Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 15 of 19[ 737 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 


Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Yeah seems right to me.

Stick Sammy back on the menu as a murder suspect! Bet he's kept her drugged for years!

(Though really in my head this motive fits Argenta more)
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: oh no
OshaliteX2 told me he’s been to the forum now, but I don’t think he did anything.


Combine Clues 2 and 3

“Wait a minute…” Vesti mumbles, “If we assume that the murder happened around 12:45, like we originally did, then the stool was most likely knocked over around that time. In that case, it must have been knocked over during the murder.” “…Where are you going with this?” Argenta asks. “Well, in any other murder case, that stool being knocked over near the body would be considered a sign of a struggle…” Vesti explains, “…But this case is special. The victim was in a coma. You can’t have a struggle with someone who’s incapable of fighting back!” “Well, uh…” Argenta says, “Maybe the stool got knocked down when they dashed towards Cammy with the weapon and stabbed her?” Vesti replies, “No, that doesn’t make any sense. The killer had no reason to rush, especially if it would have meant making noise. They wouldn’t have wanted someone to rush in on the scene after all. So, why did the killer have to struggle to stab the victim if she was in a coma?”

“…The truth is, there’s no good answer to that question. Which means that the question itself might be what’s wrong… I think we’ve been making one incorrect assumption for this entire case, and only by overturning this assumption can we find the truth.” Argenta, looking somewhat nervous, asks, “Wh- What are you getting at?” “We’ve been assuming that Cammy was still in her coma at the time of the murder…” Vesti explains, “But I think we were wrong. When Cammy was murdered, she was wide awake! And she fought back against her killer, knocking over that stool in the process!” “Wh- What?!” Argenta shouts, “Y- You can’t be serious!” “No, I’m quite serious,” Vesti replies, “After all, this conclusion lines up with some more evidence that we haven’t been able to explain: the anesthesia in Cammy’s blood.” “Wait, are you about to claim that Cammy was never even in a coma and was just constantly injected with anesthetic?!” Argenta asks, “Cause that’s ridiculous! Someone would have noticed if all that anesthesia was disappearing from storage!” “No, that’s not what I’m saying… There’d be no reason for anyone to keep her asleep for five years only to suddenly decide to kill her,” Vesti replies. “It’s far more likely that she was just in a natural coma and woke up naturally as well. However, the murderer must have wanted to keep the fact that she woke up a secret. So, the killer injected her with anesthetic after stabbing her, just to be certain that no one who happened to discover the body would find out!” “W- Well… Well…” Argenta says, “I guess it’s possible… b- but I don’t see how that has anything to do with me!” (She’s right… And though I believe this is what truly happened, it still contradicts the time of death estimated from the IV fluid… But if I consider all of the facts, I should be able to explain that contradiction AND figure out how this relates to Argenta as well…)
CLUE: Cammy awoke from her coma at some point before she was murdered.

Questions:
No more questions!

Clues:
The IV kept Cammy hydrated while she was comatose.
Cammy awoke from her coma at some point before she was murdered.

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

{{What the heck why'd it post twice.
Nothing suspicious happened when it went up.
Just ignore this, I guess}}
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

See? I told you guys! We couldn't trust the IV drip when it come to determining the time of death! The reason the IV drip lost that much liquid was because Cammy must have requested the needle removed from her body when she awoke from her coma. That could explains the contradiction.

So, the theory that Cammy was murdered after Argenta's second visit and before Dustin's arrival may seems possible now.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Ahh, right, the needle was removed so the drip stopped, that makes sense.

I'll go with what Hanzo said, then.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

HAHAHAHHA GOTCHA NOW PB I WAS ACTUALLY OSHALITE THE WHOLE TIME

Anyway yea, what Hanzo said.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: I just cooked up some FRIED CHICKEN!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Whoa nice twist Planet.
So should we connect these two clues now? Try that.
Also I got the link to that other SECRET FORUM bookmarked when I'm ready to commit to creating an account maybe so YAY!


Connect Clue 1 and New Clue

“There’s something else we’ve been making assumptions about…” Vesti says, “For this entire case, we’ve been using the IV fluid to make judgments about the time of Cammy’s death… but we didn’t have any proof that those two things were even connected!” Argenta asks, “Wh- What do you think really happened, then?” “It’s simple, really…” Vesti explains, “We know that Cammy awoke from her coma before she was killed… and we know that the IV was meant to hydrate Cammy while she was comatose… With all that in mind, the most reasonable explanation for how the IV was detached… is that she simply didn’t need it anymore.” “Oh, y- yeah…” Argenta mumbles, “That makes sense… Can we, uhh, go get that coffee now?” Ignoring her, Vesti continues, “Still, that brings up another question… Who detached it? Well, what we originally thought was the time of death must actually be the time her IV was taken off by someone… and that was during your second visit with her, Argenta…” Argenta chuckles awkwardly and mumbles, “H- Huh… That’s… uhh…” “Argenta, you took Cammy off of her IV,” Vesti shouts, “Which means you were there when she awoke from her coma! You’ve known she had woken up this entire time, and that truth is what you were hiding!” After a few seconds of silence, Argenta looks away and sighs. She whispers something Vesti can’t definitively make out, but it sounds like “I’m sorry.” Then, louder, she says, “Yeah… You got me…” The second police badge floating in front of Argenta splits apart and disappears (also the first one did too earlier but I forgot to mention it), and then the orange landscape fades away. Vesti finds himself in Aura’s office again, with Lauren, Percy, Lita, Dustin, and Aura looking upon the scene gravely.

Dustin is the first to speak. “So… she finally woke up, and then someone murdered her. Geez, that’s screwed up.” “Murder’s always screwed up.” Percy snaps, “Personally, I’d prioritize working out how that new information will help us understand this one before complaining about how unfair it is.” “Well, Percy,” Vesti replies, glaring at him. “We just proved that Cammy’s murder could have occured after the IV ran out… which means that the only evidence that justified your accusations against Argenta is now useless!” “For what it’s worth…” Percy replies, closing his 3DS and putting it away. “It’s still possible that Argenta simply killed Cammy after she woke up.” “Oh come on!” Lita shouts, “Now you’re just being RIDICULOUS! You don’t have any evidence left to suggest that!” “…You didn’t let me finish,” Percy continues, “Yes, there’s no longer any reason to suspect Argenta based on evidence alone… nor is there reason to suspect anyone else. However, Argenta remains the most suspicious, as she has deliberately concealed evidence from the investigation.” Percy turns to Argenta and adds, “So, you owe us an explanation, Argenta. Why did you hide the truth of what happened while you were alone with Cammy?” Argenta, still looking somewhat uncertain, replies, “Oh… I just didn’t think it was that relevant, that’s all! I didn’t want to overcomplicate the case or something?” Lauren shakes her head and replies, “That was unwise. In cases such as this, the details one labels as irrelevant are often vital to the truth.” “Honestly, I agree with my sister here…” Aura says, “Whether Cammy was awake or asleep at the time of the murder, she was still killed in the same way. That detail hardly helps in narrowing down the culprit…” “You’re right.” Vesti says, “Cammy being awake doesn’t affect the details of how the crime was committed… but hard evidence isn’t the only way to catch a killer. There’s another way… One we’ve repeatedly struggled with this entire case… but one which this new information sheds light on. That’s the motive. Allow me to explain…”

Wherein does the motive of this crime most likely lie?
PRESENT evidence.

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Dustin likes to sing as he works, he thought Cammy was comatose so no-one would hear him. When he found her awake he had to silence her.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

KamiPanda wrote:
Dustin likes to sing as he works, he thought Cammy was comatose so no-one would hear him. When he found her awake he had to silence her.


Wait what?! You think Dustin is so ashamed of his singing he would murder Cammy for hearing him?

My guess is it's in the blackout from five years ago so present Cammy's injury details. Someone didn't want her waking up because I'm betting there was some shenanigans back then.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

He likes to sing about national secrets that he learned about during past jobs. They can't be allowed to leak.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Yeah, the blackout from 5 years ago is the motive. Time to bring up Cammy's Injury.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Don't listen to Ray, he's just trying to mislead us as usual. The blackout, man, the blackout!
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Hey so I was in AP Chem and I put on some LATEX GLOVES and I was like, “Oh shucky darns, these gloves are super uncomfortable! What do you guys think?” and the other guys told me to stop burning my test papers with the Bunsen burner because I was burning my test papers with the Bunsen burner.

So anyway later I was thinking about this and I thought “There’s no way Argenta could wear these things all the time. That’d be super uncomfortable!”

So, by the power vested in me as the guy literally writing this story, I hereby RETCON Argenta’s latex gloves. She now wears more fashionable gloves made of ACTUAL fabric. Deal with it.

Spoiler: oops I almost forgot to put stuff here
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Present your police badge
Uhhh Cammy's Injury?


Present: Dustin Panne

Vesti says, “The truth is, before she was murdered, Cammy heard something she shouldn’t have.” He points dramatically at Dustin and says, “It was Dustin’s singing voice, like a choir of a thousand tone-deaf angels! That’s why she had to be silenced.” “Sorry, Vesti,” Percy says, “But I have some vinyl records here published by the band The Dusters in the ‘70s. Believe it or not, Dustin was the lead singer for that band.” Argenta asks, “Wait, didn’t they do ‘Floor Sweepin’ Blues?’” Percy replies, “For God’s sake, that was Dylan Goodman. Wow, you’re stupid.” Argenta’s prestige decreases by 5%. “Anyway, their most famous hit was ‘I’ll Do Any Job for You,’ so I’ll play that.” Lita pulls a record player out of her pocket, and Percy puts the record on it. The room is filled with an upbeat song, harkening back to the tunes of the swing era. Indeed, Dustin is the one singing, and though the lyrics leave quite a bit to be desired, Dustin’s singing voice isn’t half bad. Once the song ends, Vesti says, “Well… Maybe his voice got worse because he’s OLD!” “I’ll show you whose voice got worse because he’s OLD!” Dustin immediately sings the song again, and it somehow sounds just as good as it did over forty years ago. Once he’s done singing, Dustin says, “Also I was a taekwondo instructor for two years. TAKE THIS!” Dustin suddenly jumps and spins around the room and bounces off the wall 392 times before kicking Vesti in the face, knocking 5% of his prestige right out of him. Percy says, “Hahaha I bet you thought that was a joke, didn’t you? Well, sorry. That prestige is gone for good. Not that you’re likely to lose much more of it. But still, you’re never gettin’ that back!” Percy laughs maniacally for 1.009 seconds, and then the story continues with less ambiguous canonicity.

Present: Cammy’s Injury

Image

“Since we know that Cammy woke up shortly before she was murdered…” Vesti explains, “…we can assume that she knew something that the killer didn’t want getting out. This ties back to the events that occured at this very hospital five years ago: the first time someone tried to kill Cammy!” At this, everyone in the room starts mumbling to themselves, except Lita, who shouts, “Wait, WHAT?!” Aura looks skeptically at Vesti and replies, “Forgive me, but you may be a little confused. No one tried to kill Cammy five years ago. The police ruled it as an attempted suicide.” “Well, perhaps they were wrong,” Vesti responds, “Because if we consider the possibility that it was actually attempted murder, then the motive behind this case finally makes sense!” Percy asks, “But why would someone have tried to kill Cammy five years ago? Can you answer that?” “Of course I can,” Vesti explains, “We were all led to believe that Cammy caused the fatal blackout and then, out of guilt, jumped out of her office window… but what if that wasn’t what actually happened? What if someone else caused that blackout, and then they used Cammy as their scapegoat? All they had to do was push Cammy out of a window, fake a suicide note, and she’d automatically be suspected. However, Cammy didn’t die… but in her coma, she couldn’t do any harm. So the killer kept an eye on her in case she woke up… and today, they finished the job. After all, the moment Cammy learned what had happened and spoke up, it would be over for them!” “What about the blackout?” Dustin asks, “Do you think you know what that was about?” Vesti answers, “Honestly, I have no idea… but that’s because I don’t really know much about it.” “So, what are you proposing?” Percy says, “Do you think we should reinvestigate that case?” “Exactly!” Vesti replies, “If we can find out who was behind those two incidents, we’ll find the true killer!”

Percy crosses his arms and looks away in thought. Aura asks, “Would this really be worthwhile? That case was investigated thoroughly five years ago, and the lead detective did not find any evidence of foul play.” “Besides, it’s been five years,” Argenta adds, “I just… don’t see how there’d be anything left!” “I think the scapegoat being murdered is all the evidence of foul play we need,” Vesti replies, “And sure, we probably won’t find much evidence. But it’s at least worth a shot!” After a few more seconds, Percy replies, “Alright, fine. But since this very well may be a waste of time, we’ll only spend half an hour on this. If we don’t learn anything, we’ll have to find another way to locate the killer. I’ll investigate the breaker room.” He points at Vesti and adds, “You can investigate the room Cammy fell from.” Argenta mumbles, “Th- That’d be my office…” “Sounds like a plan!” Vesti says, “Alright, Lauren, let’s-” Suddenly, Lita dashes up to Vesti and says, “Ooh, I’ve got a better idea! We should do the investigation together! Maybe since we’re siblings, we’ll be so in sync that we can transcend time itself!” “Wait, what?” Vesti says. “Actually, that might be a good idea,” Lauren replies, “If I go with Percy, I can make sure he doesn’t try anything… err, creative so he can accuse whoever he personally believes is guilty.” “Thanks for your confidence,” Percy says as he pulls his 3DS out and heads for the door. “Anyway, I don’t care to watch you lot sort out your nonsense. Just meet me back here in a thirty minutes so we can finally resolve this.” Lauren mumbles, “…That’s probably my cue to leave,” and then follows Percy out the door. “Oh, uh… cool…” Vesti says. “Alright, bro!” Lita shouts, “Let’s go CRACK THIS CASE!” Before Vesti can come up with another confused, non-committal response, Lita grabs him by the arm and pulls him out the door.

Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016. Time: 4:30 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, Argenta’s Office.

Lita approaches the door at a fairly above-average pace, reaches for the doorknob, and tries to push it open. However, it doesn’t seem to budge much. “Having trouble with that door, Lita?” Vesti asks, slowly walking up to the door from a few feet behind Lita. “Here’s a tip: be sure to turn the doorknob.” “Ahaha, good one,” Lita replies sarcastically. “But there’s something in the way!” She pushes the door harder, and whatever’s inside seems to give way a little. She peeks through the crack in the door and says, “What the heck? It looks like some genius knocked over the chair and left it right in front of the door.” “That’s weird,” Vesti replies as he catches up to her. “It wasn’t like that last time I was here… Anyway, scoot over a bit, and I’ll help you get it open.” Lita steps to the left a little, and the two siblings line up next to the door. They only need to slam into it twice before the door swings open, sending them into Argenta’s office.

For a moment, Vesti wonders if he somehow wound up back in Aura’s office. The room is a complete mess. Well, perhaps not a complete mess, but it’s far more of a mess than it was before. The chair that was blocking the door now lies upside-down in front of the desk, which has been trashed, its contents thrown about and its drawers rooted through. The filing cabinet in the corner of the room seems to have exploded, files scattered onto the floor around it. Even the flower box has been rooted through; the flowers themselves are still in tact, but it looks like the dirt inside has been dug out and spilled onto the floor. The only things that appear untouched are the nick-nacks on Argenta’s bookcase and the large cabinet, the doors of which are shut. The hospital scrubs that used to be draped over the back of the chair are now hanging from the left knob of the cabinet, and Argenta’s exercise ball lies deflated in the corner of the room.

“Huh?” Lita asks, “What happened here?” “…Looks like someone got the same idea as us… and tried to beat us to it…” Vesti mumbles, “Let’s look around.” {{Second Room Ransacking added to Evidence}}

Investigation: Argenta’s Office
Examine:
Window, Flower Box, Overturned Chair, Deflated Exercise Ball, Filing Cabinets.
Talk:
Lita Gates
Ransacking
Move:
AIN’T NOWHERE TO GO SORRY
Present:
To Lita Gates
What will you do?

Prestige: 90%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Examine the filing cabinets and the flower box.

Talk about the ransacking. Could the person who ransacked Agrenta's room be the same person who ransacked Aura's office? What are they after exactly?
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

I now demand an instrumental of I'll Do Any Job For You to be Dustin's theme.

So, huh, this is a thing. Present our badge to Lita!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Yeah bust out that badge for Lita.


Also ask how the parents are doing.


Then solemnly examine the deflated exercise ball. (That's sad)
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Best opening of any update so far.

Ask Lita about the ransacking and then examine the window because I bet someone's hiding there.

Also daringly suggest that IT WAS SAMMY WHO DID EVERYTHING

WE NEED TO PIN THIS ON SOMEONE STAT
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: 大家好
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Present your police badge again.
Then talk about ransackage and scrutinize the overturned chair.


Talk: Lita Gates: Ransacking

“So… first Aura’s room is ransacked… and then Argenta’s room is ransacked…” Vesti turns to Lita and asks, “Do you think they’re connected?” “I don’t see how they could NOT be connected,” Lita replies as she wanders about the office. “Two offices in the SAME hospital, ransacked in the SAME way… Either some killer parties are goin’ on in this joint, or we’re dealing with a SERIAL RANSACKER!” Vesti responds, “But what could they be looking for? Why tear apart two offices?” “Maybe they didn’t find what they were looking for in Aura’s office,” Lita says while poking at the objects on Argenta’s desk. “Or maybe they’re looking for multiple items… Or maybe… they have NO IDEA what they’re looking for!” “Well, either way,” Vesti mumbles, scanning the mess. “It doesn’t look like they found what they were looking for here… It looks more like they just threw things across the floor and left.” Lita shakes her finger at Vesti and says, “Well, we can’t be certain of that, unless we had the layout of Argenta’s office memorized… I suppose you might, all things considered.” “Wh- What’s that supposed to mean?” Vesti shouts. “I dunno,” Lita replies, shrugging. “Anyway, less talkin’, more investigatin’.”

Examine: Overturned Chair

Vesti takes a quick look at Argenta’s visitor chair, which sits upside-down in front of Argenta’s desk. Vesti exclaims, “So this is the chair that was supposedly blocking our way earlier?” “Oh, don’t give me that look,” Lita replies, “It was, like, right up against the door a minute ago. It just got thrown over there when we slammed into it.” “Don’t you know you’re supposed to preserve the crime scene, Lita?” Vesti says, “I might have to arrest you for obstruction if you’re not careful.” “Well, I didn’t know it was a crime scene at the time, so shut up.” Lita replies, “Anyway, I don’t know if the ransaking guy just sorta tossed the chair over there or was actually trying to keep people out of the room, but that chair’s probably worth taking note of either way.” Lita slides over to Vesti and nudges him a few times with her elbow. “Hear that, Mr. Detective? Better get to the note taking!” “Alright, fine, simmer down,” Vesti mumbles while pulling out his rarely-used notebook. {{Chair Repositioning added to Evidence}}

Examine: Window

Vesti takes a quick stroll over to the window and looks outside. He sees the same view as usual, the same gutter as usual, and the same marshy drain as usual. “Everything here looks to be in order…” Vesti exclaims, “Now, if the investigation from five years ago is to be believed, Cammy jumped out of this very window…” “But if we choose not to believe it, then this is the window Cammy was violently THROWN from!” Lita says, making her way to the window. Vesti replies, “Well… That’s probably not quite how it went…” Lita appears beside Vesti and leans far out the window. She shouts, “UGH, how heinous! Throwing her out the window wasn’t enough. They had to throw her out into all that mud and trash!” “Trash?” Vesti mumbles. He leans in to take a closer look and notices that there are several pieces of plastic, like some bags and a pair of gloves, caught in the drain, with a few styrofoam cups scattered around as well. “Yeah, just look at that mess!” Lita shouts, “I swear, it makes my blood boil to see people treat the whole world as their garbage can! I wanna track down those people, throw THEM on the ground, and see how they like it!” “Uhh… Yeah, that’s great, Lita.” Vesti says, “But if you don’t mind, I’m gonna get back to the actual case.”

Examine: Flower Box

Next, Vesti heads over to the flower box, carefully avoiding the clumps of dirt scattered on the floor, which could ruin his shoes. The flowers look relatively untouched, but holes have been dug out of the dirt beneath them, as Vesti previously noticed. However, there’s nothing in the holes, and there isn’t any evidence to suggest that there ever was anything there. Vesti asks, “Why the heck did they think what they were looking for would be hidden in the flower box?” “I dunno, they coulda just been covering their bases,” Lita replies, “Unless whatever they were searching for was such a big deal that someone would go to extreme lengths to hide it… such as…” Lita points dramatically and continues, “Evidence of who threw Cammy out of that window!” Vesti asks, “So, what? You think the one ransacking these rooms is on our side?” “Well, I guess it’s possible,” Lita says, “But they could be the killer too. After all, if they had accidentally left decisive evidence at the scene of the murder, they’d want to get rid of it, right?” “I guess…” Vesti mumbles, “This is all conjecture though, anyway.”

Examine: Filing Cabinets

Vesti crouches next to the filing cabinet and shuffles through some of the files on the floor and in the drawers. He can’t really make heads or tails of them, but they seem to be patient records dating back many years, perhaps even to the hospital’s founding. Either way, there doesn’t seem to be anything relevant to the case, and if Cammy Tose has a file in there, Vesti isn’t able to locate it. Vesti says, “Yeah… I don’t think any of this stuff is gonna help us…” Lita adds, “And even if there was stuff that could’ve helped us, the ransacking guy probably took it by now!” Vesti gets back up, sighs, and says, “Well, so far this whole ‘sibling investigation’ thing has been a total bust…” “I mean, I don’t know what you were trying to accomplish by digging around in an office five years after the event in question…” Lita replies, shaking her head. “No, you’re doing this the wrong way!” Lita points her finger into the air and says, “If we’re gonna solve this case, we’ve gotta transport our minds to that climactic scene and use some LOGIC!” “Hmm… I don’t really know what you’re talking about, but it could work,” Vesti mumbles, “But first, I need to take a look at that exercise ball.” Lita shrugs, rolls her eyes, and replies, “Whatever, take your time.” {{New Talk option added.}}

Examine: Deflated Exercise Ball

Vesti walks over to the exercise ball that Argenta used to sit on. It’s now completely deflated: a sad sight to behold. Vesti picks it up and quickly looks inside, to make sure nothing important is hidden there. Then, unsatisfied with the emptiness of the exercise ball, he tries to fill it back up by blowing into it like a balloon. This doesn’t seem to be working. “How’s the investigation going, bro?” Lita asks. “Shut up,” Vesti replies. “I swear, if I could get this stupid thing inflated, I’d throw it straight at your head.” “Hasn’t anyone told you not to disturb the crime scene?” Lita asks, “And I know our mom told you not to disturb me!” Vesti sighs in annoyance and abandons the exercise ball.

Present: Lita Gates: Police Badge

Vesti reaches for his pocket and tries to pull out his police badge. Unfortunately, he notices Lita reaching for her pocket as well. Hoping to goad her into presenting hers first so he can mock her, Vesti stops. But to his horror, she stops too. The room fills with tension, as Vesti and Lita stare each other down, trying to bait the other into presenting their badge. This continues for quite some time until they both forget what they were even doing in the first place.

Investigation: Argenta’s Office
Examine:
No stone has been left unturned...
Talk:
Lita Gates
Ransacking
Cammy’s Injury
Move:
AIN’T NOWHERE TO GO SORRY
Present:
To Lita Gates
What will you do?

Prestige: 90%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Well, time to talk about Cammy's Injury.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Flip the overturned chair back upright, sit down on it and face Lita, and then start discussing the past! Gotta do this in style.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Nnnngh...she's good at this game. We'll need to wait for the prime moment for Lita to drop her guard, then brandish our badge in her face!
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Also ask my sis her thoughts of me and Argenta. If Lauren didn't understand, then surely Lita would, right?
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Pierre wrote:
Nnnngh...she's good at this game. We'll need to wait for the prime moment for Lita to drop her guard, then brandish our badge in her face!


I actually had a plan for that.

Investigate the Filing Cabinets again, saying you want to be thorough before moving on. Then exclaim you found something and spin around to present the badge to Lita.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

EDIT: Oops Panda I forgot about your thing lol

Spoiler: owie I have allergies!!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Talk about Cammy's Injury and then SCREAM(???????).


Examine: Filing Cabinet

“Hey, give me a minute,” Vesti says, “I’m going to check out those filing cabinets again.” Exasperated, Lita replies, “Didn’t you already say there wasn’t anything important in there?” “I’m just trying to be thorough, okay?” Vesti explains, “Maybe one of those documents will completely change our understanding of the case!” Lita sighs in annoyance as Vesti kneels and starts shuffling through the papers in the bottom drawer. However, Vesti glances behind him a few times, and when she’s not looking he reaches for his police badge. Then he shouts, “Lita, I found something!” “Really?” Lita replies, “Is it gonna completely change our understanding of the case?” “You bet it will!” Vesti says, “Look!”

Present: Police Badge

Vesti stands up, pulling out his police badge, and holds it out to his sister. But, to his horror, he turns to see Lita holding her attorney’s badge in Vesti’s face smugly. Lita chuckles and says, “Looks like you were too late, bro!” “Aaugh!” Vesti throws his hands up in the air and shouts, “You’ve got to be kidding me! How’d you see it coming?” “Oh, come on, Vesti,” Lita explains, “This is, what, the fifth time you’ve tried to do something like that? You’re gonna hafta try a little harder if you wanna surprise ME with that thing!” Vesti sighs, putting his police badge away. “Whatever… Let’s get back to the case, I guess…” “Finally…” Lita mumbles.

Talk: Cammy’s Injury

“So, Lita,” Vesti asks, “How are you saying we should figure this out?” “Well…” Lita explains, “There’s hardly any evidence left from way back then, so if we wanna figure out what happened to Cammy five years ago, we’re gonna have to use some logic.” “So you’re saying we should just discuss how we think the attack happened?” “Yeah, exactly!” Lita replies, “Here, I’ll start. This is how I think it went!”

Argument: A Murder Five Years in the Making!
Lita: The killer wanted to make it look like a suicide...
Lita: ...so they typed a fake suicide note! How treacherous!
Lita: Then they came to Cammy’s room, invited or otherwise.
Lita: They probably found Cammy gazing solemnly out the window...
Lita: ...or maybe the two were having a friendly window gazing session!
Lita: Suddenly, the killer mustered up all their strength…
Lita: ...shoved Cammy across the windowsill...
Lita: ...and she plummeted to the ground below!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

Prestige: 90%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Aw snap, now it's ON!

But, in the meantime... Um, would the flowerbox interfere in any way with her being pushed out? Without a picture it's hard to say for sure.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Yeah, the flowerbox would have made it impossible for Cammy to be pushed out the window of her office. Both the Gold Photo and Tose Photo proves that there was a flower box outside the window.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Alright then.

Press Statement 5. They weren't staring just out of the window! You know what they were ACTUALLY LOOKING AT?!

MY POLICE BADGE! *shoves in Lita's face*
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Verily! I concur!

But also ask about "friendly window gazing sessions" and press that statement because really who does that? Is the view even nice?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Owie, my ankle hurts :(
OshaliteX2 wrote:
tfw you think you catch Planet doing a typo when he says Lita has an attorney's badge but then remember she actually is an attorney
Press Statement 6. And then maybe 4 and 5 for some context.


Press: Statement 5

Image

“A ‘friendly window gazing session?’” Vesti asks, “Who does that? It’s not even that nice of a view, especially considering how tiny the window is in here…” “Well, they didn’t necessarily have to be looking out the window!” Lita replies, “I was just saying that the killer could have met Cammy in her office before trying to kill her, as opposed to it being some kinda surprise attack thing! And I was trying to say that creatively, y’know?” “Well, you could’ve just said it normally!” Vesti replies, “We’re trying to solve a murder here! We don’t get any style points!” “Oh, put a sock in it, Vesti,” Lita says, “I’m the lawyer here! If anyone should be Captain Buzzkill, it’s me. But I’m not, so you have no excuse!” Vesti sighs and says, “Fine! Just move on with your argument or whatever.”

Present: Tose and Gold Photos: Statement 7

Image

“Wait a minute,” Vesti mumbles, “That doesn’t make any sense…” “Why not? I think it’s the most solid part of my argument!” Lita replies, “I mean, sure, it would have been difficult to push her over the railing, but not impossible! Especially if you caught her by surprise with really good upper body strength!” “Well, you’re right.” Vesti continues, “Someone could have shoved her out of that window today, but there’s NO WAY they could have done it five years ago!” “What are you talking about?” Lita asks, pointing at Vesti. “That window was here five years ago, too! Don’t try to tell me they only put it in last week or something.” Vesti gives Lita an annoyed glare and asks, “…Did you seriously think that was what I was about to say?” Lita shrugs and mumbles, “Well, you’ve said plenty of stupider things…” Vesti sighs and continues, “Anyway… what I’m talking about is clearly shown in these two photos.” Vesti pulls out the photograph he got from Argenta Gold and the one he got from Sammy Tose and shows them to Lita. Lita takes the photos, squints at one of them, and asks, “Why are you carrying around other people’s personal pictures?” “Why do people always ask me stuff like that?!” Vesti shouts, “It’s evidence, for goodness’s sake!” “Well…” Lita asks, “What part of this ‘important evidence’ is contradictory?” “Can’t you find it yourself?” Vesti says. “Hmm…” Lita mumbles, “Y’know, if we were in court, I’d be accusing you of bluffing right about now…” “Fine!” Vesti says, snatching one of the photos away from her. “It’s right here.”

{{I was originally gonna put one of those photo spot selection things here, but you guys clearly have it figured out already, and it would make a lot more sense schedule-wise to just move on right now.}}

Vesti points at the window in Sammy Tose’s photo. But, more specifically, he points at the flower box outside it. “The evidence I’m talking about is right here!” “The flower box?” Lita asks. Vesti explains, “Exactly. While that window was mostly the same five years ago, there was one thing different about it!” He points at the flower box, now pushed up against the wall, and continues, “That flower box had been placed on the other side of it! With that thing in the way, there was no way Cammy could have been pushed out of the window!” Lita glances at the flower box, looking unconvinced. “I mean, I guess… But judging by that picture it was pretty much level with the window sill. I still think you could have just shoved someone across it.” “Not necessarily… Take a look at the other photo, taken just a few days after the murder.” Vesti points at the flower box in Argenta Gold’s photo and says, “Notice anything?” Lita takes the picture, stares at it for a few seconds, and then shouts, “Oh! The flowers are exactly the same!” “Exactly!” Vesti explains, “If Cammy had gone over that railing, those flowers would have been torn up! But in the pictures, it doesn’t look like a single one was touched!” “Right!” Lita says, “…But what does that mean? If Cammy wasn’t pushed out the window, then what really happened that day?” “There’s only one solution!” Vesti shouts, pointing dramatically. “The crime really took place in a completely different room!”

The room is filled with silence for a little while, as if reeling from Vesti’s mildly surprising deduction. Eventually, Lita says, “So… How does that help us? I mean, she obviously did fall, and we know the attack must have happened on this side of the hospital… But that still leaves four floors and a roof that she could have fallen from!” Vesti adds, “Well, I don’t think she could have been put in a coma from falling from the first floor…” Lita rolls her eyes, waves her hand dismissively, and says, “Well, you get the idea!” “But yeah, you’re right… We can’t really narrow it down any further than that.” Vesti says, sighing. “If only we had some more information. Maybe if we got the file for this case from the police department we could find something that’d help us?” “That’s a good idea,” Lita shouts, pointing at Vesti. “Y’know, I think I’ll call your precinct about that right now!” Before Vesti can point out that it would make more sense for him to do that, Lita pulls her phone out, dials the number, and puts the phone to her ear.

After about a minute of Vesti waiting for Lita to finish arguing with the receptionist, she hangs up and says, “Alright, they said they’d get someone to bring it over here. It’ll probably take ‘em a while to get it here, though.” “Yeah…” Vesti looks at his watch and adds, “And Percy’s probably gonna want to meet up again soon…” “Yep…” Lita mumbles, nodding. “The whole thing’s pretty awkward, huh…” After that, Lita and Vesti just stand around awkwardly for a few seconds. Until…

Image

After a few more seconds of confused silence, Vesti asks, “…Did you hear that?” Lita mumbles, “Yeah… It sounded like a sneeze… That wasn’t you, right?” “No, definitely not…” Vesti replies, “But it sounded like it came from somewhere in here…” Lita says, “Hmm… Maybe it was Cammy’s ghost, here to show us some decisive evidence! Come on, let’s look around!” Vesti raises his eyebrow at Lita, then mumbles, “…Indeed…”

Pick a location to search:
Desk, Filing Cabinet, Bookcase, Cabinet, Window.

Prestige: 90%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Let's investigate that suspicious cabinet that wasn't there before!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

KamiPanda wrote:
Let's investigate that suspicious cabinet that wasn't there before!


The cabinet was ALWAYS there! It just wasn't one of the things you could EXAMINE this time. Go back to the description of the office after it was RANSACKED or the original investigation in ARGENTA'S office and it'll be RIGHT THERE!

Note that I am neither confirming nor denying the correctness of that choice.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Draw my gun threateningly and threaten to blow the stuffing out of any interlopers if they don't show themselves right now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Skip the threats and just start shooting everything around me till someone dies.

Or if that doesn't work examine the window.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Yeah, try the cabinet.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: wow, this update SUX
OshaliteX2 wrote:
... desk?


Examine: Cabinet

Vesti pulls out his standard-issue pistol and shouts, “I don’t know who you are, but you better come out quickly, or I’ll be forced to coax you out with a few bullets!” Lita leans toward Vesti and whispers, “Y’know, if that was Cammy’s ghost, she wouldn’t need to worry about getting shot… Besides, don’t you keep your gun unloaded?” Vesti shushes her and then raises the gun and starts patrolling the room, moving about stealthily as if he was tracking a dangerous criminal. Eventually, he stops in front of the large cabinet on the right side of the room, which looks completely unchanged except for Argenta’s scrubs hanging from the doorknob. Vesti looks over at his sister, catches her attention, and then nods his head toward the cabinet. Lita gives him a thumbs up and then goes to join him. Then Vesti stands with his gun pointed at the cabinet, and Lita grabs the handle and pulls quickly. With a click the magnets holding the door shut come apart, and the interior is revealed. Lita shouts, “A-ha! Found you!” and points at the person inside.

Amidst the extra labcoats and messy piles of gauze bandages, Sammy Tose sits against the right wall of the cabinet. He looks out at Vesti and Lita, his expression unreadable. Eventually, Lita says, “Oh, Sammy? Sorry, we thought it was gonna be your wife in there! We’ll leave you to it!” She then makes to shut the cabinet door, but Vesti reaches out to stop her. He glares skeptically at Sammy and says, “…I hope you have a pretty good explanation for this…” Sammy remains silent for a few more seconds, then, in a voice that betrays very little emotion, he says, “Put that gun down, and I’ll explain everything.” Vesti puts the empty gun away, and then Sammy slowly shifts his feet over to the floor and stands up. Then he puts his hands into his pockets and looks over at the window. “Alright, that’s better…” Sammy says, “Now, here’s what happened.”

Argument: The Puzzling Person
Sammy: I was just wandering through the hallways on this floor...
Sammy: ...when I saw that the door to this office was slightly ajar.
Sammy: Curious, I walked inside and saw someone digging through the filing cabinet.
Sammy: They had some kind of mask on, so I couldn't recognize them.
Sammy: They must have chloroformed me or something...
Sammy: ...because the next thing I remember, I woke up in that cabinet.
Sammy: As for what happened to that other person, I don’t know...
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

Prestige: 90%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

I don't think it would be a contradiction to point out that the door was barred shut when we came here, as this masked person could have done that after knocking Sammy out. But... kinda lost as to what else to say.

Though his complete lack of reaction to literally being assaulted sure is strange.

Press statement 2 I guess?
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Or maybe Sammy made up the masked person part to get suspicions off of him. It's a possibility.

Anyway, present Chair Repositioning at Statement 2. Wait a minute! You couldn't get into the office if the chair was used to prevents the door from opening.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Eh he's suspicious enough. Can't we just arrest him and call it a day?

Also argue internally about why I keep my gun unloaded.

Press statement 5 I don't know how someone he saw could have Chloroformed him without some kind of struggle. It's not a full-frontal weapon like a baseball bat.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Take out my secret handkerchief filled with chloroform that I always carry on me and use it on him. Then take him to the station and call it a day.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Why does Vesti keep his gun unloaded, you ask?
I dunno, ask Me from the Past.

Spoiler: Me from the Past said he doesn’t want to be my friend anymore :(
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Why does nobody ever hide in the desk?
Press Statement 6 and 7.
Also present Police Badge before Lita gets a chance.


Press: Statement 5

Image

“So… some weird guy in a mask came at you with chloroform…” Vesti interjects, “And you didn’t think to fight back?” “Oh, don’t get me wrong…” Sammy replies, “I tried to fight back… but the guy was pretty tough. Unfortunately, he took me out pretty quickly.” “Hmm… That’s weird!” Lita shouts, “If this guy was so tough, then how’d he knock you out without leaving a single bruise?” “Well… uh… He didn’t punch me or anything,” Sammy explains, “I imagine he was trying to subdue me as quickly as possible and then clear out.” “I guess that makes sense…” Lita says, “But you know what doesn’t make sense?” Lita points at Sammy and shouts, “YA’ ATTITUDE!” Sammy gives Lita a confused glare until she continues, “…I mean, you seem pretty calm for someone who just got assaulted!” “My wife died a few hours ago,” Sammy replies, “Nothing’ll faze me for a while.” “Oh, uh… That aside…” Vesti says, “I’ll be honest, I’m finding your story somewhat… difficult to believe.” “Is that so?” Sammy replies, “Well, if you have evidence that I’m lying, don’t hesitate to show it. Otherwise, I think I’ll continue.”

Present: Statement 2: Chair Repositioning

Image

“Wait,” Vesti asks, “That doesn’t make any sense… When we tried to get into this office, there was a chair shoved in front of the door, keeping us out. There wasn’t even any room to squeeze through. So, how’d you get in?” “I’d think the answer would be fairly obvious…” Sammy replies, crossing his arms and glaring at Vesti. “I just used the door. Whoever was searching the room could have left that chair there later.” “Yeah, uh… I’m gonna be honest, Vesti…” Lita says, shaking her head. “That was kinda obvious…” “Yeah, fine, I guess it was…” Vesti mumbles. “Let’s just move on, okay?” “Nah, I’d like to savor this moment…” Sammy says in a deadpan tone. “I need all the laughter I can get now.” Vesti’s prestige decreases by 5%. (Whoops… Still, there’s something off about that chair’s placement… Maybe I should press him for more info and see what comes up.)

Press: Statement 6

Image

Before Vesti can say what’s on his mind, Lita interjects, “So… you’re saying that this mysterious person knocked you out and stuffed you into the cabinet? That’s pretty crazy!” “Well, yeah…” Sammy replies, “I can only assume that they panicked upon being discovered and tried to get me out of the way.” “Wait… As I was trying to say…” Vesti continues, “You woke up in a dark cabinet… and your first instinct was to just sit there? Not to try to open the door or anything?” “Well, I didn’t wake up until after you two had arrived in the room…” Sammy explains, “And with all the racket you were making, I had assumed the man who knocked me out had come back with a friend. Obviously I wasn’t gonna charge outta the cabinet with him right there, so I stayed put.” Lita shouts, “It’s a good thing we’re not crazy murderers then, what with how loudly you sneezed!” “Yeah…” Sammy says, “I’ll admit it was somewhat of a relief…” “Well, that makes sense, I suppose,” Vesti mumbles, “You can continue.”

Press: Statement 7

Image

“You ‘don’t know’?” Vesti interjects, “Surely you’ve got some kind of idea?” “No, not really,” Sammy explains, “I couldn’t exactly tell what he was doing while I was unconscious…” “But surely you’ve got a theory or an educated guess!” Vesti says. He gestures around the room and adds, “Just think back to how the room was before you were supposedly knocked out. There’s gotta be some sort of clue there!” Sammy slowly glances around the room and sighs. “Well, if it’ll satisfy you… I suppose they most likely just walked out the front door before you arrived. That’s what I woulda done, anyway.” “Yeah, that sounds reasonable!” Lita shouts, “But are you willing to stand by that deduction!” Sammy raises his eyebrow at Lita and mumbles, “ …Sure.” {{New Statement added}}

Argument: The Puzzling Person
Sammy: I was just wandering through the hallways on this floor...
Sammy: ...when I saw that the door to this office was slightly ajar.
Sammy: Curious, I walked inside and saw someone digging through the filing cabinet.
Sammy: They had some kind of mask on, so I couldn't recognize them.
Sammy: They must have chloroformed me or something...
Sammy: ...because the next thing I remember, I woke up in that cabinet.
Sammy: As for what happened to that other person, I don’t know…
Sammy: Well, they probably left through the door before you arrived.
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page 15 of 19 [ 737 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Doctor Nanjo, Google [Bot], JesusMonroe and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO