Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 3 of 18[ 705 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next

Re: Ghost Fables ~ Dead Thread Chapter 2Topic%20Title

KamiPanda wrote:
Albrecht nodded. "Alright then. The killer put a different key inside the car, then swapped it out for the real one after we found the crime scene. This way they can lock it from the outside."

"You're getting the hang of it, father! This is the part where I return your serve to say the key was not swapped out. The single key to the car was on the passenger seat before Fritz broke the window."

Shy guy

"I can keep this up all day! I'll get to the bottom of your inane mysteries, just you watch!" It was hard to tell if Albrecht was proud or angry. "If that really was the key in there, then it needed to be put back in the car after use. The killer wound up the window most of the way, locked the door from the outside, then slipped the key through the crack while holding the window open with their fingers. Some kind of weight was placed on the window crank, so that when they took their fingers out, it was pushed down and closed the rest of the way."

KamiPanda wrote:
"I can keep this up all day! I'll get to the bottom of your inane mysteries, just you watch!" It was hard to tell if Albrecht was proud or angry. "If that really was the key in there, then it needed to be put back in the car after use. The killer wound up the window most of the way, locked the door from the outside, then slipped the key through the crack while holding the window open with their fingers. Some kind of weight was placed on the window crank, so that when they took their fingers out, it was pushed down and closed the rest of the way."

[Scene Music]

Gideon was somewhat impressed that his father had the stamina to keep up with making new theories, though he wouldn't admit that. "All day? Hmmmmmm. I think sooner rather than later I'll have you on your knees begging, 'No more, no more! All the crimes are impossible!' The car door cannot be locked from the outside without the key. Furthermore the key never passed into the car from the outside while the door was locked. And it's already been stated in red that the key was in the car before it was broken into."

Shy guy

"These 'red truths' can tell us so much..." Albrecht muttered. "Though I suppose you've been spying on us all this time, haven't you? You already know all the details, so you're free to reveal anything on a whim." Still grumbling, he settled into silence, trying to come up with a new theory.

Sleeping is my life.

"The key to the Mercedes Benz was on the passenger seat? That's weird." Harley said as he thinks about this. "Prior to me being killed by my killer, the key was in the igniter as I was driving the Benz so... How'd it end up on the passenger seat?"

"Speaking of which... Why the Mercedes Benz? There was an Audi in the garage, so I could have picked that one instead of the Mercedes Benz... And yet, I went with the Mercedes Benz. How did my killer knows I was going to pick the Mercedes Benz?" Harley asked as he mulls over it. "I mean... The Mercedes Benz was custom-made to be locked from the outside... Was there even anything special about the Audi...? There have to be a reason why the killer knew I was going to take the Mercedes Benz..."

The mechanic thinks about the cars carefully since he definitely saw the cars with his own eyes, and mumbling to himself. He's probably mumbling about what he knows about the cars and their features. Who knows?

JesusMonroe wrote:
"I didn't respond to the killer hiding in the room possibility because the rest of your theory was dismantled. It does not stand on its own as a theory, thus there was no need to refute it."

"Then refute it you sniveling little weasel! Refute me! "The killer took the key from Ingrid's room by walking into the room before any occupants locked the room. The killer took the key out of the present at an opportune moment and left to kill Julia, keeping the bedroom door unlocked. The killer then came back and placed the key back in the present. The killer then stayed in the room, regardless of whether or not the door was locked in the morning."

"Now this time, tell me what's really wrong with my theory, and I'll beat your ass back again," Edelfäule balls her fist threateningly at the author.

"Didn't I just tell you? At dinner, Ingrid received the key to the cellar in the present. From that point, the present never left her side until she opened it. And of course, the only time today Ingrid used the key on the cellar door was when everybody had discovered Julia's crime scene. Additionally the bedroom door lock is not relevant. And while I'm not even obligated to give you this much red, I'll still say that Nobody was ever hiding in the bedroom Ingrid and Mia shared."

"So, what? Speak clearly to me. Ingrid opened the present last night before the killer took the key to lock the wine cellar." Edelfäule's hair begins to rise into the air, her irritation with the situation increasing. "You mention that the gift stayed by her until she opened it. Therefore, she herself must have opened it before the door to the cellar was locked by the killer."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"So, what? Speak clearly to me. Ingrid opened the present last night before the killer took the key to lock the wine cellar." Edelfäule's hair begins to rise into the air, her irritation with the situation increasing. "You mention that the gift stayed by her until she opened it. Therefore, she herself must have opened it before the door to the cellar was locked by the killer."

"And I will continue to tighten your noose if you insist on this theory. When the present was opened for the first time, it was Ingrid who opened it. At this time, the wine cellar door was already locked."

JesusMonroe wrote:
Doctor Nanjo wrote:

"And I will continue to tighten your noose if you insist on this theory. When the present was opened for the first time, it was Ingrid who opened it. At this time, the wine cellar door was already locked."

Angelo laughed discreetly from the background as Edelfäule continued to get rebutted.

Shy guy

"Might as well get this out of the way, can we rule out suicide?" Albrecht asked.

"As for theories, it's a long-shot but you've shut down a lot of avenues with all that red stuff... What if Friedrich, upon breaking the back window of the car, leaned in to stab a merely unconscious Harley under the pretence of unlocking the door? Far too convenient for my liking but I suppose it's best to rule these things out."

"Nonsense, father. Those are the exact kind of theories I want you to be pursuing. Harley was murdered by another person. And let's also say Harley's corpse was not touched by Fritz, or stabbed post-mortem. And of course Harley was dead before the window was broken by Fritz as well."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Angelo laughed discreetly from the background as Edelfäule continued to get rebutted.

"Get the fuck out of here, concubine! Why even listen to the story if you're not going to try?" Once again, Edelfäule throws her energy drink can at Angelo.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Get the fuck out of here, concubine! Why even listen to the story if you're not going to try?" Once again, Edelfäule throws her energy drink can at Angelo.

Angelo doesn't move away from the can, letting it bonk him in the forehead.

"...I don't have to be a player just yet," Angelo moped, not reacting to the can at all. "But if you want me to offer something up, then how about this?"

He pointed a finger cloyingly at Gideon.

"I don't know about Julia's death, but for Harley, the key was stuck in the passenger seat, right? Meaning no one locked the car from the outside. Harley or the killer must have locked him in the car, and the killer hid somewhere inside. The trunk? Under the seat! Doesn't matter!"

Harley was alone in the car at the time his corpse was discovered and when the window was broken.

BEECH

Julia casually walks into the mansion, humming to herself and adjusting her apron. She walks into wherever everyone is seated at and stops, her eyes open wide as she notices the people that exist in the current location.

"What... Mr. Harley... Mr. Albrecht? M-Mr. Gideon...?! Angelo's here, too?!?! Goodness, what is going on here- AAAAAH!" Julia shrieked, startled by the literal demon in front of her.

NIKI_4829 wrote:
Julia casually walks into the mansion, humming to herself and adjusting her apron. She walks into wherever everyone is seated at and stops, her eyes open wide as she notices the people that exist in the current location.

"What... Mr. Harley... Mr. Albrecht? M-Mr. Gideon...?! Angelo's here, too?!?! Goodness, what is going on here- AAAAAH!" Julia shrieked, startled by the literal demon in front of her.

"Oh, dear. Ms. Julia, you look like you've just seen a ghost."

Sleeping is my life.

Harley looks to Julia who was apparently late to the party.

"Well, Julia, welcome to our little party. If you're wondering why you're here, then know this: you're dead. 'Killed' by Gideon." Harley explains before he realizes something about what the head maid said.

"And... wait, did you say that Angelo's here?" He looks between Angelo and Julia. "You two know each other?"

"Oh, it's just another one of the Ghost Wichser's meat scraps." Edelfäule looks the new visitor up and down with her rot-filled eye-sockets. "Fuck you to you too. I don't even care you were killed before you were given development by the author. Seems you deserved it."

BEECH

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Harley looks to Julia who was apparently late to the party.

"Well, Julia, welcome to our little party. If you're wondering why you're here, then know this: you're dead. 'Killed' by Gideon." Harley explains before he realizes something about what the head maid said.

"And... wait, did you say that Angelo's here?" He looks between Angelo and Julia. "You two know each other?"

"G-goodness gracious... I... I'm dead? And here i thought I had just fallen asleep while organising those bottles! A-and I had a nightmare! It's like you said, Mr. Gideon did something terrible... but there's no way that's actually what happened, right? That would be silly!" Julia giggled a little.

"...Even in my dream, I think I saw the light... but I didn't want to leave my family behind! So much that I woke up in the cellar again. Well, I'm assuming this isn't the, um, regular world... Where are we? And what were you all up to before I arrived? If you don't mind me asking, of course!" She bowed her head, still smiling, flinching a little after Edelfäule spoke.

"...Erm, yes, I've known Angelo for a while now!" It doesn't seem like she'll elaborate any further.

She remained quiet for a while before addressing Edelfäule and James. "Say, I don't know who you two are! How... should I address you? And I am very, very sorry for the way I reacted earlier, miss! You just took me by surprise, that's all."

"I'm cool-as-all-hell from the freezing fucking wastes of hell," the demon woman says, already frothing from the mouth again with rot. "Call me Edelfäule. I've watched humanity and their stories for tens of thousands of years. I watched the very first societies turn on one another and resort to what would be considered murder today. At that time, it was so sweet to the taste, the most decadent sight to behold. Now the art is perverted again and again by this disgusting bastard," she jabs a thumb at Gideon.

"Right now we're watching tragedy befall the von Brandauer family gathering and trying to solve it like it's some daily fucking crossword. I've got some Red Bull if just the sound of that is putting you to sleep."

Shy guy

"Ah, you're finally here," Albrecht said to Julia disinterestedly, before addressing Gideon again. "Two more murders already? We haven't even gotten anywhere with the previous ones yet..." he grumbled.

"Well, one thing at a time," he continued stubbornly. "The car door wasn't locked via the mechanism in the door, it was blocked by some other means."

The car was locked via the mechanism in the door.

Edelfäule, Albrecht, Harley, and Angelo continued shouting blue at Gideon, and he continued rebutting in red. Albrecht in all his stubbornness refused to admit defeat, yet at the prompting for more solving by Gideon... he simply grit his teeth.

"I... I-I don't even know what's real anymore." He admitted. "Ghosts, locked rooms, red words. I just don't understand."

"Please, father. You have no need to worry. You have eternity with me to solve this."

At that statement, Albrecht screamed to the heavens.

~~Chapter 2 END~~

~~Answers Arc~~

~~Chapter 3~~

The dead had been congregated in the mansion together for long enough. An 'eternity' could seemingly pass in a minute, and while this wore on the newcomers, the other demons seemed to be use to this.

This feeling of emptiness, could somehow be used to.

"Ah, well I may as well give some red on the recent murders." Gideon laughed, realizing he forgot. "Everybody in the foyer could completely account for each other's actions from 6 - 7 AM. Mia and Erik died during that time. By the way, Mia's phone call took place before 6 AM so I will not rule out the possibility that someone in the foyer made that call."

fella

There was a loud thump, similar to when Harley arrived, near the corner of the room. Erik, still dressed in the same attire as he was earlier, stood on shaky legs as he brought a hand to his forehead. Strange. There was no hole there, but... was it a dream?

He then looked around. Uncle Harley, Julia, two men he didn't recognize, his Grandfather, a literal demon who he did a brief double take at... then, his Uncle Gideon.

"Uncle...?" he meekly stammered as he began to step toward him. "Where... Where am I? Wh-What the hell did you do to me?! To-- to everyone?!"

Anger mixed in with his fear and confusion, and his hand clenched into a fist, though he stopped himself from moving any further, figuring it probably wouldn't end well.

Angelo began slow clapping as the other dead residents made their way into the mansion.

"...Say, Gideon, how many more do you think will bite the dust at this rate? The mystery just keeps snowballing harder and harder..!"

He made his way up to Erik and put his hands on his shoulders.

"Isn't it wonderful..? You're now dead! And you died for a purpose..! For a plan! Rejoice! Your death does not go without meaning. It's to fulfill a great art..! You will be remembered for eternity!"

Sleeping is my life.

Upon hearing the thump, Harley was reminded of how he arrived after he died.

"Damnit... It makes me mad that we're being picked off one by one... And the killer hit Fritz where it hurts the most by killing his own son... My nephew." Harley mutters to himself before looking over to Erik. "Well, it should be obvious that you're dead. We're stuck in the dead realm, apparently. Here, Gideon is forcing us to figure out the locked room mysteries... And we're not even anywhere closer to solving the locked room mysteries because of Gideon's red truths."

The mechanic lets out a exasperated sigh after that.

"Hey, if it isn't the trust-fund, hit-and-run, swallowed-a-gun son-of-two-bitches? Yeah, like Gideon's little whore says, at least you've become a part of this story that belongs on the back of a cereal box," Edelfäule kicks back in her chair rudely blocking Erik from moving past her twisted horns.

"Anyway, that Stasi sow bit the bullet too, huh? As expected of you, Ghost Wichser. Once again you've managed to extinguish one of the embers of passion in this tale with your prolific, runny shit."

fella

Erik forcefully shrugged Angelo's hands off his shoulders, beginning to stomp up to Gideon further before being stopped by Edelfäule, who he glared daggers at despite, you know, her being a literal demon. Seemed insulting his parents and bringing up the hit and run hit close to home.

"Story? Art? What the fuck are you all talking about...?"

He glanced towards Harley as he backed away from Edelfäule, giving him a small nod of understanding. He seemed to retain his senses, at least.

"... So, what? You're murdering us to make us into a goddamn story, Uncle Gideon? And not only that, but making us solve all of this?"

He let out an indignant, incredulous scoff, looking up to the man he formerly knew as his uncle.

"Why? Why go through all of this, especially on your own family? I know we're not perfect, to say the least, but still... Is this some sort of entertainment for you? Seems to be for everyone else, but... why you? What drove you to do this, Uncle Gideon? If I can even call you that anymore."

Collin1002 wrote:

"Why? Why go through all of this, especially on your own family? I know we're not perfect, to say the least, but still... Is this some sort of entertainment for you? Seems to be for everyone else, but... why you? What drove you to do this, Uncle Gideon? If I can even call you that anymore."

"Why? Why focus on the why?" Angelo jeered, sitting cross-legged on the floor after being shoved away. He turned to face Erik and gave a leery smile, his eyes as bottomlessly vacant as ever. "Millions of people die everyday without any meaning to their lives. You should be thanking your uncle for providing you with a reason to be! People will finally know your name."

Angelo uncrossed his legs and leaned back. "...Have some fun with it, instead of *whining* so much. What's so good about living, anyways?"

BEECH

"Oh, living can be a wonderful thing, Angelo! Life has a lot of potential!" Julia, who was also sitting down now, said starry eyed.

"It's a shame... I-I did not want to believe we would be seeing someone as young as Mr. Erik over here... Dear God..." She said a quick prayer and wiped a single tear that had streamed down her face.

NIKI_4829 wrote:
"Oh, living can be a wonderful thing, Angelo! Life has a lot of potential!" Julia, who was also sitting down now, said starry eyed.

"It's a shame... I-I did not want to believe we would be seeing someone as young as Mr. Erik over here... Dear God..." She said a quick prayer and wiped a single tear that had streamed down her face.

"Potential..?" Angelo blinked. "Tell me, Ms. Julia. Do you feel like you've lived up to any potential? A mere servant like yourself? What kind of potential is in a profession like that?"

Angelo receded a bit. "No...it's through death where our true potentials are realized. It's through death where we'll be most remembered, forgiven, despised or forgotten."

He began clapping his hands ominously. "And as you all are amongst the first to die here, I congratulate you..! You were all so generously killed off as a part of something magnificent...I do feel a bit of envy, I must admit..."

Shy guy

"I'm not dead yet. I'll be back out there just as soon as I get to the bottom of whatever nonsense Gideon's cooked up," Albrecht insisted, though he sounded less passionate than before. The endless eternities were getting to him.

Collin1002 wrote:

[Scene Music]

Gideon simply shrugged. "I ask myself that often. The truth is Erik, I'm simply bored. Nothing in this world gives me any feeling. Even writing this story right now, I'm just doing it with the hope that the conclusion will satisfy me--make me feel like a human once again. But of course I don't expect you to understand that." He shook his head and laughed. "No, everybody here has a role to play. It might be about to time to start preparing the trial--I hope that will be fittingly dramatic enough for a climax."

BEECH

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Potential..?" Angelo blinked. "Tell me, Ms. Julia. Do you feel like you've lived up to any potential? A mere servant like yourself? What kind of potential is in a profession like that?"

Angelo receded a bit. "No...it's through death where our true potentials are realized. It's through death where we'll be most remembered, forgiven, despised or forgotten."

He began clapping his hands ominously. "And as you all are amongst the first to die here, I congratulate you..! You were all so generously killed off as a part of something magnificent...I do feel a bit of envy, I must admit..."

Julia giggled once more. "I guess... that is definitely the reaction I get most of the time, but I truly enjoyed my time on earth! It was a bit tough, yes, but my impact in the world is not what's most important to me. I was blessed enough to meet wonderful people, work and indulge in my hobbies... that's enough for me!"

"Well, since so many of us have... passed away and Angelo thinks this story will be worthwhile, I'll be here to listen to it! I am not the best at mysteries, though..."
Re: Ghost Fables ~ Dead Thread Chapter 3Topic%20Title

"It's a good thing the Ghost Wichser here matches your skill level then, Julia," Edelfäule quips viciously. Contrary to Gideon, even though she obviously is bored with the story, it's clear that she has no problem making herself feel things. It seems like her time in the wastes of hell left her with something, and it's manifesting itself in her constant negativity.

NIKI_4829 wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

Julia giggled once more. "I guess... that is definitely the reaction I get most of the time, but I truly enjoyed my time on earth! It was a bit tough, yes, but my impact in the world is not what's most important to me. I was blessed enough to meet wonderful people, work and indulge in my hobbies... that's enough for me!"

"So simple," Angelo sighed. "...How can someone possibly be so...simple..?"

He scratched his head and lay back down on the floor. "Well, maybe sooner or later, we can see eye to eye..."

He lay still and didn't move. He remained so still, it was almost like he died. Perhaps.

“Oh, wonderful Angelo!” Gideon praised his fellow ghost. “You get to be a part of this in the end after all. I suppose you were introduced in the first chapter in a sense, so this isn’t a violation of any closed circle. Regardless I can’t wait to see what happens next!” The reasoning was very dubious, but the world was under his rules so it could hardly be protested.

Angelo remained laying on the floor, completely still. It was evident that whenever he was involved with the living, his soul was no longer present with the dead.

"...Indeed, I'm so blessed..!" Angelo nodded, proving all that was said was just a LIE!! "But I must admit...it's strange to observe what's happening from my perspective. It's almost like we're two different people entirely. But that's the genius of a twist like this, Gideon..! Can we get a round of applause?"
Page 3 of 18 [ 705 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus