Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 1 of 1[ 39 posts ]

The gloves are now offically off (Everyone to read this one Topic%20Title

What is my liiiife?!?

Now, it's been about 3 days since I've been put in charge of this little section. I expected that on the whole, people would listen to what I had to say, and put it into practice. Needless to say, it hasn't. I still see a lot of the people here breaking these rules, most notably the Post Length rule. I've gone into the topics and said 'Hey guys, please do it". No response. Then I went, "Hey guys, if you don't stop I'll start being strict." Guess the outcome of that one.

So here is how it will now go. I have decided to change the 3 sentence rule to the 'Paragraph Rule' The paragraph you have as a guidance is the post in my sig. Yes, it may look daunting, but it takes about a couple of minutes to write. Now you may ask me why, and this is why. If I DON'T do this, this board will dissolve into a chat board. In fact, it already is one. You go in, you type something, you go out. The main point of an RP board on the other hand is to sit down, and write a piece of a story for the whole world to read. Which funnily enough, makes it a bit like an interactive fanfic with more than one person.

So, now you all know the rules, which will be posted into my signature, you have no excuses. If I see you break the rules once, I will warn you by PM. Twice, an official warning and a weeks ban from this part of the forums. The next time will be a month. And after that, you'll be prevented from coming to the RP board indefinitely. The Good news is that I'm a forgiving sort of person. If you can prove to me that you'll follow the rules, then after a while I may relent.

Also, this won't apply to the people who don't have english as their first language or anyone else who has a valid reason. You guys just have to follow the 3 sentence rule, although I expect them to be at least of moderate length. Just PM me to let me know, and you'll be fine. So thats about it for this post. I'm also thinking about writing some RP tutorials for the people who'd like to learn more about making the best posts they can; it's not all negative stuff you know. Thank you for reading.
Re: The gloves are now offically off (Everyone to read this oneTopic%20Title

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

I have to agree. I am TIRED of seeing posts of only two words like "Okay then..." or "Very well." I'm also tired of seeing dialogue-only posts where EVERYTHING in the post is within quotes. At least say something like:
"I can't believe this is happening!" John exclaimed as he looked at the figure slowly coming towards him.
That was so simple to write. It doesn't make any sense why people wouldn't be able to describe what's going on around them. It's not repetitive if you just USE YOUR IMAGINATION. Okay. Now that I'm done ranting, I'm gonna go back to RP'ing now. Kthxbai!
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

I may or may not be here.

I would like to see some RP tutorials. I'm still new to this and I think that would be really helpful to have around.
ImageImage
Re: The gloves are now offically off (Everyone to read thisTopic%20Title

What is my liiiife?!?

Of course, Mr. Serrot. Part of the reason I'm here is to help, and also to post. So you'll find me popping up in a lot of the RP's around here, as well as the tutorials.

Also, please. If you see anything that breaks the rules, report it. I know the mods don't like lots of reports, but I can't keep my eyes and ears open enough to catch everything.

I'll help by also letting people know whenever I see them under posting. Like I do for over sized sigs and avatars.
Will the tutorials be stickied? And when do you think they will start to pop up?
Sorry about all the questions. I just want to make sure I don't miss anything and make a mistake. I must have a little Von Karma in me. :karma:
ImageImage

What is my liiiife?!?

Sticked, yes. They'll start to pop up very soon, depending on how much time I have since I'm doing my A-Levels. Also, once again can this topic be stickied?

Violet Blu; KristophxViola Supporter

Having new things, and rules makes me feel to awkward.
I hate it when I accidentally do things o.o;
So I'll try my best to RP great!
Teehee...
But I do think it's nice that we have fuller sentences now!
<3
We should have better replies with all the stuff we can read!
Thanks.
Don't forget the past...
Sig by Donald_S; Avi by Slezak
Married to Slezak<3<3<3<3<3
Proud mother to IrisWright<3

Faith is for the transient people.

You're a mod, Gerk. o.o If you can close and move topics, why can't you sticky them? Did they not allow you to?
Proud supporter of Phoenix/Iris, past, present and future
Thank you Elriel! :D

What is my liiiife?!?

Yeah, it's not possible for me to sticky my topics, which is more than a little bit inconvenient to be fully honest. But it doesn't really matter when you don't need it much. Anyway, as you can now see in my sig, the minimum is 50-100 words for now.

Which is exactly the length of my first paragraph of this post! Of course, if the reply's get shorter again, I'll increase it to 75-100 words. Hope that simplifies things. :)

I'm going to bust some heads if people make the minimum longer. >.> I'm already going to have trouble with 100 words every time. (50's fine, especially in some emergency cases)

What is my liiiife?!?

Thats why I put the dash in. 50 is fine, but I'd prefer 100. I still can't see how writing a hundred words is so difficult though,
but that might because I'm used to long post RP's

I'm used to a variation, depending on how many characters you control that are in the same area (or even different areas, with more scenes), what's going on, etc. It really depends. I'm not a poet, or a master fiction writer, but I'm still able to cope with 50+ words.
Re: The gloves are now officially off (Everyone to read this oneTopic%20Title

Do you think we could make a practice RP? We could set a scenario and people could practice fleshing out their reaction. We could even change up the scenario every so often to keep things fresh and to present new challenges. That would be really good for someone like me who has trouble thinking up detailed ways to explain what's going on.
ImageImage

Donald Serrot wrote:
Do you think we could make a practice RP? We could set a scenario and people could practice fleshing out their reaction. We could even change up the scenario every so often to keep things fresh and to present new challenges. That would be really good for someone like me who has trouble thinking up detailed ways to explain what's going on.

Seconded. This could really help some RPers who feel that they are rusty, or need something to keep their mind racing.

Xero Wright wrote:
Seconded. This could really help some RPers who feel that they are rusty, or need something to keep their mind racing.

I was thinking more for the new people who have a hard time keeping up and making full meaty posts. But I guess the older pros could need some practice if they are gone for a while.
ImageImage

What is my liiiife?!?

Great idea. I'll set one up at some point today. :)

Da Bomb

Cool. A practice roleplay seems like a great idea. It's been a while since I've roleplayed, so it's good to get back in to the... I dunno, groove of things.
Pairings: Miego, NickMaya, (CloTi & Fack)
Daughter of GavinnerRock

:cookie: PHEAR THE COOKIES of DOOM! :cookie:

What is my liiiife?!?

I'm happy to say that people are actually starting to get it :) I'll be doing an old topic cleanout pretty soon, but not quite yet. I need to discuss with Croik about it ^_^ That, and the practice RP needs setting up. *Goes to it*

Gerkuman wrote:
Also, this won't apply to the people who don't have english as their first language or anyone else who has a valid reason. You guys just have to follow the 3 sentence rule, although I expect them to be at least of moderate length. Just PM me to let me know, and you'll be fine. So thats about it for this post. I'm also thinking about writing some RP tutorials for the people who'd like to learn more about making the best posts they can; it's not all negative stuff you know. Thank you for reading.

Good to know! I have nothing against the new rule and I will still try to write posts that contain more than fifty words. It's going to be difficult at first because usually the English essays we have had to write for school have been around 100-150 words, but I hope I'll get used to it. Maybe this will help me as I love to write and I'd like to try to write a fanfic someday.

You know it's weird, you made a topic saying you were against locking and/or deleting topics in this section. Now your in charge of locking these topics.
Don't mind me, just passing through.

Bleachlover wrote:
You know it's weird, you made a topic saying you were against locking and/or deleting topics in this section. Now your in charge of locking these topics.

"Are you trying to escape? *Warped Laughter* Things have changed since the last time you left the building..." </totallynotrippingoffGLaDOSnonosototallynot>

Basically, people's opinions change. Get with the times. XD

EDIT: And, I was not trying to be a jerk with this post. Sorry if it seemed like it.

Me and my cousin Kyo are not having English as our main language. But some people slammed against me about my grammar, so that makes Kyo unable to join any RPs because her English is not what people will agree on. Heck, we type slow because we have to open up the dictionary and thesaurus AND ask online friends if the sentences we type are understandable. So I only joined ONE thread for RP because that one didn't press on me as bad as the other one that I applied for. Sorry if my posts don't make sense, I'm still trying to make you all understand what I type in CR.
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington

Four is Death

I understand what yuor saying, Ken, if that's any consolation ^^

May I have an explanation for your reply? Sorry, I understood consolation = some kinda prize?
Occult Wanderer wrote:
if that's any consolation

Richard Wellington

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Honestly, Ken... You actually type BETTER than some of the Americans I know... But those kinds of people use what is known as "Chatspeak"; words like "u" for you, "r" for are, "y" for why, etc. I noticed also, unlike those people I was referring to, you capitalize words AND have really good grammar. Even though some of your words may not exactly fit the meaning you were going for, I can understand almost all of the content of your posts.

Oh, and by the way, I believe consolation is basically another word for encouragement.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Four is Death

Ken wrote:
May I have an explanation for your reply? Sorry, I understood consolation = some kinda prize?
Occult Wanderer wrote:
if that's any consolation

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that.

I meant "It's better then a lot of people I know..."

@Slaezak: Most British are like that. I troll on other forums about chatspeak. =P

Thank you for the explanation, anyway probably my English appears as what you said here because I'm using the dictionary, thesaurus and sometimes (if I have to) idiom references as well.

Richard Wellington

spr fckn srs peepz

Gerkuman wrote:
won't apply to the people who don't have english

While I'm not about to do it, I could technically have a valid reason right there to not follow a rule.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

What is my liiiife?!?

Quebec is... a grey area. Sure they speak french, but a lot speak english. Besides, as I said. They still have to follow the 3 sentences rule :D

spr fckn srs peepz

Gerkuman wrote:
Quebec is... a grey area. Sure they speak french, but a lot speak english. Besides, as I said. They still have to follow the 3 sentences rule :D

That'd require I actually posted in this section. Which I don't. Probably should, but don't.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Insanity at its classiest.

I see what you mean, Gerk. Even I had trouble to begin with, but I'm one of the oldest CR members currently in the RP section, and I'm taking my responsibilities as a more senior member. I was always the older sign-up date above Xero, who's my buddy (and if he disagrees, don't listen,) but he was way better a member than I was. So, I'm going to follow him and keep some peace and enforce some rules like I should've been doing all along.
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.

<3 <3 <3

Oh, I get it. xD

I first read this and thought we could only type three sentences per post. I think the very idea of only three sentences is overwhelming. x3
Igiari! 2025 is a brand new literate Phoenix Wright roleplay forum, aking place on a retconned timeline with characters from PW and AJ. We need YOU!

This time I'll be bulletproof.

Well, it's not so easy to type 50-100 words-posts for me because my native language is German..I mean, the grammar is basically not so hard, but some of the adjectives describing something are not very various, because I DON'T KNOW THEM. And then I look it up on dict.cc and it is seems to be in the wrong place. Hell, even this post makes no sense for me. ARGH.
I'm not using CR anymore.

Waiting on Godot...

SuzuneAyasato wrote:
Well, it's not so easy to type 50-100 words-posts for me because my native language is German..I mean, the grammar is basically not so hard, but some of the adjectives describing something are not very various, because I DON'T KNOW THEM. And then I look it up on dict.cc and it is seems to be in the wrong place. Hell, even this post makes no sense for me. ARGH.

You managed 69 words. IF you can keep your rps that length or longer, then you're sweet ^^

And as a side note- if english isn't your first language, then I'm sure that a couple of shorter posts wont be a problem as long as you TRY. The idea is quality RP over quantity. The word count rule is to stop 1 / 2 sentence RPs..
ImageImageImageImage

WAAAAAAAGH!

Whoops. I was not aware of this rule.

I apologize for not realizing this.

Dragonkeeper

If the post must be only what your character is saying, how do you type what your doing
e.g. Clicked fingers and demon boadygaurds appeared
Hurry, hurry, only a few spaces left on Lightfall~a superhuman RP, don't delay, sign today!

Godman9 wrote:
If the post must be only what your character is saying, how do you type what your doing
e.g. Clicked fingers and demon boadygaurds appeared

Easily. For example.

Godman9 glared at everyone around him as he clicked his fingers. Instantly, demon bodyguards appeared. He ordered them to go search for the missing princess from the kingdom he had taken over. A smirk came across his face as the demon bodyguards disappeared as soon, he would have full control over the kingdom.

Is there any welcome thread here? Im just new to this forum and i would like to introduce my self first.

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Um... make an intro topic in the Press Conference forum.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3
Page 1 of 1 [ 39 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay