Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 13[ 509 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 


Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASE 3)Topic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Welcome to Vesti and Lauren’s Interdimensional Investigations, a CYOA (or Choose Your Own Adventure) that is based on Ace Attorney Investigations gameplay wised. The story involves the main character Vesti Gates, a detective with an unfortunate name that I did not choose to give him, and his partner Lauren Tehra, a forensic detective who was spawned by my much less creative younger self. The two solve various mysteries and attempt to discover the truth.

The CYOA generally follows the rules of the games. During investigations, Vesti Gates can examine, talk, move, and present. At the end of each update will be a list of what you can examine in the area, who you can talk to (as well as a list of conversation subjects), where you can move to, and who you can present evidence to. However, you aren’t restricted by this list. You can do pretty much anything (including examining objects or talking about subjects that aren’t on the list) as long as it is reasonable. However, these subjects tend to be less plot-relevant and more likely to be ignored, especially if the action is something Vesti Gates as a character would be unlikely to do.

Of course, Vesti frequently enters Arguments with witnesses or other investigators. During these you can press statements for more information or present evidence when you see a contradiction. You will also have to answer more specific questions by presenting evidence or choosing a response from a short list. However, if you goof it up, you can lose Prestige. The Prestige starts at 100%, and if it drops to 0%, something bad happens maybe. I don’t actually know. We don’t need to worry about that though, since there’s no way the Prestige will every actually drop that low I hope. All the evidence you need for these sections (and profiles of witnesses and other important characters) is stored in the first post of each case. There will always be a link to this post at the bottom of the update.

Finally, the CYOA includes Revisualizations, which are just choosing from three options like in the games, and a new feature called Interrogations. During Interrogations, you choose between several questions to ask, then decide if any of the information provided is contradictory. When you present evidence at the correct questions, you gain Clues which you can connect to make deductions. Basically, it’s a weird combination of Logic Chess and the Logic feature.

Also of note: This CYOA is running simultaneously on two forums. There will be a spoilerbox at the top of each update where posts from people on the other forum can be viewed.

Spoiler: Case List
A list of each case, a link to the post they started on, and a short description of each case is shown below. Descriptions will not be added until the case has been going on for a sufficient amount of time.

Case 1: The Crooked Turnabout - Page 1
Vesti Gates himself discovers a dead officer in his own police station, and the evidence seems to implicate Lauren Tehra, his partner and closest friend. Knowing that she couldn’t have done it, he is forced to search for evidence to prove her innocence. On the way, he hears of numerous evidence thefts, most likely committed by someone within the station. It’s up to Vesti to identify the crooked investigator behind these events!

Case 2: The Super Turnabout - Page 4
A strange man with a name suspiciously similar to “Planetbox” transports Vesti and Lauren to another dimension. It isn’t long before the two of them discover that they have arrived in a world resembling the Super Mario Bros. series. However, things are quite different here. Mario has been murdered - shot to death with a fire flower and thrown out a castle window - and Luigi is set to go on trial for the killing. In order to return home, Vesti and Lauren will have to defend him, and find the true culprit. However, not everything is as it appears, everyone seems to have something to hide, and the evidence against Luigi is overwhelming.

Case 3: Turnabout Flatline - Page 9
Vesti's quick visit to the hospital is unexpectedly interrupted when a comotose patient is found stabbed in the chest. The one who discovered is a janitor Vesti is acquantanced with, and evidence at the crime scene seems to point to him being the culprit. To make matters worse, Vesti's investigation is hindered by a prosecutor with a deep hatred for criminals, Vesti's energetic sister, and the victim's mysterious past lurking constantly behind the scenes. This case may have the potential to change Vesti's life forever.

Case 4 - To Be Added, I hope.

Case 5 - To Be Added, but probably not for quite a while.


Spoiler: Case 1: The Crooked Turnabout - Case File
Evidence:
Police Badge
My trusty police badge! It has been polished until it shines!

Lauren's Call
Lauren recieved a call from the chief at 10:20 and returned to the Security Room at 10:30. However, the chief was not in his room, and the chief denied sending such a call. When she entered the room, the violin was already broken.

Bajj's Autopsy Report
Officer Bajj has two wounds, one on his forehead, and a second on his neck. He is lying face-down on the security room floor. The blow to the forehead was dealt first, and the neck wound was postmortem. A shard of wood was found in the victim's forehead. The victim died around 10:22.

Broken Monitor
The security monitor showing the Chief's room is broken. Glass shards lie inside the monitor. The shards are clean.

Two-Way Radio
A radio that everyone at the police department owns. The chief uses it to communicate directly to officers.

Bloodstained Book
Stained with the victim's blood. Has a single stain on the front cover.

Visit Sheet Stain
The security room sign-out sheet has a bloodstain on it. It has been identified as Lauren's blood. It apparently came from a cut on Lauren's wrist, which she claims she got from a kitchen accident.

Security Footage Deletion
All of the footage from the day and night of the crime were deleted. Anyone with a keycard could have deleted the footage.

Broken Violin
The bottom has been divided in half. It apparently broke at some point on the night of the crime. There is a large bloodstain at the point where the sides divided. The blood belongs to Officer Bajj. A piece of rubber is caught under the strings. Only bears Antonio Bridges' fingerprints.

Symphony Poster
A poster advertising a Strings symphony orchestra that Antonio Bridges appears to be a member of. Appears to meet at 10:20 on Fridays.

White Gloves
A pair of clear rubber gloves. Found in the wastebasket of the chief's office. Torn on the right thumb of the right hand. Originally a disposable glove from the Medical Room. Matches the rubber fragment found on the broken violin.

Evidence Room Thefts
Over the last few months evidence has been dissapearing from the evidence room. The police department has yet to find the culprit.

Luminol Testing Fluid
Fluid that can be used to detect bloodstains. Blood will glow blue under certain light.

Trolley Thing
A trolley used to transport the injured and corpses. Does not have any traces of the red paint.

Genetic Records
A cabinet containing genetic information on all employees. Lauren Tehra's records appear to contain less blood than the other drawers.

Evidence Carts
Carts used to carry evidence to and from the evidence room. Lucas Hall painted all of the carts red on the night of the crime, and finished at 9:40 PM. These carts are repainted twice a year. All of the carts have paint on the wheels, and one of the carts has blood in the basket.

Profiles:
Vesti Gates
Age: 30 // Gender: Male
That's me! An investigator, judging by the name. From what I can tell, my parent's named me after a visit with a fortune teller.

Lauren Tehra
Age: 29 // Gender: Female
My investigating partner. Well, she's actually better than me so I wouldn't consider her a partner, but whatever.

Officer Bajj
Age: Deceased // Gender: Male
The victim. A sixty year old police officer who remained in his position for forty years. Beaten to death in the security room.

Magnifi Glass
Age: 54 // Gender: Male
A veteran detective, in charge of this case. Extremely serious and focused, but not particularly expressive.

Antonio Bridges
Age: 57 // Gender: Male
The department's chief of police. A rather jovial music lover, especially regarding Strings instruments.

Ann Istheesa
Age: 46 // Gender: Female
The station's resident coroner. Doesn't seem to think highly of her job.

Lucas Hall
Age: 28 // Gender: Male
A rookie forensic investigator. Overly excitable.


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Case 1: The Crooked Turnabout

You walk down into the lobby of the police department. In your hands is an evidence cart. This object is similar in appearance to a shopping cart, though the basket is made of solid brown plastic. These carts are used by your station to transfer evidence, especially for large cases. Your cart is filled with evidence from your last case. This includes a bloody football helmet and key, a water bottle, several packets of a powdery substance, a side-view mirror, and a TV guide. You are currently taking these objects to be stored in the evidence room. You push your cart onwards, down the hall.

Your station is fairly small, so it isn't long before you reach the doors of the evidence room. To your left is the security office. The office is simply a corner of the room seperated off by a wooden counter, with one wall consisting of computers. The office is currently being manned by your friend, Lauren Tehra. You quickly greet her, "Hi, Lauren! Did they assign you to security duty again today?" She looks up from her book and notices your prescense. She replies, "Hello, Vesti. Yeah, this is the third time this week. Are you turning in the evidence from that case?" You respond, "Yeah. I finished writing up the file, so I decided I'd just go ahead and do it. I'll see you later." "Bye," Lauren says. You unlock the evidence room and go inside.

After about five minutes, the evidence is sorted into your locker. Moments before you leave, you hear glass breaking outside. Deciding that it's probably important, you close your locker and leave the evidence room. Outside, you discover that one of the monitors is smashed. Strangely, the security room is abandoned. "Lauren? Are you still here?" you call. When there is no response, you decide to check the security room. You lean against the counter to look over it, and gasp at what you see. A policeman from your department lies on the floor of the security room, with a large wound on his forehead. You sigh and mutter, "You've got to be kidding me."

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 8:00 AM Location: Police Department, Detention Center.

The next day, you enter the Detention Center at your police department. On the other side of the glass sits Lauren Tehra, looking extremely annoyed. She looks up when she hears you enter the room. "Hello, Vesti. I assume you got my message." "Yep," you reply, "Did you hear why they arrested you?" She explains, "Well, I was the person in the security room at the time of the crime. Not to mention the detective supposedly found decisive evidence. I'm surprised they didn't question you." "Well, I was kind of tired, so I convinced them to let it wait until today." "I don't think it really matters. The detective thinks he has enough evidence already." You smile proudly, and reply, "Well, I'll just have to start investigating myself, then. But first, can I ask you a few questions? I may need to know some info about the case first, if you don't mind." "Sure. It's not like I have anything better to do," she sighs.

EDIT: Also Vesti is a 30 year old guy and Lauren is a 29 year old girl I forgot to mention that lol.

Investigation: Detention Center
Examine:
Wall, Glass, Chair.
Talk:
Lauren Tehra
The Victim
Reason for Arrest
Your Alibi
Move:
No places available yet sorry
Present:
To Lauren Tehra
What will you do?

{{Maybe I should have planned this out a little more before I started it... Ah, whatever.}}
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Slam the glass panel and demand to know where Rachel is.


Talk about the victim!
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: Magical Quote Box of Magic
Spindow wrote:
Investigate the glass wall; Attempt to get Lauren hold her hand up to yours like in those cheesy melodramatic movies too since it isn't every day the opportunity arises to do so.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Can we only ask one thing at a time?
If so, ask for alibi.
If not, ask Lauren EVERYTHING.
Including favorite color. That's the most important one.

Then investigate the wall and the glass but not the chair. If you do that you'll find out it's wobbly and won't be able to concentrate.

Sable-Xeno wrote:
Present Lauren your police badge, say that you don't believe in her anymore, and use it to send her to THE DEATH DIMENSION

...Okay but seriously, at least show her your police badge.

Xano2323 wrote:
{{First part of action not applicable because I accidentally made poster mess up}}
...And ask her about the victim. I have to be useful in SOME way.

NiGHTcapD wrote:
Stare at Investigate Wall


Investigate: Glass

You look at the glass. The glass is clear allowing you to see into the detention center. Said detention center is a basic room with nothing but a chair, a desk, a bed, and a door leading to a small room with personal hygiene facilities. You lean against the glass like they do in those old movies that everybody hates but Lauren isn't interested in joining your silly charade. Instead, she explains, "That glass is bulletproof and very sturdy, so its pretty much impossible to break. I wouldn't recommend bringing in a shotgun from the evidence room to try to break the glass." (...She'll never let me live that one down...)

Investigate: Wall

You stare at the wall for about three minutes. "Vesti, what are you doing?" Lauren asks, confused. "I'm staring at this wall," you reply, "It's really interesting how many shades of beige there are." "I've been in here for an entire night and I'm afraid I haven't noticed that. Are you sure you're ok, Vesti?" "Uh... No," you reply, "Why don't we pretend that never happened."

Present: Police Badge

You pull out your Police Badge and show it to Lauren. "Not again... Vesti, could you stop showing that to me? I've seen it more times than I've seen my own hands." You shout, "Hey! It's not my fault! I'm just proud of my job!" "You're pretty gifted if you've remained that proud of your job for five years," she replies. "You're just jealous that I've retained my childlike wonder and you're just an old fart." She laughs, "Childlike doesn't even begin to describe it." Before Lauren can continue, you interrupt, "Let's just agree that I lost and move on. I have some questions to ask you."

Talk: EVERYTHING

You try to ask poor Lauren about everything, but fail to decide how to accurately phrase such a question.

Talk: Favorite Color

"What is your favorite color?" Lauren replies, "Can we please stay on topic for five seconds? And besides, you already know that my favorite color is brown. Why else would I have steaks of it in my hair?" "You have streaks of gray and black in your hair too!" "Ignoring the fact that black is clearly my natural hair color, is it really necessary to judge my cosmetic decisions while I'm under suspicion for murder?" (Maybe I should stop listening to those voices in my head.)

Talk: Your Alibi

"Where were you at the time of the crime?" Lauren explains, "I recieved a call from the Chief on my communicator at 11:20 that night. However, I went to his office, and he wasn't there. So I returned to the security room at 11:30 and found everyone surrounding the body. As you saw, I was arrested." "Wait, shouldn't that mean the chief could confirm your alibi?" you ask. Lauren looks to the side and continues, "Yes, that's what I thought as well... but the chief said he never called me in the first place, so my alibi is useless." "Interesting..." {Lauren's Call added to Evidence}

Talk: The Victim

"Did you recognize the victim? I didn't get a good look at him before the forensics arrived." "I did," she answers, "The victim was indeed one of our officers. A man by the name of Officer Bajj. I'm sure you know him." "He was the 60 years old police officer right?" "Yeah. And I believe he was beaten to death, but that's all I know." {Officer Bajj added to Profiles}

Lauren asks, "You're going to investigate this, right?" "Of course," you reply, "In fact I'm probably ready to visit the crime scene myself, assuming there's anything left." "The body has been taken away, but most of the evidence is still there. However, that other detective had taken over the investigation." "Alright. I'll try to get you out as soon as I can."

Investigation: Detention Center
Investigate:
Chair.
Talk:
Lauren Tehra
The Victim
Reason for Arrest
Your Alibi
Move:
Security Room
Present:
To Lauren Tehra
What will you do now?
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Declare to Lauren : "THE CHIEF IS OBVIOUSLY SUSPICIOUS BASED ON HIM MOVING YOU WITH THAT PHONE CALL THEN DENYING YOUR ALIBI! WE SHOULD ARREST HIM AND FIND THE EVIDENCE LATER!" *rub transcript of Laurens account of events against the window*
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: What's inside?! Quote surprise!!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Present what you are going to do now to Lauren.
... AND ask her for her reason for arrest and then go to the security room.

Sable-Xeno wrote:
...We had a chair in this room the entire time, AND we weren't sitting in in backwards?

Sit in the chair backwards. Examine it as you do so.

NiGHTcapD wrote:
Ask: Reason for arrest

Dimitri wrote:
Present your police badge to the chair, before punching it in the face back for being so wobbily. Then move to the security room.


Examine: Chair.

You examine the chair. While not particularly comfortable, this chair is rigid and flat, preventing it from rocking too much. This is good because you dislike wobbly chairs. You also attempt to sit backwards in your chair, but this chair is not compatible with backwards sitting, and you fall off of it in your effort to do so. Fortunately, Lauren chooses not to comment on this fact, saving me time and saving you dignity.

Present: Police Badge

You present your Police Badge to the chair. The chair is not interested in talking right now. You are so angry at being ignored, that you punch it so hard that one of the legs breaks. The chair is now wobbly. Good job!

Present: What You Are Going To Do: Lauren

You try to present an intangible object to Lauren. You fail, as you seem to lack reality-warping powers. Lauren asks, "Hey... Are you sure you're ok with taking this case? You seem a little worried." You respond, "I'm fine! Don't worry about me!" (Those voices in my head seem to have it in for me...)

Blame: Chief

You suddenly blame the police chief for every crime in the known universe. You ask Lauren to arrest him. Lauren replies, "You could be right Vesti, but I'm pretty sure it's against the law to arrest someone without evidence. Actually, I'm pretty sure that's against one of the human rights." You sigh. You proceed to wipe the bulletproof glass with Lauren's event transcript, and find your true calling as a window washer. Fortunately, a CYOA about window washing is one of the worst ideas I've ever had, so the event is simply retconned by the mighty Planetbox.

Talk: Reason for Arrest

"Why were you arrested?" you ask Lauren. She replies, "To be honest I'm not sure. Like I said, I was the one heading security that day, and the body was found in the security room, so it isn't a huge stretch to assume I did it. Not only that, my fingerprints were supposedly on the murder weapon, as well as my blood being at the scene. Not to mention my alibi is pretty much useless." "Well this will be fun..." you reply, "I'll try my best to get your name cleared though." "Don't worry Vesti. I'm sure you'll do fine."

Move: Security Room

You depart the Detention Center and stumble your way to the Security Room.

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 8:20 AM Location: Police Department, Security Room.

Once you arrive, you see that there are still forensic investigators examining the area. You open the counter door thing (I literally have no clue what those are called) and enter the room. There are various items on the counter, as well as a few things lying on the floor. On the wall next to the evidence room door is an array of security monitors. One of the security monitors is broken. On the floor is the body of Officer Bajj. He is lying face-down on the floor, but you can tell that he has a wound on his forehead. There is also blood around his neck, so there could be a wound in that area. A hardcover book lies next to him, with a single bloodstain. You recognize it as Lauren's.

The counter door thing behind you opens and slams shut. You turn around, and see a man has just entered. He is an old man, perhaps around his fifties. He is dressed in a typical business suit, and has neat grey hair. The old man glares at you muttering, "Hello Vesti. What might you be doing here? If you hadn't heard, this case has been assigned to me." The man is Magnifi Glass, a veteran detective, often regarded as the best in the department. You reply, "Detective Glass, if you hadn't heard, my friend has been arrested. Do you expect me to sit back and watch?" Magnifi crosses his arms and sternly replies, "I EXPECT you to sit back and leave this case to the veterans. Besides, you have a personal tie to this case, so you could easily forge evidence and alter the crime scene to get your friend off." You notice that the man tends to not show any emotions other than annoyance. "Do you honestly think I would do that? I've always used honest methods in my investigations. Besides, from what I've heard, you've already finished your investigation. If you really think I'll use your 'illegal methods', you can easily accompany me to insure I don't." Magnifi closes his eyes in thought for a second, before responding, "Fine, but hurry it up. I've already looked this place over, and I don't need to hear you repeating your theories to me." {Magnifi Glass added to Profiles.}

Investigation: Detention Center
Investigate:
Victim, Book, Visit Sheet, Monitors, Counter Door Thing, Victim's Pocket, Evidence Room Door.
Talk:
Magnifi Glass
Magnifi is not interested in talking right now.
Move:
Detention Center
Present:
To Magnifi Glass
Partner: Magnifi Glass
What will you do now?
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

(Love this XD)

Imagine uppercutting Magnifi violently through the ceiling and into space.




And then


Examine bloodstained book of Lauren's.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Check the victim's pockets. There might be a clue or two in there!

Then check the visit sheet.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Gender: Female

Location: ELO

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Posts: 126

Inspect the monitors.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: There's some stuff in here, I think.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Investigate the counter door thing. And the victim's pocket. And the actual door.
Present your police badge to Magnifi Glass, of course. That should get him to talk. Ask him his favorite color.

NiGHTcapD wrote:
Investigate: Book (not just by its cover though)
Investigate: Victim

Sable-Xeno wrote:
'I've always used honest methods in my investigations.'
...Right.

Investigate the Monitor and Visitor Sheet. As you do so, mutter 'mm-hmm' and 'I see' several times, purely to annoy Magnifi Glass.


Present: Police Badge: Magnifi Glass

You show Magnifi your amazing Police Badge. He is not amused. "Why are you showing me that? Are you trying to prove that you're really a detective?" "Of course not!" you reply, "I'm simply informing you of its prescence!" "Oh never mind. I understand," Magnifi explains, "You're just showing me your Police Badge to tell me that you did, in fact, get the necessary degrees from college. Thanks for showing it to me, for I would have been doubtful of that otherwise." (Wow, this guy's such a card.)

You briefly stop investigating to imagine uppercutting Magnifi straight through the roof and into the vacuum of space, where he will drift along for a while until he is unexpectedly hit in the face with Sputnik I. Unbeknownst to you, Magnifi is envisioning something quite similar (Also, this is perhaps one of the best actions I've gotten in any CYOA I've ever run. Either that, or it's a close tie with "Then go kill planetbox and pay yourself a bazillion dollars.")

Talk: Magnifi: Favorite Color

You try to ask Magnifi his favorite color, but he is still rather annoyed about the whole Police Badge fiasco (granted, this guy is annoyed all the time so it's not really anyone's fault). He simply replies, "Dark Gray," and ignores your further questions.

Investigate: Victim (now that I think about it, the prototype case called it "Examine" but whatever)

You take a look at the victim and turn him on his side. You can tell that he has two wounds, one on his forehead and one on his neck. The victim is wearing a police officer's uniform, and some blood has seeped into the collar. The victim is lying face-down in a pool of his blood. You recall that this is the position you saw him in. Those are the only wounds. Magnifi mumbles, "In case you're wondering, the blow to the forehead was caused before the blow to the neck. Our doctor confirmed that." {Crime Scene Notes added to Evidence}

Investigate: Counter Door Thing

You take a look at the counter door thing. It is a simple door that is the size of the counter itself, and held shut with a latch. It's small enough that it could simply be climbed over. Granted, so could the counter itself. All in all, it doesn't really have a purpose for existing. You turn to Magnifi, and ask, "Hey, do you know what this counter door thing is called?" "Of course you wouldn't know. I guess that kind of information is above your level of knowledge." "That doesn't answer my question. Do you know what it's called?" "Well... no..." he murmers, "but that doesn't excuse your lack of knowledge on the subject." "And what excuses your lack of knowledge? Is it your natural awesomeness? The fact that your name sounds like an investigation tool?" Magnifi groans and walks a few steps away. (I'm so glad we had that pleasant discussion.)

Investigate: Evidence Room Door

You leave the Security Room and take a quick look at the Evidence Room Door outside. It is steel, and supposedly bulletproof. The only way to unlock it is to use a keycard on the reader to its right. You go to the reader and take a quick look at the keycard reader. The only keycard used on the night of the murder was your own, so you doubt it has any importance in regards to the case. You climb over the counter and return to the crime scene.

Investigate: Monitors

You take a look at the security monitors. All of them are working correctly, except for one in the middle. It is broken, and glass shards have spilled into the monitor itself and along the floor. Other than that, the monitor is clean. You notice that the monitor would normally be showing the Chief's room. "Was this monitor broken before the incident?" you ask Magnifi. He rolls his eyes and replies, "Yeah, it randomly exploded last week, and we were far too lazy to fix it or order a new one. That sounds about right." (Why is this the first time I've noticed how confrontational this guy is?) {Broken Monitor added to Evidence}

Investigate: Victim's Pocket

You walk back to the body and look in his pockets. Officer Bajj has mostly normal stuff in the pockets of his uniform, such as a five-year old reciept and a wallet (Surprisingly empty. The money was probably confiscated as "evidence".) You also find a two-way radio. You recognize it, as you also have one. Everyone at the department has one with them at all times, and the chief can use his to call them if they are needed. This is probably what Lauren recieved her call on. {Two-Way Radio added to Evidence}

Investigate: Book

You take a look at the book. The dust jacket has been removed, but judging my some of the reviews inside, it appears to be a mystery novel. You close the book before Magnifi can accuse you of reading it and kick you out. The front cover has a somewhat large bloodstain in the top left corner. You ask Magnifi if the stain has been tested. He replies, "Of course it has. The blood matches Officer Bajj. It's pretty clear that this is the murder weapon, and the book only has Lauren's fingerprints on it." {Bloodstained Book added to Evidence}

Investigate: Visit Sheet

You walk over the counter and look at the Visit Sheet. This sheet is used to match the time that people signed in and out of the evidence room or security office. None of these records are particularly important, but the security room sign out sheet is notable for having a large bloodstain on the paper. Magnifi notices you looking at it and interjects, "Before you ask some annoying question, that bloodstain has already been tested. It is a match for Lauren Tehra, which places her at the crime scene. The coroner was able to make a quick examination of the crime scene while you were faffing about in the detention center." "You have quite the interesting vocabulary, Magnifi," you reply. "That's Mr. Glass to you," he interjects. "Sorry, but I refuse to call you that." {Visit Sheet Stain added to Evidence}

You finish investigating the room. There doesn't appear to be anything else of note at the crime scene, but you got a fairly large amount of evidence anyway. Suddenly, everyone's best friend Magnifi Glass starts shouting, "Alright! That's enough! We've done enough investigating of this area! I believe we've obtained enough evidence to prove that Lauren Tehra is our culprit. I'm leaving to write a report for the chief." Magnifi tries to leave but you step in front of him. "Wait a minute! Would you mind explaining your reasoning to me? I feel like a few things are off in the crime scene." "You've got to be kidding me. All the evidence is pointing to Lauren. Even an idiot could tell that she's the culprit." You smile, and reply, "Well then, why don't we just pretend that I'm an idiot so you can explain it to me? If it's so simple, then an explanation shouldn't take too much of your precious time!" Magnifi mumbles something under his breath, but soon continues, "Fine! Take your explanation and get out of here!"

Argument: Lauren Tehra's Obvious Guilt
Magnifi: Lauren was the only one stationed at the security room during the murder.
Magnifi: Her alibi couldn't be backed up by anyone present.
Magnifi: Not to mention her blood was found on the visit report.
Magnifi: The book, the murder weapon, only has Lauren's fingerprints on it.
Magnifi: Lauren dealt two wounds to Officer Bajj with the book.
Magnifi: She is clearly the culprit!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.
Evidence is on page 1

{{Cross-examinations work as you would expect. You can press a statement for more information, and then present evidence from the record in the first post when you find a contradiction! Just don't press all the statements for the extra dialogue. It just ends up as more work for me.}}
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Press Magnifi on the 3rd statement. (Best to get more information on how Lauren's blood got onto the visit report.)
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Gender: Female

Location: ELO

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Posts: 126

PRESS: Lauren was the only one stationed at the security room during the murder. (If she was the only one, what was the victim doing there? Why was she the only one?)
PRESENT: Her alibi couldn't be backed by anyone present. (Yes, she says she was called away by chief who says they didn't call her. And conveniently the monitor screen to chief's office is also broken. While it can't prove her alibi the fact it's broken is suspicious. The glass shards are inside so it was broken from outside. And the shards are clean so it was broken very recently) Object with the monitors.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Strike a pose and make a pun about Glass' arguments being transparent and frail like his namesake.

Then Press him on his last statement "The only thing CLEAR here is the pitifulness of your statement! How can you be so sure?"

*break down in Glass puns*
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: Quotes and Not Much Else!!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Press the last statement so Magnifi repeats himself over and over
Gish dangit I'm so bad at these.
Check the one on the visit report. Do we have a reason for her blood to be everywhere?

Xano2323 wrote:
Time for the World's Greatest Detective to step up.

...No, not that one.

Present Lauren's Call at Statement 2.

Whether it was the Chief, or someone pretending to be the Chief, somebody was there, and knew that Lauren was there too. The security camera could've been broken on purpose, to mask the fact that somebody might've been pretending to to be the chief (or calling from another room entirely).

Also, why can't we just look at the security footage at the time of the crime? (sorry for picking this case apart so fast)

Also, I'll answer that question later gosh.
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Press statement 3. Lauren appears to be uninjured, where did the blood come from?

Dimitri wrote:
Press statement 3. I find it strange that Lauren's blood would be on the visit report without her having a wound. And along that same line of reasoning, present the book. If it was used to beat the victim to death, it should have more blood than that. And if there's blood on the report, why not on the book?


Oh geez, this one's going to take a while... Interestingly, only one person got the specific answer I was looking for... Whatever that's not important LET'S GOOOOOOO-

Image

Press: Statement 3

"Excuse me, Magnifi. But I'd like to know, how exactly did Lauren's blood get on the visit report?" Magnifi glares at you and replies, "It fell on it. How else?" You say, "Don't be silly! Of course I know that! I am asking how Lauren could have bled if I didn't see any wounds on her body." Magnifi sighs, "Did Lauren really not tell you. She had a rather long cut across her arm and also onto her hand. However, her sleeve hides most of it, and it was probably bandaged by the time you got there." You shout, "I'm fairly certain I would have noticed something like that!" Magnifi interjects, "Well you didn't. Maybe she was hiding it, or perhaps you're just an idiot. Either way, you can ask her later if you really don't believe me. Moving on!" {Visit Sheet Stain updated in Evidence} Magnifi tries to continue, but you send him back in time and bug him again.

Press: Statement 1

Image

You ask, "Why was she the only one there?" Magnifi shakes his head, and explains, "She was stationed there for security duty! She would have been there for three hours. If you had been paying attentio-" "If that's the case..." you interrupt, "Then what was Officer Bajj doing there?" Magnifi appears to ponder the question, then answers, "To be honest, I'm not certian. Perhaps Lauren agreed to meet him there. Perhaps Bajj was simply turning in evidence. However, such an issue isn't important enough to halt the arrest. Officer Bajj is lying on the floor here right now, so he clearly got here somehow." You try to speak again but Magnifi continues on.

Press: Statement 6

Image

You give Magnifi a thumbs up and reply, "The only thing CLEAR here is the pitifulness of your statement! Your arguments are nothing but frail and fragmented statements! Dealing with them all is such a PANE! How can you be so sure?" As you continue breaking down into glass puns, Magnifi breaks down into tears. "Really?" Magnifi replies, "Do I really need to repeat my entire statement? If you insist, I'll say it again, but pay attention this time!" Magnifi starts over and you soon interrupt again.

Present: Broken Monitor/Lauren's Call: Statement 2

Image

You show him your info on Lauren's alibi. "Lauren has said that she recieved a call from the chief at the time of the crime! But the chief didn't back up her alibi! An-" Magnifi interrupts, "Not so fast! Before you go on some kind of tangent, you seem to be assuming Lauren wasn't just lying in a desperate attempt to get herself off the hook! If you committed a crime, isn't that what you'd do?!" You reply, "But wait! The monitor showing the Chief's office is broken! What if the real killer broke it to hide the fact that they made the call." The room is silent for a minute. Magnifi rubs his forehead with one hand, sighing. "Umm... Vesti... This may come as a surprise to you, but computers and monitors are... not the same thing..." "Wait, what?" "Even if a monitor is broken the security data can still be recovered from the hard drive itself." You scratch the back of your head, embarrased, and mumble, "Oh... right... wait a minute! That means we can recover the footage from the chief's office! Or even the security office itself!" Magnifi replies, "Nope. The footage got deleted. Everything from the 24 hours the crime took place in has been deleted, probably from the security room itself. And we can't recover it." "Really? Why didn't you tell me that earlier?" "No reason to at the time. Now, if that's all you'd like to say, I'll be on my-" "No! Not yet! There's still something fishy about your explanation!" Magnifi mumbles, "Fine. Moving on." {Security Footage Deletion added to Evidence}

Present: Bloodstained Book: Statement 5

Image

"Alright Magnifi," you begin, "You claim that Lauren dealt both of the victim's wounds with the book, correct?" "Of course," Magnifi replies. You continue, "But I see a problem with that statement, one that I'm surprised you didn't notice! If Lauren dealt two wounds with that book, then how come the book clearly only has one bloodstain!" Magnifi appears to look only mildly disgruntled rather than shocked. "If your explanation is correct, then shouldn't the book show two separate or overlapping bloodstains? Since there's only one, what happened to the other one?! Are you saying that Lauren dealt the second blow with her mind?!" Magnifi calmly replies, "Don't be ridiculous! There's a simple explanation. Your contradiction isn't as important as you hoped."

Testimony: A Simple Explanation
Magnifi: So it's true that the book didn't deal both of the wounds.
Magnifi: But it's possible that the second wound was dealt with another method.
Magnifi: For example, the broken monitor that you mentioned...
Magnifi: I believe that after Lauren hit the victim with the book, he was still alive.
Magnifi: So she grabbed Officer Bajj by the neck and slammed him into the computer monitor.
Magnifi: His neck wound was caused by the shards of shattered glass!
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Present Broken Monitor at Magnifi's 6th statement.

:objection:

"Magnifi, you clearly didn't do your homework right! If the monitor's shards are what caused the neck wound.... That would be true, but there is a problem here."

I presents the broken monitor.

"I'd like to direct your attention to the shards of the broken monitor. Now answer this question: Why didn't any of the shards have blood on them?"
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Internally reflect: What about the physical differences between the victim and accused? Is it really possible that she could overpower the guy to smash the monitor with him by the neck?

If so press statement 5 with this argument.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Gender: Female

Location: ELO

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Posts: 126

....Find out who all are able to delete the footage.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: What others have suggested!
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Present the Broken Monitor on statement 5. Shouldn't the shards inside be bloody, then?

OshaliteX2 wrote:
(Response to previous action) Yes, and then laugh that Magnifi had to correct himself.

Sable-Xeno wrote:
Anyways, like the others, present the broken monitor on statement 5. Magnifi said it was a BLOW, not a CUT. And he'd have to have his head smashed directly into the monitor for his neck to receive any wounds, and there aren't any head wounds besides the aforementioned book wound.

Dimitri wrote:
...Does this even need to be said? Present the Broken Monitor information. Those shards are clean, there's no way his neck was pierced by them, and along that same line of reasoning Lauren's wound can't have been caused by the glass either.

Come to think of it, shouldn't a cut that long that bleed that much have resulted in there being blood elsewhere in the crime scene, such as on the murder weapon or the victim's body?

Not really. If Lauren got stabbed but the weapon was left in, not much would have fallen out. The most blood comes out when a weapon is removed, so if the weapon was removed later by a doctor then there would be very little blood at the crime scene. Also, I didn't say the wound was particularly deep.

Yeah that one was supposed to be obvious. This is the first case after all.

Ask: Question

Before doing anything with the testimony, you ask Magnifi a question. "Who can delete or alter security footage?" Magnifi responds, "Shouldn't you know that by now?" You reply, "I may know the answer, but some people don't know the answer! I'm simply asking so they'll know." Magnifi is confused, but replies, "...I'll just pretend you didn't say that... Anyway, anyone who has a job at this police station has access to the security computers. This is because security duty is shared between everyone except the chief. So, if you have a keycard, and you can figure out how to use the computer, you can delete the footage. That means anyone could have deleted the footage, even if they weren't on security duty that day." {Security Footage Deletion updated in Evidence}

Press: Statement 5

Image

"Are you saying that Lauren could have overpowered Officer Bajj to smash his neck against the monitor?" Magnifi replies, "Well, Bajj was sixty to seventy years old. He was certainly fit, but he was old enough to have back and knee problems. Not to mention Lauren was possibly under the influence of adrenaline, or perhaps Bajj may have been holding back for some reason. Either way, I wouldn't consider it that much of a stretch." Magnifi Glass attempts to move on with his explanation, but you see an obvious contradiction and present some evidence.

Present: Broken Monitor: Statement 6

Image

You start laughing as loudly as possible and pointing at Magnifi's disgruntled face. "What now?" Magnifi groans. You explain, "It's just the fact that the detective who's called 'The Greatest Detective on the Force' has made such a blatantly obvious logical error." "What are you trying to imply with that statement?!" Magnifi shouts indignantly. "It's simple. You claim that Bajj's neck wound was dealt by the monitor. However..." you point towards the wall of monitors, and continue, "The shards of the broken monitor are all clean!" Magnifi's eye twitches involuntarily. You explain, "If one of the victim's wounds was dealt with the shards of glass, then logically, shouldn't the shards of glass actually have blood on them? Not to mention the victim's neck wound is clearly not a cut, and was instead caused by a blunt object. Magnifi, your logic is full of holes. This investigation isn't over yet!" Magnifi calmly takes a few deep breaths. He continues, "I'll admit, my logic has a few flaws. However, I would also like to point out that Lauren is still the main suspect in this case. You may continue investigating if you wish, but I doubt you will find anything. Our team has been investigating for several hours, and we haven't found anything new in-"

Suddenly, a forensic investigator runs behind the counter, shouting, "Detective Glass! We found something!" Magnifi sighs. He asks, "What is it now?" The man continues, "We found traces of something in the hallway! They appear to be wheel tracks of some kind! And they lead from here to the chief's office!" You reply, "...What?" The officer continues, "To be more specific, it's a trail of paint. The paint has been wiped up, but there were still traces left behind!" You turn back to Magnifi, and ask, "What were you saying earlier?" Magnifi pretends to not hear you. Suddenly, two police officers arrive with a stretcher. They lift up the body and take it off to the coroner's office. Magnifi says, "Alright Vesti. If you're so intent on investigating more, why don't you go do so. I'll be staying over here if you want to talk to me, but I'd prefer it if you didn't. Magnifi walks away. (Alright... Now that that's over with I can finally start investigating. I have a few options. I could go talk to Lauren again, or I could talk to the coroner, or I could check the Chief's office...)

Investigation: Detention Center
Examine:
Talk:
Magnifi Glass
Magnifi is not interested in talking right now.
Move:
Detention Center
Medical Room
Chief's Office
Lobby
Present:
To Magnifi Glass
What will you do now?
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Mutter about how I knew this would be the chief and how he is guilty of every crime under the sun once the connection to his office is revealed.

Then bust into the Chiefs office
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

It seems strange that traces of a trail were left behind. It might be possible that the Chief's office might be the true crime scene, but we don't know for sure. The trail seems to suggests that Officer Bajj was moved to the security office after he died.

Ask Magnifi: Would it be possible that Officer Bajj was murdered in a different location and then his body was moved to the security office?

Come to think of it, Lauren was called away from the security office at 10:20 and then she returned at 10:30. Which means that during the 10 minutes that Lauren was away from the security office, the killer moved Officer Bajj's body into the security office. So, Lauren was, in fact, lured away from the security office, because the killer didn't want her to see his face. It's possible the killer broke the monitor to alert anyone who are close by, and flee the security office before Vesti came to check out the source of what he heard.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Gender: Female

Location: ELO

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Posts: 126

Wonder aloud who would want to frame Lauren.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: ???
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Let's go talk to Lauren. See if she actually is injured like Glass said.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Yes. Tell Glass you're doing this just to bug him.

Xano2323 wrote:
Go check the chief's office.

Dimitri wrote:
We must go talk to the coroner and show them our badge. Obviously.


I usually say something witty and clever here but I can't think of anything. How sad.

Talk: Magnifi: Moving the Body

You turn to Magnifi and ask him another question, "Would it be possible for the killer to have moved the body from another location to the security room?" Magnifi looks rather disgruntled that you're still here. He answers, "I suppose that's a possibility. But you would need solid evidence to suggest that that's actually true. Also, I'm not sure why you're talking to me about this. You're still a detective yourself." You shout, "You have no proof of that!" The detective stares at you in confused silence. You decide to ignore his opinions.

You begin to wonder aloud about who could have a motivation to frame Lauren. By this I mean you start shouting all of your thoughts incredibly loudly, as close to Magnifi's ear as possible. He kicks you out of the security room. However, it is not a total loss. Among your recollections you decide that no one you were aware of had a motive against Lauren, especially considering she wasn't the one who died. However, anyone could have had a motive that simply isn't obvious without further investigation.

You begin considering where to go next. To determine this, we'll count up the votes. We have two votes to visit the Chief's office, two votes for the detention center room place, and one vote for the medical room. That's a two-way tie. Since I don't want to do a recount I'll just boot Vesti over to the Chief's Office anyway because why not.

Move: Chief's Office

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 9:10 AM Location: Police Department, Chief's Office.

You head down the hall freaking out about all of your suspicions being correct. Eventually you make your way inside. The chief's office is simply a room with a standard wooden desk. It also has a filing cabinet and other boring stuff like that. On the left wall hangs two violins and a viola and two cellos lean against the wall. One of the violins is broken and lying on the floor. On the right wall is another door. You take a few steps into the room when the aforementioned door opens loudly and a man walks in. He shouts, "It's Vesti! Good to see you! What brings you here?" The man stands in front of the doorway. Unlike Detective Glass, the chief wears a red plaid shirt and pants. He is perhaps somewhere in his early forties, and he has silver hair that looks faily normal except for a part of it that sweeps off the left side of his head and upwards, like a wing or a gust of wind. You reply, "I'm here to investigate the murder of Officer Bajj, Chief." The man responds, "Oh, please. Enough with your formalities! Just call me Antonio Bridges! As for the investigation, why are you even investigating here? Isn't the crime scene the security room?" You explain, "Of course Ch... Antonio, but we've found evidence that suggests that the body may have been moved from this office to the security room." "Ah, I understand," Chief Bridges replies, "Feel free to look around all you want! Just... please be careful with my instruments... I don't want another one broken." {Antonio Bridges added to Profiles}

Investigation: Chief's Office
Examine:
Instruments, Broken Violin, Desk, Filing Cabinet, Right Door, Documents, Poster.
Talk:
Antonio Bridges
Magnifi Glass
Officer Bajj
Chief
Instruments
Move:
Detention Center
Medical Room
Security Room
Lobby
Present:
To Antonio Bridges
What will you do now?
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Examine the broken violin, it might tell us how it broke.

Then examine the poster. Come to think of it, in the description of what the Chief's office look like, I didn't see a mention of this poster.

Then ask Antonio Bridges about Officer Bajj to see what he knows about the victim.

Then complain about Magnifi Glass and make terrible puns about glass while doing so. But seriously, ask him about Magnifi Glass.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Declare that I hope Antonio will help BRIDGE the gaps in our case.

Then ask him how the violin got broken.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Gender: Female

Location: ELO

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Posts: 126

Examine the Right door.

Talk about the instruments. Compliment a lot.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Spoiler: A journey of a thousand words starts with a couple quotes!
Sable-Xeno wrote:
Present Antonio your police Badge.

Then examine the broken violin, and ask Antonio why it's broken, and such.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
(Response to above) You forgot favorite color.

SockOutTheWindow wrote:
(Response to first quote) Also take a look at the left shark right door.

Dimitri wrote:
We must show Antonio Bridges our badge. This is clearly the important action.

Then talk to the broken violin, following its instructions to give Antonio a wedgie.


Everyone asks about the broken violin oh boy.

Examine: Poster

You take a look at the poster. It is a poster showing some kind of strings symphony. According to the list of performers Antonio was a member at some point. It doesn't seem to be particularly important. {{That poster wasn't in the original overview of the room because I just decided to add it to the end of the examine list when I was making that. If an item on the Examine list isn't mentioned in the room, then that's probably because it's not important.}}

Present: Police Badge: Antonio Bridges

You show Bridges the amazing wonder of nature that is your Police Badge. He says, "Your police badge? Why are you showing that to me? Are you turning it in?" "Of course not!" you shout, "Why would I resign from my job?" "How should I know! There are numerous reasons! You may have found a better offer, or had trouble with the other officers, or perhaps you got tired of me playing Mozart throughout the entire day! There are many reasons!" (I suppose at least one of those is applicable to my current situation...)

Talk: Antonio Bridges: Favorite Color

You ask Antonio, "What's your favorite color?" The chief appears to be deep in thought for a minute. Eventually, he replies, "Hmm... Probably orange. Maybe brown. What about you, Vesti? What's YOUR favorite color?" You reply, "Umm... Green, I guess..." "AHA! That must explain why you wear green all the time, right?" "Uh... Yeah..." (Briliant deduction, chief)

Examine: Right Door

You walk to the right door and open it. You look outside and ask, "Where does this door leave?" Bridges replies, "That's the practice range! You know, obstacle courses and firing ranges and stuff. You came out there a week ago, silly!" You sigh, "Oh... That's right. I suppose I did." Antonio happily continues, "Don't you remember? That was where you tripped on-" "Alright!" you interject, "That's enough of this discussion for now."

Talk: Antonio Bridges: Officer Bajj

You ask the chief, "What did you know about the victim?" He explains, "Officer Bajj? He was a really good officer. He was on the force for a long time. I even worked with him when I was still an officer. It's a shame that he passed away." You ask, "Do you know of anyone with a motive to kill him?" "Not really. Unless some police officer wanted more power in the police department, but that seems somewhat unlikely..."

Talk: Antonio Bridges: Magnifi Glass

You suddenly shout, "It's CLEAR to me that that detective Glass guy is BREAKING my mind! You need to FIRE him and stuff." Chief Bridges is knocked back by the force of your terrible puns, but somehow continues anyway. "Well, he may be somewhat of a jerk, but he's one of the best detectives on our force. He's solved many cases during his long career. If anyone can solve this incident, he can." You cross your arms in annoyance. Bridges continues, "You're a great detective too, Vesti! It's just that Magnifi Glass has more experience and-" You interrupt, "Alright let's just move on."

Examine: Broken Violin

You take a look at the violin. Everything above the fingerboard is alright, but the bottom is completely destroyed. Between the two C-bouts is a large gash separating the bottom and top of the violin from each other. All of the strings have snapped. In essence, the violin is now in two pieces. However, the top of the fingerboard, as well as the peg box and scroll, appear unharmed. The bridge of the violin has detached and is lying on the floor. You ask, "How did this violin get broken?" Magnifi says, "It's quite a shame isn't it? I was going to play a sad nocturne on my violin in its honor but then I remembered it was broken. I haven't used my other violin for a few months, so it's probably really out of tune. I guess I'll have to fix that at some point soon anyway." You reply, "That's a really sad story, but it doesn't answer my question." Antonio continues, "Oh, right! To be honest, I'm not sure how it broke. Yesterday night I briefly left the office, and when I came back that violin was broken! The most likely possibility is that the hook it was on broke and it simply fell, but I don't know for sure." {Broken Violin added to Evidence}

Investigation: Chief's Office
Examine:
Instruments, Desk, Filing Cabinet, Documents.
Talk:
Evidence Room
Antonio Bridges
Magnifi Glass
Officer Bajj
Instruments
Move:
Detention Center
Medical Room
Security Room
Lobby
Present:
To Antonio Bridges
What will you do now?

NOTE: I cut a few parts of actions out to shorten the length of this update. Don't be surprised if not all of your actions appear in the update.
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Ask Antonio: "You said that you left your office briefly last night... Around what time would that be? And what time did you return to your office?"

Examine the instruments. Best to get an idea of how the heck one of the violins ended up broken on the floor.

Talk about the instruments.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Recoil in shock that Magnifi knows how to play the violin before slapping him and telling him to stick to the script and stop stealing Antonio's bit

Request that we test the broken violin forensically to see if it was used in the murder at all.

Or if that option is taken

Ask Antonio elaborates more about him and Bajj's past while lamenting not getting to know my coworker better.


And if THAT option is taken.....

Regret choosing Green as a favourite colour when it is clearly Sky Blue. Then doubt that for a moment and curse myself for being so indecisive.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Gender: Female

Location: ELO

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Posts: 126

Go to grow mushrooms in the angst corner after trying and failing to make more puns.

THEN examine filing cabinet and documents. With chief's permission of course!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Pierre wrote:
Recoil in shock that Magnifi knows how to play the violin before slapping him and telling him to stick to the script and stop stealing Antonio's bit


I've written Magnifi so many times in the last few updates it's practically engraved in my mind now. Especially considering it's much easier to write then Antonio. Such are the woes of a CYOA writer.

Spoiler: I can't decide on a name for this box.
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Take the obviously unimportant poster. It might be important later!

Then examine and talk about the instruments.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
(Response to Above) Yesh.

Sable-Xeno wrote:
Examine the hook the violin was on to make sure it's really broken.

Then talk about the Evidence Room, as well as the man in charge himself, Antonio. Make sure to flatter him a lot.


You steal the poster and then laugh maniacally before stuffing it in your pocket. Whether or not it is used as evidence remains to be seen. Since I have little of the confrontation planned out, it could end up that way. {Symphony Poster added to Evidence}

You also try to change your favorite color but fail.

Examine: Instruments

You take a look at the instruments. The cellos are simply leaning against the wall. They have a thingy that prevents them from falling though. The viola and violins are simply hanging off of hooks by a string attached under the scroll. Sure enough, the string connected to the broken violin is snapped. Perhaps that's why it fell. Antonio starts shouting, "Ah so you've taken an interest to my instruments, have you?" "Um... Not really..." you reply, but Antonio doesn't listen. "Now that cello is one I used way back in sixth grade when I first began playing! I bought the others later. As for the viola, I've begun learning how to play it recently. I plan to learn to play a double bass as well some day." "That's very interesting," you interrupt before he can go on another tangent. "But I have another question. Would you allow me to forensically investigate that broken violin?" "Sure," he replies, "It's not playable now. But you would need some forensic equipment to do so, and you don't appear to have any. There's none here in the office either..." (Perhaps Lauren still has some equipment I could use.)

Examine: Filing Cabinet

You ask, "Could I examine your filing cabinet and some of those documents?" The chief replies, "Sure. I doubt you'd find anything of use though." You take a look at the filing cabinet. It is a fairly standard cabinet, but there is nothing of use inside. To the left of the filing cabinet is a wastebasket containing a pair of white gloves. You decide to take them because you can. {White Gloves added to Evidence}

Examine: Documents

You take a look at the documents on the desk. One in particular looks notable. You show it to Antonio. "What is this document about?" Antonio shouts, "Taking an interest in the police chief's work, I see! Perhaps you're hoping to be promoted to this position?" "I'm not, actually," you mumble, "Could you just answer the question?" "FINE!" The chief takes the paper and looks it over. "Ah, this paper...This is detailing some thefts in the evidence room." "Thefts?" "Yes. For about two months evidence from past cases has been disappearing from the Evidence Room. We're currently trying to figure out who's doing it, but due to the lack of security cameras in the evidence room, we're having problems." "Why aren't there security cameras in the evidence room?" you ask. Chief Bridges replies, "Because I keep forgetting to put them in the budget." (I'm not certain this man is qualified for his job.) {Evidence Room Thefts added to Evidence}

Talk: Antonio Bridges: Absence

"You said you left your office yesterday. When was this?" Antonio explains, "I left the office at around 10:20. I came back at around 10:30." "Why did you leave your office?" "I had to use the restroom." "That figures," you mumble.

Talk: Antonio Bridges: Antonio Bridges

"So how did you become the chief of police?" Antonio replies, "Well when the last chief retired, he hired me for the job. I was a detective back then, and I had already proven myself to be fairly capable. So I agreed." "Well, you are indeed faily capable." "Well the same could easily be said for you, Vesti! Besides, I'm not technically a detective anymore." "That may be true, but you must have been a fairly capable detective to reach this position." "Well of course. That's what I just said." "Oh, right," you mutter. The chief continues, "I'm beginning to question whether you really are that capable. Perhaps you should take that test again..." (Well, this conversation was a disaster.)

Investigation: Chief's Office
Examine:
Desk.
Talk:
Evidence Room
Antonio Bridges
Magnifi Glass
Officer Bajj
Instruments
Move:
Detention Center
Medical Room
Security Room
Lobby
Present:
To Antonio Bridges
What will you do now?
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Present Lauren's profile to Antonio


Or if that's taken

Present Bajj's profile and ask about their history
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Suggest that the killer's motive might be the evidence room thefts. Maybe the victim found out who was behind the thefts and that got him killed, right? But we need more evidence to support this claim, yeah?

Examine the desk. There might be some evidence waiting for us to find!

Talk about the evidence room. (I don't think we talked about it, yet the 'Evidence Room' topic is crossed out in the topics to talk about.)

Then move to detention center. Lauren got some explaining to do about the freaking wound on her arm!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Rioichi Cooper wrote:
Talk about the evidence room. (I don't think we talked about it, yet the 'Evidence Room' topic is crossed out in the topics to talk about.)


Whoops, I forgot to mention that! Occasionally examining something and talking about something will pretty much lead to the same result. If that happens I'll just cross out them both. The same thing can happen when you present evidence. In this case, talking to Antonio about the Evidence Room would have resulted in him bringing up the evidence thefts.

In this case, I decided that the examining the documents would result in him mentioning the thefts, then completely forgot about that and added the dialogue option for the same reason. This is what happens when you try to memorize the details to an entire case in your head.
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Oh no, a double post! What do I do! I'm gonna get kicked off the forum! This is terrible!

Spoiler: Q is for Quotes and Quail.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
First, name the box above the stuff "Planet".
*asplodes*

Go to detention and ask Lauren for some equipment that you could use. Then examine the deskadooble.

SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Examine da Desk and talk to da Tony.


You try to name the box above the stuff "Planet", but I have no idea what box the action is referring to, so you fail. :(

"Perhaps the killing had something to do with the thefts? And Officer Bajj found something that proved the theif's identity and then the killer silenced him?" Antonio appears to be deep in thought, and soon he replies, "That could be the case. Too bad we can't ask Officer Bajj right?" "Yeah I suppose that would make things easier..." Antonio laughs, "What if we had some kind of way to channel his spirit and ask him a bunch of questions? That would be really convenient!" You sigh, "Antonio, I'm afraid that imagining new and psysically impossible investigation methods isn't going to help much." The chief replies, "Don't be such a stick in the mud, Vesti! I'm just trying to lighten the mood!" (I don't think lightening the mood is really appropriate in this situation...)

Examine: Desk

You take a look at the desk. It is a normal desk. There's one of those name plate stick things on it with Antonio's name, as well as a few writing utensils. There appear to be numerous official documents on the desk, but upon closer examination it turns out that most of them are just pieces of sheet music. One corner of the desk has cleaning supplies and a rag on it. There doesn't appear to be much else of note.

Also, I apparently forgot to cross out Antonio Bridges's talk option in the last post but whatever. His name is also not written under "Talk" and italized. I'm clearly really good at this.

Present: Antonio Bridges: Lauren Tehra

You show Lauren Tehra's image to Antonio. He appears to become sad. "What a shame. She was such a good investigator. It's a shame that she had to commit murder like this." "You appear to be ignoring the fact Lauren Tehra's guilt hasn't even been proven yet." "Well she does appear to be the most likely suspect." "Just because she's the most 'likely suspect' doesn't mean she's guilty either!" Antonio suddenly begins playing the E string on one of his violins as loudly as possible, for no obvious reason. (My ears may hurt, but at least that conversation is over.)

Present: Antonio Bridges: Officer Bajj

You follow this up by shoving a picture of Officer Bajj into Antonio's face. "What was your history with the victim?" you ask. Antonio begins explaining, "Well, we both joined the force at the same time! In that time, we became friends, and eventually I moved up to the rank of detective, while he stayed as a police officer. Occasionally the two of use would work together on cases and- Wait, why am I telling you all this?" You mumble, "Umm... because I asked..." "This barely has anything to do the case! You're trying to distract me so you can steal one of my cellos, aren't you?" You sigh, "Um... no... Why would I-" "Be lucky I'm a merciful chief!" he interjects, "I'll let you off the hook for now. But if you try this again you'll be out of a job!" (I'm not sure how he expects me to sneak a cello out of that door in the first place...)

Move: Detention Center

You decide that you're tired of talking to the chief. You shout, "Alright that was fun see ya later BYEEEEEEE!" over your shoulder and then depart from the room. You turn left and head for the detention center.

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 9:50 AM Location: Police Department, Detention Center.

You find yourself back in the Detention Center. Lauren Tehra is currently sitting in a chair reading some kind of book. She looks up upon hearing the door open. "Hello again, Vesti! What brings you here?" "I managed to stall your arrest for a little longer, and I came back to ask you a few questions." "Well that's nice. What would you like to ask?"

Investigation: Detention Center
Examine:
The World.
Talk:
Lauren Tehra
Magnifi Glass
The Wound
Antonio Bridges
Forensic Supplies
Move:
Chief's Office
Medical Room
Security Room
Lobby
Present:
To Lauren Tehra
What will you do?
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Investigate....

THE WORLD
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Ask Lauren about the wound. We might get new information about how she got that wound.

Confirms that Lauren was telling the truth about the Chief not being in his office when she came. From 10:20 to 10:30, the Chief was using the restroom, which is why Lauren couldn't find him in his office. Speaking of which....

Ask Lauren about her visit to the Chief's office last night. Ask her if she noticed something strange (like something that shouldn't be there, or something out of place, you know what I mean) while in the Chief's office.

Ask Lauren if I can uses some of her forensic supplies. If she don't have any with her, ask where we can find them.

Oh, and ask her if she is aware of the evidence room thefts. Cause it have been going on for a while now, so I figures that everybody should know about it. (Even if not all of them are aware of it.) Present the 'Evidence Room Thefts' to prove what you're talking about.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

NOOOOO PIERRE'S AVATAR BROKE HOW COULD THIS HAPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Spoiler: The Land of the Quotes
SockOutTheWindow wrote:
Investigate the world, then talk about the wound and forensic supplies.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Do what Sock said, then ask about Magnifi and Antonio.

Xano2323 wrote:
Yeah, do what Sock said.

Dimitri wrote:
Talkees to Lauren about the wound and then be dissapoint at Dimitri continuously disappearing for weeks and then popping back in for two days of responding to one thing.


Examine: The World

You zoom into space and take a look at the world. It is mostly blue with a few multicolored landmasses scattered about. You immediately begin dying of outer space so you zoom back to Earth. You then examine the world up close, seeing many remarkable features and exciting scenes! You also see a bunch of annoying people. You also see a volcano, which you accidentally fly into. Since the CYOA can't really progress if the protagonist has been melted, that event is reset and the story continues as if it didn't happen.

You ask Lauren if her alibi is really true. She agrees that she really didn't see Antonio in the office, which makes sense due to information we already know.

Talk: Office Room Visit

You ask, "Did you notice anything important when you visited Antonio Bridge's office last night." She thinks and replies, "Hmm... Now that you mention it, I did notice something odd... When I arrived there I noticed that one of the violin's on the wall was lying on the floor, broken. I didn't really have time to examine it more closely though. I was going to tell Antonio about it today, but you can see how that turned out." {Lauren's Call updated in Evidence}

Talk: Lauren's Wound

"Do you actually have a wound on your arm?" Lauren sighs, "So they mentioned that, did they? Well, I was cutting some meat at home yesterday, when I goofed up and sliced my wrist. Granted, I can't really confirm that statement." You ask, "Can I see the wound?" She takes the white glove off of her right hand, and shows the wrist to you. Underneath it are two large bandages on the wrist and down the side. "I can't exactly show you the wound, because I'd bleed to death, which wouldn't really be efficient... but here's the bandage itself." {Visit Sheet Stain updated in Evidence}

Present: Lauren Tehra: Evidence Room Thefts

You try to shove the document regarding the thefts into Lauren's face, but fail. The paper simply slams into the window. Lauren looks at you past the sheet. "Is that the document on the thefts? I was told about that a lot when I was guarding the Evidence Room. I'm not sure why they bothered though. I doubt anyone would have tried to steal that evidence right in front a guard. They would surely steal the stuff when it's unguarded." "Do you have any information about these thefts?" "Not really," she replies, "I certainly didn't see anything."

Talk: Forensic Supplies

"Can I borrow some of your forensic supplies for the investigation?" Lauren smiles, and replies, "Sure!" She then reaches for her bag, but then remembers that her bag was confiscated. She sighs, "Nevermind. They confiscated everything. Maybe you can get some at... Oh wait! I almost forgot!" She reaches into the pocket of her coat and pulls out a bottle of a blue liquid. She hands it to you. "The police didn't check this coat, for some reason. To be honest, I have no clue what they were doing. Anyway, all I have is that bottle of Luminol, but it should be enough for now." You take the bottle and reply, "Thanks!" "Don't mention it! But do be careful with that stuff. It stains clothes." "...Does it really stain clothes?" "I've never tested that actually. But your clothes will be stained one way or another if I find out you've broken it." (I'm glad to have such nice friends.) {Luminol Testing Fluid added to Evidence} {{This bottle can be sprayed at anything (and anyone, of course) in a room at anytime. Simply specify what you are spraying with it to use it.}}

Investigation: Detention Center
Examine:
This room is as barren as a deserted desert!
Talk:
Lauren Tehra
Magnifi Glass
The Wound
Antonio Bridges
Forensic Supplies
Move:
Chief's Office
Medical Room
Security Room
Lobby
Present:
To Lauren Tehra
Spray: Luminol
What will you do?
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Talk about Antonio Bridges and Magnifi Glass.

Doubts that Antonio Bridges is the killer. Clearly, our killer made the case more complicated. If we clears Lauren's name, then it would results in the arrest of Antonio Bridges. If Antonio Bridges didn't kill Officer Bajj, then who did?

Suggests that the thief might be able to sneak the evidence out of the Evidence Room if they hid the evidence on their person, underneath their clothes. That way, nobody would notice the evidence was stolen until it was too late. Look like we're dealing with a clever thief.

Then move to the Medical Room. I figures that the autopsy report would be finished by now.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14044

Quote:
NOOOOO PIERRE'S AVATAR BROKE HOW COULD THIS HAPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEN


D-did it? Looks OK to me... Might be due a change though.

Quote:
Doubts that Antonio Bridges is the killer.


Double doubt myself and contemplate Antonio as the killer again. There's nothing to say that clearing Laurens name automatically would convict him while we don't have a case against him.


Then Use Luminol on EVERYTHING (including maybe Lauren if she consents)
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 255

Oh, almost forgot to put this in my post. It completely slipped my mind. This action is before we leave for the Medical Room.

Ask Lauren if she remembers spilling some of her blood on the visit sheet last night. If she accidently cuts herself, she would treats her wound right away. If her wound was bandaged by the time we arrives to put the evidence away in the Evidence Room, then she wouldn't spill some of her blood on the visit sheet, right? If she didn't spill blood on the visit sheet, then it have to be planted by the killer.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYTopic%20Title
User avatar

AH'M SIKED FOR F2!!1

Gender: Male

Location: A place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 365

Pierre wrote:
Quote:
NOOOOO PIERRE'S AVATAR BROKE HOW COULD THIS HAPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEN


D-did it? Looks OK to me... Might be due a change though.


My computer must have been acting weird or something, because your avatar and signature was replaced with the broken image thing when I wrote that post. It appears to be fixed now though...

Also my AC Adapter is being stupid help.

Spoiler: When life gives you quotes, pretend you know who said them.
Asphoxia wrote:
Ask Lauren about Antonio Bridges.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Ooooooooh, Luminol...
go back to Magnifi and spray him with it.
Then spray the book-weapon-doodily and the smeshed violin after you're done chatting with Lauren.

Sable-Xeno wrote:
I think I speak for everyone here when I say to spray Lauren with the Luminol.

And also present her your police badge...

I GOT IT.

FUSE YOUR POLICE BADGE WITH THE LUMINOL

SPRAY EVERYONE WITH COPIES OF YOUR POLICE BADGE

Or turn your Police Badge into Luminol, I guess


You try to combine your Police Badge and Luminol together, but fail. After all, have YOU ever tried combining a liquid with a solid sturdy object? Vesti Gates isn't an alchemist, silly! I'd say we're off to a great start here!

Present: Police Badge

You reach for your police badge. "Stop it, please," Lauren says. You put your police badge away.

Spray: Lauren: Luminol Testing Fluid

You spray Lauren with the Luminol Testing Fluid. Sadly, this fails. After all, you and your friend are separated by a wall of bulletproof glass. Don't ask me how Lauren got the Luminol to you in these circumstances, because I don't know. Maybe there's a hatch or something. Anyway, the Luminol just gets all over the glass. Lauren sighs, "Vesti, could you please not waste my Luminol. That stuff is expensive, you know." You reply, "This price tag says $9.99 on it." Lauren hesitates before responding, "Uh... that price tag was forged." (Does that mean this Luminol is an illegal good? Maybe Lauren is guilty after all...)

Spray: Everything

You try to spray everything you can reach. You spray the chair, then the wall, then the door, before Lauren says, "Vesti, I don't need to get arrested for murder a second time. Please stop wasting my Luminol." You decide that it might be a good idea to stop.

Present: Lauren Tehra: Visit Sheet Stain

"Do you recall spilling your blood on that Visit Sheet in the Security Office?" Lauren replies, "Of course not. The wound was pretty much fine by the time I got to the security room. Granted, it's not like it really matters, considering there's no real way to prove that. Not to mention we don't really know how my blood could have gotten on the visit sheet otherwise." (She's right... I'll have to look for something like that during my investigation...)

Talk: Antonio Bridges

"So what's your opinion on Chief Bridges?" Lauren replies, "I don't know. He's ok, I guess. It would help if he would stop playing sad cello songs every time I reported a crime." "If you have problems with him, shouldn't you report them?" "Normally I'd do that, but every time I file a complaint he starts playing Vivaldi songs about four octaves too high." "That's weird. He hasn't been doing stuff like that to me." Lauren chuckles, "Perhaps it was because I asked him if the guitar was a string instrument." "Yeah, that would probably do it."

Talk: Magnifi Glass

"What do you think of Magnifi Glass, the other detective?" Lauren grumbles, "He's kind of a jerk." You reply, "I'd say that pretty much sums up his personality." She laughs, and continues, "I suppose he is a fairly competent detective, for what it's worth. Granted, I suppose my opinion is somewhat affected by the fact that he arrested me a few hours ago." (I'd say her opinion is still pretty accurate...)

Spray: Luminol: Bloodstained Book

You spray the Bloodstained Book with the Luminol. There is a reaction, of course. It reacts to the single large bloodstain, and a few small specks that were probably too faint to be registered. Either way, you don't see much of importance in these readings.

Move: Manager's Office

You decide that you should probably examine that violin now that you finally have the equipment you need. So you head back to Antonio's office. When you get there you discover that there's no one in the room at the moment, but the door is unlocked. You decide to just check the violin now instead of waiting for Antonio to get back.

Spray: Luminol: Broken Violin

You pick up the two pieces of the violin and put them on the desk. Taking out the Luminol, you spray it on both sides of the broken violin, wait a few seconds, and then shine the light thing on the violin. To your shock, the Luminol reacts to both sides of the violin, showing that there was a rather large bloodstain at the point where the violin broke. You let out a loud gasp for dramatic effect. However, you do not yet know whose blood is on the violin, and you don't currently have the means to test that. {Broken Violin updated in Evidence}

Move: Medical Room

You decide to head to the Medical Room. The victim's autopsy report has probably been completed by now, and so that could be helpful in your attempts to not fail. The room could also have some importance to the crime, so you leave the Chief's Office and head down the hall, and go right to the Medical Room.

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 10:40 AM Location: Police Department, Medical Room.

You enter the Medical Room. As you would expect, the room is mostly white, with a tiled floor. There are three hospital beds on the room's right side, and a counter stretches across the other three walls. The counter contains many cupboards and is topped by several objects. There is some kind of cabinet on the far wall, with a bunch of drawers with staff member's names on them. You can see Officer Bajj's body on some kind of trolley thing. Examining it is a middle-aged woman in white clothes and with relatively short blond hair. She turns away from the corpse when you enter the room, and she glares at you. "So, I assume you're here for the Autopsy Report?" "Well... uh... yeah, I suppose so." "That figures. You're the fifth person who's asked for the autopsy report today. It's not like I do anything else. No, I'm the coroner, so I just pump out autopsy report's at the detective's leisure. I suppose if these officers get injured in a street fight, I'm supposed to make an autopsy report before I operate on them, right?" (Between her and Magnifi, this station sets the bar for company pride.) "Alright, Ann Istheesa, I've heard your sad life story plenty of times. Can we just move on with the investigation?" She grumbles, "Alright fine. The report is over on the counter. You can go check it out. I'm tired of performing surgery on this guy." {Ann Istheesa added to Profiles}

Investigation: Medical Room
Examine:
Autopsy Report, Officer Bajj, Counter, Cabinet, Trolley Thing, Door.
Talk:
Ann Istheesa
Coroner
Officer Bajj
Autopsy Report
Medical Room
Move:
Chief's Office
Detention Center
Security Room
Lobby
Present:
To Ann Istheesa
Spray: Luminol
What will you do?

{{Gosh guys why'd you make me write such a long update.}}
Maybe I'll put something here someday. You never know...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, rather in their own dimension or otherwise.


Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Page 1 of 13 [ 509 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Hanzo Shimada and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO