Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 617 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 614, 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620 ... 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

I've felt worse.

I got a call from an obvious scammer telling me he was from "Windows computer company" and he wanted to "fix" my computer. I say "got a call," but people have been trying to scam my parents with this exact same setup multiple times. Three guesses as to how many times they succeeded. I was so tempted to blast some really loud music, but instead I just entertained his offer for a bit before trying to get him to reevaluate his life. Of course, the guy just hung up in the middle of what would have been my epic speech. Weird part is, I suddenly feel great about life. Yeah, I'm not in my ideal position, but at least I'm not that loser.

Anyways, here's another picture of a stray cat.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
Anyways, here's another picture of a stray cat.

Horray!

I dyed my hair a copper-gold blonde color and, I have to say, it looks really good on me.
I've also taken up using the exercise bike again, going at it for almost 2 1/2 weeks now. Yeah, I have two days where I didn't ride... but I'm trying to not stop.

C-A

Pierre wrote:
So what's your plans for improving those things?

Haha being completely honest I haven’t thought of the concrete plans yet. I don’t know if someone else here can relate, but I know I tend to work well when something on the environment puts big restrictions/limits on me. If I can’t find this something on the environment, I’ll have to try to be my own tyrant, I guess. I’ll def have to come up with daily schedules, and some formulas like “you can’t do x for more than y hours a day”

sumguy28 wrote:
I got a call from an obvious scammer telling me he was from "Windows computer company" and he wanted to "fix" my computer. I say "got a call," but people have been trying to scam my parents with this exact same setup multiple times. Three guesses as to how many times they succeeded. I was so tempted to blast some really loud music, but instead I just entertained his offer for a bit before trying to get him to reevaluate his life.

People tried to scam me twice this year, with similar idiotic stories like “somebody has figured out your credit card password and they are buying multiple things. we need your personal information to help you get it back!”, claiming they’re from the bank. It is insulting to me to think someone expects me to believe in this kind of thing, and it is getting old now, really.

Happy Maria

I've gotten those too, lol.

Today at work someone told a joke so I laughed so hard that I had a nosebleed. I never thought it would happen to me irl! Man, I don't even remember the last time I got a nosebleed.

Southern Corn wrote:
I've gotten those too, lol.

Today at work someone told a joke so I laughed so hard that I had a nosebleed. I never thought it would happen to me irl! Man, I don't even remember the last time I got a nosebleed.

I never had a nosebleed in my whole life... at least not that I can remember. I’ve always thought nosebleeds caused by emotional reactions were a manga thing. lol

-

I have to (to be more specific, I should) talk to one of my professors in private. I’m kind of nervous because I think she thinks I’m crazy. Haha

Happy Maria

Well, now you know :p

Well, today was just work day. Work work work, 24/7. Barely any free time of my own, and this'll pobably persist for a month or so :/

Gettin' Old!

Spent several hours today at the cat cafe familiarising myself with the kits. One of them, if you pick him up and hold him to your shoulder will "high five" people as you go past.

My heart...it melted onto the floor...help..l..
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I just learned that Bulma's Japanese voice actress is dead...

C-A

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I've been practically begging for more hours at work, but sadly I'm still only part-time so, at minimum, I get about 24 but I told my supervisor to call me once an opening comes up (i.e. someone calling out or whatever). So I was asked to take a co-worker's shift tomorrow and I was called in this morning. So I got an extra 11 hours for this week. I'm really happy about it. I should have 30-35 hours next week as well since it's the first of the month.
Yay for saving money.
I'm more than likely going to move to Canada in March. :pearl-blush:
FacebookKidd & Milky Art
Instagram (18+ Art)Art Merch
X: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: ASTRO BOY / Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel

Happy Maria

Huge rain today while going to work. It was a freaking downpour. Quite a way to end the month.

YouTube is such a bitch with this copyright thing. So authoritarian and desperate, and it is only getting worse.

Happy Maria

On the other end though, we have Facebook with little to no copyright laws and videos constantly being stolen from YouTube only to garner millions of views there.

I don’t know. I just have this instinctive aversion to things like music - and most forms of art - being treated like “private property”, like you would treat a physical piece of land or cake. I think it is wrong. In fact, I think it is completely against what it is about, in essence. It is immaterial. This kind of thing is meant to be shared, and unite people. It isn’t meant to “hide itself”, and be a privilege for people who can pay.
Fairly certain we will see a revolution regarding copyright issues in the next 10 or 20 years. In fact, it is kind of already happening.

Happy Maria

Still, people do make money off of it, and being hosted on Facebook like that rids them of a lot of their income.

Weekend walk (walkend?) update today:

It went well overall. I did the 10 rounds successfully. I think the shoes really helped with not causing stomach cramps and the water bottle was really useful so thanks for that Pierre. Sadly though my average time for 1 round deteriorated from 5-6 minutes at the start to 6-7 minutes at the end so I've got to work on that.

I find it surprising how many times I've stumbled onto a couple in the park smooching. I don't even know why they decide to do it in public and all but it just feels weird to me.

Damn I really miss playing The Sims. Old times. I might even buy The Sims 4 in the next days. Never even touched it.

Talking about it, do you remember how your Sim used to get annoyed/depressed/pissed off when their Social Bar was red? When they spent too much time without social interaction? So, I think I'm beginning to feel like this. My Social Bar is probably red this week. lol

Thelema wrote:
Damn I really miss playing The Sims. Old times. I might even buy The Sims 4 in the next days. Never even touched it.

Talking about it, do you remember how your Sim used to get annoyed/depressed/pissed off when their Social Bar was red? When they spent too much time without social interaction? So, I think I'm beginning to feel like this. My Social Bar is probably red this week. lol

I'd suggest against getting Sims 4. I keep trying to play it for longer times, but it quickly gets boring for me. "Get your Sim into the right mood; do job/skill; everything better". It also lacks... depth... in a lot of things. Like, the depth of things that makes you like playing it...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Thelema wrote:

I'd suggest against getting Sims 4. I keep trying to play it for longer times, but it quickly gets boring for me. "Get your Sim into the right mood; do job/skill; everything better". It also lacks... depth... in a lot of things. Like, the depth of things that makes you like playing it...

C-A

Somebody actually told me they don’t like The Sims 4 either, but they didn’t give any specific reasons explaining why. What do you mean with “depth”?

I’ve never even seen somebody playing it. Like, I really have no idea about how Sims 4 is. My best memories are actually about Sims 2. I loved loved this game haha. I kind of have an idea about how Sims 3 is, but I haven’t explored it much. I really loved to create characters. The whole process of creating characters, and making them invest in their hobbies. Playing it almost gives me the illusion I am God.

-

Whoa I never thought I would begin to like jazz so much in my whole life... I mean, wow... it is great~

Quote:
What do you mean with “depth”?

It's... kind of hard for me to describe. For Sims 3, I could play for hours and get really far into in-game weeks of playing. I can create buildings, families, have them go after a job/hobby or even do self-imposed challenges. For Sims 4, I generally end up bored very fast. The character creation is still fun, even if the way you alter the body is very different now. I do like how telling jokes and other things are now skills, too, even for base-game. But... it's lacking.

I don't really 'miss' the open world aspect from Sims 3, but even the locations you can head to in 4 are so bland. And that is with them getting populated by Sims as soon as yours arrives, compared to Sims 3, where the 'hot spot' of the night could end up empty except for you and the bartender. Building isn't as fun as it was in Sims 3 and 2 and for me. But I do like how walls are overpriced in Sims 4 and you can fill your house with some good, slightly expensive electronics and still have thousands of Simoleons left over.

C-A

Hmmmm I guess I’ll take a look myself into the The Sims 4. I am kind of curious now.

What I liked about the open world system in Sims 3, is how I could get out of the house with one Sim, then leave another Sim there doing something boring.
Simoleons? I remember I never cared about money when I played Sims, because of those codes you could use to get infinite amounts of money. The mansions I used to create were obnoxious. If I recall correctly, there were even swimming pools inside of them. Lots of lights. A special room on the second floor for telescope/alien stuff, because I wanted to get abducted. Lots of useless rooms for entertainment purposes. Thinking about it, maybe those codes kind of kill the game’s fun lol. I don’t know if you use them. Maybe it is more rewarding to work your ass off for some time etc, and then feel you are “rich”.

Ok, I really want to play it now. I even have an idea for a weird couple in my head.

-

People are always bitching about millennials everywhere. Millennials this, millennials that. I didn’t know exactly what a millennial was. Somebody told me today a millennial is somebody born between 1985 and 2000. Immediately, I remembered of this song

Happy Maria

Yesterday's walkend...could've gone better. For some reason the cramps returned when I was coming to the park and my times were definitely a bit slower than the day before. Not as bad as last Sunday, but still.

Also when I came back I saw I got these nasty cuts on my toes so I've gotta figure that out.

I've felt worse.

Thelema wrote:
People are always bitching about snake people everywhere. Snake People this, snake people that. I didn’t know exactly what a snake person was. Somebody told me today a snake person is somebody born between 1985 and 2000. Immediately, I remembered of this song

Oh, right. I forgot I installed that extension that replaces "millennials" with "snake people."

That aside, the term "millennial" has become a blanket term for "people younger than me who I don't like." I've seen people say it cuts off at 1995 and I've seen people say the current high school generation are millennials.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

“"millennial" has become a blanket term for "people younger than me who I don't like”

Exactly. I’ve been called a millennial, just because I didn’t agree with somebody’s conservative opinion on something. Every time somebody disagrees with a younger person, they come up with this millennial thing. “SJW”? Millennial. Irresponsible? Millennial. Oversensitive? Millennial. Aggressive and disrespectful? Millennial.

I’m starting to think the “millennial” term will include a longer period of time. Like the baby boomers are now defined as people born between 1940 and 1965. They were the first people to grow up with TVs. Maybe the millennials will be defined as people born between ‘85 and 2005, or the first group of people who grew up with the internet. There are people who think millennials are those born between 82 and 2000. Some people think it is 81 - 97. So I have no idea.

I’m a 96 person and I often feel like people born in the mid 90s, like 94, 95, 96 and 97 don’t relate much at all to people born in the 80s or people born in the 2000s. We are almost a “generationless” generation. Whereas people born in early 90s have more in common with 80s, and people born in late 90s have more in common with early 2000s.

Last edited by Thelema on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

It feels good clocking into work and the manager telling me that I made the most money yesterday. Apparently I made about $10, 000 yesterday all by myself. I feel really good. :edgey:
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Thelema wrote:
Thinking about it, maybe those codes kind of kill the game’s fun lol. I don’t know if you use them. Maybe it is more rewarding to work your ass off for some time etc, and then feel you are “rich”.

I don't use them, mostly because I tend to do challenges where such codes are 'forbidden' from being used. And I prefer smaller houses and utilizing the space I have, rather than have big rooms with useless space. Even if I have a huge household, I quickly realize that I can just do minor expansions and I have enough room for everyone.

Quote:
That aside, the term "millennial" has become a blanket term for "people younger than me who I don't like." I've seen people say it cuts off at 1995 and I've seen people say the current high school generation are millennials.

I dunno, wouldn't a millenial be someone born 2001 onward? You know, when we were in the new MILLENium? I know, I know, demanding logic...

C-A

Tch. One more tale from the series “I don’t understand”: the human being quietly unfriends me on Facebook, just to send me a friend request two weeks later as if nothing had happened. What makes people do what they do? Fuck knows.

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
Tch. One more tale from the series “I don’t understand”: the human being quietly unfriends me on Facebook, just to send me a friend request two weeks later as if nothing had happened. What makes people do what they do? Fuck knows.

Perhaps the unfriending was by accident or some other innocuous reason?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Nah, I have my reasons to seriously doubt this. But whatever. Either way, I just don’t care.

-

I must say I really like Tokyo Ghoul’s protagonist. He is a cute introvert, realistic, and you get to see him growing through the arcs. Rare type of character.

Happy Maria

Someone I know seems to be ignoring me deliberately as of late. Not that I mind, but it's freaking hilarious to what lengths they go to to preserve this.

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Someone I know seems to be ignoring me deliberately as of late. Not that I mind, but it's freaking hilarious to what lengths they go to to preserve this.

Sounds pretty mean of them. Would hope they'd explain themselves
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Pfft, it's to be expected with them. Our last encounter ended on a sour note, but I had n idea they would take it so badly XD

My boyfriend convinced me to download Warframe for the PS4 so we could play together. It must be a big file because it's still downloading. I've been saving money, as much as I can, so that I can put my two weeks in in February soooo I'll be living in Canaderp by March. Yay!

If all goes well of course.
My boyfriend has a job that pays $16.50 an hour and he said he'll have his own apartment in a month or month and a half. :3
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Life’s difficult. So fuckin’ difficult. *sigh*

You're realizing that now?

I feel like I'm always playing life on the hardest difficulty 98% of the time.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Happy Maria

Sadly, that's something you'll have to get used to if you ever wish to make any progress in work. It's a truth which I've long since accepted.

It’s not that I’m just realizing this now. It’s just that, the more I get older, the more I realize how mundane everything is, and the more it gets to me. You are supposed to work at some random place, pay bills, have kids, and die. That’s it. There’s nothing more to it. This is life. At least, this is how people think you should live life. When you are a kid, all of this seems so far away. You are allowed to dream. You think you can have extraordinary experiences. But reality is harsh, and will do everything it can do to to kill all your aspirations and passions as you grow up. It basically turns you into a shell. I believe most people die before they turn 25 or something. Very few people are able to avoid that.

You know what my biggest fear is? Having to live the kind of cliche/unfulfilling life I’ve always despised, or dying before I do everything I want to do. I think about this every day.

Welcome to adulthood. You realize how futile everything is and might fall into nihilism, like I do at those times.

C-A

Happy Maria

Coming back from work, I realise I seem to have been involved in a lot of incidents lately. Thankfully not on the receiving end, but it's still a little frightful for me.

GameFAQs is fun. Some fanbases are so trollable.

Happy Maria

Yeah, I really don't go on there much anymore thanks to said fanbases. It's very tiring.

I think it is fun to start some charwars and see people’s reactions. “X character is bad”, or “Y character is better than Z character”. It is an absurd how some people take those things personally (and funny).
Page 617 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 614, 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620 ... 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus