Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Introduction)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Marley shrugged clearly not too fussed "Mebbe dey all drugged us an' messed wi our 'eads. I ain't never been good at tracking the years anyway, lose touch with 'em after a while." he said patting his shirt as if looking for somethin'. "Anyone gotta drink?" he asked earnestly "Seems' the little s**t who put us 'ere took ma flask."

The asian soldier's outburst snapped Marley out of his thoughts "Woah, jus' take it easy buddy. Ah'm sure we'll all figure dis out soon." he said grimacing. Seemed a lot of people hadn't been taking their medication.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

"Sorry about that,Mr.Marley. No,I don't have any water either. "

Suddenly,P8 rethinks what he said. "Wait...different times...? Is the rumour true? Does time travel exist and have we been put here to be guinea pigs for some cruel experiment?"

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Cruel experiment? So far we're literally fiddling our thumbs waiting for something to happen. We can't get out of here unless these doors open and I doubt they're going to open anytime soon.

As for the dates, someone probably messed with our memories somehow. That's the most plausible explanation, I think."

Happy Maria

"Yes...of course. That must be it. But then why are we even here?!" He raises his voice. "HELLO? CAN ANYONE HEAR US?!"

Sleeping is my life.

"Time travel may be possible.... But we haven't found anything that suggests that's the case." The boy pounders over this for a moment, before speaking once more. "But, uh, can we focus on getting out of here instead of worrying about what's the current year?"

Happy Maria

"Hmm...nothing yet. Um,how about we tell each other what we last remember before we were brought here? That may clear up things.", P8 says unsurely.

"I was.. I was.." She mumbled, seemingly pondering over something.

"Yeah, I was sorting through some unimportant documents and then all of a sudden I'm here. I can't explain it at all, this makes no sense whatsoever."

Happy Maria

"I was...um,piloting a plane in the war....fighting....when I was hit. Then I was crashing down,and then suddenly,I wake up here." P8 seems adamant to give more details about what happened. "It's quite strange,really.", he adds.

Sleeping is my life.

"Last thing I remember... I was resting at home, yeah." The boy answered P8's question.

1000% Knight

The woman stands there, listening to the discussion about dates, and now about whatever they were wrapped up in. She thinks a bit about the dates, and after a few moments her frown deepens slightly.

Of course, that's only if they're telling the truth... I mean, all this stuff about being from different years? There's no way that could be true. Especially not the guy from over a century ago. Maybe they're all in on it, trying to set me up. But if they were all in on it, wouldn't they just... do whatever they were going to do to me? But if they aren't, and they're telling the truth, then either I'm locked up with a bunch of crazy people, or... something even crazier is going on.

"...I-It's 2064," the woman finally says, quietly, but with conviction. "And I a-also was just kind of... suddenly here."

((KamiPanda, can you put people's numbers/quick description in the OP? Helps keeping track of everything))
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

"It's quite strange that we all were chosen. We all don't seem to have much in common,except that we were taken by surprise. I wonder why we're here?", he says.

"I was just...doing stuff in my house when I suddenly got here." Said the man. The he turned to P3. "Seriously, another year? Is this some kinda joke?"
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

"I don't know why we were all brought from different years. Especially me,from another century altogether."

P8 then thinks to himself for a bit. Despite being Japanese,he clearly speaks English and quite well too. He wonders why.

1000% Knight

"A-At this point, I sure h-hope it's a joke," the woman mumbles, wrapping her arms around herself.

Gettin' Old!

(Also when do phase changes occur?)

Marley scratched his poorly shaven chin in thought "Lessee, my last memory...." He paused a moment considering it. "Last ah remember, was goin fer a nap in ma usual place." Marley chuckled to himself ''Hey mayhaps dis is all jus' a dream!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"No way this is a joke. Look around. Everything's too well made to be a joke. From the tattoos to the construction of this place to the doors and the keypads."

Happy Maria

"Whether this is a dream or a joke,it's not a good one." P8 tries pinching himself,but nothing happens. "And yeah,everything is too well constructed. This has to be for real."

(And yeah,when are we going to the next phase?)

Shy guy

Bad Player wrote:
((KamiPanda, can you put people's numbers/quick description in the OP? Helps keeping track of everything))

Sure, will do.

Southern Corn wrote:
(And yeah,when are we going to the next phase?)

I didn't have a limit in mind for the first phase, as I wanted to leave time for everyone to speak. We're still waiting on two people, P2 and P5.

Would people rather I interrupt with plot now, or do you want to keep discussing things for a while? I didn't expect things to escalate as much as they did in the introductory phase of all things XD

Happy Maria

(Let's keep discussing things till the other two come at least.)

1000% Knight

((No, it's better to stop because we aren't going to get anywhere, and the less P2/P5 have to read the quicker they'll be able to get into things.))

Shy guy

(Everyone agree? If so I'll start writing my post, during which no-one else should post any more. So post now if you're fine with this.)

Happy Maria

(Fine.)

Gettin' Old!

(Yeah I vote for chillout too but perhaps a little more introduction would be in order?)

Marley drew another cigarette and lit up "Welp, while we're stuck 'ere, may as well get to know each other a little better whaddaya say?" he asked letting out a long puff. "Now you're profession looks as clear as day, son." he told P8 "But ah'm mighty interested in what the rest of ye been doing in all these different times for a livin'." he said relaxing in the chair.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

(I'd rather stop for now. I agree with what Bad Player said.)

(I'd like 2 and 5 to have time to introduce themselves but I guess it would be better to change the phase here.)

(Yeah thanks for that, I was getting kind of daunted by the speed of things)

"Oh, what the hell."

When P9 says the year is 2100, a look of incredulity flashes across the face of the young-adult woman laying across the chair labled "5." Her blond hair is up in a loose bun. She wears a sweater covered with an orange and brown Aztec pattern. Her pants are white.

She raises a hand and with a look of despair says, "I would like to remind everyone which way time moves. If someone thinks it's 2100, it's at least 2100."

"That's my whole life down the drain right there, probably."

Happy Maria

"Oh,yes. The possibility of this even happening is near zero." He gives his hand for her to shake. "Call me P8. Pleased to meet you,Ms..?"

"If different people remember different things then you can't say which is true, especially since we have no access to the outside world. It can be 2600 for all we know." She spoke in a rather serious tone.

"I also doubt anyone would lie in a situation such as this one."

The woman shakes P8's hand. "I'm P5." She thinks for a moment, "I think that should be enough for now."

(I'm having a tough time with an appropriate codename. I'll find one later.)

She retracts her hand.

"I didn't think I had enemies or anything, but now that I'm locked up in this place I'm not too sure anymore. I don't think my real name will help anyone, though."

In response to P4, P5 says "Something someone said already doesn't seem to add up if you've been paying close attention, and I'll leave it at that."

Gettin' Old!

Marley rolled his eyes. "Since yer all so fond o' numbers. Ah got P1 as my stamp" He waved his arm lightly showing a glimpse of the barcode tattoo there. "Take it we all got one ah these?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"I think it's time to begin."

Suddenly, a cold, distorted voice speaks up over the players, cutting them off. It's impossible to get a read on the speaker's voice - it's clearly being put through a voice-alterator of some kind.

"I leave you alone for just a few minutes and already such wonderful ideas are being put forth. Ah, but, I should tell you now that you aren't going to 'escape' from this room, not by any conventional means. So you can stop trying to pry the doors open." Those doing so did so. "Now, where to begin...

"You have all been taken here to participate in a Nonary Game. It is a game of life and death, with preference for the latter." Worried mutterings from the players followed these words, but were again cut off. "You find yourselves in a tower of my own devising. Your aim is to ascend the tower and 'clear' rooms on the way, shall we say, in search of four keys. It is only by using these four keys that you can escape. If you see the tattoos on each of your left wrists, the C refers to the number of floors you have cleared. And as you seem to have surmised, the P identifies player number.

"The room you are in now is the central elevator, which will take you to each floor in turn. Some of these doors around you will open. After meeting the requirements for the doors behind, you may explore the rooms and attempt to find a key if one exists - you will be looking for the Aqua, Fire, Wood and Elec keys, colour coded disks that together, when placed on a certain pedestal, will allow for your 'victory'. But be aware that if you can't escape from the room you are exploring in time, you will be punished.

"Such are the basics of the game you shall play. But, naturally, there is more. While the four keys will allow some players to escape, only one-third may leave. So it is in your best interests to... remove the competition. And one more thing. I walk among you." Everyone glanced about at this, suddenly suspicious of each other player. "You have no one to trust but yourselves. And it is only by your own strengths that any of you can hope to succeed."

These last words were punctuated by the sudden sound of two doors opening, the 'north' and the 'east' doors. Each door had a separate door behind it - presumably the open doors were for the elevator, and the doors behind were for the rooms everyone was to explore. The north door had a picture of two tankards being raised in cheer on it, with "Spirit: 12" written below it. The other door had a similarly-styled picture on it, of an Archimedes Screw this time, and the words "Mind: 12" below.

"Each floor is managed by an Admin - this floor, for example, is managed by Admin #1. They chose the puzzles, the traps, the themes. You may talk to them if you ever have any questions, though they may not always be helpful. As for me, I suppose you could say I'm Admin #0." Or, in short, Zero. "I am the mediator for the game as a whole, and due to my circumstances I can't directly manage any rooms myself - after all, if I'm one of you I can't also be performing Admin duties.

"I do believe that's everything I have to say, for the moment. If you sit down in your respective seats you will find you have a small computer, upon which the rules are written in more detail. I encourage you to read them." With that, the intercom audibly shut off, and beeps could be heard as small computers built into the arms of the chairs lit up.

As stated, each computer contained the rules for the Nonary Game. A quick comparison showed each player had the same rules.

Spoiler: Basic Rules
  1. Ascend the tower!
  2. Clear rooms along the way!
  3. Find the Aqua, Fire, Wood and Elec keys to win the game!
  4. But only one third may leave! Boo hoo...

Spoiler: Door Phase Rules
In the door phase, players must divide themselves into teams such that they meet the requirements of the doors they wish to open. Only the players in the group for a specific door may pass - others will be indiscriminately punished.

Each door's requirement is of the form "Mind: X, Body: Y, Spirit: Z". The codes in brackets on all of your barcodes correspond to these values. To meet a door's requirements, the group must simply have enough of a certain value to equal or exceed that the door requires. Think of it as needing a certain level of combined skill to solve a specific problem. As long as the requirements are met, any group is fine, including extraneous members who are contributing nothing.

You may not perform any 'Actions' during this phase. In fact, you must all remain seated while you select the door you're putting your skills towards.

Spoiler: Room Phase Rules
Rooms will take place in QTs, private from everyone not in the room.

You can periodically state a location to investigate when searching. Along the way you will most likely find puzzles. The first person to solve a puzzle receives the puzzle's reward, should there be one. Note that you will need to solve puzzles in order to escape the room as well.

If you don't escape before the phase change, you will all be punished, so watch out! However, you don't all need to escape - if you feel like leaving someone behind so they get punished, go ahead!

You may each perform one Action per Room Phase. Actions are detailed below.

Spoiler: Actions
Players can perform one Action per room. With the exception of Watch and Watch My Back, Actions can be performed at any point during the exploration.

Watch and Watch My Back must instead be declared at the beginning, before the player does anything in the room itself – it's fine if other players have done anything, however, and you can go as soon as the message of your Action declaration is sent, you don't need to wait for confirmation. These two Actions also come with consequences – if you choose either, you will have lower priority for all puzzles solved in that room, meaning someone else may find the item before you even if you solve the relevant puzzle first.

The possible Actions are:
  • Watch – Keep an eye on someone else, receiving basic information about what they did during this room. Doing so distracts you from your own search, lowering your puzzle priority by 1.
  • Watch My Back – Keep away from everyone else and make sure no-one tries any funny business around you. Doing so distracts you from searching the room, lowering your puzzle priority by 1.
  • Give – Give an item to another player. This can be done covertly – if they aren't Watching, you can slip an item into their inventory without them realising, perhaps to plant evidence.
  • Steal – Take an item from another player. This has to be done covertly, unless they consent. If you don't know what you're trying to steal, you'll get something random; if you try to steal a specific item and they don't have it, you'll get nothing.
  • Whisper – Say something to another player, without anyone else hearing. You can choose to stay anonymous when you do so.
  • Use Item – As it sounds, when you find a free moment and no-one is looking, you use an item you possess. If the item happens to be a weapon, you can try to covertly kill another player with it. Or you could just...
  • Open Kill – Throwing subtly out the window, you try to kill someone directly with whatever you've got. Such a bold action succeeds even if the target is Watching you or their back, but you'll also clearly be seen or heard by everyone else in the room. In addition, there are situations in which the target can resist, fleeing to the others or even fighting back.

[This begins the first Door Phase. Phase change will be on Monday 18:00 GMT - this can be cut short if everyone has voted for their desired combinations and is happy with things as they are.]
[Please do ask if I've missed anything from the rules, or if anything needs to be explained in more detail.]

Gettin' Old!

Marley took a long draw of his cigarette and grimaced "The hell kinda game you playin' f**kface? Why not let us out? And what the hell d'ya mean 'punished' we ain't in kindergarten or somethin'!" He cursed at the ceiling as he reviewed the information on the screen.

Looking at the two doors that opened, his eyes lingered on the two tankards. "Well that's the kind of spirit I can get behind at least. I'm checkin that one out." He chuckled
Made by Chesu+Zombee

P6 froze after hearing the announcement, first looking scared, then going back to looking angry. "What the fuck are you saying?! Who are you? You think we are all stupid enough to play along with some retarded game?" He turned to the other players, waiting for their response.

Sleeping is my life.

The boy listened as the voice explained why they were brought here and the rules of the game.

"Is this your idea of a cruel joke?!" The boy shouted. "You're just leaving us to play your stupid game?!"

He lets out a big sigh, he couldn't believe his eyes for once. This is real, defiantly real.

He turns towards the others. "So, I think we better decide on our codenames right now." He declared to the others. "Since I'm player 9, why don't you call me..."

He contemplated on this for a moment....

"Iota." He finally announced his codename.

1000% Knight

"W-What...?" The voice had suddenly come out over the loudspeaker, and started going on and on about nonsense. The individual words made sense, but the sentences, phrases, paragraphs...

They had to solve puzzles to climb a tower, but only three people would be able to leave?! Once people left, they could get help (not that she wanted to have to rely on that), but you could die before that happened, during the... "game"? That meant that everyone was an enemy... At least until there were three people. But those doors... they needed to go through them together, to get keys. So what the hell was up with this stupid game?! Were they supposed to be working together or not? And this wasn't even getting to Zero's claim about being among them... Was Zero really here, in the room, or was it just a lie to get them to start fighting each other sooner?

The women shook her head. Well, more than it already was. She'd have to be careful about trusting anyone here, but... they needed keys (apparently), and to get them they needed to get through the doors. "I-I don't know how much of all this is t-true, but... there doesn't seem to be a-any other exits, r-right? Unless anyone has any b-better ideas, I t-think the only thing we can do is g-go through the doors."

She lifted her arm and inspected her wrist. "I-I, uh, have two b-body and mind and f-five spirit, so... I guess I should go t-through the spirit door?"

P4 stood silent after the announcement, shaking her head after a few seconds, losing her composure. "What the actual fuck is this?! A life or death game?! And you just think we'll play along? This makes no sense! You're endangering 9 lives for what?!" She looked at the direction where the voice came.

Gettin' Old!

Cigarette finished Marley spat it out in the floor in disgust. He'd need to keep it together, best case scenario it was just a dream. Worst case scenario...well only 3 people were getting out.

The cute blonde spoke up, announcing her numbers. Marley hadn't even thought about the other digits before now. Checking his out he saw:

"M4B1S4, heh mind an spirit...well not too sure about the mind part. So we add these up to make two teams right?" He asked no one in particular.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

She regained her composure and sighed. This shit was real, wasn't it?

She checked her tattoo. "M2B4S3." She then looked at Marley.
"Assuming that what Zero told us is true, then yes. We need to have a number equal or higher of the required component for each door. So if we want to go through the Mind door, we need either 12 or more than 12 'mind points'. I think so, at least."

"Gah. I don't like this at all, but I guess I gotta play along for a bit if I want to get out of here... I have 4 body and spirit and one mind...what the fuck was Zero trying to imply with that?!"

"Just going to throw this out there, the sum of all our points is 9 for each person. Isn't Zero just clever." She scoffed.
Page 2 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus