Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 4 of 18[ 705 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next

Re: Ghost Fables ~ Dead Thread Chapter 3Topic%20Title

BEECH

"Oh! So all this time you were... um... existing in two places at once? How does that happen? " Julia asked Angelo not acknowledging the fact that he was just. Lying on the floor I guess.

"Is this the reason you wanted me to keep him a secret, Mr. Gideon? ...Is it prudent for me to ask how you two met in the first place?"

"What... w-what's going on here?" Mia mumbled as she finally made her way into the room, voicing her player's utter confusion. "I thought I... so why am I here? What is this...?"

Shy guy

"Somehow, knowing that you're an actual person instead of some foul apparition makes you even more revolting," Albrecht muttered, staring at Angelo distastefully.

He whirled around as Mia arrived. "Ah, finally! I was waiting for you, Mary," he growled, evidently having never learned her name. "So... Stasi, eh? Sent to spy on me, I presume? Didn't end well for you, did it?" He sneered triumphantly.

NIKI_4829 wrote:
"Oh! So all this time you were... um... existing in two places at once? How does that happen? " Julia asked Angelo not acknowledging the fact that he was just. Lying on the floor I guess.

"Is this the reason you wanted me to keep him a secret, Mr. Gideon? ...Is it prudent for me to ask how you two met in the first place?"

"Let's say Angelo was particularly good at digging up dirt and leave it at that." Gideon smirked, "Though we became closer over time. To be frank I only made sure you knew about him so he wouldn't have to suffer through canned beans and his own meals for years."
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"What... w-what's going on here?" Mia mumbled as she finally made her way into the room, voicing her player's utter confusion. "I thought I... so why am I here? What is this...?"

"You could say it's purgatory. You could say it's your final destination before second death. You could say it's a nonsensical movie that your synapses fired off as you died." He shrugged. "I don't care what explanation you find the most comforting, but please try to enjoy yourself before a lack of time and feeling consumes your sanity."

Sleeping is my life.

"Well, I have a lot of thoughts about the murders that happened so far... And many of them were questions. But, given that we now know of the existence of the bunker underneath the room where you died, Gideon..." Harley mulls as he looks towards Gideon.

"If the bunker exists way before father have us, then the guesthouse contains secrets in addition to the bunker. And if the guesthouse have the secret bunker, then it makes me wonder if the mansion contains secrets that we don't know about, but the killer do. Or two killers if there were two at play here."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Somehow, knowing that you're an actual person instead of some foul apparition makes you even more revolting," Albrecht muttered, staring at Angelo distastefully.

He whirled around as Mia arrived. "Ah, finally! I was waiting for you, Mary," he growled, evidently having never learned her name. "So... Stasi, eh? Sent to spy on me, I presume? Didn't end well for you, did it?" He sneered triumphantly.

"Didn't end so great for you either, eh, Sackgesicht?" There's a long, disgusting grinding noise as Edelfäule once again clears her mouth of rot. "Perhaps Mia here even killed you herself and your death was passionless and meaningless, just like Gideon's writing."

"So, Mia," the demon addresses the newcomer to the party, "Was this a case where love came first or was it one where actions came first and then love later? Is there even love? Gideon buried your ass before his story got too gay so we need you to play janitor."

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Let's say Angelo was particularly good at digging up dirt and leave it at that." Gideon smirked, "Though we became closer over time. To be frank I only made sure you knew about him so he wouldn't have to suffer through canned beans and his own meals for years."

"Oh shut the fuck up. I'll tear out your vocal chords until you use them properly. Angigolo is here because he's the cheapest whore who would satisfy your dumbass twists. He locked the door to Erik's closed room by going up the ladder and locking the door from the inside."

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Well, I have a lot of thoughts about the murders that happened so far... And many of them were questions. But, given that we now know of the existence of the bunker underneath the room where you died, Gideon..." Harley mulls as he looks towards Gideon.

"If the bunker exists way before father have us, then the guesthouse contains secrets in addition to the bunker. And if the guesthouse have the secret bunker, then it makes me wonder if the mansion contains secrets that we don't know about, but the killer do. Or two killers if there were two at play here."

"Blue truths, invalid." Gideon laughed at his brother. "You need to either focus on a specific mystery that's appeared, or address something more concrete than 'secrets'".
Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Oh shut the fuck up. I'll tear out your vocal chords until you use them properly. Angigolo is here because he's the cheapest whore who would satisfy your dumbass twists. He locked the door to Erik's closed room by going up the ladder and locking the door from the inside."

"See this?" It seemed Gideon was addressing Harley and Mia. "This is a possible solution to a closed room. And if I don't rebut it with red, it's the same as conceding.

"Angelo did not touch the locks in Erik's closed room. This includes the door and windows."

[For mystery-solving purposes]

KamiPanda wrote:

"A-Ah?!" Mia chirped in alarm; apparently she was too surprised to correct him regarding her name. "Albrecht? I, ah, no, I... h-how did you know about... I-I gave that up! A-after I met Ingrid, I mean..." she explained, growing progressively quieter and more dejected. "I... hoped if I just stayed in the West, I could just start my life over... of course I knew if I was ever found out, I would be as good as dead... I-I never expected to be killed by Ingrid's dead brother, though..."

JesusMonroe wrote:
"You could say it's purgatory. You could say it's your final destination before second death. You could say it's a nonsensical movie that your synapses fired off as you died." He shrugged. "I don't care what explanation you find the most comforting, but please try to enjoy yourself before a lack of time and feeling consumes your sanity."

"So... this is what the afterlife is really like?" Mia mused before blinking at her apparent killer. "H-hey! What the hell? What... why me? Why anyone?" she growled. "What's the point of any of this?"

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Didn't end so great for you either, eh, Sackgesicht?" There's a long, disgusting grinding noise as Edelfäule once again clears her mouth of rot. "Perhaps Mia here even killed you herself and your death was passionless and meaningless, just like Gideon's writing."

"So, Mia," the demon addresses the newcomer to the party, "Was this a case where love came first or was it one where actions came first and then love later? Is there even love? Gideon buried your ass before his story got too gay so we need you to play janitor."

Mia reeled back a bit at the sight of the frightening creature, tongue clicking in the back of her throat as she tried to quickly recompose herself. "W-wha...?" she tried. Coughed into her hand. Tried again. "I-I don't know what you're talking about... I haven't killed anyone... t-that was never part of my job, and like I told Albrecht, I wanted to leave that part of my life behind...

"Um, w-what's this about blue truth and red, anyway?" she added, confused. "Does... something happen if we figure some sort of truth out?"

Sleeping is my life.

Harley laughs at his older brother. "Come on, Gideon. You should know what I'm talking about when I mentioned secrets. One of Knox's Commandments stated that 'not more than one secret room or passage is allowable'. The rule could be applied to any of the murders that happened so far, but for now..." It sounds like Harley wanted to change the subject to something else.

"Regarding father's murder... I believe there's a possible solution to how it happened. You said that it's impossible to set or unset the chain from outside the room, so if that's the truth... Then here's a possible theory.

The killer was inside the study. How did we not see the killer? Simple; they hid in the bathroom! When father's doctor broke through the door, we were distracted by father's body. This was the distraction that the killer was hoping for. They'd have to time it right to avoid being seen leaving the bathroom and heading to the entrance to the study. They timed it right and so acted as though they came up the stairs to see what was going on. This was to make it looks like this was a locked room mystery.

So, how about it, Gideon? Does this sounds solid or does it have a flaw in it?" Harley asked, a quizzing look on his face.

"Mia, that fuckin' poser didn't kill you," the demon jabs one of her abnormally long claws in Gideon's direction to be clear that he's who she's referring to. "He's just some loser stealing someone else's work and telling it to us as if it was his own. He added the little detail in your brain that he killed you, but in reality he's just starved for attention so he's putting himself into the story. You were killed by a human culprit, not that ghoul."

"Basically, the way this story works is that if we have a theory about what happened, we state it in blue as a fact. The Ghost Wichser then has to give us a statement in red which contradicts the blue. That red statement must then becomes a fact. If he doesn't reply with a red statement, then the blue statement becomes a fact, meaning our theory is true. Here's another example, Erik locked the door and shot himself with the rifle inside the guest room. Angelo smashed the gun and then hid in the bunker."

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"A-Ah?!" Mia chirped in alarm; apparently she was too surprised to correct him regarding her name. "Albrecht? I, ah, no, I... h-how did you know about... I-I gave that up! A-after I met Ingrid, I mean..." she explained, growing progressively quieter and more dejected. "I... hoped if I just stayed in the West, I could just start my life over... of course I knew if I was ever found out, I would be as good as dead... I-I never expected to be killed by Ingrid's dead brother, though..."

Albrecht pointedly ignored Edelfäule and focused on Mia instead (whose name he'd now learned from the others saying it). He seemed markedly disappointed that Mia's presence here wasn't some conspiracy revolving around him, so stubbornly doubled-down on it. "That's just the sort of thing a Stasi spy would say! You can't fool me! You're not even a particularly good spy: your cover story doesn't even add up! You're a woman, so you couldn't be Ingrid's 'wife'; or did you not do your research?"

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Harley laughs at his older brother. "Come on, Gideon. You should know what I'm talking about when I mentioned secrets. One of Knox's Commandments stated that 'not more than one secret room or passage is allowable'. The rule could be applied to any of the murders that happened so far, but for now..." It sounds like Harley wanted to change the subject to something else.

"Regarding father's murder... I believe there's a possible solution to how it happened. You said that it's impossible to set or unset the chain from outside the room, so if that's the truth... Then here's a possible theory.

The killer was inside the study. How did we not see the killer? Simple; they hid in the bathroom! When father's doctor broke through the door, we were distracted by father's body. This was the distraction that the killer was hoping for. They'd have to time it right to avoid being seen leaving the bathroom and heading to the entrance to the study. They timed it right and so acted as though they came up the stairs to see what was going on. This was to make it looks like this was a locked room mystery.

So, how about it, Gideon? Does this sounds solid or does it have a flaw in it?" Harley asked, a quizzing look on his face.

"Ah, then say something less vague than 'secrets'." Gideon laughed. "Regardless, anybody hiding in the study would've been caught."
Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Here's another example, Erik locked the door and shot himself with the rifle inside the guest room. Angelo smashed the gun and then hid in the bunker."

"I won't respond. Won't say why." Gideon said very suspiciously. Seems like some ground was possibly made.

Sleeping is my life.

Harley nods after Gideon points out the flaw in his previous blue truth.

"Alright, that clears things up. As I already mentioned, that secret passages/rooms may be used for each of the murders that happened so far, except for my death as it was in a car. And I know you well, that you're not the type of person who'd use secret passages and/or rooms in your novels... But since the murders happened in real life... So, based on what we discussed...

- It's impossible that the chain can be set or unset from outside the room.
- Father's heart medicine bottle and pills can't fit under the study door crack. (Implying that they were in the study the entire time.)
- Anyone hiding in the study would have been caught.

Basically, it would means only one thing. The killer used a secret passage to leave the room. That way, it'd make it looks like a locked room mystery. So, where did the secret passage leads to? The room that is closest to the study would be... the library, which is on the second floor."

"Also, about the lone, random pill. I thought that maybe the killer put the pill there in an attempt to confuses us and question why that pill wasn't in the bottle with the other pills. It could have been placed during the murder or during the discovery of father's body while nobody was looking, it doesn't matter which way as long as it achieves the same objective: confusion."

"There's no secret passage in any room except for the vacant guest room. And of course the vacant guest room's only leads to the bunker, which is more of a hiding place than an 'exit'." Gideon said. "I wouldn't commit blasphemy that many times." What a liar.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Mia, that fuckin' poser didn't kill you," the demon jabs one of her abnormally long claws in Gideon's direction to be clear that he's who she's referring to. "He's just some loser stealing someone else's work and telling it to us as if it was his own. He added the little detail in your brain that he killed you, but in reality he's just starved for attention so he's putting himself into the story. You were killed by a human culprit, not that ghoul."

"Basically, the way this story works is that if we have a theory about what happened, we state it in blue as a fact. The Ghost Wichser then has to give us a statement in red which contradicts the blue. That red statement must then becomes a fact. If he doesn't reply with a red statement, then the blue statement becomes a fact, meaning our theory is true. Here's another example, Erik locked the door and shot himself with the rifle inside the guest room. Angelo smashed the gun and then hid in the bunker."

"H-huh? He can... do something like that?" Mia gasped before whipping her attention around to her wife's twin. "S-so... what about the phone calls? Was that you disguising the caller's voice, too?"

KamiPanda wrote:
Albrecht pointedly ignored Edelfäule and focused on Mia instead (whose name he'd now learned from the others saying it). He seemed markedly disappointed that Mia's presence here wasn't some conspiracy revolving around him, so stubbornly doubled-down on it. "That's just the sort of thing a Stasi spy would say! You can't fool me! You're not even a particularly good spy: your cover story doesn't even add up! You're a woman, so you couldn't be Ingrid's 'wife'; or did you not do your research?"

"...So you heard about that, too..." Mia bit her lip and sighed again. "None of you understood what Ingrid and I had... I don't know if it was inability or just pure stubbornness, but... I guess in the end it doesn't really matter. We understood each other. That's what's important..."

Shy guy

"Bah. Women," Albrecht griped, not even trying to understand.

"I'll keep thinking about Harley's murder for now. I prefer focusing one thing at a time," he then said, turning away from Mia. "Someone stabbed Harley while the car doors were already locked. They climbed out the open window, then pulled the window closed from the outside using some manner of suction cup or adhesive. This way they bypass the need to use the manual crank to shut it."

Sleeping is my life.

"Well... If what Gideon said is true that there was no secret passage in the study... Then the only way the killer could leave the locked room is the door..." Harley thinks about the door very carefully and took in the account of the chain mechanism

"Since we know it would be impossible to take the door's hinges off the door frame, because due to the chain mechanism, it would be difficult to reattach the door to the door frame, as the door would obstructs the hinges and prevents the killer from attaching the door to the door frame..." And then an idea came to him. "But, what if there's another way? One that may sounds so ridiculous that it could very well be wrong, but... The killer removed one end of the chain mechanism from the door frame, with the chain set in. And once outside the room, they reattached the end of the chain mechanic back onto the door frame, all while the chain was still in place..."

"It seems so far-fetched and ridiculous..." The mechanic added on quietly. "No way that can be right..."

"This piss stain doesn't have the brain to truly come up with a trick like that, Harley. There's a reason why you had to be the one to put your siblings' toys back together." there's a crack as Edelfäule pulls open the tab on another energy drink with a strong motion. She pours it into her mouth and eyes like a fountain.

"Here's my take on the Nazi bitch's murder," she turns her empty sights onto the author. "The geezer locked himself in his room after the true culprit carried him up there and swiped the medicine from Albrecht. After he died, the culprit broke into the room first and planted the medicine on the crime scene before others had a chance to investigate."
Re: Ghost Fables ~ Dead Thread Chapter 2Topic%20Title

fella

JesusMonroe wrote:
Collin1002 wrote:
"Why? Why go through all of this, especially on your own family? I know we're not perfect, to say the least, but still... Is this some sort of entertainment for you? Seems to be for everyone else, but... why you? What drove you to do this, Uncle Gideon? If I can even call you that anymore."

[Scene Music]

Gideon simply shrugged. "I ask myself that often. The truth is Erik, I'm simply bored. Nothing in this world gives me any feeling. Even writing this story right now, I'm just doing it with the hope that the conclusion will satisfy me--make me feel like a human once again. But of course I don't expect you to understand that." He shook his head and laughed. "No, everybody here has a role to play. It might be about to time to start preparing the trial--I hope that will be fittingly dramatic enough for a climax."

Erik was stunned silent for a good few moments. Fitting, since his writer had been busy the last few days.

"... So you're just doing this... because you're bored? Using us as just playthings in your story?" he incredulously asked. "You sick fuck..."

He glared at Gideon for a few more moments before turning away and crossing his arms.

"Fine then. I'll play your little game. I'll focus on my murder first, since, well, I was there. Since, apparently, you didn't kill me but there was a human culprit... hmm. Supernatural solutions are apparently false too, so possession is out of the question. ... Angelo didn't touch the locks, huh? So he was probably in the bunker the whole time. I don't believe I shot myself, since the gun was yanked out of my hands, so to add on to our lovely demon friend's theory, perhaps Angelo was the one who ambushed and shot me, since he was originally hiding in the bunker. So I didn't shoot myself, but Angelo sprung at the opportunity to kill me when my back was turned, and broke the gun once I was dead. Unless..."

He tapped his chin, brow furrowed with both curiosity and confusion.

"Could there have been another person inside? You say that Angelo didn't touch the locks, but never said that anyone else did or didn't."

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Since we know it would be impossible to take the door's hinges off the door frame, because due to the chain mechanism, it would be difficult to reattach the door to the door frame, as the door would obstructs the hinges and prevents the killer from attaching the door to the door frame..." And then an idea came to him. "But, what if there's another way? One that may sounds so ridiculous that it could very well be wrong, but... The killer removed one end of the chain mechanism from the door frame, with the chain set in. And once outside the room, they reattached the end of the chain mechanic back onto the door frame, all while the chain was still in place..."

"Blue truth, invalid. I have already stated in red it's impossible to set the chain from the outside."
Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Here's my take on the Nazi bitch's murder," she turns her empty sights onto the author. "The geezer locked himself in his room after the true culprit carried him up there and swiped the medicine from Albrecht. After he died, the culprit broke into the room first and planted the medicine on the crime scene before others had a chance to investigate."

"Nothing was planted in the crime scene after the door was broken into. In fact, Albrecht's heart attack was a direct result of his medicine being pried from his hands."
KamiPanda wrote:
"Bah. Women," Albrecht griped, not even trying to understand.

"I'll keep thinking about Harley's murder for now. I prefer focusing one thing at a time," he then said, turning away from Mia. "Someone stabbed Harley while the car doors were already locked. They climbed out the open window, then pulled the window closed from the outside using some manner of suction cup or adhesive. This way they bypass the need to use the manual crank to shut it."

"The window can't be closed from the outside of the vehicle. In fact since I feel so sorry for your floundering, I'll add that there is no relevant difference between how the car could be locked and a normal closed room."
Collin1002 wrote:
"Fine then. I'll play your little game. I'll focus on my murder first, since, well, I was there. Since, apparently, you didn't kill me but there was a human culprit... hmm. Supernatural solutions are apparently false too, so possession is out of the question. ... Angelo didn't touch the locks, huh? So he was probably in the bunker the whole time. I don't believe I shot myself, since the gun was yanked out of my hands, so to add on to our lovely demon friend's theory, perhaps Angelo was the one who ambushed and shot me, since he was originally hiding in the bunker. So I didn't shoot myself, but Angelo sprung at the opportunity to kill me when my back was turned, and broke the gun once I was dead. Unless..."

He tapped his chin, brow furrowed with both curiosity and confusion.

"Could there have been another person inside? You say that Angelo didn't touch the locks, but never said that anyone else did or didn't."

"I can't respond!" Gideon looked shocked in an exaggerated fashion. "Oh no, Angelo! They're going to say you killed the dear boy."

Shy guy

"No relevant difference, huh? Then how about this: The 'trick' behind Harley and Julia's murders is the same. Right now the two crimes are interchangeable. A valid solution to one seems like it would be a valid solution to the other."

“That is not a blue I have to respond to. You have not explained what the ‘trick’ is not explained how the crimes are possible.” He closed the book with one hand then looked at his father. “And yet I’ll repay the favor from earlier—the trick is indeed similar. Not that I could say something subjective in red.”

Shy guy

Albrecht sighed. "It was worth trying to understand the limits of these 'red truths' at least. If Meta were here I'm sure she could try all sorts of legal nonsense, but it seems like there are strong restrictions on what you're willing to say with 'red'.

"In any case, my point still stands. These crimes - all of them, not just Harley and Julia's - right now could all have interchangeable solutions. Questions asked for one crime could easily apply to another. Must we repeat every applicable blue statement for every single crime?"

"Remember that you do not need to use blue to get red. Perhaps I'm more generous than you might think if there's something you want me to broadly confirm." He suggested almost insidiously. "Keep in mind there are other non-closed rooms to consider-"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"H-huh? He can... do something like that?" Mia gasped before whipping her attention around to her wife's twin. "S-so... what about the phone calls? Was that you disguising the caller's voice, too?"

"Like that. You see Mia, memories before death seem consistently unreliable at the very least. So I wouldn't focus on any 'ghost incidents' that don't have a tangible effect on the world. In this case, two phone calls were definitely made, both during dinner and before your death."

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"Can we get a confirmation that outside of Angelo in the bunker, no-one was hiding inside any of the locked rooms when we encountered them? I'd like to rule out suicide as a matter of course, as well. It would be useful to confirm that every key we've found inside a locked room is the only key to the corresponding door (rather than a replica), outside of the master keys. Lastly, were any of the rooms made to appear 'locked' by some mechanism other than the actual locks on the door and windows?

"For a more ambitious confirmation, can we get a confirmation that none of the keys ever passed into their locked rooms after the doors were locked, like with the car? That was quite a strong piece of 'red truth'."

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Remember that you do not need to use blue to get red. Perhaps I'm more generous than you might think if there's something you want me to broadly confirm." He suggested almost insidiously. "Keep in mind there are other non-closed rooms to consider-"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"Like that. You see Mia, memories before death seem consistently unreliable at the very least. So I wouldn't focus on any 'ghost incidents' that don't have a tangible effect on the world. In this case, two phone calls were definitely made, both during dinner and before your death."

"So, um, that would mean... you didn't have any influence over those calls. It wasn't you speaking, it was the killer impersonating you. Right?"

Mia blinked a couple times in surprise. "...h-how did I do that..." she mumbled to herself.

In response to Albrecht, Gideon just laughed. "Sure, old man. I'll give you the red you want--as long as you're content with it burying you where you stand." A new battle was about to begin.

[Scene Music]

KamiPanda wrote:
"Can we get a confirmation that outside of Angelo in the bunker, no-one was hiding inside any of the locked rooms when we encountered them?

"Nobody was hiding in the study at the time Albrecht's body was discovered.
Nobody was hiding in the wine cellar at the time Julia's body was discovered.
Nobody was hiding in the car at the time Harley's body was discovered.
Nobody was hiding in Anges' room at the time Mia's body was discovered.
Only Angelo was hiding in the guest room at the time the vacant guest room was discovered.

"I left out my death from two years ago. Truthfully, I don't even know what happened then and it's not particularly relevant to my story."

KamiPanda wrote:
"I'd like to rule out suicide as a matter of course, as well.

"Albrecht, Julia, Harley, and Mia did not commit suicide!" It seemed he was still apparently unwilling to address Erik's death on this matter.

KamiPanda wrote:
"It would be useful to confirm that every key we've found inside a locked room is the only key to the corresponding door (rather than a replica)

"Whaaaaat? You think I'd use such a half-baked solution? I'm almost so insulted that I don't wanna give any red. But fine, no copies or replicas of any keys exist. There are only 3 master keys, and Julia's was destroyed upon discovery. Can I make this point any clearer? Fine, let's reiterate the wine cellar is the only key to the wine cellar door. The Benz key is the only key to the car. The dining room door can only be opened with the dining room key and master keys. The guest room door can only be opened with the guest room key found in Erik's pocket and the master keys."

KamiPanda wrote:
Lastly, were any of the rooms made to appear 'locked' by some mechanism other than the actual locks on the door and windows?

"All 'rooms' were well and truly locked. Doors and windows. The only exception with this Mia's death since that was 'locked' via tape on the door. But the tape was sealed before the crime was discovered."
KamiPanda wrote:
"For a more ambitious confirmation, can we get a confirmation that none of the keys ever passed into their locked rooms after the doors were locked, like with the car? That was quite a strong piece of 'red truth'."

"That is ambitious! If I was as evil as you think I am, I certainly wouldn't give that to you. But I'll acknowledge it. No keys have been passed into their locked rooms while the doors were locked."
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"So, um, that would mean... you didn't have any influence over those calls. It wasn't you speaking, it was the killer impersonating you. Right?"

Mia blinked a couple times in surprise. "...h-how did I do that..." she mumbled to herself.

"Anybody can speak the truth, Miss Fischer. You've just been lying for so long that you may have forgotten. Mia would never confuse Gideon's voice with that of another person's, even somebody impersonating him. Not ruling out that Mia could be lying about these phone calls, or that she's gone mad." It seemed Gideon pivoted to referring Mia as a character in his story.

Shy guy

"Bah, I misspoke. I'll rephrase. Can I confirm that all the keys we found were real? There was no trickery involving us finding a fake key, which then got swapped out for the real one now that the killer has access to the unlocked room?" Albrecht asked. "Though knowing the full details about all the different keys is useful anyway, so you have my thanks for that," he added begrudgingly.

Fiiiine. Nobody would mistake a fake key for the real genuine thing. I’ll even simplify it and say that no fake keys are involved in the making of this story!

Shy guy

Albrecht nodded, then went silent. A few moments and/or eternities later, he let out a frustrated grunt. "That really is a lot of red... Even I was overwhelmed by it. It's going to take some time to sort through it. I still want to hold off on looking into the more recent murders, I get the impression there's details those in the living realm have yet to go over."

Sleeping is my life.

"Hold on... If Julia was with us at the time that the dining room door was opened, then it would means that one of the other two servants or one of the folks over at the guesthouse could have opened the door with either the master key or the dining room key... And the problem is that when Ingrid went to check, nobody was in the hallway... Unless... They hid in another room? Like the kitchen, since that's the only door closest to the dining room door...?" Harley asked, an eyebrow raised.

Mia held her head with both hands as she tried to calm the clicking that had started after Gideon's latest suggestion about her state of mind. "U-um, well... m-maybe the killer had a recording of Gideon's voice... yeah..." she suggested uncertainly.

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Hold on... If Julia was with us at the time that the dining room door was opened, then it would means that one of the other two servants or one of the folks over at the guesthouse could have opened the door with either the master key or the dining room key... And the problem is that when Ingrid went to check, nobody was in the hallway... Unless... They hid in another room? Like the kitchen, since that's the only door closest to the dining room door...?" Harley asked, an eyebrow raised.

"The dining room key is in the servant's quarters, and it would be trivial for anybody to take it, unlock the door, and return it without being seen." For the first time, it seemed like Gideon's red had opened possibilities instead of closing them.
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Mia held her head with both hands as she tried to calm the clicking that had started after Gideon's latest suggestion about her state of mind. "U-um, well... m-maybe the killer had a recording of Gideon's voice... yeah..." she suggested uncertainly.

"There were some very specific exchanges in that conversation. That seems ridiculous to me."

And yet, he did not deny it with red.

[Scene Music]

Sleeping is my life.

"Right... So, it's likely that the master key was used, so Julia's in the clear since she was with us... It'd make the folks over at the guesthouse be suspicious... Jolina and Juna both have their own master key... However, something tells me that it got to be either Jolina or Juna.. Because if someone stole the master key from one of them, they'd notice it was missing." Harley thinks for a moment before shaking his head. "Actually, was the master key, that was used to open the dining room door, stolen or not? If it was stolen, then the suspect list is still large... and we'd have no way of narrowing it down."

Shy guy

Despite the recent revelations, Albrecht still seemed laser-focused on the locked rooms. "The killer makes use of miniature robots. After he's killed his victim, he leaves the room and closes the door. The robot locks it behind him, then self-destructs to hide the evidence."

It's official: the eternities had finally driven Albrecht insane.

"...Robots?" Mia mumbled under her breath before shaking her head in order to refocus. "Um, well maybe whoever made those calls had a number of prerecorded lines ready to play depending on how I replied?"

KamiPanda wrote:
Despite the recent revelations, Albrecht still seemed laser-focused on the locked rooms. "The killer makes use of miniature robots. After he's killed his victim, he leaves the room and closes the door. The robot locks it behind him, then self-destructs to hide the evidence."

It's official: the eternities had finally driven Albrecht insane.

"Knox #4. No hitherto undiscovered poisons may be used, nor any appliance which will need a long scientific explanation at the end."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"...Robots?" Mia mumbled under her breath before shaking her head in order to refocus. "Um, well maybe whoever made those calls had a number of prerecorded lines ready to play depending on how I replied?"

"Hmph." Gideon didn't feel the need to reply. He had already lost the battle by not responding to red with her previous statement. Any further advance would just be gravy for the reader's side, so he would not concede that.

Shy guy

"Knox's... huh? There's more rules to this you haven't told us about?" Albrecht complained, too much of a chump to recognise the commandments. "Such a disappointing answer, too. I didn't think my 'theory' was right but I was hoping to get some good red truth out of you from it."

"There aren't more rules, I just thought it would be amusing to refute you with a basic principle." Gideon laughed hard enough that spit flew out of his mouth. "Tiny robots? Please. Here I thought the world of the living made you able, and yet you're the same senile, old man.""
Page 4 of 18 [ 705 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus