Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 28 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

"You still haven't explained why all this was d-done, and what Zero was trying to accomplish w-with all this," One Trinity said as the other two stepped forward and took position.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Shy guy

"Ah, come now, surely it's not that hard to get?" The Admin exclaims, unable to see why the players wouldn't be seeing things from his perspective. "The goal was achieving Replicate Control, easy as. I'm not sure exactly what got Daniel into this whole thing - in the early days he was especially passionate, maybe he had plans for revenge against the Caulderwoods - but you don't stick with a project for over 40 years just for that. No, he started to see the grand scheme of things. Can't you see how amazing this research is? It's like nothing that's come before it!" The Admin seems plenty passionate himself about this.

"This project was just the beginning. We've proven Replicate Control is possible, and effective. Now it's time to continue the research, start making it public. Well, you'll understand if we're hesitant to reveal the whole kidnapping-our-past-selves part of things in that, but we've plenty of time. This was Daniel's, and our, life's work. There's so much more to do."

"Heh, well, not sure that goes for Amber though. Need to figure out what's happening with Gary first I suppose."

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded slowly "Nah ah get it. T'be honest ah'm a little disappointed ah can't take one of dese guys with me." He said jerking his thumb at the clones "Can think of a lot of great things ah can do with a spare copy of me." He said

"Zero certainly pulled somethin' off here. No sure he's really earned it considering the lives 'es screwed up though. Even if we get out of 'ere we's out of our time."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"So should I place all 3 votes on Marley now to move things along?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley shook his head frantically "Naw! Jus' get yer clones lined up. Only 1 vote per person!" He said somewhat panicked.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"I'm withdrawing my agreement from Marley's plan. Not until I hear what everyone thinks about my plan." Fauna pauses. "Sigh, someone has to say it. We should all vote for Turbo. We all had a plan, and Turbo went against it. Nobody would've blamed him if he killed someone because someone else changed their vote. I don't buy his reasoning for a second and it's clear to me he went against all of us because he has something planned.

"Furthermore, I'm a bit suspicious of Marley too, just because he believes Turbo. Had I pulled what Turbo did, Marley would be rallying everyone together to kill me. Or hell, maybe he would've already done it himself. Not saying we should vote Marley, but I am going to share all my thoughts."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"I can't agree with you there, Fauna." Jen #1 turns to Fauna, pausing for a bit.

"Your plan is basing itself on sacrificing someone and assuming said someone has voted for anybody other than themselves. I'm going to go against it for the simple reason that you're willing to sacrifice somebody based on a guess."

"Furthermore, Marley isn't suspicious. He believes Turbo because Turbo has given a reason for what he did. Had you done what he did, it's only logical everyone would rally against you because you don't have a reason like Turbo does.. unless you're hiding something."

"If you don't buy his reasoning, that's your problem, because it's true. Someone else here knows about Turbo's past, and they knew before he told anyone. They also told me in one of the doors.. though I don't know who it was, but I have a hunch." Jen #1 finishes talking for a little, evidently not wanting to reveal said person's identity.

"Though, your current name is Matthew Johnson, isn't it, Turbo?" Jen #1 crossed her arms and asked Turbo.

"I did give reasons for what I did before--for why I accused Trinity of pushing the button. Marley nearly bit my head off for that yet nothing Turbo says is 'suspicious.'? And I'm not denying that Turbo is lying about his past, but I don't think we've heard all of it. He already admitted to being part of the massacre, how do we know whether or not he actually ran away? I mean come on, he's clearly the most suspicious person here. Or is everyone that Zero kidnapped besides Jack 'innocent'?"

"Right," Turbo nodded to the Tetras, ignoring N's accusations. "I changed it after the Liddell incident to distance myself from that part of my life."

"He ran away because the only recorded survivor of the incident is Daniel. Nobody else could have survived since only Daniel was locked in the vault, so Turbo must have ran away before the massacre actually happened." Jen #1 responded.

"Furthermore, the description someone else told me was spot on. I'll just tell you guys that the one who told me was with me in the Fitness Room." Jen also stated, seemingly out of nowhere.

"Regarding his past, however, there's nothing else to tell. What he says lines up perfectly with his career after the incident and would make a lot of sense considering his Spirit is numbered as 1."

"Ah and refresh my memory, was Marley in the fitness room?"

"Yeah, he was."

"And to clarify, you don't think it's suspicious that Turbo went against the wishes of the group? That he thought he'd be responsible for someone else's death when he absolutely wouldn't be as long as he voted as we wanted? There's a reason we wanted to vote in a circle--if everybody simply agreed to vote for themselves, there's a huge incentive for people to not go along with the plan because someone can change their vote to you. Keeping a vote off of yourself is extra insurance.

"Turbo could be telling the truth about his past. But are all of you going to sit here and tell me that there's no chance? That it's completely illogical for him to just be prioritizing his life over ours right now, just like he did with the person he swore to protect all those years ago?"

Shy guy

"Something just occurred to me." The Admin says, seeing distrust spreading again. "Once voting is over, it would be preferable if you didn't all go killing each other over some vague sense of vengeance. So if anyone tries anything afterwards, I'll have you killed anyway. If you have anything against someone, make it known by voting for them! I would have thought this was a rather simple concept myself. Not sure what everyone's getting so worked up about."

"Jen, you said we can't sacrifice somebody based on a guess. But assuming Turbo is telling the truth is just as much of a guess, and will have far deadlier consequences if we're wrong. Even ignoring everything else, that fact alone means that we all need to discuss this."

Gettin' Old!

All Marleys gave Fauna a perplexed and stunned and betrayed look respectively as they removed the cigarettes from their mouths. Obviously they thought they were all past this melodrama.

"Th'hell Fauna what's with all dis? Ah've been bloody trying to make amends between us fer all ye've talked, an mah concerns back dere about you stringing Trinity up were valid!"

He looked beyond Fauna "Admin 1! Ye only need to sit in the chairs to make the elevator move aye? It'd be perfectly possible fer someone to stalk around the room and shoot someone before sitting down aye?" he called out before gritting his teeth and clamping down on a cigarette. "Ah bit yer head off fer that because it was a dumb idea dat put lives at risk. Turbo ain' done anythin' else 'ere to warrant suspicion unlike what yer saying."

He sighed and rubbed his temples muttering something about how he wished he could have swapped Fauna for Amber "Look, we's got so far and only got one last thing to go. Can' we just cooperate fer dis last one?" he sighed clearly stressed.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

[There are no chairs in this elevator. The elevator consists only of a single indented disk in the middle of the room that everyone will stand on once the lynching phase is over. The room is very open, with all its features - incinerator and voting booths - placed around the edges. There isn't much chance for tricking people here like that, due to the open layout.]

Gettin' Old!

Marley slapped a hand to his face "The OTHER elevator! With the chairs. That we've been through so many times ah mean."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"I'm not sure why that's relevant now." Admin #1 replies.

Gettin' Old!

"ish a simple rules question. We didn' exactly 'ave Zero around to clarify. It would settle this debate once and fer all ah think."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Well, in theory that would have been possible. But the restraints don't spring up until everyone's seated. So nothings stopping everyone else from trying to stop you when you're doing something suspicious like that."

"No, Marley! What Turbo has done is give himself an advantage that none of us can have! I'm not about to sit here and act like he's being altruistic, not after he left my son to-" Fauna stopped, collecting herself. "I'm a scientist. Questioning every possibility is my job-no, it's me. We don't have to kill Turbo, all I'm asking for is a discussion so no, I'm not going to give my cooperation if you can't do even that. Not when that puts two lives at risk."

1000% Knight

"...Do we really have that much t-time left to discuss it like this?" Trinity asked. "Turbo probably shouldn't have voted early, but... what are we supposed to d-do about it now, especially considering other votes have already been put in? Even if he's lying... I still don't want to k-kill anyone."

Gettin' Old!

Marley raised an eyebrow. "While ah doubt ye acidebtally let that slip dere. Ye wanna explain that tidbit about yer son?"

"The discussion wouldn't be long anyways, there's no downside to voting Turbo...other than murder ah guess ah he did put us all at a disadvantage 'ere. It's a moral argument not a logical argument. It wouldn't hold up. Yer basically just asking to murder 'im."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

"...There's still a logical c-component," Trinity said, slightly tilting her head. "It guarantees that only one, known p-person dies, rather than risking an unknown number of people dying. ...Well, at this point someone could still k-kill Jen or Fauna even if we all vote Turbo, but that's only b-because Jen and Mari voted early too."

"Only one vote per person has gone through, they're practically meaningless if we use the other votes on Turbo. I'm willing to take the risk of someone taking advantage of the one vote on me. It'll be more than unfortunate if Turbo is telling the truth, but he went against the plan which was reckless and he should've known it'd have possible consequences. Turbo telling the truth also just...doesn't seem likely to me at this point."

Fauna then turns to Marley. "Hardly a slip, considering you guys already know. Daniel was my son. Even if it hasn't happened yet, I still have...feelings I can't explain towards him. And he was my friend during this game too.

"Here's something else: we don't know who killed Daniel in the first place. But now we KNOW that Turbo knew Daniel, and we also know that Turbo wanted to keep his identity as the bodyguard a secret."

Gettin' Old!

Marley grinned clearly doubtful "Well Mrs Liddell, y'mind tellin' me 'ow you survived the massacre and why Turbo couldnae recognise ye?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

(Sorry, got Daniel and Gary confused. Not my son, but still family nonetheless. The other reasoning still applies as I only added that bit to the argument for flavor)

Turbo sighed again. "You still don't get it, N. You keep saying nobody would blame me if someone I voted for died because someone else went against Marley's plan. I'd blame myself.

"Yes, I knew who Iota was when we started this, but it's not like I knew he was Zero. Hell, for a while I thought you might have been Zero. The way all the suspicion piled on to Iota so quickly almost felt too obvious. For what my word's worth to you, though, I never once voted against Iota.

"...It's probably good that we're getting as much as we can into the open, because no matter what plan we come up with, nobody's safety can really be guaranteed."

Turbo #2 pulled his gun out and offered it to N. "Here. Now take your note out so we can start clearing things up. Like Trinity said, we're running out of time."

Gettin' Old!

"Wait if ya mean Gary then 'ow did Turbo abandon im?" Marley said puzzled "Look if ye got conscience issues about murdering Turbo and want us to band together and agree then dats on you. Don' try and sway us with yer sob story about how ye cared for a son ye never had. Especially after ye f***in' told earlier ye never cared for kids. What we need is fer you to settle on what yer doin' so we can murder the right number of clones and vote to ensure the rest of us ain't murderers."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

One of the Chanel clones, C2, takes something out of her pocket.

It appears to be a pair of glasses with very thick lenses. She places them on her face visibly searching about the room.

"These are from the computer," is all she says.

"It does help." Fauna says, taking the gun from Turbo. "What would really help is if we did know who killed Iota, because the fact that that's still hidden can't make me think that we're dealing with someone in this vote who has good intentions."

Fauna pulled out the note and read it aloud: Zero has poisoned you. You pass out each phase and he adjusts the tattoos on you. It's also how various other objects change between phases. Marley has the antidote, he has hidden it in a bottle of booze but he knows what it is. It's the only reason he has not drank it yet.

She waves the paper around, allowing anybody in particular to take it and verify.

Gettin' Old!

Marley gave Fauna a confused look. "Well that's not why ah've drunk it fer sure. Ah already know ah'm no use after a drink and this stuff is potent. Wouldnae be legal anywhere." Marley said exanining his three bottles of booze. "Would knock folks out if they took too much." He said looking over at Chanel.

"Ye wanna shed some light on them glasses"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"That's what it said when I read it," he nodded. "The problem is, that's obviously a lie, and Zero already said the admins weren't allowed to lie, which I'd think would apply to Zero himself too. So who wrote it?"

"One of us, though I didn't really believe it much when I saw it. Just figured someone was stirring trouble. Doubt it was Jack." Fauna shrugged.

Gettin' Old!

Marley scratched his beard "Ah dunno, maybe it was Danny masquerading as Iota? Ah mean tha admins said that Zero would take control of Iota and try and interfere with the game right?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Where did you originally find the note?"

"It was in the elevator when we left the door with the injured man on it."

"Hmm... I don't suppose anyone recognizes the handwriting or wants to own up to writing it?"
Page 28 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus