Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 15 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

Pierre wrote:
Marley's head turned in Fauna's direction. "Y'see pretty confident. Ya mind sharing yer reasoning?" He asked.

"He's clearly hiding something from us. We can't afford to be uncooperative when our lives are on the line." She sank in her chair miserably. "I don't plan on killing him, I just want him to talk."

Sleeping is my life.

A moment of silence passed before Iota speaks up in response to N's claim.

"Alright, I'll only answer questions that you may have for me. If there's a question that make me feels uncomfortable, I will not answer. Are we clear?" Iota explained. "But, you have to be careful here. Remember what Admin Zero said when I asked him what I did do to deserves all this treatment from you guys? There's some people among us that does not want this truth to be revealed and might kill to keep this truth from coming out."

"Oh, and I'd like to apologize for insulting you guys." Iota added on.

"Ok, thank you. How many people did you recognize from the beginning of the game?"

Sleeping is my life.

"Do you want me to be honest with my answer?" Iota asked, expecting Ms. Bettson to clarify.

"If so, I'll answer this one. You. You look like my foster mother.... A little. Except, my foster mother is 54 years old and doesn't have the amber hair color. But, to be honest here, I don't recognize anyone else from the beginning of the game. I didn't know who you are as we never met before the game. Satisfied?" Iota explained.

"Y-Yes." Fauna nervously addresses her next question. "Is amber hair significant to anyone you guys know besides me?"

"Since it's already public, I'd like to say that, counting Turbo, I knew three people by appearance. Cube and Fauna were the other two," Chanel announces.

"Also, I don't have anything to say about amber hair."

Gettin' Old!

Marley raised an eyebrow surprised "YOU know the Caulderwoods? How th'hell do you know Cube from before dia game? Wouldn't exactly expect him to be the kinda people you academic types associate with." He paused and looked over at Cube "No offence pal,"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"We talked about it already. Basically he once almost ran me over in his car on accident. We never spoke, it's just I saw him in the window as I thought I was going to die. You may have forgotten since you were heavily inebriated during that conversation," Chanel says matter-of-factly.

Sleeping is my life.

Iota raised an eyebrow at Ms Bettson's question. "What do you mean by that?"

To Ms. Barre, Iota asked, "Are you implying that Turbo is still doing wrestling matches in your time? Since you and Tetra both knows that Turbo was never abducted in 2063..."

"We talked about this a little already, but yeah. I had no reason to believe anything happened to Turbo until I met him here."

Happy Maria

Jack sighed a little. "From listening to the conversation,I think I've surmised one thing. Mr.Iota is from 2100. Ms.Bettson is from 2073. So there is a 27 year gap between you two. Yet,Mr.Iota thinks that she isn't 100% like his foster mother. But,what if she dyed her hair to what she had in 2100? The ages add up,too. In 2073, Ms.Bettson is 27. So in 27 years,she would be 54. That year is 2100. It all makes sense when you think about it,Mr.Iota. Ms.Bettson is....your foster mother from the past!"

Sleeping is my life.

"..... Wrong, Jack. Ms. Bettson can't be my foster mother, because my foster mother's name is different. That and my foster mother's personality is different from Ms. Bettson's actual personality. I know my foster mother well enough to know that." Iota explained.

Happy Maria

"Mr.Iota,you have to remember that you and Ms.Bettson have 27 years of difference from the time you came. In those 27 years,who knows what could have happened? That's more than enough time for someone to undergo a personality shift,as well as a possible name change."

Gettin' Old!

Marley shrugged "That or he's simply lying and he is Daniel Liddell from years ago trying to pass off as someone else." He suggested eyeing the bottle of wine in his hand longingly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

"From what year would he be,though? He seems to be the youngest of us all,and his age definitely seems to be 18. I believe the Liddell massacre took place during Ms.Tetra's time,which was before he was born. Plus,he definitely recognises Ms.Bettson."

"Marley, you seem awfully eager to push off the moniker of Daniel Liddell on someone else. Wouldn't you be closest to age to the young master? Or are you going to avoid talking about that?" Chanel says caustically to the air in front of her.

Sleeping is my life.

"The Liddell family massacre happened in 2048. Tetra can confirms this fact. In fact, Turbo, Ms. Barre, and I all heard her say that." Iota said. "Oh, right. You wouldn't know that, Jack, because you were dead at that time."

"Oh oops Turbo would be closer," Chanel says with embarrassment.

"It's easy to forget we still know so little about him."

Happy Maria

"Indeed,I was. How old was Mr.Daniel at the time of the massacre?" After Marigold speaks,he nods his head. "In the article we found on Turbo,he was reluctant to talk about his past. He said it was he started from the bottom but rose to the top. So he didn't want to remember his low points. Heh heh."

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded "Right ye are...no chance am I Daniel" he said tucking away the bottle of alcohol "Though you raise an interesting point...if he is Daniel...a man out of time much like Jack...one of ALL the people he knows here was an expert in cryogenics..." He said lighting up another cigarette and letting that statement hang in the air.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Uh, the book I found didn't say, it just described him as 'young'. Perhaps Tetra knows an exact number. Depending on how young, perhaps like, 8-year-old Cube is our Daniel Liddell, but that sounds more than a little preposterous. I was imagining a certain age, but I guess I don't know for sure."

Chanel laughs at Marley, "I'm pretty sure you could pay any cryogenics research facility for CAS enough money and get yourself a chamber. You wouldn't need me to stand nearby and give you a thumbs-up. Nice job turning that around though."

"Also, later in life Daniel Liddell became 'reclusive' according to the book I read, assuming Zero wants us to know who Danny boy is, we could take that at face value."

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded his head "Interesting aye...an considering multiple timelines or dimensions are definitely at play 'ere I see how that could be helpful. One Daniel gets chucked in the freezer...possibly by another Daniel who gets reclusive and rich and weird and...vengeful?" He suggested.

"I suggested earlier there was a chance the admins ere are older versions of us. Why not 0 too?" He said tipping a little ash off his cigarette.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Maybe they're acting that way on purpose though. Admin One definitely seemed like you. Admin Two seemed like he was laying it on a little thick, like he wanted us to think he was a sportscaster. So that made feel a little uneasy, even though it's about what I would've expected. Admin Three didn't seem like Trinity, but she was at least ostensibly the right gender. Anyway, it would explain how Zero is one of us, certainly, but I just haven't felt great about it recently, like they're not the real us."

Happy Maria

"That too has occurred in our head. But what if they participated in this game in the past,and are watching it play exactly the same right now? What if we aren't breaking the previous timeline? It's all rather mysterious,this Zero fellow."

"Aside from Marley ranting about them, I have no reason to believe timeline shenanigans have anything to do with anything. It's literally some narrative he's been pushing that has no scientific basis."

Happy Maria

"No,of course not. But I believe there isn't some sort of time travel going on here. One way to find out." He shouts at the speakers. "Mr.Zero,what year is this?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley blew a puff of smoke "Well of course you'd dismiss it Marigold, you've been trying to discredit this old drunks advice for a while now." He gave a sideways glance at Iota "Maybe you've got a soft spot for the boy." He murmured "But no, there is evidence actually....Trinity, Cube and N should be able to confirm it as well." He paused for a moment to stub out his cigarette "Orang Utan" he said simply.

"The bottle I took out of the bar was Yellow Honey. Yet when the phase changed it became a smashed bottle of Orang Utan. Now...only the folks in the room would know but in my....revels I accidentally knocked a bottle to the floor where it smashed. Orang Utan." He said

Kicking back in his chair "Thas mah evidence though ah wouldn't mind seeing this book o. The Liddell massacre if ya brought it with ye?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"What if we were all just put under an anesthetic so that the game administrators could move us to a different location and change our tattoos or whatever, and then when they went to move you, your bottle dropped on accident in the round 1 elevator, but that was their only bottle of lemon flavor so they just had to get a different flavor and smash it on the floor of the round 2 location to try to vaguely maintain the illusion that it had only been a few seconds in between the rounds? Like, it could literally be solved as simply and obviously as that. There's no need to chuck physics out with the bathwater."

"I don't have the book, but basically, Joseph Liddell was a paranoid man living in the north of England, he became the target of the Caulderwoods for an unknown reason, but since he was so paranoid he had the forces to fight back. The Caulderwoods are some Scottish criminal family. All the Liddells died in an attack except for Daniel in the vault. Anyway, I figured I wouldn't have to prove any of that, since it's all such useless information, so I didn't bring the book."

(Is Orang Utan still on the floor of the elevator?)

Happy Maria

"Hmph. No need to worry. I think we'll be revisiting that room,along with some others anyway."

Gettin' Old!

Jack couldn't see it but Marley was privately snickering. "Well...some of us might, let's not forget your bloodthirsty history Jack the Ripper." He said with a shrug "Though honestly you'd think we'd notice some kind of anaesthetic that worked that way...no injectors or nothing...gas would probably take effect slowly so there's no way we couldn't notice.

He tilted his head lazily in Marigolds direction "Sounds like you're grasping...maybe it's just yer nature as a woman of science...or maybe yer connected too."

Marley popped a fresh cigarette into his mouth.
"Let's suppose yer right...we are different from our future selves. We all live different lives and have different experiences that shape us. One timeline might lead to an entirely different representation of ourselves that seems alien to us. So..."

He gestured at Iota with his cigarette "This poor young man might be Zero in the future...but as for Iota...he could just be an innocent victim in this...or worse a scapegoat for folks following exactly this line of reasoning. Zero might have no remorse about letting his younger self die but odds are he definitely has some representative here looking out for his interests in killing people off." He looked up "In fact is there any benefit at all in killing off 'you' in this game Zero?" He asked.

"An speaking of timelines..." He glanced at Fauna "Do you take after your mother Fauna...you've got very nice hair." He said with as much charm as a boozy 40 year old could manage.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Oh yeah like how we all remember being injected or gassed or whatever before coming here, of course, how could I have forgotten?"

"Perhaps I forgot because an anesthetic was used on me that made me forget, as anesthetics are capable of doing? Oh no that's too outlandish. I must have crossed into a different dimension I have no other reason to believe exists."

Gettin' Old!

Marley yawned "C'mon...now yer just getting hysterical. Want a smoke to relax ya?" He offered.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Haha. I don't think you understand,Mr.Marley. If Zero is an older version of one of us,and we kill his younger version among us,then...Zero can't exist. Ergo,we would no longer even be here."

Gettin' Old!

An amused look crosses Marley's face. "Not much science fiction in your time I suppose." He remarked "There's other ideas on time than just one static line but ah'm too tired to explain jus' now."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Liddell was around 16 when said massacre happened in 2048 - that would put him at 34 when I was abducted, so in 2066."

Shy guy

[The smashed pieces of Orang Utan are no longer on the elevator floor.]

"To answer some of your questions, the year is 2100. I see no reason to hide that any longer." Zero says. "And you will find there is indeed benefit in killing me. I have been making moves to avoid that happening."

Sleeping is my life.

"You got to be kidding me, Admin Zero! The current year's 2100?!" Iota shouted as he puts a hand onto his head.

"So, if Admin Zero is telling the truth about what year it is right now... Then, I have two theories about myself.

First theory is, if I am from a different year, then it's possible that my memories might be altered to trick me into thinking that I'm from 2100. But, my memories of my life are intact, however. Which brings me to the second theory...

Second theory is.... I am a volunteer in this game. If I knew what I was getting myself into, I would absolutely said no and refused to play the game. Which means Zero forced me to play this game against my will. I don't know how he did that. It's a mystery to me, honestly." Iota explained.

"Oh, and to answer your question, Ms. Bettson.... Not really. None of the other players have amber hair." Iota answered Ms. Bettson.

Happy Maria

Jack turned to Marley. "Well,Mr.Marley? Where's that drink you spilled? Did they go into an alternate timeline?"

"I'll admit the theory that I'm supposed to be Iota's foster mother seems...probable. The ages match up with the year too well. I don't know how I can be young now with him knowing an old version of me, so we may be in a different timeline as well." Fauna began playing with her hair. "And this...I'm sure it's important. Or at least the color amber."

Happy Maria

"Ms.Bettson,is that hair colour of yours completely natural?"
Page 15 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus