Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 4 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Introduction)Topic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

Iota sighed as he decided to vote for Cube's proposal. Once he have done that, he crossed his arms once again.

Gettin' Old!

Marley glared at the panel "Makes no matter to me," he said punching in a vote for Cube's proposal.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

[Currently votes seem 5 out of 9 at least in favour of Cube's proposal. I'll be moving the phase change forwards to 12:00 GMT tomorrow, a time which I'll likely use for all other phase changes, as people will have all gone to bed while I'm just waking up - activity will have dropped, in other words, and I'll have time to write up everything without getting tangled in conversations.]

[There wasn't much choice this time around with regards to door combination proposals, especially as no-one has yet to have much reason to want a specific room/group. However, the next time this comes around it would be useful to state your choice in

Large, clear text.

In this way the decision is formalised and I can add it to a running tally. You're free to change your mind as often as you wish, but if you do so make sure your new choice is again stated largely and clearly.]

Happy Maria

[Fine with me.]

Gettin' Old!

(Makes sense...also crap I'm asleep at that time.)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No other way than to make this mistake.

(That's fine with me, I'm gonna be up at that time.)

The burly man rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Well, it was worth a shot. Yes, I'm Turbo, the current WWC World Heavyweight Champion."

Turbo cleared his throat. "You'll have to excuse me for not being my usual bombastic self. It's a little tough being in the promo-cutting mood considering the current circumstances." or I'm just way too slow typing one up, either or

He then keyed a vote for Cube's proposal into his seat's display.

"Yeah, I'm voting for my own proposal, in case that wasn't obvious" he said, as he sat down and put his vote in the electronic display. He then addressed the other players: "So, while we're at it....neither the Turbo guy nor Chanel have told us a whole lot, huh?" He was staring at them, for some reason. "Say, neither of you have said what year you think it is or whatever, or what you were doing before being brought here." He said, and then kept quiet with an uncharacteristically uneasy look for him.

(I'm fine with the proposed phase change time btw.)
Signature loading, please wait...

Sleeping is my life.

"Well, about this Turbo fellow... I don't know him. At least from the year I'm supposedly from." Iota called out from his seat, arms still crossed. "If you don't mind me asking.... Who's Turbo? You said he was a wrestler."

She turned to Iota, surprised he didn't hear about Turbo.

"You didn't hear about him? Ever? Huh.. weird.

Anyway, as he said, he's the current WWC World Heavyweight Champion. He's basically world known at this point - he's really famous. All over the media and shit."

She then turned to Turbo. "I actually wanted to ask something. Is your bombastic personality an act you put up for the media? Not judging you, by the way. Just curious."

Chanel, now sitting properly in the uncomfortable 5 chair, looks to Cube and gives an apathetic thumbs-up.

"Okay then, my last memory was arriving at my home after an exhausting day at work, and the year was 2069. I am 31 years old, as far as I know."

"Anyway, we seem to mostly be numbered chronologically if you pay attention. P1 is from 2060, P3 is from 2064, P4 from 2066, I'm from 2069, you're from 2070, and P9 is from 2100," Chanel adds.

"I definitely don't think that's really proof of anything in particular, but it's what I've been thinking about."

"That would mesn that either we're in a time period after 2100 or we have fake memories. Neither sound very convincing or slightly reassuring.." She sighed.

Sleeping is my life.

"Well, Chanel, if what you said about our years being numbered chronologically is true... Then that mean..... One of us lied about their current year. And I think it's obvious who's the liar here." Iota said as he eyed the only culprit guilty of lying.... Kappa.

"What if Kappa isn't from 1943 as he claimed he was? What if he was from somewhere between whatever year N is from and 2100?" Iota asked the others.

"If Kappa is lying about the year he remembers then it doesn't make much sense. Why woild you lie about that?"

Sleeping is my life.

"Well, there's only one explanation for that. If we takes Kappa's last memory into account, then it doesn't add up. If time travel is possible, then Zero wouldn't be able to take Kappa from 1943. Because, remember what Kappa told us about the last thing he remember. He was flying a plane in the war. Then he was shot down. And then his plane was crashing down. Meaning that when Zero came to get Kappa, he would be already dead as a result of his plane crashing into the ground. There's no way anyone can survive a plane crash back in 1943! ..... Unless you're willing to say that Kappa just got lucky and survived the plane crash." Iota explained. "But then, that wouldn't make sense, because Kappa would at least remember surviving the plane crash."

"You have a point I can't refute. That seems to be a good reason.." Tetra pondered.

"But it doesn't really make sense for us either. We have no recollection of being kidnapped or gassed or knocked out. All we know is that we turned around and found ourselves here, which means we can't trust our memories, especially since we can't agree on one predefined date." She explained.

"But this is futile thinking, considering we have no evidence. I suppose we're all Zero's toys right now."

Gettin' Old!

Marley clicked his tongue and made a negative "EH-EH" noise in response to Chanels theory.

"Yeah our vet here kinda defies the chronological theory, still I been around my fair share of the mentally ill. Could be the lad is just deluded." Marley gave Kappa a sympathetic look. "That or the folks towards the end of our time scale are jus' liars, since I'm pretty sure time travel don't exist." He added casually lighting another cigarette.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Well I think an even more glaring issue with what I just said is the fact that we would know if Turbo was actually abducted in 2061/2062 considering he's extremely famous. The media would not let him quietly fade away, but I don't recall any big story about him disappearing either, not like I'm much into sports, but still," Chanel admits.

"As for why we all remember different years, haven't you ever heard of cryogenic stasis? It's been achieved and utilized in specific situations even if it's not exactly widespread. It could be that each of us were abducted, admitted to this facility, and frozen for preservation."

Chanel thinks for a second and adds, "I don't want to throw undue suspicion onto Kappa, it's possible that the P number is the order in which we were admitted here, and not necessarily when we were frozen."

Sleeping is my life.

Did Marley just called Iota a liar? A liar, really? Iota feels so tempted to punch Marley in the face, but he decided not to.

Iota was about to call out Chanel on her reasoning, but realized she made a good point. "I suppose you got a point there." He admitted, deciding to let the matter slide.

"I don't think Kappa's lying, at least not intentionally." Turbo shook his head. "Remember, he was the first one to bring up the year; why would he lie about something ludicrous like that?

"As for me, the last I remember it was 2063."

Sleeping is my life.

"Ugh, that stupid Zero! He damn better be screwing with us!" Iota remarked as he crossed his arms once again.

"Really, Turbo? Wow. Okay then. I'm not sure you'll be disappointed to know this or not, but there really wasn't a public outcry in 2063. I wonder if your disappearance was covered up somehow in the media?" Chanel ponders.

Gettin' Old!

"Or people are lying" Marley added in a singsong voice.

"Prob'ly too soon to make any calls is what I'm sayin'. Coulda drugged us and done false memory stuff to rig us the wrong way for all we know." Marley said relieved he still had his cigarettes.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Door Phase)Topic%20Title

Chanel taps her chair impatiently as she waits for the doors to permit them.

"Okay, let me try an exercise to pass a little time. Add your age to what year you think it is."

Sleeping is my life.

Iota pondered over what Chanel said... "I'm not sure what you're getting at here, Chanel..."

"Well I just noticed that we also seem to be ordered according to our age as well. Iota, you're the youngest, and Marley's clearly the oldest."

"Not only that, but I was just wondering if everyone had the same sum. Marley is about 40, and he's from 2060, Turbo looks like he could be 37, and he's from 2063, Trinity I'm not too sure about, Tetra looks like she could be 34, I know I'm 31, Cube looks like he's 30, and N hasn't said what year she's from but I'm willing to guess it's 2072 or 2073 at this point."

"I have no idea what I'm getting at, but that's what I've noticed."

Sleeping is my life.

He then pondered over what Chanel said. He took in the ages of the players, including himself, and the years they think they're in. And then not a moment later....

"WAIT! WAIT! WAIT JUST A MINUTE HERE!" Iota shouted, having discovered his 'aha' moment. "Thank you, Chanel, for the tip."

Iota stood up from his chair to declare to the others about what he just discovered.

"It's all thanks to Chanel that I was able to deduce that Kappa was not telling the truth about what year he really think it is." Iota started explaining his reasoning. "Now if we take in the ages of the players, and the years they think it is. Then it'll show us the truth."

What do we know so far:
Age + What Year they think it is =

1. 40 + 2060 = 2100
2. ??? + 2063 = ???
3. ??? + 2064 = ???
4. 34 + 2066 = 2100
5. 31 + 2069 = 2100
6. 30 + 2070 = 2100
7. 27 + ??? = ???
8. ??? + ??? = ???
9. 18 + 2100 = 2118

"However, as you can see here, the solution for each of these equations is 2100. That's the answer right there. Assuming that's the case here... Then why don't we solve these equations for the unknown variables."

2. ??? + 2063 = 2100
2100 - 2063 = 37
Final Answer:
37 + 2063 = 2100

3. ??? + 2064 = 2100
2100 - 2064 = 36
Final Answer:
36 + 2064 = 2100

7. 27 + ??? = 2100
2100 - 27 = 2073
Final Answer
27 + 2073 = 2100

"Now, number 8 could be difficult to figure out. But if you recall the conversation between Kappa and Marley at the start of this game. Kappa claims that if it is 2060, then he'll be 141 years old. So, if we subtract his supposedly age from the year. Like this."

2060 - 141 = 1919

"Then we subtracts his birth year from the year he think it is..."

1943 - 1919 = 24.

"So, if that's his actual age then...."

8. 24 + ??? = 2100
2100 - 24 = 2076
Final Answer:
24 + 2076 = 2100

"Now let me address the contradiction that lies in my age and year. Since we haven't found anything that proves that time travel is possible, then that make the equation invalid. So, that could means that the current year is.... 2100. My time." Iota finished explaining.

He then turns to Kappa. "Out with it, Kappa. You're really from 2076, aren't you?!" Iota shouted at Kappa, pointing an finger at him, Ace-Attorney style.

Gettin' Old!

Marley grinned watching the young lad get worked up. "Nice analysis, guess there's definitely something interesting in the numbers there." He said watching Kappa with curiosity.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Chanel laughs, "Alright, well that's a little more extreme than I would have put it, but it does make you wonder, right?"

She peers at the man in combat gear suspiciously, awaiting his response, but when he doesn't immediately reply she starts talking again in her usual, lackadaisical tone.

"Have any of you people ever heard of "Jack?"

Chanel continues assuming no one has, "Anyway, there's these pretty mysterious stories about this figure named "Jack" from World War II. Basically the story is that somehow, long before modern science produced the Cells Alive System, a soldier was frozen and achieved some sort of stasis. People aren't really sure what happened to him, but I like to think he's still around somewhere."

Sleeping is my life.

What Chanel said have gotten Iota's attention. "What's Cells Alive System?" He asked Chanel, curious about what that is all about.

Happy Maria

Kappa shook his head. 'As much as I'd like to agree with you,I can't. I really am from 1943. I was fighting for the axis powers. Why else would I be wearing these clothes,too?' He points at his combat gear. 'As for me suddenly appearing here as my plane crashed...your guess is as good as mine. I really am unsure about that too. I haven't told a single untruth here,promise.'

"Cells Alive System, or CAS, was the premier technology and methodology used in cryogenics in the 2060's, and yeah it seriously worked. People could be frozen and unfrozen in most circumstances unharmed." states Chanel.

"Like I said, maybe we were all frozen that way, but I imagine it would be terrifyingly expensive."

Happy Maria

'Also,there's a contradiction in your argument.',Kappa interjects. 'You. If you claim to be from 2100 and you're eighteen,then the sum of your age and the year you came from is NOT 2100! If that's the case,that renders your hypothesis inconsistent and wrong. So why do you just disregard it by saying time travel isn't possible?'

'And call you tell me about Jack,Ms.Chanel?'

"Oh not really much more than what I've said. It's a pretty old tale at this point, and most accounts aren't super consistent, but I do personally believe in it."

"But yeah, the first person to achieve stasis was this WWII soldier, but people don't know what happened to him, and there's no real further history on him than that."

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded sagely in agreement with Channel "You'd sure need to have a wealthy life to be able to pull something' like that off yeahup." He took a long draw of his cigarette, too long perhaps as Marley burst into a fit of hacking coughs shortly after.

"Hoo 'scuse me, ah'd best be careful. These things'll prob'ly kill me before anything else." He said patting his chest and breathing deep before firmly planting the cigarette back in his mouth.

"Anyways Kappa, I'm wondering where you learned such good English. Seems odd for a rank an file soldier from Japan tobve so fluent. Where did ya learn it?" He asked Kappa.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Really, Kappa? What's the hell is wrong with you....?

Iota closed his eyes and took several deep breaths. "Deep breath... Deep breath... Don't let anger get the best of you... That's what Zero would want to happen." Iota calmly collected his thoughts. Then he thought about what Chanel just said about 'Jack'. Maybe he really is...?

He calmly addressed Kappa. "You're right about you suddenly appearing here when your plane crashed. However, I'm speaking the brutal truth here. You acted so surprised when you saw that our current surroundings is futuristic. The only way you could have acted like that... Is if you were the soldier that was frozen many years ago. 157 years, to be exact. Also, I think you're telling the truth here."

"And my current time is actually 2100. I remember the year I was born. 2082..." Iota said, "As for why I dismissed time travel... It's because cryogenic stasis is possible because back then, you were frozen in time... Just like how Captain America was frozen in time and then he was thawed, many years later, in modern times."

"Not that you would know who Captain America is, Kappa..." Iota added on, as he kept his eyes on the soldier.

Happy Maria

'I wish I knew why or how I knew English,Mr.Marley. I myself have no idea how the language rolls off my tongue. And,honestly....from your description,I do believe I very well may be this Jack.',Kappa admits. 'I have no idea what I'm doing here,just like the rest of you. Well except Zero.'

"Wait wait wait wait. I know something about that.." She looked like she had remembered something now.

"I watch wrestling, and I know for a fact that Turbo never went missing in 2063.. he was still active! Even beyond 2063! I've seen him in many matches even after the supposed date when he disappeared, until I got kidnapped." She then looked at Turbo, hoping she might have made him remember something.

Happy Maria

'What?! So that means....either Turbo is one of the three people who'll escape this place...or Turbo is Zero.' Kappa glances at Turbo apprehensively.

"I don't think it's that extreme.. besides, I don't think a pro wrestler has any incentive to make this kind of insane game."

"It probably means our abduction dates aren't what they actually are."
Page 4 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus