Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 2[ 41 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nonary Game 5 Cancelled ;-;Topic%20Title

Yes, this is very soon after the *technical* conclusion to the last game but I won't have a chance to run another for about half a year otherwise. If people aren't interested, then I suppose the sign-ups won't be filled :/

Some small notes (will add to these if anyone has more questions):

-Once again, everybody's getting a backstory that connects to the larger mystery
-The mystery will be more in the vein of Nonary Game 4 than 3
-The safe/puzzle aspects will be included for the puzzle rooms (probably not as good puzzles though :p )
-It will be difficult/impossible for any large group of people to win this. This game will encourage backstabbing more than the others

Agree to Neo-MAMA before signing up

Spoiler: Neo-MAMA
I understand and agree that by participating in the game:

All actions made in the game must adhere to the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play. All in-game actions are towards the in-game victory. All actions expressed in the game are without insult, ill-will, harmful intent, or personal grudges. Furthermore, any outside alliances, friendships, or other relationships will not affect any of my decisions in the game.

During any game, the Game Master's (and/or co-GM's and/or proxy GM's) judgments regarding the game are final, and not subject to review. This is excepted ONLY when a forum rule is broken, or under very extreme circumstances. All cases will be assessed and processed by CR staff members only. In these exceptions, the staff decision is then final.

The use of meta-game methods for collecting and disseminating information is grounds for penalization. This majorly includes (but isn't limited to):

Screenshots of game-related content.
Creating/using a secondary account.
Using non-players to aid you.
Threatening, extorting, bribing, or otherwise forcing/buying the behaviour of any party involved in a game to influence the outcome of a game.
Reading restricted conversation areas. (Includes, not limited to: Dead/Spectator Thread, QuickTopics, other player's role PM's, etc.)

Pursuing my primary victory condition takes precedence over everything else. If even the slightest chance of victory for my faction remains, I must pursue it for all I'm worth. I will always pursue the victory of myself or my faction and will not knowingly and/or willingly assist other factions, unless it does not interfere with my chances of victory. I will make no attempts, through any action or inaction, to knowingly hinder the efforts of myself or others within my faction to achieve victory.

I will not, through any action or inaction, attempt to ruin the game's experience for others. I will not be arrogant in victory, nor contemptuous in defeat. I will be respectful toward all other players of any background and skill level.

The utilization of means to circumvent the phrasing of this agreement will be considered a violation. Anything determined to violate the spirit of this agreement is subject to penalties on par with a violation of any of the specific directives.

If for any reason it is determined that I am in violation of the NEO-MAMA, I understand that I will be penalized for my actions with or without warning, inclusive of being expelled from current and/or future games.
If you are incapable of abiding by this agreement, do not play the game.
NONARY GAMEPLAY RULES

All participants must agree to the NEO-MAMA in order to play any and all rounds of Nonary Games
All round-specific requests (power usage, item usage, affiliating, etc.) must be sent to the Game Master via private message. The use of instant messaging clients to request is forbidden.
Living players may not directly quote any messages they receive from the Game Master without their express consent.
Game Masters reserve the right to remove any player from their game at any time, for any reason they wish.

LIFE, DEATH, & ACTIVITY RULES

Living players may not view or post within the Dead Thread, and dead players may not post in the Living Thread. You must immediately contact the GM or a member of the staff if you have the ability to break this rule.
You may not, as a dead player/spectator, reveal round-specific information to living players.
Signing up for a round and being inactive will not be tolerated. Players are removed from a game after a duration of its GM's choosing, which cannot exceed 72 hours to maintain site efficiency.
The abuse of thread access to indiscriminately post irrelevant bulk messages is not allowed. However, you're not required to remain completely on-topic all the time. The more amusing you are, the more lenience you'll receive.

Game will start at everyone's convenience

Sign-ups:
1. Slezak
2. Rioichi
3. KamiPanda
4. sumguy
5. MechaQDogg
6. Franzise
7. jumpfight
8. Burnmad
9. Nanjo

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Re: Nonary Game: Are You Smarter than a 5th Zero?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Hmm just so you know.

Most of the puzzles in my game probably weren't considered too hard by folks, in fact across both games I think I only had one person fail a puzzle, everyone else just didn't answer or got it right.

Also what do you mean by the mystery will be more like 3's than 4's?

Feel free to put me down for now. I agree to the Neo-Mama. I'll just need to get a mosey on with GF's endings so I don't get swamped.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

From what I can intercepts of what JM is saying.... He's saying that the mystery will be more like Nonary Game 4 than Nonary Game 3. At least that's what I can make of his statements.

Also, count me in! I already read the NEO-MAMA.

I hope I won't get number 4 again. I want to be a different number this time around. XD

Shy guy

Sign me up! I agree to the NEO-MAMA.

It might be useful to inform people in the 4th game's post-game thread. I'm not sure everyone regularly checks outside of the threads they're subscribed to.

I've felt worse.

In. NEO-MAMA.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I'd like to be in. Also I agree to the NEO-MAMAMAMAMA

EDIT: I guess technically I agree to the NEO-MAMA then I'd like to sign up?

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This probably isn't good for my mental health but screw it you only live once

Neo-MAMA

I agree to mama

hope this game is nutritious

Pierre wrote:
Hmm just so you know.

Most of the puzzles in my game probably weren't considered too hard by folks, in fact across both games I think I only had one person fail a puzzle, everyone else just didn't answer or got it right.

Sorry, shouldn't have said "easier", they'll be the same/harder. I was planning on getting them online so the solutions would be easy to look up. It would pretty much just rely on honor system

Though I did just remember that I got some riddle cards as a birthday present a while back. Some are easy, some are hard. Here's an example

http://i.imgur.com/JSVLxOF.jpg

I'll probably try to pick a difficultly level somewhere between these two cards

A good amount of these riddles are math/science leaning, is that ok with everyone?

Shy guy

Puzzles like that are totally fine by me. Plus, they're fun, too :D

No idea how to use this site (just hopped over from GFAQs), but I'll give it a shot.

I agree to the Neo-MAMA.

I'd already talked to Nanjo about this game ahead of time so I'm gonna consider this tentatively all signed up assuming he has the time to

JesusMonroe wrote:

A good amount of these riddles are math/science leaning, is that ok with everyone?

...I have some experience with science, so that's okay with me if it's okay with you all.

Gettin' Old!

I don't consider myself great at either but whatever I'll give them a shot. I imagine it'll be more time that prevents me solving puzzles rather than difficulty.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Also what do you mean by the mystery will be more like 3's than 4's?

Oh and as Rioichi said, it'll be more like 4's than 3's, though I can't really go into that deeply without spoiling. But it won't be about one essentially central past-mystery like 3's was

I'm confirming that I'm interested.

Also, I agree to the NEO MAMA

Nice! Game will start at some point Friday-Sunday

Gettin' Old!

Actually fair-warning, I'm going on a family holiday next week to Spain. I'm unlikely (also unwilling most likely) to be able to access the internet from this time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

When will we get our role PMs? If you don't mind me asking, that is.

Pierre wrote:
Actually fair-warning, I'm going on a family holiday next week to Spain. I'm unlikely (also unwilling most likely) to be able to access the internet from this time.

Hmmm, ok. Should I get a replacement?

@Rioichi closer to game start

Sleeping is my life.

Gotcha, JM.

Regarding Pierre's situation, I think we know just the person who will be the replacement, right? Slezak, if that's who we're thinking of.

The next person who signs up?

Edit: Ah, sorry. Misread that
Re: Nonary Game 5 (Replacement Needed)Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

can i play
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Rioichi Cooper wrote:
Gotcha, JM.

Regarding Pierre's situation, I think we know just the person who will be the replacement, right? Slezak, if that's who we're thinking of.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I won't miss my chance this time. However, I hate to celebrate off of Pierre's circumstances... Still, I'll jump on this while I can.

But I agree to the NEO-MAMA and wish to sign up as the first substitute. If Pierre decides I can take his spot, then so be it.

EDIT: Darnit. :ron: Okay Bad Player, you can be ahead of me. I'll replace for anyone else should something come up.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

1000% Knight

np np lemme just go unjustly ban someone real quick

also i have finals so you can do it

dibs on a slot in nonary game 6 tho

Screw studying for finals! Just access the Morphogenetic Field.

Seriously though, you beat me to the punch so you do have first dibs (though I did properly sign up and agree to the NEO-MAMA while you just asked if you could play.)
100% pure Joy.

Gettin' Old!

:nick-sweat:

Before all of that I'd have appreciated trying to bargain to pause the game a bit (or just play without me) but I suppose fair is fair. If you want to replace me for it go ahead.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

How long's the holiday for?

Gettin' Old!

7th back on the 14th still it's ok. I've got enough on my plate just now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
:nick-sweat:

Before all of that I'd have appreciated trying to bargain to pause the game a bit (or just play without me) but I suppose fair is fair. If you want to replace me for it go ahead.

Oh, I'm sorry. My summer classes start in May so I wanted to make sure to get the game going before then so this didn't overlap with school too much. I'd be willing to delay the game or day or something for a player but considering this game will only last 1-2 weeks (hopefully), missing a week of the game is 50% or more of it and a long time to delay

Though I wasn't taking you off the player list, Slezak'll just be your replacement for when you drop the game. You can still start the game (and possibly finish)

Shy guy

1-2 weeks, really? Even with puzzles and everything?

Yes, phase change will be every 24 hours

Edit: though I may possibly change that to 48 to help out those in highly different time zones

Sleeping is my life.

Yeah, two days sounds reasonable. It'll give us more time to plan out our actions.

Gettin' Old!

Nah don't worry about me, it'll be better for consistency if Slezak takes the full experience.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ok, got it

Thank you very much for considering me and thank you Pierre for being honest. Seems like delaying the game's out of the question so I'm sorry you can't play.

Of course, I still wonder: Bad Player did inquire about playing before I'd posted. Shouldn't he be considered before I am? Even if he did say he had finals, it still seems like he was interested in playing.
100% pure Joy.

I'll keep BadPlayer on as a substitute

Aaaaaand this is embarrassing but I think I'm gonna have to cancel this. Some stuff I'm going to have to handle this week popped up and I really won't have the time to run this anytime in the near future

Sorry, all
Re: Nonary Game 5 Cancelled ;-;Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

Well, there's always the far future :P

If you don't think that'll work, though, if you have all the GM documents already typed up and stuff though, I could run it.
Re: Nonary Game 5 Cancelled ;-;Topic%20Title

Thanks, but I don't have them typed up. That was the plan for today

So the game is postponed until TBD for now. Someone can run their own Nonary Game 5 in the meantime if they wish
Page 1 of 2 [ 41 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus