Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 24 of 28[ 1083 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Re: Danganronpa School Mode: SHSL Class Trip!Topic%20Title

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

The brothers broke away from the tour after the founder's statue. They wanted to see the Art Gallery before time was up. It was Jay's idea. He was interested in the art, for sure, and wished more people would come so Jeremy would have a group to which he could teach the basics of art history. He admitted that he had an ulterior motive. After exploring the gallery for awhile, Jeremy filling Jay in on the ins and outs of the various works, they arrived at the communal painting at the end.

"We gotta leave a stroke each, correct? Let's see..." Jay remarked. He found a nice dark blue color and a liner brush. In cursive, he wrote the word hope, all in one stroke as was tradition. Leaving a parting word from the Wordsmith was Jay's way of leaving his legacy. "What about you, Jeremy?"

Without a word, Jeremy found a small paintbrush and dipped into some green paint. Inside the O that Jay had made, he painted a four-leaf clover symbol. Stepping back, he smiled and marveled at the brothers' work.

"A-A clover? Why?" Jay asked, a bit confused by Jeremy's choice.

"Simple. For the one who could not join us this week. It is also greeen, which is my favorite color, so it is a happy, maybe even lucky, coincidence, hmhm," Jeremy explained, chuckling.

"A d-double meaning then; two-for-one. How economical of you!" Jay observed, unable to stifle a laugh himself. The brothers left the gallery and met back up with the group, hoping they hadn't missed much.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Happy Maria

Rutake was looking at the art gallery wistfully. As the brothers started leaving, he noticed and ran with them. "Wait! D-don't leave me behind as well!"

Shy guy

MechaQdogg wrote:
Anton caught up to Thomlyn and Feena in the stands, after the match. With a slight bow, he said, "Thank you for coming to support me. I appreciate it. Would you like to rejoin the others in the tour?"

Feena was quite conflicted. She'd cheered for both participants, and then both participants had gone on to win... sort of. But at the same time it still felt like a disappointing end, yet there wasn't much she could say about it due to her indecisive cheering.

Thomlyn was much happier with the result, or moreso, the lack of Anton losing or getting hurt. "I hadn't realised you were so skilled at fencing!" He said, as the three left to go find the others on their tour. The e-handbooks meant they'd easily be able to meet with them.

The tour continued throughout the day, covering the remaining Wonders. The fountain was impressive, and a bit weird. The mansion ruins turned out to be rather fun to run around and hide in, even for the older students. In comparison the pristine palace was surprisingly boring, even given the limitations on where they could move. Finally the tour took the group to the Della Manna, which was exactly as described, no more, no less. They stared bemusedly at the giant stone fruit for a while, and then all went their separate ways, tour over.

"Oh, Sakura?" Sayako addressed the girl as the class departed the final Wonder. She gently took her hand in both of hers and gazed at her with pleading eyes. "There's something I'd really like to do with you while you're here. Will you come with me?"

KamiPanda wrote:
Thomlyn was much happier with the result, or moreso, the lack of Anton losing or getting hurt. "I hadn't realised you were so skilled at fencing!" He said, as the three left to go find the others on their tour. The e-handbooks meant they'd easily be able to meet with them.

As they met the other students, Anton explained. "The man who trained me in the ways of the violin wished me to strengthen my core, and believed that training me in the blade was the proper way to do it. As you can see, his lessons in the violin were somewhat more effective."

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Oh, Sakura?" Sayako addressed the girl as the class departed the final Wonder. She gently took her hand in both of hers and gazed at her with pleading eyes. "There's something I'd really like to do with you while you're here. Will you come with me?"

Sakura smiled back warmly. "Of course! Lead on, I'll follow you wherever!"

MechaQdogg wrote:
As they met the other students, Anton explained. "The man who trained me in the ways of the violin wished me to strengthen my core, and believed that training me in the blade was the proper way to do it. As you can see, his lessons in the violin were somewhat more effective."

"Painting, blade fighting... the road to becoming a master violinist sounds very challenging." Thomlyn said, chuckling.

Blah blah announcement blah blah:

"Attention students! It is unfortunate, but our time here is beginning to draw to a close. Please begin making your way back to your rooms at your earliest convenience, but do not let that stop you from engaging in one or two more activities. We will return to #11038 as soon as everyone has returned to their rooms."
100% pure Joy.

Sayako nodded and did exactly that, walking hand in hand with Sakura. They traveled to one of the docks along the Dokun. After touring the city with the others, it was nearly sunset, so they'd arrived when the sky was perfect for peacefully drifting down the river. She located one of the available gondolas built for two, and after paying the gondolier, stepped up to the craft and motioned for Sakura to enter. "Ladies first," she smiled.

Shy guy

"Mm, thank you!" Sakura carefully got on-board the small boat, then offered Sayako a hand to help her on also.

She gratefully took Sakura's hand as she stepped into the gondola, and continued holding it as she sat next to her companion. Her free arm wrapped around Sakura as she waited for the boat to begin its journey down the dusk-lit river.

Shy guy

Sakura leaned against Sayako contentedly, and soon the gondola departed. The two became lost in their own private world, watching the sun go down.

Jay was left alone to do what he wanted for the last few hours, and he decided he needed to visit the Lauded Makango; the most popular café in all of Wanang. He picked a seat on the patio close to the river, but also a spot where he could see the setting sun reflecting on the River Dokun.

He gazed out over the water as he sipped his hot chocolate. It was divine, pretty much on-par with Thomlyn's concoction. He reflected on his time in the city with great satisfaction, though just like the fancy hot chocolate recommended to him, the experience had a slight bitterness, what with Theresa leaving the class and Felicity having to stay behind.

Introspection of this kind always left Jay misty-eyed, and he almost didn't see the gondola floating down the river in the distance. He donned his glasses and zoomed in to see who was aboard, and his expression brightened at the scene he saw. Yes, he knew the two aboard were probably destined to be together anyway, but he couldn't help but believe he'd played a very small part in making it so. Jay was no less than one hundred percent content with how things had turned out. He stood up and waved from his place as the gondola drew closer.

The events that brought Jay here felt like they'd happened an eternity ago. And, the world which should've seemed like a dream to Jay was now beginning to become the true reality in his mind. The nagging feeling of not belonging still crept at the back of his mind though. This one small notion prevented Jay from becoming completely euphoric in the situation. "N-no, this is my home now. I can't get back, so why should I worry? This is the most difficult dilemma I have yet to face: To want to set things right, but not want to give up all the memories I've made. Maybe it's not so simple. Things are never completely in black and white. I... deserve this though, right? I think I've earned that much. And now, as this monologue draws to a close, I must finish my hot chocolate."

Jay spent a few more glorious moments staring out at the water, the gondola going past as the sunset cast a spotlight on it, and he sighed. The weight of the world had melted away completely as Jay drank the last sip of his beverage. For once, Jay didn't have to do anything; he could just... exist.
100% pure Joy.

As the sun set on their final day, the students all gathered in their split-level cottages. The ones with the dorm rooms, remember? Anyway, they were all safely inside and the return process began. Because nobody voiced complaints, the time was reduced slightly to 15 minutes.

Novoselic ended up leading to a lot of interesting developments indeed, and as Jay reminisced about the hot chocolate he'd had at the end, the shutters closed and the door locked. 15 minutes later...

End of Week 2: Things Are Sweet and Sour in Wanang

The new location poll is up!

"Attention Students! It is my pleasure to inform you that a new student has joined our ranks! Please join me in welcoming Mr. Zimmern to our lovely class!" Jeremy announced over the TVs as the rooms unlocked, "Please meet him in the Main Hall ASAP!"
100% pure Joy.

Happy Maria

"A new student?!", shouted Sophia. "Ooh, this should be totally exciting!" She ran to the main hall immediately.

"Zimmern? Hm, can't determine much from the name, but... I get a vague notion I've heard it before... Well, no use monologuing around here!" Jay mused as he opened his door and was nearly blindsided by Sophia. A quick look to the right made it apparent the new student's room was already assigned. "Austin...? There's that feeling again." Just then, Jeremy also exited his room. The two walked together through the common area and passed through the double doors into the Main Hall to meet the new guy.
100% pure Joy.

You’re so small in such a big world...

In the Main Hall, Austin was just relaxing in his chair. Totally calm. He was wearing his usual red t-shirt, jeans, and black sandals.

Cat, however, was the opposite of calm as she flitted to and fro, pucking up each of her cats in turn to make sure their paws were clean enough for them to walk around such an exquisite environment and talking quite loudly to Austin as she did. Their converstion went a little something like this:

"This place is so extravagant! You really got here on scholarship?"

"Yeah."

"Hm, alright. But where is everyone? Isn't there supposed to be faculty around? For all they know, we could be causing all kinds of mischief!"

"They trust us. They're probably just waking up."

Cat's cats meowed and the woman smiled, petting and picking up her each of her cats in turn, sometimes planting kisses on their foreheads. At the end of this exchange, she still held a Persian cat with her left arm and a small tuxedo cat in her right.

"I should check if they have any cat food here. And a map. And I think we should tour this place and time how quickly you can get everywhere. Make sure it's truly handicap accessible, and not another one of those places with the really slow doors and wonky lifts that leave you stranded between passing periods."

Austin shrugged.

"We can do that later. For right now, we should wait to meet everyone and then we can see if you can eat anything. I know you're probably hun--"

As he spoke, Cat brushed a loose strand of hair from his face and smiled down at him.

"Don't concern yourself with me, Austin. This is your big day, okay? I just want to make sure you're safe here."

Austin nodded.

"You should still eat something, though," he muttered.

And that's when people arrived. Cat regarded Sophia as she came in.

"Ah, hello, there. Are you a student here? My name is Cat, and this is Austin."

She gestured to Austin, who seemed to be staring off into space. She nudged him softly.

"Oh, uh, yeah, hi. Sorry, I just . . . ."

He had just caught sight of the Slezak brothers.

Cat shrugged.

"Don't worry about him. He stares off into space pretty often these days. It's because his imagination is working, I suspect. Ah, but where are my manners? Would you like to pet one of my cats?" She offered her Persian cat for petting.

". . . Please excuse me a moment."

With speed not thought possible, he wheeled forward, causing a loud squeak, as he approached the brothers.

"Jay! Jeremy! It's so good to . . ." He trailed off for a moment. Something was wrong. Very wrong. His instincts kicked in.

". . . Meet you. Yes. Mr. Slezak and . . . Mr. Slezak . . . . I'm Austin."

"Ah! You must be faculty!" Cat proclaimed to Jeremy. "I have questions for you, but I should probably ask them privately! In the meantime, it is nice to meet all of you!"
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Happy Maria

"Ooh!" Sophia giggled and pet the Persian cat. "Nice to meet you! I like cats too!" She looked at Male Chihiro Austin concernedly. "Is this your son? What's his talent?"

Jeremy was ready with two e-Handbooks. Walking forward, he was immediately approached by the man in the wheelchair.

"Ah, Mr. Zimmern, it's nice to--wait, how do you know our names?" Jeremy began. "U-um, anyway, here is your e-Handbook. It contains everything you could ever wish to know about the school. It has a built-in map which changes to display wherever we go on trips. There is also a rules section, the student roster, a list of polls--there is currently one running for the next trip, and an activities list. You will use your handbook to access your dorm room. This one is yours," Jeremy explained, handing one to Austin, "And this one I will give to Mrs. Zimmern." Jeremy walked over to Cat and gave her the same explanation, explaining that her handbook accessed Austin's room as well.

Meanwhile, Jay was lost in thought, and repeating the name over and over again. "Austin Zimmern... Austin, Austin, Austin... Austin... W-wait! YOU!!" Jay had a sudden realization and looked straight at Austin, comparing his face with the mental image he now pictured, "Wait, how can I know you? Why do I know you? Those events never happened in this--" Jay shot a quick glance to Jeremy, then turned his gaze back to Austin. "Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself. Nice to see you! I'm Jay Slezak, and I'm the Ultimate Wordsmith! My brother's the Ultimate Professor."
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

"Hello!" Sakura greeted the two new arrivals cheerfully, having followed on behind the others. "Ooooh, kitties!"

Feena, upon seeing the cats, immediately ran over to try and pet one. "Soooo many cats!" She exclaimed, looking like she'd just stumbled into wonderland.

Thomlyn, in the meantime, greeted them more calmly. "Welcome, the both of you! A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Thank you. I take great pride in them. All seven of them. But of course none of them make me prouder than Austin!" she said. "Yeah. That is my son. He's this super genius wizard who does computer things. I can't make heads or tails of it really. And what's your name, sweetheart?"

She waited to hear the name and then leaned in to plant a kiss on Sophia's left cheek, then right cheek. This was her version of a handshake. It was the only proper way to greet people.

"And now we have officially met."

She giggled in a cheeky manner.

"Oh, uh . . . ," Austin began, totally not awkwardly. "I . . . Heard of you. Yes. When I heard I was coming here, I googled things. And I liked what I saw." Yup. That sounds . . . believable. Just keep smiling . . . .

As Jeremy handed him his e-handbook, he said, "Thank you."

And for a second, he almost believed he had gotten away with his lie. But then Jay seemed to recognize him as well. Austin blinked and shook his head.

"Not here," he muttered softly. "Not a good time or place. We'll discuss it later. Something stinks about this."

He laughed.

"Ahaha! Word Smith! Suits you well," he said, still in a soft tone. Then he spoke at his normal volume. "And I am a Super High School Level Computer Programmer. It's a pleasure."

Meanwhile, Cat giggled as Jeremy handed her her e-handbook.

"Thanks, love. It's very kind of you!"

Her Sphinx and her Maine Coon rubbed on Jeremy's pant leg and purred.

And she leaned into plant her cheek kisses upon Jeremy as well.

Then more students arrived and she giggled again.

"Yes. Hello! Feel free to pet my cats! They are all tamed. They'd love some affection. Just try not to be too rough with them!"

The cat Feena tried to pet flopped on her side as if to say, "Adore me!" as she purred.

"A pleasure to meet you as well. I'm Cat!"

Austin waved at the new arrivals.

"Hi. I'm Austin. Nice to meet you all."

Happy Maria

"I'm Sophia Cox, the Ultimate Ventriloquist!", Sophia squeed. She didn't seem to mind Cat's unique way of greeting, and continued petting the cats. Meanwhile Rutake and Eta entered the room to greet the newcomer.

"My, my. What a lovely name!" Cat commented. The cat seemed to love Sophia's petting and rubbed her head against her hand with a loud purr. Then Cat noticed the newcomers and flashed them a smile.

"Hello, there! I'm Cat, Austin's mom! And that's Austin! Please be nice to him, 'kay?"

She gestured to him with her head as he waved and muttered, nearly inaudibly, "I can speak for myself, you know."

"'Suits me well?' Austin, you aren't doing a very good job of hiding it," Jay noted in a hushed tone. Checking to make sure Cat wasn't looking, Jay bent down to Austin's ear and whispered, "I remember everything. Let me prove it to you: Zoey Blackbird. My words, my time in the game is all so clear, as if it was part of my memories from the beginning, even though it shouldn't be." Jay popped back up before Austin had a chance to respond and began walking over to Austin's mom. He asked in a polite tone, "Mrs. Zimmern, will you be staying with us as well? To care for your son?"

"Ahaha, cats. Good thing I planned ahead. The nurse's office is stocked full of veterinary supplies, there is plenty of pet food of all different types in storage, and there should be plenty for them to do. Please enjoy," Jeremy stated, attempting to gingerly step around the cats. He walked back over to Austin. With a bit of a flustered voice, Jeremy suggested, "Mr. Zimmern, I um, yes, we should talk later. There are some questions I need to ask. Um, about programming, and... other things."
100% pure Joy.

Austin blushed slightly, embarrassed at being called out.

"Er, yeah. I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting . . . ."

And then Jay whispered in his ear. And at the mention of Zoey Blackbird, his eyes widened. His cheeks flushed scarlet, and there were unmistakably tears in his eyes. He tried to stammer out some form of reply, but Jay walked away before any could form. It was just as well. Austin clearly needed a moment to compose himself.

But then Jeremy approached him, so what could Austin do but force himself to appear composed with a blink?

It was very limited success. His cheeks were still pink. And there was still some pain in his eyes, but at least the tears were gone.

"O-oh . . . Yeah. I'd be happy to help," Austin declared in a tone that sounded cheery, and definitely not forced in the slightest. Nope. Not at all.

As Jeremy explained about how the school had lots of things for her cats, Cat smiled at him.

"Thank you very much, Professor. I'm glad you're so accommodating!"

And then Jay approached her. She leaned in to peck his cheeks.

"Hm, I don’t know. I do have a job, you know. I work nights. So I likely won't be here during that time. But, I do want to be here when possible! Because, like you said, I want to care for Austin. My son, living in a dorm. I can't even really wrap my head around it! He's growing up so fast!"

There were tears in her eyes as she spoke, but unlike Austin, she didn't bother to hide them.

"I want so badly for him to be independent, but the last school he went to . . . wasn't all it was cracked up to be, and . . . things I should only discuss with faculty happened there. So I would like to be here at least a few days to make sure this place is truly on the up and up . . . But it would be a huge relief if I didn't have to be here all the time."

"Oh, certainly Mrs. Zimmern! Um, that's not to say we wouldn't enjoy your company, but um, I understand completely. Uh, if there's anything we can do for you, you need but ask!" Jay explained in a cheery tone, "Being a visually-impaired student myself," he opened his eyes as wide as he could to point out the deformities, "I understand how important accommodations are. Oh, I already sound like my brother's assistant, don't I? Haha. Anyway, the handbook lets you talk directly with Director Slezak as well in case you have any questions."

Jeremy noticed the strangeness in Austin's voice as well as his flushed cheeks. "Oh my, did Jay make you uncomfortable? I apologize. He has been through... well, no. This time it is, um... What I mean is, I have this vague feeling of familiarity which I cannot explain," Jeremy finally said, stumbling through his words while trying to make sense of his rather peculiar memories, "Anyway, I believe Jay just tries to explain himself too quickly and bluntly. He is kind of the chaos to my order, I am afraid. But um, to change to a lighter subject, I wish to discuss artificial intelligence with you sometime later. For now, can I assist you with anything?"
100% pure Joy.

"A-ah, no, it's . . . Well, yes, but there's no reason to apologize. I mean, he was just . . . ."

Austin stumbled over his words, trying to explain but not doing a very good job. He gestured vaguely with his hands. But it seemed Jeremy wasn't faring much better with his own phrasing.

"Familiarity, hm? Yeah, I think I can help you out. I know . . . kiiind of why, but only part of it and it's a confusing mess inside my brain right now. I'm better with computers than I am with words, I promise. Jay didn't say anything intentionally to shake me up. I know. He just, really wanted to make sure we were both on the same page."

He cracked a smile.

"Artificial intelligence, huh? I'm your man for that!"

He then tilted his head.

"Hm. Not at the moment. My mom would probably want to tour the building with us later, though."

"Well, of course everyone would enjoy my company! Or, at least, my cats'!" Cat said. She looked at the eye deformities.

"Oh, my, Darling! Visual impairment is nothing to sneeze at. Your eyes don't hurt, though, do they?"

She laughed.

"Then I shall make good use of this feature later on. Thank you. That does make me feel better already."

"Anyway, Austi-*ahem* Mr. Zimmern, I do not mean to hog up all your time. Please, go introduce yourself to the others. We will have plenty of time to tour the school and talk later," Jeremy stated, almost letting his familiarity get in the way of his polite speech. Jeremy nodded and began to turn around and walk away.

"Nah, they don't hurt, though it does get annoying at times," Jay responded, then reached into his belt pack to retrieve his glasses, "Plus, with these, I have normal-enough vision, but they're so strong I can only keep 'em on for about 15 minutes before it starts to hurt. Anyway, just talk to Jeremy and he'll give you two a tour of the facilities! For now, we need to go take care of something. Enjoy yourself. See ya!" Jay ran over to Jeremy.

"There's still the matter of Remeku," Jay remarked in a lowered voice.

"Ah yes, right. If we delay much longer we may lose our chance," Jeremy agreed. They left the Main Hall to the Dormitories. They came to Remeku's door and rang the doorbell.
100% pure Joy.

Alfons walked up to the new student, unaware of his arrival. He was holding a new necklace, one that he clearly did not get before, as it glistened in the moonlight. Alfons wrapped the new necklace around his wrist and brought his hands to his hips.

"OHOHOHO! A new student? What is your name?"

"Yeah . . . . Thank you," Austin said to Jeremy as he left. He sighed softly. This was a bit much already . . . But when someone else walked up to him, he tried not to show anything and cracked a smile.

"I'm Austin. Yeah, I'm new. What's your name?"

"Ah, I see. That stinks," Cat said in a gentle tone. But then Jay excused himself and Cat waved after him. "G'bye!" She smiled, clearly satisfied as her cats played nice with everyone.

"I suppose I'm getting a bit hungry," she mused. "I wonder if anyone knows where the dining hall is?"

"KYAAAAAHAHAHA!" Alfons yodelled, firing an arrow into the air. "Listen well! I am Alfons Einarrson, the Ultimate Archer. Really, I should be called the Ultimate Thief...but my marksman skills come second to none."

He tossed the necklace into the air, before carefully readying his bow. "I should not be here. That scoundrel Viktor might come by and arrest me again."

Aphons' firing the arrow into the air didn't seem to bother Austin . . .

. . . But it did bother, Cat, who walked over to him.

"Excuse me, but would you mind not firing arrows around my son?" she asked the question with a sweet, but threatening smile. The kind all mothers have before they start making you question your life choices and count to three. Austin looked embarrassed.

"I-it's fine, Mom. He's the Ultimate Archer."

"Austin, please. We're talking, here," Cat said. Austin shrugged.

"Sorry about this, Alphons . . . ."

"Is that necklace you're so carelessly throwing around even yours?" Cat added, completely ignoring Austin.

"W-Wha..?!" Alfons jumped back in surprise, pointing at Cat. "You are this boy's mother? You look so young you look like his sister!"

Alfons clutched the necklace and looked with indignation. "Y-You assume that I stole this necklace?"

Shy guy

"You are a thief, self declared even." Thomlyn noted.
"Naw, Alfie didn't steal that, I'm sure of it! Though it'd be pretty cool if he had!" Feena said, excited by the sudden activity in the room.

Alfons hood drooped as he fiddled with the necklace. "Because it's true! I-I'm not just merely self-declared! I'm a fearful thief! I disappear into the night, riddling commoners with fright!"

"Flattery won't get you anywhere if you're putting my son in danger," Cat said very matter-of-factly.

"Mom, please--' Austin started to say, but his mom cut him off.

"I don't assume anything. It's why I asked. If I were assuming you were committing a crime, I'd either tell faculty or call the police. So stop being evasive and answer my question."

Her tone was brisk and delivered with a very "no-nonsense" attitude.

"Um, thank you for complimenting her, though?" Austin chimed in. And then Alphons had to make things worse for himself in the eyes of Cat.

"Oh, so you admit you're a criminal? And faculty just lets you mill among the other students? Who even raised you? What is wrong with this place? Austin, it's not safe here. Let's go."

She started pushing Austin's wheelchair away.

"A-ah, Mom, stop. It's fine. He didn't do anything that put anyone in danger."

"It's just a matter of time," Cat said.

"Mom, please, at least talk to Professor Slezak first!" Austin said. But his objections seemed to fall on deaf ears as she kept pushing him.

"U-um . . . A little help, please?" Austin asked, looking at the others imploringly.

Shy guy

"Ma'am, though I sometimes question his methods, we do have a prison warden here with us as well." Thomlyn called after Cat. "He helps keep Alfons under control."

The brothers could be seen exiting the Dormitories with Remeku, a patch over her right eye. They entered the Facilities Wing. After a short while, Jay ran back out to the group.

"So what's everyone up t--Oh crap, Alfons is here," Jay began to ask, then noticed the commotion, "D-Did he fire another arrow at someone!?" Jay then saw Cat pushing Austin towards the front doors. "M-Mrs. Zimmern, please reconsider! As Thomlyn noted, we have the Ultimate Warden among us. If it makes you feel better, we can rope Alfons in. Plus, we have regulations in place. There is strict punishment for anyone who physically assaults another student, which should be an obvious inclusion to any ruleset. I promise you: Nothing bad is going to happen!"
100% pure Joy.

Alfons' hood began to droop at all the accusations, and he just didn't say a word before silently polishing his bow.

Cat scoffed at Thomlyn's words.

"I'm sorry. I'm sure he's lovely and so are you, but he doesn't seem to be doing a good job keeping that kid under control. My son's safety isn't something I'm willing to compromise on!" she called back. Austin fidgeted uncomfortably.

"I-I'm sure--"

And then Jay approached. Austin looked relieved. Cat paused. For two seconds and then started wheeling Austin out again. The good news is that this is a slow process. Austin and the wheelchair are really heavy, after all.

"No, I'm not taking that chance! The last school Austin was in supposedly had a zero tolerance policy against bullying and strict regulations in place for assault, and they still--!"

She cut herself off and sighed.

"My son could be killed. Do you understand? If that kid gets angry, he could fire an arrow at my son, and it doesn't matter what the consequences are for him. Austin would still be dead. Don't you get that?!"

Her voice rose in volume. Tears streamed down her face. Her pace slowed even more.

Austin looked like he wanted to say something, but refrained. He instead reached back and held Cat's hand, trying to comfort her.

Anton came into the Main Hall, quickly adjusting his clothes to look presentable.

"I must offer my humblest apologies for being tardy. I had to do something last-minute in Wanang, and had to quickly... change..." said Anton, somewhat uncomfortable.

"But it is nice to meet you, Mr... er, Zimmern, was it?" the tall boy walked over to Austin and offered his hand and a smile. He then noticed that there seemed to be a bit more tension in the room than he was expecting, but still, his hand held out firmly.
Page 24 of 28 [ 1083 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay