Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 612 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615 ... 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Gragh my skin is so irritated lately that it's keeping me awake at night. Barely slept last night. Only way I know I did is because I had a dream my girlfriend was living with me and had somehow brought her cat up.

XD Yer life sounds crazy awesome lately Dawn. Which is pretty great to hear considering how crappy things were couple years back.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Thanks, Pierre. :edgey:
Yeah! Life is so great now. Karim is literally the best person I've ever met. We met so randomly but I feel like it was meant to be in a way. :bellboy:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

The Real Human Being

Spoiler:

DoMaya wrote:
Spoiler:

Whoo, it's da boi.

Karim is still here! Sadly he leaves on Tuesday. I'm gonna miss him so much. Buuuuut at least I spent a shit ton of time with him~ :edgey:

How is everyone?

I've felt worse.

Milky wrote:
How is everyone?

Okay I guess. Feeling somewhat better than I was last month. Here's a picture of a stray cat.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Milky wrote:
Karim is still here! Sadly he leaves on Tuesday. I'm gonna miss him so much. Buuuuut at least I spent a shit ton of time with him~ :edgey:

How is everyone?

You really wanna hear how my life is stuck in the same place for the last 10 years and I cannot get myself to move on? How I scrape any money together I can find, to put into my bank account, so the monthly fee for it won't result in putting it into the red? How I would gladly kill myself, if I was sure that reincarnation and a second chance at life was what would happen? How I regret a ton of shit I've done over those past 10 years, which includes my fucking training as a cosmetician because it was a waste of money since I can't work in that field?

Quote:
Here's a picture of a stray cat.

Thank you. I feel better now.

C-A

The Real Human Being

Woo, two poems in one month, August is good to me.

Happy Maria

DoMaya wrote:
Woo, two poems in one month, August is good to me.

Funny you mention that. Recently today, two different strokes of inspiration hit me near simultaneously. Going to send them to a magazine I know. If you like I can post it here.

Anyway, wish me luck everyone! :maya:

That just makes me really sad, Cat. By all means though, if you don't mind sharing (or venting) go for it.

Happy Maria

My muse is here. This is the first poem I've written for the magazine. I've dubbed it....

Spoiler: The Monsoon Gloom
Darkness enshrouds me
Little I can see
O Great Sunshine!
What has happened to thee?

No time to sleep
No time to scrounge
With heavy footsteps
I run to the lounge

I look at the time
Barely a quarter to nine
Somehow the day has only started
And already away the light has been carted

Says I, Good Lord!
What a horrible fright!
If it is morning
Why does it appear to be midnight?

This question to be answered
Does not take long
Soon the clouds start singing
Singing their mournful song

Their tears fall slowly
Crashing on the grounds
They splish and splash
And make other sounds

Thus I understand
Everything makes sense
For of their water
The clouds do dispense

The date is roughly a month after June
And so thus starts the monsoon gloom

Thunder roars
And lightning strikes
Those sounds are one of
My prominent dislikes

And yet I enjoy
The aura they make
The moody glum atmosphere
For God's sake!

Even in the morning hours
Though it's so dark
It's rather enjoyable
And leaves quite a mark

Meanwhile, the splatters of raindrops slowly intensifies
This is wherein the true beauty of nature lies

The monsoon gloom, unloved and underrated
The love of its mood is understated
Some people like summer, which is fine
After all, not everyone likes darkness at a quarter to nine

But still, it is not to be feared
Nor is it to be leered at
The monsoon darkness is loving
Much like a pet cat

It is simply the rain
The beautiful tears of the sky
Would you be afraid or be mocking
If your friend started to cry?

And thus, as I think this
The great mourning ends
The sky brightens and the sun shines
They have finally made amends

Even though the aura does no longer loom
Forever I shall remember it
The Monsoon Gloom.

Hope you enjoyed. I decided to go for a more archaic writing style this time.

And yes, this is based on my personal experiences. Monsoon's just started over here and I love it for obvious reasons.

My wrist was hurting and it turns out to have been an issue with the perilunare bone. Doc cracked it and I had to wear a zinc-cast for a few days. I hate those casts, they take forever to try and then they just itch.

C-A

Happy Maria

HOLY CRAP IT'S RAINING HARDER THAN DWAYNE JOHNSON OUT THERE

The funny part is that I go home by bus so when the downpour began I was helpless and had to walk home from my usual spot trying not to get myself too wet. The water was nearing knee deep honestly. Probably going to relax and try not to worry about the possible flood at the end of all this.

The Monsoon Gloom indeed.

I'm so exhausted and sore. Good thing I finally have a day off tomorrow, but I wanna cook when I get home. Despite being so sore.
I can't wait to go home and help Karim find a shiny Salandit. Spending time with him is so great. <3 Apparently I'm pretty lucky. He spent 2 days looking for a Dratini (1% chance). I grabbed his 3DS and found one within 5 minutes. Proud moment for me. XD

We play a Kirby game together also and he's jealous at how OP I am. :redd: I'm at the final boss and I have the highest level armor and weapon in my class. When I'm done I'm gonna just buy all of the equipment. Just to have something to do.

I'm just babbling now. Haha.

In Justice We Trust

The solar eclipse robbed me of a rare opportunity today. There was a figeater beetle flying around in the courtyard at my workplace, and after crashing into several walls and windows, it finally landed on a palm branch mere feet away from the second-floor railing. I almost never see those guys hold still long enough for me to take a picture, so naturally, my first thought was to grab my phone and take a picture. Alas, I couldn't get a good angle without getting the sun in my eyes, so I had to go inside and borrow some eclipse glasses from a coworker. However, the glasses made it impossible to see what was on my phone's screen, so even at the right angle, I couldn't tell if the beetle was in the shot. A coworker opened the door behind me mere seconds later, hitting me in the process and scaring the beetle off before I could figure out a way to get the picture.
I'll always love you, Max.

I downloaded and finished all that I could in the Monster Hunter Stories demo. I loved it a lot tbh. I will more than likely buy it next month. Another thing that I've been doing lately is buying a bunch of MtG cards to beef up my deck and make it as aggressive as possible. I can't wait to get them in the mail! :sparkly-maggey:

spoiler: I bought 32 cards... I need help...

OmG, they are planning to release a Rhythm-Dance Game spin-off for Persona 3 and Persona 5.
Okay, Persona 4 I could originally understand. It had some incredibly catchy music and one of the more uplifting soundtracks of the Persona games. But Persona 5? It's heavily dark and based on political and social-normality commentary. Yeah, the music is mostly jazz, but...

Ok, they are also planning a redux of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey... that might be neat. I tried to play the DS version originally, but never made it far.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
OmG, they are planning to release a Rhythm-Dance Game spin-off for Persona 3 and Persona 5.
Okay, Persona 4 I could originally understand. It had some incredibly catchy music and one of the more uplifting soundtracks of the Persona games. But Persona 5? It's heavily dark and based on political and social-normality commentary. Yeah, the music is mostly jazz, but...

Ok, they are also planning a redux of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey... that might be neat. I tried to play the DS version originally, but never made it far.

C-A

Eh, I've only finished the first sector in Strange Journey, but the Redux trailer already has me disinterested. Mainly because of the new character whose design just screams "mysterious girl." Is this just an Atlus thing now? We already had Marie in P4G, and the Radiant Historia remake is apparently doing the same thing (although there it might be justified with the new story route).
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

The Real Human Being

Spoiler: Medicated shitposting
Just took my first sleeping pill ever.

25 mg of diphenhydramine. (zzzquil shit)

2 nights ago I could not sleep, It was too hot, and even after sitting in bed for 2 hours I was still wide awake.

Eventually I managed 2 hours of sleep, and went to work miserable.

I'm not letting that happen tonight.

I need to be up in 7 hours, work early.

I guess this would be the first time I've self medicated because of my depression.

I hate how people online will "Self diagnose", which is why I never wanted to say I had depression without being told so by a psychologist

I guess I never wanted to do it because I hate thinking I have any more mental issues than what I've been told I have.

Well shit, I was supposed to take 2 of the pills

why the hell would it have them in SINGULAR packages when you need to take TWO of them

Happy Maria

September has started. It's gonna be a busy month for me, but the end soon approaches.

DoMaya wrote:
why the hell would it have them in SINGULAR packages when you need to take TWO of them

To make it easier to go down from two pills to one, without immediately going cold turkey when stopping? I would love to switch back to the 10 mg pills I've been taking in the past, rather than the 20 mg I have right now. Course, it'd be nice to be told I could go down, but I don't know if I'd trust the word of the doc I've been going to...

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
DoMaya wrote:

To make it easier to go down from two pills to one, without immediately going cold turkey when stopping? I would love to switch back to the 10 mg pills I've been taking in the past, rather than the 20 mg I have right now. Course, it'd be nice to be told I could go down, but I don't know if I'd trust the word of the doc I've been going to...

C-A

As someone who deals with medication it sounds a hell of a lot easier to clear up and return rather than picking one tablet out of every dose pod if you were moved down.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Random shower thoughts

If I'm rigorous in checking for typos in my program, does that make me a programmer nazi?

Aren't pinches just really painful massages over a very small area?

Aren't legs just tails but used for supporting us instead?

If Danganronpa removed the trial and dating sim parts and the pink blood and actually made you think would it be called Zero Escape instead?

Might've overdone it with some of these.

Anyway here's a terrible Indian meme

I love some of these.

I especially like the extremely terrible nurse who not only doesn't question the lack of injuries on this body, but also has to ask him for his blood group. O- should do no matter what. Geez

Also why does Chintu call the nurse sister? Is she a nun or are they related? Explains why he so casually asks her for blood at least

Speaking of blood, I noticed the marks on my arm from the blood tests I took a couple weeks back have vanished. Yet the mark from my very first test when I was 8 on my other arm is still there. Weird.

It sucks to be a hypochondriac. I'm so hyperfocused on bodily sensations and potential diseases, and I just wish I could forget all this stuff sometimes. I know this worry doesn't make sense and isn't rational, yeah, but it is just so fucking difficult to control it. My problem has never been depression, really, but this kind of anxiety/neurosis hinder your daily life in such a way that it is impossible to not feel miserable sometimes.

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
It sucks to be a hypochondriac. I'm so hyperfocused on bodily sensations and potential diseases, and I just wish I could forget all this stuff sometimes. I know this worry doesn't make sense and isn't rational, yeah, but it is just so fucking difficult to control it. My problem has never been depression, really, but this kind of anxiety/neurosis hinder your daily life in such a way that it is impossible to not feel miserable sometimes.

What are you afraid of when you start to feel this anxiety and think about diseases?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Karim is going back home next Saturday so he can start the process of finding another job, finding an apartment, and having us move in. I really don't want him to go, but if we really want to move in together it has to happen. In a few weeks I will be going back to Canada to take the CELPIP test and see my results. I'm not nervous about it because English was my first language and the test is to see how good my English is. I have high hopes. I'll probably stay a week or two and then come back home again and once he's moved in, I can give my job my resignation and move in with him.

Happy Maria

Good for you. A surprising amount of people with English as their first language suck at it.

Is that a thing with most countries? Do you have to be fluent in their native tongue to become a citizen there or what?

Thankfully, I'm not one of them.
Apparently I need to know English or French to be able to take the test. I mean eventually I want to learn French just because. Thankfully my boyfriend is fluent since it was his first language and French and Spanish (my second language) are very similar so it shouldn't be hard.
All I know is the test (CELPIP) costs about $250 USD and I have to save up for it. Then I'll get my results and post them into my immigration application and just go with the flow from there.

Socot wrote:
Good for you. A surprising amount of people with English as their first language suck at it.

Is that a thing with most countries? Do you have to be fluent in their native tongue to become a citizen there or what?

There is an appalling amount of people that have atrocious English, despite being native speakers. It just makes all those English posts written by people who don't have English as their first language super ironic, since those tend to be correct and yet apologize for their 'bad English'.

I dunno if it's something you have to do, but I think at least knowing some of the native language of the country you're moving to is a good idea. I don't know if Germany wants you to be able to speak at least some decent German (I doubt it), but since English is a school-taught language here, most people know it. So, as long as you can communicate some way...

Quote:
Thankfully my boyfriend is fluent since it was his first language and French and Spanish (my second language) are very similar so it shouldn't be hard.

Canadian French?

C-A

Happy Maria

Yeah, really. TBH English isn't even a hard language compared to others

As for the second part, the national language where I live is....nonexistent. A good deal of people here can at least speak English

Is there a particular reason why Canadian and Normal French are different from each other? Is it like Spanish and Portugese?

Anyway, on the topic of languages, I've been feeling a bit ashamed of my lack of knowledge in programming languages, so the past few days I've been relearning C++. For some reason it's way more annoying than I remember it to be.

CatMuto wrote:
Canadian French?

My boyfriend is Haitian and he was born in Quebec. His parents only spoke French for most of his childhood.

A good night's sleep. What is that? People say you feel refreshed after one.
You guys have any idea what I dream of? I have STORIES happening in my dreams. Full videogames occuring, with lots of running and talking and things happening. I'm exhausted after a dream like that cause I wasn't resting, I was busy saving the universe. (Or destroying it... one or the other)

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
A good night's sleep. What is that? People say you feel refreshed after one.
You guys have any idea what I dream of? I have STORIES happening in my dreams. Full videogames occuring, with lots of running and talking and things happening. I'm exhausted after a dream like that cause I wasn't resting, I was busy saving the universe. (Or destroying it... one or the other)

C-A

:P That's not how dreams work. They don't tire you out to my knowledge, once you dream you've hit REM sleep which is where the maximum rest happens.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sorry, Pierre, but I have had dreams like CatMuto describes, and thus can confirm they very much exist. In my personal case, I get phases with very active dreams about every other month, lasting for 3-5 days. I have evidence to suggest that I also sleepwalk during these phases, so my brain definitely doesn't do what it should during those times. (But then, I'm not neurotypical to begin with, so my brain doesn't work the same as most people's even outside of those phases.)
A quick google search also tells me that there are plenty of others with similar problems.

(Oh yeah, also hi, CR. Has been a while. :D)

Happy Maria

Yeah, I also have a lot of dreams like those which tire me out. In my case, it's usually because I oversleep due to them.

Anyway, pretty big accomplishment today. Took a quick walk to the park, took one round and came back in 20 minutes. I managed to keep a constant pace throughout, which has been hard for me since the '14 Incident.

Oh, and also, just going to the park and coming back without taking any rounds takes about 15 minutes, which means that I was in the park for roughly 5 minutes. :beef: If I keep this up, maybe I can once again become mean and lean. Eheheh.

Well done! Good luck for your further improvemement. :)

Happy Maria

Thanks. :)

Of course, the most annoying part of these walks is the actual walking to and from the park. I have to avoid all sorts of stuff. Dogs, traffic, terrible pathways, et cetera. I think that's why the majority of my time yesterday was spent outside the park itself. My fear of dogs has decreased, of course. All I have to do is pretend they don't exist and simply go past them. Traffic can be really annoying though. On the way back, there was this huge procession near one of the roads. Thankfully, I managed to use a nice shortcut to surpass that.

The reason I think my time was so good was because I was maintaining a sort of healthy competition with some other people who were walking. I managed to keep a constant pace throughout, and my steps were spaced nicely. When I was walking home, there was another guy there who lived nearby who was also walking at the same speed as me. It made things quite challenging, but also pretty fun. Of course, the worst thing about having such a good pace is when you stop for a second. Thankfully that didn't happen until the end, but I was nearly exhausted after stopping and couldn't regain my pace after that.

I also learned that some people can take their time. When I left for the park, I saw a family with a dog (who live in the same apartment as me) preparing to head out. I also saw a couple of ladies near a car preparing to go as well. When I came back, the ladies were still near the car and the family still hadn't headed out. One of them came towards my general direction, with the dog following them swiftly. For a second, I hesitated. Thankfully, they noticed my hesitation and let me pass safely. Bless them. :edgey:

Funny thing I saw in a park: a couple of ladies were trying to get a young boy (one of the lady's son, I think) to stay still so that they could photograph him. The boy refused. Reminds me of when I was a kid. I absolutely hated taking photos, and made all sorts of faces in them. I still hate them to this day, especially selfies.

The park's undergone some pretty major renovations. The little sides of the path have been repainted (excluding some minor parts) and the pathway itself has been fixed in parts where it had previously broken. If it weren't for all the broken tree stumps, you wouldn't even be able to tell that this park had been a major victim in last year's floods.

Ah well. Here is to the further improvement of my health! *ding*

I am currently watching an uncommentated playthrough of Beyond Two Souls.
I'm currently at the 'My Imaginary Friend'.
So far, the game seems like a convoluted, disconnected form of events that don't answer anything and seems to basically be nothing but Ellen Page, as Jodie, telling 'Aiden' to do something - and I am pretty convinced that Aiden is Jodie's dead baby brother or something. What makes me think that and since when? Since the beginning of the game, during the First Experiment part, when they made implied that Jodie doesn't have powers herself, but it's all this entity that they call 'Aiden'.
I'm hoping the game decides to fit together soon, otherwise I'm gonna question why this 'game' exists.

C-A

It's been a little over a year since I cut someone out of my life and everything has been brighter ever since. Karim is literally the best thing that has happened to me this year. I can't wait to move in with him. I've never been so happy. :edgey:

Happy Maria

Best Star Wars character

Page 612 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615 ... 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus