Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 18 of 18[ 707 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 


Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

The sky is the limit!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: I thought I was gonna have to release this tomorrow but apparently not.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Press 3 or present the Window and Hospital Sign at 4, I think?


Present: Statement 6: CT-3 Case File

Image

“Wait, that isn’t true,” Vesti says, “Cammy could only have been pushed out of one of those floors…” “Oh, really? Why do you say that?” Lita asks. “The evidence is in the injury report written five years ago,” Vesti explains, “It said that Cammy’s injuries were consistent with a fall of ‘over three stories.’ Therefore, it’s unlikely that Cammy could have fallen from the second or third floors…” “Ah, interesting…” Lita says, “Wait, hold on! That leaves only one floor, doesn’t it?” “Yes, it does. That means Cammy had to be pushed from the fifth floor…” Vesti turns and points at his suspect. “Which happens to be your office, Aura Gold. Care to explain that one?” Aura Gold falls silent for a few telling moments, but she eventually responds, “There’s not much to explain, really.” “What’s that supposed to mean?” Lita shouts, “Are you saying we’re just supposed to dismiss the fact that an attempted murder happened right in your office?” “I- I think I know what she means,” Argenta says, “Sh- She’s saying that someone else could have committed the murder from her office, t- to frame her!” “That doesn’t make sense,” Lauren responds, “If they meant to frame Aura, they wouldn’t have made the crime scene appear to be a different room entirely.” “While that is true, it seems more reasonable to assume that the crime scene was Cammy’s office, as we initially suspected.” Aura says, “Allow me to explain.”

Argument: Five Years Ago
Aura: Even if Cammy was pushed from my office, that doesn’t mean I was responsible.
Aura: Not to mention, I find it doubtful that she fell from my office in the first place.
Aura: After all, it seems ridiculous to change your stance on a case over a few flowers.
Aura: Remember, a suicide note was found in Cammy’s office, and you cannot prove that it was fake.
Aura: You claim the investigation was insubstantial, but only because it contradicts your conclusion.
Aura: The investigation holds up; Cammy committed suicide out of guilt for causing the blackout.
Aura: Any evidence you have suggesting Argenta committed it is all circumstantial.
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(I’m almost there… I know the proof I’m looking for lies somewhere in this testimony!)

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4539

Can we perform a handwriting analysis on the suicide note?

Press the last statement.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Yes, let's perform handwriting analysis on a computer-written note. Maybe it's a font Cammy would never use? Though looking at the evidence, was the computer-written aspect recorded anywhere?

The note is definitely pretty suspicious, anyway. Press the fourth statement, I suppose.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4539

Hey, how do you know it's actually computer written and not by a person trying to emulate a font?! It's just a theory here!
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14138

Hmm could there be something in the timing? The suicide note was discovered hours after the blackout but how quickly was Sammy discovered after the incident? Would she have had time? Sammy's notes seem to indicate she was seen on a stretcher on the day of the blackout but that's not odd in itself. If we know the time of Cammy's fall we might be able to prove she couldn't have planted the note?

Press the statement about how the suicide note couldn't have been faked.

I mean...that or we get the IT experts at HQ to scan Argenta's hard drive to determine whether it's hidden somewhere in its memory.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

The sky is the limit!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

The computer-written part was written in the CT-3 Case File. Also I couldn’t figure out how to put this in the post so I’ll say it here. Cammy fell from the building a little while after the blackout happened, so there was at least enough time for her or someone else to have written the note.

Spoiler: help
He got confused :(


Press: Statement 4

Image

“If I recall correctly, that note had been typed on a computer,” Vesti says, “Because it wasn’t handwritten, there’s no proof that Cammy made it herself, so it could have easily been faked.” “Just as there’s no proof Cammy made it, there’s no proof I made it,” Aura replies, “Besides, the note was found in her office. If I had written it, then how did I take it there?” “Well, uhh… You could have just walked into her office and left it there, right?” “Not quite,” Aura replies, “While I certainly could have gotten the note in that way, I would have been caught by the security cameras. Based on the great lengths you claim I went to in order to avoid those cameras when I murdered Cammy, it seems strange that I wouldn’t have been worried about them back then.” “Maybe you managed to leave it there without appearing in front of the security cameras?” Vesti says. “If I could have done that, feel free to show me how. But as it stands, there is no reason to name me as guilty over Cammy herself.” {{New statement added.}}

Argument: Five Years Ago
Aura: Even if Cammy was pushed from my office, that doesn’t mean I was responsible.
Aura: Not to mention, I find it doubtful that she fell from my office in the first place.
Aura: After all, it seems ridiculous to change your stance on a case over a few flowers.
Aura: Remember, a suicide note was found in Cammy’s office, and you cannot prove that it was fake.
Aura: Even if it was faked, I would have needed to drop it off in her office, but I couldn’t have done so without being seen.
Aura: You claim the investigation was insubstantial, but only because it contradicts your conclusion.
Aura: The investigation holds up; Cammy committed suicide out of guilt for causing the blackout.
Aura: Any evidence you have suggesting Argenta committed it is all circumstantial.
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(I’m almost there… I know the proof I’m looking for lies somewhere in this testimony!)

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4539

Present the window/gutter on the new statement. I think that explains it well enough.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Makes sense to me.

Dang Aura's like a ninja.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4539

Aura is Hanzo confirmed?????
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Yeah, what SC said makes sense. Cammy's office is below Aura's office. But I think that brings up another issue: Cammy's flowerbox. At the time of Cammy's ' attempted suicide', the flowerbox was hanging outside her office's window. So, Aura would have to get into Cammy's office without stepping into the flowerbox.

Consults with Lauren about whenever it was possible to get into Cammy's office without stepping into her flowerbox.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4539

Southern Corn wrote:
Aura is Hanzo confirmed?????


Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Yeah, what SC said makes sense.


Dang I can't believe we're unravelling so many secrets here today.

Though are we sure Aura/the culprit didn't step into the flower box? Not sure if we've seen much proof regarding that. Was the flower box left untouched after the "suicide attempt"?
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14138

I mean the box was removed right? Or maybe she just used her special Hanzo horizontal dive move to go right over it?

This seems like the only way to run with just now. Perhaps she did mess up the flowers but then got rid of them and reassigned the office to cover it up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

The sky is the limit!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: For each subsequent update, the probability that I will fail to come up with a witty spoilerbox quip gradually approaches one.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Present the window and gutter?


Consult: Lauren Tehra

Before moving on with the accusation, Vesti turns to Lauren and asks, “So, it seems like Aura could have gotten into Cammy’s office by climbing down the gutter and into the window… but if she had, wouldn’t she have messed up the flower box?” “Well, think back to why the flower box was important,” Lauren replies, “We didn’t use it to discount the idea that someone had climbed through the window. We used it to discount the idea that someone was pushed out the window.” “But either one would have left evidence behind, right?” Vesti asks. “Not necessarily,” Aura continues, “To push someone out that window, you’d essentially need to shove them over the flowerbox. This would most likely tear up all the flowers and possibly get dirt all across the floor, if they struggled. But when climbing into the window, it would be fairly easy to simply step over the flowers. So if that’s what Aura had done, it probably wouldn’t have been noticeable in either of the photos.” “Ah, yeah, that does make sense,” Vesti says, “Then perhaps we’re actually getting somewhere!”

Present: New Statement: Window and Gutter

Image

“Actually,” Vesti explains, “There was a way you could get that note into Cammy’s office without being seen.” “Was there, really?” Aura asks, “If so, please do enlighten me.” “Of course. The truth is, you used a strategy almost exactly like the one you used today: you climbed through the window,” Vesti explains, “But this time, you used the gutter on the other side of your office window to do it!” “Th- That’s ridiculous!” Argenta shouts, “How could she have pulled that off without being seen?!” “Hmm… When did Cammy’s injury actually occur again?” Percy asks. “I don’t recall the exact time, but it was definitely pretty late at night,” Dustin answers, “I imagine it was dark enough for anyone on the street to have just missed her.” “Then that must be the answer!” Vesti shouts, “That’s how you got into Cammy’s office and left the note without anyone noticing you!” Aura spends a few moments nervously flipping through her clipboard, but eventually, she stops at one of the pages and starts writing. “Subject does not seem to truly comprehend the meaning of ‘proof.’” “I think I’ve provided plenty of proof by now…” Vesti says. “No, you have simply provided possibilities and conjecture,” Aura says, “If you wish to seriously accuse me of having a hand in Cammy’s injury, then I need to see evidence. However, you seem to have as little proof that I used that gutter as you do that I pushed Cammy out that window.” “Hmm… Well, you’re right. I should be providing proof along with my accusations,” Vesti says, “However, I think I just might have the evidence you’re looking for…” “Well, don’t hesitate, then…” Percy says, lowering his 3DS and pointing towards Vesti.

“Where’s the proof that Aura attempted to murder Cammy?”
PRESENT evidence.

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Aura casually digging her own grave.

Quote:
“Not necessarily,” Aura continues, “To push someone out that window, you’d essentially need to shove them over the flowerbox.



Also wow bringing up the big questions now. Err... present Sammy's notes? Something there probably is what we need maybe.

I was going to point out that Aura insisted she sent Cammy to the breaker instead of Argenta who we now know did it, but that's not really proof of anything other than her trying to cover for her sister.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4539

Can't we ask Argenta to confess? She was most likely the accomplice in the incident, after all.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14138

Southern Corn wrote:
Can't we ask Argenta to confess? She was most likely the accomplice in the incident, after all.


NEVAAAAAAR! We hold on as long as we can.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

An accomplice? From my view she likely knew nothing about this - Aura was trying protect her, I don't think she'd have told Argenta anything.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4539

Oh, right. I forgot that Argenta caused the blackout, not necessarily Cammy's coma. I forgot they're separate incidents. In that case, there's only one possible solution!

Present the police badge.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4539

I just realised that due to F4 this topic will be going on hiatus for a month or so rip.

Can't wait to see everyone's annoyance at the extremely unnecessary police badge present then.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

The sky is the limit!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: I’M BACK BABY
what the heck you guys had like two extra months to make a post how did you goof this up


Vesti considers presenting his police badge but then remembers that it’s still trapped in Lauren’s evidence bag! Ain’t that embarrassing?

Present: Sammy’s Notes

Image

“The evidence just might be hidden within the notes Sammy collected!” Vesti proclaims, sticking a finger into the air. “They ‘might’ be?” Percy asks, “I’d hope the evidence itself is more concrete than your certainty of its location.” “It most certainly is!” Vesti says as he pulls out Sammy’s notepad. “Just give me a minute to track it down. There are a lot of pages in this thing!” Vesti flips through the notepad, searching desperately for a shred of relevant evidence. “Hmm… Vesti, are you doing okay?” Lita asks, “You don’t look too hot.” Vesti wipes sweat off his forehead as he flips to the page containing various testimonies. “Don’t worry, I’m fine! Just hold on… I’m sure it’s in here somewh- AHA!” Vesti jabs his finger against the notepad and begins reading.

“Janet ‘Rusty’ Torr, Janitor: Accompanied the party that took in Cammy. The body was never left alone before reaching the hospital room. The next day, she was called to fix the gutter, which had apparently gotten broken at some point!

After a few moments of silence, Aura slowly remarks, “So… a janitor fixed a gutter. What exactly is so important about that?” “Do I really need to say anything more?” Vesti replies, “Remember, everyone. I just explained that Aura used the gutter to climb into Cammy’s office and leave the suicide note there. With that in mind, it’s self-explanatory!” “So what you’re sayin’ is…” Dustin mumbles, “The gutter was broken from the weight of Aura climbing up and down it?” “Precisely!”

“Wait,” Argenta shouts, “If the gutter was broken, wouldn’t she have fallen off?!” “Well, I guess it depends on exactly how it broke…” Dustin explains, “If just the top disconnected, it probably would have remained upright long enough for her to reach the window. That kind of damage probably wouldn’t have been noticed until the morning either…” “Well, what if it was broken from the bottom?” Argenta adds. “That… doesn’t sound particularly likely,” Dustin replies, “But I think she still could’ve returned to her office.”

“All things considered, the nature of the broken gutter is hardly important,” Aura says, “Discussing this further is avoiding the root of the issue: how non-conclusive this proof is.” “You’ve got to be kidding me,” Vesti replies, “That janitor’s testimony proves that the gutter was broken on the night of the incident. There was no reason for that to happen unless someone climbed down it. And the only one with any reason to climb down it was you!” “Not only that,” Lauren adds, “But with proof that you attempted to murder Cammy five years ago, you become a convincing suspect in her murder today.” “That may be true,” Aura replies, “But I’d hardly consider a few aimless jottings in a notebook to be conclusive. Mr. Tose could have easily made up those details later.” “Oh come on!” Sammy shouts, looking as if he’d throw a hand to his forehead if he wasn’t handcuffed. “Why would I make up a detail as random as that?! You keep making me out to be some criminal mastermind, when I was just a man who loved his wife!” “That aside,” Lauren interjects, “It should be easy enough to track down this ‘Janet Torr’ and get more reliable testimony from her. At the very least, this is more than enough evidence for a reasonable arrest.” “N-No! You can’t!” Argenta shouts, “I won’t believe it!” Ignoring her, and seemingly everyone outside of his video game, Percy says, “Personally, I’d say this is plenty conclusive. And I’m not about to leave Dr. Gold free to tamper with evidence while we look for something she accepts. So, Mr. Gates… I suppose I must reluctantly ask you to arrest her.” “…Of course,” Vesti hesitantly pulls out his handcuffs.

“Wait!” Aura holds up a hand and says, “…Not just yet… I’d like to ask that you do something first.” Vesti stops in his tracks and stares skeptically at Aura, holding onto the handcuffs. “‘F-First?’” Argenta says, “Y-You’re not just gonna let them take you in for this, are you?” Aura looks away from her solemnly and slowly continues, “You’ve accused me of being responsible for two incidents now… but you’ve never explained why.” “As I said earlier, evidence is more important than motive.” Percy replies, “I see no reason to delay the arrest.” “Still, as a doctor, my reputation is quite important.” Aura continues, “I have taken an oath to do no harm. In order to forsake all that and attempt to murder someone twice, I’d need a very good reason… and that isn’t something we can simply gloss over. So, I’d like to know… what was my motive?” Vesti turns away, sighs, and says, “I think I have an answer for you…”

What was Aura’s motive?
PRESENT evidence or a profile.

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Present!

Argenta's!

Profile!


Cammy was a scapegoat so that no-one would ever know that Argenta was the one to cause the blackout.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4539

Whooo, it’s back!

Argenta makes enough sense to me, anyway, so I don’t have much else to add. Still, good to be back in action!
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14138

Quickly use sleight of hand to produce evidence that isn't soul-crushing to Argenta, but still incriminating, and present that!
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

The sky is the limit!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: This update is partially written from my goofy school laptop. Woe is me!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Cammy's injury, cuz, like, Cammy hadn't been dead yet and stuff.


Image

Present: Argenta Gold

Vesti crosses his arms and solemnly explains, “The truth is…we managed to identify the motive a while ago. Remember, when Cammy was first injured, the incident was labelled as a suicide. According to Cammy’s suicide note, she had done it out of guilt for causing the deadly blackout on the same day. With that, the two incidents were resolved neatly, and the investigation was closed.” “But now we know that the suicide note was faked,” Percy points out, “Which means the killer was most likely trying to frame her for causing the blackout.” “In that case,” Aura remarks, “Are you intending to accuse me for another crime?” “Of course not…” Vesti mumbles, “We already know the truth of that incident. We even have a confession.” All eyes glance towards Argenta, who was staring at the floor of the stairwell in shame. “…So then?” Aura says, “What was my motive?” Vesti slowly shakes his head. “I’ve already told you.”

The room falls silent as people reflect over what they’ve just heard. Eventually, Argenta speaks up. “A-Aura, you…you did this for…” Aura raises her hand to silence her. Then, she continues, “Argenta, do you remember what our father always said?” Argenta looks surprised at the question, but eventually replies, “Uhh… ‘Being a doctor means doing whatever you can to protect people…’ B-But Argenta, you-” “In the many years I have directed this facility,” Aura interjects, “I have never had a pupil as engaged, as motivated, or as passionate as you. I do not say that as a sister, I say it as a director, as objectively as I can. It would truly be a shame if your medical intuition was lost to this field… You’ve saved many people, and I know you would save many more. All those people would suffer without you, so as a doctor… it is my duty to protect them.” Argenta clasps her hands and stares at her sister sadly. “N-No… Aura…”

“I take it that that was a confession, then?” Percy asks, lowering his 3DS. “…No, I wouldn’t say so,” Aura replies, “I am merely explaining to Argenta that I could have had reason to commit this crime. However, it seems the rest of you are convinced of my guilt now, and there is little I can do to change your mind.” Aura places her clipboard onto the stairs next to her and then raises both of her wrists. “If you must… I will allow you to take me in.” “Well, that settles it, then,” Percy says, “Vesti, if you would, please arrest her.” “No!” Argenta shouts, “V-Vesti, please!” Vesti sighs and reaches for his handcuffs. “I’m sorry, but we can’t make exceptions… I have to do my job as well.” “In any case, I’ve prosecuted many people who left relatives behind,” Percy points out, “It simply isn’t an excuse. We have laws in place for people to follow them. No amount of your complaints will prevent justice from being carried out!” Vesti stops and glared at the prosecutor. “Percy… now really isn’t the time for one of your speeches.” “I believe the important matter here is the murder, not by mannerisms,” Percy remarks, “But since you seem to consider petty remarks more important than doing your job… Ms. Tehra, I must ask that you make the arrest in Vesti’s stead.” Lauren casts a sympathetic look Vesti’s way and then retrieves her own pair of handcuffs. “You may be right… Don’t worry, Vesti, I’ll take it from here.” Lauren brandishes her handcuffs and approaches Aura.

Image

Everyone stops and turns towards the source of the voice. It’s Argenta. She points at Lauren, looking somewhat panicked, as if she hadn’t entirely thought through what she was actually going to say. “Argenta…” Aura says in an admonishing tone. “What are you doing?” “I-I’m…” Argenta hesitates, then steels her resolve and continues, “I’m confessing... t-to the murder of Cammy Tose!” “Y-You’ve gotta be kidding me!” Vesti shouts in exasperation. Percy leers at Argenta and adds, “I’d advise you to consider your choices carefully. As it stands, you are accomplishing little else but wasting everyone’s time.” “I’d hardly call it a waste of time,” Argenta replies, “All I’m doing is making sure you arrest the right person… I can’t let Aura k-keep covering for me any longer!”

“Argenta…” Aura says, sighing. “Please think about what you’re doing. You’ve always been far more impulsive than me. You know I don’t want you doing anything you’ll regret.” “I-It’s fine, Aura, you don’t need to worry about me.” Argenta replies, “I-I’ll fix all of this!”

Argument: Aura is Innocent!
Argenta: There’s no way Aura’s guilty!
Argenta: I-I’m the one who hurt all those people! She d-doesn’t deserve this!
Argenta: Like, Percy said earlier, I could have done it!
Argenta: Y-Yeah! M-Maybe I stabbed Cammy when she woke up! Using the scalpel!
Argenta: Th-Then… I blackmailed Dustin into finding the body while I was on camera!
Argenta: Then I did Percy’s weird screwdriver switching trick!
Argenta: Yeah, I’m a real nasty person! J-Just lock me up already!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(This is awful…but I know that Aura doesn’t want Argenta to go to jail in her place. For her sake, and for Argenta’s as well…I have to push on!)

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

RIP Pierre

Press the statement about blackmailing Dustin? If she's blackmailing him then she has something on him, thus has evidence to prove her statement with. No evidence, no blackmail.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4539

Press statement four. That sounds awful fishy to me. Ask her to elaborate further and see whether she makes a slip up there.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14138

Consult with Dustin, he's in this room right? He count corroborate the blackmail.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 18 of 18 [ 707 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Cold52, Datamatt, Doctor Nanjo, DootDootDoot, JesusMonroe, Kachu, MechaQdogg, Planetbox, Salem and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO