Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 13 of 19[ 741 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
 


Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14155

Look up department policy on dating criminals on the way to the next scene....just in case.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Ask Vesti what his favourite colour is. Also present the police badge to him.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4562

Notice the 'Board Index' button above the thread and explore the other threads on CR.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: You successfully break through the “To be continued” screen, unlocking the next part a day early!
There’s nothing here; the other forum doesn’t talk during the breaks as much as you guys do.


Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016. Time: 3:50 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, Aura Gold’s Office.

When Vesti, Lauren, and Argenta enter the main office, it’s still a complete mess. This isn’t a surprise for Vesti or Lauren, but it is a surprise for Argenta, who shouts, “Whoa! Aura, what happened here?!” Standing next to her desk and writing something on her clipboard, Aura replies, “Someone ransacked my office while I was operating… I’ve already talked about this subject at length, so ask those two detectives if you wish to know more.” “I don’t think that’s important right now,” Vesti says. “I’d rather know what the heck Percy’s doing at your desk.”

Indeed, Percy Graham is sitting in the chair behind Argenta’s desk, playing his 3DS as usual. Vesti quickly looks around the room and notices Dustin Panne standing by the filing cabinets, looking annoyed. He says, “I don’t know what he’s doing. She just got up for a few seconds, and Percy went and stole it.” Aura adds, “Believe me, I’ll be writing a substantial report on his actions today.” “Shut up!” Percy shouts, “This is an important scene, and I can’t hear the dialogue over all your yammering!” “Wow, this is rich,” Dustin mumbles, “He drags all of us over here, and now he’s too busy with his stupid video games to get to the point.” Lauren says, “Not to mention he interrupted our investigation. I had assumed he’d have a good reason for that.” Percy responds, “Y’know, there’s only two words in ‘shut up.’ I had assumed you all had them both figured out, but look where we are now.” Aura writes furiously on her clipboard and says, “Subject quickly resorts to insults to justify his poor choices…” Argenta shouts, “C’mon, Percy, stop being so grumpy! Just get this case over with, and you can play that thing all you want later!”

“Fine!” Percy shouts, as he slams his 3DS shut. He stands up and continues, “But you lot need to quit it with the patronizing comments. I’m already ticked off about all the time I wasted on that pointless investigation, so I’m not gonna put up with any of the badge-presenting tomfoolery you’re all used to!” “I’d hardly call that investigation useless,” Vesti says, “Unless you’re still planning on blaming Dustin for all this.” “Of course I am!” Percy replies, “I didn’t find a single piece of evidence that backed up your aimless, meandering logic!” Dustin mumbles, “What a day, huh? First I find a body, then my cart gets stolen, and now this guy’s intent on sending me to the slammer.” Percy slams his hand on the desk and shouts, “Shut up! I don’t need to hear from the likes of you! You’re nothing but a dirty criminal, and I’ll see to it that you get locked up once and for all!”

Argument: Why I’m Still Right
Percy: In my opinion, this entire investigation was pointless, as Dustin is still the only suspect.
Percy: There is no proof regarding a possible second murder weapon…
Percy: ...as the unusual order of the victim's wounds can be sufficiently explained through other means.
Percy: That leaves a single murder weapon covered in Dustin’s fingerprints…
Percy: ...a crime scene that he was standing in when the murder took place…
Percy: ...and a possible motive hidden in Dustin’s interaction with the victim years ago.
Percy: I believe there is no reason to further discuss this case.

(It seems like Percy isn’t quite willing to admit he’s wrong yet. That’s fine. I’m sure that I’ve picked up some evidence during my investigation that will contradict his accusations. I just have to present it!)

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Er... present Autopsy Report and/or Security Footage (probably the latter) at statement 5, "...a crime scene that he was standing in when the murder took place…" He didn't enter the scene until 12:45, which is I think sufficiently far from the estimated time of death of 12:30?
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4562

Along with that, press statement three. There can be a way you can explain all of that, but is it logical? Also ask whether the entire room was searched thoroughly and anything resembling a weapon was tested for blood. What about the syringe? Is there any way to check whether it was injected or not?

Press statement 6 as well. Was it mentioned that he even interacted with Cammy back then?

If all else fails then present the badge and get penalised.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14155

I heard that challenge! Present the police badge anyway! Then perhaps he'll know how we feel when he constantly plays his 3DS around us.

I'm also in favour of pressing statement 6. I don't think we had the chance to ask Dustin about that and it could be useful.

Then assuming the contradiction with the autopsy report pans out, strike a badass Starsky and Hutch-style pose with Argenta (Really Lauren is more appropriate but I don't think she's got the whimsy in her to play along)
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Kind of forgot about pressing, oops.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4562

Edit:btw Planetbox some typos in the evidence list

Quote:
No one else that Dustin recognizes in ever in the lobby.


Also in Ann's profile where 'Gender' should be written is 'Sex'. I know they mean the same thing but like my mom says* consistency is key.

*this is a lie my mom never says that

Anyway...

Southern Corn wrote:
What about the syringe? Is there any way to check whether it was injected or not?


Never mind this, this was apparently some sort of anesthetic. Though it brings up a question- why would you need to inject something like that into someone who's comatose? Unless...Cammy had woken up from her deep sleep shortly before she was killed. Maybe that's why she was murdered! She probably knew something the culprit didn't want out! The only thing that would fit is the blackout from five years prior. And you know...wait a second. I know who the killer is!

KamiPanda wrote:
Kind of forgot about pressing, oops.


...I'm pressing this.

Kami...you were delighted to join us in this case once it started. We started to have fun, we got along, and made jokes. But most importantly...you had a tendency to press all the testimonies. And now you forget? It seems ...odd. Almost as if you were afraid to press, as if it would incriminate you.

Now, we've been friends for a while. We even went to see the Emoji Movie together. So we know each other's names. And to be honest, I thought it strange when I saw yours in this case. But...I've put it all together now.

Let's start from the beginning. You were a worker in this exact hospital five years ago and was the one who caused the blackout, killing four patients. While I can't imagine your motive for doing so, I think it might have had something to do with one of the patients. Then you noticed Cammy, and that's when you sprung into action. You knocked her out, thinking her dead, and left a suicide note in her office. But she turned out to be alive, though barely, much to your displeasure. But now things were out of your hands.

Then you quit the hospital to try and forget everything. But five years later, you decided to go check back up on her to make sure she wasn't awake. You went into her room sneakily and breathed a sigh of relief as you saw her comatose body lie on your bed. But just as you were leaving, you noticed her snap awake. Realising what information she could have possibly possessed, you injected her with the syringe to put her back to sleep used a dagger that you had brought with you to finish her off. Then you did the weird stuff with the wounds because idk you like messing with us.

Then after everything was finished you jumped out of the window and flew away because you're magical like that. Then you went back into the hospital and used your elite powers to hack the security camera footage and remove yourself entering Cammy's room. Finally, as everything was finished, you decided to join us here under the guise of wanting to play along with us when in reality, your goal was to deceive and delude us into thinking that Argenta was the killer. But unfortunately for you, your plan has just backfired!

This is the truth of this case...isn't it, KamiPanda? Or should I say....Ray Seppson?
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Image
Image
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14155

Quote:
Also in Ann's profile where 'Gender' should be written is 'Sex'. I know they mean the same thing but like my mom says* consistency is key.


Heads up SoCo for this in itself is an incorrect!

Sex and Gender are different! Sex is biological and determined from your genitalia. Gender is a social construct and is what you identify as in your day to day life :basil:
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4562

Oh so Ann doesn't identify as anything good to know I guess.

Edit: yo pb m8 you may think you have the upper hand but I'll get my revenge on you in the best way I can

By making you double post

Edit 2: Electric Boogaloo: yeah you really should've huh
Click on the picture below.
Image


Last edited by Southern Corn on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Southern Corn wrote:
Oh so Ann doesn't identify as anything good to know I guess.


2 l8 m8, I already fixed it so now you look like a goof lol

EDIT: I shoulda seen this one coming tbh
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

EDIT: Oops, I totally forgot about the Starsky and Hutch thing, sorry Pierre.

Spoiler: This is a time of giving thanks... but not to double posts.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Wow this guy is a real dingaling. Does he have a vendetta against janitors or something?
Press that last statement with a look as if to say "really? you're still on this?".
But for real, maybe present autopsy at statement 3? Or at statement 5 along with the security footage, since he didn't go in there until 12:45.
help I forget how these things work


Present: Police Badge: Statement 1

Image

Hoping to get back at Percy for his annoying accusations, Vesti reaches into his pocket and mumbles, “For my first piece of evidence, I’d like to present… THIS!” He pulls out his police badge and proudly displays it to Percy. Argenta laughs in amusement, but Percy doesn’t look particularly pleased. His fists are clenched and his eye is twitching. Eventually, he shouts, “LISTEN UP, YOU LITTLE-”

Suddenly, the double doors behind you swing open, and someone charges into the room, interrupting Percy before he can begin his tirade. Vesti turns around and sees his sister Lita Gates looking around the room. She shouts, “Oh, hey guys, what’s goin’ on here?” Vesti smiles and replies, “Hey, Lita! We’re just having a nice, civilized discussion about who really committed this murder.” He looks back at Percy and asks, “Right, Percy?” Percy, who’s taking deep breaths to calm himself down, ignores Vesti and says, “…Lita, what are you doing here?” “Oh, I’ve just been doing the whole investigation shebang,” Lita explains, “…and I saw these huge doors and was wondering what was on the other side of them. Then, I found all you guys here!” She waves at everyone in the room. “Hi, everybody!” Percy sighs and mumbles, “Whatever… Now, back to what I was saying…”

Press: Statement 3

Image

“Sure, there are other ways to explain those leg wounds,” Vesti says, “But are they logical?” Percy answers, “They don’t have to be. Criminal aren’t always logical. Many crimes I’ve encountered were merely a result of unrestrained emotions.” Vesti replies, “I dunno… Most of the criminals I’ve run into were fairly logical in their crimes.” “Maybe they just looked more so in comparison to you,” Percy says, “Besides, every explanation I’ve presented, while perhaps not logical, is at least reasonable. Unless you can prove definitively that a second murder weapon existed, there is no reason to accept that explanation over any other.” “Well…” Vesti asks, “Did we check any sharp objects at the crime scene for blood? Maybe the real murder weapon was hidden at the crime scene!” Lauren adds, “Yes, I checked a few objects during the initial investigation and after Percy left, but I didn’t find anything… I suppose I never checked the syringe, but you couldn’t stab someone to death with that.” “Exactly,” Percy says, “And you clearly didn’t find another weapon elsewhere, or you would have presented it by now. So, moving on…”

Press: Statement 6

Image

Vesti asks, “About that… Dustin, did you ever interact with Cammy back then?” Dustin replies, “Not really. Since we were both doctors, we ran into each other occasionally and sometimes got to talking. However, I wouldn’t say I knew her that well…” Percy scoffs and remarks, “That’s really convenient… Sounds like the perfect excuse for a killer. At this point, there’s absolutely no reason to believe a thing you say!” Dustin continues, “…but that guy’s not gonna believe it, as usual.” Aura jots something down on her clipboard and mumbles, “Subject’s stubbornness is matched only by his suppressed rage.” Lita shouts, “Hey, Percy, not everyone’s an insane killing machine! This is, like, the fifth time I’ve had to tell you that!” “I thought this was a hospital, not a funhouse,” Percy remarks, “Perhaps if you want to be treated seriously, you should stop mocking me for actually trying to catch the criminal here…”

Present: Autopsy Report: Statement 5

Image

“Oh, we’re both trying our hardest here,” Vesti replies, “The problem is, one of us is wrong… and I have proof!” “Really, now?” Percy mumbles, “Did you actually find something to back up your wild speculations?” “No, but I found something to disprove yours,” Vesti responds, “Something that you were apparently too bent on arresting Dustin to notice: the autopsy report!” “What are you talking about?” Percy responds, “The cause of death aligns with everything I’ve said so far.” “Not the cause of death, the time of death,” Vesti explains. Pulling out the autopsy report, he reads, “According to this document, Cammy was killed at approximately 12:30… A full fifteen minutes before Dustin arrived on the scene!” Percy glares at you skeptically, but takes out his own copy of the report to double-check. His eyes widen in shock as he reads it. Putting it away, he shouts, “What? But- But that doesn’t help either of us! Your original theory called for a murder at 12:45. W- Were you lying about knowing the time of death back then?!” “No, of course not!” Vesti replies, “We got the previous time of death, the incorrect one, from the IV bag… but that’s also where Ann got this new one… I guess we just messed up!” Vesti shrugs. “Wh- What!” Percy shouts, “You ‘messed up’? This is a murder inquiry! …I want whoever made those calculations FIRED!” Vesti shakes his head and replies, “Well, I can’t really remember who it was… It’s probably not an important detail anyway.” “No,” Lauren suddenly remarks, “I personally think this detail could be vital…” Lauren glares gravely at Vesti and continues, “Think carefully… Are you sure you don’t remember who did those calculations?” “Well, it seems kinda rude to call them out on it,” Vesti mumbles, “But… I think it was……”

Who originally calculated the time of death?
PRESENT a profile.

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4562

Suck it pb

...No. I know who you want to present, but I refuse to do it. But...I have to do something before Ray gets here! Argh...

Wait a second! I've got it!

What if the Argenta we saw at the start...and the one we've known the whole time...

Ray, I remember your face very well, even after all this time. I remember when we were looking for each other at our meeting spot. The reason I didn't come to you...is because you looked more feminine than I thought you would be.

:takethat:

Jump out at 'Argenta' and pull off her hair to reveal the real criminal of this case, Ray Seppson! This is the end, my friend! There's no running away! I know now that you also killed Argenta all those years ago as she knew something vital about the blackout, threw the body in a lake after charring the corpse, then pretended to leave the hospital while really taking her place...for five years! Unluckily for you, you decided to revert back to your original self when meeting me, and that's your undoing!

Handcuff Ray while explaining his plan to him. After he breaks down, take him away and laugh at Percy for doubting me.

Man, this was an interesting case this time, you guys. I can't wait for when case 4 starts already.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14155

I half expected Lita to burst through the door and go "OH ARE WE ALL PRESENTING BADGES?" And then bust out here as well.

I suppose the Starsky and Hutch pose wouldn't have worked too well in face of this right now but wasn't it Argenta who gave us the original time?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Technically Chronos Krate told us the time, so present his profile!

Though I am surprised we're pointing out Argenta's suspicion this early on.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

It was Argenta Gold who gave us the original time of death. So, select her profile.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Oh sweet SC did my update for me does that mean I don’t have to write one??
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Was it Dustin Panne...?


Present: Argenta Gold

Image

Vesti mumbles, “It was… Argenta, wasn’t it?” “Hmm?” Argenta looks around the room curiously at the sound of her name. “What did I do?” “Back at the beginning of the investigation,” Vesti explains, turning to Argenta. “You calculated the time of death based on the IV fluid, right?” “Oh… Yeah, that,” Argenta replies, laughing awkwardly. “I, uh… I guess I just did the numbers wrong… Sorry!” “Well,” Vesti replies, “That seems reasonable… I mean, you did just see a body, after all! You probably weren’t thinking straight!” Vesti looks at Lauren, who doesn’t look particularly convinced. Turning his attention back to Percy, he shouts, “A- Anyway… The autopsy report proves that the victim was killed fifteen minutes before Dustin arrived on the scene, which the security footage corroborates. There is no way that Dustin could have committe-” “Shut up!” Percy shouts, slamming his hand on Aura’s desk. His eyes are shut, and he seems to be thinking carefully. An uncertain silence fills the room, but the unease is only deepened when Percy mumbles, “I understand now… The depravity lying hidden behind this case…”

Percy stands up, turns to face Dustin, and says, “Mr. Panne, I apologize for my earlier actions. I was deceived, as we all have been…” Dustin replies, “I’d be more willing to forgive you if you weren’t still glowering at me…” Lita adds, “Besides, it looks like the only person who got deceived here was YOU!” “Yes, yes, thanks for your input,” Percy continues, “Now, as I was saying… The true killer clearly murdered Cammy at 12:30, then used Dustin’s screwdriver to frame him for the crime…” “Oh, I see,” Vesti interjects, “First you stubbornly refused to accept that anyone other than Dustin did this, now you’re gonna randomly change your mind and steal my own logic?” “This is a murder investigation, not a competition!” Percy snaps. “Besides, the circumstances have changed. Before, Dustin was the only viable suspect. Now we have proof that Dustin is innocent, as well as something we didn’t have before… another suspect. Someone who was in the perfect position to commit this murder, and who even committed a heinous act of deceit in order to shift the blame…” Aura taps her pen on her clipboard to get Percy’s attention, glares at him, and says, “I would advise you to think very carefully about your next choice of words…” Percy scoffs, turns away from her, and continues, “The true killer in this case is Argenta Gold. That’s all.”

Argenta shouts, “Wh- What?!” Aura shakes her head and says, “You’re making a mistake, Percy. Argenta is not the type to commit murder. Surely your limited interactions with her would be enough to tell you that.” “As long as I’m basing my deductions on evidence rather than emotions,” Percy responds, “I can’t be the one making the mistake here.” Vesti shouts, “What evidence?! It sounds like you’re just throwing around random accusations again!” “It sounds like you’re letting your emotions cloud your judgements again.” Percy says, “But if you won’t listen to me, perhaps you’ll listen to your partner there… It seems like she’s already figured it out.” “Wh- What?” Vesti turns to Lauren and shouts, “Lauren? D- Don’t tell me you think she did it too!” Lauren turns away, fists clenched, and sighs. “As detectives, we must explore every avenue of this case… Percy, explain yourself.” “Gladly,” Percy replies, “This crime is actually fairly simple in its execution. We were merely delayed because of the murderer’s deceitful tactics. Now, I’ll explain how the crime was committed.” Vesti glances over at Argenta, whose face seems to have turned pale. The sight is fairly disturbing compared to her usual vigor. Vesti turns back to Percy with a newfound determination.

Suddenly, Lita Gates remarks, “Oh boy, now this case is getting INTERESTING!” Percy glares at her, and then he continues with his explanation.

Argument: A New Suspect
Percy: Judging by the IV Bag, the victim was killed about fifteen minutes before we initially suspected.
Percy: This puts the time of death at or after 12:30...
Percy: ...and the only person at the crime scene at this time was Argenta Gold.
Percy: She stabbed the victim with an unknown weapon, left through the front door, and walked to the 5th floor supply closet.
Percy: Confident that the janitor would find the body, she set out to frame him using the technique we discussed previously...
Percy: ...and later, she tricked us into thinking the murder happened while Dustin was in the room.
Percy: As for the motive... the two used to be colleagues. I’m sure we can figure something out.

(I hate to think about it, but could Argenta really have done it? ...I guess that's what I have to figure out.)

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

I don't think Agrenta Gold could have done it. She couldn't frame Dustin because there's evidence that proves that she was somewhere else at the time the framing job was done. And the evidence is... The security footage!

So, Agrenta Gold entered the victim's room at 12:25. She left 7 minutes later... Which would be 12:32, two minutes after the murder. The security footage proves that she actually went straight to the lobby and talked with Vesti Gates from 12:40 to 12:50 when Dustin Panne ran into the lobby, screaming about finding a dead body.

During the timeframe of 12:45-12:50... Argenta Gold was talking with Vesti Gates in the lobby while the framing job was being committed in the victim's room.

Is that not all? Well, here's something else! The other evidence is Vesti Gates' testimony. Argenta Gold was with Vesti Gates from 12:40 to when they arrived at the crime scene.

Which means the framer must be someone else!

While we're at it....

Press Statement 7. Wait a minute! Argenta Gold and Dustin Panne used to be colleagues?! What make you think that?
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4562

lol ur welcome

In all seriousness though, I had a feeling that Argenta would probably be innocent. Good for you, Pierre!

Also, Hanzo, I think they mean Argenta and Cammy being coworkers, not Argenta and Dustin XD Though I think they all were coworkers back then.

Though if Argenta isn't the killer, that really only leaves Sammy as the killer. And I gotta be honest with you guys...I knew there was something to him. Though that picture with Argenta's hair dyed brown seems like a strange piece of evidence but whatever.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Hanzo pretty much did my work for me already.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Would give a new reason for Sammy visiting every day. In doing so he'd be ready if she ever showed signs of waking.

But yeah, for now all I can really say is, go with Hanzo's answer. Seems right to me.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14155

Reassure Argenta with a confident smile that she shouldn't worry and we'll get to the bottom of this then go for that long-delayed coffee.

Then remind myself that we know Argenta and Dustin used to work together since he used to be a doctor here.

But press his last statement anyway. His motive comment wouldn't stand up at all and I'll at least need some kinda speculation from him on why she would attack Cammy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Sorry I’m late, I’m really bad at being productive on snow days.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Maybe press statement 3?
Also if Planet posts responses from here at the top of the updates at the other forum HELLO OVER THERE.


Press: Statement 3

Image

Vesti asks, “How can you be certain that Argenta was the only person at the crime scene?” “I’m sure you’ve seen the security video that was filmed outside the crime scene. It clearly shows Argenta enter Cammy’s hospital room at 12:25 and leave at 12:32. That means Argenta was the only person in the room when Cammy was murdered.” “N- Not necessarily!” Vesti replies, “Maybe the real killer climbed in through the window during that time frame and murdered her then!” Percy shakes his head and says, “Don’t be ridiculous… No one here would have had the stealth to stab Cammy within a foot of Argenta without her noticing. Besides, why else would Argenta lie about the time of death than to cover for herself?” “I didn’t lie!” Argenta interjects, “I was just m- mistaken! That’s all!” Percy turns to Argenta and replies, “If you really were simply mistaken, please prove it with evidence.” “Wha- How the heck am I supposed to prove that?!” “Exactly,” Percy says, “You can’t prove that. If you want to defend yourself, you can’t just throw around pointless remarks and hope it’ll all work out in the end! You need actual evidence!” Vesti sighs, turns to Argenta, and says, “Don’t worry, Argenta. I’ll get this sorted out.” “O- Okay…” Argenta replies, not seeming significantly confident.

Press: Statement 7

Image

“What kinda reasoning is that?” Vesti shouts, “‘Argenta worked with the victim, so she probably had some kinda motive?’ You can’t honestly expect that to hold up in a court of law!” “We’re not in a court of law,” Percy replies, “I only expect you to do your job and arrest a suspect for once. We already have evidence of her guilt. Is it too much to ask that we arrest her now so she can’t interfere with the investigation again, and then conduct another formal investigation regarding her motive later?” Vesti replies, “I’m not gonna make an arrest if we don’t have a motive better than, ‘Eh, I’ll get to it later.’” “Fine!” Percy shouts, slamming his hand on Aura’s desk. “You want a motive? Here you go: Argenta was the one who attacked Cammy five years ago because she wanted her office space, then she waited until today to finish her off in order to pass the incidents off as unrelated. Is that good enough?” Aura Gold responds, “There’s absolutely no way that my sister would kill someone over office space.” “Do you really think that’s supposed to convince me?” Percy responds. “People kill over mundane things all the time! You can’t apply logic to it! The kind of people who would take another’s life aren’t the kind of people who adhere to our logical principles or morality!” Aura sighs and begins writing in her clipboard, mumbling, “Subject has difficulty figuring out motives due to their exceptional lack of empathy.” “Anyway,” Percy continues, “Let’s get back to the actual logic of the crime.”

Present: Statement 6: My Testimony

Image

“Speaking of the ‘logic of the crime,’” Vesti says, “…there’s something about your explanation of events that just doesn’t add up!” “Really?” Percy replies, “And what would that be?” “Argenta couldn’t have been at the crime scene at 12:46…” Vesti explains, “Because she was with me from 12:40 ‘till Dustin found the body!” Percy glares skeptically at Vesti and says, “…I hope you’re not just making things up… Frankly, your occupation is not nearly enough to make me blindly trust whatever you say…” “That’s fine,” Vesti replies, “Because I have something that even you will trust… evidence!”

Present: Security Footage

Image

“Today’s security footage from the lobby confirms everything I’ve just said. Argenta and I can be clearly seen there in the time during which you claim she was trying to frame Dustin!” Vesti shouts, “Unless she was somehow in two places at once, there’s no way she could be the killer!” “Ah, I didn’t think to check the footage from other areas…” Percy mumbles, not particularly fazed by the contradiction. “Hmmm… It looks like Argenta’s plan was a little more complicated than we thought…” “‘A little more complicated?’” Dustin says, “Sounds more like she just didn’t do it.” “Don’t be so hasty in your judgement, Mr. Panne.” Percy replies, “So far, the only thing Vesti’s proved is that Argenta couldn’t have framed you using the plan we previously discussed. The main point of my argument - that Argenta was alone at the crime scene when Cammy was killed and tried to cover up that fact - remains undisputed.” “But Argenta couldn’t have framed Dustin…” Vesti replies, “Which means she must be innocent!” “No, that’s not what it means at all…” Percy says, looking thoughtful. “It actually means that Argenta framed Dustin using a completely different method than we initially assumed…” Percy closes his eyes and contemplates in silence for a few moments, then eventually continues, “…And I think I know what that method was… Allow me to explain.”

Argument: The Perfect Alibi
Percy: The supply closet contains a basket of several spare blue screwdrivers, just like the ones in Dustin’s cart.
Percy: When Argenta entered the hospital room to kill Cammy, she brought one of these spares along with the true murder weapon.
Percy: She used both of them to murder Cammy.
Percy: Then she washed the weapons, hid them somewhere on her person, and simply walked out of the room.
Percy: Finally, she went to the lobby, ensuring that she would be on camera when Dustin found the body.
Percy: But her work wasn’t over yet… She followed him to the crime scene to ‘assist in the investigation’.
Percy: There, she lied about the IV fluid to change the time of death to one during which she was accounted for...
Percy: ...and finally, she discreetly swapped her screwdriver for the one in Dustin’s cart during the busy investigation.
Percy: That way, she framed Dustin while giving herself the perfect alibi!

(Wh- What… How’d he come up with an explanation like that so fast! …There’s gotta be a contradiction here… right?)

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14155

Hmm speculating on it now...Sammy's phone stopped at 12:04 when liquid was spilled on it. He was in the room with Argenta at that time. We know the IV was knocked out so perhaps Argenta could shed some light on that visit later?

Also call out across time and space to the Gods on the other forum to help me ship VestixArgenta.

But strike a dynamic Jojo pose and present the screwdriver at the statement about her placing the screwdriver in the cart.

"But fool! You forget that we found no trace of her fingerprints on the screwdriver! And as you can clearly see....*pirouette elegantly on the spot before dramatically pointing at Argenta's elegant refined beautiful hands* Argenta has not been wearing gloves this whole time! Therefore she could not have planted the screwdriver at that point!"

Then actually look at Argenta's hands and hope that the gloves are not actually there and are not just an unmentioned character detail. The video footage should confirm that she wasn't wearing gloves earlier....hopefully.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4562

Yo Oshalite, how's it going? You should totally join us here, we're having the time of our lives.

Tch, the contradiction that Pierre pointed out is good, but there's a simple rebuttal for that. 'She wiped her prints off'. Though Dustin's prints are still on there...hmm. I dunno, man.

Also press statement 2 and 3. What do YOU think the real murder weapon was, Perfect Prosecutor Percy?
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14155

How could she wipe prints off while still placing it in the cart? Also the room was full of investigators so she'd need to be a bloody magician already to have the sleight of hand to pull this feat off, never mind taking time to take out a conspicuous blue screwdriver and clean it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4562

Ah, true. I was mostly thinking how the latter thing could be disproven by saying 'the police are incompetent lol' but I didn't really think about the first thing so there you go XD
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

HELLO!

Press the penultimate statement. I'm not sure Argenta ever had the chance to do what Percy claims she did, though I could be mistaken. Vesti took great care to make sure she never actually went fully inside the room during the investigation.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Ahahahaaaa whoops. I got overloaded with homework last week, but this week I just completely forgot so I really have no excuse.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Autopsy Report at Statement 3. Wasn't it a single stab wound?


While there was a single stab wound to her chest, there were also the slash wounds on his legs. You are correct, only one weapon was used to kill Cammy, but Percy is saying that the second was used for the frame-up job shortly afterward, so he would just point that out immediately.

Spoiler: I hope I’m not so out of practice that it looks like this update was written by my guinea pig.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Autopsy Report at Statement 3. Wasn't it a single stab wound?


Press: Statement 2

Image

Vesti asks, “Y’know, Percy, you’ve attempted to explain just about everything except the identity of the true murder weapon.” Percy replies, “Well, we’re in a hospital, so there’s no shortage of sharp objects like scalpels or other surgical implements. Also, if Argenta went out of her way to use two weapons, I doubt she would have left the original lying around somewhere… We may never find it.” “But we can’t just give up like that!” Vesti says. “Finding that weapon could be the key to solving the case!” “I highly doubt it,” Percy responds. “We know the killer wore gloves, so there wouldn’t be any fingerprints left behind. And if the weapon came from this hospital, then it couldn’t be linked definitely to any one person… Either way, it doesn’t matter. We already have plenty of evidence pointing towards Argenta. We don’t need any more…”

Press: Statement 7

Image

“Honestly, this seems a little far-fetched…” Vesti says. “Do you seriously think Argenta could have swapped those screwdrivers in a room full of investigators?” Percy answers, “I don’t imagine it would have been that difficult. Those investigators were probably distracted by more important things than the janitor’s cart that arrived after the murder… Not to mention that the screwdrivers were within arm’s reach when standing next to the cart. One could probably switch the two behind their back fairly quickly.” Vesti replies, “Alright, fine… but Argenta didn’t even go into the room! She stayed in the entryway the whole time!” “Is that really true?” Percy gestures towards Lauren and says, “Perhaps your friend there can answer that with more certainty.” Vesti turns to Lauren, who sighs and remarks, “…She did go into the room when we asked her to check the IV fluid… and I don’t recall watching her that closely when she walked to and from the IV stand…” Percy says, “She performed both of her deceitful acts at the same time, then…” Vesti shouts, “Y- You can’t prove she did that!” Percy says, “But I can prove that she was at the crime scene when the murder was committed… A fact which you don’t seem to have ever directly disputed…”

Present: Blue Screwdriver: Statement 7

Image

“You’ve forgotten something again, Percy!” Vesti shouts, “We already checked the screwdriver for fingerprints, and we found those of only one person: Dustin Panne! Argenta’s were nowhere to be found!” Percy gives Vesti an annoyed glare, then raises his finger and opens his mouth to say something, but Vesti interjects, “And don’t you dare say, ‘She wiped them off.’ Dustin’s prints are still there, and there were far too many people in that room for her to clean them off anyway!” “Well, actually-” Percy continues, but Vesti says, “And don’t even think about saying, ‘She was wearing gloves,’ because, if you would just look at her for one second, it is plain to see that she is most certainly not!” Vesti points at Argenta, who, to his dismay, is most certainly wearing blue latex gloves.

{{Also it’s not an “unmentioned character detail” because I literally said she had gloves in the first post of this case smh
Unless I implied she didn’t later, in which case it’d be my fault, but I don’t think I did.}}


The office is filled with a prolonged silence as everyone notices the same thing Vesti already did. Argenta awkwardly waves at everyone, and Percy sighs in annoyance. Lita overenthusiastically shouts, “Oh yeah, nice one, Vesti! Go get ‘em!” “Now, hold on…” Vesti adds before Percy can respond. “Sure, Argenta may be wearing gloves now, but that doesn’t mean she was wearing gloves at the time of the murder investigation. In fact, if we check the security footage, then we’ll know for sure!” Shaking his head, Percy says, “I don’t think that grainy, monochromatic security footage is gonna pick up latex gloves… but it doesn’t matter anyway. The possibility exists that Argenta was wearing gloves, and we can neither prove nor disprove it. So this really isn’t worth discussing…”

“Hold on…” Lauren says, “You said she switched one of the screwdrivers in the bag with one from the basket in the storage closet… but in that case, why would the screwdriver have Dustin’s fingerprints on it?” “Hmm… That’s a good point…” Percy remarks, “…It’s possible that Dustin touched those screwdrivers at some point, but we’d need to conduct some tests to be certain…” “…That won’t be necessary,” Dustin says, looking annoyed. “Unfortunately, my fingerprints were probably all over those screwdrivers… I kept the flathead and Phillips-head screwdrivers in the same box, so I sometimes took out the wrong kind when I needed a replacement… Not to mention I probably rifled my hand through that basket numerous times…” “That’s settled then…” Percy says. “I’ll amend my argument, but I don’t believe any substantial changes are necessary.” {{New statement added.}}

Argument: The Perfect Alibi
Percy: The supply closet contains a basket of several spare blue screwdrivers, just like the ones in Dustin’s cart.
Percy: These screwdrivers had Dustin’s fingerprints on them, just like the ones in his cart.
Percy: When Argenta entered the hospital room to kill Cammy, she brought one of these spares along with the true murder weapon.
Percy: She used both of them to murder Cammy.
Percy: Then she washed the weapons, hid them somewhere on her person, and simply walked out of the room.
Percy: Finally, she went to the lobby, ensuring that she would be on camera when Dustin found the body.
Percy: But her work wasn’t over yet… She followed him to the crime scene to ‘assist in the investigation’.
Percy: There, she lied about the IV fluid to change the time of death to one during which she was accounted for...
Percy: ...and finally, she discreetly swapped her screwdriver for the one in Dustin’s cart during the busy investigation.
Percy: That way, she framed Dustin while giving herself the perfect alibi!

(Wh- What… How’d he come up with an explanation like that so fast! …There’s gotta be a contradiction here… right?)

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Press the penultimate statement again? If she swapped the screwdrivers, then she'd have to have had the one taken from the cart, and would then need to dispose of it at some point.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4562

This post brought to you by Phillips™.

Um, along with Kami's action, press the second statement. W-we need to be s-sure that there are fingerprints on there, j-just in case. R-right?
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14155

Nnnngh that was a very merciful put down, thank you. I think I checked her profile but not the first post for said gloves.

Right I feel I'm losing track of the necessity for two screwdrivers.

If she used both for the murder (even then I don't get why she needed two), what did she do with the other one? Percy's explanation doesn't account for what we did with that one.

But also

Present Heart Monitor at 6

It was only due to Dustin hearing the Heart Monitor (which is in a contradiction itself as he barely heard it and his cart squeaks up a storm) that he even discovered the body.

It's not something that could be planned or accounted for, therefore it makes no sense that she'd stick around in the lobby because she could not know what time the body would be discovered at.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Pierre wrote:
Right I feel I'm losing track of the necessity for two screwdrivers.

If she used both for the murder (even then I don't get why she needed two), what did she do with the other one? Percy's explanation doesn't account for what we did with that one.


There was only one screwdriver involved in the actual murder. He's what Percy's saying.
- Argenta went to the hospital room at whenever she showed up on the footage.
- Argenta stabbed Cammy with the unknown murder weapon.
- Then she slashed Cammy's legs with the screwdriver to get her blood on it.
- Finally, during the investigation she switched the bloody screwdriver for one in the cart to make it look like the supposed murder weapon had been there the whole time.
- Then she left with the true murder weapon and the other screwdriver and ate them or something idk


Also the wheels on Dustin's cart only squeak when they're moving. Dustin stopped the cart outside Cammy's room to get out his mop, so that's when he heard it.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14155

Planetbox wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Right I feel I'm losing track of the necessity for two screwdrivers.

If she used both for the murder (even then I don't get why she needed two), what did she do with the other one? Percy's explanation doesn't account for what we did with that one.


There was only one screwdriver involved in the actual murder. He's what Percy's saying.
- Argenta went to the hospital room at whenever she showed up on the footage.
- Argenta stabbed Cammy with the unknown murder weapon.
- Then she slashed Cammy's legs with the screwdriver to get her blood on it.
- Finally, during the investigation she switched the bloody screwdriver for one in the cart to make it look like the supposed murder weapon had been there the whole time.
- Then she left with the true murder weapon and the other screwdriver and ate them or something idk


Also the wheels on Dustin's cart only squeak when they're moving. Dustin stopped the cart outside Cammy's room to get out his mop, so that's when he heard it.


Alright but if she was wanting to frame him with blood on the screwdrivers, Percy's testimony says she washed them before putting them in the cart.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Yeah she could have just washed them right after the murder
But yeah I forgot to mention that part oops

Also Dustin’s fingerprints are definitely on the screwdrivers in the basket. I don’t really feel like writing a scene where someone leaves to get a screwdriver, brings it back, then tests it to figure that out, though. If not having that scene bothers you too much you could write it I guess idk

Spoiler: insert witty message here
OshaliteX2 wrote:
@ Southern Corn: Well I would except Planetbox over here (I think that's what he's called over there?) won't tell anyone what your forum is. He messed up evidence posts here twice and I think I got glimpses of it when trying to check through the files, but then he fixed it by next time I came around. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE, PLANET??????

Haha wow I sure did mess that one up didn't I?

Present the cart that was moved or something during l'investigation at statement 9!

Did I do it? Did I do it right??


Press: Statement 7

Image

“If Argenta had swapped the screwdrivers as you say…” Vesti says, “then she would’ve had to take the original screwdriver with her, right?” “Indeed,” Percy replies. “I don’t see any problem with that reasoning. Argenta has plenty of pockets that would allow her to hide the screwdriver.” “But where is it now?” Vesti asks, “Without that screwdriver, there’s no proof that your ‘swap’ even happened!” “That doesn’t mean the original screwdriver isn’t out there somewhere,” Percy replies, “We haven’t found the second murder weapon either… Does that mean it doesn’t exist?” Vesti mumbles, “Well, no… I guess not…” Percy explains, “The original screwdriver is most likely in the same place as the original murder weapon, which could be anywhere in this hospital. We have no proof that it exists, but we don’t have proof that it doesn’t either…”

Present: Heart Monitor: Statement 6

Image

“Hold on…” Vesti says thoughtfully. “When you think about it, this entire idea is pretty hard to believe…” Percy sighs and says, “‘Pretty hard to believe?’ I’ve explained myself many times, so you’re going to need more than that.” “Well, think about it this way…” Vesti turns to Dustin and asks, “Dustin, you found the body after you heard the heart monitor, right?” Dustin answers, “Yeah, that’s how it happened.” Vesti continues, “And the door was shut when you got there right?” “Yeah…” Dustin says, “So I only barely heard the noise… Why are you asking?” Turning back to Percy, Vesti says, “Because… Dustin finding the body was completely unpredictable. It doesn’t make sense that Argenta would hang around in the lobby until it was found when it could have been hours before anyone came across it!” Seemingly unfazed, Percy says, “Perhaps… but the fact that the heart monitor was left on seems to suggest that the killer wanted the body to be found, correct?” “No, not really,” Vesti replies, “If they wanted the body found, they would have left the door at least partially open too.” “Well…” Percy mumbles. “We can’t know for sure how long Argenta intended to stay in the lobby.” “You’ve got to be kidding me!” Vesti shouts, “She had a job to do. She couldn’t just hang out in the hospital lobby for five hours! Just face it, Percy. This devious plan that you claim Argenta came up with was based entirely on a completely random, unpredictable fluke!”

Percy crosses his arms, looking more annoyed than anything. Eventually, he says, “…Alright, I’ll give you that. Still, it’s possible that Argenta didn’t plan to switch the screwdrivers but simply capitalized on the opportunity when it arrived.” Aura Gold remarks, “…In that case, Argenta would have stabbed Cammy with a different weapon for absolutely no justifiable reason… Is that really what you’re arguing?” Percy nods and replies, “Of course. As I have said before, most crimes are committed by deranged people, so their actions often lack justification.” Aura glares at Percy then quickly looks at her clipboard, but simply shakes her head without writing anything. Dustin mumbles, “…Are we really sure this guy passed the bar?” “Anyway…” Percy continues, “I cannot yet explain with certainty how Argenta framed the victim while also being seen in the lobby… but Argenta remains our primary suspect, as she was the only person at the crime scene when the murder was committed and tried to cover up that fact. So it appears we have reached a stalemate… Perhaps we should find a new way to think about this case…” Vesti says, “How about ‘what if Argenta isn’t the killer?’” Percy shakes his head and replies, “Well, if you have an explanation for how Argenta could possibly be innocent, then go ahead and present it. Until then, I think it’s safe to assume that she’s guilty.”

Image

Lita suddenly charges into the middle of the room and shouts, “What the heck are you two even doing?” Vesti replies, “Uhh… I thought we were trying to figure ou-” “WRONG!” Lita shouts, “You’re yammering on and on over whether Argenta’s guilty, madly hypothesizing over what she was doing in the hospital, when she’s literally standing right there.” Lita points her thumb at the corner of the room where Argenta is standing. “I know Percy probably hasn’t talked to that many women, but c’mon Vesti, you could just ask her!” “Oh, uh… right.” Vesti mumbles. “Thanks, Lita.” Percy says, “Wait, hold on… What were you trying to imply about me with that comme-” “Hey Argenta!” Vesti shouts, ignoring Percy. Argenta, who didn’t seem to be paying much attention, quickly looks over to Vesti and says, “H- Huh? Oh, yeah, what?” Vesti replies, “I’d like to hear it from you. What were you doing today from 12:25 to around 12:35? …I know there’s no way you did it, but judging by the time of death, it does seem like the only possibility.” “Oh, okay,” Argenta says, looking away thoughtfully. “…Just give me a minute.” Percy sighs in annoyance and rubs his forehead. “This is a complete waste of time. She’s just going to try to lie her way out of suspicion… But fine, if you all feel like this will be worthwhile, then go ahead.” Percy takes out his 3DS again and starts playing it. “…Just leave me out of it.” Aura remarks, “So you won’t be interfering? Good, perhaps some actual progress can now be made in this inquiry.” “Okay…” Argenta says, “I think I remember everything now… Here’s what happened.”

Argument: Argenta’s Explanation
Argenta: Well, I was SUPPOSED to refill the IV Bag at 12:00…
Argenta: …but, well, I sorta… completely forgot.
Argenta: Thankfully, I remembered my mistake after I left…
Argenta: …and that’s why I went back to Cammy’s room at around 12:25.
Argenta: Then, I refilled the bag just before it ran out!
Argenta: That’s why the time of death got thrown off.
Argenta: …I’m sorry for lying, but I didn’t want people to find out that I messed up.
Argenta: So I gave you the right time of death, but lied about the amount that had leaked out.
Argenta: I… I didn’t kill anyone!

(Hmm… If she’s telling the truth, I think that actually explains all the evidence Percy was using to blame Argenta…)

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434

Also, I need a song for the next update, but I sorta forgot to do it lol. Expect a hiatus, I guess. Hopefully it’ll be a short one.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Present security footage at statement 4. She returned at 12:25, not 12:15.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

OOPS THAT WAS WRITTEN BEFORE I FINISHED THE TIMELINE

Don't tell anybody...
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Ah, did think it might just be a simple mistake like that XD

Alright then, I guess first I have a question. How much fluid had actually drained from the bag? I think I've started to lose track of what's going on with it, but, I get the impression it's meant to be the case that it's missing 30 minutes of fluid. If that's the case, then a 12:25 refill is a contradiction, as that would mean she died at 12:55. Or, at least, the needle would have been knocked loose then.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Not gonna lie, every time I tried to think about the exact math behind this part, it just made my head hurt. That's why I tried to leave the exact amount of fluid that was missing ambiguous.

Basically, the point is that if Argenta filled the IV bag at 12:00 or whenever she first visited the hospital room, the time of death would have been sometime during her second visit. But Argenta's saying she actually refilled it early into the second visit, which would place the time of death where it originally was.

Basically, there's not supposed to be an issue there even if there might be.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Page 13 of 19 [ 741 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot?], Lone, TheLetterF and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO