Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 11 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Voting PhaseTopic%20Title

Shy guy

"You're not the only one with questions." Ben reminded Quarter. "What's your SC?"

ASCEND

"Hey, guys," Sette says, getting out of his pod. "Guess we'll be spending a little more time together, huh?"

Sette sighs and continues, "So, uh, I dunno what K-9 and Ben told the rest of you guys yet, but that escape locker was a trap. Sure, I got 9 SC's from solving the puzzle, but it was a 'limited-time offer,' so they were taken away by the time I got back here. That bookworm thing never even told me, so if I hadn't checked my bracelet just before trying to door, I woulda been fried! ...So yeah, I think we should be careful about trusting anything that guy says ever again."

Hearing Quarter's comment, Sette hastily adds, "Oh, so you saw what was in that Pod then? I- I had nothing to do with that. I just opened it after I got back to this room and saw... h- her... I'm not really sure what happened there, but... she had definitely been s- stabbed before I opened it. I'm not really sure how all this happened..." Sette glances down at his bloody clothes and mumbles, "Porca miseria... That was my best shirt!"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Trix waved his hands to indicate Quarter had the wrong idea. "Hey Quarter, I don't know if you heard from in the pod but there was footage on the computer that suggested Sette wasn't the guy responsible." He said looking over at Sette "Though it did show you taking a knife from the pod...and it seems you might have something to do with the kidnapping in that article, so there's plenty to answer for" he added.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Abbot stumbled out of his pod. "O-oh," he said, checking his SC. 9SC. "Wow, she actually did it."

He looked around at the others, especially Leeloo and Quarter. "Wait, you didn't vote Ally on purpose?" he asked Leeloo. "Or...was that not you who spoke to me....?"

ASCEND

"Oh yeah, the knife!" Sette shouted, "I think I left that in my pod." He gestures in the direction of Pod 7. "You guys can check that if you want."

"Yeah, that knife was in Pod A. When I opened the pod, I heard some kinda popping noise that got the blood all over me. And then the Bookworm was talking in my ear, tellin' me to pick up the knife and get into my pod... I think it was yet another of his attempts to frame me, but it sounds like it didn't work, at least."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

There is indeed a bloody knife back in Pod 7.

Abbot leaned over and nodded, seeing the knife in the pod.

A sudden thought occurred to him. "Should...should I take the knife with me through the exit?" he asked the group. "Just so...there isn't a weapon left behind. N-not that I think any of you would use it!" he added quickly. "But perhaps it'd be...safer that way."

Gettin' Old!

Trix narrowed his eyes "Maybe you should wait until we can figure out what happened with your vote before you talk about taking the knife and leaving."

He gestured to Sette "So...what happened when you went through the exit door?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

Pierre wrote:
He gestured to Sette "So...what happened when you went through the exit door?"

"Like I said, I never went through it. That escape locker brought me right back here, and by then I had already been brought back down to 1 SC. If I had touched the escape door, the Bookworm would have killed me for breaking the rules..."

"So, after that I was stuck here, but I noticed a message on the computer that said Pod A was openable. So I looked to see what was inside... and I already mentioned what happened after that..."

"Oh, yeah..." He adds, "After I got stuck in my pod, I also got the chance to vote early. I just picked Ally and hoped for the best... Looks like it paid off, at least." He quickly shows his bracelet, which is now back to 3 SC.

Abbot scratched his head. "Someone Whispered to me that they were planning on voting Ally. I'm pretty sure it was Leeloo, based on what else was said." He cast the young woman a glance. "I don't know if she decided not to do that but somehow someone changed her vote, or if she's lying now, but I followed the information I had, and now I can escape. And I'm going to."

Turning around, Abbot headed for the exit, leaving the pod room.

Happy Maria

The worried players follow after Abbot, and they see him in the main hall, next to the exit door. Is he serious?

Abbot stopped in front of the exit door. He looked at the panel that read 9SC and taking a deep breath...he reached out and opened the door.

Happy Maria

The exit door does indeed open.

Shy guy

Ben gave a cheerful thumbs up. "Godspeed, Abbot! Send help!"

ASCEND

Sette smiles and says, "Yeah, good luck! Don't forget about us though..."

"Also, can someone fill me in on what happened after you guys left those rooms real quick? I couldn't hear a thing in that pod..." Sette asks.

Abbot's nervous demeanour changed - his back straightened and he turned back to look at the others, a small smile gracing his features. It turned into a smirk at the others' words.

"Hey Quarter," he called out. "If all went according to plan, you have 9SC too. Looks like you'll have the chance to REALLY prove yourself without that dumb idea for us to all vote Betray. But now that you could leave...will you stay?"

"And Leeloo...figured you'd want to stay, since whoever you're looking for is here," Abbot added, and pulled a note from his pocket, waving it slowly.

With those parting words, Abbot left through the door.

"Farewell, Abbot, good luck!"

Unity smiles after him, apparently not noticing any change in his demeanor.

"What a nice young man! That should do it then, we have hope at least. You should leave too, Quarter."

"Now Leeloo, what's Abbot talking about? Are you at liberty to say? Why would you know someone is here?"

No other way than to make this mistake.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Farewell, Abbot, good luck!"

Unity smiles after him, apparently not noticing any change in his demeanor.

"What a nice young man! That should do it then, we have hope at least. You should leave too, Quarter."

"Now Leeloo, what's Abbot talking about? Are you at liberty to say? Why would you know someone is here?"

Leeloo bluntly says, "... I never spoke to him. I don't know what he's saying."

Happy Maria

Suddenly, a loud shriek is heard and a thud. The players all get as close to the exit door as they can. They see it clearly- Quarter is on the floor, a bloody knife in her chest. It's the same knife that was in Pod 7. And standing above her is Abbot, a strange look in his face. He takes something from her hand and examines it.

"…Soporil. I see."

He shakes his head, more annoyedly than sadly, then continues walking away.

The players clearly get a good look at Quarter. It's quite apparent that she is dead. Her bracelet is on the ground near her. Before they can see anything more, the door closes abruptly, obscuring their view of the body as well as everything on it. Either way, one thing is for certain- both Quarter and Abbot are no longer with them, though in very different ways.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Wed May 02, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unity shrieks.

"Claudia! Dammit! Sh-!"

Unity looks frazzled and upset, and rushes to the body, trying desperately to stop any bleeding or anything, becoming stressed as she is unable to do anything. Her calm breaks and she begins to cry.

"Dammit! Dammit! She's..."

(nevermind)

Last edited by Datamatt on Wed May 02, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(sorry she's on the other side of the door rip. Just pretend I rushed to the door instead)

Happy Maria

(What Nanjo said.)

hi

"Claudia?" K-9 asks. "Her name was Claudia then, huh?"

Seeing Unity in despair, he walks to her side, placing an arm on her shoulder. "Calm down. Everything will be alright. I'll get us out of here as soon as I can." He glares at the door. "I'll make sure that scumbag pays for this."

ASCEND

Sette looks out at the scene, his face twisted in horror. "Wh... What? I don't think we can bet on getting help anytime soon..."

"D- Does anyone even know who that guy was?" Sette shouts, referring, of course, to Abbot. "Was he one of the Zeroes or something? Why would he just randomly stab someone and leave?!"

"I... That's... Thanks K-9... Yeah... She was a good friend..."

In this moment, Unity looks frail. She's always been one of the oldest people there, but the stress of seeing Quarter die makes her look alone and afraid and weak.

"H-hopefully... Yeah I'll try to stay calm. Hopefully that twisted monster is not the only one to escape. We are all so far from nine though... And we only have one more chance."

She struggles to stand again, her legs nearly buckling beneath her.

Sock

"Good god!" Gemini screams. "I-.. I.. Why?!"

She stands next to Trix, swaying back and forth nervously, tears rolling down her face.

(Edit: I'm dumb)

Unity stares blankly at the door. Still clutching onto a vague hope that something will happen, trembling.

"Well... A kidnapper, a murderer... Those are the two articles we found in the pod room right? I theorized earlier that Zero brought the culprits of both cases here..."

"Would Abbot's actions fit the M.O. of Serial Killer X?"

hi

K-9 shook his head. "X only kills politicians. Unless Quarter was one, it's outside his M.O."

Happy Maria

"Hey, y'all!"

The players, still in anguish, slowly turn around to face their frolicsome foe.

"Huh? I leave to have lunch for just a second and now you all look so glum? What's up with that?"

"Well, whatever. I'll be leaving now anyway. But first, I figure I'd tell you the requirements for each door now. Undergrowth's requires the players to have a prime number of SCs, Diversion's needs the players to have less than 5 SCs, and for Ice, the number of SCs you possess should be a Fibonacci number, if you even know what that is."

"Basically, take one, then one again, and add the two to get two. Add one to two to get three, then add two to three to get five. Just add the number before to the current number to get the next number in the sequence. Pretty simple, right? So anyway, that's it! Toodles!"

The Bookworm disappears from the screen before the others can even chime in.

Happy Maria

[Please decide your room configuration and such in exactly 48 hours from now. Room phase will last 4 days this time instead, to save on time.]

"Right well... Quarter... Claudia was a paraspyschologist and a researcher. I've known her since we were both very young, and have kept contact with her since, even as we went into our own career paths. I did not recognize the child in pod 'A' if she did have some relation to Claudia. She was no politician. Perhaps he just did not want anyone who would follow him and learn who he is."

"I suppose... I can go through Undergrowth or Ice. Whoever wants to go with me is fine."

Shy guy

Ben was staring into space, contemplating his total inability to have done anything to stop Abbot. He may have clashed with Quarter, but he recognised what she was going through, how painful it must have been for her to see the child in Pod A. And now Unity was going through the same. "Doc... we're gonna find our way out of this. We don't have to play by the worm's game. We're gonna make it out, an' then Abbot an' the Zeroes is gonna have to play by different rules. Our rules."

Turning his gaze to the doors, he pointed at the first on the left. "I'll take 'Ice'. Nice'n short, like me name."

hi

"I haven't revealed my SC count yet, have I?" K-9 presses the buttons on his bracelet, revealing the number: 5 SC.

"I found another bracelet in the laundry room. The instructions said I could only use it this round, so I used it to ally twice. Looks like I can go through the Undergrowth or Ice doors."

Gettin' Old!

Trix instinctively moved a protective arm in front of Gemini as the sudden surge of events went on. "W-what just happened." He wrapped his arms around Gemini giving her a comforting hug seeing her in tears.

"I-I don't get this. He was free...why would he do that?" His eyes fell on the late Quarters bracelet. "Maybe he's ensured we'll never find out what happened here...covering his tracks?" He said picking up the bracelet to examine it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

[Quarter and her bracelet are both on the other side of the exit door, so they can't be seen.]

Leeloo stared at the exit door in complete shock at the events, unable to do anything. After a while, she lowers her gaze to the floor in contemplation, rummaging through her pockets. After a few seconds, she adds, "He stole my note from me. But why? I don't get it..." She says, sighing. "I suppose I am not making it out anymore with my SCs... Anywho. Looks like I can only go through the Diversion door."

ASCEND

"Well, there's probably some way we can all get outta here..." Sette mumbles, "Cause, I mean, otherwise, I think everyone here would have no hope of getting out... For now, we should focus on setting groups for these rooms."

"Anyway, I can go through all of these doors, so I don't really care where I'm put."

"Also, seriously, can someone just go over what happened before the last voting phase real quick?" Sette asks again. "Cause I'm feelin' pretty lost."

"I cannot think of much that you missed. After the doors, we spoke together about the rooms, you were the only one missing. My room, the rest room, told us a story of how this was once a Nazi WWII base. They were experimenting on something called ice nine, an ice that stays frozen at high temperatures. That's what the nine in the middle of the main area stands for. It was all dumped in the ocean though after an Allied spy gave away the coordinates to the base."

Unity wrings her shaking hands.

"Anyway, after that we went to the pod room, and saw the dead girl in the pod before it quickly closed. Claudia seemed upset, but Trix found a video of you on the computer showing you not killing the girl, which lines up with your story. We didn't see it since the computer shut down. After that, we were able to calm down enough to do the vote."

"I'm pretty sure you know the rest."

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded breathing deeply to try and remain calm. "Ben also said that you were the one who retained their full memory. Think we talked a bit about how you might have had something to do with the kidnapping."

Trix adjusted his cap on his head "Guess Zero considers your sins the worst if that's true? Could you please tell me about your past?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 11 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus