Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 8 of 13[ 493 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 


Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Honestly, you guys are jumping the gun here.

Something tells me that Toadette didn't kill Mario. It seems way too obvious that she was picking flowers near the field where Mario fell.

But who could have killed Mario? That's up to us to figure out during the trial.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

{{Okay, I don’t mind theorizing about the crime at all, but the cases ARE planned out ahead of time, so we can’t confront someone early or anything. While this is a Choose Your Own Adventure, choices won’t change the plot that drastically, just like in most Ace Attorney games. If we followed through on a theory that was incorrect, the plot would go off in a completely different direction than I intended. As interesting as that would be, I don’t think I could handle doing something like that.
By the way, I’m not trying to de-confirm any theories with this message or anything.}}

Spoiler: Nothing to see here, move along.
SEEEEE, I TOLD YOU


Date: ??? Time: ??? Location: Mushroom Kingdom Court, Courtroom No. 2

Everyone was assembled in their assigned places in the courtroom. Toadsworth sat at the Judge’s bench, eyeing a time-keeping device on his desk. Wario stood at the prosecutor’s bench, looking somewhat annoyed. Lauren, Vesti, and Toadette were assembled at the defense bench, quietly discussing the case. The courthouse was filled with a loud din, as many toads in the gallery discussed the events of the last trial. Thankfully, they had calmed down since the ordeal that had ended said trial. Finally, the discussion was quieted as Toadsworth slammed down his gavel multiple times.

”Court will now reconvene for the trial of Luigi.” He looked to the prosecutor’s bench and asked, “Is the prosecution ready?” Wario replies, “You bet I am!” He laughed uproariously, and continued, “Look! The defense team actually made it to the courthouse this time!” Vesti shook his head, and replied, “Wario, don’t you think we have better things to worry about then my lateness yesterday?” Toadsworth explains, “The defense is right, Wario. Please do try to remain on topic.” Wario replies, “ … Fine. Anyway, the prosecution asserts tha-” Toadsworth interjects, “Now, wait a minute, I haven’t asked the defense team if-” Wario continues, “I don’t care. Anyway, the prosecution asserts that Luigi killed the victim and threw him out the window, just like yesterday.” Vesti replies, “What about the stuff we proved yesterday, Wario? Are you just going to ignore all of that?” Wario explains, “Look, pal, the only thing you proved yesterday is that the victim took part in a crime that happened a long time ago. All you did was cause a riot and buy yourself some more time. So, if you don’t mind, I’d like to move on to the witness I meant to present last time.” Vesti tried to reply, but was interrupted when Lauren grabbed him by the arm to stop him. She mumbled, “Vesti, I know he’s being a bit of a jerk right now, but you just have to ignore him. If you present what we learned yesterday, he’ll just use it to get a Guilty verdict. Wait, until a better opportunity presents itself.” Realizing she was right, Vesti refrained from saying anything. Wario continued, “Now, the prosecution calls Toadeo to the stand.

Within just a few minutes, the mustachioed toad guard has been escorted to the witness stand. Wario says, “Witness, state your name and occupation.” The guard replies, “My name is Toadeo, and I’m an honorable member of the royal guard!” Wario responds, “That’s great. Now hurry up and get to your testimony.” Toadeo replies, “I most certainly will! I’m sure the nosy defense team over there is quite pleased that they will finally here my most honorable testimony.” Vesti replies, “If you’re so excited about it, why don’t you get to the point already?” Toadeo replies, “You know, what I think I will!” As Toadeo begins dramatically clearing his throat, Toadette mumbles, “That took much longer than it needed to.”

Testimony: Toadeo’s Honorable Testimony
Toadeo: I was valiantly walking down the castle path, guarding the castle…
Toadeo: …when I looked up and saw something fall from Mario’s room!
Toadeo: I was Mario! I would recognize that red outfit anywhere.
Toadeo: He fell and landed on the dirt path, right in front of me!
Toadeo: That young lady at the defense bench came over from the fields…
Toadeo: …so I told her to watch the body and ran to get help!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(Toadeo doesn’t seem like the type to lie in court… Still, there’s something off about this testimony… I just need to find it!)

Prestige: 90%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Press Statement 4. Are you sure that Mario fell right in front of you on the dirt path?

Press Statement 6. And you left her to watch the body?

Also, Planetbox, I know what you mean. You would never make the killer's identity way too obvious from the start.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14029

Press Statement 5: You mean Toadette?

Then Present Body Notes/Flattened Grass on Section 4: "DIRT PATH?! MORE LIKE PATH...OF...INJUSTICE AND LIES!" *pause to think of point* "Uh...ahem...as you can see from this evidence, Mario actually landed in the field on grass! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF TOADEO!?"

In hindsight, Vesti thought perhaps he had been holding in his anger for too long and perhaps he came across a bit strong.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: How does Mario is die? The truth come out!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Press the last statement and the third-to last one.


Press: Statement 6

Image

Vesti asks, “This is Toadette you’re talking about, right?” Toadeo replies, “Yes, that is precisely who I’m referring to! She was collecting flowers in the field nearby. I told her to watch the body, in case the killer tried any funny business!” He looked to be very proud of himself. Vesti asks, “So, let me get this straight… You, an honorable member of the royal guard, left to get help while leaving behind the body to be watched by… a civilian?” Toadeo’s prideful demeanor crumbles. His mustache bristles, as he angrily replies, “Now, hold on! There’s no need to be condescending about it! I assumed she may not have known which authorities to contact! Besides, I was in a bit of a panic, and wasn’t thinking straight. Can you blame me? A body had just fallen from the sky!” Vesti replies, “Aren’t members of the royal guard supposed to be level-headed during a crisis?” Toadeo gasps loudly, and responds, “W- what is this?! A- are you trying to get me fired from my job? Is this some kind of insane revenge scheme! Well it won’t work! I’ll show you! I invoke my right to remain silent!” Toadeo crosses his arms and stops talking, glaring angrily at basically everyone in the courthouse. Vesti decides to give up on this line of questioning.

Toadeo suddenly asks, “Hmm… As an aside, does this mean that Toadette is a witness? Will she be testifying?” Wario explains, “Nah. She said testifying would make her uncomfortable, or something. I was going to make her do it anyway, for the fun of it, but she basically saw the same stuff as Toadeo, so I decided it wasn’t worth it.” Toadette shouts, “I’m still here, by the way.” Wario bluntly replies, “I don’t care.” Vesti asks, “Uh… Your Honor? Didn’t you already ask that?” Toadsworth replies, “Did I? Hmm… I don’t know… My memory seems to get worse everyday!” Wario continues, “This is a huge waste of time. Can we just get to the verdict already?” Vesti replied, “Of course not! I haven’t even finished cross-examining the witness.” Wario responds, “Fine. Please hurry it up, though. I’m getting hungry.”

Press: Statement 4

Image

Vesti asks, “Are you sure that Mario fell right in front of you on the dirt path?” Toadeo refuses to say anything. Vesti shouts, “Answer the question, Toadeo, please!” Toadeo turns up his nose disdainfully. Wario loudly slams his hands on the table. He shouts, “Toadeo! Quit wasting my time! Answer the question now, or I’ll make sure you become nothing more than an honorable garbage collector!” Toadeo raises his hands frantically and shouts, “AH! OK, OK! I’ll answer the question!” Once he’s calmed down, he continues, “Yes, I’m serious, he landed right in front of me! I’m serious! ...Okay, maybe not RIGHT in front of me… I suppose he was about a foot in front of me. But that doesn’t make a difference!” Wario asked, “Hey, Vesti, you better not be claiming the body actually fell eleven inches away from him and calling it a contradiction!” Vesti replies, “Of course not! I’m just trying to be certain that’s all!” Wario continues, “Good. Toadeo, continue with your testimony!”

Present: Mario’s Body Notes: Statement 4

Image

Vesti suddenly shouts, “Dirt path?! More like… PATH OF INJUSTICE AND LIES!” Lauren, in a deadpan tone, remarks, “Excellent introduction.” Wario grumbles, “I hope you realize how lame that sounded.” Vesti continues, “Quiet, you! Now, Toadeo, are you sure that you saw Mario fall onto the path?” Toadeo replies, “Of course! How many times will I have to repeat it?!” Vesti explains, “It doesn’t matter how many times you repeat it, Toadeo. It won’t change the facts. When Captain Toad arrived at the crime scene, he testified that Mario’s body was lying in the field, several feet from where you claimed it was!” Toadeo shouts, “What?! That can’t be!” Vesti replied, “It’s true, Toadeo. In fact, plenty of people here have seen the body, and could testify to its position. So, Toadeo, who don’t you tell us what really happened?” Toadeo angrily slammed his fists against the witness bench multiple times, shouting, “B- but that’s what really happened! I saw the body land on the pathway! That’s not even an important detail! Why would I lie about that?!” Wario asks, “I agree with the witness here. Toadeo has no reason to lie about something so pointlessly mundane. So, I’d like to see you resolve our little predicament here…”

“Which is the truth: this testimony or the evidence?”
Pick a response:

1. Toadeo’s testimony.

2. The evidence.

3. Both are correct.

Prestige: 90%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Well, I'd go with both are correct. Toadeo doesn't seem like the type to lie. And the evidence doesn't lie either.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14029

Clearly Mario survived the fall and the body was moved after so yeah I claim both are correct.

Toadeo found the body in the right spot but so did Captain Toad. Meaning something must have happened to the body while he was away. Therefore we should call Toadette to the stand as she was watching the body in that time period!
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: insert witty one-liner
OshaliteX2 wrote:
3.
Oh, the twist!


Vesti explains, “Toadeo certainly seems to be telling the truth, but it’s not like the evidence can be wrong either. Therefore, I think that both must be correct!” Wario shouts, “What?! Have you gone completely insane?! The body can’t have fallen onto two different places at the same time!” Vesti replies, “It didn’t have to! There’s a much more reasonable solution. Allow me to explain: when Mario fell from the tower, he landed on the path, right in front of Toadeo. Then, he was moved from the path, to the field. Then Captain Toad came back and saw Mario in his new location. See? It’s simple!” Wario replies, “It may be simple, but that doesn’t mean it make any sense! The killer would have no reason to move the body that short of a distance. It wouldn’t even give them an alibi! Who else would have any reason to move the victim’s body?” Vesti explains, “You do have a point Wario… But, that is also easily explained. And this, is where things get interesting.” Wario responded, “Yes, I’m sure this will be very ‘interesting’. If you’re so confident, why don’t you go ahead and tell us!”

Who moved Mario’s body!
Pick a response:

1. Toadeo moved him.

2. Mario moved himself.

3. The Killer moved him.

4. Captain Toad moved him.

Prestige: 90%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

I'll go with number 2. We have evidence that proves our point.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Southern Corn

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3783

I'll go with number three myself.
A great man once wrote:
Newton. But where is OLDton?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: I almost forgot to put something here.
EmperorToad wrote:
3.
because why not

OshaliteX2 wrote:
2, what an even bigger twist!
Yeah 3 probably.


Option 3

Vesti suddenly exclaims, “I got it! The killer moved Mario’s body!” Wario replies, “Seriously? I just explained why that doesn’t make any sense?” “You did?” Vesti asks, “…Could you explain it again? I forgot.” Wario comically slams his head into the prosecutor’s bench in disappointment. He stands back up, and shouts, “Judging by Toadeo’s testimony, the victim’s body only moved about two feet from the path to the field. Why the heck would the killer move the body that far? They couldn’t fake an alibi because the body would still be in the same place! They would accomplish nothing but make it more likely that someone would walk in on them. Not only that, but Mario was murdered in his room, so the killer couldn’t have made it down to move him in time! See? It doesn’t make any sense!” Vesti replied, “Well… maybe the killer bungee-jumped to the field and then moved him so no one would trip over him!” The courtroom is filled with complete silence. Toadsworth just shakes his head, and explains, “Sorry, but I have to agree with the prosecution here. This all sounds rather farfetched. I’m afraid I’ll have to penalize you.” Vesti mumbles, “Dang it,” as his prestige decreased by 5%.

Lauren turns to Vesti and explains, “Vesti, try thinking about this from another perspective. There are plenty of ways Mario could have been moved. Another person didn’t necessarily have to do it. Try thinking over everything you’ve learned.” Vesti quickly replies, “Thanks Lauren, but I’ve got it figured out now!” Lauren mumbles, “I figured you would.”

Option 2

Vesti shouts, “I got it, for real this time! Mario wasn’t moved by someone else, he moved on his own!” The same deathly silence fills the courtroom, before Toadsworth asks, “Should I just give the penalty now?” Vesti quickly replies, “N-no! Just let me explain! Mario was able to move into the field on his own, because when he fell onto the dirt path, he was still alive!” Hearing this, the gallery begins talking amongst themselves loudly. Toadsworth quiets them with his gavel, just in time for Wario to shout, “W-What?! Are you saying Mario survived getting hit by the fire flower and falling from the castle?! That’s even more ridiculous than you last argument!” Vesti replies, “Yes, it is completely ridiculous… but only if you assume that Mario was hit with the fire flower before falling!” Wario mutters, “ ….What are you saying….” Vesti continues, “During the investigation, I learned something interesting from Luigi. He didn’t attack Mario, Mario attacked him, in an attempt to get the photos from the fake kidnapping! That’s why there was ash on Mario’s hand. It came from when he fired it! Finally, Luigi pushed Mario in self-defense, accidentally sending him over the balcony! But when Mario hit the ground, he was still alive, perfectly capable of walking, or at least crawling, into the field!” Wario hesitates for a few seconds, before replying, “Y-You can’t be serious! That can’t be how it happened!” Vesti explains, “It’s the only explanation that accounts for the discrepancy between Toadeo’s testimony and the evidence! Not only that, but there’s plenty of evidence to prove it happened. For example, Mario’s meal remained uneaten, unlike Luigi’s. That proves Mario had a motive for inviting Luigi other than having a picnic. This explanation even explains flaws in the prosecution’s argument, such as the ash being on Luigi’s non-dominant hand. This makes more sense if he was hit by the fire flower instead of firing it. Not only that but Luigi could testify about what really happened. However, I don’t think that’s necessary, because we now know where Mario really died!”

The court is silent for a moment, as Wario appears to be struggling to think of a comeback. Eventually, Toadsworth exclaims, “…I must say, this explanation does sound plausible. I’ve heard tales of Mario surviving a fall from the castle’s roof by ground-pounding before he reached the bottom. I suppose it’s not too unbelievable that he moved into the field on his own.” Wario replies, “…Fine. So, Mario was alive when he fell out of the window. What does that change?” Vesti replies, “That question has a much simpler answer. If Mario was still alive when he reached the field, then that means he was murdered in the field. Someone shot him with a fire flower when he landed in that field, and that’s what finally killed him. So, since the crime scene is different now, alibis will be different too as a result. For example, Luigi has an alibi now, because he was in the castle when Mario died in the field. On the other hand, if someone no longer has an alibi, then that’s probably who the killer is!”

(Alright, let’s look over the people I’ve met so far. If one of them had an alibi that no longer holds up, then I bet they’re the one who really killed Mario!

This is it! Soon the truth will be revealed! Let’s go!)


“This person must be the true killer!”
PRESENT someone’s profile.

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Geez, I knew that option 3 would be too obvious, only if you failed to review the evidence before deciding which option to stick with.

As for the true killer's profile, present Toadette's profile.

Though, I really doubt she's the real killer. But we'd like to hear her side of what happened on the day of Mario's death.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Southern Corn

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3783

Present Wario's profile just for the lolz


Then present Toadette.
A great man once wrote:
Newton. But where is OLDton?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14029

Leap over the defence bench and shove Toadettes profile repeatedly into Toadsworths face with great justice while laughing maniacally.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: uh oh spaghettio
EmperorToad wrote:
Wario, i guess.
Or someone else if they say

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Princess Peach?


(Wait… does this mean… what I think it means?

…No way… This can’t be right!

Okay, let’s just look over all the witnesses… Luigi was in Mario’s room, and Princess Peach was there too. They can both cover for each other. Bowser was in prison. Captain Toad was at the police department. Wario and Toadsworth never gave an alibi, but they probably have one, and I have nothing to suggest otherwise. Toadeo immediately left the field, leaving…

…leaving Toadette behind to watch the body…

I thought she was on our side… What if I’m wrong? Can I really bring her to the stand? …Could she really have… killed Mario?)


Suddenly, Lauren Tehra grabs Vesti by the arm to get his attention, and mumbles, “Vesti, judging by the look on your face, I can tell you’ve reached the same conclusion I had a while ago. So, let me remind you of something: we’re detectives. It’s our job to reveal the truth, no matter what it may be… Not only that, but right now we are defense attorneys. Our client isn’t guilty, so we need to make sure they get the right verdict. That means we have to keep fighting, whether we’re right or wrong. Got it?” Vesti slowly replies, “Yeah, I understand. …Honestly, I hope I’m wrong… but I have to go for it anyway.” Vesti turns back to the rest of the court, who are starting to look rather tired of waiting. He mumbles, “Alright, let’s go for it!”

Present: Toadette

Vesti begins, “Like I explained earlier, the new location where the murder occurred has brought with it different alibis. For example, Princess Peach, who was up in the castle, now has a much more solid alibi. However, some people have had their alibis… significantly weakened.” Wario shouts, “I hope you’re not about to accuse me… because I was in the prosecutor’s office at the time of the murder, and several guards can back me up on that. I never saw fit to bring it up…” Toadsworth exclaimed, “Vesti, I do hope you are about to present something more substantial than an accusation against members of our judicial system…” Vesti replies, “W-What? Of course I am! You guys just keep jumping to conclusions before I can finish!” Wario replies, “That’s a little rich coming from you.” “Okay!” Vesti continues, “As I was trying to say, we know that Mario was murdered after he fell into the Fields by the castle. If we take Toadeo’s testimony into account, one surprising fact comes to light!” Vesti slams his hands against the defense bench, and shouts, “Toadette must have witnessed the murder take place!”

Of course, the gallery begins excitedly discussing this, before Toadsworth quiets them. He replies, “…Vesti, are you saying that your co-counsel may be the perpetrator of this crime?” Vesti mumbles, “Uh… Well… Toadeo said she left her to watch the body… and because Mario was still alive at the point…… I think that Toadette must have seen something, so I believe she should be brought to the stand! That’s all I’m saying!” Vesti suddenly hears someone giggling directly to his right. He turns and sees that the source of the sound is Toadette. She turns to him, smiling, but it wasn’t the same smile she used to give. Vesti saw something different in her eyes… something more akin to disappointment and a touch of anger. Toadette, in a somewhat unconvincing cheerful voice, replied, “Oh, don’t worry, Vesti. I know EXACTLY what you’re saying!” Wario gruffly replies, “…I’m not sure about this… but this trial has already gotten so messed up that I just don’t care anymore. The prosecution calls Toadette to the stand, and I don’t care whether you want to do it or not.” Toadette replies, “It’s okay, I don’t mind. I think my testimony will clear everything up!” (…This can’t end well…)

Within just a few seconds, Toadette has moved to the witness stand. Wario asks, “Hurry up and state your name and occupation.” Toadette replies, “My name is Toadette, and I’m a charity worker! I work tirelessly to make life for the Toad’s better!” Toadsworth mumbles, “ …I suppose we should just hurry things along. Toadette, please testify as to what you saw after Mario fell out of the castle.” Toadette replies, “Sure! …Just don’t be surprised if my testimony isn’t that surprising.” Wario mumbles, “…Just get on with it…”

Testimony: What Toadette Witnessed
Toadette: I hate to say it, but the defense is mistaken!
Toadette: You see, I was the one that moved Mario.
Toadette: I didn’t want him to be in the way of the authorities when they arrived…
Toadette: …so I lifted Mario off of the ground…
Toadette: …and I carried him into the fields.
Toadette: He was already dead by then!
Toadette: The killer must have been someone who was up in the castle!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(Part of me hopes there isn’t a contradiction in this testimony, but if that’s the case, then Luigi will just get stuck with the blame again… But, is Toadette really the killer? …This testimony will probably make things clear.)

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Present the Pathway Marks at statement 5. Come on, Toadette, that's not true. The pathway marks proves that you couldn't have moved the body. The pathway marks includes some handprints and some drag marks. Which means that Mario crawled into the field.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14029

Slam the desk with all the strength my multiple personality that is assured of Toadette's guilt can muster.

And press statement 3

What on earth does "in the way of the authorities mean?" You tampered with the crime scene!
Now explain this pathetic argument you've built!
Or save me time and confess your guilt!
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: ok
EmperorToad wrote:
Press "he was already dead then"

OshaliteX2 wrote:
I was just about to say the same thing.
Also press "lifted him off the ground" and maybe also present the flattened grass there as well.


Press: Statement 3

Image

Vesti, who is getting kind of confused because of all his conflicting emotional responses to basically everything that’s happened, is able to regain his bearings and press a statement. He slams his hands on the defense bench and asks, “What on Earth does ‘in the way of the authorities’ mean? That sounds very suspicious!” Toadette replies, “Well, I don’t know, I just thought it would be a good idea to keep corpses off of the walking path!” Toadette pulls a flower out of her basket and begins absentmindedly fiddling with it. She continues, “I mean, what if the detectives came to the crime scene riding a yoshi or something and ran right over the corpse? That would be REALLY unfortunate!” Vesti asks, “But that’s still tampering with a crime scene! And besides, you don’t seem like the kind of person who would handle a dead body without a very good reason!” Toadette calmly replies, “Well, you’re being a little judgmental there, aren’t you? I’ve handled plenty of dead things in my life! …Well, mostly flowers, but still!” Vesti responds, “…That… doesn’t really make a difference.” Toadsworth explains, “I suppose the reasoning is a little weird, but it’s not too unbelievable, and the witness had just seen a man fall from the sky. She probably wasn’t thinking straight. As for the matter of tampering the crime scene, that can be resolved at a later date.” Vesti mumbles, “Well, there’s no arguing with that, I guess.”

Press: Statement 7

Image

Vesti asks, “Are you sure he was dead?” Toadette calmly replies, “Vesti, there are a few things in life that you just need to be sure about…” Vesti replies, “You still could have been wrong!” Toadette explains, “It really isn’t that hard to tell if someone is dead. If they aren’t breathing, and they just fell out of one of the highest floors in a castle, it’s usually safe to assume they’re dead.” Wario shouts, “Stop wasting the court’s time! If Mario wasn’t dead, prove it with evidence. Don’t just get into a shouting match with the witness!” Vesti replies, “Fine, I will! Take a look at this!”

Present: Pathway Marks: Statement 5

Image

Vesti explains, “When I examined the pathway Mario fell onto, I found something very interesting. There were faint handprints in the dirt path, as well as what appeared to be drag marks!” Lauren mutters, “…Technically, I found those.” “That’s not important right now,” Vesti continues, “What is important is these faint marks, which prove that you’re lying!” Toadette worriedly replies, “W- What do those marks have to do with anything?” Vesti explains, “Well, it’s not really that hard to understand. These handprints must have come from Mario, and they, combined with the drag marks, provide evidence that Mario tried to crawl off of the path after he fell. Therefore, these marks are irrefutable proof that Mario was murdered in the fields!” Toadsworth exclaims, “I see… Judging by these marks, there’s no way Toadette simply carried him into the field. Wario slams his hand on the prosecutor’s bench, and shouts, “Perhaps the witness just misspoke, and she actually dragged Mario into the field! That would leave marks in the dirt!” Vesti explains, “Of course that would leave marks, but not marks like this! If Mario had been dragged into the field, there would be a long drag mark in the dust left behind… but these marks are clearly the result of someone dragging themselves towards the field! Therefore, Mario was still alive when he fell from that building, and the person with the best opportunity to kill him after that was--”

Image

Everyone in the court looks at Toadette, the one who spoke out. Vesti is a little annoyed at being interrupted. Toadette, on the other hand, looks rather upset about something. She sadly plucks all of the petals off one of her flowers. Toadsworth asks, “Toadette, do you have something to add?” After a few seconds, Toadette begins, “…Well… I didn’t want to do this… but I’ve decided to tell the truth about what really happened in the field…” The gallery silently discussed this. Even Wario seems confused about what she’s about to say. Vesti wonders, (…Is she… going to confess?) Toadsworth responds, “Hmm… Alright then. You may begin your testimony… But please, tell the truth this time…” Toadette replies, “…I’ll try.”

Testimony: Mario’s Movement
Toadette: …Mario survived falling from the castle…
Toadette: …but only for about a minute.
Toadette: He managed to crawl about a foot off the path and into the field.
Toadette: It took me a bit to notice… I was too shocked to pay attention…
Toadette: When I saw that he was still alive, I tried to help…
Toadette: …but it was too late. He died from his injuries in the field.
Toadette: He must have been killed in his room, even if he died in the field!
Toadette: …Luigi is the only one who could have killed him!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(…Did she really just do that? S-She’s trying to throw Luigi under the bus!)

(The Toadette I thought I knew never would have done that… I don’t want to believe it, but she’s looking pretty guilty right now…)


Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14029

Maintain calm and press 4 and 5

You had only one job to do! How could you not notice that Mario was still alive and what did you do to help?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Press Statement 2. Only a minute?!

Press Statement 7. Uh, are you trying to imply that Mario was killed in his room and then Mario's body crawled into the field where he died? This is honestly too confusing.

Press Statement 8. Toadette, Luigi told us that he pushed Mario out the window. The burn mark on Luigi's hand came from blocking the fireball that Mario fired at him.

Ugh, Toadette's second testimony is difficult to figure out. All I can think of doing right now is pressing statements.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: I’m writing this update in a moving automobile.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
I find it VERY SUSPICIOUS that Todette says "mostly flowers" when confronted on how often she comes into contact with dead things. A real false murderer would say "only"!
Heh, real false murderer...
Press statement 4.

Dimitri wrote:
I agree, statement 4 seems rather suspicious to me…

Also, if Toadette did in fact commit the crime, or even witness Mario's fall, she must know where the fire flower disappeared to. I suggest a search of Toadette's basket, one of the only places she could have hidden a dead fire flower.


Press: Statement 2

Image

Vesti shouts, “Only a minute?!” Toadette replies, “Uh… Yeah, only a minute.” Vesti asks, “Are you certain of that?!” Toadette replies, “Well, no… But it was probably about that long.” Vesti continues, “‘Probably?’ We can’t have those in a court of law! Are you certain or not?” Wario replies, “Of course she’s not certain, but why does she have to be? For stuff such as time, a rough estimate is good enough.” Toadette continues, “Besides, the point is that Mario wasn’t alive for very long after he fell! That’s all I was trying to say!” Vesti mumbles, “Alright… Why don’t you just continue your testimony, then?” Toadette replies, “Well, yeah, that was what I was trying to do.”

Press: Statement 5

Image

Vesti asks, “Toadette, you only had one job to do! How did you not notice Mario was alive?” Toadette, her voice filled with exaggerated sadness, explains, “…I’m sorry… I just didn’t take the job very seriously! I figured if someone tried to make off with the victim, I’d see them, so I went back into the field to pick flowers… You’ve seen the grass in that field, right? It’s really tall, and Mario’s body was so low to the ground… I just didn’t see him…” Vesti responds, “You can’t seriously expect us to believe that! It all sounds way too convenient!” Toadette slams her basket against the witness stand, tossing a few flowers into the air, and shouts, “I’m telling the truth, I swear! I mean, really… It should be more believable that I didn’t watch the body closely enough than that I killed someone!” Toadsworth shakes his head, and replies, “I have to agree with the witness here, I’m afraid. Vesti, unless you have evidence to present, I’d leave this alone.” “Alright, fine,” Vesti responds, “I have another question, anyway. What did you do to help?” Calmer now, Toadette explains, “Well… I knelt next to Mario and tried to figure out what state he was in, but… he didn’t last very long. I didn’t even have the chance to run and get help. I guess his injuries were too great…” “I see,” Vesti continues, “Before I forget, could you add what you said earlier to your testimony?” Toadette replies, “Oh, sure.” {New statement added}

Press: Statement 7

Image

Vesti asks, “Let me get this straight. You’re saying that Mario was killed in his room and fell out of the window, but then crawled into the field where he died?” Toadette explains, “Yeah… I think he was shot with the fire flower in his room, and then thrown off the balcony. But, neither of those killed him instantly. After he fell, he still had enough life left to crawl desperately into the field, only to succumb to his wounds there. …He died right in front of me… I don’t think I’ll forget that sight for as long as I live…” Wario exclaims, “I see… If that is true, then it explains the mark in the pathway, and it means Toadette can’t be the killer.” Vesti asks, “This is definitely important. Toadette, could you change your testimony to make this more clear?” Toadette mumbles, “I didn’t think it was that hard to understand, but fine.” {New statement added}

Press: Statement 8

Image

Vesti shouts, “A- Are you seriously blaming Luigi for this?! Not too long ago, you were determined to defend him!” Toadette replies, “I know… Deep inside, I was wishing he was innocent. …But I can’t hide the truth any longer! He was the only one who had the opportunity to kill Mario in the castle!” Vesti explains, “But Luigi told us Mario tried to kill him, and he pushed him out the window in self-defense! Luigi is innocent!” Wario loudly replies, “But all you have is Luigi’s word on that! If he killed Mario, of course he’d come up with a story to save his own skin!” Vesti replies, “B- But we have evidence to prove it too!” Wario explains, “Sure, but nothing concrete. We have just as much evidence proving Luigi really is the killer, perhaps even more!” Toadette continues, “I’m sorry, Vesti, but at some point you’ll just need to accept that Luigi might not be the person you think he was.” (Ha! Like I’m just gonna do that! Let’s look over this testimony again. There must be some kind of contradiction, and when I find it, I’ve got to point it out. No matter how small!)

Testimony: Mario’s Movement
Toadette: …Mario survived falling from the castle…
Toadette: …but only for about a minute.
Toadette: He managed to crawl about a foot off the path and into the field.
Toadette: It took me a bit to notice… I was too shocked to pay attention…
Toadette: Besides, the grass was too tall and Mario was too close to the ground for me to see him…
Toadette: When I saw that he was still alive, I tried to help…
Toadette: …but it was too late. He died from his injuries in the field.
Toadette: He must have been killed in his room. That’s where he got hit with the fire flower!
Toadette: Then he died from his injuries in the field. Nothing happened down there!
Toadette: …Luigi is the only one who could have killed him!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(…Did she really just do that? S-She’s trying to throw Luigi under the bus!)

(The Toadette I thought I knew never would have done that… I don’t want to believe it, but she’s looking pretty guilty right now…)

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Present Flattened Grass at Statement 5. Actually, Toadette, there's one way that you could see Mario. There were flattened grass around Mario's body, so it would make sense if the victim flattened the grass himself. That's the only way you could see Mario in the field.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14029

Seems like a fine contradiction to me.

Guess I'll just press Toadettes nose to get extra testimony.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Southern Corn

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3783

Press the second new statement just to taunt her.

Then present the above contradiction. Sorry,Toadette,but you've been caught. Time to reveal...your true colours!
A great man once wrote:
Newton. But where is OLDton?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

That was the right evidence presented at the wrong statement, but who cares

Spoiler: okie dokie
Dimitri wrote:
Ahh, ahhh. I can't help but notice, the grass in the field was flattened around where Mario had fallen. Unless Toadette just happens to be too short to see over the grass right in front of her, I find that new statement somewhat suspicious.

Let's present the Flattened Grass in response to Statement 5.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Yeah sure.


Present: Flattened Grass: Statement 5

Image

Vesti explains, “Sorry, Toadette, but your story doesn’t make any sense.” Toadette replies, “Seriously? I already said the grass was too tall for me to see Mario’s body! Why won’t you believe me?” Vesti continues, “Because it just doesn’t line up with the evidence. The grass out in that field isn’t nearly as tall as you seem to think it was. In fact, most of the grass around Mario’s body was crushes down, and even torn in a few places. That fact alone contradicts two of your claims!” “What!” Wario shouts, “You’ve gotta be kidding me! It’s just some flattened grass!” Vesti explains, “Of course, but it does bring up an important question. If most of the grass around Mario’s body was flattened and torn, then why couldn’t Toadette see his body?” Toadette replies, “I- I certainly don’t remember any flattened grass! Maybe it was knocked over after Mario died!” Vesti responds, “That doesn’t many sense. The area is a crime scene, so it’s been closed off to the public. And besides, what could have called the damage to be in such a specific area? No, I think that the grass was either damaged a while ago, or during the murder After all, Mario might have struggled with his killer, crushing and tearing up the nearby grass. Of course, if that was the case, we have evidence that Mario was indeed murdered in the field, not in his room. So, no matter when the grass was torn up, your testimony is worthless!” Toadsworth replies, “Hmm… Yes, I’m beginning to doubt that Luigi is the perpetrator of this crime…” Vesti shouts, “Of course he isn’t! Luigi didn’t kill anyone! He accidentally pushed Mario out the window in self-defense, sure, but Mario was still alive when he landed by the field. And… there’s only one person I can think of who had the perfect opportunity to finish off Mario in the field that day…”

The courtroom is filled with an apprehensive silence. Everyone seems to be waiting for Toadette to respond. It isn’t too much longer before the witness slams her hand against the witness bench and shouts, “Oh, just hurry it up already! Everyone knows what you’re driving at! Why not just get it over with?!” The gallery’s eyes turn to Vesti, who sighs, before replying, “Alright, fine. The defense wishes to formally accuse Toadette of Mario’s murder!” Toadette laughs softly, and then replies, “Alright then, I can see how much my assistance in the investigation mattered to you… But let’s not worry about that, it’s all in the past now… Instead let’s focus on the present… Where we have a charity worker up on the witness stand, being accused of murder… Am I the only one who finds that a little weird?” Vesti replies, “…Don’t try to get away with it by acting all innocent. And don’t try to get away with it by hiding behind your occupation, either. In my line of work, I’ve learned that things aren’t always as they seem. People can be very different from what their outward appearance suggests.” Toadette explains, “That may be true, but we ARE dealing with a murder here you know. Most people don’t take another’s life over simple matters… Every murder has a motive. So… would you mind enlightening the court as to mine? My charity was made to help people… In fact, I worked with the defendant himself to do so…”

“What reason could I possibly have to kill the victim?”
PRESENT evidence.

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Uh.... Toad Problems?

If that doesn't work, then I don't know.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14029

Present the conspicuous letter marked T.

It's not much but it's enough to implicate Toadette's involvement.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Southern Corn

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3783

Present the mysterious letter. What if it wasn't Toadstool who sent that...?
A great man once wrote:
Newton. But where is OLDton?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: Sorry for the delay! Things happened.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Oh! Oh! I know this one!
The Mysterious Letter!
T means Toadette!
WHOA


Present: Mysterious Letter

Image

Vesti raises the Mysterious Letter into the air, and shouts, “Toadette, take a look at this letter. This letter was sent to Bowser by the person who organized the fake kidnapping!” Toadette, looking rather annoyed, replies, “Why are we discussing this again? We already found out Princess Peach sent it during the last trial. You know, it caused a riot and all that?” “But what if we were wrong the whole time! What if the ‘T’ at the end of this letter actually stood for ‘Toadette’!” Toadette stares at you in confusion for a few moments before replying, “…You’re kidding, right?” Toadsworth exclaims, “Hmm… But I thought Princess Toadstool already confessed to sending that letter…” Wario explains, “Yeah, she did, Toadsworth. She confessed twice, once in court, and once in the interrogation. Apparently, she used her last initial so the letter wouldn’t be tied to her easily if it was released somehow. Frankly, I don’t have a clue what the defense is going on about.” Vesti replies, “Well… Maybe the princess was covering for Toadette! Maybe Toadette blackmailed her somehow! Think about it! It’s a possibility! It would give her the perfect reason to kill Mario; she was trying to cover up her crime!” Toadette shouts, “Sure, but now you need to provide a motive for the fake kidnapping. You know, the kidnapping that almost plunged the entire kingdom into poverty? The kidnapping which left effects I would have done anything to fix? I’m not stupid, I would have known what the consequences would be if the kingdom went without a ruler that long. So, why would I have wanted to completely destroy my own people’s livelihoods? I can’t wait to hear your explanation! I’m sure it’ll be great!” “Uh…” Vesti explains, “Well… Maybe you were actually planning a surprise party?” Toadette sighs, and continues, “Yeah, that’s about what I expected.” Vesti shouts, “Wait, no! Just give me a bit to think about it!” Toadsworth replies, “Sorry, Vesti, but I don’t have the patience for shenanigans of this nature. I’m going to have to give you a penalty.” Vesti mumbles, “Dang it.” Your prestige decreases by 5%. (Okay, I guess that wasn’t correct… However, her speech just now sounded pretty genuine to me. That gives me an idea!)

Present: Toad Problems

Image

Vesti continues, “Alright, I admit it. I may have been slightly incorrect in my previous deductions.” Wario mumbles, “Ah… Only ‘slightly’ incorrect. That figures.” Vesti replies, “…HOWEVER, the fake kidnapping is important to understanding Toadette’s motive for murder!” Toadette responds, “Wh- What are you talking about!” Vesti explains, “You said it yourself, Toadette. Your people have been in poverty ever since that fake kidnapping, and you ‘would have done anything’ to help them. Isn’t that what you said?” Toadette replies, “Well… yeah… but-” Vesti interjected, “So, hypothetically, what would you have done if you had known the kidnapping wasn’t real? If you had known Mario was involved in it? You had worked hard to make things better for the toads, but what if the princess ran off again? Things could have become even worse for the toads. You had to make sure that didn’t happen, didn’t you? So, when Mario fell out of that window, you took your chance and finished him off, ensuring that Peach wouldn’t try to get herself kidnapped again!” Toadette shouts, “Th… That’s ridiculous! If I wanted to prevent another fake kidnapping from happening, shouldn’t I have tried to kill the princess?!” “Of course not,” Vesti explains, “She was the princess. She was always protected by toad guards. Killing her would have been impossible. But for this crime, it didn’t matter. After all, you had no idea that Mario would fall out of the castle window when you were collecting flowers that day. But when he did, you guessed that everyone would assume that he died in his room, and you took your chance! If this princess had fallen from that window, you would have done the same thing. This murder was unplanned, but your motive was present for a while!” Toadette doesn’t say anything, seemingly too shocked to respond. Wario is not, for he quickly replies, “That was a great explanation, bud. But why don’t you tell us one thing: How could Toadette have learned Peach was behind the kidnapping?” Vesti replies, “Toadette was Luigi’s colleague remember? She could have seen the pictures Luigi took of the kidnapping, and come to the same conclusion we did. Or, if she had known that Mario received credit for rescuing Peach when it was actually Luigi’s doing, she would have naturally been suspicious of the princess. Maybe she even did some investigation of her own… The fact remains that there were many ways that Toadette could have learned the truth behind the kidnapping. Unfortunately, she didn’t have any proof, like we did… And when you want to reveal a conspiracy the princess herself concocted, you would NEED proof. And a lot of it… So, how about it Toadette? Have I sufficiently proven your motive?”

Toadette seems to rather annoyed at the most recent events. With anger evident in her voice, she replies, “Alright… Fine… I suppose that’s sufficient…” Suddenly, her expression changes to a confident grin, and she continues, “But I’m afraid that’s not sufficient.” Sighing, Vesti replies, “What is it now?” Toadette continues, “Means, motive, and opportunity. Those are three of the most important things when it comes to proving a suspect’s guilt. You may have sufficiently proven the last two, but what about the first?” Vesti replies, “That’s simple. You shot him with the fire flower.” Toadette replies, “Yes, but how did I get the fire flower? The toad guards would never let a normal civilian like me into the fire flower storage facility. Besides, you said this crime was unplanned yourself. Even if I had somehow obtained a fire flower, why would I bring it to a field where I picked more flowers? If you can’t explain that, you might as well just give up with this accusation.” Vesti continues, “Actually, that’s easily explained…”

“This is how you obtained a fire flower!”
Pick a response:

1. You got it from the fire flower storage.

2. You got it from Luigi.

3. You found it lying around somewhere.

4. You got it from Mario.

Prestige: 80%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973

{{Yeah, as interesting of an idea as that is, it wasn't what I had planned, and there's not really enough evidence for that to be the answer either. Besides, that doesn't seem like something that Toadette would have actually had reason to do.}}
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Pick 4.

It's the most logical answer. We need to remember that Mario was holding the Fire Flower when he attacked Luigi, according to the defendant. If that is to be true, then Mario was holding it when he was pushed out the window.

This means that Toadette was able to get her hand on the Fire Flower.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14029

Gaw man! Could a sworn Toadette was a top level mastermind....of course with an initial like T it could have literally been...any Toad since they all seem to have names that start with T.

4 seems super obvious so deliver it in an utterly obvious and condescending matter.



Of course....you'd think Toadeo would have seen it when Mario fell....


Propose a revolution to install Princess Daisy on the throne given Toadstools obvious corruption.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Southern Corn

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3783

3. Sure,Mario was holding it when he fell,but what if he lost his grip on it? And what if it fell near Toadette?
A great man once wrote:
Newton. But where is OLDton?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
OshaliteX2 wrote:
DANGIT

4


Option 4

“The answer is actually surprisingly obvious,” Vesti explains, “But to make it even more clear, let’s consider where the fire flower was shortly before the murder. Remember, Mario tried to use it to kill Luigi… but where did it go after that? Well, Mario was accidentally pushed out of the castle by Luigi, but we know the fire flower wasn’t left behind in the room. So, there’s only one place the fire flower could have gone. And that’s out of the window, along with Mario!” Toadette replies, “So… you’re saying I just stole it from Mario and killed him with it?” “Why not?” Vesti replies, “Mario was extremely injured anyway. It wouldn’t have been difficult to pull it from his hands. Besides, if you took your weapon from Mario, it would be more difficult to trace the murder back to you.” Wario interjects, “So a dangerous weapon was just lying right there next to the body? Why didn’t Toadeo do anything about it? The royal guard isn’t THAT incompetent!” Vesti explains, “He may not have even seen it. It sounded like Toadeo didn’t examine the body closely before he ran off to notify the rest of the police. Not only that, but Mario probably landed face-first with the flower in his hand, blocking it from his view. And even if Toadeo had noticed it, he could have easily assumed it was just a random flower from the field!” Vesti slams his fists on the defense bench, glares at Toadette, and shouts, “So, that’s means, motive, and opportunity! Is that enough for you, Toadette!”

Unfortunately, Vesti’s argument doesn’t have quite the effect he was hoping for. Instead, Toadette calmly picks the petals off one of the flowers in her basket, tossing them down to the floor. Eventually, she replies, “…Don’t get too ahead of yourself, now. You still haven’t proven anything.” Vesti shouts, “Wh- What are you talking about?!” Toadette replies, “Honestly, I don’t think I can make it any clearer than that. But, alright… I will.”

Testimony: Toadette’s Final Argument
Toadette: Motive, means, opportunity… Sorry that’s not good enough
Toadette: You may have explained how I COULD have committed this crime…
Toadette: …but you haven’t proved I actually did.
Toadette: Just because I don’t have an alibi doesn’t mean I actually killed the victim!
Toadette: I could have just as easily been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Toadette: As it stands, there’s more evidence implicating Luigi than me.
Toadette: If you want this accusation to stand…
Toadette: Then you’ll need decisive proof that I’m the killer.

(This testimony is really quite simple. She’s just saying I don’t have decisive evidence. …To be honest, I’m not sure if I have anything like that…

But there has to be SOMETHING proving Toadette killed Mario… And it doesn’t matter if I don’t have it on hand, if I can find it!)


Prestige: 80%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Toadette.... It's over... Just give up.

Present Burn Marks at Statement 8. We may not have the decisive proof on hand right now, BUT you actually were carrying the decisive proof the entire time! Just show us your hands, and we'll see if you have a burn mark on one of your hands. That alone could prove that you could have committed the crime!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14029

In case the burn marks don't work I guess I'll try this theory from ages ago.

"You're right Toadette, I don't have decisive evidence, the murder weapon was never found but I'm willing to bet its close at hand."

"*Desk Slam* You didn't have long before Toadeo came back so you didn't have time to fully cover your misdeeds, so you shoved the flower somewhere simple so that no one would find it but where you could always keep an eye in it."

*cross arms* "Y'know...you were awfully vague about those flowers in your basket from earlier, since our murder weapon is a flower, why don't you empty out that basket for us, you foul fungus!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Southern Corn

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3783

Yah,I agree. Burn marks,but at statement three instead.
A great man once wrote:
Newton. But where is OLDton?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: 2 Updates 4 The Price of 1
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Uh... the burn mark on Mario's chest, perhaps?


Present: Burn Marks: Statement 3 or Statement 8 who cares which.

Image

Vesti explains, “There is one interesting fact about fire flowers that has been brought up repeatedly over the course of this investigation. Apparently, they sometimes leave behind burn marks and ash on the hands of anyone who uses them. That’s why Mario had a burn mark on his right hand. It was left behind when he used the fire flower.” Toadette shouts, “Are you implying I have a burn mark on my hand? Because I most certainly don’t! See?!” Toadette holds up both of her hands, and, sure enough, they are both completely free of burn scars. “Of course you are,” Vesti replies, “But I wasn’t saying there would be any marks on your hands. Besides, if you had, someone would have noticed by now. On the other hand, if you were wearing thick enough gloves, you could use the murder weapon and remain completely unscathed! Toadette shouts, “But you said this murder was unplanned! Why would I bother to bring gloves?!” Vesti responds, “You had come to the field to pick flowers, right? It isn’t too unreasonable to assume that you brought gardening gloves with you. Some of the flower could have had thorns, or you could have had to dig through the dirt some.” He slams his fists on the desk, and continues, “Besides, you didn’t have to use gloves. You could have used a handkerchief, or any kind of fabric, really. But whatever it was, it would have had to be something that you would have had with you often. Something that could have easily been connected to you!” Wario objects, “Toadette was in the castle lobby for a long time immediately after the murder, and I interrogated her in person. I certainly didn’t notice any gloves or handkerchiefs, and she couldn’t have disposed of the evidence anywhere where we couldn’t find it! Your evidence is useless if you can’t tell us where it is.” Vesti continues, “Don’t worry, I know exactly where the evidence is… It’s in the same location as another item that the police have failed to find… The fire flower that was used to kill Mario!” Toadsworth replies, “That fire flower has been unaccounted for during the entire investigation… Are you saying you know where it is?” “Of course I do. In fact,” Vesti points dramatically, and continues, “The fire flower can be found within this very courtroom!” Wario mumbles, “…You can’t be serious…” Toadsworth remarks, “This had better not be some kind of bluff, Vesti.” Vesti continues, “Of course it isn’t. I’m completely serious.”

“This is where the fire flower is hidden!”

{{Originally, this was going to be one of those multiple-choice questions, but people have said the answer in both threads so many times before this trial even began, that I’m just gonna move on to the next part and pretend everyone picked the right answer.

Toadette’s Flower Basket

Vesti explains, “Why don’t we all just take a look around this courthouse, and think about where the best place to hide a fire flower would be… I’m sure it won’t take us very long to figure it out.” Wario, Toadsworth, and everyone in the Gallery start scanning the courtroom, trying to find this hiding place. Only a few moments later, everyone's eyes finally land on Toadette’s flower basket, conveniently sitting right on the witness bench in front of her. Wario mumbles, “…I can’t believe I didn’t think of that.” “Bailiff,” Toadsworth shouts, “Please perform a search of the witness’s flower basket immediately.” Toadette’s eyes widen in fear, as she clutches the basket against her chest. She shouts, “NO! There’s no reason to search the basket! There’s nothing in there!” Lauren calmly replies, “If there’s nothing in there, you shouldn’t have any problem proving it, right?” Toadsworth continues, “Indeed. Toadette, you’re already looking very suspicious right now. I suggest you hand over your basket immediately.” Wordlessly, Toadette puts the basket down onto the witness stand. Toadeo suddenly arrives, and retrieves the basket. He then moves to the center of the room and exclaims, “Now it’s my chance to perform the most honorable evidence search even seen!” Toadsworth replies, “ … You’re not the bailiff. We must follow proce-” Wario interrupts, “Oh, just let him search it. We might as well get things over with.” Toadsworth continues, “…Fine. Toadeo, please search the basket for the fire flower.” As soon as he receives the order, Toadeo turns the basket upside-down, spilling its contents all over the floor.

“Well, that’s one way to do it,” Vesti mumbles. Toadsworth’s eye twitches, as he exclaims, “I may soon regret this decision.” The Gallery begins softly discussing this development, and it’s clear that most of the court is focused on Toadeo’s unique search methods whether than the contents of the basket that are now displayed on the floor. For this reason, it comes as a surprise to everyone when Toadeo loudly shouts, “Um… Sir… I only see flowers in here!” Wario snaps, “Of course there are only flowers in there! The murder weapon was a fire flower! Weren’t you listening!” Toadeo replies, “No, you don’t understand! Just look! There’s not a single fire flower in this basket!” “WHAT!” Vesti shouts, his voice filling the entire courtroom. Vesti runs to the center of the room himself, Wario doing the same. The toads in the gallery stand up as well, trying to get a good look at the center of the room. Sure enough, the only flowers there are completely normal ones, the kinds found in the castle’s field. There’s nothing even resembling the fire flower’s distinctive red and yellow coloration. Wario notices the basket lying sideways by the prosecutor’s bench. Picking it up, he sees that there isn’t anything inside the basket either. And there certainly isn’t a glove or handkerchief with a burn mark on it. Turning to Vesti, he shouts, “Was this all just a huge bluff?!” Vesti replies, “O- Of course not! There must be something wrong here! There must be some kind of mistake!” Toadsworth remarks, “Sorry, Vesti, but these are clearly just regular flowers. Without decisive evidence, I’m not sure that Luigi can truly be considered innocent… nor can we declare Toadette guilty.” Vesti turns to look at Toadette, who looks just as surprised as everyone else is. She mumbles, “…There’s nothing there? …………Heh… HA HA HA HA!” Laughing, she continues, “See, Vesti, you were wrong this whole time! I’m just an innocent charity worker! I’m still surprised you even accused me, but at least it didn’t make a difference. The right person will get imprisoned in the end!” The gallery begins loudly discussing the events that just took place, causing Toadsworth to begin banging his gavel loudly. In the commotion, Vesti hears Lauren behind him, explaining, “Vesti, this isn’t over. Don’t give up. There’s another explanation. Just think everything over, and figure it out!”

(Yeah… Lauren’s right. Let’s just reflect on the case for a minute, and figure out where the decisive evidence really lies!)

Revisualization: The Missing Fire Flower

(Okay, let’s start by thinking about what Toadette did after the murder. For now, let’s ignore everything I just learned. Toadette must have known that the toad guards would return soon, and they’d be suspicious if she suddenly left. So, she had to put the flower somewhere nearby. What would have been the best place for Toadette to put the fire flower after killing Mario?)

Choose an answer:
The Moat

The Flower Basket

Inside the Castle


Prestige: 80%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14029

Filthy Toad put the flower in the basket!
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Yeah, she puts the Fire Flower inside the basket.

The moat would be too obvious, because if anything goes into the moat, there's a good chance it'll never be recovered.

Picks 'The Flower Basket'
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Southern Corn

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3783

Yep,the basket.
A great man once wrote:
Newton. But where is OLDton?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Page 8 of 13 [ 493 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Franzise Deauxnim and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO