Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 5 of 18[ 695 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Re: Black Fable: The Town of Moonview (Prologue)Topic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

Southern Corn wrote:
Howard gave Emilia a sceptical look. "Communin' with the death? What a load o' bull. Are ya just an attention seeker or summin'? This is just balderdash, I tell ya", he sighed. "Can't any of ya think of a rational way to find the bloody murderer 'ere?"

"I'm not sure if you have any hidden leads that you haven't spoken about, but if you have a better idea to find out who the perpetrator is, speak up and I'll listen. Unless you want to rely on dumb luck or someone else dying?"

Happy Maria

"Dumb luck'll do me more good than these bloody superstitions", Howard spat indignantly. "For all we know you could be the killer as well, lass. 'Ow can we even trust ya like this? I'm not buying any o' this", he said, pointing his pipe at her in an accusatory manner.

Southern Corn wrote:
"Dumb luck'll do me more good than these bloody superstitions", Howard spat indignantly. "For all we know you could be the killer as well, lass. 'Ow can we even trust ya like this? I'm not buying any o' this", he said, pointing his pipe at her in an accusatory manner.

"I don't blame you for not trusting me, but do you seriously think I'd out myself like this if I was the killer?"

Happy Maria

"Maybe", Howard muttered softly, putting his pipe into his mouth rather thoughtfully. "At any rate, I recommend ya stay away from me. Ah don' trust any o' you, and it's better if ya don't try ta pull anythin' on me now, eh?" He says, distancing himself from the others.

"That's the spirit, disorder...disdain...yaaaay." Amory quipped. He watched Forsythia walk away into her house, shrugging in response.

"Anyways, why don't we just leave..? I feel like we can solve everything by packing our bags and giving up..."

Gettin' Old!

André shrugged at Amory's words "Ah but my friend..." he swung his arm around behind him to gesture to the pile of bones "...that's probably what this poor sap was thinking as well." he chuckled darkly and stretched "Besides, you any idea how much it costs to keep a tavern stocked? I'd be sorely out of pocket if I was to up and leave this wonderful little land." he looked over at Amory eyeing his mask with curiosity "Surely you had something bringing you here in the first place no?"

Turning on Howard André gave him a bemused smile "Well then I hope you've got a good supply of whiskey in your place Howard if this trouble has you too frightened to come by my bar no?" he joked lightly but it was tinged with sadness seeing Howard retreat from others "I don't think it is particularly safe to be alone or reclusive my friend. Cooper figures our enemies are multiple, I would not wish myself outnumbered in a fight."

He looked over at Emilia "Now please, Emilia, the seance?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

"Nobody I can trust no more", Howard muttered softly. "They're all out ta get me, always are... Aye, I don' need no drinks. All that'll do is lower me guard. Not worth it in this situation. Too dangerous tah even try movin, yeah. This is a bleedin' death trap. Stay within yer homes if ya value yer lives. Not worth comin' out for any reason."

hi

"I don't see why we can't leave our homes, so long as we are cautious." Avis replied. "I do think, however, that we should set up a curfew, as I stated earlier. It would prevent anything like this from happening again. If someone did break curfew, we'd have someone on watch to arrest and interrogate them."

Quote:
"Surely you had something bringing you here in the first place no?"

Amory tapped his mask, noticing André's stare.

"Do you think so..? I think it just looks sort of hot..."

Shy guy

Southern Corn wrote:
"Nobody I can trust no more", Howard muttered softly. "They're all out ta get me, always are... Aye, I don' need no drinks. All that'll do is lower me guard. Not worth it in this situation. Too dangerous tah even try movin, yeah. This is a bleedin' death trap. Stay within yer homes if ya value yer lives. Not worth comin' out for any reason."

"Victor was killed in his home, at night. Holding up indoors won't help matters," Pétur said gruffly. "If we all isolate ourselves then it's easier for someone to move about unseen."

All of a sudden he sighed, shaking his head wearily. "This isn't what I came out here for. Maybe misfortune strikes those who venture too far from home... Too late to do anything about it though. We've got to weather this strange storm. Avis has the right idea, we need a curfew, and people keeping watch."

Gettin' Old!

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Quote:
"Surely you had something bringing you here in the first place no?"

Amory tapped his mask, noticing André's stare.

"Do you think so..? I think it just looks sort of hot..."

André paused a slightly vacant look on his face as he tried to comprehend what Amory meant before breaking into a grin "It certainly lends you a very mysterious allure for sure." he chuckled with a little wink before shaking his head and smiling at some internal joke "Still what I meant was, you must have had a reason to come to this land too Amory no? It's a long walk back out of the frontier but I suppose we cannot stop you if that is what you wish."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Soon enough, another day ends. The following night is quiet again, with nothing out of the ordinary occurring.

As another morning rolls around, some of the residents decide to look around the town a bit more for some extra clues. A few of them look around again in the Town Hall, and find something fairly interesting.

Left on the mayor's desk is a work report, which seems to have been written when the town was first being built. One passage of the report which catches the eye of the residents reads:

"Unfortunately, the development process has not been easy. Several workers have scattered in fear, some saying they encountered evil forces within the Woeful Woods. I worry that the morale of our crew is weakening. I keep hearing a few whispers of there being some sort of nefarious group they call the "Coven" lurking in the forest, some mysterious party they claim is interfering with their work. This sounds to me like a childishly crafted ploy  to slack off, but it seems these ridiculous stories are spreading quickly and becoming very popular among the workers. I believe the appropriate way of dealing with this is to simply implement a stricter and stronger work ethic. I cannot let this ruin our progress after fighting so hard for this project."

Gettin' Old!

Thumbing through the reports, André returned them to the desk an intrigued grin on his face "Ah...well it seems our noble leader was keeping more than a few secrets from us eh?" he put another report aside and moved his perfectly-manicured hands over another one. "Guess this explains why it too so long for my tavern to get built." he muttered.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sock

Vaughan rubs the back of his head in confusion. "Coven? Sure does sound like some stupid rumor to slack off, if you ask me. Though, after what we've seen..."

He softly shakes his head. "I guess he didn't know any better at the time, eh? Can't really blame him for not expecting something like this..."

"Ooh...maybe Emilia can talk to the dead mayor, and ask if he was a part of this Coven..."

hi

Avis shook her head. "Coven...witches...mediums...even if all this coming about how seems suspicious, I still refuse to believe it until I've seen some irrefutable proof they exist."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Ooh...maybe Emilia can talk to the dead mayor, and ask if he was a part of this Coven..."

She sighs. "I've been trying, but... for some reason, since the last blood moon I haven't been able to speak to the dead. I'm unsure why, so... take that as you will."

Datamatt wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

She sighs. "I've been trying, but... for some reason, since the last blood moon I haven't been able to speak to the dead. I'm unsure why, so... take that as you will."

"Fraaaaud," Amory sighed. "Let's move on..."

Gettin' Old!

André crossed his arms a slightly disappointed look on his face "Well...that's alright Emilia...at the least without proof of your powers, our resident bounty hunter has no reason to arrest you." he sat down on one of the mayor's extravagant chairs and smiled sadly "Of course...it also means we are no closer to finding the truth...and I was so looking forward to seeing a seance." he looked over at Emilia "What is this 'blood moon' you speak of anyway?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

fella

"I believe the blood moon she is talking about is when the moon turned red... The night the mayor was murdered," Xander theorized as he lightly scratched behind his head. "The moon was normal last night, and, thankfully, no one was murdered... Could the red moon and the murder have something to do in common?" he questioned.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Datamatt wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

Jonas scoffed. "Hmph. I would think someone would test their own abilities before making such a bold claim."

Turning his attention to the report the group had uncovered, Jonas pondered, "A 'coven' then; a secretive group. I do wonder what the Good Mayor would have had to gain from ignoring such rumors. I suppose nothing good ever does come of placing wealth above knowledge after all."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Forsythia arrives in the morning with a basket filled with black plums. She smiles, greeting everyone.

"It would make sense that witches would use their powers to suppress the powers of a medium. After all, if you would use your powers, you might be able to expose their actions! Vic would have a lot to say if we could speak with him, I'm sure! Looks like poor Emelia is just another victim!"

She takes a bite from one of the fruits, tearing into the red flesh.

"Plums, anyone? I picked them today from my garden! Keeheehee!"

Shy guy

Slezak wrote:
Jonas scoffed. "Hmph. I would think someone would test their own abilities before making such a bold claim."

Turning his attention to the report the group had uncovered, Jonas pondered, "A 'coven' then; a secretive group. I do wonder what the Good Mayor would have had to gain from ignoring such rumors. I suppose nothing good ever does come of placing wealth above knowledge after all."

"We're in the Woeful Woods, rumours like that are abound," Pétur said dismissively. "Using them as an excuse to skip out on work sounds exactly like what people would do. Sometimes you have to take a firm stance, not let silly nonsense take hold."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Forsythia arrives in the morning with a basket filled with black plums. She smiles, greeting everyone.

"It would make sense that witches would use their powers to suppress the powers of a medium. After all, if you would use your powers, you might be able to expose their actions! Vic would have a lot to say if we could speak with him, I'm sure! Looks like poor Emelia is just another victim!"

She takes a bite from one of the fruits, tearing into the red flesh.

"Fresh plums? You're a marvel, Forsythia," Pétur said, smiling as his mood was suddenly lifted. "Just a few days in, and despite what's happened, you're settling in. Don't mind if I do." Apparently there was always time for food. Pétur eagerly pulled a plum from the offered basket and took a bite.

Esther did not go to the town hall that morning. She instead went in search of Cooper. There was an obvious place to start.

She looked down in hesitation for a moment, her fist already raised in the air, before setting her mouth in a line. She knocked on the door to Cooper's house.

Quote:

"...What did you inject these with?"

UkuleleLady wrote:
Esther did not go to the town hall that morning. She instead went in search of Cooper. There was an obvious place to start.

She looked down in hesitation for a moment, her fist already raised in the air, before setting her mouth in a line. She knocked on the door to Cooper's house.

After several minutes Cooper opens the door, looking like he just woke up. "What?"

"Uh - Good morning!" Esther gave Cooper her sunniest smile and clasped her hands behind her back. "I apologize for waking you. I'll - ah - I'll get right to the reason I came here." She cleared her throat, taking on an expression that was serious but still full of energy. "Those bones you found the other night. Could you please take me to where they were?" She looked down at her pockets. "I could pay you. I may not have much, but - I'll pay you."

"Pfffffft sure." He smiled at the prospect of a payday. "Just two copper'll do just fine. It wouldn't be hard to find again since I left the trail of coal anyway."

Esther grinned and fished the coins out of her pocket. "Thank you!" she said as she placed the two copper in Cooper's hand. "Um. Whenever you're ready, then."

"Lemme just get my boots and a piece o' toast."

He disappeared in the house for a bit and came out shortly after. He took out one of the coins he got and flipped it into Andre's hands. "Thanks for the ale, mate. We'll be back in a jiff." He headed towards the woods with Esther (hopefully) trailing behind him, particularly towards his coal trail.

Gettin' Old!

André grinned and pocketed the coin "Have fun you kids. I'll have a breakfast ready when you get back." he chuckled to himself before disappearing into the kitchen.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Esther gave André a short bow before she and Cooper left.

She remained quiet next to Cooper for a little while as they started to follow the coal trail. After a few minutes, she cleared her throat. "Cooper?" Her voice wavered slightly. "Did - you find anything else with the bones? Another journal page, or some clothing?"

"Hmmm...." He thought back. "Not that I remember. Just the bones and the page. Strange." He took a bite of his toast as he pondered it.

Esther pursed her lips and nodded. "Anything we could learn about who this person was and when they died could help us learn about their killers. That is why I asked you to escort me out here." She brought her fist up to her chin as she thought. "How much further is it?"

"It's right here." He indicated at the ground with his hand towards the hole that was presumably still there. "Nothing's changed. As hole-y as ever."

She nodded and stared at the spot for a few moments. "I suppose that hole is where - where the skull was," she wavered. Slow inhale. Slow exhale. She knelt next to the hole and started searching the area around it.

"Were the bones here, too, or were they more -" she gulped "- spread around?"

"They were here. I don't think theres anything else of interest or we would've found it the first time." He said bluntly, and then began to turn back to the town.

Esther lowered herself as much as possible to continue searching, not responding to Cooper at all. It was as if she did not notice him leaving.

"There has to be something," she muttered. "Some paper, or a scrap of fabric, anything."

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

KamiPanda wrote:
Slezak wrote:

"We're in the Woeful Woods, rumours like that are abound," Pétur said dismissively. "Using them as an excuse to skip out on work sounds exactly like what people would do. Sometimes you have to take a firm stance, not let silly nonsense take hold."

Jonas held his chin in thought. After Pétur took one of Forsythia's plums, Jonas finally responded, "I concede you have a point. However - and I realize we are working from known information now - it is because the Good Mayor did not listen to his workers that he met his unfortunate end. Still, I am merely an academic, not a businessman or a politician; maximizing my knowledge of a situation has always meant more to me than maximizing the bottom line."

"Ah, plums? One sounds delightful, thank you." Following Pétur, Jonas also pulled a plum from Forsythia's basket. As he raised it up, he was conflicted between his politeness and his penchant for scrutinizing things. With but the slightest bit of hesitation, he drew the plum slowly to his mouth and took a bite. After he swallowed, he smiled at Forsythia, his teeth tinged with a slight bit of red from the juice. That smile didn't waver, even as the thought entered his mind of how silly of a way this would be for him to perish. In fact, he chuckled a bit at the notion.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Happy Maria

“Hmph. ‘Coven’, eh? This all sounds right fishy tah me”, Howard commented, smoking on his pipe. “Ay, ah think we might be lookin’ at the prime suspects right ‘ere. Question is, ‘ow many of ‘em are there among us?”
Page 5 of 18 [ 695 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus