Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 19[ 741 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 


Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Attempt to make a terrible pun about bloody violins...only to realise violins (and Murder) really aren't funny and fail to think of one.

Present Violin to Ani Stheesia and request a blood test.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Examine the trolley thingy. Make sure to check the wheels to see if there's paint stains on them. We might have found our mysterious wheeled cart!

Examine the autopsy report. Talk about the autopsy report.

Request permission to take a peek in the cabinet.

Talk about Officer Bajj. She might have a thing or two to say about the victim!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: IT'S TIME!
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Examine the Autopsy Report and that Trolley Thing, then talk to Ann about being a Coroner and Officer Bajj.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Spray Luminol on the next update.
Autopsy report and trolley like Sock said, then talk about being a coroner.

Dimitri wrote:
Show Ann your police badge. And spray her with Luminol.
Then examine the trolley thing and ask Ann about Officer Baji.


Present: Police Badge

You decide to do what you must always do, and show poor Ann your marvelous police badge. She glares at it."Why are you showing me this?" You happily reply, "Because I want to know what you think of it!" "Alright fine. If you really must know, I think it is a useless piece of metal trash that's just an excuse for detectives to act superior to everyone else. Now are you happy?" (That's not the kind of opinion I wanted to hear...

You consider spraying Ann with Luminol, but ultimately decide that that would be a terrible idea. You also consider spraying the next update, but Vesti isn't capable of breaking the fourth wall like that.

Examine: Autopsy Report

You walk over to the counter and take a look at the autopsy report. You scan through it. Plenty of the information about Officer Bajj is stuff you already knew, however the report states that a small fragment of wood was found in the victim's forehead. The neck wound was also dealt postmortem. You show the report to Ann Istheesa and ask, "Is this all the information you could find from the body?" She replies, "Pretty much. The observations made at the crime scene were about the only things the body could tell us. Is that a problem?" "Of course not! I was just asking!" {Crime Scene Notes changed to Bajj's Autopsy Report and updated in Evidence}

Examine: Trolley Thing

You take a look at the aptly-titled trolley thing. It is a raised platform on wheels. The platform itself appears to be cushioned, which is pretty helpful considering it's meant to hold the injured. Ann explains, "We use the trolley to transport injured officers and civilians to this medical room. It's also used to transport corpses during murder investigations." You ask, "Where was this trolley on the night of the murder?" Ann replies, "As far as I know, it was in this room. I had things to do all over this building, so I can't say for certain if it went anywhere. Granted, the same goes for most of the objects in this room..." Once she's stopped talking, you look at the bottom of the cart. You don't notice any obvious paint stains on the wheels. The cart seems pretty clean, in fact. {Trolley Thing added to Evidence}

Examine: Officer Bajj

You ask, "Did you know the victim personally?" Ann sighs, "Not really. To be honest, I don't really know many of the police officers on this force. Being the coroner, I don't really see them much." You try to say something, but she interrupts, "And before you ask, I don't know anyone who would have wanted him dead. I've gone through this conversation at least three times today, and to be honest, it's getting pretty old!" (Your bad attitude is getting pretty old.)

Examine: Cabinet

"Can I take a look at that cabinet over there?" Ann mutters, "Sure you can, if genetic records really interest you so much." You ignore her last comment, and walk to the cabinet. You open the drawer with your name on it. Inside are various containers holding various objects. You see a bottle of a red liquid, a case containing a lock of hair, what appears to be sweat, among other things. "What is all this stuff?" "Objects containing the genes of the people working here. You know, hair, sweat, blood, and all that. There's also fingerprint records in there. There's a more extensive collection of genetic records in another room." "How did you obtain all this stuff?" "I don't think you need to know." You continue looking through the drawers until you reach Lauren Tehra's drawer, where you notice something odd. "Are all of these glass containers supposed to have the same amount of blood in them?" "Of course," Ann replies, "Why do you ask?" You continue, "Well, the bottle of Lauren's blood appears to have less in it than the others." Ann sighs, "Well, that's not supposed to happen. You didn't spill it, did you?" "I think you'd already know if I had spilled blood all over the room." {Genetic Records added to Evidence}

Present: Broken Violin

You show Ann Istheesa the violin messing up her name as well and then say, "Could you test the blood on this violin? I think it could help us STRING this case together!" Ann shakes her head and says, "Never do that in my prescense again. Anyway, I have the genetic records, so I can test it. Just hand it over." You give her the violin, and she walks to the counter with it. "I should be finished with this in a few minutes. Don't break anything while I'm working." You resist the urge to spill all the liquid containers onto the floor.

Investigation: Medical Room
Examine:
Officer Bajj, Counter, Door.
Talk:
Ann Istheesa
Coroner
Officer Bajj[strike]
[Strike]Autopsy Report

Medical Room
Move:
Chief's Office
Detention Center
Security Room
Lobby
Present:
To Ann Istheesa
Spray: Luminol
What will you do?
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Apologise to Ann Istheesia as we appear to have gotten off on the wrong foot and I want our working relationship to be as PAINLESS as possible.

Give Ann time and go and present the broken fragment of wood to Antonio
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Ask her if anyone can access the genetic records.

Suggests that the bottle of Lauren's blood was used in the murder to frame Lauren. Tell her that Lauren said she didn't spill any blood on the visit sheet the night of the murder. As her wound was bandaged up at the time.

Spray Luminol on the Trolley Thingy! Because when in doubt, spray luminol on it! Oh wait, it'll just picks up other people's blood. Either it's a red herring or it could be something else. It never hurts to try, right?
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

If it's used to cart dead bodies and injured about the place then there probably would be some traces of blood on it. It WAS added to the court record though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Actually, did we even know when the victim died? All we know is that he died last night.... And not the exact time the victim died (aka time of death). So, ask about the time of death. It might cracks our case even further.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

{{Sorry, but this one's gonna have to be pretty short. My update schedule got mangled beyond comprehension and turned into a bowl of frosted flakes, so I have pretty much an hour left to write this entire update. Also of note, the next update will come on Thursday because I won't be able to update on Friday. So that's kind of important.}}

Spoiler: Rushed Quotes!
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Missing blood, huh? Wait for Ann to return, then ask her about the Medical Room. Who else has access?

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Talk to yourself in a strange accent about what you ate for breakfast while you wait for Ann to finish. Spray Luminol on the genetic records if you can, specifically on Lauren's blood jar.
Oh yeah also ask Ann about her favorite color.

Dimitri wrote:
Examine the counter and the door, and then for lack of things to do show Bajj's body your police badge.


{{Also I think 2/3 of the forums were under the impression that Ann actually left the room, but she's just at the counter in here. Sorry for not making that clear.}}

You tell Ann Istheesa, "Sorry for my attitude earlier. I was hoping we could make this investigation as PAINLESS as possible!" Ann monotonously says, "Looks like I got some of my tears in this blood. This test will probably take me about a minute longer now." Then she gets back to work, muttering rather rude things about your parents under her breath.

Ask: Ann: Favorite Color

"What's your favorite color?" you ask. She replies, "White. Stop talking to me."

You ask, "Can anyone access these records?" She replies, "Sure, if they can get in the door. The door isn't even locked in the first place." "Is it possible that-" She interjects, "I don't need your theories right now. I'm kind of busy, if you don't mind."

You continue, "Hey Ann! Do you know what time the victim died?" She sighs, "Yeah I do. Officer Bajj died at about 10:22. Something like that. Seriously though, I need to test this blood." Ann Istheesa accidentally puts on headphones and then accidentally plugs them into an iPod. She proceeds to accidentally set the volume really high. {{Bajj's Autopsy Report updated in Evidence}}

Spray: Luminol: Trolley Thing

You decide to leave Ann alone for a bit. You spray Luminol on the Trolley Thing, then shine the light across it. There are large bloodstains on the far end, and pretty much everywhere else. This doesn't really surprise you that much, considering the trolley's purpose, and the fact that it was just used to move Bajj, like, ten minutes ago.

Spray: Luminol: Lauren's Blood

Take a guess regarding what happens here. To point you in the right direction, I can tell you one thing. The entire police station didn't explode in a shower of banana peels.

Examine: Door

You take a look at the door on the opposite side of the room. The door is labelled, "Advanced Genetic Records". You attempt to open it, but it's locked. You look inside and see many more drawers with the names of various people in town. One of the closest drawers is slightly ajar. You notice blood, hair, and some of the stuff that was in the drawers outside.

You try to move to Antonio's office, but I don't really have time for that. Or anything else, for that matter. Whoops! Also, Ann will finish with the blood test next update.

Investigation: Medical Room
Examine:
Officer Bajj, Counter.
Talk:
Ann Istheesa
Coroner
Officer Bajj
Autopsy Report
Medical Room
Move:
Chief's Office
Detention Center
Security Room
Lobby
Present:
To Ann Istheesa
Spray: Luminol
What will you do?
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Well, the luminol test didn't help much, huh? Perhaps.... Maybe we can borrow it to conduct a short test to see if the trolley thingy was what might have left the traces of the trail? And then return the trolley thingy back to where you found it.

Then examine Officer Bajj's body.

Then examine the counter. Without distracting Ann, of course.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Imagine what would have happened if I had had time to confront Antonio about the piece of wood: Probably him ripping off his shirt to reveal his supervillain costume of the notorious Stringer, who wields power over stringed instruments. Then sigh as I fantasize about the glorious battle that would ensue.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

I'm updating early today, as I won't have time to update tomorrow.

Spoiler: Quotes in a Box!
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Nonobnoxiously ask about the jar open drawer.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
(Response to Above)Yesh


I'd say Pierre's action speaks for itself. There's honestly not much I can add because the original is already amazing enough.

You consider examining the cart to see if the trail came from it, but you don't really know how to do that. After all, you're not a forensic detective. It would probably be a better idea to ask one of the forensic investigators to perform that kind of test.

Examine: Counter

You examine the counter. The counter takes up almost two sides of the room, and several objects are scattered across it. These include various chemicals and tools likely used to perform medical stuff. However, you don't really recognize any of the objects. Not to mention several of the objects have rather large blades, and you have a tendency to cause yourself great injury with those.

Examine: Officer Bajj

You examine the body of the late Officer Bajj. The body is lying on one of the hospital beds. There's not much else of note on the body, especially considering it's already recieved an autopsy. Thinking back on it, you realize that you never found out what Bajj's first name was, though it was probably something just as punny as everyone else's names seem to be.

Suddenly, Ann takes off her headphones and brings the violin back to you. She says, "I have indentified the blood." You ask, "Was it Bajj's?" She sighs, "Don't be ridiculous. It was Abraham Lincoln's." "Was it Bajj's or was it not?!" "Of course it was. But that's not all. I found a clear piece of rubber caught underneath one of the strings on the fingerboard. I'm not sure whether that's important, but it could be." You take the violin back, and reply, "Thanks for actually giving me a straight answer." {Broken Violin added to Evidence}

Talk: Open Drawer

You ask Ann what all those drawers behind the door in the back are for. She explains, "Those are the advanced genetic records. It's where the records for people in this town are stored, other than the people working here. However, the door is locked so no one can steal someone's hair and clone them, or something." You ask, "Why do you keep the records for people working here outside of the locked room, where people can get them?" She grumbles, "I don't know. It just makes things easier. Don't question my methods." "Why is one of the drawers open?" "Because I forgot to close it all the way. Is that a crime?" "We're in a police station. We could ask the chief!" "Alright, this conversation is over now."

Investigation: Medical Room
Examine:
Talk:
Ann Istheesa
Coroner
Officer Bajj
Autopsy Report
Medical Room
Move:
Chief's Office
Detention Center
Security Room
Lobby
Present:
To Ann Istheesa
Spray: Luminol
What will you do?
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Start excitedly upon hearing the results. Having connected Bajj's blood to the violin means we could connect the chief to the murder.

Then sigh with dismay as I realise the police chief called Lauren to his office meaning there was opportunity for Lauren to have used the violin.

Present violin to Ann to see if she thinks it is the murder weapon and ask if fingerprints can be taken.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Pierre wrote:
Present violin to Ann to see if she thinks it is the murder weapon and ask if fingerprints can be taken.


Realize that you're making yourself look like a idiot as you realize that the piece of rubber possibly came from a rubber glove. Which means: Gloves + hands = NO FINGERPRINTS!

Speaking of which.... Presents the White Gloves to Ann, and ask her to check to see if there is a tear on one of the gloves. It's possible that the piece of rubber came from that glove.

Declares that you believes you know what happened to Lauren's blood that was taken from the Genetic Records. It was used to frame Lauren. (But that brings up a new question: How did the killer knows Lauren will be watching the Evidence Room on the night of the murder?)

Oh, and one more thing. Ask Ann where we can talk to an forensic investigator about the trail traces.

Then move to the Lobby. (I'm not sure if we'll find anything important in there.)
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Quote:
Realize that you're making yourself look like a idiot as you realize that the piece of rubber possibly came from a rubber glove. Which means: Gloves + hands = NO FINGERPRINTS!


Relax and realise that I might not be an idiot as the rubber glove scenario is just a possibility and as a murder weapon it's worth giving it the full examination anyway. Then berate myself for getting into such a panic in the first place.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: ???
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Well I guess we could talk about being a Coroner to Ann. Then maybe go ask Lauren... something... I'm drawing a blank.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
(Response to Above)Seconded, but head to the Chief's Office instead. Ask him about those Advanced Genetic Records the station is keeping.

Koopario wrote:
I know I'm very much new to this, but if it hasn't been said already, maybe we should keep an eye on Ann. If she has access to the genetics that makes her a suspect for framing Lauren, if I'm reading this right. Try and get some more info out of her, if you can.


I wrote something here but then I deleted it. :(

You consider than Ann might be a suspect for framing Lauren due to her having easy access to the records and stuff like that. You decide to get some more information out of her.

Present: Broken Violin

You show Ann the violin that she just saw five seconds ago. You ask, "Do you think this violin is the murder weapon?" She replies, "Yeah. It probably is. I can't think of any other reason why it would be covered in the victim's blood." "If that's the case, don't you think it would be a good idea to perform a fingerprint test?" "Yeah, that would be a great idea. It would help if I was a forensic investigator. Sadly, I'm not, so maybe you should bug someone else about it." You decide to bug someone else about it later.

Present: White Gloves

You show the gloves to Ann. "Do these gloves have a tear in them?" She looks at them closely and replies, "Yeah. There is a tear on the right thumb of the right glove. However, I would like to know exactly why you have one of my pairs of medical gloves on you." "These are yours?" you ask. She replies, "Of course they are. Do you know of any other profession where clear rubber gloves are used?" "Uh... Maybe..." "Either way, these gloves are disposable, so an individual pair of gloves isn't that important to me. You can keep it if it has some relevance to the case." {White Gloves updated in Evidence}

Talk: Coroner

In an attempt to stop Ann Istheesa from glaring at you in annoyance, you ask, "What's it like being a coroner?" She mutters, "It's really fun. I get to enjoy examining bodies and writing up needlessly specific reports any time someone kicks the bucket. Then a bunch of detectives and lawyers pester me until I finish typing it up. It's a good thing I actually enjoy the doctor part of being a doctor, or I would have quit this job a while ago. But for some reason the chief though it would be a good idea to put my office all the way over..." Ann Istheesa goes on and on about how terrble her job is. You decide that you should probably get out of here before she takes her disgruntlement out on you.

Move: Lobby

You begin choosing where to go next. You consider talking to Lauren, but you doubt she has much to say. You also consider going to the Chief's Office, but doubt that he has much information either. Not to mention you don't really want to deal with him right now. Instead you leave the Medical Room without Ann noticing and wander off to the Lobby.

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 11:30 AM Location: Police Department, Lobby.

At the lobby you find a few policemen walking around aimlessly. A few of them seem to be working, but several seem to be using their phones. You consider telling them off, but then realize you were doing the same thing a day ago. Before you can figure out this difficult moral dilemma you are interrupted by one of them. "HI! You're Vesti Gates, aren't you?" Once your eardrums have partially recovered, you turn to see who is behind you. You see a man in a wearing a police uniform and a lab coat at the same time... somehow. You say, "Um... forgive me for asking... but who exactly are you?" The man smiles and replies, "I'm Lucas Hall, police officer and forensic investigator! I just joined the force!" "Wait-" "You ARE Vesti Gates!" he interrupts, "I'd recognize that hairstyle anywhere! I've heard a lot about you! You were the one who solved that case in only two hours!" You indignanatly reply, "That is a HUGE exaggeration! I took me two hours and ten minutes!" Lucas ignores you, and continues, "Even if I'm merely a rookie, I still know a lot about this place! Not to mention I'm already a fairly skilled forensic investigator! If you need my help, just ask away!" You sigh. {Lucas Hall added to Profiles}

Investigation: Medical Room
Examine:
Pointless Chairs, Red Carts, Main Desk, Picture, Officers.
Talk:
Lucas Hall
Forensic Investigator
Police Station
Chief Strings
Move:
Chief's Office
Detention Center
Security Room
Medical Room
Present:
To Lucas Hall
Spray: Luminol
What will you do?
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Present the violin for fingerprints the second he mentions that he is an investigator.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Present the trolley thingy and ask him to conduct a test to see if the trail came from the trolley thingy.

Then examine the red carts and the picture.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Gender: Female

Location: ELO

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Posts: 126

Eaxmine the pointless chairs for the heck of it.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Here we go again!
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Unsigh because you were looking for a forensic investigator just a moment ago. Talk to him about being a Forensic Investigator and present the Broken Violin.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Ask favorite color and... maybe NOT police badge. I think this guy might explode with excitement if we do that.
Chief strings?

Koopario wrote:
Even if they are pointless, we must examine the chairs. Maybe also spray luminol in Lucas's face, then ask him about the forensics on the violin.
...also, let's see what happens if we spray luminol on the glove...

Dimitri wrote:
Present your police badge to Hall. And then present it to all the other random officers. And then to the chairs.

...And then ask Hall about the violin.


Examine: Pointless Chairs

You take a look around the room. There are about 16 chairs in the middle of the room. They are arranged outward in a square shape, with four on each side. You ask, "What are all these chairs for?" Lucas replies, "What do you mean?" "Well, this isn't some kind of waiting room. This is the lobby of the police department. There's no reason to have sixteen chairs!" "Maybe they're here for police officers to sit on if they're tired!" "I'm not sure I understand why a police officer would specifically be tired here. Aren't they supposed to be patrolling the area?" "Well then what are all these police officers doing in this lobby?" You stare at the rest of the room for a second, then respond, "I don't know anymore."

Present: Police Badge: Lucas Hall

You show your Police Badge to Lucas Hall. "This is my police badge!" you proudly declare. Lucas Hall starts freaking out. "Wow that's amazing! But look at this!" He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his own police badge. He proceeds to shove the object into your face. "This is MY police badge!" he shouts rather loudly. The force of his words push you backwards a little. You realize how everybody else usually feels when you do that.

You try to spray Lucas in the face. He starts to glow a bright blue. He shouts, "Wow! I got sprayed with Luminol by Vesti Gates! This is awesome!" He then tries to steal the Luminol, but you manage to stop him.

Talk: Favorite Color

You ask Lucas Hall about his favorite color. He answers extremely quickly, "Orange! No, blue! Er... Maybe red? Or green! AUGH, I can't decide! Wait, I like them all! Tye-dye all the way!" Unfortunately, you sort of lost track of what he was saying, so you don't notice his final answer.

Spray: Luminol: Glove

You spray some Luminol on the white gloves. Both of them, to be specific. You shine the light on both of them, but nothing happens. It doesn't appear that there's any blood on the gloves.

Examine: Red Carts

You take a look at the red carts. They roughly resemble a shopping cart; however, the cart has no openings in it. Instead, it is completely uniform in surface, like a wheelbarrow. You already recognize the carts. They are the carts detectives use to transport evidence in and out of the evidence room. In fact, you used one of these carts just last night, when you discovered the body. Lucas Hall notices you examining the carts and chimes in, "Those carts were actually painted by me! It was my first job!" "Really?" you ask, "When was this?" "Just yesterday afternoon," he replies, "I repainted all of the carts, and finished at around 9:40!" "Hmm... That information could be useful..." you mutter. {Evidence Carts added to Evidence}

Present: Broken Violin & Trolley Thing

You shove information on the two items into Lucas Hall's hands. "Do you think you could check this violin for fingerprints, and then see if there are any traces of the paint from the hallway on this trolley?" Lucas salutes proudly, and replies, "Of course I can! I'll be right back with that information!" Lucas runs down the nearby hallway. After about ten minutes he returns.

"Alright! First, the violin. I checked it for fingerprints, and found several sets on it... well... pretty much everywhere! All of these prints belonged to Antonio Bridges! As for the trolley, I didn't find any traces of the paint on it. Not even on the wheels! Sorry about that..." You take the information back from Lucas, and think about how this information fits in with everything. {Broken Violin and Trolley Thing updated in Evidence}

Investigation: Police Station Lobby
Examine:
Main Desk, Picture, Officers.
Talk:
Lucas Hall
Forensic Investigator
Police Station
Chief Strings
Move:
Chief's Office
Detention Center
Security Room
Medical Room
Present:
To Lucas Hall
Spray: Luminol
What will you do?
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Change the investigation CYOA into a Dating Sim CYOA and start hitting on Lucas as he is clearly our Soulmate.





Alternatively present gloves for investigation
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Well.... I think the Trolley Thingy is a Red Herring.

The painted evidence carts...? The traces of the trail that was created by paint...? Hmmmmm....

I got it! Ask Lucas to check the evidence carts' wheels for paint stains.

If all of the evidence carts' wheels have paint stains on them.... Then spray luminol on the carts to check for blood stains. One of them got to be what was used to move the body.

Wonder if the evidence cart is strong enough to hold a body.

Ask Lucas if anyone asked him to repaint the evidence carts.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: The update when I learn how to mix punctuation with quotation marks.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Talk to Lucas about the Police station and being a Forensic Investigator.

SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Compare the piece of rubber from the broken violin with the rubber gloves. Then head to the Chief's office and ask him about why the glove was in his trash, and why a piece was in his violin.


You consider hitting on Lucas, but then realize that such an act would be counterproductive and out-of-character. However, poor Vesti is not aware that he is a character, so instead he simply becomes extremely confused.

Present: White Gloves

You present the gloves for Lucas for investigation. "Could you forensically investigate these gloves?" "Sure!" he exclaims, "What do you want me to do with them?" "Investigate them, of course!" Lucas looks puzzled. "Um... Could you be more specific?" You sigh, "Right. That could be important." You bring out the broken violin. "Could you check to see if the material of this glove matches with the piece found on this violin?" He salutes, "Sure! I'll have that finished up in no time!" He proceeds to take the two objects and begins using supplies from his bag on them.

Talk: Forensic Investigator

You ask, "When did you become a forensic investigator?" "Probably a month ago!" he explains, "I've been enjoying my job ever since!" "Have you wanted to be an investigator for a while?" Lucas replies, "Of course I have! It's been my dream job since my youth! Well, not really. Maybe since I was 10. After all, every kid wanted to be a firefighter before then, so..." You angrily reply, "Don't be ridiculous! Everyone in my preschool wanted to be a doctor!" "I wasn't being serious! It was only a hyperbole! Not to mention, I knew several kids who wanted to be a teacher!" You respond, "When I was a kid, I wanted to be an accountant!" "Well, I wanted to be a superhero! I even had one of those cheesy superhero training kits! Did YOU have a superhero training kit?!" (I'm not exactly sure how this conversation got de-railed so quickly... I should probably stop it now.)

Talk: Chief Bridges {{How about we pretend that I didn't butcher Antonio's name in the Talk list, ok?}}

You ask, "So, what do you think of Antonio Bridges?" Lucas Hall starts talking excitedly, "He's awesome! When I joined this force he gave me this cool uniform! And even better, he's paying me money to work here!" (Wait, is that considered abnormal behavior?) You continue, "How do you feel about his... interest in strings instruments?" Lucas explains, "I think it's awesome! He's so good at his job that he can do it while teaching himself an instrument! I've even seen him playing an instrument when he's supposed to be working! That PROVES that he must be good at his job!" (This man is really good at seeing negative qualities in a positive light...)

Talk: Repainting

You inquire, "Were you specifically asked to repaint the evidence carts by anyone?" He answers, "Not really. According to the Chief, those carts are repainted twice a year. One of those days is October 20th, and the chief assigned me to do that this time. Apparently, the new recruits are usually told to do that." "I see. That's doesn't surprise me." {Evidence Carts updated in Evidence}

Lucas suddenly tells you, "The gloves and the fragment indeed match! The fragment also appears to fit perfectly in the hole left in the glove." "Alright. That doesn't surprise me either." {White Gloves updated in Evidence}

Examine: Evidence Carts Again

You walk over to the corner containing the evidence carts. There are exactly three carts in the corner. That number is probably too many. The station supposedly only had one before then, but then Chief Bridges accidentally ordered two more. No one is certain exactly how that happened. You take a look at the base of the carts. Lucas Hall is apparently not that skilled at painting, because a large quantity of the red paint dripped onto the carts legs. Some of this paint ended up on the wheels, and it has since dried. The same thing has occured on every cart. You decide to spray some Luminol inside of each of the carts and see what happens. Upon completing this task, the bottom of one of the carts begins to glow bright blue. You are beginning to understand how this crime was performed. {Evidence Carts updated in Evidence again}

Investigation: Police Station Lobby
Examine:
Main Desk, Picture, Officers.
Talk:
Lucas Hall
Forensic Investigator
Police Station
Chief Bridges
Move:
Chief's Office
Detention Center
Security Room
Medical Room
Present:
To Lucas Hall
Spray: Luminol
What will you do?


At this point you have pretty much found all the evidence in this case (hopefully. If you couldn't tell, I'm bad at planning these things.) So, you have a choice. Do you still investigate to take care of a few last minute things, or move on to the Argument section?
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Ask Lucas: So...wanna get dinner after work?

(Totally not stalling for time...sorta just been throwing out investigative questions without piecing it together. I'll just review the evidence.)

Vesti slaps herself on both sides of the face to psych herself up and thinks.

So Laurens' blood vial, it's emptier than the others, we could ask her about this anomaly but it's possible it was used...

On the Sign in sheet...placing her blood there to try and place her at the scene. Questions: Who could access this blood? Is it only available to Ann or could Antonio access it as well?


The broken monitor...covers the potential true scene of the crime relatively well, the bloodtrails led to the office of Antonio Bridges. The lack of blood on the glass shards would suggest it was smashed intentionally. The footage being deleted could be done by anyone with a keycard so it doesn't really help at all as most people here would have access.


The broken violin...likely the murder weapon based on the blood and the fragments of wood found in the victim match it too. It's covered in Antonio's fingerprints which isn't surprising considering he plays the cello but the fragment of white gloves make it look like someone premeditated a murder and didn't want their fingerprints on it.


The radio call...moves Lauren to the Chief's office. If the Chief anticipated the investigation would go that way then this is another backup plan to place Lauren at the scene of the crime, much like the blood on the sign in sheet.


The bloodstained book...probably another red herring to frame Lauren, might have dealt the second blow to the back of the victim's neck hence the blood on it. Question: When did Lauren lose the book?


Evidence carts...presumably it would make sense for one of these to be in the evidence room on the night of the murder. Could probably easily be used to move the body...however if it was in the evidence room on the night of the murder then it wouldn't be in the right place to move a body from the Chief's office to the Evidence room. Questions: Should probably find out where it was on the night of the murder and get the blood tested. The Chief's directions to have the Carts painted identical red on the night of the crime lends credence to the belief that it was premeditated and that he planned to use the evidence cart.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.


Last edited by Pierre on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Examine the picture, desk, and officers.

I think I'm starting to see the whole picture, but I think I need a few more pieces of the puzzle before I can figure out the whole mystery.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

I vote spend a bit more time investigating

I'd like to get the bloody cart examined and find out when Lauren lost her book then see who has access to the Blood phials. This could go either way between Ann and Antonio.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Hmmm....

The broken violin... It was broken before Lauren was called to the Chief's Office. Right, Lauren said that when she came to the office, the violin was already broken.

The blood stain on the visit sheet matching those of Lauren.... It was placed by the killer. Lauren's wound was fine by the time she arrived at the Security Room, so she couldn't spill any of her blood. Question: How did the killer knows Lauren will be watching the Evidence Room on the night of the murder?

The two-way radio.... Lauren said that this was how she was called to the Chief's Office. But the Chief denied making such a call. Question: Does the Chief keeps his two-way radio with him all the time? Or does he leaves it in his office whenever he need to go use the restroom?

The traces of the trail... And the evidence carts being repainted on the day of the murder... This tells us that at the time the murder was committed, the paint on the evidence carts were..... Still wet. Right, that explains why there were traces of the trail... Which means... The killer tried to erase the trail, but left behind traces of the trail.

Also, Pierre, I'm pretty sure the bloodstain on the evidence cart obviously belongs to the victim.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

I'm a thorough guy. Besides imagine the mockery when the bloody cart is vital evidence and then Antonio goes "oh so you never fully investigated the blood did you? Seems your argument has been strung up to dry!" Then he'll pull out a fiddle and play a sad "wah wah" melody and we'll just have to sit and bear it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

But of course, we can have Ann take a look at the blood stain on the evidence cart and determine whose blood it belongs to.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Pierre wrote:
Vesti slaps herself


wat

This update was originally longer but then the entire thing got deleted, so I'm just skipping ahead to the confrontation instead of re-writing some of the examining stuff. Sorry, but I don't have time to redo the whole thing.

Spoiler: NOT FEELING UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Argumentation time, I suppose.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
When it's time to argumentify, enter with a smokescreen of Luminol to look cool and edgy. How much Luminol do we even have, anyway?
And talk about the Police Station too, why not?

Koopario wrote:
Oh gosh. Bolded text.
I'll leave it up to [REDACTED] if we move on...but examine the pictures and the desk first if we don't.

Lenrap wrote:
I mean we may as well do everything else unless there's a timer or something


Before you can do any of the stuff you would have done in an alternate timeline, your phone rings. You answer it. "Hello. This is Vesti Gates speaking." A voice on the other line says, "Er... Hello... This is Officer George. Detective Glass told me to call you. He wants to meet in the Detention Center. He says you've had enough time, and it's time to put the case to rest." "Alright. I'll be right there." You hang up and try to leave, but Lucas interrupts, "Where are you going?" You answer, "Detective Glass told me to meet him at the Detention Center so we can solve this case." Lucas shouts excitedly, "Awesome! I can't miss this! See you there!" Before you can react, Lucas dashes down the hall and out the door. You follow.

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 12:30 AM Location: Police Department, Detention Center.

When you make it to the detention center, Lucas is already there. You also see Antonio Bridges, who is playing a tune on his viola. Ann Istheesa is standing nearby, looking like she wants to strangle the chief. Lauren Tehra stands behind the glass, with Magnifi Glass standing in front. A few policemen are scattered about as well. Magnifi glares at you, and says, "Ah, there you are. It sure took you quite a while." You reply, "Sorry that I'm not as much of the picture of youth as you are. However, a detective is meant to train their mind, not their legs." Magnifi grumbles, "Well said, for that is the reason I called you here. It is time for us to pass down judgement on this woman." Lauren Tehra glares angrily in his direction. You respond, "You're forgetting that I've investigated myself, and I still firmly believe that Lauren is innocent." Magnifi smiles, and replies, "Do you? Well, my belief remains unchanged. I hope you've investigated well, or this will have been a waste of time."

Testimony: Lauren's Guilt Continues
Magnifi: My earlier point remains the same.
Magnifi: Officer Bajj was killed in the Security Room.
Magnifi: Lauren was in charge of the station at the time.
Magnifi: She met the victim and hit her once with the book.
Magnifi: He was still alive, so she slammed his head against the ground.
Magnifi: His head hit the spot where he lies now.
Magnifi: Those are the facts of this case!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.
Evidence is on page 1.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

C'mon Planetbox! It's a well established trope!

Guess they wanted to rush the confrontation then. No biggie we can do this.

Press Glass's face into the glass repeatedly until he sees my point.


Then Present the violin fragment along with Ann Istheesa's findings that indicate it was the true murder weapon which places the crime scene in the Chief's office.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Present Officer Bajj's Autopsy Report on Statement 5 (I think that's the right one). Didn't you bother to look at the autopsy report, Magnifi? The blow to the neck was dealt..... RIGHT AFTER the victim had died!

Also, ask Ann to examine the bloodstain on the evidence cart. Explain to her that it may be very useful in solving the case.

Last edited by Hanzo Shimada on Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Pierre wrote:
C'mon Planetbox! It's a well established trope!


I was referring more to the fact that Vesti Gates is a guy.

Also, I seem to have put two contradictions into one testimony by accident. Uh...
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Planetbox wrote:
Pierre wrote:
C'mon Planetbox! It's a well established trope!


I was referring more to the fact that Vesti Gates is a guy.

Also, I seem to have put two contradictions into one testimony by accident. Uh...


VESTI GATES IS A GUY?!!??!

brb world crumbling around me
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

I accidentally put two contradictions in this testimony because I'm smart. I'm just going to go with the second one since more people picked it and leave the other one for later.

Also, I apparently forgot to make this clear in the first post. Vesti Gates is male, and about 30 years old. Lauren Tehra is female and about 29 years old. I said all that in the "prototype case" but apparently forgot to say it again so there you go.

Spoiler: ...and stuff like that.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
WAIT A SECOND.
HOLD IT!!
>Bajj's autopsy report, statement 5. The head blow was dealt first! Either way if Magnifi was referring to his neck as his head, how could Lauren have slammed his NECK against the ground?

Koopario wrote:
Line 4: The first blow was dealt to the forehead, but that's where the shard of wood was found, and it's safe to say that we can PRESENT the broken violin to explain that.


You consider pressing Glass's face into the Glass, but then remember that you don't like getting sued.

Present: Bajj's Autopsy Report: Statement 5

Image

Magnifi groans, "What is it now?" You smile proudly, "I'm just going to point out the silliness of your previous statement!" Magnifi sighs, "Please never say that again." You pull out the Autopsy Report and say, "But I'm honestly kind of disappointed in you, Magnifi. Didn't you even READ the Autopsy Report?" "Of course I did," Magnifi explains, "I don't see what that has to do with anything." "Oh really?! Take a look here. It clearly says that the neck wound was dealt postmortem." Magnifi's head twitches, which to him is probably akin to a cry of shock. He glares at the Autopsy Report, and shouts,"This is ridiculous!" You laugh, "Of course it is! After all, why would Lauren deal a second blow to a man who was already dead!" Magnifi looks mildly annoyed. He shouts, "Ann Istheesa! What is this about?" Ann glares at the detective, "What?!" Magnifi pulls out a report, similar to yours. "This report says absolutely nothing about the neck wound being post-mortem! What do you think you're doing?!" Ann retorts, "What do you think YOU'RE doing? You're always barging into my office, demanding your precious autopsy reports! So I gave you one, rather I was finished with it or not! Since Vesti was polite enough to wait until ten minutes after I received the body, I gave him the updated autopsy report! Is that really a problem? I did what you asked!" Magnifi looks shocked at the length of her response. Eventually, he continues, "Well, alright then... Continuing on, this doesn't change anything." You respond, "Really? Why not! There was no reason for Lauren to strike an already dead body!" "Really?" Magnifi explains, "I can think of a simple explanation. After Lauren hit Bajj with the book, he would have fallen over. So, after dying to the first blow, he fell and hit his neck on the floor! It's a simple explanation!" You shout, "That's just ridiculous! You have no proof of that!" Magnifi smiles, and responds, "You may be right, but it's the best solution we have. Unless you can provide another one?" You reply, "Of course I can!" [i](Alright, in order for this theory to work, I'll need to present a murder weapon and then point out the real crime scene. I know both of those, don't I?)

What is the real murder weapon and crime scene?
PRESENT evidence.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Man...but "Vesti" sounds like such a feminine name...

I consider raising my fists proudly and declaring "THESE ARE THE MURDER WEAPON! THE CRIME SCENE? RIGHT HERE! RIGHT NOW!"

Then I remember I don't like being sued...

And meekly present the Violin.

I look at Lucas...I bet he'd have loved that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Oooh, that's a easy one!

Present the Broken Violin. The violin have the victim's blood on it. Ann Istheesa checked it out, and she proved that it was the victim's blood. You can ask her about it, if you like. Also, to further proves that the violin was the murder weapon, presents Officer Bajj's autopsy report. The reports says that a shard of wood was found in the victim's forehead. The only explanation for the shard of wood to be there is if the violin was smacked into the forehead!

As for the crime scene, points out that the Chief's Office is the actual crime scene. After all, that's where the actual murder weapon was found.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Pierre wrote:
Man...but "Vesti" sounds like such a feminine name...


Now that you mention it, it kind of does... Basically, when I did the "prototype case" I had the people participating choose the character's name. The only ohter options I got were "I. Vestigator" (which is way too long for a surname and also lacks a given name) and "Vestille Onore" (which just sounds weird to me).

Spoiler: Also, new Kirby game.
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Murder weapon is the broken violin, crime scene would be the Chief's office.

Koopario wrote:
Present: Evidence Cart+Broken Violin

Checkmate. (???)


You consider beating Magnifi up. Unfortunately, you realize that, in contrast, Magnifi would probably end up beating you up.

Image

You smile, "Magnifi, I'm sure you would have discovered this too, if only you had bothered to investigate." Magnifi glares at you, "What are you saying? I did plenty of investigating! Certainly more than you." You reply, "Of course you did! However, you remained too ingrained in trying to prove your original arrest, that you turned away from the truth." Magnifi looks extremely irritated with your philosophy. He shouts, "What are you talking about!" You smile, and show him the violin. "THIS is the true murder weapon!" Magnifi says, "What?! That destroyed violin?! You can't be serious!" "No, this is indeed the murder weapon. The violin was still whole before the murder, so it stands to reason that it was broken sometime during it. Not only that, but this violin has Officer Bajj's blood on both sides! That's concrete proof that it is the murder weapon!" Magnifi looks like he's about to say something, but you interrupt him. "Is that not enough for you? Well here's something else! A fragment of wood was found in Officer Bajj's forehead, which likely came from this violin. The Autopsy Report proves this. Any objections, Detective Glass?" Magnifi looks somewhat stunned. You continue, "Good. I didn't think so. Now, as for the crime scene, there's really only one other place that it could conceivably be. If this violin was always in the Chief's Office, then I'm certain that the crime took place there! And need I remind you that Lauren Tehra was scheduled to be in the Security Room, so how could she have committed a murder in the Chief's Office?" Silence fills the room as everyone present takes in everything you've said. Magnifi looks deep in thought. Soon, the silence is broken by Antonio, who starts clapping extremely loudly. He says, "Good job, Detective Gates! While we may not know the real killer yet, I think we can safely say the Lauren is innocent! I'll get her out of this Detention Center immediately!" The chief pulls out a ring of keys and walks towards the door. Lauren smiles at you from behind the glass, and then walks to the exit.

Image

All eyes in the room turn to Magnifi Glass. He points directly at Antonio, and shouts, "I wouldn't be so hasty, Chief. The suspect isn't cleared of all charges just yet!" You sigh, "What is it now, Magnifi?" The detective glares at you, and continues, "Did you really think I'd give up that easily, Vesti?" You mutter, "Well, I was kind of hoping you would..." Magnifi sighs, "Don't think you've won just yet, Detective Gates. I won't let a criminal go free!"

Testimony: I'm Bad at Testimony Names.
Magnifi: I will accept that the crime took place in the Chief's Office...
Magnifi: ...and that Lauren spent most of her time in the Security Room.
Magnifi: But that doesn't mean it isn't possible for her to have committed the crime.
Magnifi: Perhaps Lauren was trying to take documents from the Chief's room...
Magnifi: ...and the victim discovered her!
Magnifi: So Lauren, in a panic, took the violin from the wall...
Magnifi: ...and broke it over the victim's head!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.
Evidence is on page 1.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Present the gloves on the "Lauren grabbed the violin" statement.

The use of these medical gloves indicates that the murder was premeditated. This does not match your heat of the moment scenario.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Pierre wrote:
Present the gloves on the "Lauren grabbed the violin" statement.

The use of these medical gloves indicates that the murder was premeditated. This does not match your heat of the moment scenario.


Actually, that won't work. And it would probably condemned Lauren even further.

On a side note....

Present Broken Violin at Statement 6. Really, Magnifi? Even thought about fingerprints? Lucas Hall confirmed that the only fingerprints found on the broken violin belongs to none other than Antonio Bridges! Then why would Lauren's fingerprints not be found on the broken violin?!

Actually, now that I think about it, was Lauren wearing gloves on the night of the murder?
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Oh no, it's me again...
OshaliteX2 wrote:
HOLD IT!!
Statement 6! Broken violin (rest in pieces you wonderful instrument)! It only has Antonio's fingerprints... er, make that not Lauren's. Why in Jalapeno Creek would it not have the suspect's fingerprints?

SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Because the killer was wearing rubber gloves. Press Statement 4 instead. What would Lauren have been looking for?

Lauren: Death glare at Magnifi.

Dimitri wrote:
Hm... I'd say to present the Rubber Gloves since they had to have come from the medical room, but Glass here will probably claim that Lauren just picked them up from the medical room as she went to the chief's office. Still, that's the only idea I have, so that's what I'm going with.


Since I'm kind of low on time I don't think I have time to press Statement Four like one person requested. Whoops sorry maybe I should try harder next time!
On second thought, me and "try hard" don't really go together...

Present: Broken Violin: Statement 6

Image

You show Magnifi the Broken Violin... again. Magnifi replies, "Really, Vesti? Presenting the same piece of evidence twice in a row?! How tacky!" You retort, "You're the one who ignored this piece of evidence! Twice! THAT is just disappointing!" "Alright," Magnifi sighs, "What about that violin is so important?" "The violin only had one set of fingerprints on it! Those fingerprints matched Antonio's, which is logical, as he would have used the instrument often! Which means that Lauren must have been wearing gloves of some kind, which wouldn't make sense if her fingerprints were on the book! {{Author's Note: I can't remember if I ever said her fingerprints were on the book. Either way, they are now, whether you like it or not.}} Thus, she can't have committed the crime! Lauren must be innocent!"

Image

Magnifi shouts, "Really? I don't know about that... There is one way Lauren could still have murdered Officer Bajj." "And what would that be?" you ask. "Simple," Magnifi explains, "...The murder was premeditiated." You raise your hand, about to object, when his point suddenly registers in your head, and you instead respond by slapping yourself on the forehead. "Oh... Right..." Detective Glass continues, "This is what I think happened on the night of the crime... Lauren left the security room, claiming she had a call from the Chief, for his office. She either brought a pair of gloves with her, or brought them along the way. You may not know this, but the Chief's office doesn't have security cameras in it, so that would be a fairly good place to commit a crime. Either one must have requested to meet each other in the Chief's Office, and Lauren planned to kill Bajj there. It's as simple as that." You retort, "Wait a minute! What about a motive? You haven't brought one up since we started!" Magnifi explains, "As for that, I'm not certain... Perhaps Bajj was suspicious about Lauren having committed a crime of some kind, and then Lauren tried to steal the documents pertaining to that crime." You ask, "Why are you so insistent on Lauren trying to steal documents?" Before Magnifi can reply, Chief Bridges explains, "It's because some of my documents got messed with. When I got to my office, one of my drawers was open and a certain file had relocated itself to my desk... I just assumed I had moved it without thinking when I found it though..." "I see," you reply, "What document was this? If it was moved on the night of the crime, maybe it has something to do with the murder." Magnifi glares at you, and snaps, "Really? If you think so, why don't you figure out which document it was. Surely your 'perfect investigation' has brought up an answer by now." "Alright, fine. I'll guess I'll take a guess."

Which document could be important to the crime?
PRESENT evidence.
Evidence is on page 1.

{{Important Note: Always plan things out, because this update ended up kind of messed up since I didn't do that.

Also, hooray for easy questions.}}
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page 2 of 19 [ 741 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO