Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 2[ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Danganronpa F8 Signup Thread (Closed)Topic%20Title

[MUSIC]

SC & Nanjo present:

Dangan Ronpa F8:The Machine

Spoiler: Logo

The Danganronpa F series are a series of forum RPs that are based on the Danganronpa series. You need not have played any games in the Danganronpa series to get the most out of this game, you need only roleplay as best you can and participate in the trials as best you can. DRF8 will begin August 23rd.

Spoiler: The Format
The format of this game will largely occur over 4 chapters, with each chapter taking place over one-to-two real-life weeks. This timeline is approximate, and may be changed with little notice, as in-game needs are taken into account. The game will begin with the players acting as various people trapped in a death game, and myself and Southern “SC” Corn acting as Game Master.

Each chapter will be broken up into three separate phases: the Daily Life, the Reward Match, and the Elimination Match.

Daily Life will consist of essentially free role-playing between the characters. During this time, a new location will be revealed and the characters will spend time there. I will introduce any places and items of interest available to the characters.

During this time, you are free to do one or both of two things: you may elect to spend time one-on-one with another character (this is called a Free Time Event or an FTE), or you may plan to murder one of the other players’ character using the environment and any tools available to you.

The planned allotted time for Daily Life will be roughly four days.

After the Daily Life ends, the Reward Match begins.

The Reward Match will consist of a big game played by all the characters. As your character, you will compete in the Reward Match, trying your best to win the game. Reward Matches will have some effect on the story depending on who wins. At the end, a reward will be given to the winner or winners.

The allotted time for the Reward Match will be about four days.

Finally, after the Reward Match, the Elimination Match begins.

Before the Elimination Match, players will be given a public list of evidence that the characters discovered throughout the Chapter, and I will give each surviving player any additional knowledge they would individually know. Then, the Elimination Match begins.

During the Elimination Match, the innocent players will try to ferret out the truth behind the central mystery of the chapter. At the end of the Elimination Match, the characters will have the chance to choose one of their colleagues that should die. Depending on who they kill, players can experience a BAD END or progress the story. If players encounter a BAD END, we will give them another shot to complete the Elimination Match.

After the Elimination Match is concluded, some time will pass, and the next chapter will begin again.

The planned allotted time for the Elimination Match will be about four days.

Spoiler: The Rules
The in-universe rules will be made clear once the game begins. These rules are an attempt to make the RP as successful as it can be.
1. Be active - Goes without saying that active players are a big part of helping others have fun with the game.
2. Be considerate roleplayers - Do cool stuff that will facilitate others being able to do cool stuff too. Don’t be a jerk.
3. Godmodding requires consent - If you control a character other than your own, or imply their actions, you must have explicit permission from that person.
4. Don’t suck (literally) - It’s a funny rule but a necessary one. This game should have no content that seems 18+.
5. Use your FTEs - If other characters don’t care about you, how will the other players? FTEs are an important part of making your character personally invested in the others.
6. Participate - Always try to contribute even during mystery-solving or games where you might be having a tough time. The point of the game is usually not to win, but rather to tell a fun story as a group.
7. Do what is best for the game - Sometimes your character dying is a lot more epic than them surviving. In order to make a great game, we need people who are willing to write characters that die. Maybe you won’t get the glory, but I’ll be very grateful.
8. Be flexible - Sometimes your personal character plans get thrown into the air. Do your best to go with the flow and come up with a new plan.
9. Yes, and - Enable other players! When someone says something or does something, don’t let it lead to nothing! Try your best to push it forward or add onto it! You don’t wanna bunch of people doing things on their own in the game.

Spoiler: Premise A (1/2 of Players) (Read This Before Playing!)
You have been invited by your close personal friend onto an ocean cruise liner operated by a company named Sea Vista Cruises! You are an extremely wealthy or influential person for some specific reason. Your friend is named Val Valvier, the ultimate inventor! They invited you to be one of the first people to see what their new invention is capable of. You will be spending several days on this cruise learning about the new invention once you get there! Val’s last invention, The Reminds-You-What-You’re-Trying-To-Remember Machine, was a great piece and you can’t wait to see more from your close friend Val!

Spoiler: Premise B (1/2 of Players) (Read This Before Playing As Well!)
Unfortunately, things have gotten dark for you. You languish in prison, haunted by your own past mistakes. Do you think you made mistakes? Maybe you stand by them, that is up to you. Regardless, you have been tossed and transferred from prison to prison, never staying one place long. You are a convicted felon for some very specific crime. You are being put on another transfer that you don’t understand when you hear a strange statement that you will be staying on one of the lower decks of a cruise ship. You are thrown in a cage, battered by the cruelty of your captors, and wish nothing more than to escape.

If you want to sign up for this game, please fill out this survey: [SURVEY LINK]

The survey is pretty lengthy but not all of it has to be filled in. You do not need to fill it out immediately if you don’t have the time. All you need to do is comment in the thread that you’re interested and intend to fill it out and we’ll wait for you. After some amount of time (which will be posted in this thread), we won’t take any more people, but you can still fill out the survey after that time period if you commented in the thread by that time.

Something to keep in mind is that while you can fill the survey with as many details and ideas as you want, it doesn’t mean any of it will happen. We’ll try our best but we won’t guarantee anything. The main purpose is so we’re informed on what you want. Just because you want to be Literally Satan, doesn’t mean you’ll actually be able to turn into Satan.

Extreme example, but the main idea is that whatever we do to your character will be for the good of the story, will make sense for the character, and ideally make you happy with it too, hopefully surprising you as well. But giving everybody exactly what they want is just a recipe for disaster and won’t work in practice. That’s why it’s good to have ideas for what you can do without our help to enhance the experience for yourself and others!

Don’t feel like you need to fill out the whole survey because you really don’t have to at all.

We will be accepting lots of applicants, so please sign up if you wish to play! Happy gaming!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Danganronpa F8 Signup Thread (Open)Topic%20Title

The American Dream

first post best post

BEECH

yes

Sock

hi I'm gonna sign up.

Shy guy

gg

No wait, I mean, yes sign me up please!

i won't be joining unless sex is allowed :/

Remember us.

WinterCoat wrote:
first post best post

period

fella

hello yes i would like to sign up thank you bye

Sock

Is the half and half for each premise strictly enforced? If most sign ups are for one premise while the other is left in the dust would people be forced to change?

What is the "Other" option for in the character type selection in the survey?

Rookie Killer

I've had a character in mind for quite a while now and I feel like one of the premises is perfect for him so I'd like to sign up. I've already filled in and submitted the survey.

Sleeping is my life.

I'll be giving this a go. Will submit my survey later.

The American Dream

sent in my surveyyyyyy

Yellow. I have plans to join and will be submitting a survey when i finish my character. Should be soon. hopefully. maybe. before the 23rd.

Kachu wrote:
Is the half and half for each premise strictly enforced? If most sign ups are for one premise while the other is left in the dust would people be forced to change?

What is the "Other" option for in the character type selection in the survey?

Other is if you wanna be extra special somehow. Some ideas were Ship Crew, Prison Guards... But really we don't want very many characters like that.

Half and half is not going to be strictly enforced but we will ask for volunteers to switch if one group is larger than the other.

i'd love to make a funny post but i just wanna say im interested will probably have a survey sent before today's over

[Hacker voice]: "I'm in."

Joker wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXUVqLxNI6c

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Joker wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXUVqLxNI6c

lmao

Remember us.

sent in me survey yeet

Okay so just to expand on the idea of "Elimination Matches":

These are games which end in character death. Unlike other Danganronpa games in this forum, there is no real requirement that this Elimination Match is a murder investigation. It could be a number of different types of game where the group will debate something before coming to a clear decision.

This is vaguely based off the format of Your Turn To Die (a cool visual novel with clear shared dna with Danganronpa) but the debates will be more focused than just "who do you trust?".

Sock

Sounds pretty damn exciting to me. Love what I’ve read in Your Turn To Die and would hardcore recommend everyone who hasn’t seen it to read it right the heck now.

Is there any player limit? Are you accepting less players than past games because of the shorter chapter count?

No player limits, and I'm willing to have chapters with 5+ deaths (depending on which ideas line up for us, etc.).

Happy Maria

Also I notice we might be getting some newcomers to this game so for anyone interested we also have a Discord server for these games right here. It's totally optional to join of course but a decent chunk of discussion and stuff happens there so I'd say it's worthwhile to join. Nanjo please add this to the OP too once you get the chance thanks.

Anyway looking forward to the game once it starts! Some interesting submissions already, I'll say.

Post something like cool, I might join

I thought the post was already cool! Dang it!

Unless you mean you're gonna post something like "cool, I might join", in which case, that's cool.

Sock

Really excited to see some new people interested/signing up for F games! New life in these is always a treat.

The American Dream

really excited to see moe's ugly mug get out of my life

how could you say that. how could you.

The American Dream

i know, i'm such a bastard

Sleeping is my life.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of characters the newcomers can come up with! It's always exciting!

WinterCoat wrote:
really excited to see moe's ugly mug get out of my life

based

ASCEND

Moe I. Dewopp Ultimate Sexophonist oh frick this isn't the sign-up formm how embarassinsng
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
Ultimate Sex

ban this man

Okay here's an update on the current cast from people's submissions:

Six people have the rich backstory, whereas four are prisoners.

There are three women and seven men.

It would be nice for the cast to end up pretty even but I understand that switching from prisoner to rich is a pretty big change, lol. Anyway, thanks guys for submitting great characters!

I'll keep sign-ups open for several days more to make sure everyone can submit a character.

No other way than to make this mistake.

I'll sign up and shit.

Based

Been on the fence for a while. Putting my name down for the time being. Will be a bit before I get my survey ready. Need to draw an avatar and sort out character details.

We are willing to delay the start of the game a few days if people want to think on their characters a little more. The hard start date is to start the action asap.

Just another day.

neet, when i have a moment ill submit a character :v

Hey, we aren't sure when people will be getting their characters in, but if you are still working on your character, no rush. If someone turns in their character on Saturday, we'll probably have to delay a little but that's all good!

No other way than to make this mistake.

I have ligmaaaadfa
Page 1 of 2 [ 45 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus