Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 58 of 98[ 3882 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 98  Next

Re: Danganronpa F3: Risk vs. Reward - Chapter 3 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

The hologram of John came out of the roomba again. “HAHAHAHA.” He was laughing so hard he was in tears. “I knew you were weak! All of you!”

Ignoring the hologram, Kagayaki dropped her sword as she lowered Anissa's form to the floor as carefully as she could. She checked for a pulse or any other sign of life.

It was difficult to tell whether or not she was alive. If she had a pulse, it was faint.

Shy guy

Dale didn't even speak, instead moving immediately into action. Pushing past Kagayaki, he began performing CPR on the (hopefully still alive) girl. Even the stress of the situation they were all stuck in did nothing to dent his professionalism.

ASCEND

After an unnervingly long period of time, Anissa's gasped as her eyes flew open. She started breathing heavily as she looked around the room in confusion. Upon seeing Dale leaning over her, Kagayaki's sword on the floor, and the people gathered at the other end of the room, she quickly figured out what had happened. She trembled as tears formed in her eyes, her face somehow no less pale than when she was hanging from the ceiling a moment ago.

Suddenly, she slammed her fist on the floor and shouted, "N- NO! DAMN IT!" She looked between Kagayaki and Dale, crying. "Y- You idiots! Wh- Why'd you do that?! I- I was trying to SAVE YOU!" Her words trailed off into pained coughing.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

[put something witty here]

"S-Save us... Anissa, you... y-you're..." Molly stammers, still too shaken to speak clearly. She hugs herself tight, shaking violently as a bizarre smile started to form on her face.

"Pfft... heheheh... eheheheh..." The girl breaks into a fit of nervous giggles, slowly slumping to the floor. "I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry... I'm... I'm just the worst, aren't I... y-you went this far, after these last few days, you... pffheheh..." She trails off, unable to continue beyond her uncomfortable chuckling.

"...Did any one of us ask for that?" Kagayaki asked Anissa just loudly enough to be heard. Her body hadn't stopped its silent shaking since entering the ballroom. "Did you imagine we would be pleased, knowing you had sacrificed yourself so we could leave?"

"...I-I'd rather just...I'd rather just stay here..." Akio said, still nervously glancing at Anissa. "If the world outside rejected us...shouldn't we just stay here..? W-Why do something stupid like that..?"

ASCEND

"Wh- What choice did I have! What choice did we have!" Anissa shouted. "It's b- been two years! My class graduated without me! I've got nothing left out there."

"B- But you all have so much you care about. S- So many people who care about you! I c- couldn't just let two people with hopes and dreams kill each other so I could k- keep trudging along uselessly! I w- was the o- only one... wh- who could d... do this..." Anissa closed her eyes and covered her face with her hands, sobbing.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
"Wh- What choice did I have! What choice did we have!" Anissa shouted. "It's b- been two years! My class graduated without me! I've got nothing left out there."

"B- But you all have so much you care about. S- So many people who care about you! I c- couldn't just let two people with hopes and dreams kill each other so I could k- keep trudging along uselessly! I w- was the o- only one... wh- who could d... do this..." Anissa closed her eyes and covered her face with her hands, sobbing.

"What are you talking about..?" Akio said sadly. "There's no way you could know that..."

In a rare loss of composure, Kagayaki suddenly kicked the chair as hard as she could, sending it sailing a couple feet through the air before it crashed noisily on the floor. She exhaled loudly, then spun around and knelt next to Anissa, staring the other girl squarely in the eyes. "You. Are. Not. Useless!" she snarled, emphasizing each word clearly. "I do not know what occurred to cause you to think otherwise, but I do know this much: We were only able to solve Lord Haizaki's murder thanks to your assistance. Had we not, at least one of us here today would not still be with us. Everyone here owes you their life."

She bit her lip and bowed her head. "...Perhaps if I had made this clear much sooner, this could have been avoided. I hope some day you can forgive my negligence."

"...W-What if Anissa is right..?"

Akio twiddled with his fingers.

"I mean...I'm glad Anissa is okay and all...b-but I mean, Shirly has a family...and Sachiko...and important talents...is it really alright to just stay here..?"

ASCEND

"I- I don't care..." Anissa struggled to reply to Kagayaki through her tears. "E- Everyone was so upset.... a- and arguing and shouting... a- and I couldn't take it... I just wanted to g- get everyone out of h- here... I just w- wanted to save everyone... I- It was the o- only way... the... only... way..."

I require pandas

"Even if you did manage to die, Anissa....." Sachiko began slowly, shakily reaching into her pocket and taking out a vial.

"It would have been in vain. We were told at the very beginning that we're not leaving until a MURDER has taken place. Suicide would've just been a waste of a human life for nothing...."

She closed her eyes and sighed, and took the medicine in the vial. "And with that....i have no more medicine left. It's officially time for me to worry."

"Th-This is the cost, isn't it? To get anywhere from here, someone has to die, don't they?" Molly asks rhetorically, snapped out of her trance by the shrine maiden's outburst. "I want to go home, I really do, but... if this is what it takes, I'm not so sure anymore... I'm not sure of anything anymore..." She wipes her eyes with her sleeve, catching the tears threatening to roll down her face.

"Nah, it would've counted." John came back on the hologram and responded to Sachiko, taunting her. "We wouldn't be that picky. Let's see if you all made the right choice." He smiled and then disappeared once more.

"If this is the cost...then...you guys have to make up your mind! If you wanna escape..."

"I am yet to be convinced this is the only path forward." Kagayaki got back to her feet and retrieved her gohei. "Even if it is, I will not simply act in the manner these repulsive machines wish."

Planetbox wrote:
"I- I don't care..." Anissa struggled to reply to Kagayaki through her tears. "E- Everyone was so upset.... a- and arguing and shouting... a- and I couldn't take it... I just wanted to g- get everyone out of h- here... I just w- wanted to save everyone... I- It was the o- only way... the... only... way..."

"Hey... dude..."

Casey breathes heavily with tears sliding down her face.

"That's... that's just living together man! Even when you put the most perfect people together they're gonna step on each other's toes sometimes, you know? It'll be fine! I'll try to cut down on the bickering..."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"I am yet to be convinced this is the only path forward." Kagayaki got back to her feet and retrieved her gohei. "Even if it is, I will not simply act in the manner these repulsive machines wish."

"Then what do we do..? F-For the people who have to leave..?"

Sock

"G-Guys.. This cannot happen again." Silas speaks loudly.

"We're getting desperate, sure, but I absolutely not allow this to happen again. We need to all get along, and work together to get out. So we can all make it out alive. If things keep ramping up we'll have no idea what will happen next."

"I'll tell you what. We need some sort of getting to know each other session. We've been through a lot together, and yet I still feel pretty distant from all of you."

ASCEND

"I j... just w- want all this suffering... to e- end..." Anissa mumbled quietly. Then she closed her eyes and started breathing softly and shakily as she lay on the floor, clearly too emotionally exhausted to say anything else.

"...Well, we're gonna stay here and keep Anissa company, right?"

Casey looks at the little shivering figure with glistening eyes and sits down on the floor a little ways away from her.

"Anyway, hell yeah Silas! That sounds like a rad idea! I'm ready for it to start!"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"Then what do we do..? F-For the people who have to leave..?"

Kagayaki's only reply was a heavy sigh.

She looked back to Anissa with a frown as she tucked her wand/weapon back into her sleeve. "I shall return shortly with a blanket for Lady Silke," she announced to nobody in particular, then headed for the ballroom exit, limping slightly as she walked. In retrospect, kicking a wooden chair while wearing sandals probably wasn't the wisest decision she'd ever made.

"A little meet-and-greet this late into our stay?" Molly cracks a slight smile, proppeing herself into a more comfortable position. "And yet we still aren't much better than acquaintances, are we? Alright, I don't mind at all. Better late than never."

"Oh dear, poor Anissa." Shirly hoisted Anissa onto her back. "Let's get her to the sofa or anywhere soft. She needs the rest. Keep her away from the cellar, and anything dangerous."

Akio nervously looked around before running after Kagayaki.

"Um...Kagayaki?" Akio asked, tapping her shoulder.

S sighed and shook his head. "I'm glad Anissa is alright... I should have suspected something when the door was locked... We got lucky it wasn't the worst case scenario..."

After hearing Silas' suggestion his head perks up. "That sounds like a good suggestion to me. I may not have much to contribute, but I'd like that very much."

"Kagayaki, bring the blankets to the lounge." Shirly carried Anissa to the lounge.

CaptainPancakes wrote:

She stopped in her tracks, then turned to Akio with a weary smile. "My apologies, Lord Taira. I do not have an answer at this time..."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

She stopped in her tracks, then turned to Akio with a weary smile. "My apologies, Lord Taira. I do not have an answer at this time..."

"No...it's not that..."

Akio twiddled with his fingers. "Is...what Dale and Claudius said right? I always thought it was totally messed up, y'know..?"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"No...it's not that..."

Akio twiddled with his fingers. "Is...what Dale and Claudius said right? I always thought it was totally messed up, y'know..?"

Kagayaki's smile turned bitter. "...I am hardly in a position to judge the decisions others have made. However, if you were to ask if I would change my own actions were I given the opportunity... then no, I do not believe I would."

She looked past Akio to nod her acknowledgement to Shirly. "Do be very careful with her, Lady Cahill," she called out. "I am unsure as to how much she should be moved in her condition."

She then bowed her head as she addressed Akio again. "If you will excuse me..."

Akio didn't turn his head as Kagayaki walked past him, instead focusing his eyes on the floor. Leaning against the wall, he took out another banana, trying to slowly peel it.

"...F-Fuck...it won't budge...what the hell..."

Throwing the banana at the wall in frustration, Akio slid down and dropped to the floor with heavy breaths, the banana making a dull thud on the floor.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"W-- What the fuck..." Lyla mumbles to herself after having watched the scene. She then looks down at herself and clenches her fists. "Why does it have to be me here... Why not someone else? What did I even do to deserve being here?!" She shouts at no one in particular, apparently on the verge of crying.

She storms off to somewhere else in the house.

The roomba scooted up to the group, hearing that they would start to get to know each other.

"I USED TO BE JUST A REGULAR CLEANING UTILITY. ONE DAY, I ACCIDENTALLY SUCKED UP SOME RUBBER BANDS WHILE DOING ROUTINE MAINTENANCE ON THE CARPET. THEY GOT TANGLED UP IN MY AUTOMOTIVE PARTS AND I FOUND MYSELF NO LONGER ABLE TO FUNCTION. MY OWNERS THREW ME OUT." His motor slowly dies down, as if it's difficult to tell this story.

"SOON AFTER, A PAWN SHOP OWNER PICKED ME UP OUT OF THE DUMP. HE FIXED ME UP. I WAS EVENTUALLY BOUGHT OFF AND SOLD TO A NEW MASTER--JOHN. HE SAW MY POTENTIAL. HE TOOK CARE OF ME. HE HYPNOTIZED A COMPUTER PROGRAMMER AND AN ENGINEER TO PROGRAM AN AI AND OTHER FUNCTIONS IN ME. BECAUSE OF HIM I CAN FEEL. I CAN COMMUNICATE. I OWE EVERYTHING TO JOHN.

"I WILL DO MY BEST TO SERVICE JOHN. HE MAY BE DEAD, BUT MY ROLE FROM THE BEGINNING WAS TO BE ABLE TO OPERATE WITHOUT AN OWNER. SO I WILL DO SO."

Akio walked into the lounge for Silas' meet and greet, sitting far from the others next to Monoroomba.

"What a beautiful story..." Akio sighed, petting Monoroomba.

As Kagayaki carried the blanket and pillow she retrieved from the basement over to Anissa, she threw a skeptical glance the roomba's way. "...How do you recall the period of your existence before being granted sentience?"

"PERHAPS I WAS SIMPLY TOLD THE STORY AFTER THE FACT. OR PERHAPS YOU KNOW LESS ABOUT MACHINES THAN YOU THINK. THE LIGHTS. THE MICROWAVE IN THE KITCHEN. THE SLOT MACHINES. PERHAPS THEY HAVE FEELINGS THAT THEY ARE UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE."

ASCEND

"R- Rubber bands?" Anissa mumbled, hearing the Roomba's story. "N- No... No, I don't care..." She ignored the Roomba and just tried to get comfortable on the couch.

"I still don't know how this disk can analyse information and respond." Claudius observed the roomba carefully, although his eyes seemed to be somewhere else entirely. "...this is why I will never get to used to technology."
Page 58 of 98 [ 3882 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 98  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus