Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 1 of 8[ 301 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Arkham Paranormal Detective AgencyTopic%20Title

"Too Awesome to Die"

Date: ????????, 1880
The sickness has taken most of the city. It's that damn red's fault. He cursed us to this tragedy. But I can't let it end this way. I will have this city die by my hand before some curse takes us out...

Date: July 31, 2011
Location: Arkham, Mass. A small building a few blocks down from Miskatonic University. On the window reads the sign, "Arkham Paranormal Detective Agency". It is here you volunteer to help investigate the supernatural. And it is here your first job begins.

The room is set up in its usual style, though this place was set up this way only for the last few days. Six chairs are placed around a rectangular table with a projector at the end. Five figures sat around the table, waiting for their 'boss' to enter. They had known each other for only a few days, just enough to be willing to work as a team. This was their first real assignment.
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.
Re: Arkham Paranormal Detective AgencyTopic%20Title

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria sat at the table, tapping her fingers loudly and quite annoyingly. She was so excited! She pulled out some sort of gadget, put on her goggles, and began to tinker with it. Suddenly, she did the wrong thing and ZAP! "Eek!!" she cried as the screwdriver she was using flew out of her hand.

The Real Human Being

His back to the wall, Torque closed his eyes.

In this city, he was nobody, just another jack-off from the streets.
And the people here minded their own business.

He needed to find some money so he started asking around town for a job, but on his hunt he heard about this place.
"Paranormal" He said to himself softly.

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

"Be careful!" Aeria snapped at Victoria. "Do you need it fixed or something? I can do that, instead of you, since you clearly know little about the inner workings of electronic devices! Anyone who knows a jot about them would know clearly NOT to do that."

She sighed and rested her chin on her hand. Why was she here? She wasn't going to get any money out of it. But she needed something to do on those days where she wasn't working at the library, because she didn't end up doing much on her free days. She would take a stroll down to the public gardens once in a while, sit on a bench and do something, or maybe even head down to the beach and play in the sand like a little girl. But why PARANORMAL? Probably because there were hundreds of books in the house about paranormal things and when she was bored, she'd end up reading one.

She shifted her gaze over to Torque. He looked quite deep in thought. Aeria returned her gaze to Victoria.
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

It's yuzikichan!

"I got this!" Victoria replied as she retrieved her screwdriver. "My hand slipped." She began to work on it again, staring intently at it.

"Hmph. I hope so. Another 'hand slip' like that, and you'll probably be dead," Aeria growled. She pulled out her broken Gameboy Advance and opened it up. She searched for the problem, found it, and got to work, without making any mistakes.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria looked at her and scoffed. "Hmph." She said, "This isn't some simple toy that can easily be fixed. It's something of my own invention." She held it up to show her. It looked ancient, yet new at the same time. It was antiqued bronze with metal dials and a screen that looked like an old TV. "It's a particle dissaperation detector."

((I totally made that up XD))

"What absolute utter nonsense," Aeria said. She finally made the last few adjustments to the Gameboy and stuck it back together, then turned it on. Text ran across the screen with a few beeps. The text read 'Aeria's Ghost Detector!'.

"Hmm, this is more simple. It's a ghost detector. It picks up on the little things and should hopefully pinpoint any ghosts. I had to modify it quite heavily, then when I tried to test it, it broke. I'm trying again," she said.

The Real Human Being

The girls were making themselves busy playing with toys so Torque was able to rest easy.

It had been some time since he was with a woman but Torque could wait.

"Too Awesome to Die"

With that Jean walked into the meeting room with a bunch of files and a laptop under his arm. He made his way to the head of the table and set the laptop down, hooking a few cords into the projector. With that he began passing out the files.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I just want to thank you all for joining me here in APDA," He said, "There are two things you need to start out a group like this: Money and people, and its thanks to you we have one of those two at least." He sighed as he compulsively grabbed for his wallet.

"Anyways, we've got our first job here," With a click a photo was brought up on the projector of a wild west town. The photo was old, early 1800's, "This here is Fort Scott, an old wild west town in Nevada that's been abandoned for years. People have more or less forgot about it, but its still in the system. The area around it has been fought over for years by the state and historical groups, though nobody seems to ever go out there to check on it. I managed to make a few deals and we have permission from both groups to investigate there."
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.

It's yuzikichan!

"Aww sweet!" Victoria cried, "what's there? Some gun-slinging ghosts??" she made finger-guns and pointed them at every one. "Pew! Pew! Pew!"

You’re so small in such a big world...

Argyle hadn't even given the ladies or Torque much thought, instead staring straight ahead until they received their mission.
"And no one goes in there because they suspect ghosts are haunting it, correct?" he asked as calmly as if he was asking whether it was sunny in California. He adjusted his glasses. "Will there be anyone there to talk to upon our arrival?" He rolled his eyes at Victoria. "Ghosts can't carry guns unless their presence is extremely powerful. Most of the time, they'll just make noises and appear as full-body apparitions to scare you."
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

It's yuzikichan!

"'Ey. It could happen." Victoria replied, crossing her arms. She's seen some pretty weird stuff happen in her life. "Besides, that would be awesome!"

"It's not about 'awesome'. It's about what is possible, and what is not," Aeria snapped.

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Actually there have been no real sightings of anything..." He sighed, "The closest thing we have is animals acting weird the first time anyone has been there in a hundred years." He leaned over the table.

"Remember this is our first time at the rodeo. We don't have the rep to get anything good really. This is a test for all of us. See if we've got what it takes."

"Hmm, I'd just like to make you all aware that I can be easily frightened at times, so if I freak out, there's nothing to worry about, I will recover in due time. I'm not a fearless person, okay?" Aeria confessed. She fiddled with her nails. She didn't like too many people knowing she could be frightened easily, but she had to let them know. It was better to say it now than to look like an idiot in front of everyone later.

Yo Dawg!

((Late start. Sorry about that))

Tyray sat quietly listening to the details. He was interested in this whole paranormal detective deal. Although he was skeptical about the presence of ghosts, he kept an open mind.

"What happens should we find something?" he asked

"Animals freaking out is never a good sign," Argyle said. "It is fine to be afraid, as long as you overcome it." He looked to Victoria. "And ghosts wielding guns would not be so awesome if you were actually seeing it." He faced Jean again. "Tests are my forte. I bet we'll find something interesting."

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria felt a little unnerved by all the negative feeling that she got. All she was trying to lighten the mood. She thought that it would get everyone to stop looking so serious, but she looked and felt hurt by the response she recived. It was already bad enough that most of her inventions didn't work...

She slipped the goggles back on her neck. "So... How are we going to get there?" she asked softly.

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Should we find something then we've got ourselves a scoop, and that's just so many more points of rep to get better jobs," Jean said to Tyray, "As for transportation," He turned to Victoria, "It's nothing major, but I got us an Astrovan we can pack all our equipment in. I hope you guys don't mind a road trip."

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria perked up a bit. "C-Can I bring my sodering gun and mini-welder?" She asked, her voice still soft. "We might need it in case something breaks... Maybe..." she trailed off her sentence, afraid that if she continued, she would be made fun of more.

Yo Dawg!

Ty noticed Victoria trailed off into silence, but made nothing of it. "A road trip sounds nice," he said, "It would be nice to get out of the city for a while. Plus, I've written programs that can analyze sounds, and filter videos for better visuals. I'm hoping they'll be useful."

The Real Human Being

"How soon do we go?" Torque asked.

Without waiting for an answer Torque got up and looked around.
He checked his pockets.
Knife, Check.
Cigarettes, Check. (even though he didn't smoke, it was always a good idea to have some to offer to someone to get on their good side.)
Lighter, Check.
$50 in cash, Check (all the money he had to his name.)

It's yuzikichan!

"And if something's there," Victoria piped in, "I'll feel it." She realized how strange that sounded, but they were a "Paranormal Detective Agency." Strange is just part of the job, she guessed.

Yo Dawg!

"There you go!" Ty said enthusiastically, "It seems like we have the perfect people for this job!"

He was getting into the job, forgetting his skepticism.

"Too Awesome to Die"

"Any equipment that you guys have, be sure to put it in the van," He said, "As long as it's not rediculously sized we're good. I chose you all for your personal abilities. Don't forget that. As for when we're leaving..."

Jean looked up at the clock, "Go pack for the next day or two, get some lunch, we'll leave the and make our way to the Fort."

Yo Dawg!

"All I have is my laptop and its accessories" Ty said. I should probably stop at home to put away my gun and put out food for the cat, he thought to himself, but then again, maybe I'll get to fast draw with a ghost. Ty let out a small chuckle, which he quickly tried to disguise as a cough.

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria nodded and hopped up. As she ran home, she thought of things to bring. Definitely her tool bag. Inn there she had possibly any tool that they could possibly need on the mission; screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, etc. Also her sodering gun and mini-welder. That would be good. Not to mention clothes, gloves, boots, and... THOSE. She happily went inside her abode and began to pack thing. All her clothes (all of which had some sort of steampunk motif) and toiletries went into black army-style duffle bag with bronze gears printed on it. In this tan tag, she kept her tools and gloves. The mini-welder and sodering gun were always kept in their metal case. Then, she grabbed another bag that was full of these little box-looking things. She was so happy to finally use these~
Wife of Inquisitor Amakiir and Mommy of Apollo72 and Ha³
ImageImageImage

Yo Dawg!

Tyray stopped by his office first to get his laptop and pack it up in his bag. He happened to notice his phone, the message light was blinking.

*BEEP*
YO DAWG! I HEARD YOU LIKE LAWYERIN' SO I GOT CHARGED OF A MURDER WHILE BEING CHARGED FOR A MURDER. THAT WAY, YOU CAN LAWYER WHILE YOU LAWYER! BUT YEAH, I NEED AN ATTORNEY, SO CALL ME BACK
*BEEP*

"No business for the past two weeks and when I finally find something to do, I get business. Oh well." Ty said.

He locked up his office and went to his condo. He looked around to see what would be useful. He opened up a suitcase and began stuffing it with his clothes and toiletries. Then he went to his media room where he packed a professional microphone and some studio headphones. "These will be useful" he said.

Once he was done packing he sat down. "All ready," he said. "I'll just wait until it comes time to leave."

Last edited by Neon Lemmy Koopa on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Argyle raised an eyebrow.
"Pack? What, like we weren't already completely prepared to go when we arrived?" he asked. Shrugging as Tyray and Victoria left, presumably to pack, he answered his own question. "I guess not." He stepped out the doors of the agency, grabbed his suitcase, and put it in their van. He was quite pleased with himself. Being professional, he managed to put all the clothes he'd need, even the suits he'd wear, and a couple pieces of equipment they might need, like energy readers and walkie-talkies, all in one suitcase, with room to spare. As he waited for the others to pack, he thought about what to eat for lunch and pulled out his wallet. Two bucks. Well, that was hardly enough to afford a decent meal. I'll just skip lunch again. I'm not all that hungry, anyway.

The Real Human Being

The lightbulb swung when Torque turned it on.

His one room apartment was a wreck, just a bed and a TV.

His guns were kept to the side of his TV, (always within arms reach)

He took apart one of them (a modified M590 that can fire a wide range of bullets) and put it in his bag.

He took all the clothes he owned, consisting of 2 pairs of blue jeans, 5 sleeveless shirts, a pair of leather gloves, heavy duty boots, and a black leather jacket.

In his inner jacket pocket he kept a small notebook where he kept track of things he's seen. (nobody will ever catch him with it) and in a secret lining he kept a multiple of different caliber bullets.

While he was putting his stuff away he heard a rapid pounding on the door.

Before he could react the person started kicking the door.
not able to rebuild his gun in time he hid behind where the door would swing open (Which was blocked from opening completely due to the way it was constructed.)
He watched as a ragged man ran into the house and grabbed the TV.

As the man turned around Torque closed the door.

The man (who was very obviously a crack head) pulled out a pocket knife.

Torque grabbed his arm and bent it backwards, only stopping when he heard the satisfying *snap*

The crackhead, too high to feel pain, clawed at Torque's face. Drawing blood.
Torque could feel his rage building.

He picked up the man by the throat, who even in his high could see the reality of the monster in front of him.

When the crackhead's body was found the next day it was deemed a mugging and was too petty for Gotham PD to investigate further.

but it did not escape Batman's watch

Aeria rushed to her house and ran in. Empty, as usual. She entered her room - wow, what a mess. As usual. She could never be bothered cleaning up. She grabbed some clothes - she could certainly get messy at times, she grabbed her toolkit, threw one of her favourite paranormal books in and then just put some random stuff in. Then, she closed her suitcase. She headed down to the kitchen, where there was a packed lunch on the table. Aeria looked through it. Hmm, there was enough chocolate for her taste, but not enough cookies. Aeria always knew there'd be a fresh batch every day, and so she grabbed the batch of cookies and stuffed them in her packed lunch, like a greedy child. She giggled, then left the house, locking up as she left.

She returned to the Agency with her lunch, and set down her suitcase. She sat down and began eating her lunch, starting with the sandwiches.

"So what kind of *munch* ghosts do you *munch* think will be there?" she asked.

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria returned with her stuff. "I got everything I need! Even these...." She pulled out the little box things and opened them. "These are like, the only inventions that actually work...." she admitted.

((
Spoiler: they look like this
))

"I packed some of my working inventions. They're all fairly simple devices, built into the mainframe of something else. However, fixing things is my speciality," Aeria said.

"Does it matter which kinds of ghosts we'll find? As long as we find them, I'm happy," Argyle answered, trying not to stare at Aeria's lunch. Of course. He wasn't hungry until she ate right in front of him. He peeled his eyes away, looking at Victoria. "What do those inventions do?"

Yo Dawg!

Tyray returned to the agency with two bags in his hand. He put them down. "I'm ready when you all are," he said.

He sat down and began eating a sandwich he bought on the way.

It's yuzikichan!

Victoria slid one over to him. "It's a communication device. Turn it on!" She was beaming. It was so exciting to show off her inventions~

Aeria pulled out one of her own inventions, a simple iPod classic, however instead of music, it was packed with books, mostly her own. There were also pictures inside it as well. The iPod wheel still worked same as ever, but the play button had absolutely no effect anymore.

It's yuzikichan!

"That's not an invention." Victoria replied, "You didn't invent the iPod. That's a modification. A true invention is something you make from scratch."

"Calm down, take a chill pill," Argyle said to Victoria. "She never said anything." He shrugged and tried to figure out the communication device. "Now, how do I work this?" Okay, so it wasn't a complicated invention. He could already tell how to turn it on. However, he wanted Victoria to not pick a fight with Aeria, and he figured turning her attention to her invention would be as good of a method as any to achieve that.
Page 1 of 8 [ 301 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay