Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 18[ 705 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Re: Ghost Fables ~ Dead Thread Chapter 2Topic%20Title

~~Questions Arc~~

~~Chapter 2~~

“What a great start!” Gideon praised himself. “Already, we have another riddle on our hands. Soon finding the impossible one will be like finding a piece of hay in a haystack.”

He turned to his readers. “What do you think, everyone? I was thinking two or three murders this time would really spice things up.”

Shy guy

"You really are insane, aren't you?" Albrecht grumbled. "You were always pretty odd, but you've really let yourself go after your death."

“Lemme ask you something, father.” Gideon seemed to be changing the subject, but his eyes lit up like he was setting a trap. “How long have you been here? Any estimate will do.”

Shy guy

"What? It's been maybe... three hours since I died," Albrecht responded, glaring at Gideon warily.

“That’s how much the story has progressed since you’ve been here.” Gideon rolled his eyes. “I want to know how long you have been here.”

Shy guy

"Three hours," Albrecht insisted stubbornly. One of his eyelids twitched.

“Have you realized already then?” Gideon laughs. “Or is that old stubborn brain of yours refusing to admit an alternative answer?”

The group was in the foyer, so the ticking of the grandfather clock was especially prominent. As one began to focus on it it would get faster... then slower... then much, much, much faster.

Shy guy

Albrecht stared into space, transfixed by the clock. Then he groaned, and clutched his head. "What's... happening? This isn't right! God, no wonder you're all insane!" He looked around at the others in the space fearfully, as if seeing them in a whole new light.

[Scene Music]

"Exactly right." Gideon smiled, but this time it was clearly one of a depraved and starving animal. "I've been here for one thousand eternities. Unable to eat. Unable to sleep. Unable to shit. Unable to orgasm. Unable to feel anything--you could say I'm insane, but more than anything I'm empty. And seeing you die in my perfect closed room was the first time in a long, long, long time I've felt free from my eternal boredom."

He sat at the desk, penning the next part of the story furiously. "I have decided on my next victim. I will kill two people I loved while alive, for no other reason than because I can. Because closed rooms are the only joy I have left in a cruel afterlife, even if--no, especially if it comes at the expense of my wonderful family!"

Shy guy

"But... it's only been two years since you died!" Albrecht said desperately, hoping against hope that he could avoid this terrifying fate. "And you've shown up in the living realm too, even only some could perceive you! Is this the price you pay for dealing with the devil?" He glanced fearfully at Edelfäule.

Sleeping is my life.

There was the sound of a thump as the others looks to see where the sound came from. The source of the sound simply was.... Harley Nicholas von Brandauer. He was lying on the ground, clutching onto his stomach.

"Augh... Augh..." Harley mutters shortly realizing he didn't feel any pain coming from his stomach. "Huh? That's weird. I didn't feel any pain right now." He slowly got up onto his feet and patted down his clothes. And then when he took a look around him, he was shocked.

"What the heck?! One moment I was getting away in the Mercedes Benz, and the next moment, I'm... here? Where am I?" Harley asked clueless as he looks around. The first thing that caught his attention was... his father.

"F-Father? Is that you? For real? I saw your corpse and yet... What are you doing here?" The auto mechanic asked, shocked as he approaches Albrecht to make sure it is really him.

"Ah, Harley." Gideon shook his head. "Showing up here before your body is even revealed--breaking my toys even in death."

JesusMonroe wrote:
[Scene Music]

"Exactly right." Gideon smiled, but this time it was clearly one of a depraved and starving animal. "I've been here for one thousand eternities. Unable to eat. Unable to sleep. Unable to shit. Unable to orgasm. Unable to feel anything--you could say I'm insane, but more than anything I'm empty. And seeing you die in my perfect closed room was the first time in a long, long, long time I've felt free from my eternal boredom."

He sat at the desk, penning the next part of the story furiously. "I have decided on my next victim. I will kill two people I loved while alive, for no other reason than because I can. Because closed rooms are the only joy I have left in a cruel afterlife, even if--no, especially if it comes at the expense of my wonderful family!"

"...You are blessed, Albrecht..! You had a place in Gideon's plan..!"

Angelo extended his arms outwards, basking in his presence. He didn't even realize Harley had already arrived, as he was too distracted by Gideon's graceful mind.

"And the more time goes on, so too will others join us here..! Isn't it wonderful..? We're witnessing his magnum opus right in front of our eyes..!"

Sleeping is my life.

Harley's head turns toward Gideon and lets out a surprisingly shrill scream, given that he was 44 years old.

"Gideon?!" Harley shouted, shocked by what he was seeing. "... And wait, what do you mean 'before my body was reveal'?" However, the mechanic didn't need to be told the answer as the truth dawned onto him right away. He was dead.

"Oh..." He mumbles as he pouts and cross his arms. "Damn... What'll happen to my auto garage? I'm even not sure if my boys are able to take over the business... They're not prepared and not even young adults." He then looks towards his brother.

"Alright, Gideon. Since I'm here now, there's one thing that I want to know." Harley narrows his eyes. "What's your deal?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"Is this the price you pay for dealing with the devil?" He glanced fearfully at Edelfäule.

“I don’t make deals with two-bit hacks who write stories I use to wipe my ass,” Edelfäule snarls, picking at her eye rot with one of her clawed hands. As she digs some out, it’s clear that more grows to take its place.

“Anyway, I see you killed the mechanic in the car, you really must have strained your asshole making this one, huh?” she turns away from Gideon and regards the new blood in the room. “Sorry that your brother gets his writing tips from kids who are still in diapers.”

Shy guy

Albrecht was a bit too shocked by the whole 'time' thing to properly react to Harley showing up. Once he collected himself a little, he said. "So you're next, huh... It's a shame you died before making anything of yourself. You always had so much potential... but I suppose you were always content to squander it. Perhaps it would have made no difference."

He pulled a face at Edelfäule's behaviour, clearly revolted. "I can't tell which is worse: having to go along with Gideon's nonsense, or your vile existence. At least the other fellow is clean."

Sleeping is my life.

"Father, you didn't have a part in the path I chose to take... I'm happy with the decisions I made to get to where I am right now." Harley snaps back at his father. "Don't make such a big fuss about it. We already have had this conversation before..."

"Ugh, just thinking about the events leading up to my death make my head hurt... There's stuff that I don't understand." He mutters to himself as he rubs the temples of his head.

"Then why not try to solve what happened? At this point there are several mysteries and you will drown if you continue to make no progress." He eerily chuckled. "Perhaps it would be best if you don't think about what the right answer is, but what a 'possible' answer is."

Shy guy

"If I can solve all the mysteries but one, then the one remaining has to be impossible?" Albrecht concluded. "Very well! I refuse to fester and go insane in this place! I'll have to leave my own murder aside for the moment, but there's two more of the blighters I can focus on for now. More to come, too, I imagine," he spat. "I don't suppose we have any indication of when either murder took place? I'd venture to suggest both of the fresh murders have to have the same culprit due to the extreme similarities between them, but that's only assuming a second killer didn't see the first and decide to copy the method. Either way that won't explain the 'closed room' aspects though. You and your closed room murders... I'll never understand your obsession. Never."

"That's the spirit! I'll even give you some red for free to get started."

[Scene Music]

"Julia's murder. The only exit to the wine cellar is the single door. Not that I'd use anything as trite as a secret passage. Furthermore, the only way to lock the cellar from the outside is the wine cellar key. There is only a single wine cellar key, and no copies exist."

It was clear he was having fun, the sick bastard. "Harley's murder is no different. Only one key to the car exists. All doors to the car were locked, and all of the windows were closed."

Shy guy

"Can the cellar be locked from the inside?" Albrecht asked. "Somehow my memories of Geistfabel are muddled..." It was clear he deeply regretted having to rely on Gideon for anything.

Of course. Not much point to a lock if you can’t do it from the inside.”

Shy guy

"And you need the same key to do so from the inside as well?" Albrecht pressed. "I don't like these... magic words of yours. They can be 'true' and yet mislead us!"

A key is not required to lock the cellar door from the inside, it’s a manual lock. I believe this applies to all doors in fact, but I would rather not risk saying anything wrong with the red.”

Shy guy

"I assume the cellar was unlocked initially, before any of this madness began?" Albrecht asked.

"You see, it's obviously impossible for Ingrid to have killed Julia. As a woman she wouldn't have the strength to disembowel people so thoroughly! Therefore the key is probably unrelated. Maybe Gideon just planted it to mislead us," he said, not enough of a murder mystery fan to use the term 'red herring'. "The closed room had to have used some other method! If the door can be locked without the key, albeit only from the inside, then that's a promising avenue to explore."

“Everyone visited the cellar on the house tour. So yes it was initially unlocked.

Sleeping is my life.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Then why not try to solve what happened? At this point there are several mysteries and you will drown if you continue to make no progress." He eerily chuckled. "Perhaps it would be best if you don't think about what the right answer is, but what a 'possible' answer is."

"Says the one who ended my life right in their own car!" Harley snaps, but realized what he said and shakes his head. "No. That'd be very stupid if I assumed that. As such, it would be breaking Knox's 2nd commandment." He recalled the Knox's Commandments since Gideon have explained the rules to him back when they were both alive.

And then Gideon revealed that Julia is dead.

"What?! Julia didn't deserves to die like that! She's too nice and... Sigh. You really liked your locked room mysteries, huh, Gideon?" Harley said as he roll his eyes. "Fine, I'll try to figure out the mysteries then."

"So... About father's death... I suspected that there may be a trick to make the room be a locked room and it involves the chain. The killer would have to have the chain in place, but not all the way in as they'd need to use something to pull the chain into place... And once the chain is pulled into place, the locked room is created." The mechanic mulls over the information. "Only issue is that the chain mechanism is in a blind spot as it's on one side of the door and the killer is on the other side..."

"Though, I suppose it's safe to say that father's bottle of heart medicine was inside the room prior to the room being locked. But why was one pill outside the bottle? My guess is that it was likely taken out by father in an attempt to take his medicine since he sensed an incoming heart attack. But the killer knew that and probably knocked the pill out of his hand and then took the bottle of heart medicine just so father can suffers a fatal heart attack due to being unable to take the medicine. I bet the killer couldn't find the pill for some reason."

"Although... I don't know if that's how Gideon would wanted the first locked room mystery to be carried out." Harley theorized as he scratch his head.

Shy guy

Albrecht perked up at Harley's words. "You saw Gideon 'kill' you too? I suppose that keeps it consistent, then. We both saw 'Gideon' kill us, when perhaps in reality it was someone else. If we knew who did it I suppose we'd know the crimes weren't impossible, which would defeat the whole purpose of Gideon's inane exercise."

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"So... About father's death... I suspected that there may be a trick to make the room be a locked room and it involves the chain. The killer would have to have the chain in place, but not all the way in as they'd need to use something to pull the chain into place... And once the chain is pulled into place, the locked room is created." The mechanic mulls over the information. "Only issue is that the chain mechanism is in a blind spot as it's on one side of the door and the killer is on the other side..."

"That's not an answer regardless, Harley." Gideon sighed. "You can't just say the killer put the chain into place with 'some method' without describing it."

Sleeping is my life.

"Alright, you wanted me to explain the method in which Albrecht's killer pulled the chain into place? Very well then." Harley said as he cross his arms. "For this method to work, you'd need a certain something. But when it come down to that certain something, there's two factors you need to consider: that something must be long enough and it must be able to accomplish the task of pulling the chain into place."

"There's three possible things that I think could fits the requirements: a string, a piece of tape, and a wire. Recall how the chain mechanism was in a blind spot due to it being on one side of the door and the killer being on the other side... We should probably think about the pros and cons of the three items in question."

Spoiler:
String
Pros:
1. Anything can be used as a string since they works similarly (ex. fishing line, thread, yarn)
2. Can fasten the string into a lasso on one end. (Which would be put on the pin to pull the pin into place
Cons:
1. Could be tricky in removing the string from the pin (if the killer failed to remove the string from the pin, it'd be discovered.)
2. The thinner the string is, the more fragile they are, meaning that the killer would have to be careful to not tug too hard.

Tape
Pros:
1. Sticky and can be latched onto the pin in order to pull the pin into place. (Depends on what kind of tape, the stickiness and how long it takes for it be peeled off the pin)
Cons:
1. If a thick tape is used, it could be tricky to peel it off the pin since the door needed to be blocked by the chain, preventing the killer from peeling the tape with their own hand. Not to mention that the chain mechanism is in a blind spot.
2. If a thin tape is used, it could be tricky to both pull the pin into place and peel off the tape. If not careful enough, a piece of the tape can break off and remains on the pin.

Wire
Pros:
1. Bendable, meaning that you can bend it into a hook or a hoop and get it on the pin to move it into place. The hook/hoop would be fascinated on one end of the wire.
2. Wires come in different thickness, so the most common used wire would be the thin one. (Though, any other thickness could works, except...)
Cons:
1. Depending on the thickness of the wire, can it holds its form? Can it be bended if pulled too hard while getting the chain into place, if the wire was bent with a hook on one end?
2. Depending on how the wire was bended, it'd be difficult to move the wire without it falling out of its intended place until the task was accomplished.

"As much and I wanted to pick one of the three objects in question, there's a 1/3th chance that I'd get it right. And the only issue is... Are we sure someone did check the chain mechanism? Far as I can tell, nobody checked the chain mechanism... Right? Otherwise, we'd be going in circles on this topic..." Harley explains.

And then he listened to his father talk about Gideon.

"Oh, so that's it... When we saw Gideon 'kill' us, it was really Gideon hiding the face of our real killers. And like you said, father, if we knew who our killers are, it'd make solving our deaths much more easier, which is really stupid. Gideon would wants our deaths to be mysteries that we have to solve on our own..." The mechanic said quietly.

“Very, very good Harley!” Gideon praised. “You’re doing much better than we were kids. Still, I need only to strike those down with a single attempt. It’s impossible to set or unset the chain from outside the room. There isn’t much point to a chain lock where that would be possible.”

He laughed as he said the red, perhaps intentionally giving Harley hope earlier that his theories would be possible.

Edelfäule sneers with distaste and hocks a glob of mucus and rot in Gideon's direction, "Rat bitch. You know you can't win so you're just trying to draw things out with useless discussions aren't you?"

She turns to the recently deceased, staring with her gooey eye sockets, "Hey do you want to bury this has-been and take a piss on the final utterance of his name? I'll make this lesson real easy and in no time we'll be rid of this nobody and have all the bloody shit scraped out of his bedpan." She picks up one of her Red Bull cans and punctures the bottom with one of her nails and shotguns it.

She shakes her head vigorously and turns to Gideon, "Okay Saftsack, I'm going to use blue truth now. That means that if you're too mentally weak to refute my blue truth with some red truth, then my blue truth becomes true in your story, and then I'm the fucking captain, got it?!"

"Let's start real fucking boring-like then. "One of the occupant's of Ingrid's room murdered Julia using the key to the cellar, regardless of whether or not it was originally in the box given to Ingrid. They then put the key inside of a box and placed it inside of their room. The killer stayed in Ingrid's room, locking themselves inside the room and hiding."

Shy guy

"Now it's blue truth?" Albrecht scoffed. "What's next, yellow truth, which is only true while the sun is up? How am I supposed to counter anything with 'red truth' if I don't even have any evidence, anyway? I could come up with 10 different ways that weak theory is wrong, but without proof I just have to sit back and accept it as gospel?"

"This is simply the 'rules'... though I did not expect to see blue this early." Gideon sheepishly smiled. "I am the only one meant to counter with red."

Spoiler: Rules
All that's necessary to advance is to explain how a mystery is possible. The explanation can be absurd as long as it is ultimately possible (doesn't contradict any red truths). To get red from Gideon:

1) You can simply ask him a question or say 'Repeat it'. If Gideon doesn't repeat it, it's possible it means something.
2) You can use the blue truth which is 'Any possible theory of the riddle that doesn't contradict existing red truths'. A blue truth HAS to be countered with a red truth otherwise Gideon has to acknowledge it as a possible solution.

Edelfäule growled, "This guy's a real cheap fuck. Question everything. These crimes are only 'impossible' because of what he chooses to tell us."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Let's start real fucking boring-like then. "One of the occupant's of Ingrid's room murdered Julia using the key to the cellar, regardless of whether or not it was originally in the box given to Ingrid. They then put the key inside of a box and placed it inside of their room. The killer stayed in Ingrid's room, locking themselves inside the room and hiding."

Gideon's eye twitched just briefly, cracking his smile. This blue was... quite thorough, "At dinner, Ingrid received the key to the cellar in the present. From that point, the present never left her side until she opened it. And of course, the only time today Ingrid used the key on the cellar door was when everybody had discovered Julia's crime scene."

Shy guy

"Hmph, ridiculous... Fine! I'll try this out, then," Albrecht grumbled. "Let's start with some of Verrier's ideas. The killer dismantled the car's door, or removed the window pane, in order to gain access to the inside while it was locked."

"Why the fuck do you care? I'm helping you, Nazi inbred," the demon swings her long arm and almost cuts Albrechts throat with her pointed fingertips. "If the Ghost Wichser doesn't refute me, then it must because I'm right on the money, and then my words can be accepted as true and we're one step closer to ending this whole thing."

After Gideon responds, Edelfäule cracks her neck. "So the key wasn't used by Ingrid, but probably was used by the killer. Plus, the killer hiding in her room is possible as well."

Shy guy

"Or the key wasn't needed in the first place," Albrecht countered irritably, stumbling a little as he veered backwards. "As I said before, it's impossible for someone like Ingrid or... her roommate, whatshername, to gut a person so thoroughly. Any scenario where the key is used needs to account for that impossibility! Seems much simpler to me to assume the key wasn't used."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Hmph, ridiculous... Fine! I'll try this out, then," Albrecht grumbled. "Let's start with some of Verrier's ideas. The killer dismantled the car's door, or removed the window pane, in order to gain access to the inside while it was locked."

"Beyond the brake line being cut from the outside of the car, the car was never altered in any mechanical way for the crime. It functions exactly how Gideon intended--you can only lock the door from the outside if the door is closed."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
After Gideon responds, Edelfäule cracks her neck. "So the key wasn't used by Ingrid, but probably was used by the killer. Plus, the killer hiding in her room is possible as well."

"I didn't respond to the killer hiding in the room possibility because the rest of your theory was dismantled. It does not stand on its own as a theory, thus there was no need to refute it."

Shy guy

Albrecht nodded. "Alright then. The killer put a different key inside the car, then swapped it out for the real one after we found the crime scene. This way they can lock it from the outside."
Page 2 of 18 [ 705 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus