Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 84 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch3 Trial)Topic%20Title

Jack grinned hugely at James, putting his hands on his hips. "You're the last person here I ever expected to want to do this. Is this character development? Ah, well you don't need to twist my arm." He chuckled, offering his blunt.

"Oh come on dude! I mean, you weren't even Florian's best friend! Bryan was! Florian was working to get Bryan out of here! I mean, you're gonna die, man! You should have some regrets! This whole situation is awful!"

"Like I don't get how you can look back and feel good about this!"

"Uh... Not that I want you to be sad or anything! It's just you took a gamble to give your friend revenge, but like maybe your bond with him wasn't as strong as you thought it was..."

"...So all that talk about 'friends' was just a big load, huh?" Urumi growled through her teeth at Irene. "You know, I shouldn't even be surprised at this point. I figured you never showed any emotion because you were forcing yourself to keep it together as a leader or something. Even when the thing about your parents came out, I thought, 'Well, that sounds pretty horrible, but maybe there's a chance she had a really, REALLY good reason for doing that we'd hear about later...' But I guess the truth is you're just screwed up in the head like the others, aren't you? You, Florian, Rinea, James, Mitzi..."

She whirled around to look at the rest of the passengers. "So does anyone ELSE want to admit they're secretly some sort of insane sociopath?" she snapped. "Gotta say, it's REALLY starting to get old!"

[put something witty here]

"Despite my many missteps, I am but a simple entertainer." Oscar offers in response to Urumi.

"Still, that's rather interesting about Florian." He says, turning to Irene. "The one to awaken the feelings stirring deep inside an emotionless killer, with nothing but a little charm and flair! I suppose you'll tell us this murder was done in the name of love, savagely avenging the one you held dear in the most gruesome way possible? How very curious, and a bit unfortunate if that's the case..."

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
Jack grinned hugely at James, putting his hands on his hips. "You're the last person here I ever expected to want to do this. Is this character development? Ah, well you don't need to twist my arm." He chuckled, offering his blunt.

"Talk to me no more of that farce there", James replied dismissively. "I thought that perhaps she actually knew what was right, when in reality she was just a talentless faker, a complete con artist. I care not for her. More importantly, Marlowe, do you have that bag of marshmallows with you?"

"The Ultimate Facade..." Koichi repeated to himself. "Your Maj-- I mean, Irene, why would the UJTS scout you..? What merit does your life bring an agency looking for talent?"

Southern Corn wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

"Talk to me no more of that farce there", James replied dismissively. "I thought that perhaps she actually knew what was right, when in reality she was just a talentless faker, a complete con artist. I care not for her. More importantly, Marlowe, do you have that bag of marshmallows with you?"

"Huh? I was talking about you coming here to rip, though." Jack shrugged and also produced his marshmallows for James.

"And if I may ask...what is that monster that we encountered? It certainly seems like it was real..."

ASCEND

"Indeed, it was quite real," Otto replies, "As for what it was, well... I couldn't tell you. Maybe it was just a genetic fluke? An evil science experiment gone wrong? Or perhaps it was just some sort of radioactive mutant lost in this camp, simply trying to survive as all creatures do? Well, it's dead now, so I guess we'll never know for sure..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

"Huh? I was talking about you coming here to rip, though." Jack shrugged and also produced his marshmallows for James.

"I simply wanted to be away from...that." James replied, seizing a marshmallow and chomping on it.

Planetbox wrote:
"Indeed, it was quite real," Otto replies, "As for what it was, well... I couldn't tell you. Maybe it was just a genetic fluke? An evil science experiment gone wrong? Or perhaps it was just some sort of radioactive mutant lost in this camp, simply trying to survive as all creatures do? Well, it's dead now, so I guess we'll never know for sure..."

"Bzzt, could it be a result of the nuclear explosion?" V.A.L. wondered thoughtfully. A loud siren sounded suddenly and the robot's antennae flashed as V.A.L. jerked forward.

"Bzzt, if that monster was a result of the explosion, the campground could be contaminated, bzzt!" it beeped urgently. "You all may need to be decontaminated, bzzt!"

"A-A nuclear explosion?" Koichi stammered.

Shy guy

"The nuclear reactor UJTS held a conference at last year..." Keri said. "When it exploded, it killed or displaced millions. This killing game has probably been using all of the now-abandoned city surrounding the site of the reactor to hold this game in."

After saying this she glanced at Irene, not quite sure what to say. "I am now not sure I ever knew you... but I think you were wrong to kill Rinea. She was more innocent than most here give her credit for, I think. But now she will never get the chance to make everyone see that. You may have been grieving Florian, but you went too far."

"Bzzt, yes," V.A.L. confirmed, "as Ultimate Keri said, the meltdown at the reactor. Master Otto," the robot spoke up, "I insist that we all get decontaminated somehow before returning to the blimp, bzzt."

Raul had regained his composure, and focused on the current conversation instead of anything Irene had to say. "So this whole trip has been through the places that got affected by that explosion? Wouldn't that mean that we have been at risk of being contaminated ever since the hotel? I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to this stuff, but that would be really dangerous even if years have passed since the explosion, right?"
Signature loading, please wait...

ASCEND

Otto waves his hand dismissively. "If you were all being bathed in huge amounts of radiation, you'd have felt it by now. In fact, you'd probably all be dead!"

He cheerfully continues, "I recommend you all just relax and enjoy your journey in our state-of-the-art airship, where your safety is our number one concern!"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Yeah, safety. Putting aside the parts where we got dropped off in a forest with some crazy monster, and got left in a water park that can flood itself for some reason, and were forced to participate in this killing game at all..."

Urumi shook her head and glared at Irene once more. "So that's it?" she bitterly repeated herself. "You never gave a damn about anyone or anything besides Florian?"

No other way than to make this mistake.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"The Ultimate Facade..." Koichi repeated to himself. "Your Maj-- I mean, Irene, why would the UJTS scout you..? What merit does your life bring an agency looking for talent?"

"Hmm... I will answer these questions earnestly." Irene puts two fingers at the sides of her mouth and molds her expression into a normal smile. Her tone of voice changes to fit it perfectly. "My talent is most likely, simply the best in its field. Consider the fact that I can act however I want, whenever I want, and nobody would know I am blatantly lying. Besides, the Queen of an entire kingdom is a powerful connection, is it not?"

She turns to Urumi, her expression remaining the same. It's quite creepy. "I would not say that is true. Florian is simply the one that made me feel what I felt back then. A swelling feeling of anger, that only now have I come to realise-- that is what emotion is. What I have missed my entire life. However, that is not to say I did not mind our conversations. I did trust you, and may I say, enjoyed speaking to you. Though you resent me right now, yes?"

She turns to Keri, her expression switching to a lifeless glare. Her tone of voice is now also emotionless, and almost feels dead. "Why? Why is it that you consider someone who has lied in previous trials more innocent than anyone else? What did she have to show? How could someone such as her have explained their innocence? Are you truly this naïve?"

"You literally just said nobody can tell whether you're lying or not. Why should I believe anything you've said?" Urumi spat as she lowered her eyes.

“I guess uh… Let’s talk about one more thing,” Kyle begins. “There’s something I think you guys should see… It’ll make you feel better about all this, I swear.”

Spoiler: Video
A wide-eyed Rinea stands in the dim light. Her eyes quiver maddeningly, her teeth are grit with extreme pressure, and sweat and tears pouring from her face. In front of her, she holds her scalpel at the ready, but on the ground in front of her, Florian twitches and shakes, blood bubbling from his windpipe, his arms clawing pathetically at the air in front of him.

After a moment, the life fades from his tortured visage, and his sunny clothes are further ruined by the blood.

Rinea, stares at the air, as if her attacker has not just curled up like a bug. Her breathing is still staggered and frenetic. The sweat and the tears make her look deranged and feeble.

“I’m so sorry!” her words come out a little twisted, staring at the lifeless body. She tries to smile in her carefree way, but there’s something holding her back, and instead, bizarrely, she stifles a laugh.

“Looks like I couldn’t do it after all, I tried my absolute best! No more pranks! No more torture! And look at me now!” she cackles intensely, and it comes across as incongruent with her generally cutesy demeanor.

Abruptly, she falls to her knees, dropping the scalpel. She covers her head in her hands, and weeps.

“I guess you win, Rinea! You did nothing but have fun! And even though you wanted everyone to love you, well, at least you had a good laugh on the way out!” her voice comes out with a manic fervor, almost an octave above where it should be.

“All life is disposable, ultimately, why should your friends be exempt from that? Why should Florian? Why should you?”

Rinea rises arduously.

“You’re pathetic. You can’t change your biology, you can’t change anything about yourself. You’re good at hurting people. You’re good at watching them feel pain. You shouldn’t try to be something you’re not. You just made this feel worse than it ever had to,” she shakes her head disapprovingly.

“You made a big, dumb mistake,” she giggles, but her eyes still overflow with tears.

The clip ends with her trying to laugh off the situation, slowly backing away into the darkness, dragging Florian’s body.

"Whoops, that was an accident, haha!"

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"You literally just said nobody can tell whether you're lying or not. Why should I believe anything you've said?" Urumi spat as she lowered her eyes.

"I have no reason to lie anymore, do I? I lied before, as it came with personal gains. Now that my fate is sealed, I have nothing to gain. Thus, what I am saying is the whole truth."

An eerie, fatalistic silence washes across the court.

“Wow you guys are kind of messed up. At least Irene can be free of all of you now, and you guys can think about your actions or something,” Kyle pauses momentarily as if looking for a protest.

“Like seriously! Here I am watching you guys, you know! I barely talk to any of you! Those that I do talk to, I enjoy speaking with. Shoutouts to my boy Oscar. Even so though! COME ON! She killed for her friend, and all of you sociopaths just, just, I dunno she’s as good as dead! This should be about her not about all you idiots and how bitter you are! I dunno, I’m mad that I’m being put through this, and I’m mad that you’re all self-centered idiots who keep making me kill you!”

“It’s not my fault, okay?! And maybe it’s not you either, but it kind of feels like it!”

“AAAGH!!! I don’t want to be doing this!! I mean, it’s my job, I’ll do it, but like…” he trails off, his voice whimpering.

“...seriously please no more… goodbye Irene...”

Click

Spoiler: Facsimile

Irene’s podium is pulled backwards, and into the air above everyone, taking her with it. She smiles serenely, even as her fate is set in stone. The front of her podium falls away and she’s only on the tiny platform.

A robot limb coils toward her and she wrestles against it as it wrenches her knife from her hands. Even as it floats away from her, she still seems calm and measured, but she almost lets out a cry of pain as the knife suddenly plunges into her foot.

The carnage doesn’t stop there though, and everyone watches on in horror as her leg is filleted up her calf from her foot. Blood pour in a huge amount from the gaping wound, and Otto carefully grabs her to make sure she remains propped up.

Irene’s teeth grind together, still in a forceful smile. The grinding of bone can be heard as the knife goes inside her knee and cuts away at the muscle tissue. Up on the other side, a robot arm takes the knife and begins to work away at the project. Soon, they begin tossing down all the goopy muscle and pulpy bits that once made up the inside of her legs. The passengers have to back further and further away to avoid the gore.

A new arm comes out, clutching a huge bundle of cotton, and starts stuffing the wounds up, stopping the bleeding, but it begins to stuff in even more. Soon, it fills the entire leg and sews it up, good as new.

Even as the knife digs into her arms, tearing out nerve endings, Irene keeps her composure, her smile, and grace. It doesn’t take long for the stitches to be ran up her arms, and for her new limbs to be in place.

Very carefully, the knife makes an incision all the way around the neck, and the knife and hand plunge deep into her chest cavity, pulling out all the organs and grinding through the bones. Her eyes fill with blood, but her will power to remain smiling, even as her death looms near, is staggering. With one last pop, the spinal cord is popped out.

With the ribs and meat in a pile below, the machine arms begin cleaning what is now only the skin, and stuffing her back up.

In its final state, the doll looks like a malformed version of Irene, lumps characterizing her limbs, which bend in uncomfortable-looking ways. Her face appears more or less the same as it often was, a grim reminder of her talent.

Kyle utters a gasp of disgust, and then his mic turns off.

(Don’t Fear) The Reaper: End
9 Passengers Remain

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

Spoiler: Epilogue
Keri stood outside the shed, Otto hovering nearby. The robot happily explained, “Okay, Florian’s gauntlet is right there on the floor. All you have to do is hold it against your chest and uhh… I think there’s a button you can press? Just give it a try, I’m sure you can figure it out.”

“I-I see… Alright, here goes nothing.” Keri takes the door and slowly opens it with a low creak. She hesitantly steps inside, trying to prepare herself for what she would see.

It was worse than she had imagined. A large pool of dry blood covered the floor around Florian’s corpse. She grimaced, attempting to control her heart as she walked over to the corpse. Then, she gently lifted it up as she took Florian’s glove off. But something caught her eye first.

“H-Huh? No… That’s not right!”

She stared at Florian’s corpse. Along with the stab and slash wounds she had already heard about was a large, gaping wound on the right side of his chest. It was as if someone had deliberately and frantically torn his flesh to pieces.

“Wh-Why didn’t we hear anything about this? What does this mean?”

Keri hears someone knocking on the door of the shed, and then Otto’s voice comes from the other side. “Hello? Are you finished yet? We really do need to get this airship off the ground!”

Keri doesn’t respond. She simply uses the glove to recover her talent and then heads back out the door.

After lift-off the next day, everyone shows up in the cafeteria. Why did they go to the cafeteria? What will they do once they are here? Will they ever find it in themselves to leave the cafeteria? Let's find out...

"Man, can you guys believe it?" Jack was still dressed in his pajamas as he talked to his apocryphal friends. "All this time that book about the heart was just a tease for a later mystery? Man, and I spent so much time theorizing about that crap..."

With an unopened bottle of milk, Koichi sat down at a nearby table, looking glum. His gun was noticeably removed from his holster, perhaps left behind in his room. He fiddled with his badge, waiting for the others to arrive.

"...There's only nine people left, huh..?" he said to himself.

Raul energetically greeted the others as he sat down with a plate of what was far too much meat for a breakfast meal. "That really was a close one huh? Every one of these trials just further proves the amazing talent of our group!"

"You guys...are quite cheerful."

"Well of course, what good would it do to any of our lost friends to stand around crying?" Raul said this as he moved towards Koichi's table and tapped his back. "Come on, soldier. If we show weakness, we'll just be giving the ones who put us here what they want."

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jack asked Koichi. "9's my favorite number. Plus we're at the point where half of us are dead, our personalities are firmly established, and we just feel, I don't know...fleshed out?"

Cesar Zero wrote:
"Well of course, what good would it do to any of our lost friends to stand around crying?" Raul said this as he moved towards Koichi's table and tapped his back. "Come on, soldier. If we show weakness, we'll just be giving the ones who put us here what they want."

Koichi smiled briefly but didn't return the sentiment, staring at the wall. He chuckled at Jack's insinuation that they were still fake and characters.

fella

Bryan walked in to the cafeteria, a clearly forced smile on his face, his eyes quite red and puffy. "Heyo, guys," he said before going to get an orange to eat as breakfast.

"Ah...good morning, Bryan. I hope you are recovering well..."

fella

As he peels the skin off of the orange, he shrugs in response to Koichi. "I'm... fine, I guess," he said in a somewhat solemn and hesitant tone. It's quite clear he wasn't fine. After peeling the skin away, he places it aside and takes a bite of the orange, wiping his mouth as he swallows the bite he took."

"Yo, Raul. Buddy. My dude." Jack narrowed his eyes at him and smiled. He began to punch him playfully on the chest. "You ate that heart didn't you, ya big lug? Come on, we won't tell anyone."

"J-Jack..!" Koichi snapped. "That is not appropriate to say right now..."

Raul simply laughed as Jack made his accusation. "I see you're still hung up on that. Tell me: Do you think I would've kept lying about such a big detail? In a trial where we were so close to losing? Come on man, you should know a figment of your imagination better than that." Raul chuckled as he said this and went back to his food.

"You bring up a good point." Jack rubbed his chin. "I can't even imagine eating a heart or how bad it would taste, so it could be out of the question."

[put something witty here]

"Well, this is an unusual conversation to stumble upon. I thought we'd agreed none of us bothered with that magical rubbish? Still losing sleep over it?" Oscar raises a brow at Jack as he seats himself with his breakfast tray. Despite all that had gone on the night before, at worst he just looks a little tired.

fella

Bryan took another slow bite out of his orange, and once he swallowed the bite, he lethargically set the half-eaten orange aside and placed his head down on the table. "Yeah, I'm not hungry..."
Page 84 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus