Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 2[ 51 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nonary Game 5 Recruitment ThreadTopic%20Title

Shy guy

After many delays, I've finally had the time to finish this up, so here it is! I'm looking for 9 people to take part in a new nonary game. (This one will be number 5 as JesusMonroe's was cancelled.)

Something important to note when considering joining is that this game will be a lot more puzzle heavy than usual (because I went a tad overboard - if I ever do another one of these, it's gonna be much simpler). So please do keep that in mind - if you're not a puzzle fan, you may end up a little behind the others.

Additionally, a reasonably high level of engagement is required. That is, you likely won't get by if you only come here once a week, say. I don't know how much of an issue that is - it was fine for the fourth nonary game, my experiences are mostly based off of another forum which is rather inactive.

Lastly, the characters are all somewhat pre-defined, with back-stories and sometimes even specifics as to their personality, usually because it relates to said back-story. You'll generally be able to talk and act as you wish, however. As an example, a character may be a young teacher who's usually quite cheerful. You'd be able to play them as you like as long as it's reasonable given their general disposition, so in this case just keep in mind that they aren't usually grumpy and moody.

If you're okay with these requirements and wish to join, please read through the MAMA and make sure you agree with it all.

Spoiler: Neo-MAMA
I understand and agree that by participating in the game:

All actions made in the game must adhere to the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play. All in-game actions are towards the in-game victory. All actions expressed in the game are without insult, ill-will, harmful intent, or personal grudges. Furthermore, any outside alliances, friendships, or other relationships will not affect any of my decisions in the game.

During any game, the Game Master's (and/or co-GM's and/or proxy GM's) judgments regarding the game are final, and not subject to review. This is excepted ONLY when a forum rule is broken, or under very extreme circumstances. All cases will be assessed and processed by CR staff members only. In these exceptions, the staff decision is then final.

The use of meta-game methods for collecting and disseminating information is grounds for penalization. This majorly includes (but isn't limited to):

Screenshots of game-related content.
Creating/using a secondary account.
Using non-players to aid you.
Threatening, extorting, bribing, or otherwise forcing/buying the behaviour of any party involved in a game to influence the outcome of a game.
Reading restricted conversation areas. (Includes, not limited to: Dead/Spectator Thread, QuickTopics, other player's role PM's, etc.)

Pursuing my primary victory condition takes precedence over everything else. If even the slightest chance of victory for my faction remains, I must pursue it for all I'm worth. I will always pursue the victory of myself or my faction and will not knowingly and/or willingly assist other factions, unless it does not interfere with my chances of victory. I will make no attempts, through any action or inaction, to knowingly hinder the efforts of myself or others within my faction to achieve victory.

I will not, through any action or inaction, attempt to ruin the game's experience for others. I will not be arrogant in victory, nor contemptuous in defeat. I will be respectful toward all other players of any background and skill level.

The utilization of means to circumvent the phrasing of this agreement will be considered a violation. Anything determined to violate the spirit of this agreement is subject to penalties on par with a violation of any of the specific directives.

If for any reason it is determined that I am in violation of the NEO-MAMA, I understand that I will be penalized for my actions with or without warning, inclusive of being expelled from current and/or future games.
If you are incapable of abiding by this agreement, do not play the game.
NONARY GAMEPLAY RULES

All participants must agree to the NEO-MAMA in order to play any and all rounds of Nonary Games
All round-specific requests (power usage, item usage, affiliating, etc.) must be sent to the Game Master via private message. The use of instant messaging clients to request is forbidden.
Living players may not directly quote any messages they receive from the Game Master without their express consent.
Game Masters reserve the right to remove any player from their game at any time, for any reason they wish.

LIFE, DEATH, & ACTIVITY RULES

Living players may not view or post within the Dead Thread, and dead players may not post in the Living Thread. You must immediately contact the GM or a member of the staff if you have the ability to break this rule.
You may not, as a dead player/spectator, reveal round-specific information to living players.
Signing up for a round and being inactive will not be tolerated. Players are removed from a game after a duration of its GM's choosing, which cannot exceed 72 hours to maintain site efficiency.
The abuse of thread access to indiscriminately post irrelevant bulk messages is not allowed. However, you're not required to remain completely on-topic all the time. The more amusing you are, the more lenience you'll receive.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Signups:
1. Hanzo Shimada
2. Bad Player
3. Cesar Zero
4. Pierre
5. sumguy28
6. Doctor Nanjo
7. Southern Corn
8. Franzise Deauxnim
9. Datamatt

Last edited by KamiPanda on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Re: Nonary Game 5 Recruitment ThreadTopic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

Wow, didn't think someone would be able to carry the flag to continues the Nonary Game series.

Anyway, I'm in and I agree to the MAMA!

1000% Knight

Good thing I checked the forum, can't let myself miss another round of this.

/MAMA
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Oh hell why not, I'm probably gonna have more time for this one now.

/in /Neo-MAMA
Signature loading, please wait...

Gettin' Old!

Oh hellz yeah! Been reminiscing about the one I ran too an all.

Though I'm terrible at puzzles I'm happy to sign up. I also agree to the Mama
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

Oh, just so you know, I shot two people a PM telling them about this. Hopefully we'll hear from them.

Gettin' Old!

BRB overcome with nostalgia, reviewing the last nonary game endings.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER, SHARPE! JAMIE SHALL HAVE HIS VENGEANC-

Uh I mean I'm in and agree to the MAMA.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Shy guy

Wow you guys work fast :D I only went away for a few hours and there are already this many replies.

Alright well, sign me up.

I agree to the NEO-MAMA.

Hopefully, I can defend my title on my two-game winning streak.

(which sounds pretty small until you consider that it's the largest winning streak in CR nonary game history)

Happy Maria

I've never actually played one of these before. Ah,but I suppose it is a learning experience. I'm in,and I have agreed to my new mom.

Gettin' Old!

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Alright well, sign me up.

I agree to the NEO-MAMA.

Hopefully, I can defend my title on my two-game winning streak.

(which sounds pretty small until you consider that it's the largest winning streak in CR nonary game history)

Heh there's only been 4
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Okay so I thought there was something fishy about my statistic, and it turns out I was right. Franzise has a 3-game streak. I just assumed that the legendary CRNG2 inferno ended everyone's winning streak.

Anyway, I'm very excited for this either way. I've been trying to write a nonary game too, but I've found it really tough to make one that has just the right amount of complexity. I keep oscillating between mysteries that are uninteresting to solve and ones that are impossible to play.

Gettin' Old!

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Okay so I thought there was something fishy about my statistic, and it turns out I was right. Franzise has a 3-game streak. I just assumed that the legendary CRNG2 inferno ended everyone's winning streak.

Anyway, I'm very excited for this either way. I've been trying to write a nonary game too, but I've found it really tough to make one that has just the right amount of complexity. I keep oscillating between mysteries that are uninteresting to solve and ones that are impossible to play.

Never forget the great explosive fires of Nonary Game Two.

Not the greatest moment for me, Mama was tested and failed at certain points
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Doctor Nanjo wrote:

I'm uncertain as to how well this one's going to work with regards to the story/mystery and actually playing it. In the end I decided that I should do it anyway and get practical experience from it.

KamiPanda wrote:
I'm uncertain as to how well this one's going to work with regards to the story/mystery and actually playing it. In the end I decided that I should do it anyway and get practical experience from it.

Yo fair enough, even if it has some shortcomings, it'll still be great to get a game running again after nearly a year. And yeah, I can imagine that running one will help you understand what will work and how to make things work. I think there's something really daunting about running a Nonary Game in the post-CRNG3 world. JM sort of blew the top off of what could be done. I didn't fully understand my winning objective until like the last two days of the game or something, and I easily could have missed it had I not been as active as the role required me to be.

Shy guy

Yeah, I'm definitely not going for that level of personal objectives XD At least not this time. Maybe if I ever try another I'll focus more on that sort of thing.

Gettin' Old!

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:

Yo fair enough, even if it has some shortcomings, it'll still be great to get a game running again after nearly a year. And yeah, I can imagine that running one will help you understand what will work and how to make things work. I think there's something really daunting about running a Nonary Game in the post-CRNG3 world. JM sort of blew the top off of what could be done. I didn't fully understand my winning objective until like the last two days of the game or something, and I easily could have missed it had I not been as active as the role required me to be.

Heartbreaking moment when CRNG3 blows his mind...

but not CRNG4

/criesincorner

Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

considering the inaba white rabbit avatar, i'm already expecting max troll/frustration level
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Shy guy

Bad Player wrote:
considering the inaba white rabbit avatar, i'm already expecting max troll/frustration level

:D

Shy guy

By the way, I don't seem to be getting notifications from this thread. Is that an issue at the moment, or just me? It'd be quite annoying if I can't get notifications from the game thread itself.

I ask in part because I am considering posting in the last post-game thread to notify players from that game in case they'd want to join.

Gettin' Old!

KamiPanda wrote:
By the way, I don't seem to be getting notifications from this thread. Is that an issue at the moment, or just me? It'd be quite annoying if I can't get notifications from the game thread itself.

I ask in part because I am considering posting in the last post-game thread to notify players from that game in case they'd want to join.

Could do, or you could try fishing around the Gamefaqs section where I ran the last game in order to get players.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Ah, that's true.

Would it be alright with you if I post this in the ZE subreddit to see if there is anyone interested there?

Pierre wrote:
Heartbreaking moment when CRNG3 blows his mind...

but not CRNG4

/criesincorner

I actually have no idea what your game was like from a mystery perspective because I knew pretty much everything. Regina was a very different role from Damian.

Happy Maria

This is going to be really tricky for me, since I've never touched a Zero Escape game in my life. I just realised that. Oh well, I guess I'll see where this goes now.

Shy guy

Cesar Zero wrote:
Would it be alright with you if I post this in the ZE subreddit to see if there is anyone interested there?

Oh, please do. If you're going to do that first, I'll hold back on trying other places just yet - there are only two spots to fill.

Southern Corn wrote:
This is going to be really tricky for me, since I've never touched a Zero Escape game in my life. I just realised that. Oh well, I guess I'll see where this goes now.

That should be fine, I think that's been the case for people in past games here as well.

Posted it on the subreddit. It has been ignored for a while now but maybe there are just not that many people browsing the sub yet.

Shy guy

Well, thank you for posting it in any case. We can wait on that for maybe a day before trying something else.

Hanzo, what's the status of the people you asked?

Sleeping is my life.

Well, Doctor Nanjo responded and posted in this thread. The other one.... Well, this is complicated... Slezak haven't been online for almost a month. Does anyone know if he's doing okay?

Shy guy

Last game he said he missed out simply due to not checking the forums regularly. I don't know how active he is elsewhere, but it's been a little over a year since the fourth game began. So he may just be inactive at the moment.

Sleeping is my life.

True, but I don't know where on the Internet I can track him down and tell him that there's a Nonary Game going on in CR. I didn't want him to miss out the fun...

Shy guy

If notifications are working, he'd get an email. Do PMs send notifications? I know subscribed threads are supposed to, but as I said, that isn't working for me.

Oh shit I'm in Neo-MAMA

and what're you guys talking about, there was no second nonary game

Southern Corn wrote:

Just learn how to calculate digital roots, and you've got all that you'll need.

Seriously though, if you read some of the last game ran by Pierre, I think you've got all you need for this one.

Welp, seems like the reddit post attracted at least one person. Hopefully we will see them in this thread later...

Shy guy

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

Just learn how to calculate digital roots, and you've got all that you'll need.

Seriously though, if you read some of the last game ran by Pierre, I think you've got all you need for this one.

I don't believe there even is a single digital root in this one.

Also there aren't even bracelets oh snap what

Cesar Zero wrote:
Welp, seems like the reddit post attracted at least one person. Hopefully we will see them in this thread later...

Woooo!

They just said they will be making an account in about 12 hours so...mission accomplished?

Shy guy

Yeah, definitely. Thanks again for doing that.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Hi! I come from the reddit thread Cesar Zero made. It took some time to make an account on my phone and I still need to finish it, but it works for now. I've read the MAMA and I agree to it. Sign me up.
Page 1 of 2 [ 51 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus