Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 3 of 19[ 737 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 


Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Perhaps the Evidence Room Thefts might be the document that could be important to the crime?

Presents the Evidence Room Thefts. I don't think Lauren is the thief. I mean, it's not like her to steal stuff!

Chief Bridges' documents being messed with? Hmmmmm...
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Present the sign in sheet?

Or the Police Badge if that's no good.

Also there's no security cameras in the chief's office? Why do we have a security monitor for that office that was smashed then.?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Pierre wrote:
Also there's no security cameras in the chief's office? Why do we have a security monitor for that office that was smashed then.?


I'm good at CYOAs.

Magnifi apologizes profusely for his logical error that was totally his fault. He explains that he MEANT to say that Lauren committed the crime there because she could delete the data and smash the monitor later.

Spoiler: OH NO!
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Present the documents on the Evidence Room Thefts.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Beaten to the punch by a sock. Is that a pun...?
What Sock said.


Image

Present: Visit Sheet Stain

You show Magnifi the sign-in sheet. He looks at it in confusion. "Well... I suppose that might be important to the crime... but it's not actually a document..." You gasp, and reply, "What are you talking about?! It's written on paper!" Magnifi explains, "That may be true, but a document provides information. That sheet just contains empty boxes for people to write their names on." You retort, "Now you're just being ridiculous! Such a distinction is completely unnecessary!" Magnifi replies, "What about an empty piece of printer paper? Is that a document? Of course not... I would recommend you think before you speak, you uncultured fool." "Wait! Let me try again! Here's the real answer!"

Present: Police Badge

You show Magnifi Glass your police badge. He stares at you in silence. Lauren Tehra places a hand on her forehead, shaking her head. Lucas Hall starts taking notes. Ann Istheesa rolls her eyes, and Antonio Bridges makes exaggerated facial responses. Magnifi finally glares at you, and snaps, "Face your failure like a man!" You decreases by 5%. (I think I'll just pretend that that didn't happen.)

Present: Evidence Room Thefts

Image

You pull out the sheet of paper with information detailing the thefts. You ask, "Was this the document that was removed from the filing cabinet?" Magnifi replies, "You are correct... finally. It is my belief that Lauren Tehra tried to retrieve that document." You reply, "Are you claiming that Lauren Tehra was the one stealing evidence?" He replies, "It is a distinct possibility." Everyone in the room suddenly starts discussing this development at a shocking volume. You tell them to stop talking and continue, "Do you actually have any proof for this assumption?" Magnifi angrily replies, "Sadly, I do not! However, it could explain why the document was moved, if she was the killer." You retort, "Need I remind you that that's an extremely big if!" You think over the details for a second before continuing, "Perhaps there is a way we can find out more information about this case!" Magnifi mumbles, "And what would that be? We've tried every avenue." (This seems extremely obvious. Surely they'd have checked this already? Either way, I should still bring it up.)

We could use this to examine the thefts in greater detail!
PRESENT evidence.

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 95%
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Eh its always more fun to get it wrong anyway.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Hmm... This is a tough one.

To steal evidence, you would need a keycard to get into the Evidence Room. Only one something would have the records of the time that you sign in and out of the Evidence Room or the Security Room...

That something would be.... The Visit Sheet.

Presents the Visit Sheet.... Err, the Visit Sheet Stain. Whichever one is correctly. Maybe if we looks at the visit sheet, we might be able to get more information about the case.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

No qualms here.

Present the visit sheet TWICE
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Pierre wrote:
Eh its always more fun to get it wrong anyway.


Yeah, I had people pick the obviously wrong answer plenty of times. Or try every option except the required one just to see how the other character's react. It's pretty fun for me too!

Spoiler: Not Many Quotes This Time. :(
OshaliteX2 wrote:
... Luminol?
I'm good at suggesting for CYOAs


Present: Visit Sheet (Stain)

Image

You pull out the visit sheet, with a confident grin on your face, "This visit sheet is how we can solve the problem! We can use it to find out who used the card reader on one of the nights that something was stolen!" Magnifi shakes his head, "That's a somewhat correct idea, but there's a problem. The last theft was about two weeks ago, correct?" Your confident smiles quickly dies. "Yeah, I guess so..." "Well," the detective continues, "That sheet is no longer available. It was recycled. We don't keep our visit sheets for very long." You sigh, "Well, that's just great..." Magnifi glares at you, "It's not like it would have mattered anyway. Just because someone's name is on the visit sheet, it doesn't mean they stole the evidence. I certainly wouldn't consider that conclusive proof, and I doubt any courts would either." You sadly put the sheet away. (I need more conclusive proof, then? Well, I would need something that actually showed the state of the security room. Something that wouldn't have been deleted yet... Wait, a minute... That's it!)

{{Yeah this question was kinda dumb and it's three days until Friday I'm gonna move on because I'm a cheater sowwy}}

Present: Broken Monitor

Image

You show Magnifi something. I don't know, maybe a picture of the monitors? Yeah lets go with that. "Well, if we need a visual record of the theft, how about we check the camera recordings?! There may not be cameras in the evidence room, but there are some in the security room! We could see who entered and exited the evidence room!" Magnifi laughs, "Don't be ridiculous. I personally checked the camera date for every theft. I never saw anyone suspicious entering the evidence room. They must have used some kind of bizarre hidden route to get inside!" You reply, "Well perhaps you missed something, Detective Glass! I personally won't be satisfied unless I check the data personally! So, I'm going to check the data whether you like it or not!" You proceed to leave the room before he can argue your point.

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 1:30 PM Location: Police Department, Security Room.

Antonio Bridges, Magnifi Glass, Ann Istheesa, and Lucas Hall walk into the security room. You are already standing at the computer, with a stream of video footage playing on the monitor. You say, "Well, look what I found..." The four people gather around the footage to see the monitor. It shows a figure that can be identified as Magnifi Glass leaving the evidence room with an evidence cart. The top of the cart is covered with a tarp. As he turns to lock the door, Lauren Tehra rounds the corner and sees him. The two briefly talk before Lauren Tehra turns back the way she came, and Magnifi walks down the hall towards the lobby. There is no one in the security room. You say, "This footage was recorded on the night of the most recent evidence theft. The evidence was tallied up that night at 7:00, and this happened about an hour earlier. Magnifi, would you like to explain what you were doing here?" Magnifi scoffs, "What do you mean, 'What was I doing?' I was delivering evidence to the evidence room! Is that a crime?!" You grimly reply, "Sorry, Magnifi, but I'm not sure I agree. There's one rather illogical thing about this footage that makes your actions rather suspicious." You point back to the footage.

"I am, of course, referring to this!"
Point out the correct area: Evidence Room Door, Lauren Tehra, Magnifi's Face, Tarp, Cart, Security Room.

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 95%
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

The tarp sounds really fishy.

Point out the tarp.

I don't think the tarp was ever found during our investigation. It's very likely that the tarp was used to cover the cart containing the stolen evidence.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Also point at Magnifi's face and comment how he is too ugly to be a police officer and has an inherently suspicious face.

Then point at the evidence cart before turning and giving Lucas a big thumbs up.

Then announce that Lucas was painting the carts until 9 40pm so Magnifi should not have been able to have one of these to transport evidence.

Then strike a justice pose and pray Lucas joins in.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Wait a minute! We didn't see Magnifi Glass locks the Evidence Room door as he left for the lobby. Did he really locks the door, didn't he?
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Pierre wrote:
Then announce that Lucas was painting the carts until 9 40pm so Magnifi should not have been able to have one of these to transport evidence.


That was on the night of the murder, yesterday. This footage is from about a week ago, the night of one of the thefts.

Rioichi Cooper wrote:
Wait a minute! We didn't see Magnifi Glass locks the Evidence Room door as he left for the lobby. Did he really locks the door, didn't he?


He did lock the door. I just forgot to specifically mention that.

Spoiler: I don't know what I'm doing.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
It's... the tarp.
It's gotta be the tarp.
Or Magnifi's face.
I'm good at suggesting for CYOAs.


Also I'm a decisive witness now yay.

Present: Magnifi's Face

"This object is extremely suspicious!" The room is filled with silence as you point at Detective Glass. The aforementioned is the first to reply, "Um... What is so suspicious about my face?" You continue, "Well, not really anything I suppose... But come one, look at his face in this one frame!" Antonio walks over to the monitor, and then bursts out laughing, "HAHAHA! That right there is a meme-worthy face!" Lucas chimes in, "It looks like he just passed gas or something." You reply, "I know, right?! That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!" Magnifi shouts, "Alright, that's enough! If you're done making fun of my facial expressions, could you actually get to the point?!" You snicker, "Ha! You just made it again!" Magnifi groans, "What did I do to get assigned to this station?" You return back to the monitor. "Alright, for real this time. I am of course referring to THIS!"

Present: Tarp

Image

Your finger rests on the evidence cart. More specifically, you show the tarp covering the top of the evidence cart. "This tarp is highly suspicious! There is no reason for it to be here!" Antonio replies, "Gosh, Vesti, I didn't know you disliked tarps this much! Maybe I'll remove them if you find them that offensive..." You sigh, "No, that's not it. But think about it? Why is there a tarp on top of this evidence cart? It can't be a piece of evidence, because then Magnifi wouldn't have taken it out of the evidence room with him. So, what is it doing covering the evidence cart? I think... that it was hiding something!" Magnifi asks, "And what exactly is it hiding?" You reply, "Isn't it obvious? The tarp was covering the evidence cart, and inside was... the stolen evidence! And who happened to be moving that cart?" Magnifi groans, "You can't be serious. Are you accusing me of larceny because I put a tarp over an evidence cart? That's a new low, even for you, Vesti!" You reply, "I suppose it would be, if it weren't for the fact that that's not the only suspicious thing about this scene!"

"This object is also strange!"
Point out the correct area: Evidence Room Door, Lauren Tehra, Magnifi's Face, Tarp,Cart, Security Room.

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 95%

HINT: The answer is not the Broken Violin.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Darn...thought I was onto something with that cart...

Maybe I still am?

If he was delivering evidence to the evidence room why did he leave WITH the tarp?

Point at the Cart.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Maybe it's the Visit Sheet?

Normally, you would need to sign in or out of the Evidence Room or the Security Room. The visit sheet would have both records of the time that you sign in, and the time that you sign out. But however, Magnifi didn't sign in or out of the Evidence Room or the Security Room, which seems suspicion to me.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Visit sheet wasn't in the list of options on the video.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: That feel when only one person gets the intended answer.
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
point out Lauren's face
Zoom and Enhance on the Visit Sheet

There's no one in the Security Room, isn't that supposed to be staffed at all times?

OshaliteX2 wrote:
What sock said.

Dimitri wrote:
Point out the Evidence Room Door, or the Cart I guess. If he was delivering evidence to the room, why was he leaving the room, especially with a potentially loaded cart?


Present: Evidence Cart

Image

You point to the Evidence Cart in the picture. You suddenly shout, "If the evidence was inside the room, why did you leave with the cart?!" You smile, confident that you have solved the entire mystery. Magnifi sighs, "Because I had to return the cart to the lobby. You know, the place where they store all the evidence carts? So people don't have to carry all the evidence to the evidence room in just their hands?" You continue, "Oh... right..." Your Prestige decreases by 5%. "But wait," you continue, "If the tarp was evidence for the evidence room, then why did you take it out of the evidence room with you?" Magnifi replies, "It wasn't actually evidence. I used it to keep the elements from getting onto the evidence." "Then why didn't you fold it up in drop it in the cart when you were done?" Magnifi glares at you in silence. "See? And that's not the only suspicious thing this footage shows! Allow me to direct your attention to this, for real this time!"

Present: Security Room

Image

You point out the Security Room in the footage. "As you can see here, the security room is completely empty! Which means that, judging by this footage, there wasn't anyone guarding the security room on the night of the crime!" "But that's ridiculous!" Antonio Bridges interjects, "I always make sure someone is assigned to the Security Room!" You continue, "Well apparently, the assigned person wasn't there when this video was filmed. So, Chief Bridges, do you happen to remember who was supposed to be running the Security Room that day?" Antonio replies, "Yeah, I think it did come up during the investigation. If I recall correctly, it was Magnifi... Glass..." The room fills with silence for a moment, before you continue, "That seems odd. Why was Detective Glass delivering evidence on a night when he was supposed to be guarding the security room? Could you explain this conundrum, Magnifi?" Magnifi appears to be deep in thought. You continue, "Since Magnifi isn't interested in telling us, I have an idea. In fact, it's fairly simple. In order to explain these inconsistencies, we must assume that Magnifi Glass is the one stealing the evidence! On the night of the theft, he took the evidence cart to the security room, and waited until most of the police officers had left the station. Then, he entered the evidence room with the cart, loaded it with evidence, covered it with the tarp, and left with it. I'm not sure what he did once he got to the lobby, but we could probably find out with the security footage. More importantly, we can compare this footage with the times of other thefts. If the same problems show themselves in that footage, then we can assume that Magnifi is the thief after all!"

The room is filled with silence, as people take in Vesti's claims. Eventually, Magnifi finally replies to the accusations. "Brilliant deductions, Vesti Gates, but I have a few questions. That conclusion seems very obvious. Don't you think the detective assigned to the thefts would have figured this out by now?" You reply, "Of course not! After all, YOU were assigned to this case!" Magnifi glares at you. You continue, "Let's not jump to conclusions! That wasn't meant as a personal insult! What I mean is that with you as the lead detective, you could cover up any of the supposedly 'obvious' evidence that would have been bad for you. THAT is why it took so long for us to discover the truth!" Magnifi continues, "Alright, I suppose that makes sense, but I have another question. What does this have to do with the case?" You explain, "Do you not recall how we got on this subject in the first place? The document regarding these thefts was removed from the Chief's Office, the real crime scene. That implies that the murderer was attempting to steal or change those documents, and why would they do that unless they were also the one stealing the evidence?!" "Are you sure about that?" Magnifi retorts, "Need I remind you that the victim in this case was Officer Bajj? There is no obvious connection between him and the evidence room thefts! Perhaps the murder and the attempted theft of that document aren't connected! Even if I was the thief, which I am not admitting to, you can't connect me to the murder simply because I may have been the evidence thief!" You smile and reply, "Are you sure about that? What if I can prove that the motive had something to do with the thefts?" Magnifi sighs, "Really? Well, if you're so confident, then go on ahead and present your evidence. I'm waiting." You reply, "Uh... Well... I'm not actually ready... Let me think about it for a second."

Suddenly, Vesti Gates zooms into his own head. It is a magical experience for all present.

(So let's review the facts of the case! Oh wait, I'm just thinking about the motive... so that's not necessary. Wait a minute, what am I even doing? I just tried to think and now this red line is appearing? And I'm seeing a superimposed image of my forehead in my brain? Oh... whatever.)
(I'm trying to figure out why the evidence thief would have wanted to kill Officer Bajj. To my knowledge, he was a fairly normal police officer. Do I have any evidence suggesting why he was killed?)

Choose an answer:
Yes, I have evidence!

No, who am I kidding I don't have anything! :'(

Maybe, I just need to use brute force to make them accept it!


{{SCHEDULE CHANGE: Updates to Vesti's CYOA will be daily until the Revisualization ends! This is because you guys shouldn't wait three days for an update that will likely be ten sentences :object: long.}}

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 90%
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Picks "No, who am I kidding? I don't have anything!"

We haven't found anything that suggests WHY Officer Bajj was killed.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Always bet on Brute Force
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Hooray for updating way too early!
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
No, who am I kidding I don't have anything! :'(

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Make sure to do the super sad-looking face.


And so the fun-filled adventure continues...

You answer begins to appear, but then randomly vanishes.

"Maybe, I just need to use brute force to make them accept it!"

(...Okay, now that's just being silly. Let's try again.)

Your answer materializes in your head, in really large bold letters this time.

NO EVIDENCE SUGGESTS A POSSIBLE MOTIVE!

(Exactly. I don't have any evidence that explains why Bajj was murdered.)
(However, he was certainly killed... Could there have been another reason? Perhaps a reason why Bajj could have been indirectly murdered?)


Choose an answer:
The culprit killed the wrong person!

Officer Bajj died of natural causes!

The culprit was trying to frame someone else!

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 90%
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Picks "The culprit was trying to frame someone else!"

I already brought it up a while ago. And I'd say it again: If we cleared Lauren Tehra's name in the murder of Officer Bajj, then Antonio Bridges would be arrested.

But what could had happened that made the culprit change their target from Antonio Bridges to Lauren Tehra?
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: And the easy questions continue!
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
The culprit was trying to frame someone else!

Dimitri wrote:
Ohey, daily updates now. Wheee.

Well, we know it wasn't natural, and from what I remember I doubt they killed the wrong person, so I'll have to go with the third answer.


As you think over your idea, you realize that it is the only one that works...

BAJJ WAS MURDERED TO FRAME SOMEONE ELSE!

(This is the most logical explanation. Bajj's death could not have been accidental, but there is no specific reason for him to have died. This means that the culprit was probably trying to frame someone else for murder!)
(But who was the culprit trying to frame?)


Choose an answer:
Antonio Bridges

Ann Istheesa

Lauren Tehra

Magnifi Glass

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 90%

HINT: It's totally number five.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Picks 'Antonio Bridges'

Since the murder occurred in the Chief's Office, it would make sense that the culprit was trying to frame Antonio Bridges.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

We had two votes for Lauren Tehra, and one for Antonio Bridges, so I guess that I'll use the former.

Spoiler: YAAAAAAAAAY!!
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
It's totally number five, huh?
Evidence is on page 1.
The use of the violin makes it look a bit like Antonio Bridges, but...
Lauren Tehra

Dimitri wrote:
but there isn't a number five

I'd have to say that my guess is to frame Lauren. Maybe that's why Lauren's blood samples and such had been stolen from the med room?


Your answer begins to form in your mind...

THE CULPRIT KILLED BAJJ TO FRAME LAUREN TEHRA!

(Even if Bajj was killed in the Chief's Office, he was specifically moved to the Security Room where Lauren was stationed. The killer also made a fake murder weapon using Lauren's book, and left Lauren's blood at the crime scene. Clearly, the culprit was trying to frame Lauren, and this may have been the only reason the crime even happened.)
(But that raises another question. Why would the killer go to all that trouble to put Lauren in jail?)


Choose an answer:
Lauren Tehra saw something she shouldn't have!

The killer thought Lauren Tehra was annoying!

The killer wanted Lauren Tehra's job!

The killer wanted revenge for some heinous act Lauren Tehra once committed!

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 90%
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Picks 'The killer wanted Lauren Tehra's job!'.

This would makes sense if the thief and the killer are the same person.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Yeah, I don't know.
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Lauren Tehra saw something she shouldn't have!

Dimitri wrote:
Umm... Number 3? I don't even know.


You attempt to select your answer...

THE KILLER WANTED LAUREN TEHRA'S JOB!

THE KILLER WANTED LAUREN TEHRA'S JOB!

(No... that doesn't really make sense... Of the four main suspects in this case, only one of them would feasibly want Lauren's job. That would be Lucas Hall, since he's of a lower rank than Lauren, but I seriously doubt he's the killer. He doesn't seem to be connected to the Evidence Room Thefts. Most of the other policemen were probably gone before the murder took place.)
As for the other suspects, Magnifi Glass has the same job as Lauren, so he wouldn't want her job. Ann Istheesa is a coroner, so she isn't qualified to be a detective. And finally, Antonio Bridges is the chief of police, so he would go DOWN to get Lauren's position. So, I don't think this could be the motive...)


You think over the facts again, and come to another answer.

LAUREN TEHRA SAW SOMETHING SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE!

(Assuming the killer is also the one stealing the evidence, this would be a possibility. Perhaps Lauren saw something that would lead her to determine who was stealing the evidence? Considering she's a detective, the killer would want to stop her from revealing this info... But do I have any evidence showing what she saw?)

Choose an answer:
The Broken Violin!

The Security Footage!

The Evidence Thefts Document!

The Symphony Poster!

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 90%
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Pick "The Security Footage!"

Perhaps she saw something in the security footage.... Which might explain why the security footage from the day and night of the murder was deleted.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

I was going to update this on Saturday, but then I forgot.

Spoiler: Whoops.
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
The... Evidence Thefts Document?

OshaliteX2 wrote:
The Security Footage!


The answer appears in your head.

THE SECURITY FOOTAGE!

And with this idea, you come to your final realization.

THE CULPRIT KILLED BAJJ TO KEEP LAUREN FROM REVEALING SOMETHING!

You look back at the people gathered before you. Finally, you begin to explain yourself. "You want to know why the evidence thief would have a reason to kill Bajj? Well, the answer is simple... he didn't!" Magnifi looks at you in confusion, and asks, "Detective Gates, do you even know what you are saying?" You reply, "Of course I do!" Antonio interjects, "Well then why are you saying the killer had no reason to kill Officer Bajj? He ended up dead, didn't he?" "Of course," you continue, "But what I mean is, when the thief killed Bajj, it wasn't to keep HIM from revealing anything. Instead, his goal from the start was to FRAME LAUREN!" Everyone in the room reacts with shock in a generic manner. Magnifi shouts, "What are you saying?!" You reply, "What do you mean 'What am I saying?'. I just explained it, Magnifi! You need to pay more attention!" Magnifi retorts, "Of course I was paying attention. It's just that everything you are saying doesn't make any sense!" "I don't know about that. I'd say that it's the only explanation. Not even you can think of a motive for the murder of Bajj, but what if the killer meant to frame Lauren instead? Perhaps Lauren saw something that could lead to the thief's identity getting revealed! The thief would want to keep her from revealing this information, correct? So framing her for murder would be one solution. After all, even if she did figure it out, no one would believe a murder suspect!" Magnifi groans, "Alright, Vesti. Let's briefly assume that you know what you're talking about. What was it Lauren saw that could reveal the thief's identity?" You respond, "Have you forgotten already? We saw it too! I'm referring to the footage on the security tape! It clearly shows Lauren running across a certain someone leaving the evidence room. And Lauren, being a detective, surely noticed the tarp over the cart and the empty security room. And considering how skilled she is, the thief probably assumed that she would eventually find the connection between those two facts, if she hadn't already. So, he acted quickly, using the schedule the Chief posted to enact him plan as soon as he could. And that plan was put into motion yesterday!" Magnifi shouts, "This is absurd! This whole idea is a stretch, even for you! Why wouldn't the killer just kill Lauren?!" You explain, "I can't be certain about that. Perhaps the killer wanted to make the motive less obvious. Perhaps the killer thought being arrested would avoid the risk of Lauren leaving some kind of dying clue. How about you tell us, Magnifi?" You point dramatically at Glass, then continue, "After all, you're the one who was pushing that cart of stolen evidence!"

The room fills with silence. The two detectives stare at each other from across the room, as Magnifi tries to take in the weight of all the accusations. Eventually, he glares at you, and replies, "Alright, perhaps I did steal all the evidence. And perhaps I would have a motive if I did. But that doesn't mean anything! To be honest, I'm dissapointed, Vesti. You keep tossing around all these accusations, and yet you've hardly provided any proof. Allow me to show you what I mean!"

Testimony: Why Lauren is Still the Killer.
Magnifi: You managed to explain most of the facts pointing to Lauren as the culprit...
Magnifi: ...but you haven't explained all of them.
Magnifi: Lauren's blood was found at the crime scene.
Magnifi: The only reason it could have gotten there is because she was injured there.
Magnifi: So, I think Lauren is far more likely to be the culprit than I am!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 90%
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Presents the Genetic Records at Statement 5.

Actually, Lauren's wound was fine by the time she came to the Security Room on the night of the murder.. The only way for the blood to be there... Is if the killer have access to the Genetic Records and has taken some of Lauren's blood!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Press statement 2:

But c'mon...I must have explained over 60-70% of them by now! Surely we can just say "that's pretty good, there's probably more suspicious people to look into by now" and call it a day?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

By the way, I added genders and ages to the Profiles section last time. I forgot to mention that earlier.

Spoiler: What am I doing?
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Press statements 3 and 4.
What? Don't look at me.

SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Present the Genetic Records on statement four.

Dimitri wrote:
Present what we know about the Genetic Records. Lauren's record clearly had less blood in it than the others.


Press: All the Statements

Image

"Come on Magnifying Glass, there are so many people here more suspicious than Lauren Tehra we're wasting time we need to do more investigating!" Magnifi replies, "Okay, first of all, RUDE. Second, who are you saying is more suspicious than Lauren Tehra?" "Uh..." "You better answer now cAUSE I'm not giving you time to think ok. Who here is more suspicious than-

Image

Present: Abraham Lincoln

You show everyone a picture of Abraham Lincoln. "Look at this chap! He's really suspicious! He's got that spooky beard and everything! And that HAT! He could have hidden the murder weapon in it! He must be the killer." Everyone looks at you in astonishment. Antonio asks, "Uh... Mr. Gates? You do realize that Abraham Lincoln is dead, right?" You laugh something scary. "Yeah, and I suppose Alexander the Great is dead too! But let's be serious! Abraham Lincoln could have easily built a time machine to travel to the modern century! In fact, he's probably hiding among us now! Trying to lead us off track in the investigation! And the person who has disguised themselves as Lincoln to kill Bajj is..." You slowly trace your finger around the room, before suddenly stopping on someone. "YOU!" "ME?" Lucas Hall shouts incredulously. "Of course," you continue, "Who was the last one to join the agency?! It was you! Therefore you must be Abram Link because with other else someone would have figured out now before!" Lucas is all like, "Noo it can't bee." Then you say, "ALright time to reveal the truth behind this case!" An epic Pursuit theme starts playing as you get ready to corner the culprit. You remove Lucas Hall's ridiculously cheap paper mask and it turns out to be, "Abraham Lincoln's Vice President Andrew Johnson!" Andrew Johnson sez, "That's right, I've come from the past to avenge the death of Abraham Lincoln!" "What do you mean?" the token never-going-to-appear again side character says. Johnson continues, "You may not have known, but Officer Bajj was actually John Wilkes Booth, the man who killed Lincoln, in disguise. After the assassination, he secretly escaped the barn shoot-out and used his time machine to get to the present! We had to stop him!" "We?" "Yeah, we." Johnson pulls off Antonio Bridges's cheap paper mask, revealing Benjamin Franklin! "Wha-bu-wha-bu-whawhawhawha Benjamin Franklin had nothing to do with Lincoln's assassination!" Johnson explains, "Yeah, we know. Benjamin Franklin was just angry that he was destined to die of spontaneous combustion, and so he wanted to take his anger out on someone." "It's true," Franklin confirmed. You mumble, "Oh and I suppose Ann Istheesa is someone else too."

You pull off Ann Istheesa's mask, revealing... Franziska Von Karma!!! "Oh you've gotta be kidding," she says. Then she starts whipping people like there's no yesterday. Magnifi says, "hey bro that's illegal." Von Karma replies "It is but you don't have the right to arrest me." She takes off Magnifi's mask, revealing Scooby Doo. It was only a matter of time. Suddenly, Lauren Tehra walks in and says "Ok what is happening?" You reveal, "So the murder was actually a plot by Benjamin Franklin and Andrew Johnson to kill John Wilkes Booty" {{I swear I didn't mean to type that leaving it in though XD}} "Oh right that's what I thought. So, Vesti, are you wearing a cheap mask too?" You reply, "Of course not! Are you?" "Don't be ridiculous! I'm a forensic scientist named Lauren Tehra, I'm enough of a rip-off already. This monitor is wearing a fake mask though." Lauren pulls the monitor's mask off, revealing dual-weilding Falchion Lucina (don't ask) and the Judge's Canadian Brother. "Wait what!" you shout. The Judge raises his gavel and says "PENALTY!" Your prestige decreases by a gajillion% points. You scream, "aaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaAaaaaAAAAAAAAAASEJUFHRIRHDGHFCV-" THE END! Just kidding APRIL FOOLS! Just kidding this is real. Just kidding it's fake. Kust jidding it's Neil Armstrong. Kidding just it's Jake Marshall. Just kidding it's a sign of "I spent way too much time on this." Let's just call this a really bad fanfiction and pretend it never happened. Suddenly, Magnifi shouts "Scoooby dooooooby doooooooooooo!" and it's over.

Alright everyone, now that that's over with, let's move on to the update part of the update.

Present: Genetic Records: Statement 4

Image

You begin, "I wouldn't be so certain, Magnifi. That's not the only way the blood could have gotten on the Visit Sheet!" "Oh really?" Detective Glass asks, "And what exactly is this other way?" You show the detective some information on the Genetic Records in Ann Istheesa's office. "Our coroner has several samples of the blood of employees at this police station. It wouldn't have been difficult for the true culprit to get one of these vials and place the blood on the visit sheet at the crime scene, thereby framing Lauren!" {{Author's Note: I don't think the guy who extended that song actually knows what it's called.}} Ann interjects, "Wait a minute... Are you trying to blame me for this murder?!" You reply, "What? Of course not! There's no way you could be the killer." She responds, "Really? And why CAN'T I be the killer? Are you trying to imply something with that statement?" "Uh... No..." "Are you saying that I wouldn't have the guts to commit murder? Is that it? Well I could easily prove the opposite, right here, right now!" Antonio sighs, "Uh... Ann? Could you not threaten murder in front of me? I'd rather not have to find another coroner..." Ann shouts, "OH! Is that all I am to you? The coroner?!" Magnifi interrupts, "Excuse me, but if we could stay on topic for more than six seconds, I would greatly appreciate it. Now, Vesti Gates, let me make sure I understand this. Are you saying that the killer used the blood from the Genetic Records to place Lauren's blood at the crime scene?" "Of course," you reply. Magnifi continues, "Well, do you have any way to prove this?" You explain, "When I investigated the Genetic Records, I noticed that the container holding Lauren's blood had less blood in it than the others. Not only that, but we could probably compare the blood in the bottle to the blood on the visit sheet using... you know... forensic stuff... and the two would probably have similar compositions! And THAT would be undeniable proof!" Magnifi replies, "You don't sound particularly certain about that theory." "Well, I'm not a forensic scientist, if you hadn't noticed." You turn to Lucas Hall and ask, "Are there actually any similarities the blood would have?" Lucas replies, "I'm not sure. The glass vial the blood was in could potentially leave traces, but I'm not certain. I'm pretty new to this, after all." "Well then," Antonio orders, "Bring Lauren Tehra to this room! Surely, she can settle this!" "But isn't she the main suspect right now?" Antonio explains, "Just put her in handcuffs or something! We don't have much time here!" Lucas Hall salutes dramatically, and then quickly exits the room.

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 2:00 PM Location: Police Department, Security Room.

Lauren and Lucas return quickly, and they both enter the door. Lucas shouts, "Alright, I brought her!" Lauren Tehra asks, "Good afternoon, everyone. Has Vesti gotten me freed from these pesky charges yet?" Antonio replies, "No, of course not. We're currently stuck at a roadblock. Vesti here thinks that the blood at the crime scene could actually be from the genetic records in the Coroner's Room. Would you have any way to prove that using your forensic equipment?" Lauren replies, "Of course I could. Unfortunately, I was never trained in operating my forensics equipment while wearing handcuffs, so I don't think I'd be much help." Everyone stands around in silence for a moment, annoyed at having not realized that earlier. Antonio answers, "All right, I guess we're going to have to remove your handcuffs so you can complete these tests." Magnifi replies, "WHAT! She's the main suspect! Don't be absurd!" Antonio laughs, "Magnifi, you put too much faith in me! I LIVE to be absurd! Besides, we've got five members of law enforcement in this room. I doubt she would be able to escape. Now let's hurry this along!" Lucas unlocks the handcuffs on Lauren's wrist, but doesn't catch them in time, allowing them to symbolically fall to the floor. Lauren smiles and says, "Finally! Thanks for helping me, Vesti!" You smile back, and reply, "You're not completely clear yet. Just do whatever you're doing with the forensics, so I can act like I know what's going on again!"

Lauren and Lucas Hall take the Visit Sheet over to the counter, while Ann Istheesa leaves to retrieve the blood from the genetic records. Once she has returned, Lauren begins fiddling with her forensics equipment, while the other two make sure she isn't tampering with the results. After several minutes, Ann turns to address the rest of the group. "We've confirmed several things about the two blood samples. For one thing, both samples have traces of the same glass in them. This glass happens to be the same composition as the glass vial. Secondly, the two samples have spent the same amount of time outside of the body." Lauren explains, "These two facts explain two things about the state of the blood. For one thing, the blood should not have had glass in it if it spilled straight from my body and onto the visit sheet. Not only that, but if Magnifi's theory in correct, the sample in the records should have been removed earlier than the sample on the visit sheet. However, the two were apparently removed at the same time." Lauren points for dramatic effect, "This proves that the sample on the visit sheet actually came from the genetic records!" The security room is filled with multiple people cheering unnecessarilly loudly, except for Magnifi Glass, who looks extremely annoyed. Antonio jovially replies, "Well, I think I can safely drop the charges against Lauren Tehra, thankfully. We're going to have to continue investigating to find the real killer, though..." Lauren responds, "I don't think that will be necessary! I believe we have enough evidence to convict Magnifi Glass right away!" Magnifi groans, and replies, "Great, are you in on this too? You've got to be kidding me! All of these accusations are baseless conjecture!" Lauren continues, "I'll admit that most of Vesti's accusations are baseless conjecture, but I believe he has successfully proven a motive for you to have committed the crime. ...or at least I think he did... Lucas was talking a little too fast when he summed all this up..." You reply, "While I disagree with Lauren involving my investigation tactics, I still firmly believe that you are the culprit!" Antonio interjects, "Oh, now you're up against Vesti and Lauren, the legendary detective power duo! Have fun, Magnifi!" Detective Glass snaps, "This is ridiculous! If I supposedly killed Officer Bajj in the Chief's Office, then why was his body found in the Security Room?! Are you suggesting that I, a 54 year old man, carried a 60 year old all the way between the rooms?!" You explain, "Of course not, Magnifi. In fact, the answer is extremely obvious."

"You used this object to move the officer's body!"
PRESENT evidence.

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 90%

{{OH GOSH THIS UPDATE TOOK SO LONG}}
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Put on Shades, draw gun, jailbreak with Vesti now she isn't chained up....


Or y'know...present the evidence cart.

XD Who presented the Abraham Lincoln bit?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Pierre wrote:
XD Who presented the Abraham Lincoln bit?


That was Vesti himself. When Magnifi said "I'm not giving you time to think" he meant, from a psychological standpoint, "I'm not giving you time to recieve actions." So, Vesti Gates just sort of did his own thing.

That's why this is a CYOA, not a fanfiction. :)
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Presents the evidence cart!

That's how traces of the trail was left behind.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Time for more adventures of failure and success.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Evidence cart!
I'm not even looking at the first page!
I'm probably gonna have to edit this...!

EDIT: Nope, totally sticking with this theory. THIS GAME TH--*asplodes*

Dimitri wrote:
Iiiiiittt's the evidence cart that had blood in the bottom.


You consider performing an awesome jailbreak scene with Lauren, but then remember that Lauren isn't actually under arrest, so it wouldn't really work. Needless to say, you are quite dissapointed.

Present: Evidence Cart

Image

You begin, "Come on, Magnifi! That's an easy one! After all, you already used this particular item during your past crimes!" Magnifi sighs, "And what exactly would those past crimes be?" Lauren interjects, "Weren't you paying attention, Magnifi? We're referring to the evidence thefts we were talking about a few seconds ago. I'm beginning to wonder if you're fit to be a detective after all..." You continue, "Well, the fact that he murdered someone probably wouldn't help his resumé." Magnifi shouts, "Could we just move on with your insane accusations instead of focusing on this pointless banter?" You reply, "Sure, Detective Glass! Simply put, you used an evidence cart to move the body between the two rooms!" Lauren continues, "After all, this cart was what you used to transport the stolen evidence, as I myself happened to see!" Magnifi responds, "That's great. But do you actually have an proof for this claim?" You explain, "Of course we do! During my investigation, I had this cart examined with Luminol, and I discovered a rather large bloodstain on the bottom! I, uh, sort of forgot to get it examined, but the only person in the police station who could have dropped this much blood would have been Detective Bajj! Considering the evidence carts would have been in the lobby at the time of the crime, the only reason for this one to have Bajj's blood on it is if his corpse was transported in it! And being stationed in the Security Room at the time, Lauren would have no reason to do that!"

Lauren continues, "Furthermore, a trail of red paint was discovered leading from the Chief's Office to the Security Room, and a similar trail was found from the lobby to the office. All of the evidence carts had been repainted not long before the crime began, so this red paint is probably from the one of those carts. That trail proves that a cart was moved between those three rooms. That path would have been ideal for delivering Bajj's body to the Security Room. Considering these facts, it's very likely that this cart was used for transporting the body. This is the method that you, the only person with an obvious motive for the crime, used to frame me!"

Image

Magnifi explains, "While that is a somewhat logical theory as to how the body was moved, it doesn't explain how the body could have been moved at all." You irritably reply, "What do you mean?! Do I need to make it any simpler? You picked up the body, dropped it in a red cart, and pushed it to the security room." Magnifi explains, "I don't mean the physical act of moving the body. I'm referring more to a certain factor that would have made it impossible to get the body into the security roomin the first place!"

Testimony: A Significant Factor
Magnifi: If you recall, Lauren was assigned to the Security Room.
Magnifi: With her there, it would have been impossible to leave a corpse in the room...
Magnifi: ...unless she was the actual killer or the accomplice.
Magnifi: And before you bring up the uncomfirmed "call" Lauren recieved...
Magnifi: ...the real killer could not have predicted something like that!
Magnifi: Unless the real killer was also the Chief!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 90%
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Consult Partner Lauren: *whispered* Wouldn't you have recognised the Chief's voice over the radio? Magnifi couldn't fake that? Is he actually involved? I mean I know I declared that the Chief was SUPER guilty at the start but that was before Magnifi turned out to be all shady.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Nnnnnnngh! This is difficult! I might have to think about this for a while.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Presents the Two-Way Radio at Statement 5.

Everyone at the police station owns one of these. So, the killer owns one of these! All the killer have to do is set his radio to the frequency that Lauren's radio uses, then imitated the Chief's voice to lure her away from the security room. Then the killer can move the body to the security room.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

{{Author's Note: Considering how these cases are planned out (1: Tell yourself to plan it out. 2: Forget to plan it out. 3: Wing it.) I sometimes do something stupid. For that reason, I sometimes end up fiddling with the descriptions for pieces of evidence without telling you people. So, if you don't already, I'd recommend looking through the evidence because the next prompt will be pretty much impossible using only your memory. Okay bye.

Also, I don't think anyone really understands how the Two-Way Radios work. That's ok, because I don't understand how they work either. So let's just pretend that you people know what you're talking about because I certainly don't.}}

Spoiler: My path is clear!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Er... press statement 5?

SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Present the Two-Way Radio. Everybody has one, maybe Magnify imitated the Chief's voice?


Consult Lauren!

You turn to Lauren and ask, "Wouldn't you have recognized the Chief's voice over the radio? Could Magnifi have faked that?" Lauren explains, "Yeah, probably. Magnifi and Antonio are only three years apart, and their voices sound pretty similar. Not to mention those radios aren't anything like cell phones, so voices sound kind of scratchy and distorted through them. Considering that, I think even you could sound like the Chief. Wait, you work here. Shouldn't you already know all this?" You reply, "Well, yeah, but I was just making sure, y'know?" Lauren continues, "Alright, that doesn't really make sense, but I'll trust your judgement."

Press: Statement 5

Image

You ask, "Are you sure the real killer couldn't have predicted that?" Magnifi sighs, "What do you mean? Of course I'm sure. If Lauren didn't receive a call from the chief, then she wouldn't have had any reason to go to the chief's office. Unless of course, she killed Officer Bajj, which seems unlikely at this point. If she did recieve a call from the chief, then the only person who could have predicted that would have been Antonio Bridges himself. And the killer would have to know that Lauren Tehra was leaving the Security Room in order to frame her." Antonio interjects, "Are you implying that I killed him?" Magnifi replies, "No, of course not. I am only stating it as a possibility. However, it is a very likely one, considering the nature of the crime scene and murder weapon..." The chief shouts, "You're being ridiculous! Officer Bajj was my friend! There's no way I could kill him!" You say, "Don't worry, chief. I don't think you killed him. In fact, I've already made my suspicions clear." Magnifi replies, "Have you now? Well, unfortunately, I'm not the chief, so there's no way I could have predicted that Lauren would have left the security room. Consequently, I would not have moved the body there. There is simply no reason to suspect me as the killer."

Image

Present: Two-Way Radio: Statement 5

You continue, "There is actually one way that you could have predicted the call from the chief! In fact, it would be simple if YOU made the call yourself." Magnifi laughs, "Don't be ridiculous, Vesti. Even if that is a difficult task for you, you could at least try. Are you claiming that the chief and I are actually the same person?" You reply, "Of course not. Don't be ridiculous, Magnifi. You could have easily made the call yourself using your OWN radio!" Magnifi's calm demeanor seems to vanish for a second. He briefly appears agitated. You continue, "As you surely know, these radios have a terrible sound quality. It wouldn't have been difficult for you to imitate Antonio's voice, especially considering how similar your voices are. Not only that but-" Antonio interjects, "What do you mean?! Our voices are nothing alike! I speak with inflection and excitement, and Detective Glass here always sounds bored." You sigh, "Of course, Chief. I meant that your voices sound similar, even if you have different... er... inflection tactics. Now, could I finish my explanation without getting interrupted?" Chief Bridges replies, "Certainly, now that that important issue is cleared up!" (I don't think that "issue" was really that important, all things considered.) You continue, "Anyway, the radios also don't keep any data on them. Radio messages aren't recorded, so there wouldn't have been any way to do a voiceprint analysis. Not only that, but there isn't a system of caller ID on the radios! Lauren couldn't have known who was ACTUALLY on the other line. So these radios would have been the perfect way to impersonate the chief!" Lauren continues, "And knowing that, your argument completely falls apart. If you used the radio to trick me into visiting the chief's office, he could then move the body to the security room and drop it off without me knowing. And THAT is how you pulled off the crime."

For a few seconds, Magnifi only glares at you. Eventually, he replies, "Alright. So you two somehow managed to explain that away. However, there is still another problem, one that is in a similar vein to the last one. A issue that makes the whole idea of Officer Bajj being killed in the chief's office unlikely." You respond, "But we have plenty of proof that he was killed there!" Magnifi continues, "Of course you do, but that still doesn't change the facts. The fact that I was referring to is, of course, Antonio Bridges. He should have been occupying his office at the time. However, a murder occured in that room, so either he committed it, or he wasn't in the area. From what I can tell, the chief must have left the room for a completely random reason, if he actually did. Now, I will ask this question again."

"How did the killer know Chief Bridges would leave his office?"
PRESENT evidence.

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 90%
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Presents the Symphony Poster!

Antonio Bridges claimed he have to go uses the restroom... However, that's an excuse so he can go to a meeting which happened at 10:20 on Friday! And Friday happened to be the day and night of Officer Bajj's murder!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Two of the forums were faffing about, so I don't have any quotes here.
I said I don't have any quotes here!!


Present: Symphony Poster

Image

You begin, "This question is easy to answer if you have a specific piece of important evidence!" Magnifi looks somewhat worried, "And what would this evidence be?" You pull out the symphony poster that you "borrowed" from the Chief's Office and raise it into the air. "THIS!" The room erupts in general confusion. Antonio shouts, "AH HA! So THAT'S where my poster went!" Lucas excitedly yells, "Awesome! That poster probably has nothing to do with the case, but that delivery sure selled it!" Ann Istheesa groans, "Why am I not surprised..." Lauren asks, "Um... Vesti... Why did you take the poster from Antonio's office?" You reply, "Because it's important evidence, of course!" Lauren responds, "But you couldn't have possibly known that. Did you just take it, hoping it would be useful later?" You say, "Maybe I did, but that's not the point! This poster just so happens to answer Magnifi's question!" In contrast to the rest of the room, Detective Glass looks slightly worried. "This poster is advertising for a symphony that meets at 10:20 on Fridays. If you look at the current member list, our chief Antonio Bridges happens to be a member! So, it's easy to assume that Antonio would have left to rehearse before the murder was committed!" Magnifi replies, "That's not proof! That poster doesn't prove that Antonio left on the night of the crime." You explain, "That doesn't make a difference, Magnifi. This poster provides a reason why the killer would have entered the Chief's Office. Naturally, he would assume that Antonio would have left on that night. If he didn't, then it wouldn't matter. He would simply call off the plan when he saw the Chief in his office! But that doesn't matter either, since Antonio is right here. He can tell us!" The room turns to look at Antonio. The Chief sighs, and explains, "Yeah, I did leave to rehearse. In fact, I've been doing that every week. I just never told anyone, since some people would probably say that it wasn't 'proper police chief behavior.'" Ann Istheesa mutters, "I don't think loudly playing violins is 'proper police chief behavior' either..." The Chief continues, "So, yeah, I wasn't there on the night of the crime. The killer could have done anything in my office, and I wouldn't have been there to see it." You turn to address Magnifi again, "And there you have it! I believe I've covered every part of the crime. So, Magnifi, what do you have to say? Are you going to keep struggling uselessly, or will you confess? What'll it be, Detective Glass?" The room fills with silent expectance. Everyone waits to see what the detective will say. Finally, he shouts,

Image

The detective continues, "Nice try, Vesti Gates. But don't act like you've proved everything just yet!" You reply, "What else is there? I've explained how the entire crime was committed!" Magnifi replies, "Of course you have. You have provided a reasonable explanation as to how someone could have committed the crime. But the key word is 'could'! This entire time you've been throwing wild accusations at me, but you've always been avoiding that one important thing: decisive evidence. Something that proves that it was specifically me who murdered Officer Bajj." You claim, "But I've proven plenty of stuff. You're the only one who has a motive!" Magnifi sighs, "Seriously, Detective Gates? Do you actually have an education? You can't arrest someone because they have a motive! Plenty of innocent people have reasons to kill murder victims, but that doesn't make them guilty. You need actual evidence to prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that I'm the killer." You explain, "That shouldn't be a problem. You needed a lot of items to set this up. We could just check something you wouldn't have normally used for fingerprints. Like the murder weapon, or the genetic records. That would prove you were the killer." Magnifi replies, "Sure, Vesti, be my guest. Look for all the fingerprints you want. See how that goes for you." You are about to leave to do just that, but Lauren stops you. She whispers, "Vesti, we're dealing with a detective here. I'm sure he used something to keep his fingerprints off everything he touched. You can clearly see how confident he is, so I doubt there are any fingerprints on those items." You reply, "...You're probably correct. But I don't know what else to do. I don't have anything that specifically implicates him." Lauren explains, "Actually, I think you already have the evidence you need. If Magnifi did murder Bajj, there's one item he has to have his fingerprints on. There was one item he had to use in order to keep his fingerprints off everything else. And, if I'm right, then that object should still have his fingerprints on it." You consider what Lauren is saying, and come to the same conclusion that she already has. You turn back to Detective Glass, and continue, "Actually, I don't think that will be necessary. I already have the evidence I need right here." Magnifi asks, "Oh really? Well, then, go on ahead..."

"What is the piece of decisive evidence?"
PRESENT evidence.

Evidence is on page 1.
Prestige: 90%
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Presents the White Gloves.

And with that, I believe I know what happened here. Let's start from the very beginning on the night of the murder:

It all started when the culprit waited until Antonio Bridges left his office to go to the symphony meeting which happens at 10:20. Once Antonio Bridges left, he snuck into the office, wearing a pair of white gloves. He wore those gloves, because he didn't want Antonio Bridges to know someone was snooping around the office while he was away. Anyway, he was looking for some documents to get rid of. To be more specified, he was looking for the document that detailed the Evidence Room Thefts. Once he found what he was looking for, he didn't count on that....

Officer Bajj, who happened to walk by... He noticed that the culprit was inside the Chief's Office, and realized what he was up to. He caught the culprit in the act of theft! Bajj most likely went in to confronts the culprit. The culprit must had realized that he was caught. He feared that his career would be ruined if word got out that he was the thief behind the Evidence Room thefts... So, in the spur of this moment, he grabbed the nearby item that became a murder weapon: one of Antonio Bridge's violins and smacked it into Officer Bajj's forehead. Once he realized what he have done, he knew that he have to shifts the blame onto someone else. And that's when it came to him that he could frame Lauren Tehra for the murder, because she knew what he was up to.

First, the culprit cleaned the broken violin with the cleaning supplies Antonio Bridges keeps on his desk. He cleaned the violin to hid the proof that the violin was the murder weapon. Then he dumped the white gloves inside the trash can, not knowing that a piece of rubber was torn from one of the gloves and caught in the strings of the broken violin.
Then, he went to the lobby to fetch a evidence cart, the very same cart he used to commits the thefts. He didn't know that the evidence carts were painted a while ago, and the paint haven't completely dried yet. Then he went back to the Chief's Office and puts Bajj's body into the cart. At some point during, the culprit might have gone to get Lauren Tehra's blood from the Genetic Records in the medical room. Once everything was ready....

The culprit used his two-way radio to lure Lauren away from the Security Room. Once Lauren was distracted, he moved the body into the Security Room, where we'll find the body where it is now. He removed the body from the evidence cart. Then he grabs Lauren's book, and smacked the book into the corpse's neck to give it another wound, and also to puts some of Bajj's blood on the book. He then poured some of Lauren's blood from the bottle onto the visit sheet. He did all of this to make sure she was fully framed. Once he made sure everything was what he wanted, he deleted the security footage of the day and night of the murder, knowing that it can't be recovered.

Once everything was ready, the culprit smashed the monitor that is displaying the Chief's Office, and fled the Security Room with the evidence cart. He must had went to put the evidence cart back where he found it. And also to put the bottle of Lauren's blood back in the Genetic Records. The sound of the glass breaking would alerts Vesti Gates to investigate the source of the sound he heard. Once the crime was discovered, the culprit was quick to arrest Lauren, and assigns himself as the detective of the case. However, he didn't counts on that Vesti Gates would be able to investigates the case and clear Lauren's name, with our help.

And that's the truth behind this case. What do you have to say for yourself..... Magnifi Glass?!
Page 3 of 19 [ 737 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Blinky, Pierre and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO