Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 614 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616, 617 ... 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

@Pierre You are probably right lol. What you say reminds me a bit of Hobbes' philosophy. Too much freedom/lawlessness makes humans return to a primitive, naturally "bad" state.

But on an individual level...
I think some love/couples are the result of conditioning, at least a lot I've observed. It is similar to a guy who comes out as gay later in marriage. He says something like he still loves his wife, and always will. I believe him. He was conditioned to love her. When you act like lovers do, you "love" somebody. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I am personally frightened of the idea of being in a serious relationship just "because", as if it were a business deal or obligation. Adult life frightens me tbh. Too bad I'm starting it.

@CatMuto I never thought seriously of killing myself, either. Mostly because I believe there is always a solution for everything, and because I believe in the possibility of a better future. Tomorrow may happen something that will change my life 100% for the better, and I would never get the chance to experience it if I killed myself today.

If I had suicidal thoughts, tho, I would think there is something wrong with me psychologically, seek help and make radical changes in my life.

@Lord Doitsu Whoa, chill out, m8. It was never personally about you. Not my fault if you interpreted what I said this way, but I apologize nonetheless.

Whatever makes you happy. If you're marrying and happy, great. If you have a religion and is happy with it, great. I even envy you for the last part, because I have too many doubts to have this kind of faith in something.
And I'm certainly judgemental. Guilty as charged. Not even tryin to hide it.

An Enigma Among Humans

Thelema wrote:
@Pierre You are probably right lol. What you say reminds me a bit of Hobbes' philosophy. Too much freedom/lawlessness makes humans return to a primitive, naturally "bad" state.

But on an individual level...
I think some love/couples are the result of conditioning, at least a lot I've observed. It is similar to a guy who comes out as gay later in marriage. He says something like he still loves his wife, and always will. I believe him. He was conditioned to love her. When you act like lovers do, you "love" somebody. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I am personally frightened of the idea of being in a serious relationship just "because", as if it were a business deal or obligation. Adult life frightens me tbh. Too bad I'm starting it.

@CatMuto I never thought seriously of killing myself, either. Mostly because I believe there is always a solution for everything, and because I believe in the possibility of a better future. Tomorrow may happen something that will change my life 100% for the better, and I would never get the chance to experience it if I killed myself today.

If I had suicidal thoughts, tho, I would think there is something wrong with me psychologically, seek help and make radical changes in my life.

@Lord Doitsu Whoa, chill out, m8. It was never personally about you. Not my fault if you interpreted what I said this way, but I apologize nonetheless.

Whatever makes you happy. If you're marrying and happy, great. If you have a religion and is happy with it, great. I even envy you for the last part, because I have too many doubts to have this kind of faith in something.
And I'm certainly judgemental. Guilty as charged. Not even tryin to hide it.

It's okay man. I'm sorry too, for taking it so personally. I guess I'm starting to see where radical hate Christians get their fuel now: Taking things too personal and blowing it out the water. Guess that makes what I said sort of hypocritical.

@Lord Doitsu Nah it's fine. Thinking about it now, if I were you, I might have taken my comment somewhat personally, too.

--

Just came back from a test. Written test, with four questions which demanded long-ass answers lol. Like almost a whole page for each question. Now I just want to take a nap, because I slept terribly last night. I also don't remember the last time I ate something, so I'll probably eat a fruit or anything to avoid hearing my mother bitching again about how I should take care of my health.

Gettin' Old!

Man if I couldn't remember the last time I'd eaten anything I'd have much more than a fruit. Basically a free pass to eat whatever. Any nutrition is better than no nutrition.

Just thinking about it is making me hungry haha.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

I love fruits! Apples, oranges, pomegranates, watermelon....taste great and nutritious!

Tomato is also ok, but for some reason I like having stuff made out of it (soup, sauce) than actually eating it, lol.

I've felt worse.

Last night I went to bed at 10 PM. When I woke up I felt fully rested. Then I checked the time: 10:45 PM. Today I woke up at 4:36 AM feeling just as tired as I did at 10 PM.
What is thing you people call a good night's sleep?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Art Person

I've had times where I've woken up much earlier than normal feeling full of energy, so I get up and start my day early. Then 3/4 hours later the tiredness starts to kick in and my eyes feel heavy. It's weird, like my body's delaying the effects of a smaller sleep.

Happy Maria

I've also been feeling tired lately, but that's mainly because I always fall asleep at 1. I do get lots of sleep, but I think what matters is the time when you fall asleep. Today I'm going to bed at 11:30.

Um, anyway. Today's the first year anniversary for when I joined the site which is nice, I guess. Whoop whoop and all that. Also, 10 days until my birthday. Yay.

I don't know what I consider a good night's sleep. I am the kind of hyperactive/restless person. Even when I am sleepy, I have a hard time sleeping. I refuse to sleep lol. I generally stay awake, either reading or talking to someone on WhatsApp. I always sleep after midnight (no exceptions), or after 1 AM even in most days, and I have to wake up 6:30 AM from Monday to Friday. So I think I sleep on average 5 hours a day.

The only times I feel like I get something similar to a very good rest is during weekends/holidays. Knowing that I have no obligations or nothing to do in the next day makes me more "relaxed".

https://www.numerology.com/about-numero ... day-number

Take a look at this site, and see how much the description of your birthday number matches your personality. I know it looks dumb, but whatever, just try it lol. And see how much it has to do with you.

Gettin' Old!

To cap off the folks all wrestling with sleep times today I've been learning how to help people with Insomnia! (Yeah! *fistpump*)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Thelema wrote:
https://www.numerology.com/about-numerology/birth-day-number

Take a look at this site, and see how much the description of your birthday number matches your personality. I know it looks dumb, but whatever, just try it lol. And see how much it has to do with you.

"You are highly emotional and enjoy demonstrating your love."
That's funny.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

@Pierre Are you a psychologist?

sumguy28 wrote:
Thelema wrote:

"You are highly emotional and enjoy demonstrating your love."
That's funny.

Lmao. I actually did like mine (I was born on the 16th), probably because it made me sound "deep". What's your birthdate?
I've been looking up this stuff, and comparing the descriptions to everyone I know, trying to find "patterns". Trying to see if people I know who are born on the 25th are similar, etc. Just cuz I'm bored.

Gettin' Old!

[quote="Thelema"]@Pierre Are you a psychologist?

Counselling Psychologist in training.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Thelema wrote:
Lmao. I actually did like mine (I was born on the 16th), probably because it made me sound "deep". What's your birthdate?
I've been looking up this stuff, and comparing the descriptions to everyone I know, trying to find "patterns". Trying to see if people I know who are born on the 25th are similar, etc. Just cuz I'm bored.

The 28th.
Admittedly the description for the 16th sounds a lot like me, especially the challenges section.

@Pierre Nice. You do have a psychologist vibe lol. You sound like someone who is not easily pissed off, and somewhat gregarious. IDK if I would have the emotional strength to be a psychologist though. Separating your emotional world from the patient's situation sounds complicated. Or being emotionally controlled around them all the time.

sumguy28 wrote:
Thelema wrote:

The 28th.
Admittedly the description for the 16th sounds a lot like me, especially the challenges section.

I like 28, because 28 is basically 1. And 1 is a "badass" number.
One interesting thing about numerology. The only "real" numbers are 1-9. All the other numbers are just variations of the energy of those numbers.
For example. 16 is 7, because 1 + 6 = 7. And 7 is the spiritual number by excellence. 7, 16 and 25 are all 7 in essence. 13 is 4 cause 1 + 3 = 4, and so on. You always reduce the numbers to a single digit.

Thelema wrote:

The description for people born on the 25th sounds...kind of like me, I guess? I think the part about not communicating my feelings well is the most accurate. The ones for the 5th and 31st definitely do remind a lot of people I know born on those days though.
Signature loading, please wait...

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Yesterday just further proved how much people suck and why I hate them. I almost got into a fight.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Happy Maria

Sure I gave it a shot.
Quote:
Your strengths
You are family-oriented and have a talent for settling disputes between people to the satisfaction of both sides. You somehow know the middle ground. Your lesson in life is to work with the whole subject of balance. You must come to truly understand the ancient and fundamental principle of opposites that seek harmony. Whether the realm is the emotions, caring for others, finances, work, or play, you must learn where you can be of service, exactly what you can do, and what are your limits.

You have a considerable amount of artistic talent. You have a deep appreciation of beauty and art. You are highly responsible and will do without in order to fulfill a debt.

Your focus is on relationships. You want to help others, and have a talent as a healer and could make a profession of the healing arts, either as a nutritionist, alternative health therapist (acupuncture, massage, for example) or doctor.

Your challenges
You need to know you are appreciated. You are given to flattery and vulnerable to praise. Criticism, on the other hand, leaves a very damaging impression on you. You take it deeply to heart. You will sacrifice your own comfort to support and help others. You are generous, kind, and understanding. You can be highly emotional and given to extremes in sympathy and sentimentality. You must learn to provide more than merely a shoulder to cry on. Study and the development of your healing skills brings you great rewards in life.

Okay according to this I'm a healer or something.
Btw I suck at settling debates and I'm a terrible artist.

Anyway this is cool because it reminded me that my birthday is in a week so hurray.

Ugh my cold has slightly been worsening. I woke up today only to hack out some yellow saliva. Yucko.

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
@Pierre Nice. You do have a psychologist vibe lol. You sound like someone who is not easily pissed off, and somewhat gregarious. IDK if I would have the emotional strength to be a psychologist though. Separating your emotional world from the patient's situation sounds complicated. Or being emotionally controlled around them all the time.

Heh well thanks though I'm not really sure what a psychologist vibe is. Perhaps you'd change your mind if you met me. It's not too much about separating your emotions from your self and controlling them entirely. We're all human and many problems are borne from people not being able to express their emotions appropriately as is so it would be setting a bad example if we suppressed ourselves all the time.

I guess it's just about controlling them enough so that it doesn't interfere with therapy too much...as well as not beating yourself up when a particularly sad story stirs something in you. Knowing your own limits.

Milky wrote:
Yesterday just further proved how much people suck and why I hate them. I almost got into a fight.

Hope you aren't including me in that "people" :-P Still what happened Dawn? Sounds like it must've been pretty bad to almost get you fighting.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

They had me (I think) until this part:

Numerology site wrote:
You tend to finish projects once started.

I'll always love you, Max.

Quote:
Your strengths

You are highly ambitious and yearn for independence. You possess leadership abilities and a strong drive for success. Your test in life is to live according to your dream - that is, to have the courage and the stamina to overcome obstacles and win the independence you so deeply want. You possess a sharp mind and fine analytical skills. You have excellent managerial skills. You plan well and can organize people to carry out your plan.

Your challenges

You are often frustrated by routine activities. You can become dull and even depressed if you are bound too tightly to the smaller details of life. In order to rescue yourself from such a fate, it will be necessary to take prudent risks. You must learn to assert yourself. You are a pioneer at heart. You must live up to such a charge.

You can be stubborn and rigid when it comes to ideas that you feel strongly about. Yet, you are a loyal and devoted friend and can be demonstrative of your affections. Conversely, you are highly competitive and can suffer from jealousy when it comes to the success of others, especially colleagues or friends. By using the determination and creativity you possess, you can achieve much success.

I bolded what applied to me. The strength part is not that correct, but the weaknesses absolutely. Though I am trying to not compare myself to people with amazing drawing skills that are also the same age as I am. Or, worse, younger...

Anyone, what y'all up to?
Me? Reading Dai Gyakuten Saiban and DD/SoJ spoilers.

C-A

This description is totally the one of a hardass leader. I also relate to the trait of being stubborn and rigid btw. I'm totally immovable about a lot of issues. Nothing makes me more frustrated/annoyed than when I can "see" something and other people don't. Today, for example, I had a discussion with a friend over small stuff, but I couldn't stop until I convinced her she was wrong.

My new headphones arrived today. The quality of the sound is incredible. Better than anything I've had before. Let's see how many months this one will last...

Thelema wrote:
This description is totally the one of a hardass leader. I also relate to the trait of being stubborn and rigid btw. I'm totally immovable about a lot of issues. Nothing makes me more frustrated/annoyed than when I can "see" something and other people don't. Today, for example, I had a discussion with a friend over small stuff, but I couldn't stop until I convinced her she was wrong.

My new headphones arrived today. The quality of the sound is incredible. Better than anything I've had before. Let's see how many months this one will last...

Thing is, I am really not interested in being a leader. I don't really wanna be 'head honcho' of things. Unless the rest of the group is acting like a bunch of brain-dead chickens, I don't wanna step up.

What brand are they? My headsets are cheap and break every few months, yeah, but I really hate the long cable. (I have to plug them into the front of the computer, cause the back has sound issues, I think) And the only cable-less ones are the earmuff types, which I can't wear for long.

C-A

Happy Maria

Recently got myself a wireless Bluetooth headset. It doesn't hurt my ears at all and I don't have to keep it plugged into any device. Super handy.

Any reason you're just reading DD/SoJ/DGS spoilers Cat? I know you aren't an AA fan but if you're spoiling yourself like that I think you'll get an even more negative impression.

CatMuto wrote:
Thelema wrote:

Thing is, I am really not interested in being a leader. I don't really wanna be 'head honcho' of things. Unless the rest of the group is acting like a bunch of brain-dead chickens, I don't wanna step up.

What brand are they? My headsets are cheap and break every few months, yeah, but I really hate the long cable. (I have to plug them into the front of the computer, cause the back has sound issues, I think) And the only cable-less ones are the earmuff types, which I can't wear for long.

C-A

I won't say I want to be a "leader", but I like to be involved in the crucial decision making of things. Because I see the world as a struggle for power, basically. Everything is power. So, if I don't make an effort to direct a group to the way I want it to go, someone else will. And since I tend to think most people's ideas are crap, this is a disaster, lol.
The only thing that makes me get into "Hitler mode" is group work, tho. I don't normally boss people around. It would be too much work.

It is Panasonic. Some time ago I would refuse to spend so much money on a headphone, but now, I see that buying crappy ones is the same thing, or even more expensive in a way. Because something goes wrong with them all the time, and the same amount of money I spent buying 5 cheap products in X period of time, I could've spent buying 1 decent one.

On a random note, somebody on Facebook threatened to sue me because of a comment I've made on a page. Goddamn, this has to be one of the most hilarious things that happened to me this year...

Thelema wrote:
On a random note, somebody on Facebook threatened to sue me because of a comment I've made on a page. Goddamn, this has to be one of the most hilarious things that happened to me this year...

Depends on what the comment was and how it was written and what it was about, you can just link them to Tidus' infamous laugh as an answer.

I had an epic fall earlier!
At dinner, wanted to learn over and get Chester to stop playing with the garbage bag. Somehow, leaned too far and it was a very slow moment until the chair tipped over with me in it and I hit my head on the balcony door frame. Nothing bleeding, I'm only feeling the pain now, but no dizziness. Main pain right now is in my wrist, cause I landed wrong.

C-A

My comment wasn't anything serious, really. I won't get into details but it was just something that - interpreted through certain perspective - could be seen as offensive to a certain profession. The person who threatened me just blocked me, tho. I don't even know how many people blocked me on Facebook at this point. I've made lots and lots of enemies there lol.

I will assume that Chester is a cat? How many cats do you have?

I thought I hated Radiohead before, and that it was boring, but it is all I can listen to now lol. Great band.

Happy Maria

The shooting from Vegas tonight was a disturbing but disgusting crime. Can't believe so many people died from it. Hope everyone there is safe currently.

Thelema wrote:

Yes. Two cats is the minimum I live with, usually.

C-A

@Southern Corn I'm just so speechless about the whole thing /:
More than 50 people dead. It's just so... idk. I'm not even watching the news, because this kind of stuff makes me genuinely depressed.

CatMuto wrote:
Thelema wrote:

Yes. Two cats is the minimum I live with, usually.

C-A

I was just thinking about how badass the average housecat is lol. My cat bites the head off mice, toys with squirrels, and plucks birds from the sky. Do you have any idea how much skill it takes to catch a bird? I def can't get within 10 feet of one. I have no idea how they do it. I'm impressed. They are like butchers.

Pierre wrote:
Hope you aren't including me in that "people" :-P Still what happened Dawn? Sounds like it must've been pretty bad to almost get you fighting.

It was.
My sister's fiance and I work at the same place, just different departments. So we were getting ready for work. I was in my house and he was at my grandma's house. He went to go get something to eat before he had to go to work. While walking to the pizza place he saw a man hitting a woman and her child was in a nearby stroller. For the child's sake, he intervened to try to stop the fight. The guy starts punching him in the face. My sister's fiance defends himself by trying to gouge the guy's eyes out resulting in some nasty scratches on his eyes and face. Then some other guy comes in from behind and hits my sister's fiance with a hefty table leg and then runs off like a coward. The girl, who is my grandma's neighbor's cousin was taking her abusive baby dad's side like any dumb bitch would. She started talking shit about Teddrick (sister's fiance) not realizing that he's family. Once she found out she walked away and starting talking shit from afar. Because police were around. Oh how wanted to beat her face in. Anyway he was sent to the hospital because he had a collection of blood in his ear. Aside from facial swelling and a damaged ear, he's okay. He's pressing charges too.
Two nights ago my aunt went to the hospital and coincidentally the baby dad's aunt was there with her husband. My aunt was talking about what happened and the aunt heard and said she knows who did it. She said it was both of her nephews and that we should absolutely do everything we can to get them both arrested. They also mentioned that the girl is a very unfit mother and that she should have this child taken away too. Yes, too. Apparently her first child was taken away because they were giving him/her drugs. So yeah... that was what happened this past weekend in a nut shell. I felt that he did what he felt was right, but he was still fucked over in the end. Moral of the story: Trust no one. Just mind your own business. *shrug*

Moral of the story: civil courage never pays out in the end.

C-A

PS: The image of someone hitting a fighter in the leg and then booking it is pretty hilarious though. Whoop whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!

Happy Maria

I can't speak in front of an audience very well compared to a more casual setting. I was reminded of this today at work when I was forced to. Thankfully my fake confidence managed to fool everyone and I didn't come off anxious or anything.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Moral of the story: civil courage never pays out in the end.

C-A

PS: The image of someone hitting a fighter in the leg and then booking it is pretty hilarious though. Whoop whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!

That's a pretty bleak outlook.

I think your sister's fiancé was incredibly brave in what he did. It's a difficult thing to try and force change on others though as really any change would have to come from them though based on what you said about the mother I doubt she's in a place to do much.

Most he can do is press charges, hopefully those people will get what they need.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Thanks to a friend, I managed to get myself Cuphead for free, and man is this game so much fun. Though a lot of the times it makes me wanna rip my hair out. I love the visuals of this game, and everything about it. The whole old timey cartoon feel fits well.

Yesterday I was asked if I wanted to stick with my 9:00 - 3:00 shift on Saturday or if I wanted to work an hour more and be outside trying to get donations for Puerto Rico. Being half Puerto Rican, this means a lot to me so of course I said yes. They also asked me because only 2 other people can speak Spanish at my job.
Next Saturday I was invited to go to AWA with 4 other coworkers. I LOVE animals so of course I want to go!
Then 10 days after that I'll be in Canada again. I have SO much to get done. I have an appointment with an immigration lawyer and I have to take the language proficiency test so I can continue my immigration application. I'm so excited. It's unreal!

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
Yesterday I was asked if I wanted to stick with my 9:00 - 3:00 shift on Saturday or if I wanted to work an hour more and be outside trying to get donations for Puerto Rico. Being half Puerto Rican, this means a lot to me so of course I said yes. They also asked me because only 2 other people can speak Spanish at my job.
Next Saturday I was invited to go to AWA with 4 other coworkers. I LOVE animals so of course I want to go!
Then 10 days after that I'll be in Canada again. I have SO much to get done. I have an appointment with an immigration lawyer and I have to take the language proficiency test so I can continue my immigration application. I'm so excited. It's unreal!

Good on ya for getting involved in the Puerto Rico relief effort Dawn!

Buts what's AWA? I thought I had an idea but my idea didn't have anything to do with animals.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Thank you <3

Animal Welfare Association. I'm not sure what I'll be doing but I heard I'll be around dogs and I'm very excited! I love dogs so much! <3

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
Thank you <3

Animal Welfare Association. I'm not sure what I'll be doing but I heard I'll be around dogs and I'm very excited! I love dogs so much! <3

Ever thought about adopting more dogs in future up in Canada? Im dying to get an opportunity to adopt a cat.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 614 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616, 617 ... 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus