Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 79 of 100[ 4000 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 100  Next

Re: Danganronpa F5: Delusions of EdenTopic%20Title

"Do you have any toppings?" Nicos asked Kyoya desperately.

“Butter, seasonings, avocado, fruit... I imagine it’d be easier to ask what I don’t have.”

fella

Noticing Althea crying, and how Kyoya refused to give her any toast, Taylor huffed to himself, lightly pulling at the hem of his hood. After a few moments, he shook his head. "... Dammit," he mumbled to himself as he stood up and headed towards the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, he decided to try and make some toast himself. While it definitely wouldn't be the same quality as Kyoya's, he figured that he may as well. So he did that.

After a few minutes, he came back out with a plate of slightly buttered toast, a butter knife and... jelly, it looked like. Grape jelly, to be precise. He set the plate next to the crying Althea. "Here. I, uh, know it's not much, and it definitely isn't Kyoya's, but you wanted toast, so... I tried."

He rubbed the back of his head as he spoke. "Sometimes I use this..." he motioned to the jelly. "...as a spread on toast. It's actually pretty tasty, I'd say. So... yeah." He did his best to give her a small smile, though his fatigue made it seem a little bit forced. "Uh... hope you enjoy," he absently mumbled before heading back to his seat, nibbling on his bacon as he sat down.

"Thank you..." Althea said, not bothering to stop chewing. She put that toast in her mouth very quickly.

JesusMonroe wrote:
“Butter, seasonings, avocado, fruit... I imagine it’d be easier to ask what I don’t have.”

"Mmm...cotton candy bits?"

Happy Maria

EVelyn also went over to the cafeteria, her eyes redder than ever. She sat on a table randomly and...collapsed onto it without eating. She appeared quite tired.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

"Mmm...cotton candy bits?"

Kyoya was briefly distracted by the disgraceful mockery of toast that Taylor attempted before turning to Nicos. "Uhh... I'll have to talk to corporate about that one."

Marshall bobs his head as he strides into the room, his music playing a little too loudly into his headphones.

He takes a slice of bread and chews it slowly, surveying the others. He gives a short nod of acknowledgement to Althea, not speaking to her.

He takes a seat by Taylor, "Hey Taylor, you wear eyeliner, right? Could I like ask you to use some?"

"Hopefully that doesn't come across as accusatory."

fella

Taylor finished his last bite of bacon, looking up at Marshall with the absolute most confused expression on his face. "Uh... No. I don't wear eyeliner, last time I checked. What gave you that idea...?" He seemed genuinely curious.

Marshall chuckles and takes off his headphones, "Well, your eyes just look really well-defined, you know? Maybe it's just because you've always kind of got your hood up though, my bad."

"I figured maybe you did it to accentuate the difference between your skin and your irises. Like they're both pretty light, right? I guess that's kind of old-fashioned, but that's what I was thinking," he shrugs, taking another bite of his slice of bread. "With your hair you'd look at home in The Cure or something."

Happy Maria

Evelyn didn’t really move from her position. It was hard to tell if she was even breathing at this point.

fella

"I, uh..." Taylor wasn't exactly sure of what to say, evidenced by his pausing. He awkwardly cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his head. "Uh, thank you, I guess...?"

"Morning, everyone!" Nana sang as she practically skipped into the cafeteria, fresh as a daisy. The dour atmosphere slowed her pace a bit. "...Hey, what's everyone so down about?" she frowned.

Rose struggles to wheel her way into the cafeteria. "Oof...Okay Rose, strong idependent woman, remember?" She then stops and addresses the others. "Oh, hello."

"Oh, Miss Rose!" Nana gasped, trotting over. "I was going to, like, bring something to your room for you so you wouldn't have to come get it! ...Um, I guess I should have told you I was doing that, though, huh?" She rubbed the back of her head. "Sorry! Sorry! Well, uh, now that you're here, can I get you something?"

Shy guy

"Hey, chins up everyone!" Eve rudely interrupted, standing at the entrance to the cafeteria. "I know the last trial kinda sucked, what with no-one even dying and all, but it’s not all bad! I’ve got a brand new locale to take you to today!”

“Already? Geez, give us a break already…” Taylor muttered, standing up along with everyone else all the same. The students all headed for the teleporter room once more, with Nana pushing Rose along in her wheelchair.

“Now, I’ve still got some business to take care of here. Adam’s getting… unpredictable,” Eve said, scowling. “He needs dealing with. You guys go on ahead, and I’ll follow on next time the teleporter’s recharged. I’m sure you can explore that place just fine without my help! I’ve already marked all the relevant Deadzones.”

The news put the Ultimates off-balance a litte, but they took their places on the teleporter regardless. A few seconds later they were beamed away, leaving Eve alone in the main Alabaster facility.

They all found themselves in yet another Alabaster base, all white, aesthetically perfect and incredibly, incredibly repetitive at this point. Everyone spread out to give the small facility a look, but Marshall stayed behind, a strange expression on his face. Suddenly, without warning, he grabbed a hammer from a nearby toolbox and started violently smashing the Deadzoned teleporter into pieces.

“Marshall, don’t!” Eli yelled, though it was much too late. The teleporter lay in ruins.

“Hahaha, yeah! Take that, Eve, I’m officially breaking up with you!” Marshall cried, jubilated by his act of rebellion. “I've found a new girl and she's way better than you!”

“Oh dear… This won’t stop her, you know,” Adam said, sounding concerned. “She’ll find a way to reach this place.”

“Yeah? And when she does, we’ll be ready for her!” Marshall replied, a glint in his eyes. “Come on guys, don’t you see? This is our chance! We already went one motive without killing anyone for real, this is when we start fighting back!”

“She’d marked that as a ‘Deadzone’, you know,” Skylar flatly pointed out. “She’s going to have you executed.”

Marshall faltered at that, but quickly recovered. “Look, no-one else was doing anything, I figured someone had to. We can… we can find a way to stop Eve even if she comes here, yeah!”

Despite his enthusiasm, the others students felt a creeping dread as they stared at the broken teleporter. Not wanting to linger, everyone went off to explore, but they couldn’t shake the feeling that this could only end badly.

Spoiler: Underground Facility
The base the teleporter was in was quite small, though larger than the one in the jungle at least. There were a few research rooms about the place, one of which was behind a Deadzone door that no-one wanted to go near. There were also a few shared bedrooms again; presumably researchers could normally just teleport back whenever they wanted to sleep, so the rooms here were lacking.

Another room contained some unusual and unsettling technology that no-one could make head or tail of. The centrepiece of it all was a set of three metal chairs with various instruments attached, particularly around the head area. “Prototypes of the nightmare emitters from the jungle?” Eli theorised, but really it was anyone’s guess.

A set of stairs leading up to a hatch seemed to be the only way out of the facility. It was awkward bringing Rose up, but once through everyone found themselves in a control room of some kind. It quickly transpired to be for…

”Oh my gosh, are we in Sweet Dreams Park?” Nana shrieked in delight, rushing to a window and pressing against it to stare out at a large theme park spread before them.

Many of the other students recognised the name too, and some had even come here before. Eli simply raised his eyebrows at the discovery. “So this place really was connected to Alabaster Corp. I had wondered, what with all the rumours…”

“Come one, come on, we need to show everyone around!” Nana exclaimed, much too excited given that this was still a killing game. Still, they would need to familiarise themselves with this place, so everyone set out to explore.

The park was divided into four themed zones: Medieval, Horror, Winter and Space. The control room was right in the centre, and had windows all around to view each zone from. It served as an idea reference point as the students began walking around the park. Tall, thick walls surrounded the park, but the entrance appeared to be open. However, upon investigation the students realised that a forcefield was projected around the whole place, presumably originally intended to keep intruders out but now very successfully keeping the students in.

It quickly became apparent that this place, too, was completely abandoned; presumably Alabaster Corp had the power to close the park to the public, so it wasn’t unusual, but it was still somewhat unsettling. Some of the students wondered what the public knew of what was happening here.

Spoiler: Megacoaster
Sweet Dreams Park’s crowning attraction, the Megacoaster was the one ride not tied to any one zone, as it actually crossed through all of them. The carriages used advanced technology that allowed them to change appearances entirely on the fly, forming a large, fire-breathing dragon while in the Medieval Zone, battered, scrappily modded cars worthy of a zombie apocalypse in the Horror Zone, sleighs in the Winter Zone and finally rockets in the Space Zone. The track itself even changed styles with each zone, making for a very wild ride overall.

Spoiler: Refreshment Stands and Restrooms
Each zone had a few of these dotted around, themed appropriately.

The refreshments were particularly interesting, as a few stands in each zone sold unusual food and drinks that actually granted temporary effects and abilities on the consumer. Some allowed you to run faster and see more of the park, others changed your skin to all manner of different colourful patterns or even grow animal ears for a while; many things seemed possible. Now that the park was abandoned there was little stopping the Ultimates from just helping themselves, and special technology seemed to be keeping everything fresh.

Medieval Zone

Themed around Arthurian legend, this zone featured a light fantasy theme but mostly leaned heavily on imagery of the distant past. Pathways were cobbled and facilities looked like quaint cottages, or in one case a miniature castle. Cheerful music heavily featuring stringed instruments played out of speakers around the zone.

Spoiler: Restaurant
The miniature castle turned out to be the park’s restaurant. It was large and well-equipped, featuring very rustic design that made for a pleasant contrast to Alabaster’s normal facilities. As usual service could be automated, though it was clear normal operation involved human staff for a more realistic, friendly feel.

Spoiler: Teacups Ride
A classic, the ride was themed around Cinderella and featured dainty spinnable cups on a larger spinning platform. It became apparent that all the rides were still active and usable, even without payment.

Spoiler: Log Flume
Rideable log boats that went down a winding water flume. The rustic theme fit right in with the zone without much adjustment.

Spoiler: Hedge Maze
The hedge maze was somewhat on the small size, but it was still easy to get lost in. At the centre was a fancy, circular gazebo, under which was a “secret passage” style tunnel that led back outside again.

Horror Zone

Some fancy technology made it permanently night time here, the sun’s light heavily filtered as it passed through the forcefield such that it looked like a full moon instead. Paths looked like dirt (but didn’t stick to shoes) and were surrounded by artificial grass. The music playing here was eerie and tense, as expected, and also featured ambient noises like bats fluttering or crows cawing.

Spoiler: Game Stalls
A number of stalls could be found here, providing games like might be found at a funfair, themed around classic horror tropes. Target shooting, ring-toss, test-your-strength and many more could be found, all with prizes to be won (or simply taken directly from the unmanned shelves).

Spoiler: Spooky Movie Theatre
An old, run-down looking cinema that looked like it had been taken from hundreds of years ago and dropped here. Somehow it didn’t even look like it was meant to be in the park, and the students could have sworn they heard the sound of voices coming from inside.

Steeling himself, Nicos bravely kicked the door open and headed inside. The sensation of voices abruptly went away, and the students found themselves inside a perfectly ordinary, empty cinema. Though the dropped boxes of popcorn and soft drinks made it look like people had been in here and left in a hurry…

The tape currently in the projector didn’t seem to work, and in fact looked to be entirely blank. However there were plenty of tapes for a variety of movies that did work, so the students would be able to use this place as an ordinary cinema if they so desired.

Spoiler: Haunted House
A spooooky mansion that seemed to be your ordinary haunted house. Modern technology allowed for some very realistic scenes.

Spoiler: Arcade
An arcade for various games, all horror themed. There were video games of shooting zombies, claw cranes, air hockey and even gambling machines here, among other things.

Winter Zone

It seemed to be permanently snowing here, yet while there was a noticeable coldness to the air it was still bearable even in t-shirts. Paths were pleasantly cobbled for extra grip, and Christmasy music played over the speakers.

Spoiler: Dodgems
Wintery-themed bumper cars situated in a reasonably large arena. With no supervision around, there would be no pesky safety rules!

Spoiler: Ferris Wheel
Beautifully lit, the ferris wheel was a sight to behold through the snow. Yet it also looked the loneliest of all the rides in the park, with no visitors riding it.

Spoiler: Reverse Bungee
A small pod strung between two large cables that would catapult it high into the air. Not for the faint of heart. It was named the “Snowdrop” but that seemed like a wildly inappropriate name for such an extreme ride.

Spoiler: Tunnel of Love
At a stark contrast to the Snowdrop was a very old-fashioned tunnel of love, featuring small boats that would float gently down a dark, enclosed tunnel. Riders felt like they were all alone in the world, though given the state of the park that wasn’t far from the truth.

Space Zone

Lastly was the space zone, which didn’t even feature any traditional paths at all. Instead powerful and probably very expensive technology allowed park visitors to float as though in zero G, and holographic markers guided them about the zone. The music here was boopy and electronic, though still pleasant to listen to.

Spoiler: Funhouse
All manner of modern technology made the funhouse a pretty crazy place when all was said and done.

Spoiler: Rocket Race
A classic swing ride, featuring rideable rocket cars hanging from a spinning central wheel, which could itself tilt around during the ride for added movement.

Spoiler: Abduction
A drop tower, where riders got in a UFO around a central pillar that then shot up and down. The speed was adjustable via a control panel in a nearby booth for operators.

Spoiler: Jetball Pitch
Meant to be for adults only, no-one was stopping the students from having a look around. The large, padded pitch featured two giant concentric ring targets on either end, and a warehouse to one side contained the required jetpacks and balls. On the other side were stands for onlookers.

“You know… Don’t Alabaster Corp sponsor the official Jetball League?” Honda said.

“That would certainly explain a lot…” Kyoya muttered.

Honda, who was still a little groggy from his nap on the cafeteria floor, let out a yawn. "So we're in an amusement park now?" He asked. "A place that once brought joy to people is now being used for the exact opposite of its intended purpose... How sad."

hi

Annabella didn't look too excited by the amusement park. "Hey, Adam? When do I get my dolls back?"

"Yes, amusement park. How fascinating." Kyoya said in complete monotone.

"Something's been bothering me for some time." Kyoya said, addressing everyone. "Do you all have the feeling we're being watched? That this game is just made for others' amusement? Eve has mentioned several times now 'audiences' and 'ratings'..."

fella

"An amusement park, huh?" Taylor said. Despite his usual relatively stoic demeanor, a light smile formed on the young man's lips. He seemed to be a little excited to be there. "O-On the bright side, it's much better than that jungle..." he murmured.

He then turned to Kyoya, and nodded at the RC car. "And I've been curious about that, too. She's probably just being crazy, as a crazy robot bitch would do, but... well, if this is a fucked up reality show or something, then wow. People will watch anything these days."

Althea, who had been trying her absolute hardest to stick herself into the group the entire tour of the park, butted in. "I, ah, would someone really watch this...? That, ah, that seems horrible!"
She hugged an oversized plush dragon she picked up at the medieval zone. The thing was half her height and very cumbersome to carry around, but she held onto it like a lifesaver.

"Ooh, this all looks so fun and cool and fun!" Nana whooped excitedly, apparently completely tuning out the discussion about audiences and even twirling in place. "Who wants to go on a ride with me?"

The American Dream

"Normally I'd be dismissive of amusement parks, but that Horror Zone is just so... alluring..." Skylar said, shivering with delight. "I could spend eons in that haunted house..."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Ooh, this all looks so fun and cool and fun!" Nana whooped excitedly, apparently completely tuning out the discussion about audiences and even twirling in place. "Who wants to go on a ride with me?"

"I do!" Kyoya shouted, oddly eager about the proposition. "Which one?"

Sock

Blinky wrote:
Annabella didn't look too excited by the amusement park. "Hey, Adam? When do I get my dolls back?"

"Given what has happened to the teleporter... I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you."

JesusMonroe wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"I do!" Kyoya shouted, oddly eager about the proposition. "Which one?"

"Teacups!" Nana shouted, thrusting a fist into the air. "Or bumper cars! Or the fun house! Or teacups! ...Maybe the maze?"

“I guess this place isn’t all that bad...” Honda said, addressing no one in particular. “If it weren’t for this killing game, this place would be amazing. We might as well enjoy it while we can before Eve shows up. The winter and medieval zones seem like they could be fun.”

hi

Kachu wrote:
"Given what has happened to the teleporter... I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you."

"Oh..." Annabella looked down sadly. She softly stroked her doll's hair. "Don't worry, Sonia. We'll see them soon. Eve is just being mean."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Teacups!" Nana shouted, thrusting a fist into the air. "Or bumper cars! Or the fun house! Or teacups! ...Maybe the maze?"

"Teacups it is!" Kyoya decided, fearing what might happen if he tried to measure up to the bumper cars. Without further discussion he headed over to the ride.

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

Eli strolled about, looking the amusement park. "I'd say this kinda place is just what we need after everything we've been through..." he said, "Though I can't help but worry about Eve. We can enjoy ourselves, but we'd still better be on our guard. We ain't outta the fire just yet."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

fella

"Yeah, Eli has a point. As much as I hate to admit it, we aren't out of the woods just yet," Taylor conceded, nodding in Eli's direction. "And Eve will probably be pissed if she does find a way here..." he grimly added.

After a pause, he cleared his throat. "But in any case, while we're here, we may as try to enjoy ourselves. I'll go ahead and join you guys at the teacup ride. May as well let loose, huh?" He rubbed the back of his head as he said this. "If, ah, you guys don't mind me joining you, of course."

"Can I go too?" Althea blurted out, sounding just a little bit desperate. "I, ah, I really wanted to try the teacups..."

"Yeah, sure, come on!" Nana nodded at Taylor with a smile, then turned to head off when Althea's voice stopped her. She spun back around to face the Plague Doctor, eyeing her skeptically. "...Do you promise you'll be really good?" she asked through pursed lips.

"Oh, don't be so scared of her," Nicos sighed, walking up to the teacups. "We can all ride together, right? I've never even been on one of these before!"

"I promise! I swear!" she said, suddenly yelling.
She hugged her dragon plush closer. "I, I promise." she repeated, now at a much more bearable volume.

ASCEND

"It's not a big deal anyway," Eli, who was now standing by the teacups, added. "Since I think everyone can sit in different cups anyway."

He scratched his head. "But I wouldn't really know. I've never been to a park like this in my life."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"I promise! I swear!" she said, suddenly yelling.
She hugged her dragon plush closer. "I, I promise." she repeated, now at a much more bearable volume.

Nana stared her down for a couple more seconds before finally nodding once. "Well... okay. But you'd better not ever do anything like that again, okay?"

And with that, she was back to her usual, carefree self. "Alright, let's go!" she cheered, waving as she rushed over to the teacups. "I think a bunch of us can probably fit in one! Let's see how many of us we can get in!"

"How does this thing even work?" Nicos asked, poking dangerously at the control panel with Akrasia.

"Wow, it's working! It's really working!" Kyoya laughed with joy as the teacups spun around, faster and faster. The centrifugal force eventually proved to be too much for the lightweight RC car though and after some time it was thrown against the wall of the cup and eventually out of the ride completely, shattering on the ground.

The American Dream

Skylar, who had been standing off to the side of the ride, cackled when Kyoya's RC car had been shattered to pieces.

"That was beau-TEA-ful."
Page 79 of 100 [ 4000 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 100  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus