Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 18 of 22[ 880 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title

ASCEND

Spoiler: I thought I was gonna have to release this tomorrow but apparently not.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Press 3 or present the Window and Hospital Sign at 4, I think?

Present: Statement 6: CT-3 Case File

“Wait, that isn’t true,” Vesti says, “Cammy could only have been pushed out of one of those floors…” “Oh, really? Why do you say that?” Lita asks. “The evidence is in the injury report written five years ago,” Vesti explains, “It said that Cammy’s injuries were consistent with a fall of ‘over three stories.’ Therefore, it’s unlikely that Cammy could have fallen from the second or third floors…” “Ah, interesting…” Lita says, “Wait, hold on! That leaves only one floor, doesn’t it?” “Yes, it does. That means Cammy had to be pushed from the fifth floor…” Vesti turns and points at his suspect. “Which happens to be your office, Aura Gold. Care to explain that one?” Aura Gold falls silent for a few telling moments, but she eventually responds, “There’s not much to explain, really.” “What’s that supposed to mean?” Lita shouts, “Are you saying we’re just supposed to dismiss the fact that an attempted murder happened right in your office?” “I- I think I know what she means,” Argenta says, “Sh- She’s saying that someone else could have committed the murder from her office, t- to frame her!” “That doesn’t make sense,” Lauren responds, “If they meant to frame Aura, they wouldn’t have made the crime scene appear to be a different room entirely.” “While that is true, it seems more reasonable to assume that the crime scene was Cammy’s office, as we initially suspected.” Aura says, “Allow me to explain.”

Argument: Five Years Ago
Aura: Even if Cammy was pushed from my office, that doesn’t mean I was responsible.
Aura: Not to mention, I find it doubtful that she fell from my office in the first place.
Aura: After all, it seems ridiculous to change your stance on a case over a few flowers.
Aura: Remember, a suicide note was found in Cammy’s office, and you cannot prove that it was fake.
Aura: You claim the investigation was insubstantial, but only because it contradicts your conclusion.
Aura: The investigation holds up; Cammy committed suicide out of guilt for causing the blackout.
Aura: Any evidence you have suggesting Argenta committed it is all circumstantial.
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(I’m almost there… I know the proof I’m looking for lies somewhere in this testimony!)

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Can we perform a handwriting analysis on the suicide note?

Press the last statement.

Shy guy

Yes, let's perform handwriting analysis on a computer-written note. Maybe it's a font Cammy would never use? Though looking at the evidence, was the computer-written aspect recorded anywhere?

The note is definitely pretty suspicious, anyway. Press the fourth statement, I suppose.

Happy Maria

Hey, how do you know it's actually computer written and not by a person trying to emulate a font?! It's just a theory here!

Gettin' Old!

Hmm could there be something in the timing? The suicide note was discovered hours after the blackout but how quickly was Sammy discovered after the incident? Would she have had time? Sammy's notes seem to indicate she was seen on a stretcher on the day of the blackout but that's not odd in itself. If we know the time of Cammy's fall we might be able to prove she couldn't have planted the note?

Press the statement about how the suicide note couldn't have been faked.

I mean...that or we get the IT experts at HQ to scan Argenta's hard drive to determine whether it's hidden somewhere in its memory.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

The computer-written part was written in the CT-3 Case File. Also I couldn’t figure out how to put this in the post so I’ll say it here. Cammy fell from the building a little while after the blackout happened, so there was at least enough time for her or someone else to have written the note.

Spoiler: help
He got confused :(

Press: Statement 4

“If I recall correctly, that note had been typed on a computer,” Vesti says, “Because it wasn’t handwritten, there’s no proof that Cammy made it herself, so it could have easily been faked.” “Just as there’s no proof Cammy made it, there’s no proof I made it,” Aura replies, “Besides, the note was found in her office. If I had written it, then how did I take it there?” “Well, uhh… You could have just walked into her office and left it there, right?” “Not quite,” Aura replies, “While I certainly could have gotten the note in that way, I would have been caught by the security cameras. Based on the great lengths you claim I went to in order to avoid those cameras when I murdered Cammy, it seems strange that I wouldn’t have been worried about them back then.” “Maybe you managed to leave it there without appearing in front of the security cameras?” Vesti says. “If I could have done that, feel free to show me how. But as it stands, there is no reason to name me as guilty over Cammy herself.” {{New statement added.}}

Argument: Five Years Ago
Aura: Even if Cammy was pushed from my office, that doesn’t mean I was responsible.
Aura: Not to mention, I find it doubtful that she fell from my office in the first place.
Aura: After all, it seems ridiculous to change your stance on a case over a few flowers.
Aura: Remember, a suicide note was found in Cammy’s office, and you cannot prove that it was fake.
Aura: Even if it was faked, I would have needed to drop it off in her office, but I couldn’t have done so without being seen.
Aura: You claim the investigation was insubstantial, but only because it contradicts your conclusion.
Aura: The investigation holds up; Cammy committed suicide out of guilt for causing the blackout.
Aura: Any evidence you have suggesting Argenta committed it is all circumstantial.

(I’m almost there… I know the proof I’m looking for lies somewhere in this testimony!)

This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Present the window/gutter on the new statement. I think that explains it well enough.

Shy guy

Makes sense to me.

Dang Aura's like a ninja.

Happy Maria

Aura is Hanzo confirmed?????

Sleeping is my life.

Yeah, what SC said makes sense. Cammy's office is below Aura's office. But I think that brings up another issue: Cammy's flowerbox. At the time of Cammy's ' attempted suicide', the flowerbox was hanging outside her office's window. So, Aura would have to get into Cammy's office without stepping into the flowerbox.

Consults with Lauren about whenever it was possible to get into Cammy's office without stepping into her flowerbox.

Happy Maria

Southern Corn wrote:
Aura is Hanzo confirmed?????

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Yeah, what SC said makes sense.

Dang I can't believe we're unravelling so many secrets here today.

Though are we sure Aura/the culprit didn't step into the flower box? Not sure if we've seen much proof regarding that. Was the flower box left untouched after the "suicide attempt"?

Gettin' Old!

I mean the box was removed right? Or maybe she just used her special Hanzo horizontal dive move to go right over it?

This seems like the only way to run with just now. Perhaps she did mess up the flowers but then got rid of them and reassigned the office to cover it up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

Spoiler: For each subsequent update, the probability that I will fail to come up with a witty spoilerbox quip gradually approaches one.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Present the window and gutter?

Consult: Lauren Tehra

Before moving on with the accusation, Vesti turns to Lauren and asks, “So, it seems like Aura could have gotten into Cammy’s office by climbing down the gutter and into the window… but if she had, wouldn’t she have messed up the flower box?” “Well, think back to why the flower box was important,” Lauren replies, “We didn’t use it to discount the idea that someone had climbed through the window. We used it to discount the idea that someone was pushed out the window.” “But either one would have left evidence behind, right?” Vesti asks. “Not necessarily,” Aura continues, “To push someone out that window, you’d essentially need to shove them over the flowerbox. This would most likely tear up all the flowers and possibly get dirt all across the floor, if they struggled. But when climbing into the window, it would be fairly easy to simply step over the flowers. So if that’s what Aura had done, it probably wouldn’t have been noticeable in either of the photos.” “Ah, yeah, that does make sense,” Vesti says, “Then perhaps we’re actually getting somewhere!”

Present: New Statement: Window and Gutter

“Actually,” Vesti explains, “There was a way you could get that note into Cammy’s office without being seen.” “Was there, really?” Aura asks, “If so, please do enlighten me.” “Of course. The truth is, you used a strategy almost exactly like the one you used today: you climbed through the window,” Vesti explains, “But this time, you used the gutter on the other side of your office window to do it!” “Th- That’s ridiculous!” Argenta shouts, “How could she have pulled that off without being seen?!” “Hmm… When did Cammy’s injury actually occur again?” Percy asks. “I don’t recall the exact time, but it was definitely pretty late at night,” Dustin answers, “I imagine it was dark enough for anyone on the street to have just missed her.” “Then that must be the answer!” Vesti shouts, “That’s how you got into Cammy’s office and left the note without anyone noticing you!” Aura spends a few moments nervously flipping through her clipboard, but eventually, she stops at one of the pages and starts writing. “Subject does not seem to truly comprehend the meaning of ‘proof.’” “I think I’ve provided plenty of proof by now…” Vesti says. “No, you have simply provided possibilities and conjecture,” Aura says, “If you wish to seriously accuse me of having a hand in Cammy’s injury, then I need to see evidence. However, you seem to have as little proof that I used that gutter as you do that I pushed Cammy out that window.” “Hmm… Well, you’re right. I should be providing proof along with my accusations,” Vesti says, “However, I think I just might have the evidence you’re looking for…” “Well, don’t hesitate, then…” Percy says, lowering his 3DS and pointing towards Vesti.

“Where’s the proof that Aura attempted to murder Cammy?”
PRESENT evidence.

Shy guy

Aura casually digging her own grave.

Quote:
“Not necessarily,” Aura continues, “To push someone out that window, you’d essentially need to shove them over the flowerbox.

Also wow bringing up the big questions now. Err... present Sammy's notes? Something there probably is what we need maybe.

I was going to point out that Aura insisted she sent Cammy to the breaker instead of Argenta who we now know did it, but that's not really proof of anything other than her trying to cover for her sister.

Happy Maria

Can't we ask Argenta to confess? She was most likely the accomplice in the incident, after all.

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Can't we ask Argenta to confess? She was most likely the accomplice in the incident, after all.

NEVAAAAAAR! We hold on as long as we can.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

An accomplice? From my view she likely knew nothing about this - Aura was trying protect her, I don't think she'd have told Argenta anything.

Happy Maria

Oh, right. I forgot that Argenta caused the blackout, not necessarily Cammy's coma. I forgot they're separate incidents. In that case, there's only one possible solution!

Present the police badge.

Happy Maria

I just realised that due to F4 this topic will be going on hiatus for a month or so rip.

Can't wait to see everyone's annoyance at the extremely unnecessary police badge present then.

ASCEND

Spoiler: I’M BACK BABY
what the heck you guys had like two extra months to make a post how did you goof this up

Vesti considers presenting his police badge but then remembers that it’s still trapped in Lauren’s evidence bag! Ain’t that embarrassing?

Present: Sammy’s Notes

“The evidence just might be hidden within the notes Sammy collected!” Vesti proclaims, sticking a finger into the air. “They ‘might’ be?” Percy asks, “I’d hope the evidence itself is more concrete than your certainty of its location.” “It most certainly is!” Vesti says as he pulls out Sammy’s notepad. “Just give me a minute to track it down. There are a lot of pages in this thing!” Vesti flips through the notepad, searching desperately for a shred of relevant evidence. “Hmm… Vesti, are you doing okay?” Lita asks, “You don’t look too hot.” Vesti wipes sweat off his forehead as he flips to the page containing various testimonies. “Don’t worry, I’m fine! Just hold on… I’m sure it’s in here somewh- AHA!” Vesti jabs his finger against the notepad and begins reading.

“Janet ‘Rusty’ Torr, Janitor: Accompanied the party that took in Cammy. The body was never left alone before reaching the hospital room. The next day, she was called to fix the gutter, which had apparently gotten broken at some point!

After a few moments of silence, Aura slowly remarks, “So… a janitor fixed a gutter. What exactly is so important about that?” “Do I really need to say anything more?” Vesti replies, “Remember, everyone. I just explained that Aura used the gutter to climb into Cammy’s office and leave the suicide note there. With that in mind, it’s self-explanatory!” “So what you’re sayin’ is…” Dustin mumbles, “The gutter was broken from the weight of Aura climbing up and down it?” “Precisely!”

“Wait,” Argenta shouts, “If the gutter was broken, wouldn’t she have fallen off?!” “Well, I guess it depends on exactly how it broke…” Dustin explains, “If just the top disconnected, it probably would have remained upright long enough for her to reach the window. That kind of damage probably wouldn’t have been noticed until the morning either…” “Well, what if it was broken from the bottom?” Argenta adds. “That… doesn’t sound particularly likely,” Dustin replies, “But I think she still could’ve returned to her office.”

“All things considered, the nature of the broken gutter is hardly important,” Aura says, “Discussing this further is avoiding the root of the issue: how non-conclusive this proof is.” “You’ve got to be kidding me,” Vesti replies, “That janitor’s testimony proves that the gutter was broken on the night of the incident. There was no reason for that to happen unless someone climbed down it. And the only one with any reason to climb down it was you!” “Not only that,” Lauren adds, “But with proof that you attempted to murder Cammy five years ago, you become a convincing suspect in her murder today.” “That may be true,” Aura replies, “But I’d hardly consider a few aimless jottings in a notebook to be conclusive. Mr. Tose could have easily made up those details later.” “Oh come on!” Sammy shouts, looking as if he’d throw a hand to his forehead if he wasn’t handcuffed. “Why would I make up a detail as random as that?! You keep making me out to be some criminal mastermind, when I was just a man who loved his wife!” “That aside,” Lauren interjects, “It should be easy enough to track down this ‘Janet Torr’ and get more reliable testimony from her. At the very least, this is more than enough evidence for a reasonable arrest.” “N-No! You can’t!” Argenta shouts, “I won’t believe it!” Ignoring her, and seemingly everyone outside of his video game, Percy says, “Personally, I’d say this is plenty conclusive. And I’m not about to leave Dr. Gold free to tamper with evidence while we look for something she accepts. So, Mr. Gates… I suppose I must reluctantly ask you to arrest her.” “…Of course,” Vesti hesitantly pulls out his handcuffs.

“Wait!” Aura holds up a hand and says, “…Not just yet… I’d like to ask that you do something first.” Vesti stops in his tracks and stares skeptically at Aura, holding onto the handcuffs. “‘F-First?’” Argenta says, “Y-You’re not just gonna let them take you in for this, are you?” Aura looks away from her solemnly and slowly continues, “You’ve accused me of being responsible for two incidents now… but you’ve never explained why.” “As I said earlier, evidence is more important than motive.” Percy replies, “I see no reason to delay the arrest.” “Still, as a doctor, my reputation is quite important.” Aura continues, “I have taken an oath to do no harm. In order to forsake all that and attempt to murder someone twice, I’d need a very good reason… and that isn’t something we can simply gloss over. So, I’d like to know… what was my motive?” Vesti turns away, sighs, and says, “I think I have an answer for you…”

What was Aura’s motive?
PRESENT evidence or a profile.

Shy guy

Present!

Argenta's!

Profile!

Cammy was a scapegoat so that no-one would ever know that Argenta was the one to cause the blackout.

Happy Maria

Whooo, it’s back!

Argenta makes enough sense to me, anyway, so I don’t have much else to add. Still, good to be back in action!

Gettin' Old!

Quickly use sleight of hand to produce evidence that isn't soul-crushing to Argenta, but still incriminating, and present that!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Spoiler: This update is partially written from my goofy school laptop. Woe is me!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Cammy's injury, cuz, like, Cammy hadn't been dead yet and stuff.

Present: Argenta Gold

Vesti crosses his arms and solemnly explains, “The truth is…we managed to identify the motive a while ago. Remember, when Cammy was first injured, the incident was labelled as a suicide. According to Cammy’s suicide note, she had done it out of guilt for causing the deadly blackout on the same day. With that, the two incidents were resolved neatly, and the investigation was closed.” “But now we know that the suicide note was faked,” Percy points out, “Which means the killer was most likely trying to frame her for causing the blackout.” “In that case,” Aura remarks, “Are you intending to accuse me for another crime?” “Of course not…” Vesti mumbles, “We already know the truth of that incident. We even have a confession.” All eyes glance towards Argenta, who was staring at the floor of the stairwell in shame. “…So then?” Aura says, “What was my motive?” Vesti slowly shakes his head. “I’ve already told you.”

The room falls silent as people reflect over what they’ve just heard. Eventually, Argenta speaks up. “A-Aura, you…you did this for…” Aura raises her hand to silence her. Then, she continues, “Argenta, do you remember what our father always said?” Argenta looks surprised at the question, but eventually replies, “Uhh… ‘Being a doctor means doing whatever you can to protect people…’ B-But Argenta, you-” “In the many years I have directed this facility,” Aura interjects, “I have never had a pupil as engaged, as motivated, or as passionate as you. I do not say that as a sister, I say it as a director, as objectively as I can. It would truly be a shame if your medical intuition was lost to this field… You’ve saved many people, and I know you would save many more. All those people would suffer without you, so as a doctor… it is my duty to protect them.” Argenta clasps her hands and stares at her sister sadly. “N-No… Aura…”

“I take it that that was a confession, then?” Percy asks, lowering his 3DS. “…No, I wouldn’t say so,” Aura replies, “I am merely explaining to Argenta that I could have had reason to commit this crime. However, it seems the rest of you are convinced of my guilt now, and there is little I can do to change your mind.” Aura places her clipboard onto the stairs next to her and then raises both of her wrists. “If you must… I will allow you to take me in.” “Well, that settles it, then,” Percy says, “Vesti, if you would, please arrest her.” “No!” Argenta shouts, “V-Vesti, please!” Vesti sighs and reaches for his handcuffs. “I’m sorry, but we can’t make exceptions… I have to do my job as well.” “In any case, I’ve prosecuted many people who left relatives behind,” Percy points out, “It simply isn’t an excuse. We have laws in place for people to follow them. No amount of your complaints will prevent justice from being carried out!” Vesti stops and glared at the prosecutor. “Percy… now really isn’t the time for one of your speeches.” “I believe the important matter here is the murder, not by mannerisms,” Percy remarks, “But since you seem to consider petty remarks more important than doing your job… Ms. Tehra, I must ask that you make the arrest in Vesti’s stead.” Lauren casts a sympathetic look Vesti’s way and then retrieves her own pair of handcuffs. “You may be right… Don’t worry, Vesti, I’ll take it from here.” Lauren brandishes her handcuffs and approaches Aura.

Everyone stops and turns towards the source of the voice. It’s Argenta. She points at Lauren, looking somewhat panicked, as if she hadn’t entirely thought through what she was actually going to say. “Argenta…” Aura says in an admonishing tone. “What are you doing?” “I-I’m…” Argenta hesitates, then steels her resolve and continues, “I’m confessing... t-to the murder of Cammy Tose!” “Y-You’ve gotta be kidding me!” Vesti shouts in exasperation. Percy leers at Argenta and adds, “I’d advise you to consider your choices carefully. As it stands, you are accomplishing little else but wasting everyone’s time.” “I’d hardly call it a waste of time,” Argenta replies, “All I’m doing is making sure you arrest the right person… I can’t let Aura k-keep covering for me any longer!”

“Argenta…” Aura says, sighing. “Please think about what you’re doing. You’ve always been far more impulsive than me. You know I don’t want you doing anything you’ll regret.” “I-It’s fine, Aura, you don’t need to worry about me.” Argenta replies, “I-I’ll fix all of this!”

Argument: Aura is Innocent!
Argenta: There’s no way Aura’s guilty!
Argenta: I-I’m the one who hurt all those people! She d-doesn’t deserve this!
Argenta: Like, Percy said earlier, I could have done it!
Argenta: Y-Yeah! M-Maybe I stabbed Cammy when she woke up! Using the scalpel!
Argenta: Th-Then… I blackmailed Dustin into finding the body while I was on camera!
Argenta: Then I did Percy’s weird screwdriver switching trick!
Argenta: Yeah, I’m a real nasty person! J-Just lock me up already!

(This is awful…but I know that Aura doesn’t want Argenta to go to jail in her place. For her sake, and for Argenta’s as well…I have to push on!)

Shy guy

RIP Pierre

Press the statement about blackmailing Dustin? If she's blackmailing him then she has something on him, thus has evidence to prove her statement with. No evidence, no blackmail.

Happy Maria

Press statement four. That sounds awful fishy to me. Ask her to elaborate further and see whether she makes a slip up there.

Gettin' Old!

Consult with Dustin, he's in this room right? He count corroborate the blackmail.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Spoiler: I kinda sorta forgot to read your action before writing the update Osh, please forgive me!!!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Press 4? Unless we can present the screwdriver as the murder weapon there...

Press: Statement 5

“That sounds pretty fishy, Argenta,” Vesti says, “Could you be more specific? In order to blackmail Dustin, you’d have to have something on him, right?” “Well…” Argenta mumbles uncertainly. “Maybe I do have something on him! L-Like some old, embarrassing medical records!” “‘Maybe?’ You don’t sound particularly sure of yourself,” Vesti remarks, “Could you present these medical records for us?” “O-Of course not!” Argenta replies, “That would ruin the point of the blackmail!” “In that case, it’s hard to believe your confession…” Vesti mumbles.

“This is absurd,” Lauren says, shaking her head. She turns to Dustin and asks, “Mr. Panne, is there any truth to this?” “No, of course not,” Dustin replies, “At least, I’m pretty sure I’d know if I was being blackmailed.” “W-Well, he’s obviously lying!” Argenta says, “Otherwise, all that bad stuff is gonna get out!” Percy shakes his head and sighs in annoyance. “Oh, please. It’s blatantly obvious that you’re just making this all up as you go along. Why don’t you tell us what really happened?” “I-I have been!” Argenta shouts, “Well, maybe the blackmailing part might not have been true, but if it wasn’t, it was just cause I wanted to make myself look guilty, so you’d stop wasting time and arrest me!” “…Honestly, I find that even harder to believe,” Vesti says. “Well, what does it even matter?” Argenta asks, “The whole thing with Dustin finding the body isn’t even that important! It was probably just a coincidence! The point is that I stabbed Cammy in the chest. Everything that happened after that is irrelevant!” (Hmm… She has a point. There’s gotta to be a way to prove she didn’t commit the actual murder. Maybe there’s a clue somewhere within my evidence?) {{Statement 5 Updated}}

“Please, Argenta,” Aura says, clenching her fists. “This endeavor is doomed to failure. Just let it go!” Aura twitches slightly and then turns away from her sister solemnly. She looks to be on the verge of tears.

Argument: Aura is Innocent!
Argenta: There’s no way Aura’s guilty!
Argenta: I-I’m the one who hurt all those people! She d-doesn’t deserve this!
Argenta: Like, Percy said earlier, I could have done it!
Argenta: Y-Yeah! M-Maybe I stabbed Cammy when she woke up! Using the scalpel!
Argenta: I, uh… Dustin was, uhhh…. Moving on!
Argenta: Then I did Percy’s weird screwdriver switching trick!
Argenta: Yeah, I’m a real nasty person! J-Just lock me up already!

(This is awful…but I know that Aura doesn’t want Argenta to go to jail in her place. For her sake, and for Argenta’s as well…I have to push on!)

Shy guy

I guess we're meant to present something here but I can't tell what.

I kinda want to press 4 and 6 to set things a bit straighter.

Happy Maria

Present the scalpel at statement 4, maybe?

Gettin' Old!

Press statement 4

Presenting the scalpel doesn't mean anything at the point I think, we don't have an argument to go with it. I think she wouldn't have had time to stab Cammy, toss her bloodied clothes, wash her hands, AND be downstairs chatting with us in the Lobby in the space of 10 minutes.

What about the state of the bedsheets though? We already indicated they were pulled to the side to hide someone under the bed. Argenta clearly didn't stay in the room though as we were talking to her when the body was discovered.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Spoiler: My apologies, Sir Osh, but I have yet to discern the meaning behind your riddle. Do you guys have any ideas?
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Howdare.
People on the other forum, I am regretful to inform you that Planet didn't read my most recent suggestion before this update. He has asked for my forgiveness, but as I'm sure you realize this isn't something that can be easily forgiven! ACTION MUST BE TAKEN FOR THIS TRANSGRESSION, MY NEXT SUGGESTION WILL BE MADE IN THE FORM OF A RIDDLE!!!
Feet of monster fifty-nine
Show the words to be divined.
If hunch is clear and statement strong,
A driving tool must gift upon.

>__>

Press: Statement 6

“The ‘weird screwdriver switching trick?’” Vesti asks, “Could you be more specific?” Argenta hesitates for a few seconds, then says, “You know, the thing Percy was talking about. Where I, uhh…like made the screwdriver all bloody…and then put in into the cart during the investigation when no one was looking.” “Hmm…” Lauren mumbles, “You don’t seem very confident about that, even though you claim to have done it only a few hours ago.” “Not to mention,” Vesti adds, “That I wasn’t even confident in that theory back when Percy first brought it up. I really doubt you could have pulled that off without someone noticing.” Argenta puts her hand to her forehead and replies, “Well…my thoughts have been in a lot of disarray after what I did, so it’s not unreasonable that I’d have trouble remembering, right?” “And what of Mr. Gates’s point?” Percy asks, “Isn’t that worth addressing as well?” “L-Look, I don’t know what to tell you,” Argenta stammers, “O-Other than that you should probably get more attentive patrolmen… Anyway, m-moving on…”

Press: Statement 4

“Hmm…Something bothers me about this, other than the obvious.” Vesti says, “A while ago, I pointed out that the bedsheets on Cammy’s bed had fallen off of its right side, perfectly obscuring the space beneath it. However, based on your account of the events, there was no reason for this to happen… So, why did you knock the bedsheets onto the floor?” “Oh, uhh…Well…I didn’t. Cammy was awake, so they just fell off wh-when I stabbed her!” “Really?” Vesti asks, “Because the placement of those bedsheets seemed very deliberate to me…” “W-Well, I dunno!” Argenta shouts, “Is it really that hard to believe that they just happened to fall off that way?” “Maybe not!” Lita adds, “But it seems more likely that they were moved there when Aura committed the crime!” “N-No, there’s no way! Don’t be ridiculous!” Argenta continues desperately. “There’s not even any reason to continue discussing this… Let’s just talk about what I did after I killed Cammy instead!” (Ugh…I know there’s something fishy about this statement…Maybe I should look more closely at the evidence involved?)

Present: Scalpel: Statement 4

“Ahh…now I’ve figured it out…” Vesti says, “The problem with your testimony, Argenta…lies in the murder weapon itself…” “Wh-What?” Argenta replies. “Well, it’s really quite simple. Take a look at this scalpel.” Vesti pulls out the scalpel and holds it up for everyone to see. “Notice anything odd about it? Regarding the bloodstain, in particular?” “Hmm…” Lita leers at the scalpel. “Well…it’s got kind of a…uniform edge, right? Like something blocked the splatter.” “Exactly,” Vesti continues, “So, because the stain on this scalpel came from the moment when Cammy was stabbed, it follows that what blocked the blood splatter was a hand. Or, more accurately in this case, a glove. But when I met Argenta in the lobby, her gloves were spotless! Therefore, she couldn’t have stabbed Cammy!

Argenta’s eyes widen as Vesti’s argument sinks in. She glances at her hands in a panic and shouts, “Well, maybe I just washed--” “Impossible,” Lauren says, raising her hand. “Those gloves are made of fabric, so it would have been difficult to simply wash the blood out. And even if you succeeded, Vesti would have clearly noticed that they were wet.” “Well, maybe I prepared another pair of gloves I could switch with!” “That’s unlikely as well,” Percy explains, “The way you describe it, you would have only chosen to kill Cammy after seeing her awaken from her coma, and thus would have had little reason to bring an extra pair of gloves.” “And while it’s arguably possible you could have just switched the gloves for other ones later,” Lita adds, “It’s unlikely you would have had time… so really, any theory that involves switching the gloves probably isn’t even worth considering.” “Th-Then…I just took off my gloves before stabbing her!” “In that case, your fingerprints should have been on the scalpel,” Lauren explains, “However, I didn’t find a trace of them.” “And besides,” Vesti continues, “That blood would have just ended up on the inside of your gloves anyway, which would be easy enough to test with Luminol. In fact, if there was ever any blood on the inside or outside of your gloves, a Luminol test would reveal it straightaway. So, why don’t we just settle this now? Argenta, could you hand over your gloves?”

Argenta raises a finger, struggling to come up with a response, but eventually just sighs. “D-Don’t bother…There’s no blood there…” “In that case,” Percy asks, “How did you stab Cammy?” Argenta presses both of her hands against her forehead and looks at the floor. “I…I didn’t…That’s it.”

The others in the room let out a collective sigh of relief. “Thank goodness…I am glad you understand now, my sister,” Aura says, “Now, perhaps it would be best to pick up where we left off?” Before anyone can even move, Argenta shouts, “W-Wait! Vesti, you said something strange! I couldn’t have killed Cammy because my gloves and hands were clean…but what about Aura? Look at her - she’s not even wearing gloves!” “Oh…That’s true,” Lita mumbles, “Vesti, what do you think?” “Is this really necessary?” Aura says, shaking her head. “Would it not be far better to settle this in court?” “Perhaps, but I don’t think it should be a problem. This is all we need to close this case!” Vesti confidently shouts. “Figuring out what happened to those gloves should be a simple matter… I just need to think it over for a moment!”

Vesti closes his eyes and leans against the wall of the stairwell, thinking back over the entire incident…

Revisualization: The Missing Gloves

(So, let’s start from the beginning… Aura had just learned that Cammy had awakened from her coma, and was determined to silence her to protect Argenta. But to avoid leaving evidence on the ladder behind the sign, she had to wear gloves. Where could she have gotten them?)

---Her Office (Hospital-Assigned Pair)---

---The Storage Closet (Disposable Pair)---

{{Hopefully I’ll be able to make daily updates until this last Revisualization ends, but things are kinda hectic so no promises. I’ll definitely avoid only doing one a week, cause we’re almost done.}}

Gettin' Old!

STO-RAGE CLO-SET!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Ye

Happy Maria

Guys we still need to figure out what Osh is telling us, any clues?

Shy guy

None here, I'm afraid.

ASCEND

Spoiler: Today is Saturday
oof

There was only one option…

The Gloves were from the Storage Closet!

(Yes, that must be it. If Aura had used her own gloves, it would be easy to figure out she did it. Plus, Aura had to go through the storage closet to reach the ladder behind the sign. Therefore, she must have used one of the disposable pairs in the storage closet!

Now, after she had the gloves, she stabbed Cammy with the scalpel, which would have gotten them covered with blood. Rather she washed them or not, there would have been residue left behind. So, she had to get rid of them… but how?

What was the first place she could have disposed of the gloves at?)

---The Crime Scene---

---The Surgery Room---

---Aura’s Office---

Shy guy

I remember that rooms have places to dispose of used medical equipment. But I don't remember which rooms. My guess is the surgery room.

Gettin' Old!

Surgery Room, we searched the other places and bloody gloves would look perfectly at home there.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

mfw today is monday

Also yeah Surgery Room.
Page 18 of 22 [ 880 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus