Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 7 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Voting PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Trix face once again contorted into some parody of exasperation "You literally changed the door access in response to my plan but whatever. So long as the new plan works the outcome will be the same, plus we'll be able to explore more doors."

He checked his bracelet again "Though for the record, what happens if folks are still alive at the end of the rounds."

"Don't think I care about your plan that much!", the Bookworm comments. "It was to make it so that the doors would be balanced in terms of players inside! You'll realise it soon enough anyway."

"And if people are still alive at the end of the round, then they continue through the next set of doors! What sorta question is that?!"

Gettin' Old!

Trix rolled his eyes "I said ROUNDS, plural. At the end of it all if people are still here. What happens then?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

"...Uh, well, you see, that's uh...confidential! Yeah, yeah."

The Bookworm sounds oddly worried.

"Anyway, not like it matters that much. Shouldn't you, like, be discussing who goes through which door or something like that?"

Shy guy

"So be it." Ben said of the voting results, more lucid than usual. "You made a mistake." He declared non-specifically. With an unreadable expression he raised his bracelet and showed his total to everyone: 1 SC.

" 's a good thing I've been wanting a bath anyway." He then said, relapsing into his more typical unhinged state, staring at the door to the Cleanliness room.

ASCEND

"Wh- What the hell?" Sette shouts, staring at his bracelet. "Th- This game doesn't make any sense!"

Eventually, he sighs and decides to show his bracelet: 1 SC.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Leeloo glances to Trix and then Sette, and frowns. She then shows her bracelet. It quite clearly displays 6 SCs.

hi

Upon seeing Gemini's reaction, K-9 turns to Abbott, a dark glare on his face. "I trusted you." is all he says before revealing his SC count: 1 SC.

"Hell, this game is far too cruel. I guess those with one SC have been condemned to stay in this confine."

Unity daintily dabs at her eyes. She shows her bracelet: 1 SC.

"I suppose Quarter was the traitor in our group then, that is unfortunate... Thank you Ben for allying. I am sorry that it ended up being the wrong choice for you."

"I imagine that the bookworm probably rigged this result by putting a traitor in every group."

Happy Maria

"Hey! I don't rig things! It's not my fault you all are so untrustworthy! Just think about it. You were all this close to all allying, but now the majority are powerless! Just like the real world. Oh well!", the bookworm remarks cheerily.

Quarter looked somewhat solemn as she said, "This... is unfortunate. I knew the risks going in, but this is by far the result I wanted to happen least..."

She closed her eyes, sighing. "There's no need to guess with me. I voted Betray. My reasons are my own. I won't say anything pithy like that I regret my actions, but I would've preferred to be paired up with the other betrayers. At any rate, the Worm must have it out for me, because this is the one outcome I like the least."

She turned towards the others. "Rather than drowning in your own feelings, I was wondering if we couldn't at least consider which rooms we're going to next round, yes? Of course, things do seem a bit... hard to understand, I suppose? Without knowing any of the rooms, it very much seems arbitrary to think about, I suppose."

MechaQdogg wrote:
Quarter looked somewhat solemn as she said, "This... is unfortunate. I knew the risks going in, but this is by far the result I wanted to happen least..."

She closed her eyes, sighing. "There's no need to guess with me. I voted Betray. My reasons are my own. I won't say anything pithy like that I regret my actions, but I would've preferred to be paired up with the other betrayers. At any rate, the Worm must have it out for me, because this is the one outcome I like the least."

She turned towards the others. "Rather than drowning in your own feelings, I was wondering if we couldn't at least consider which rooms we're going to next round, yes? Of course, things do seem a bit... hard to understand, I suppose? Without knowing any of the rooms, it very much seems arbitrary to think about, I suppose."

"I did betray too, yes... and I feel much the same. But it was the safest and most logical choice." Leeloo says. "And I do think we should discuss the groups now. Not much else to do."

Datamatt wrote:
"I did betray too, yes... and I feel much the same. But it was the safest and most logical choice." Leeloo says. "And I do think we should discuss the groups now. Not much else to do."

"That... does not make sense to me, at least for someone in your position." said Quarter, suddenly very surprised. "Were this a one-round prisoner's dilemma scenario, then I might be inclined to agree, but as it is not that, I believe you have significantly hurt your chances of getting out of this facility. Unless, of course, you vote against me next round."

Happy Maria

"Yes, yes! Quarty gets it! Now's no time to be mopin' on about what a stinker you are! Think about the doors!"

"Since everyone's votes have been revealed though, I think I can safely say that Botty, Quarty and Lolly all have to go into the Unhealthy room no matter what. Everyone else can choose between the Rest room and the Cleanliness room. Now start discussing already!"

The Bookworm stops speaking, letting the others discuss which door they wish to go into.

[Sorry, gotta go now. Discussion ends in 5 hours, so get busy till then.]

Shy guy

Ben shook his head. "Ayup, gonna agree with Quarter here, girlie. If we all thinks it's safe and logical, we all lose a point. And there aren't enough rounds to recover from that loss and get up to 9 SCs afterwards."

He sighed, scratched his beard, and then continued. " 'sides... you really don't wanna be making enemies here. Nothing 'safe' or 'logical' about painting a target on your back, believe me."

At the Bookworm's words, Ben said "made my choice clear. Mebbe I'll find a way to shave in the Cleanliness room."

Abbot was strangely stone-faced as he spoke. "I suppose there is no need to show my SC points. I did pick Betray," he confirmed, frowning, and his eyes softened. "I-I thought at first we would be voting as the whole group, but then when it was revealed it would be groups of three, with no way to know who was in each group. I didn't think about it and just went with what I originally planned to do when I thought it would be all 9 votes against each other."

He looked at the available doors. "I-I guess I must go through the Unhealthy door."

"I do not intend to seek vengeance against my traitor, Ben. I suppose the traitors still have targets on them regardless, but I would rather three people escape and try to find assistance than nine die."

"I also would like to enter the cleanliness door if there is room. I will be accommodating though if it winds up being a very popular door."

ASCEND

Sette seems on the verge of tears. "'S- Safest and most logical...' I- Is this... m- my fault somehow?"

Eventually, he sighs and continues, "A- Anyway... Me, Unity, Ben, K-9, Gemini, and Trix... We have to split up somehow..."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

KamiPanda wrote:
Ben shook his head. "Ayup, gonna agree with Quarter here, girlie. If we all thinks it's safe and logical, we all lose a point. And there aren't enough rounds to recover from that loss and get up to 9 SCs afterwards."

Leeloo nods. "You have a point. I do think something else is going to happen next round, but that is for later. No sense in talking about it now."

She then turns to Sette and frowns, looking at the ground. "No... it isn't..."

"Well, we should probably travel in a group of five and a solo, correct? I think that is a very safe configuration, meaning nobody could openly act in violence without consequence, and it is one that allows us to see what is behind both doors, in case our captor has left more cryptic clues like the articles from earlier."

hi

K-9 nods. "That sounds like a logical idea. We should probably decide on groups then." He examines the group for a few minutes before coming to a conclusion. "I will head the group of five, and Ben, Sette, Trix,and Gemini will join me. That way I can keep an eye on those I find suspicious." He briefly glances in Ben's direction. "Do you think you'll be okay alone, Unity?"

"I would be comfortable going alone. I am not daunted by the puzzles, certainly. Does that mean that I should go through the Rest door then? And the rest of you will enter cleanliness?"

Happy Maria

(I should clarify that Actions are technically usable during these discussion phases. However, they are still only usable once.)

"Well, I should tell you that there is a minimum number of people to go in each door. Or rather, bracelets. At least 2 people must go into each door, though in the end all 9 of you must enter a door. So in this case, I guess 3 for the Unhealthy door- Quarty, Lolly and Botty (not like they have any choice in the matter)- and the other 6 can be separated into either 2 and 4 or 3 and 3 for the Cleanliness and Rest doors. Figured out what you want to go into? Then vote, dang it! Preferably in terms of all the players, not which one YOU wanna go into. And don't say it all quiet like this,SHOUT IT OUT LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!"

The players all flinch.

"Right, anyway. Got something in mind?"

Shy guy

" 'm leaving it to the boss-man." Ben said noncommittally.

hi

"We'll split by gender, then." K-9 proposed. "Unity and Gemini will enter the Rest Room, and the rest of us will enter the Cleanliness Room."

"Again, these rules are always disfavorable. I wonder if each group will have to play the allying and betraying game, which may be why we cannot send one person through."

"I will also defer to what K-9 wants then. I think splitting by gender is fairly safe."

vote: k-9's plan

Shy guy

Ben just shrugged, hoping his vote was clear.

Vote: K-9's plan

ASCEND

"Yeah... Sounds fine to me..." Sette says.

Vote: K-9's Plan

Happy Maria

(Phase change will be automatic if majority is reached.)

"I suppose that works..." Leeloo says.

Vote: K-9's plan.

Gettin' Old!

Trix mused not happy to move things in just yet. "Hold on a second guys, shouldn't we talk about the future? I mean most of us are on the verge of death. Shouldn't we think about future voting? How people are paired up? Remember if two people betray each other then they lose one SC. If anything I think we need to think about survival rather than just escaping." He said.

He glanced nervously at the others "Besides I'd rather go to the rest room." He mumbled.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

" 'less you're suspicious of anyone in particular, not much we can do." Ben commented. "1s are with other 1s, 6s are with the 6s. No way to mix an' match."

Gettin' Old!

Trix sighed "I suppose not, I just worry about what determines the group's next time. We basically need all the 6s to go against each other or, some of us will probably die. They've got little reason to keep us alive and if we try and betray them we die in a tie." He scratched his head under his hat. "Just...if the doors affect the next voting phase I'd like to know."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Aw, shucks! That doesn't matter at the moment. You don't need to worry, alright? Just go into your rooms like good boys and girls, and I'll tell you later how the groups are distributed."

Gettin' Old!

Trix gritted his teeth visibly agitated now "Oh what do we didn't ask last time and that hurt us bad for it but now I ask questions about it it's not important?"

He pointed boldly at the ridiculous worm "The 6s might be worried about retaliation. They might consider betray the strongest defensive move! Then we are all dead by default! I need to know if this decision will affect the groups for the AB game!" He spouted angrily.

Taking his hat off briefly he fanned himself with it to calm down.

"If there's nothing for it at least let me go to the rest room. A more even split of the group that way. More hands to help with problems"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Fine, doofus!", the Bookworm snaps. "I'll tell you, alright? I figured that keeping it a secret would be more entertaining, since it wouldn't matter till the next round, but you guys are all a buncha spoilsports! Yes, His Majesty Trixie is correct. For the next round of the AB Game, you'll all be voting against the people with whom you went into your respective rooms with. So, as an example, Lolly, Quarty and Botty will all be voting against themselves, since they're all visiting the Unhealthy door together. Same for the rest of you idiots. There, you happy now? You guys are no fun to play with…", the Bookworm grumbles.

hi

K-9 narrows his eyes. "Why exactly do you want to go to the Rest Room so badly, Trix? We don't know what's in any of these rooms."

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded satisfied with the worms answer. "Alright and yeah, aside from having one less person voting against me, it keeps more eyes around the place. Two people alone in a room can basically conspire freely but also might have trouble doing some of the things in there due to a smaller skill pool." He smiled "Not that I don't trust Unity and Gemini, but for the more suspicious of you those reasons might work." He said shrugging.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

"For what it's worth," Sette adds, "If we do an even split, then it would mean one group would have less people to worry about in the AB game... Might make a bunch of people dying less likely..."

"Either way, I think we should discuss this a bit more, so I'm retracting my vote for now."

Unvote: K-9's Plan

hi

K-9 shook his head. "I'm sorry, Trix, but at the moment I have reason to be suspicious of you. I'm not changing my plan, but understand that if your plan wins the majority vote, I'll have to have Gemini and Unity keep an eye on you."

Sock

Gemini nods slowly, much more calm than she was earlier. "I'm going to agree with Trix's plan.. A more even split might be worthwhile in the end. And besides, there's no real reason to deny him, is there?"

Vote: Trix's Plan
Page 7 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus