Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 3[ 93 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Nonary Game 4: Life Post Game ThreadTopic%20Title

sumguy28 wrote:
You and Fran voted for me, I assume?

I didn't, of course not. I was not planning on knocking you out.

The bomb was as simple as a code in the cell. I told Ant and D about it, and ultimately D just got Persephone to dig up cell 10, and I was able to sneak in and grab it. Afterwards, I went to the central control room to disarm it.

Sleeping is my life.

In Dry's ending.... I have a feeling that Yon Grant was supposed to be me from the third Nonary Game. :P

Gettin' Old!

Yeah the bomb code allowed people to arm the bomb to go off whenever their bracelet detected they were dead so it would basically give them a guarantee to survive as no one would be able to touch them without a death wish.

Alternatively the bombs could be primed to go off at any time or deactivated entirely (which they were). The bombs were not actually armed at the start.

Though yeah there was a lot of luck with the pacification of Zero, your votes were insane with the amount of damage you dished out.

(Dry's ending is up)

And yes it is, was originally Luna but...she'd be...a bit old for investigative reporting. We figured it would be an appropriate arc for someone who used to cover up the truth.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

As for which of the two people who voted to punish Neo in the Round 3 Judgement Phase, let's say that I was one of them. Little did I know that I would be helping Vii fulfills his win condition. My win condition was that I have to survive and escape the game.

Still, who were the two people that voted to punish me in the Round 3 Judgement phase?

Wut?

Thanks for the Gavel Coin btw ;)

(I'm from the other Nonary Game)

Gettin' Old!

NintendoFan wrote:
Thanks for the Gavel Coin btw ;)

(I'm from the other Nonary Game)

Nnngggh it doesn't really matter...but you shouldn't really be here yet. Your game technically isn't over....

Ladies and Gentleman I give you Venus (the Vii equivalent). Their Persephone used her power on the melted bronze that used to be the Gavel coin in their timeline. Since Vii here had it at the time it went straight into Venus' pocket.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Wut?

(I noticed that the game was over, so I came here to post that. I hadn't actually looked at anything else yet. *shrug*)

Wow, guess 7 really was lucky.

I actually completely forgot there were two games running simultaneously until this thread was posted, probably largely due to being one of the few (only?) muggles.

Gettin' Old!

Muggle doesn't seem that accurate.

(D ending up, QTs for Neo, Dry and D have been added)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Beware of the Dog

Hmm, I'm dropping by a little late...
However, I liked the game, and I hope I didn't mess up too much with my roleplaying. Is number 4 my doppelganger in the other game?

Gettin' Old!

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
Hmm, I'm dropping by a little late...
However, I liked the game, and I hope I didn't mess up too much with my roleplaying. Is number 4 my doppelganger in the other game?

Tessera is your doppelgänger. Interestingly enough neither of you used your kill power.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

So who was Penta anyway?

Beware of the Dog

You know, beating a person to death while everyone is watching isn't such a promising thing to do as long as you're not in league with everyone else in the room. If I may ask, what was the point of this bricked window? Throwing myself through a brick wall right at the beginning of the game... I know that I wanted to do it, but I can't think of any way it could have been useful. It's kind of interesting how similar I looked to my doppelgänger. So you've got an ä on your keyboard too!
Quote:
So who was Penta anyway?

Sarah Saunders, former soldier, now working for SSF as the price she had to pay for them replacing her arms and legs which she had lost in a landmine accident. Cyborg, no robot. Abilities: Killing without weapons and also an implanted morphogenetic uplink device for talking to Sharpe and also for passively establishing connections to Espers.

Gettin' Old!

You know, beating a person to death while everyone is watching isn't such a promising thing to do as long as you're not in league with everyone else in the room. If I may ask, what was the point of this bricked window? Throwing myself through a brick wall right at the beginning of the game... I know that I wanted to do it, but I can't think of any way it could have been useful. It's kind of interesting how similar I looked to my doppelgänger. So you've got an ä on your keyboard too!
Quote:
So who was Penta anyway?

Sarah Saunders, former soldier, now working for SSF as the price she had to pay for them replacing her arms and legs which she had lost in a landmine accident. Cyborg, no robot. Abilities: Killing without weapons and also an implanted morphogenetic uplink device for talking to Sharpe and also for passively establishing connections to Espers.

Hmm thought I made a disclaimer saying that in the final phases, since everyone was exploring wildly over a period of time that no one would be considered to be sharing a room. That was basically me saying "Yo Viktoria you can slaughter without abandon."

Also the brick wall was simply flavour...I mean they had to separate the rooms somehow. It makes sense in a prison for it to be connected. Though you made the right call...it wouldn't have been useful in anyway other than revealing you have godlike strength.

While I'm on the topic of flavour: The bloody pantry was simply that! Flavour! Zero has to eat! You think a diabolical plan rolls on an empty stomach? I was thinking "Oh man, why even open that, revealing you know the code just seems like a telltale sign you are Zero to me!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Beware of the Dog

Pierre wrote:
Hmm thought I made a disclaimer saying that in the final phases, since everyone was exploring wildly over a period of time that no one would be considered to be sharing a room. That was basically me saying "Yo Viktoria you can slaughter without abandon."

Well, I'm actually quite happy that I didn't get that. If I had, maybe Dry would've sliced my arm open with that knife and I would've had a lot to explain.

Last edited by Viktoria von Karma on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

I do wish I hadn't been handcuffed for all of the later game XD It made doing anything at all about all those sensitive documents pretty difficult. Then again, QDogg handled them so well that it would have been difficult either way.

But regardless, this was fun. Especially as I got to play as Laurent, the Morphogenetic idealist!

Although actually writing Laurent instead of Ant that one time was a pretty major slip up...

Gotta love the phone messages XD

Oh, interesting. After reading over everything, it becomes pretty clear that the group consisted of three groups of three, but without them knowing that about the other groups. Neo, Vii and Queen as the masterminds, Bishop, Dry and Persephone as the victims and D, Penta and me as the SSF people.

MechaQdogg wrote:
Oh wow. I just saw KamiPanda's answer to Riddle 4. I feel so dumb. My answer was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more complicated. Oh my goodness that was the easiest riddle and I spent the most time on it.

4 or 5? If you did mean 4, my initial answer turned out to be wrong, as the riddle explicitly stated that the accused said something.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what was everyone's requirements for victory? Laurent's was simply to escape at first, but later he also had to stop all the SSF documents going public.

I had two:
- Queen and I survive and escape
- Jamie dies

I think "muggle" is close enough in my case since I wasn't an esper. My "powers" were a radio link with Queen and a micro-computer that could crack any puzzle (except the final trial riddles since my hands were locked and I couldn't use it.) So theoretically I could have opened the coffin but Queen said Neo didn't want me opening it and I had to stay on his good side for the time being, and I didn't see any tactical advantage to it anyway since the only thing I could see gaining was knowledge of Zero's identity, which I already knew.

Gettin' Old!

Well you would have saved Mikey (the original Neo) and potentially found a knife that Jamie had hidden there away from Queen's knowledge.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Neither of those things would have been worth getting blown up by Zero :yogi:

My goals, verbatim:

Quote:
Goals:
• Both you and Danny must survive and escape.
• Jamie must fail any of his objectives but YOU cannot kill him or take a direct aggressive action against him.
• (WARNING: If Jamie suspects you are working against him, he can swap consciousness with you. This will not ALWAYS result in an instant loss however it is likely.)

The third bit kept me overly paranoid giving away information, but to be fair I guess I had reason to since Dry ended up having an ability to listen in on people, and decided to blow up my spot the moment he heard me.

The second one made me actively deflect attention away from killing Jamie. I said things like, "oh killing him won't work so don't bother" and things like that.

Gettin' Old!

You had the most abilities because there was the chance that Jamie could always screw up everything for you at any point.

Also muggle maybe you were but your hacking ability was pretty fine when it came to beating others to the punch.

Also Queens ending is up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

KamiPanda wrote:
I do wish I hadn't been handcuffed for all of the later game XD It made doing anything at all about all those sensitive documents pretty difficult. Then again, QDogg handled them so well that it would have been difficult either way.

4 or 5? If you did mean 4, my initial answer turned out to be wrong, as the riddle explicitly stated that the accused said something.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what was everyone's requirements for victory? Laurent's was simply to escape at first, but later he also had to stop all the SSF documents going public.

It was Question 5, as you've figured out. My answer (I think) turned out to be correct, but it was more complicated to a silly degree.

My victory conditions were to discover who set up the Nonary Game and to escape alive.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
The third bit kept me overly paranoid giving away information, but to be fair I guess I had reason to since Dry ended up having an ability to listen in on people, and decided to blow up my spot the moment he heard me.

Yeah I figured it was info everyone should have. Didn't know I put you in danger. Sorry! :larry:

Shit. I basically have the tabs to the main thread and the QT open at all times so I remember to check out the game and I usually stay pretty active when everything's good. Until chrome started messing up so I closed it and I completely forgot to re-open the tabs...Quite sorry to Dry for making him lose his win condition, but I mean my death was kind of awesome, I was a bit of a martyr and it was cool for me and Bishop to die together...until Bishop used the damn adrenaline shot on himself...
Anyways, I really enjoyed this game and I feel like the characters were written well and my power, which I only used once, was still pretty cool.
And Pigeon is back! If I was active, I would have definitely posted something like "Persephone turned in her grave, as something went off in Pigeon's head. It wasn't the morphogenetic field, no. It was something much, much stronger than that: the true power of beauty." It's pretty amazing when I can role play a character and then have that dude show up 50 years later, here's to more of that fun stuff.
But yeah I'm excited for the next game and I'll have to find a way to make sure my tabs stay open...

Sleeping is my life.

Hey, don't go beating yourself over this, Jumpy!

At least Dry got the dirt on us, however I won't be going to prison. That's because I joined SOIS in my ending. My esper powers will be useful to SOIS. XD

Gettin' Old!

Yeah was getting worried something horrible had happened to you Jumpy.

Thought it'd be awful if I killed off your character then it turned out you had actually died or something ugh.

Anyways yeah I figured Pigeon was the best to bring back (its only been a bit over 25 years since the last game though). He has Esper powers and was basically the Junpei of the last game.

The powers were tricky, I wanted the game to be as far from vanilla as possible so I wanted everyone to have something to do between phases. Its why I brought in the basic action system. In hindsight I would have tweaked bits and bobs (like the timing on steal actions limited its usefulness) but hey it was just a test.

On reflection I should have nerfed Dry's character or made his goal harder.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pierre wrote:
On reflection I should have needed Dry's character or made his goal harder.

For those wondering, in addition to the Grand Receiver ("Ultimate Snooping") ability, I had an empowered Watch-- when I used Watch I was allowed an additional action, which could be another watch. I made the joke in my QT that I was going cross-eyed every phase from keeping an eye on two different people.

Gettin' Old!

MechaQdogg wrote:
Pierre wrote:
On reflection I should have needed Dry's character or made his goal harder.

For those wondering, in addition to the Grand Receiver ("Ultimate Snooping") ability, I had an empowered Watch-- when I used Watch I was allowed an additional action, which could be another watch. I made the joke in my QT that I was going cross-eyed every phase from keeping an eye on two different people.

I meant nerfed xP bloody autocorrect.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

jumpfight5 wrote:
Quite sorry to Dry for making him lose his win condition, but I mean my death was kind of awesome, I was a bit of a martyr and it was cool for me and Bishop to die together...until Bishop used the damn adrenaline shot on himself...

It was such a fitting ending that I had considered that it might have been deliberate XD

Pierre wrote:
The powers were tricky, I wanted the game to be as far from vanilla as possible so I wanted everyone to have something to do between phases. Its why I brought in the basic action system. In hindsight I would have tweaked bits and bobs (like the timing on steal actions limited its usefulness) but hey it was just a test.

I sure felt like a vanilla character in comparison to everyone else :p Once my adrenaline shot was stolen all I had was a QT with Penta, and then once I was handcuffed I couldn't even make use of the more interesting basic actions XD

Beware of the Dog

Hell, Dry had even paranormal abilities? I had no idea! And I thought being able to watch two people at a time and being in league with an Esper prodigy would be much more than enough...
We're really cool secret service people, we can't even protect our own communication!

Gettin' Old!

I figured his ability was appropriate for a private investigator.

Viki you should check your QT.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Beware of the Dog

Pierre wrote:

I did, what's wrong with my QT?

Gettin' Old!

Pierre wrote:

I did, what's wrong with my QT?

:nick-sweat: I asked you a question in it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Beware of the Dog

I can't see anything I'd call a question. Are you sure that you have sent it?

Gettin' Old!

Sent again just in case.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Was Danny meant to be Jamie's son? Jamie seems to be the only other guy Queen ever really mentioned.

Sleeping is my life.

I don't think so. Danny is Queen's son. Jamie was the one Queen cared for before he hatched his plan of this Nonary Game.

Jamie didn't so much as know who Danny was. Danny helped get us resources when we lived as hermits, but Jamie never met him.

Danny's father is unambiguous/unimportant. I was never told that.

Gettin' Old!

A fair few more endings and Personal QT's are up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Wow, Sarah sure moved up in the world XD

I've felt worse.

So the FBI's investigation into SSF probably fails yet again, and Laurent continues his "research" even if his company is under more suspicion.
Good job, traitor Regina.
Also, what year did this take place in? The New York Herald stopped using that name since 1924.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Page 2 of 3 [ 93 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus