Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 6 of 19[ 741 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next
 


Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

The contradiction ain't as obvious to me sadly.

Not so long as those curtains are different.

Instead I'll have a horrific revelation as the possibility formulates that Toadette killed Mario. Then I'll shake my head and eye Toadette warily before pressing Peach about where exactly Mario was.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Presents Peach's Window at Statement 3.

Actually, Peach, your window couldn't be opened.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: I wonder what will happen next!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Peach's Window at 3. Blergh.


Press: Statement 6

Image

Vesti asks, "Where exactly WAS Mario?" Peach replies, "Well... I guess I wasn't being too specific... but he was in his room when the kidnapping happened." Lauren asks, "Was Mario aware that you were being kidnapped?" Peach replied, "Well, yeah. I was kind of freaking out about it." Vesti reflects, "So, if he was in his room, and then kidnapping happened on your balcony... I guess it would make sense if Mario didn't arrive in time..." Peach shouts, "Of course it would make sense! That's exactly what happened!" Vesti and Lauren both seem unconvinced. Toadsworth interjects, "If the defense has no objections, you may continue your testimony, princess..."

Present: Peach's Window: Statement 3

Image

Vesti shouts, "Actually, I'm not sure that's what happened after all..." Peach asks, "What! Why?" Vesti explains, "Well, there's a contradiction here that's very obvious. In fact, I'm not sure how people missed this..." Peach replies, "Well, get on with it! What is this so-called contradiction!" Vesti answers, "It's simple. How could you have opened the window, if the window in your room doesn't open!" Peach recoils in shock, and her parasol is sent flying behind her. Toadsworth interjects, "Was it really impossible to open the window in her room?" Lauren replies, "Of course. The only window in her room was the large stained glass one. Due to the windows design, there were no latches or hinges that could have allowed it to be opened! There wasn't even a balcony in front of it! When you actually stop to think about, the princess's story makes absolutely no sense!" Peach stammers, "W-Well... maybe he just broke a h-hole in the w-window and grabbed me!" Toadette shouts, "Yeah! And maybe the window is made of magical glass that reforms itself a minute after it's broken!" Peach appears to be sweating, and struggling to come up with a response. "Well... Umm... You see..."

Image

Wario asks, "Alright, so the princess's window can't be opened. That's great. But what difference does it make? She was still kidnapped!" Vesti replies, "Of course she was! But, if she couldn't have been kidnapped in her room, then where did the incident actually takes place. If we figure out which room it was, I'm sure we will find out the truth behind this case!" Wario shouts, "Fine. If you know which room she was actually kidnapped from, then go ahead and tell us. I don't see how it would make a difference, but if we'll find your stupid truth, then by all means, go on ahead."

What evidence shows where the kidnapping really took place?
PRESENT TWO pieces of evidence.

Prestige: 100%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Uh.... Presents the File of Photos and Mario's Curtains. I think that's the right combination.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Wheeheehee
OshaliteX2 wrote:
File of Photos and the curtains that happen to have been belonging to Mario because they are MARIO'S CURTAINS!!1!

Treble Tech wrote:
Present Mario's Curtains and the File of Photos!


Present: File of Photos/Mario's Curtains

Image

Vesti begins, "Proving that is actually fairly simple. We just need to take a look at these photographs." He holds up the envelope containing the photos of the kidnapping. "If you were to closely examine this photo, you'd notice something faitly interesting. Specifically, the curtains on the window. They are a very bright shade of red. And what other room on Peach's floor has bright red curtains. The answer is Mario's room." Wario objects, "Don't be ridiculous. Mario's tacky curtains have white stripes on them. The ones in that picture are just a plain red." Vesti explains, "Just because you can't see the striped doesn't mean they aren't there! Think about it, Wario. What direction are the striped going in?" Wario answers, "Umm... They're vertical..." Vesti exclaims, "Exactly! Which is why we can't see them. When the curtains are open, they fold vertically to take up less space. When that happens, we can't see the striped, as they are on the inside of the folds!" Wario mutters, "Oh... Right..." All of the court's Gallery start talking amongst themselves about this development.

Toadsworth slams down his gavel to quiet the audience. Toadsworth explains, "Alright... In my opinion, you have sufficiently proven that the kidnapping took place in Mario's room... But what difference does that make?" Vesti explains, "Actually, it makes all the difference, because according to the princess herself, Mario was in his room when she was kidnapped then..." Toadsworth interjects, "Then... why didn't Mario do anything?" Vesti responds, "Exactly. So, Princess, do you think you could answer this question for us." Peach replies, "What?! Uh... He didn't notice?" Toadworth responds, "Are you sure? That seems like something too important for him to 'not notice'." Vesti interjects, "No, I don't need to trouble her with this. I think I can answer for her." Wario replies, "Alright, if you're so sure of yourself..."

"Why didn't Mario try to stop the kidnapping?"
Pick a response:

1. He wasn't paying attention.

2. He was working with the kidnapper.

3. He was in another room.

4. He was too lazy.

5. He was kidnapped too.

Prestige: 100%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Well, from what we know...

- Mario wasn't kidnapped. Peach was the only one who was kidnapped.
- Mario was paying attention due to the fact that Peach was freaking out when she was being kidnapped. There's no way that Mario wouldn't be paying attention.
- I doubt Mario was in another room. The only room close to Mario's room is Peach's room. And I believes that both the windows in Mario's room and Peach's room are facing the same direction. So, Mario couldn't see Bowser kidnaps Peach if Mario was in Peach's room.
- Mario isn't being lazy. From what I noted, he is full of energy and always ready to do anything.

So, pick number 2.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Makes sense to me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: What a shocking revelation.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
We're sorry Princess, but your Mario was in another room.
If that's wrong than RIP ME AGAIN~

Actually I bet it was 4.


Why did you have to get this right I don't feel like updating today geeez

Answer 3

Vesti reflects, "Hmm... Perhaps, Mario didn't respond because he was in a different room. He might not have been able to make it there in time!" Wario responds, "Really? And which room would he have been in?" Vesti explains, "Well, Peach's room is the only one where he still could have heard the kidnapping. If he was in a room farther away, he probably wouldn't have known that the kidnapping even happened!" Wario replies, "OK, cool, thanks. That doesn't actually change anything about the kidnapping though, as the princess's testimony stays pretty much the same. So, can we return to the actual crime now?" Vesti shouts, "What? No! Uhh... I take back what I just said! Let me try again!" Toadsworth interjects, "Alright... If you do retract that statement, I'll give you another chance... but you must still face the consequences of wasting the court's time. Vesti's prestige decreases by 5%. Vesti reflects, (The princess is clearly trying to hide something... and there's no reason for her to try so hard to hide something that doesn't make any real difference... There must be an explanation for this, I just know it!)

Answer 2

Vesti shouts, "I think I've figured this out! I know why Mario didn't try to stop Bowser!" Wario replies, "You do? Oh boy. I can't wait to find out what the big secret is." Vesti explains, "You see, this whole time, we were assuming that Bowser was acting alone during this kidnapping... but I don't think he actually was!" Toadsworth says, "Wait... are you saying..." Vesti continues, "Yes I am. Mario didn't try to help Peach because he was part of the kidnapping himself!" Toadsworth responds, "You can't be serious! That's insane!" Lauren explains, "I will agree that it is a pretty shocking idea, but when you think about it, that's the only possible explanation. If the princess was being kidnapped in a room Mario was standing in, then it would be completely illogical for him to simply watch it happen. However, if he was working with Bowser to kidnap the princess, then of course he wouldn't have tried to help her. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he invited the princess to her room in order to have her captured." Wario slams his hand on the desk and responds, "Then why would he bother rescuing her. What did he have a sudden change of heart?" Vesti replies, "Actually, that can be easily explained!"

"This is why Mario rescued the princess!"
Pick a response:

1. Mario wasn't really the one who rescued Peach.

2. Mario had a sudden change of heart.

3. Mario wanted the publicity the rescue would give him.

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Wow. I kept picking the correct answers! Anyway, at first, I wanted to believe that Mario and Bowser are enemies and that there's no way that they could be working together. But after some thinking and using logic, I knew that HAVE to be the right answer.

Anyway, pick number 3! That way, Mario will get all the glory of being a hero!
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

3 Does stand out....but why would Mario need the publicity? Also why discuss it with Luigi?

I'm going for option 1.

Also take a moment to admire Wario's thick powerful biceps...really they are pretty impressive.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title

Avatar? I'm not even a bender!

Gender: None specified

Location: Probably not here

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:39 am

Posts: 27

Do I need to sign up or something before I can post here? If not, I also vote for option 3.
Not before presenting the police badge to Wario, that is.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

2Edgey4Mia wrote:
Do I need to sign up or something before I can post here? If not, I also vote for option 3.
Not before presenting the police badge to Wario, that is.


Welcome! No, you do not need to sign-up before posting here! Anyone can submit actions at any time.

Spoiler: I keep running out of ideas for these pre-update quips.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
(RIP MEEEEE)
Number 1?
Actually... 2. The reason Mario had a sudden change of heart is probably because he had a sudden change of heart (why am I writing this when I should be asleep?).


Present: Police Badge

Vesti pulls out his Police Badge, and shows it to Wario. He says, "Hey, look at this! This is my poli- I mean, Attorney's Badge? Isn't it cool?" Wario lets out a deep sigh, and replies, "That's cool, I guess. But it has nothing to do with the question I asked you! ...Also, I really don't give a-" Toadsworth slams his gavel on the podium, and interjects, "I have half a mind to give the defense a penalty for this, but I find their behavior to bizarre to warrant with such a thing. So, I must remind you... Vesti, you need to focus on the question at hand, rather than showing off your badge! If you wish to show it to the prosecution, you must do so after the trial." Wario mutters, "Though I'd honestly prefer that you didn't..." Vesti replies, "Alright. Just give me a second, and I'll answer." Lauren advises, "Remember, Vesti, this trial is a serious affair. It would likely help our case for you to tone down your usual antics." Vesti remarks, "Alright, alright, I will! At least let me answer the question!"

Option 1

Finally, Vesti comes to a decision. He explains, "Why would Mario have bothered to rescue the princess, you ask? Well, the answer is simple. ...He didn't." Wario slams his hand on the desk again. He shouts, "What! Don't be insane! This trial has turned into a total farce! What are you going to do next, suggest that Mario isn't actually dead?" Vesti happilly replies, "Nah, I wouldn't go that far! However, when you think about it, it makes sense! If Mario kidnapped Peach, there would really be no reason for him to change his mind and go to rescue him. I think it's far more likely that Luigi rescued her! After all, the only one who saw the rescue happen was the princess herself!" The princess interjects, "Don't be ridiculous! I'm perfectly capable of figuring out who rescued me!" Wario continues, "Exactly! If your stupid theory was correct, then why did Mario recieve credit for the kidnapping! The princess may be a lot of things, but she's not an idiot!" Vesti hesitates for a second, and responds, "Hmm... Maybe you're right. Let me think about this a little more..." But before Vesti can begin considering his options again, a voice from his right interrupts his thoughts. "Don't give up yet!" Toadette exclaims, "I'm sure there's an explanation! Just think over your evidence! I'm sure there's something!" Hearing this, Vesti reflects, (My evidence... But pretty much everything has already been explained... Wait, there is one thing that hasn't been explained yet!) Vesti shouts, "Wait! I've figured it out! I know why Mario recieved credit, and I know that it will completely change what we thought we knew about this case!" Peach glares at the defense bench and replies, "Do you really? ...I'd recommend you think very carefully about what you say next." Toadsworth explains, "The princess is right. We've gotten very off-track. If your answer doesn't lead anywhere, I may have to increase the penalty." Vesti replies, "I understand that! However, I am still prepared to answer."

This is why Mario was credited for the rescue!
Pick a response (last time I swear):

1. Mario isn't actually dead.

2. Peach is actually color-blind.

3. Mario was blackmailing Princess Peach.

4. Peach was also a part of the kidnapping.

5. Luigi didn't want any publicity.

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973

{{It was actually supposed to be Option 3, but now that I think about it, Option 1 makes more sense. It literally came up with that option while writing that update, and I've decided I'm gonna go with that one now. Hopefully it won't lead to any plot holes.}}
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Well, the only piece of evidence that we haven't fully explained its importance to this case is..... The Mysterious Letter.

Hmmm... Maybe we should consult with Lauren and Toadette and get their opinion about the Mysterious Letter. Also, take a closer look at the letter. How is the letter written? Is it neatly written, or sloppy written?
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Take a moment to strike a celebratory pose for causing the re-writing of the plot. Here's hoping it still works.

I declare Peach also part of the kidnapping.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Yeah, things got kind of messy so I didn't really have time to update this. I'll just make a sort of smaller update today, and then do another one on Saturday.

Spoiler: I am also doing this because I'm lazy.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Uh... 1? 4??

Spindow wrote:
Peachy did it too. Option 4.

Bribed into staging your own kidnapping. For shame. Hopefully she won't execute us for saying this.


By the way, the letter is written fairly neatly.

Option 4

Vesti explains, "I think I'll just get this out of the way as soon as possible. The truth is, Princess Peach herself played a role in the kidnapping too!" Understandably, everyone in the court is shocked by this accusation. The courtroom is filled with a lot of conversation, as everyone in the Gallery discusses this development. Toadsworth tries to quiet the audience by slamming down his gavel, but is unsuccessful. However, Wario easily quiets them by angrily slamming his fist against the prosecutor's bench. He shouts, "This is completely ridiculous! Unless you provide actual proof for this conjecture, I refuse to hear any more of it!" Peach continues, "Exactly! I have a schedule to keep! If you don't have any evidence, you might as well just stop talking now." Vesti replies, "Don't worry! I do have the proof you require!" (There's one piece of evidence that I didn't know the meaning of... Until now. I just need to present that evidence...)

This proves that the princess was part of the kidnapping!
PRESENT evidence.

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Presents the Mysterious Letter.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Sigh and hope that actual lawyers don't have to bluff and shamble their way through proceedings like this.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: This update was longer but then I shoehorned in another question.
[quote="OshaliteX2"]Toad Guard's Testimony?
Herp a depr wow I can't even spell derp right


Vesti is silently thankful that the court system in his dimension isn't close to being this messed up.

Present: Mysterious Letter

Image

Vesti begins, "The evidence I am talking about... is this enveloped letter!" Vesti holds up the letter to show it to the court. Wario glares at it. "Is that... the evidence you received from that Toad Guard?" Vesti replies, "It certainly is! And I firmly believe that this envelope contains a letter the kidnapper sent to Mario and Bowser. And most importantly, it will reveal the idenity of the one who organized the kidnapping." The gallery begins discussing this bizarre development. Toadsworth slams down his gavel to quiet them. He continues, "Well, what are you waiting for! Read this incriminating letter at once!"

Vesti opens the envelope and pulls out the piece of paper inside. Unfolding it, he begins reading, "'Our plan will soon come to fruition! The two of you should be prepared to accomplish your tasks. After we have executed the plot, I will make sure that both of you receive your rewards!' It is fairly obvious what this part means... What is most important, is the signature. It reads, 'From, T!' And what does this 'T' stand for? I think the answer is obvious! It stands for Toadstool, the princess's last name!" The Gallery continues arguing about this, but Princess Peach quiets them by shouting, "Are you seriously basing this accusation on a single letter!" Despite the strength of her rebuttal, she is clearly sweating. Wario continues, "The princess is right! There are several people who have a name beginning with the letter T! In fact, the judge, lead detective, and both of the defense's aides all fit that description!" Lauren Tehra explains, "I agree, but there's one thing the princess has that none of them do. A motive." Wario asks, "Really? And why would someone who can't go to the trouble of standing during a trial try to organize her own kidnapping?"

Vesti explains, "Well, the answer is actually quite simple. Throughout my visit here, I've noticed that the princess isn't that good at doing her job..." Peach replies, "If you're going to accuse me, you could at least do it without insulting me..." Vesti continues, "...Point noted... Anyway, I think you organized the kidnapping in order to avoid your royal duties!" Peach shouts, "Do you really think I could be that shallow?" Vesti replies, "Well... yes." Peach responds, "Oh... uh... alright." Wario objects, "This is incredibly stupid! You have nothing to back up this claim! Nothing but a motive and circumstantial evidence!" Lauren explains, "Oh, I'm not so sure about that... We also have a witness who could answer our questions for us! Someone who would know the details of this plot firsthand!" Toadsworth says, "Wait... Are you referring to..." Lauren answers, "I imagine we are both thinking of the same person."

"The witness I am referring to is..."
PRESENT a profile.

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Presents Bowser's profile. He's the only one who knows stuff about the kidnapping.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

My gut is telling me Toadette.

My burning sense of suspicion is telling me Toadette killed him with the fire flower....its probably still in her basket. She probably wanted to frame the Princess considering how poor a job of protecting the Kingdom she's been doing and Toadettes attempts to protect it. Mario shouldn't have died from the fall and both Luigi and Peach thought he was alive when he went out despite evidence indicating fire killed him. Toadette was picking flowers on the day in a field nearby.

Its probably not the time yet....

But I choose Toadette's profile.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Too bad this dimension doesn't have tear gas.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Bowser.
It's gotta be Bowser.
Right?
RIGHT???


Present: Bowser

Image

Lauren continues, "I am, of course, talking about Bowser. This letter was sent directly to him, so it's extremely likely that he would know the identity of who he was working with. And considering that he was jailed as the only perpetrator of the crime, I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving us information." Princess Peach shouts, "Oh, right, that makes sense. Let's put the word of the convicted kidnapper against that of the kingdom's monarch. Sure. Do you two honestly think anyone would believe a word he says?" Vesti explains, "You know, I think they might. I've heard how his trial went. You were the only witness, and only one piece of truly decisive evidence was presented. However, Bowser was convicted easily. It almost seems like the trial was... rigged. You were the leader, so setting up something like that would be easy for you!" It looks like Peach is about to make a retort, but then Lauren interjects, "And don't forget, you've been committing perjury for this entire trial, and we've proven it countless times." Vesti continues, "Not only that, but you have a motive far more convincing than anything Bowser has ever had!" Finally, the two of them point at the princess simultaneously, and shout, "Face it! You can't run away from your crime this time."

Peach looks frantic. It's clear that she's trying to come up with some sort of reply. However, eventually, she lets out a sigh and mumbles, "Fine. You win. I organized that stupid kidnapping." The court is filled with a prolonged silence. Eventually, Toadsworth asks, "So... you admit it... You kidnapped yourself?" Peach replies, "Well, yeah... Running a kingdom is kind of stressful, you know... So I just decided to leave. I'd still be gone too, if that green plumber hadn't gone and tried to rescue me..." Wario exclaims, "So we DON'T have to cross-examine, Bowser? Sweet. I hate that guy." Toadsworth shouts, "Wario! I don't think you understand the severity of this situation!" Wario replies, "Nah, I understand this perfectly. In fact how about a recap. Our kind and just ruler, Princess Peach, decided to rope another leader and her friend into some needlessly complicated kidnapping, then left the rest of us to fall into poverty without a ruler, just because she was tired. Then the defendant dragged her back, kicking and screaming, so she could give his brother all the credit and then lock up someone who helped her. Then she just sat around and let us fend for ourselves. Wow, what a fine person she turned out to be." At this the court Gallery erupts in heated conversation. Several of the Toads shout various things aloud, like, "She left us to starve!", "THIS is how she repays people who help her!", and "I bet she killed Mario over this too!" Peach shouts, "NO! It wasn't like that! I may have kidnapped myself, but I didn't kill Mario! I swear, that was Luigi, I was tellign the truth!"

By this point the arguments in the gallery have turned into a frenzy. Toadsworth bangs his gavel against the Judge's desk and shouts for order, but this is mostly ineffectual. Eventually the courtroom is filled with a full-scale riot, as some of the less well-grounded Toad's start attempting to attack the princess. They are easily stopped by the Toad Guards, who escort the princess out of the courthouse.

(The situation in the courthourse got so bad that the trial had to be postponed until the next day... We all had to leave as the guard's attempted to restore order. All in all, it was a big mess. However, there was one good thing about the whole ordeal... We actually got time to investigate for longer than two hours... So that's pretty cool.

To be continued...

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973

{{Normally, I'd go to the next investigation now... But the problem is, I'm an idiot, and forgot to plan the next investigation. So I kind of have to figure out where it's actually going to start before I move on. It's probably better that way honestly, cause I've been writing this update for a while. Anyway, the new update should be out Friday, as usual.}}
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Sigh and go interrogate Luigi about what happened that night.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: YEAH OK
No quotes here.


Date: ??? Time: ??? Location: Detention Center, Visitor's Room.

The next day, Vesti, Lauren, and Toadette travel to the Detention Center, hoping to meet with the defendant. However, the three are stopped by a Toad Guard before they can visit him. The guard explains, "I'm afraid that the defendant is still in questioning. You're going to have to come back later." Before the three exit the building, Toadette exclaims, "Well, this was a waste of time." Lauren replies, "Not necessarily. There's someone that I think it would be worth talking to. They should be somewhere in this prison, and I'm sure we would be allowed to pay them a visit." She walks over to the Toad Guard and asks, "Could we perhaps talk to a prisoner here by the name of Bowser?" The guard replies, "Well, I guess so. I'll bring him in if you really want to talk to him..." Lauren responds, "That would be appreciated."

The three walk to the Visitor's Room, and then wait there. Before long, the Toad Guard has returned. He is escorting some kind of creature with the appearance of a turtle with red hair and a green, spiked shell through the entrance. He has his hands cuffed, and looks rather annoyed at the current situation. Once Bowser has made it into the visiting room, the guard leaves through the door at the back. Bowser shouts, "Alright, what's all this about? I haven't had a visitor in a long time, y'know!" Vesti explains, "The three of us are investigating the murder of Mario, and we'd like to ask you a few questions." Lauren continues, "Specifically, we'd like to know more about the fake kidnapping you organized with the princess." Bowser continues, "Oh, right. People finally know about that. Thanks for sorting out that stupid mess. Now the guard's don't give me those annoying, horrified looks all the time. Go ahead and ask me anything, I'm still stuck in here, and I have plenty of time to answer."

Investigation: Detention Center
Examine:
Bad Lights.
Talk:
Bowser
The Kidnapping
The Murder
Move:
Toad Village
Present:
To Bowser
What will you do?

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973

Wiki Page for This Guy
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

How can they possibly keep you here like this? What about your legion of minions? What about your son? You own effectively a whole country region and a castle. You are super strong and breath fire? Why the hell haven't you broken out yet?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Ask Bowser about the kidnapping.

Then presents the Mysterious Letter and ask him why he didn't destroy the letter after he read it. Could he possibly wants the Mushroom Kingdom to know that the kidnapping was organized by Princess Peach herself and not Bowser himself?

Finally, talk about the murder. Confirms that Bowser was in his cell at the time of Mario's death.

One more thing that I might want to add... Consult with Toadette about the Fire Flower. We might need to know what the Fire Flower looks like so we'll keep an lookout for it while we're investigating the case.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

School has now started for me, so I won't be able to update this quite as often. That's definitely the only reason this was so late. It WASN'T because I was playing Danganronpa 2 instead of writing, I swear.

Spoiler: School is not cool. Well, it sort of is. For example, my school is around 20 degrees.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Present badge and say everything with a weird "Boozer" voice. Pwesemp baj an' saway evewooyting wiff uh weewd Boozah voywze
Talk about da MOIDUH.


Consult: Fire Flower

Vesti turns to Toadette and asks, "Hey, do you know what the Fire Flower looks like?" Toadette seems to be deep in thought about the question. Eventually, she replies "Well, I've never actually seen one, but I've heard that it looks like a regular flower with red petals. Except it can shoot fire. Oh, and apparently it has eyes and really large arms that it walks around on." Vesti, disbelieving, replies, "Um... Are you sure about that?" Toadette explains, "Well, the guard who told me that last part might have been joking... He did let out a kind of weird laugh afterwards..." Vesti replies, "Yeah... Probably..."

Present: Police Badge

You walk up to the glass and press your police badge against it. Vesti exclaims, "Bowser, look! This is my police badge! Isn't it cool!" Bowser laughs, "Is that the bet you can do? I have even better stuff in my kingdom! That thing would work better as a doorstop at my castle!" Vesti gasps, "What?! How could you say something like that! This badge represents the force of justice, and the power of the law! As long as I have this badge, no criminal will EVER go unpunished!" "Cool speech," Bowser replies, looking annoyed. "Can we talk about something else now?" Vesti sadly puts his badge away.

Talk: The Kidnapping

Lauren asks, "So, what can you tell us about the fake kidnapping?" Bowser replies, "Well, it's kind of a long story. Basically, it was all the princess's idea. She asked the me if she could hide in my kingdom, in return for some of her wealth. Since my kingdom was struggling at the time, I agreed." Toadette asks, "Your kingdom was having financial problems too?" Bowser continues, "It certainly was, but I managed to fix it up shortly after the kidnapping. Anyway, things went fine for a little while, but then that green plumber bumbled in and ruined everything. And just when I thought the fun was over, that princess betrayed me!" Lauren responds, "She blamed you for the entire incident, didn't she?" Bowser shouts, "Exactly! I risked my reputations for that creep, and she repays me by putting me in prison! And of course, I tried to escape, but they always managed to drag me back! Even worse, they wouldn't even give me the benefit of telling me what happened in my kingdom! So... When I heard that some group of detectives found their way into the town, I had to do something..." Hearing this, Lauren asks, "Hmm? You heard that we arrived here? May I ask how?" Bowser mumbles, "Hmph. Word gets around in this prison. We have our ways of knowing what's going on outside... I just heard it from some Toad who's in here for embezzlement... I don't know how he got the info..." Lauren muses, "...It's probably not important."

Present: Kidnapping Letter

Vesti pulls the letter out of his pocket and shows it to Bowser. He asks, "This is a letter you received from the princess, right?" Bowser explains, "Yeah, it sure was! She sent that one the day before I was supposed to pretend to kidnap her." Vesti asks, "But wait, the letter says you were supposed to destroy the letter! Why didn't you?" Bowser replies, "I don't know... I just decided to hang onto it, just in case. I really didn't have a reason... It was obviously a good thing that I did, though." Vesti continues, "You ARE the one that sent the letter to us, right?" Bowser replies, "Of course. It took a lot of convincing though... Well, I suppose it was more like "threatening". Vesti asks, "Umm... Are you sure that it's a good idea to threaten the guards?" Bowser replies, "I'm already in prison. What else can they do to me?"

Talk: The Murder

Finally, Lauren asks, "Bowser, what do you know about Mario's murder." "Obviously, I don't know much," Bowser explains, "I was in this cell the entire time. Any of the guards here can prove that. The only things I know are things I overheard, and I didn't really overhear much." Vesti asks, "So, you're saying that you couldn't possibly be the killer." Bowser glares at him, and says, "What do you think?! I'm in prison! Unless you think I can break out, sneak into the castle, and kill Mario without anyone noticing. And if I did that, I might as well have ran away instead of going back to my cell like a good prisoner!" Lauren mumbles, "You certainly have a point. I think we can safely remove Bowser from our suspect list."

Toadette exclaims, "We probably have all of the information we can get from Bowser. What do you think we should do now?" Lauren explains, "Well, we should probably investigate the field that Mario's body landed in." Vesti adds, "We should talk to Luigi too. Maybe we can find some way to get him to reveal that secret too... But I'm not really sure how." Lauren replies, "Well, I'm sure you'll figure it out somehow. At least we have plenty of time to investigate now." Vesti shouts, "Exactly! No matter what, the truth will finally be revealed today!"

Investigation: Detention Center
Examine:
Bad Lights.
Talk:
Bowser
The Kidnapping
The Murder
Move:
Toad Village
Present:
To Bowser
What will you do?

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Well, there's not much we can go on from there.

Move to Toad Village, while we discusses how to get Luigi to open up to us about what REALLY happened on the day of Mario's death.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Before we go

Ask Bowser if HE knows what a Fire Flower looks like and if any of them are in Toadette's basket.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: Good thing this update is short, cause I wanna play more Spirit of Justice.
These guys didn't try hard enough.


Vesti concocts a devious plan to find out if Toadette is hiding the fire flower. Vesti turns to Bowser, and asks, "Hey, have you ever seen a fire flower?" Bowser replies, "No. Not with my own eyes at least." Vesti sighs, "Oh... ok..." Vesti reflects that doing something like that in front of Toadette would probably make her really suspicious, and questions why he is even considering this anyway.

Move: Toad Village

Vesti, Lauren, and Toadette exit the Detention a Center, and find themselves back in the village square. Lauren exclaims, "Well, I guess the only thing we can do now is search the field by the castle." Vesti replies, "I wish we could figure out what Luigi is hiding... but he's doing a really good job of hiding it." He laughs then continues, "I think the only thing that could get him to talk is divine intervention!" Suddenly, the group hears a male voice dryly respond, "Did you say... divine intervention?" Vesti shouts, "What?! Oh, not you again!" The group turns to the left, only to see Chronos Krate walk out of a nearby alleyway in a completely average fashion, if you ignore the fact that he's walking upside-down and in mid-air. He continues, "Yes, it's me. I'm one of five main characters, after all. Did you really except yesterday to be my last appearance?" Vesti thinks, (Of course I didn't expect that! I kind of hoped it would have been, though.) "What do you want now?" Vesti asks. Chronos explains, "I don't 'want' anything. I just assumed you three would have a bunch of questions, so I thought I'd show up and help move the plot along." Chronos Krate turns right side up in mid-air, and then descends to the ground. "So, feel free to ask anything, as long as it isn't incredibly irrelevant."

Investigation: Detention Center
Examine:
Nothing to see here.
Talk:
Chronos Krate
The Trial
"Divine Intervention"
Move:
Detention Center
Peach's Castle
Field
Present:
To Chronos Krate
What will you do?

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Sling an arm around Chronos drag him off to the side and ask him if Toadette is the killer because I SUPER think she is.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Talk about the trial and then talk about this so-called "divine intervention".

Then move to the field. We can finally check out the area where Mario's body was found.

And for humor, have Lauren break the fourth wall and reminds the viewers that they shouldn't be jumping the gun.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: OH GOSH IT'S SO LATE RIGHT NOW
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Ask is Kronos just dual guarded an attack because of "divine intervention".
... geez I've been playing way too much FE:Fates. I'd bet 50 cents that nobody even got that.
Then do the talky thing about the trial, and present badge again, because why not?

EmperorToad wrote:
interveiw the famous and respected emperor of the toads


{{I'm afraid that this story does not include the emperor of the Toads, though I think it's safe to say that he will soon take over the Mushroom Kingdom now that the princess got arrested.}}

Vesti walks over to Chronos, nudges him, and asks, "Hey, do you know who the killer is? Cause I totally think it's-" Chronos shoves him away and replies, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. And believe me, it would be a death extremely lacking in dignity." Vesti crosses his arm and replies, "Excuse you! I was only joking! I honestly have no idea what's going on in this case!" Lauren mumbles, "Why doesn't that surprise me..." Chronos Krate continues, "If you must know, I can divulge some information. For example, I can confirm that the true killer is a biotic life-form." Vesti replies, "Wow... Thanks..." Toadette exclaims, "Well, at least we can rule the Detention Center out of our suspect list!" Lauren interjects, "Just stop jumping the gun, Vesti. I'm sure we'll have it figured out before the trial ends tomorrow. Even if we knew who it was, we don't have the authority to make an arrest anyway... So there's nothing we can do until the trial anyway." Vesti replies, "Yeah... I guess you're right."

Talk: The Trial

Vesti asks, "So, how would you say we did at the trial?" Chronos replies, "Hmm... I guess you did pretty well, all things considered. You pretty much just goofed around until the trial was cancelled for a stupid reason. But, I suppose you managed to get yourself some more investigation time, so good for you." Vesti replies, "...I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a compliment or an insult." Chronos explains, "It is up to the viewers interpretation. Though, I suppose this story is too linear for there to have been a different result. I also must commend your skills at not making yourself look like an idiot. I know you normally find that very difficult." Vesti replies, "Oh... Cool... Thanks for the confidence boost..."

Talk: "Divine Intervention"

Lauren asks, "What exactly were you talking about when you said 'divine intervention?'" Chronos explains, "Simply put, I doubt you'll have any luck getting Luigi to talk. After all, he's incredibly timid, and quite frightened by what he witnessed. But his testimony is incredibly important, and without it, the truth might never come out. But there might be something we can do about it. Give me your badge." "WHAT!" Vesti shouts, "What does my badge have to do with this? You're just trying to destroy it so I won't present it anymore, aren't you!" Chronos replies, "I will admit that prospect is very tempting, it would rob you of one of your most annoying character quirks, and without those you'd just be boring. It would be best if you just gave me the bade now. I could just steal it if I wanted to anyway." Vesti sighs, "Alright, fine. Just don't mess it up!" He pulls his police badge out and holds it in front of him. "I wouldn't dream of it," Chronos replies. He takes the badge from Vesti, then pulls out one of those weird futuristic space gun things. He proceeds to shoot the badge with some kind of yellow beam, causing it to glow slightly, and then he chucks it back at Vesti. He just barely catches it, and after making sure that's the badge is intact, shouts, "What the heck did you just do?!" Chronos explains, "Oh, you know me. I've never been one to go into the specifics." Lauren sternly responds, "But we NEED you to go into specifics. This is Vesti's badge we're talking about. Not only is it important to him, but he carries it with him at all times. If you did something harmful to it, we need to know now!" Chronos laughs dramatically, and then replies, "Don't worry about it! I'm sure half of you can already guess what I did, and the other half probably doesn't care. Anyway, I've got places to be. Actually, I don't have places to be. That was a lie. You guys are just kind of annoying. Arrivederci!" Chronos Krate throws his cane into the air, which falls back to the ground in front of him, "wiping" him away as it passes in front of him. The only thing left behind is the cane lying on the ground. Vesti sighs, "How about we just pretend that didn't happen and move on?" Toadette replies, "Sure. That would probably be easier on all of us. But where should we go now?" Lauren answers, "The answer is quite simple. We need to go to the Fields by the Castle, and investigate the last portion of the crime scene." Vesti replies, "That sounds like a good idea. Let's go do that." The three then make their way towards the castle, and then turn right at the entrance to reach the field

Move: Flower Field

Date: ??? Time: ??? Location: Castle Ground, Flower Field.

When the three finally arrive at the field, the first thing they notice is a certain mushroom-headed individual crouching near the flowers. He appears to be sifting through the flowers, looking for something. Before the group can reach him, he stands up and turns around. Seeing the group he shouts, "Oh! Hi guys! Are you going to investigate here now!" Toadette replies, "Of course! What are you doing here, Toad?" Captain Toad explains, "Well, I've been trying to find the Fire Flower that was used to kill Mario... but I haven't had any luck so far... But maybe you guys will find something!" While the two continue discussing the case, Vesti takes a quick look around the area. He notices that a large field of flowers of various colors is on the right of the dirt path. The path itself circles around the exterior of the castle, and the castle's moat is on the right of it. There is a small grassy divide between the path and the field, and Vesti notices a chalk outline in the grass. Looking up, he notices the balcony of Mario's room far above. Vesti reflects, (At the moment, nothing stands out to me... and since the crime happened in the room above, I don't know if I'll really find anything useful. But who knows... I'm sure I'll fin some sort of clue!)

Investigation: Detention Center
Examine:
Pathway, Flowers, Outline, Balcony, Moat.
Talk:
Captain Toad
The Trial
Move:
Toad Village
Peach's Castle
Present:
To Captain Toad
What will you do?

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Talk about the trial with Captain Toad.

Ask Captain Toad if he need some help in searching the flowers for the fire flower. Then examine the flowers to aid Captain Toad in the hunt for the Fire Flower. While searching for the Fire Flower among the flowers, ask Captain Toad if he know what the Fire Flower look like.

Examine the outline. Then look at the balcony.

Then examine the pathway and the moat.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

GET THE CANE! Then try and replicate Chronos disappearing trick with it. If it fails keep it anyway and look more suave because of it.

Then keep a sharp eye on Toadette to make sure she doesn't tamper with any evidence.

Then ask Captain Toad whether "hypothetically" Mario could have survived the fall if he hadnt been shot with a fire flower. Given his history of jumping and platforming it seems likely to me he would have survived.

If I still have time examine the flowers and ask Toadette if she picks flowers here.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: I don't know what to put here again.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Present badge to Cap'n... very carefully. Then look at the outline.


Before leaving for the castle in the last update, Vesti makes sure to retrieve the cane Chronos left lying around. Examining it, it seems to be a mostly normal cane. It's completely white except for the tip, and it is topped by a large brass depiction of Saturn. Attempting to perform, Chronos's awesome teleportation trick, he throws the cane into the air. Unfortunately, it justs clatters uselessly to the ground. Right after grabbing the cane, Toadette grabs him by the arm and starts dragging him towards the castle. {{Chronos's Cane added to Evidence}}

Examine: Flowers

After the weird anachronic shenanigans of that last paragraph, Vesti walks into the field of flowers where Toadette is still digging through the dirt. He asks, "What are you doing, Captain Toad?" The detective replies, "Wario wants us to find the Fire Flower before the trial later today, and I've been checking this field... but I haven't had any luck..." Vesti responds, "Do you have any idea where the flower could be if it isn't here." Captain Toad explains, "The way I see it, there are two possibilities. Either, the killer still has the flower with them, or they hid it somewhere. The first seems impossible, since everyone who was at the castle was thoroughly searched... but the second seems impossible too, since we searched every nook and cranny of the castle and found nothing. I think it's far more likely that the killer threw the flower out the window and it was washed away in the moat... but if that's the case there'd be no way to recover it..." Vesti replies, "Would getting the flower even help at all? I doubt the killer could have left any traces on it." Captain Toad explains, "I thought the same thing... but we need to examine this case from every angle, so Wario still wants us to recover it somehow..."

Examine: Moat

Vesti looks into the moat. As the name suggests, the moat is a large ring of water around the castle that is currently flowing to the left. Vesti asks, "But wait, fi the flower was left in the moat, wouldn't it still be here?" Captain Toad answers, "Don't you remember. That moat was brought up in the trial. It's not a landlocked ring of water. It's actually a river going around the castle itself. So, the flower would have floated out the other end of the river... and it would be long gone by now..." "Ah," Vesti continues, "Still, have you checked the moat for any clues anyway." Captain Toad replies, "We did send a Toad Guard into the water to check it out... but he got washed downstream... I wonder where he is now?" "Well," Vesti replies, "I guess I shouldn't go investigate the moat then..."

Examine: Outline

Lauren walks over to examine the outline in the field. The outline shows a vaguely humanoid shape that would be lying on its back. Some of the grass around the body is matted and torn. Lauren turns to the detective and asks, "This outline marks the location where the victim was found, correct?" Captain Toad explains, "Yes. That's the exact spot I found Mario lying in when I arrived, after the toad guard who found the body notified the police..." Toadette interjects, "I was here too, y'know! That's where I saw the body land too..." "I see..." Lauren mutters. She jots down a few things in her organizer, and then asks, "I assume the grass near the body was in this state when you arrived as well?" Captain Toad kneels down to get a better look at the grass. He explains, "Yes, I think so... I assume the grass got that way from the impact of the body landing on it..." Lauren replies, "...I suppose that would make sense... I'll still make a note of it just in case..." {{Mario's Body Notes updated in Evidence}} {{Flattened Grass added to Evidence}}

Talk: Captain Toad: The Trial

Vesti asks, "So what did you think of yesterday's trial." Captain Toad replies, "I'm just as shocked as everyone else about the whole kidnapping thing... But it doesn't overturn the case against Luigi..." Toadette replies, "I wouldn't say that! Maybe the kidnapping is has something to do with the real killer's motive! Luigi's motive couldn't have anything to do with the kidnapping!" Vesti replies, "Yeah, but the prosecution has another motive for him anyway, so that doesn't really help..." "Well," Lauren explains, "All that talk about the kidnapping at least gave us an extra day... So we should be thankful about that." "Exactly," Vesti shouts, "Now we have the chance to figure out the truth behind this case! And I'm confident that we'll be able to do it!" Lauren replies, "Which means we probably shouldn't spend our time presenting badges to everybody." Vesti sighs, "...I was in such a good mood too... but then you just shut me down..." Lauren replies, "Come on Vesti, surely you would have seen that one coming."

{{Yeah, I didn't use all the actions cause I don't really have time to examine literally every single object here in one update...}}

Investigation: Flower Field
Examine:
Pathway, Balcony.
Talk:
Captain Toad
The Trial
Move:
Toad Village
Peach's Castle
Present:
To Captain Toad
What will you do?

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

*Sigh and reluctantly agree to not present my badge to anyone else.*

Then PRESENT THE CANE TO CAPTAIN TOAD!

Also since we're still checking out the crime scene:


Then ask Captain Toad whether "hypothetically" Mario could have survived the fall if he hadn't been shot with a fire flower.
If I still have time ask Toadette for more detail about what she was doing and saw on the night of the murder.


I'll bring this foul fungus to justice yet!
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Examine the baloney and the pathway.

Then ask Captain Toad if he know what the Fire Flower look like.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Spoiler: OOPS I FORGOT HOW TO UPDATES
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Ummm... examine the pathway and the balcony.


Present: Chronos's Cane

Vesti takes out the cane that he stole borrowed from Chronos and shows it to Captain Toad. He says, "Hey, Toad, look at this! Isn't it cool?!" Captain Toad replies, "What is that?! Is that some kind of weapon?! Because... as a member of law enforcement, I'm supposed to take that away from you!" Vesti shouts, "No! Of course not! It's just a cane I found lying on the ground!" Toad looks skeptical. He replies, "Hmm... If you say so... Still, I've got my eye on you..."

Examine: Balcony

Vesti walks up to the moat, and looks directly upward. Jutting out from the side of the castle, he clearly sees the balcony. He turns back to the detective and asks, "So, that's the balcony the victim fell from, am I correct?" Captain Toad replies, "Exactly. That balcony juts out from Mario's room. So, that's the balcony Mario was thrown off of. ...That's what the witnesses say, at least." Lauren interjects, "That means... the princess was also kidnapped from that room, correct?" Captain Toad continues, "Yeah, I suppose so..."

Examine: Pathway

Lauren kneels by the pathway, and begins carefully looking through the grains of sand. It isn't long before she appears to discover something, and jots the information down in her notebook. Then, she exclaims, "Vesti, come look at this." Vesti, who was busy staring at the wall of the castle, walks over and crouches by the path. "What?" he asks, "Did you find something?" Lauren replies, "Take a look at this area of dirt here. Do you notice anything?" Vesti takes a closer look at the pathway, and is just barely able to make out some kind of shpe pressed into the sand. He mumbles, "Is that... a handprint?" Lauren explains, "There appear to be about two of them, as well as some large drag marks in the dirt." Vesti ponders, "Hmm... I wonder what that could mean..." Lauren replies, "I think it's safe to say that this is important evidence." {{Pathway Marks added to Evidence}}

Talk: Fire Flower

Vesti asks the detective, "So, do you actually know what the fire flower looks like?" Captain Toad replies, "Of course I know! It's a red flower with a green stem and a face! I'd get kicked off the force if I spent an entire day looking for something I wouldn't automatically recognize!" Vesti laughs, "Oh... right... Yeah, that makes sense." Lauren interjects, "Out of curiosity, could Mario have survived the fall off of the balcony if he was still alive?" Captain hesitates, confused by the question, then replies, "Huh? Oh... I guess so...I think on some of his adventures he's survived long falls and only taken a little damage... But since Mario was killed before he fell off of the balcony, it wouldn't really matter that much..." Lauren replies, "Hmm... I see..."

Captain Toad eventually leaves the flower field and starts walking back towards the castle. He explains, "Well, I've searched the entire field, and I didn't find anything..." Toadette replies, "Oh... that stinks... It has to be somewhere! Maybe you should try searching the castle again!" Toad replies, "That's probably my only option at this point... Good luck with the rest of the investigation, guys! I hope you find the evidence to save Luigi!" Vesti shouts, "Good luck to you too, Toad!" Captain Toad waves goodbye one more time, and then runs around the front of the castle and out of sight. Vesti, Lauren, and Toadette are left standing alone in the field, wondering where to go next.

Investigation: Flower Field
Examine:
Talk:
There is no one here!
Move:
Toad Village
Peach's Castle
Present:
To Lauren, I Guess.
What will you do?

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14154

Take note how Toadette cleverly directed the investigation back to the castle.

Then present the cane to Toadette


Then ask Toadette about what she saw the night of the murder and what she was doing now we know she was a witness.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title
User avatar

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Gender: Male

Location: Nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 258

Well, there's the castle we need to look at. Maybe there's something at the castle that we missed.

Move to the castle.
Page 6 of 19 [ 741 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Blinky, coltonrawr, DootDootDoot, Franzise Deauxnim and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO