Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 16 of 19[ 737 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 


Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

KamiPanda wrote:
Press statement 2 I guess?
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Aside from the stick he's giving us I think we could haul him downtown as is. We found him hiding in a ransacked room that was barred from the inside when a number of rooms had been raided in the hospital. He's suspicious enough for a jury to take down.

Speaking of which present the chair positioning on the last statement. Ain't no way someone could leave the room by the door we came in and then bar it from the inside.

Then slam Sammy's head on the desk, cuff his hands behind his back and arrest him on the spot for obstruction of justice.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Just give me like three updates and I SWEAR you can arrest him
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Yeah, Pierre said it best.

Er, I forget, did we show Sammy our badge already? Whatever, ONCE ISN'T ENOUGH! SHOVE IT IN HIS FACE EVEN IF IT GETS US A PENALTY!

Then also coordinate with my sis to make her show him her Attorney's badge as well. That'll probably make him faint so we can arrest him.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Hmm, I wonder what’s happenin’ on the other side of the pond?
oh whale


Present: Statement 8: Chair Repositioning

Image

“Sammy, that’s impossible,” Vesti explains, “Like I mentioned earlier, that chair in front of the door prevented us from getting in… Therefore, it also would’ve prevented anyone inside from getting out. Basically, with that chair where it was, this ‘mysterious man’ you insist existed couldn’t have left through the front door!” “Oh, right…” Sammy mumbles, “…That does make sense…” “I’m going to be honest with you, Sammy,” Vesti explains, “Your story reeks of suspiciousness… I have half a mind to cuff you right now and take you down to the station for breaking and entering and obstruction of justice.” “Seriously?” Sammy shouts, “My wife’s been murdered, and you’re gonna arrest me?” Vesti snaps, “Grief doesn’t mean you can break the law without consequences.” Sammy scoffs and says, “Wow, some bastion of justice you are!” “Hey, wait!” Lita shouts, “We don’t have proof he lied about anything! You asked him a question he couldn’t have known, and he answered it incorrectly. That’s all! As long as the rest of his story still stands, there’s no way that accusation would fly!” Vesti replies, “Well, we proved that Sammy’s ‘mysterious person’ couldn’t have left the room after him, which means his whole story falls apart.” “N- Not necessarily!” Sammy says, “There’s still another way he could have left! He points to the window and shouts, “Through there!” “…The window?” Lita mumbles. “Exactly!” Sammy replies, “The guy who attacked me could have climbed out of the window, dropped to the ground using the gutter, and ran off!” Vesti shakes his head and says, “Nope, that’s impossible. Here’s why…”

Why couldn’t the ransacker have left through the window?
PRESENT evidence.

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Present the Window and Gutter.

Gutter had no footprints in the marshy ground at the bottom. Therefore no one had dunked down that gutter today.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

KamiPanda wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:
Press statement 2 I guess?



But yeah, point out the gutter thing. Otherwise, point out the flower box and how the flowers are undamaged. That same contradiction that worked in the past can work here too! Unless they like dug up the flowers and then replanted them or something.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

KamiPanda wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:
Press statement 2 I guess?



But yeah, point out the gutter thing. Otherwise, point out the flower box and how the flowers are undamaged. That same contradiction that worked in the past can work here too! Unless they like dug up the flowers and then replanted them or something.


Wasn't that in the past? In an old photograph?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Present Window and Gutter! The ground lacks any footprints, so it's possible that they have used the gutter to get into Aura's office, which is right above Argenta's office.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

When we investigated the ransacked room, we found the present flowers to be undamaged too.

Planetbox wrote:
Examine: Flower Box

Next, Vesti heads over to the flower box, carefully avoiding the clumps of dirt scattered on the floor, which could ruin his shoes. The flowers look relatively untouched, but holes have been dug out of the dirt beneath them, as Vesti previously noticed. However, there’s nothing in the holes, and there isn’t any evidence to suggest that there ever was anything there.


The holes are suspicious, which might indicate they'd been lifted out to avoid damaging the flowers, but maybe they're just where the ransacker tried to look for things buried in the soil.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Dawww, it ain't fun if you guys take everything so straightforward!

Fake Sammy out. Coordinate with Lita and do a double badge present. I'm not giving this up yet!
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

KamiPanda wrote:
But yeah, point out the gutter thing. Otherwise, point out the flower box and how the flowers are undamaged. That same contradiction that worked in the past can work here too! Unless they like dug up the flowers and then replanted them or something.


You’d be right, except the flower box isn’t outside the window anymore. It got moved to a stand on the left side of the office because Argenta kept dropping the watering can on people. I don’t think I mentioned this in the most recent investigation, but I did bring it up in the original investigation of Argenta’s office.

Spoiler: why do they keep cancelling school lol
>:O


Present: Window and Gutter

Image

“The evidence is the gutter… More specifically, it’s the ground underneath the gutter,” Vesti explains, “It’s very marshy down there, so if anyone had climbed down on the gutter they would have left footprints behind. But there weren’t any, so this mysterious ransacker couldn’t have left through the window.” “W- Wait,” Sammy shouts, “They didn’t have to go straight to the ground! They could have climbed up the gutter and into the fifth floor window!” “No, that’s not possible either,” Vesti explains, “The room above this one is Aura’s office. We just came from that room and left a few people behind, such as Dustin and Argenta. Assuming they haven’t all left for some reason, they would have clearly seen anyone try to come in.” Sammy says, “Well, maybe they could have come in through one of the other win-” “Nope, that’s not possible!” Lita shouts, “The windows near the gutter on the bottom three floors don’t open on the outside!” “Oh, uh, thanks…” Vesti glances at Lita and asks, “…How did you know that?” “Oh, I had some time left during the investigation, so I decided to go ahead and check on that.” Lita explains, “I actually climbed down on the gutter myself to test the windows, so I’d know for sure!” “Ah, alright… I’ll believe you…” Vesti replies, “Anyway, back to the case… We know that this person Sammy supposedly saw couldn’t have left through the door or the window. So, Sammy… you’re lying.” “Wait,” Sammy shouts, “There’s still one possibility! …M- Maybe the guy I saw heard you coming and hid somewhere in the room!” Vesti grins smugly and says, “Y’know what, Sammy? I think you’re right. The criminal did hide somewhere in the room…” He points dramatically and shouts, “And I know where!”

Where was the ransacker hiding?
Pick a location:
Desk, Filing Cabinet, Bookcase, Cabinet, Window.

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

The cabinet.... Duh. Which means that the person who ransacked Agrenta's office... Was none other than Sammy Tose himself!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

The same place you did- the cabinet!

Right?

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
The cabinet.... Duh. Which means that the person who ransacked Agrenta's office... Was none other than Sammy Tose himself!


Oh geez thanks Hanzo for posting first so I could be more confident.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

They must have jumped out the window, landing way past the gutter and thus not leaving any marks. Our ransacker is a ninja.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Don't say anything just give Sammy a look that says "You don't say?" and arrest him.


Also compliment Lita on doing the hardcore detective work that Vesti is afraid to do :D
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: The new Kirby game made getting this update out SLIGHTLY MORE DIFFICULT.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
IT'S THE DESK????


Select: Cabinet

“Right there!” Vesti points straight past Sammy, at the cabinet behind him. Lita says, “The cabinet?” “That doesn’t make any sense,” Sammy shouts, looking a little worried. “I was in the cabinet! No one else could have fit in there with me!” “Still, that cabinet is the only place for the killer to have hidden…” Vesti explains, “At least, without us noticing him.” “But you already opened that cabinet!” Sammy replies, “A- And the only person you found in there was… me…” A grave look passes over Sammy’s face and he mumbles, “You’re not saying what I think you are, right?” “Oh, I’ll tell you what I’m saying…” Vesti says as he walks towards Sammy. The latter tries to back away, but Vesti quickly closes the gap, pulling out his handcuffs. Then he grabs Sammy’s arms, wrestles them behind his back, and fastens the handcuffs around his back. “I’m saying that I’m putting you under arrest for breaking and entering and obstruction of justice.” “Aw yeah!” Lita shouts, “We got some ACTION now!” “W- Wait,” Sammy says. Vesti interjects, “What, do you want me to add resisting arrest to that? Remember you have the right to remain silent, because I won’t resist to hold anything you say against you.” “No, I don’t,” Sammy shouts, “B- But just give me a minute! You’re making a huge mistake here!” “Oh, I don’t think so,” Vesti replies, “I think you were the one who conducted both of the illegal searches that occured in this office today, and once we caught you in the middle of searching this one, you climbed into that cabinet and waited for us to leave. But, upon being discovered, you made up your story about another ransacker locking you out. But that story was nothing but a lie! So, I think I’ll just take you to meet up with Lauren and Percy again and tell them about your activities, no matter how you feel about it.” “C- Come on, just hear me out!” Percy replies, glaring at where Vesti stands behind him. “It’s literally impossible for me to have done everything you just described! If you throw me behind bars, you’ll just gonna embarrass yourself!” “Sorry, but I kinda doubt that,” Vesti says, shaking his head. “Now, let’s go.” Vesti starts to escort him out of the room, but Lita puts a hand on his shoulder and shouts, “Vesti, stop! I think we should let him talk! Just one more time!” “Why?” Vesti replies, “He’s done nothing but lie this entire time! It’s like he’s been intentionally trying to look as suspicious as possible!” “That may be true,” Lita says, “But as a defense attorney, I’m not gonna just watch this guy get carted off when he clearly has more to say! If it proves to be a waste of time, you can take him away! But for now, it’s innocent until proven guilty!” Vesti gives Lita an annoyed glare for a few seconds, but eventually mumbles, “Fine… but these cuffs are staying on.” He walks back to the other side of Sammy, glares at him, and continues, “Alright, why is it ‘impossible’ for you to have broken into this room? This better be worth it, cause we’re not sticking around if you’re just gonna talk nonsense.” “Believe me,” Sammy mumbles, “It’s well worth it…”

Argument: Just a Victim
Sammy: Like I said, I’m just a victim here.
Sammy: I’m certain that the room was locked before it was broken into.
Sammy: I don’t work at this hospital, so I wouldn't have a key. I couldn't have gotten in!
Sammy: Not only that, but take a look at that cabinet I supposedly hid myself in.
Sammy: There’s no handle on the inside, and there isn’t enough space between the doors to pull it completely closed.
Sammy: The only way I could have been trapped inside is if someone else closed it on me!
Sammy: I don’t know who ransacked this room, but it wasn’t me!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(Hmm... He's kinda right. There's no way he could have ransacked this room... Until I resolve these two contradictions, that is!)

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Quote:
“C- Come on, just hear me out!” Percy replies


Plot twist.


Present stolen keys to statement 3!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Quote:
"C- Come on, just hear me out!” Percy replies


aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Oh wait Kami already pointed that out

Anyway press statement three and present the hospital record saying that Sammy worked there.

I know you guys are probably confused because that isn't there but we found it when originally searching Aura's office. It also gives his true identity away so it's super important
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Man I didn't even know we had that evidence.

If a key has been stolen we could probably search him and maybe find it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Yeah, it'd make sense since Sammy is most likely the one who stole Dustin's hospital keys. If he have the keys on his person, then we got the thief.

And also, I think I know how Sammy was able to hide himself inside the cabinet. The hospital scrubs. They were hanging on the left knob of the cabinet. Meaning that they must have played a role in how Sammy was able to hid himself in the cabinet.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Whoa nice, Hanzo. I thought I was gonna have to split this update into two at first.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
It wasn't the desk...

Press Statement 2 and 6.


Press: Statement 2

Image

“How are you so certain that the room was locked?” Vesti asks. “Well, it’s always locked,” Sammy replies. He gives Vesti an annoyed glare, the impact of which is lessened by his hunched-over posture and handcuffed wrists, then continues, “All the offices in here are, in order to keep their records secure… I guess, theoretically, it could have been unlocked if Dr. Gold had forgotten to close it earlier, but that would’ve been an insane coincidence.” “Hmm… Y’know, for someone who’s never worked at this hospital before…” Vesti mumbles, “You seem to know a lot about how the locks work.” In a deadpan tone, Sammy responds, “…What are you implying?” “Oh, I’m not implying anything,” Vesti says, grinning. “I just thought it was a little strange, that’s all!” “Well, I’ve been visiting this hospital frequently for five years, and I’ve talked with some of the doctors.” Sammy explains, “I may have picked up a few things along the way.” “Remember, Vesti,” Lita says, waving her finger at Vesti. “Unless you can considering. You should be focusing on how he could have gotten into the office instead!” “Well, as a matter of fact,” Vesti mumbles, “I have an answer for that conundrum…”

Present: Hospital Key Rings: Statement 3

Image

“There’s one thing we’ve yet to mention about the locks in this hospital…” Vesti says, “And that’s the fact that there are keys that open them!” “Uhh… Vesti…” Lita remarks, “I think we all just sorta assumed that they did… I’m not really sure where you’re going here.” “I m- mean… Look, just let me finish!” Vesti says, “Anyway… to open the door to this room, you’d need an office key. But certain people working at the hospital have their own special way to get in here: a key ring, with enough keys on it to open every door in the building… And it just so happens that one of those key rings went missing a week ago!” “Oh, really?” Sammy mumbles, looking uncomfortable. “W- Well, maybe the person who broke in stole that key ring.” “Exactly,” Vesti shouts, pointing at Sammy. You stole that key ring and used it to get into this office, didn’t you?” “Wait, you can’t prove that!” Sammy shouts. “I don’t really think I have to,” Vesti replies, “But if I did, I could just search your pockets! Considering you would have had to use the key ring to get in here, you must have it on you! And there’s no reason for you to have it unless you stole it!” “Aw, yeah!” Lita shouts, “I’m finally gonna see an OFFICIAL police search! C’mon, Vesti! Slam him on the table and shake him down!” An awkwardly long silence follows this until Vesti mumbles, “Uhh… Well, I’ve never actually seen one of those key rings, so even if I find one I’m not gonna be able to tell if it’s the key ring or just, like, his car keys or something…” “Ugh, seriously?” Lita says, “What’s the point of your stupid badge if you can’t even search a guy when you have the chance!” “It’s fine,” Vesti mumbles, “We can do it after we take this guy to meet up with Lauren and Percy.” “Now hold on, let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” Sammy says, “Even if I had the means to break into this room, that doesn’t change the fact that I couldn’t have closed those cabinet doors on myself!”

Present: Hospital Scrubs: Statement 6

Image

“Not necessarily,” Vesti shouts, “There was a way for you to close those doors, but you had to use a specific object in the room.” He points at the cabinet, where Argenta’s hospital scrubs are hanging from the left doorknob. “Those hospital scrubs!” “Wh- What?” Sammy replies, a grim look passing over his face. “How the heck could I have used those to lock myself in the cabinet?” “It’s quite simple, really,” Vesti explains, “First, you climbed into the cabinet, and then you pulled the right door shut. Closing the first door was quite easy; closing the second door is where the problem comes up. After all, the gap between the doors is too small for one’s fingers, so you couldn’t just pull on it.” “Unless you had something small enough to fit between the doors…” Lita snaps her fingers and shouts, “Like those scrubs!” “Exactly. Sammy intentionally placed those scrubs on the doorknob before climbing into the cabinet…” Vesti continues, “That way he could pull on the scrubs to close the door, and once he let them go, they’d swing back through the crack, leaving no indication that anyone was inside!” “Hold on, that doesn’t make any sense!” Sammy replies, “If I had let the scrubs swing out of the cabinet like that, they would have pulled the door open again!” “For most cabinets, that would be true,” Vesti replies, “But this cabinet has magnets on the top of the doors that keep them shut. When the scrubs were pulled on, the magnets would have made the doors click securely into place. The scrubs swinging outward wouldn’t have pulled on them enough to break that magnetism!” “Ah, that makes sense!” Lita shouts, “So Sammy got into the office with the key ring and then closed the doors on himself with those hospital scrubs! That resolves everything! Sammy’s got to be the one responsible!”

“W- Wait,” Sammy says, sweating suspiciously. “Y- You don’t understand!” “Oh, I think I understand plenty,” Vesti replies. “I don’t know what you were looking for, but it’s abundantly clear that you tried to search this office. And I’m willing to bet that you were the one who searched Aura’s office too! That’s two counts of breaking and entering!” “I… I…” Sammy trails off and looks at the ground. Vesti can’t really read his expression, but it looks something like indecision. But before Vesti has any time to consider that, Lita says, “Alright, that’s good enough for me! We should get going. It’s about time we met up with the others!” “Oh, yeah… You’re right.” Vesti mumbles, and then he walks over to Sammy, puts his hand on his back, and adds. “Let’s go, then! It’s about time we exposed the truth behind this case!” Then he follows Lita out the door, escorting Sammy alongside him.

To be continued…

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Strike an awesome dynamic Gates duo pose in the transition.



(Also even if we had found keys on him all we'd need to do is try them on the door to see if they worked)
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

This sounds to me like a perfect opportunity to present our badge to Lita.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Dance a little jig before moving onto the detention centre where we finally lock away Sammy once and for all.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

{{Honestly I was just too lazy to write a search scene in that update, but I didn’t even think of that.
I’m still too lazy to write one so let’s just say Vesti and Lita did that on the way over and found them or something. And then they did an epic Gates duo pose.}}

Spoiler: For those crazy goofballs who posted while the game was saving.
There weren’t any crazy goofballs over there.


Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016. Time: 5:00 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, Lobby.

The lobby of the hospital is mostly empty by the time the group reconvenes, as most of the visitors who just happened to be at the hospital when the murder occurred have been allowed to leave by now. The only people left in the lobby now are Percy Graham, Lauren Tehra, Dustin Panne, Argenta Gold, the receptionist (who doesn’t seem to be paying any attention to her surroundings), and two police officers. As Vesti and Lita walk into the lobby, dragging a handcuffed Sammy Tose along with them, Percy looks up from whatever game he’s playing and says, “Ah, there you are… Sure took you long enough. I guess you’re about as quick on your feet as you are in your wit.” “Can it, Percy,” Lauren says, giving the prosecutor an annoyed glare. “We should be focusing on the results of our respective investigations, not on juvenile insults.” Judging by her temperament, investigating with Percy was probably not a good experience.

“Well, I’ll let you guys start,” Vesti says, “Because we got a lot done!” Sammy mumbles, “Does ‘getting a lot done’ usually involve arresting people for unrelated crimes?” “I like this guy,” Percy says, looking extremely invested in his game. “And he brings up a valid point. I would like an explanation as to why exactly you arrested this man and brought him along with you.” “All in due time,” Lita replies, smiling. “I wanna hear what you found, because we may have solved this entire case!” “Oh, really?” Argenta says, seemingly a lot more cheerful and at ease now. “Well, that’s sure to be interesting!” “I …find that hard to believe…” Percy says, “But for what it’s worth, we didn’t really find anything in our investigation. We did get a look at the fusebox that apparently caused that blackout though.” “I suppose it would be more appropriate to call it a ‘switchbox,’” Lauren adds, “The box just had a bunch of switches that turned off the power to certain areas of the building. I assume the fuses were somewhere else. There was also a fail-safe mechanism to keep the power from accidentally getting switched off.” “That’s actually a fairly recent addition…” Dustin says, “I added it myself on my first week as a janitor here, since I didn’t want a repeat of the incident from five years ago… Granted, it would hardly do any good against someone with murderous intent…” Dustin lets out a sigh.

“Well, speaking of that…” Lauren says, “Judging by your confidence, you two must have found some evidence from that incident, right?” “Nope!” Lita shouts. Hearing this, Lauren just stares at Lita and Vesti for a few seconds. Eventually, she says, “Excuse me?” Vesti pushes Sammy forward a little and explains, “We didn’t find anything directly related to that incident, but we did catch this guy in the middle of illegally searching the office. And I bet he searched Aura’s office too!” Percy looks up from his 3DS, his interest finally piqued. “Seriously? That’s… very interesting.” “Sammy?” Argenta asks, “But wh- why would he search my office?” “I don’t know. He never told us… but I have a theory…” Vesti explains, “I bet he was searching for evidence… stuff that tied him to the incident five years ago… and maybe even the one today!” “W- Wait…” Sammy says, his expression grim. “What are you saying…” Vesti shouts, “Sammy Tose, I am accusing you of the murder of Cammy Tose!”

Within an instant, Sammy’s face contorts in rage. He shouts, “NO! Just stop right there! Don’t even think about it!” Vesti’s gusto quickly gives way to surprise. “Wh- Wha-” “Just SHUT UP!” Sammy interjects, “I may have searched a few rooms, but don’t even dare suggest that I killed my wife!” Unfazed, Lauren says, “You did lie about where you were during the time of the murder… I believe Vesti’s accusation is quite reasonable.” “Of course I lied about where I was! I was searching the main office!” Sammy replies, “But I didn’t murder Cammy… Why would I? I loved her more than anything else in the world! Is that really so hard to believe?” “To be fair…” Percy says, “The evidence is what matters, and there’s no evidence that you really loved her.” Sammy slams his foot on the floor and shouts, “Oh, get your head out of your ass!”

A tense silence fills the room, eventually interrupted by the sound of Percy slamming his 3DS shut. He glares at Sammy from over the rim of his glasses and says, “…I recommend you choose your next words a little more carefully…” “No, y’know what? I think you should choose your words more carefully!” Sammy continues, “My wife’s been in a coma for five years. Think about that. Five years. Five years that I haven’t seen her smile. Five years that I haven’t even been able to tell her I love her. And after five years of only being driven forward by the hope that she’ll open her eyes one day, she’s taken from me for good. And you lot have the audacity to claim that I was responsible for all of that?! Well, I’m sorry, but you’re just flat out wrong!” “If that’s true…” Argenta cautiously asks, “Th… Then why did you search all those rooms?” “I’m about to tell you,” Sammy says, “I may have broken the law a few times, but I did everything for her!”

Argument: Sammy’s Confession
Sammy: Okay, you’ve already proved that I ransacked Argenta’s office...
Sammy: ...and you're right about me stealing that key and searching Aura’s room.
Sammy: But don’t you DARE accuse me of killing my wife!
Sammy: I loved her, and that’s why I did what I did.
Sammy: I know Cammy wouldn’t commit suicide. There was foul play involved.
Sammy: So, for the last five years, I’ve been sneaking around the hospital...
Sammy: ...searching rooms, interrogating witnesses, taking notes...
Sammy: ...all to find out what happened that night. ...But I haven’t had much luck.
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(Is he lying? …I’m not certain, honestly. If he is, there oughta be some evidence to prove it… but if he isn’t, maybe now’s my chance to get some information…)

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Press the penultimate or last statements, see what he's got to say.

Also I never accused you Sammy it was all these guys!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Tell off Sammy for swearing so loudly, and then press the first two statements. Was he the one in the hospital scrubs and all?
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Press him about the "Foul Play" comment.

Also try and correlate his story with Argenta, Aura and Dustin. Surely if he'd been thieving around the hospital for five years they must have noticed something off like missing keys or whatnot before now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Rude
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Press the last one.


Press: Statement 2

Image

Vesti asks, “So were you the one we saw on camera walking around in hospital scrubs?” Sammy gives Vesti a confused glance and replies, “No… I’m not sure what you’re talking about…” “Well, we saw a suspicious person prowling about wearing hospital scrubs,” Vesti explains, “so I just thought that might have been you sneaking around the hospital.” “No, that wasn’t me,” Sammy explains, “I had a good idea of where the cameras were, so I just tried to keep my face out of them. The closest thing I had to a disguise was one of those masks from the front desk.” He makes a motion like he’s about to pull said mask out of his pocket, only to have his efforts hindered by the handcuffs. He sighs in annoyance. “Really, though, it makes sense that it wasn’t him!” Argenta Gold exclaims, “Most of us keep our scrubs in our office, so he would have had to break in somewhere just to get a disguise to break in somewhere else! It would have been easier to just get a more reliable disguise!” “That’s true…” Vesti mumbles, “I guess we’ll have to find the solution to that mystery later…”

Press: Statement 5

Image

Vesti asks, “What do you mean, there was ‘foul play’ involved?” “I mean that Cammy didn’t commit suicide…” Sammy explains grimly. “I think it’s more likely that someone tried to kill her and then set it up to look like a suicide.” “Isn’t that the theory you were pushing for a little while ago?” Percy asks, “Are you saying you’ve changed your mind?” “Of course not!” Vesti shouts, “I was just wondering if Sammy had any proof for that statement that we missed!” “Nope, I’m afraid I don’t,” Sammy answers, “I knew she wouldn’t have tried to kill herself simply because I’d seen her respond to more stressful situations without even contemplating anything like that… but obviously, that wouldn’t hold up in court. That’s why I did what I did…”

Press: Statement 6

Image

“So you say you’ve been snooping around the hospital for five years…” Vesti turns to Argenta and Dustin and asks, “Can either of you think of anything that could corroborate this?” Dustin replies, “Uhh… Well, other than my key ring disappearing, no, I can’t really think of anything…” “Honestly, that doesn’t surprise me,” Sammy says, “That key ring was the first time I ever took anything. Usually when I searched rooms, I tried to leave everything as it was. I didn’t bother with those offices because getting caught would have been much more dangerous. Other than that, I usually just talked to people, which obviously wouldn’t have looked that suspicious to anyone passing by…” “I can think of something though,” Argenta exclaims, “I always noticed that when Sammy was visiting his wife, he’d leave at really random times, sometimes oddly quickly. And I think once about a year ago he left Cammy’s room really early, but then I saw him finally leave through the front door like an hour later…” Sammy nods and replies, “Yeah, on days that I went searching, I would always have to leave Cammy’s room early, so I could still get to work on time. That’s why I seemed to have such a weird schedule.” “Well, I suppose that all more or less lines up… Moving on…”

Press: Statement 7

Image

“…Did you just say you had been ‘taking notes?’” Vesti asks. “Well, yeah…” Sammy replies, “I had to have some way to record the info I found… Why?” “Hmm…” After thinking for a few seconds, Vesti says, “And what kinda stuff is in these notes?” Sammy explains, “It’s mostly testimonies from people about the night of Cammy’s incident… You know, stuff they saw at the time.” “Ah, interesting…” Vesti mumbles.

Vesti says, “Sammy, your story makes a lot of sense to me. Not only does it explain all your suspicious behavior, but it also just seems more reasonable than you being the killer. After all, you couldn’t have known that Cammy had woken up, and even if you did, you had no reason to kill her considering you weren’t even in the building when the blackout occurred.” “Good…” Sammy replies, “I’m glad someone here has some sense.” “Wait,” Lita shouts, “Does that mean we’re back to square one?” “Perhaps not,” Vesti explains, “Sammy, even if I’m not arresting you for murder, you’re still probably gonna go away for a while on charges of breaking and entering, trespassing, and maybe even obstruction of justice… However, if you help the investigation now, perhaps you’ll be able to get a lessened sentence.” “‘Help the investigation?’” Sammy asks, “How, exactly?” “It’s simple,” Vesti says, holding out his hand. “Hand over your notes. We might be able to use them to figure out what happened five years ago…” “I would, but…” Sammy says, “I’ve had these for five years, and I haven’t been able to figure anything out from them in all that time…” “It’s possible that you may have simply missed something that we found in our legal investigation,” Vesti replies, “Either way, you don’t have anything to lose by handing it over.” “Fine…” Sammy says, “I can’t give it to you on account of being handcuffed, but the notepad’s in my left pocket. Just take it.”

Vesti retrieves the notes, which are written on the first few sheets of a black spiral notepad, and flips to the page that seems the most relevant: a collection of testimonies regarding the day of the murder. Before he can get to reading them, Percy interjects, “Hold on, are we sure that we can trust these notes? They were written by a prime suspect.” “Everything here cites the person who gave the info,” Vesti responds, “We could always verify the statements with them.” “Besides,” Lauren adds, “If he had faked the notes and intended to deceive us with them, he wouldn’t have withheld them for so long, and he wouldn’t have faked evidence that directly implicated him in several lesser crimes.” With all that settled, Vesti carefully reads over the notes. {{Sammy’s Notes added to Evidence}}

Ray Seppsun, Receptionist: Didn’t see anyone suspicious come in. This was probably an inside job, as I imagine anyone would have noticed their patient sneaking off.
Aura Gold, Director: Insists that she sent Cammy to the breaker room. Got annoyed when I pressed her. I should probably avoid getting spotted by her again.
Dustin Panne, Doctor: Saw the power go out and hurried to the fuse room to use his electrician experience to help. He met Aura and Argenta Gold on the stairwell and told them where the power had gone out, then continued to the top-floor. The fuse had been faulty and blew itself out when the switch flipped, so he fixed it as quickly as possible.
Adrodo Conrodo III, Patient: Saw Cammy carried through the hallway on a stretcher. The doctor presiding over Adrodo’s surgery (identity unknown) was upset, because she had apparently been planning to marathon Nitrogen Ninja with Cammy that afternoon (I remember Cammy mentioning this. I think I wasn’t invited because they were bringing wine or something). Anyway, this could be proof that foul play was involved.
Janine “Dusty” Torr, Janitor: Was mopping the fifth floor when the incident occured. She saw a woman with long, black hair enter the fusebox room (probably Cammy). She never saw them leave, as she slipped on her mopwater and was knocked unconscious for a while.
Janet “Rusty” Torr, Janitor (no relation to Janine): Accompanied the party that took in Cammy. The body was never left alone before reaching the hospital room. The next day, she was called to fix the gutter, which had apparently gotten broken at some point. Would have taken a lot of pressure to break that thing. Might be proof that she was pushed out?

A grim look crosses Vesti’s face. “…I think I know who caused the blackout” “What? Already?” Sammy shouts, “I’ve been struggling with all that for years, and you worked it out in a few seconds?” “I was right,” Vesti explains, “You missed a single piece of evidence that completes this puzzle. Allow me to explain…”

Who caused the blackout? What evidence did Sammy miss?
PRESENT a profile AND evidence.

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

ARGENTA!!!!!! And the photo with her hair black.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Well I mean...he's not wrong...but I'm still betting this somehow goes back to Aura.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Oh, same. To me this confirms it.

Spoiler: My theory
Argenta caused the blackout that killed lots of people. Aura wanted to protect her and her career, so she pinned the blame on Cammy, and then silenced her.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

KamiPanda wrote:
Oh, same. To me this confirms it.

Spoiler: My theory
Argenta caused the blackout that killed lots of people. Aura wanted to protect her and her career, so she pinned the blame on Cammy, and then silenced her.


Aw man that's not cool. I'm not a huge fan of "break the cutie" stories and that would be horrific for Argenta.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Darn, so it wasn't Ray. Or the Torres. Pretty disappointing.

Before you do present it though, give a look at Aura and say:

"I guess you aren't as golden as you made us think you were."
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Sorry, SC, no can do. Aura isn’t even in the room right now.

Spoiler: sorry 4 late
OshaliteX2 wrote:
>Adrodo Conrodo
eyyyyyyy i kno dat guy

i dont kno who did the blackout, do
imma gues cammy and da ringa keyyyyyyz


Present: Argenta Gold and Gold Photo

Image

Vesti says, “The first janitor mentioned here: a Janine Torr. Her testimony is the most important one here.” Lauren mumbles, “She was the one who saw a woman with black hair enter the fusebox room…” “Cammy had long black hair…” Dustin says, “Does that mean she did it after all?” “No… There was another possibility…” Vesti says, “And I have evidence that proves it.” “Do you?” Percy asks, “Well, let’s see it then.” After a short, awkward silence, Vesti sighs and reaches into his pocket, pulling out the photo he picked up from Argenta Gold’s office. He holds it in front of him, looking at Argenta with her hair out long and died black. After a few more seconds of silence, Lita says, “Hey, Vesti, don’t leave us in suspense! …You feelin’ alright?” “Yeah, I’ll be fine…” Vesti hands the photo to Percy, who looks at it skeptically. “ … I hardly see how this is relevant…” “This photo was taken shortly after the blackout.” Vesti explains, “As you can tell, there was someone else who could have been spotted going into that fusebox room… Obviously, she looks completely different now, but back then she looked very similar to Cammy Tose from behind… It was Argenta Gold.

“H- Huh?” Argenta shouts, “V- Vesti? What do you think you’re doing?” “...My job.” Vesti mumbles grimly. Looking at the photo, Lauren says, “…While they do resemble each other… I’d hardly say this proves anything. There were probably plenty of people with long black hair at the hospital that day.” “Oh, believe me, I wouldn’t make an accusation such as this so lightly…” Vesti explains, “You see, there’s another testimony that supports it… Specifically, that of Dustin Panne.” “Me?” Dustin asks. “What did I see again? I don’t really remember… It doesn’t really seem like it was anything important…” “Let me remind you,” Vesti glances at Sammy’s notepad and explains, “You ran into Argenta Gold and her sister on the stairwell. That means they were probably heading down from the top floor, where the fusebox was.” Argenta shouts, “Th- That doesn’t mean anything! You can’t accuse someone because they walked down a flight of stairs!” “Well, normally you couldn’t…” Vesti says, “But when they previously claimed to have not gone down that flight of stairs, things get a little more complicated!” “Wait,” Lita shouts, “Are you saying she LIED?!” Vesti answers, “I am. When I asked Argenta about her whereabouts five years ago, she claimed that she was in the affected ward when the power went out and spent her whole time there… So, why would she fail to mention that she had actually come down from the top floor? Unless… she was hiding something…” “Such as the blackout she supposedly caused…” Percy mumbles. “Wait, Vesti!” Lita says, “Are you sure about this? I mean, that’s suspicious, sure, but it’s hardly conclusive! There’s no way any of that would hold up in court! Besides, it’s been five years! She might have just forgotten!” Percy replies, “With how traumatic that whole incident apparently was, I doubt she’d just conveniently forget.” “She didn’t even have a motive!” Lita replies, “Why would a doctor intentionally endanger the lives of so many patients?!” “Well… It may not have been intentional…” Dustin adds, “Without the fail-safe, that fusebox was a lot more dangerous back then…” Before anyone can respond to Dustin’s theory, Argenta suddenly shouts, “E- Everybody shut up!”

Everyone turns to Argenta, surprised at her outburst. Despite the fact that she’s clearly trembling, the doctor is glaring at everyone in the room, her expression a mix of anger and resolve. Eventually, Percy snaps, “What? Are you going to try to protect yourself once again?” Argenta takes in a shaky breath and then lets out a sigh. She mumbles, “No… as a matter of fact, I’m not… I’m sick of all that. I’m sick of people talking about me while I’m in the room, throwing out assumptions, treating me like I’m some kind of criminal… I- I’m sick of coming up with a bunch of lies because I can’t face the truth of what happened that day. So I’m done. I admit it. …I caused that blackout.” Sammy Tose, still in handcuffs, shouts, “So, you’re the one who caused those deaths? And you kept on working here like it never even happened, letting my wife take all the blame? How can you even live with yourself?” “…With difficulty,” Argenta replies, “Mr. Panne was right. I didn’t mean to flip that switch… M- My finger slipped. I know it’s an awful excuse, but it’s what happened. …I still remember the feeling of horror and dread I got when it happened. In fact, I don’t think that feeling will ever leave me…” Argenta looks back up at Sammy and adds, “So, yeah, maybe I shouldn’t still be at this hospital… but it’s the only thing I can do to at least try to make up for those four patients… so it’s what I’m going to do.” Lauren asks, “So… you had absolutely no ill will towards any of the patients?” “Of course not,” Argenta says, “Being a doctor means doing whatever you can to protect people… even complete strangers… That’s what my father always said. Even if I had known one of those patients, it wouldn’t have mattered. When someone’s in that hospital bed, grudges or personal feelings about them are forgotten. Their condition and their recovery… that’s all that matters…” Argenta sighs once again and adds, “I was supposed to protect those patients… b- but I failed them. Not a day goes by in which I don’t think of that…” She trails off, and it seems that she has nothing more to say. Eventually, Vesti says, “Uhh… Th- Thank you, Argenta. It was very brave of you to say all that…” Argenta just looks at the floor, not responding.

Before the mood in the room even gets a chance to improve, Percy remarks, “Hmm… So, you’d do ‘anything’ to make up for your mistakes, yes? Perhaps… even murder?” Argenta doesn’t even respond this time. She stares at the prosecutor, speechless. Vesti shouts, “N- No! Don’t even think about it!” “Oh? And why shouldn’t I?” Percy asks, “Wasn’t it you who said that Cammy’s killer and the one who caused the blackout were the same person?” Vesti stammers, “W- Well… yes, but-” “There are no buts,” Percy snaps, “You said it yourself. The one that caused the blackout would have plenty of motivation to cover it up, especially if it meant saving their career. After all, how’s a doctor supposed to save any patients if she’s in jail?” “Wha- What?” Argenta finally responds, “You can’t ruin more peoples’ lives to make up for the ones you’ve already ruined! That’s not how it works!” Ignoring her, Sammy shouts, “So, you’re saying that she tried to kill Cammy, framed her… and then finally murdered her. All just to keep her job?!” “Wha- NO! Are you even listening to me? That’s the opposite of what I was saying!” “Seriously, Percy, you’re jumping to a lot of conclusions here!” Lita says, “Fine, she had a motive. I’ll give you that. But we already discussed the possibility of her being the murderer extensively and just wound up at a deadlock!” “Sure, we didn’t find anything conclusive…” Percy replies, “But I think we’ve at least found enough to make an arrest…” He smiles behind his 3DS and adds, “Right, Vesti?” The detective glares at Percy and shouts, “Of course not! Besides, Argenta isn’t even the only one with a motive!” “Oh, really?” Percy says, “And who would you be referring to?” “Well…” Vesti explains, “There’s someone who has a motive just as good as Argenta… and it’s even backed up with evidence from this notebook.” He points to Sammy’s notes and continues, “…And that perso-”

Image

Vesti stops and looks behind him towards the source of the voice. He sees Aura Gold herself running in from the hallway containing the elevators. Once she enters the lobby, she says, “Stop! Continuing this discussion would be inconclusive!” Argenta gasps and says, “A- Aura? What are you doing here?” “Yes, please explain yourself,” Percy mumbles, “We were having an interesting discussion… so I hope you had a good reason to interject…” “I certainly did…” Aura explains, “I happened to come across some evidence that may be related to this case… Evidence that I believe identifies the true culprit!” “What?!” Vesti shouts. Lauren, seemingly unfazed, asks, “…And where is this evidence?” “It should still be located in the first floor stairwell…” Aura explains. She points down the hallway she came from and continues, “Come with me, and I’ll take you there.” “Uh… Well…” Vesti says, “We should probably check this out… Let’s go!” “Sure, why not?” Percy says, “This investigation has already become such a mess that it’ll probably never be recovered. So sure, let’s all take a field trip to the stairwell!” Aura gives him a weird glance and says, “…I’ll just take that as a ‘yes.’” Then she turns and walks back down the hallway, everyone else quickly following her. Lauren and Vesti share a knowing glance before they, too, continue down the hallway.

Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016. Time: 5:20 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, 1F Stairwell.

The entire group arrives in the stairwell, only to realize slightly too late that it’s not really big enough to fit all of them. After a few seconds of everyone struggling to get somewhere with free space, Vesti takes a quick look around. The walls and steps are made of a dull gray metal, so there’s nothing really pleasing to the eye. There is one thing tucked directly under the stairs themselves that catches Vesti’s eye. Dustin seems to notice it too, shouting, “I- Is that… my janitorial cart?” Indeed, the janitorial cart that had been stolen earlier that day is right in front of them, looking unchanged. “Hmm… Interesting…” Vesti says, “This is definitely worth looking into…”

But before he can get to that, Lita barges in, almost swinging the door into Dustin. She shouts, “Hey, Vesti! Ann Istheesa showed up while you guys were leaving, and she brought those case files we wanted!” Vesti replies, “Oh, you mean the ones from five years ago?” “Yep, exactly!” Lita says, smiling. “Just ask me if you wanna see ‘em!” “Alright…” Vesti mumbles, “Those’ll definitely be worth checking out too…”

Investigation: 1F Stairwell
Examine:
Stairs, Janitorial Cart.
Talk:
Lita Gates
The Case Files
Move:
You ain’t gettin’ outta here, bucko.
Present:
To Lita Gates
What will you do?

Prestige: 85%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14147

Aww Argenta, just wanna hug you.

Let's see them old files then.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Check out the janitorial cart! I guess the thief knew there wouldn't be any cameras in the stairwells, so he/she brought it to the stairwell, knowing that no one would think about looking in there. Except Aura Gold.

And more importantly, talk about the case files!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Life's just one big ping pong ball, man.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4556

Poor Argenta :(

Hide my badge in the case files and present it to Lita, tricking her into seeing it.

Then look at the stairs and remember that fateful day when I tripped on some while rushing to get to work :(

Edit: what do you mean Alita Tiala isn't a character here
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Quote:
But before he can get to that, Argenta barges in, almost swinging the door into Dustin.


Guessing that should have said Lita?


Well, I'm sure those stairs are actually the most case-relevant thing of the bunch, so examine them, pronto!
Page 16 of 19 [ 737 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Doctor Nanjo, JesusMonroe and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO