Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 6 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

"Fine, drink all you want." Iota remarked, giving him an annoyed look. "I was merely trying to help you stop drinking. That's all."

"Also, I have a question about that bottle. Why'd Marley take that bottle out of the room you guys went in, anyway?" Iota asked the others, ignoring Marley for now.

Gettin' Old!

Marley stopped mid-drink as if in shock and gave Iota a condescending look as if he had just said something profoundly stupid.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

"I don't think he c-could drink from it if it was still in the bar," Trinity shrugged.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Sleeping is my life.

Iota sighed and said, "Why do I even bother with this drunk bastard?" And then he crossed his arms.

He then listened to Trinity. "What I'm saying is why the heck did he decided to take that bottle with him? Is it important?" Iota asked Trinity.

Cube sighed "'course it's not important, he took it with him cause he only cares about getting drunk!"
Signature loading, please wait...

1000% Knight

"It was part of a p-puzzle, but I don't think it h-has use anymore," Trinity added.

Sleeping is my life.

Iota was speechless when it was revealed that the bottle isn't that important. "You got a good point there, Cube. It's not important as we speak." Iota said.

Now that DOES brings up a question. "Speaking of which... Did you guys find anything important in your room? My group and I didn't find anything important in our room." Iota explained. "However, if one of my companions did find something important, they would had have brought it up."

Gettin' Old!

Marley laughed a loud long guffaw seeing the expression on Iota's face before giving him a broad grin and a genuine thumbs up to communicate that it was no harm done.

On the subject of things that were discovered Marley looked at Trinity with sleepy drunk curiosity and said....something....from the high intonation at the end of his sentence it seemed to be a question you'd think?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"I'm curious as to what took you guys so long to finish your puzzle and if you found anything. We haven't found.. anything, by the way. I've looked all over and didn't find a single thing."

Tetra seemed annoyed by the fact they didn't find any clues as to what happened.

"Marley, you should stop drinking before you pass out. Your speech is already gibberish."

Sleeping is my life.

"Tetra, don't even bother trying to get Marley to stop drinking.... It's a lost cause. I tried to get him to stop drinking, but I gave up." Iota said, as he shrugged. Then he looks at Trinity. Apparently, Marley's trying to tell him that she found something important in their room.

"Hey, can you show us what is it that you found?" Iota asked Trinity.

Gettin' Old!

As if in response to Tetras questioning about why it took so long to solve the puzzle, Marleys face fell. He gazed dizzily at the bottle in his hand with a look that seemed close to...shame?

Tetra then advised that perhaps Marley should stop drinking. With a mournful nod, Marley gently sat the bottle down on his lap. Not gone, but it seemed he had stopped for now. Marley continued to be silent and hung his head.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Tetra looked at Marley, silent. She almost felt bad. She let out a faint smile, turning to Trinity.

"Yeah, what'd you find?"

1000% Knight

"Huh? N-Nothing, really..." Trinity answered. "There were s-some random things related to the puzzles, but n-nothing related to... this. At least as f-far as I could tell."

Gettin' Old!

Marley scratched his chin aware that he wasn't communicating very well. Clapping his hands he began to mime reading....something. He then pointed to Trinity and, while.it took him some time to coordinate his hands he placed them together in the classic shadow puppet symbol for a bird...or maybe a butterfly?

Turning to N and Cube he grunted and gave a shrug to see if they knew what he was getting at.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Iota stared at Marley as he watched the hand gestures. Reading? Trinity? A bird? Or was it a butterfly?

"A book? A book with a bird on it? Or was it a book with a butterfly on it?" Iota guessed, unsure if that's what Marley's trying to tell the others.

1000% Knight

"I-I... don't think the books were that important," Trinity replies, trying to figure out how Marley was somehow too drunk to speak, but could do complicated charade motions.

Sleeping is my life.

"If it's not books... Then..." Iota ponders over this. "Maybe... a bookmark? Or something that was inside one of the books, I'd guess."

"Just tell us in detail what happened in the Spirit Room," Turbo sighed. "This isn't getting us anywhere."

"So..." Chanel begins, turning to the man next to her.

"Cube..." she is clearly being cautious and looking for exactly the right words to say.

"Is there any chance that all of this," Chanel gestures at nothing in particular, " has anything to do with that one time we met before this? I'm just curious because surely it can't be a coincidence that we've seen each other before. Sorry for bringing it up. I'm sure it's still somewhat traumatic to even think about, but I feel like it had to be done eventually."

She takes a sigh as soon as she finally says it, as if she'd been sort of holding it in. Quickly though, she adds, "For those who are going to pry, don't. There's nothing to the story if Cube says there's nothing to it. I never even spoke to him before this."

Gettin' Old!

Clearly unable to get through to them Marley shrugged and muttered some slurred statement of dismissal. He groaned in pain as his head swayed dizzyingly and immediately leaned back in his chair and lit up a fresh cigarette.

Holding his forehead in an attempt to stop the world from spinning he kept one eye on Cube and Chanel, curious to see what their relationship was.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

"Hmmm..." Iota thought about for this a moment. They HAVE to know what is it that Trinity found in their room. He decided to try a different approach. This one might work.

"Marley." Iota said, unsure if the drunk man is capable of performing this simple task. "Can you trace the letters of what you're trying to tell us? Like this."

Using one finger, he traced the letter I then O, then T, and finally A. His codename, of course. "Do you understand what I'm getting at here, Marley? Can you do that?" He asked, hopefully.

Gettin' Old!

Marley gave Iota a bemused look and uttered some protest in his usual drunken slur but shook his head. He held up his hands to show they were shaking considerbly. He waved his hands dismissively as if to forget the issue before going back to his cigarette.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Iota sighed. This isn't getting anywhere, like Turbo just said some time ago.

"Marley, I think it would be better for you to sober up. Once you have sobered up, you'll tell us what is it that Trinity found." Iota quietly said. It's probably better than trying every single way of getting Marley to tell them exactly what Trinity found.

"I suppose we didn't find a key in our rooms. So, what's the point of this round if we didn't find one of the four keys needed to escape this game?" Iota asked.

"The point of this round was probably to act like an introduction and to weed out the unfit. That's my best guess."

Gettin' Old!

Marley shuffled uncomfortably at the mention of "the unfit". Holding up a hand he signalled for Tetra to stop. He expressed some garbled speech that almost sounded like a faint cautioning in tone while gesturing to the empty chair belonging to Kappa.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

"I found a copy of The Very Hungry C-Caterpillar," Trinity huffed. "Why do you k-keep asking me? I wasn't t-the only one in that room y'know."

"My feeling is that there were certain traps to debilitate us set out by Zero," Chanel says.

"There was a bottle of heavy cleaner in our room that could have made us blind if we had used it with hot water. Perhaps Marley fell for something like that, unfortunately for him. Anyway remember that going forward, I guess. There'll only be more, and you don't want to become useless."

"Do you have that book on you, Trinity?" Tetra turned to Trinity, curious. "Hand it to me if you do "

Sleeping is my life.

"Wait, wait." Iota called out. "I think that children's book served as a hint to the one of the puzzles you have to solve. Is that right, Trinity?"

Cube turned to Chanel "Guess I couldn't avoid talking about that, right?" He seemed to remember something which caused some deep emotion to him, but he quickly recovered, "While it's probably not a coincidence that we are both here, I have no idea how what happened that day could be related to this...game right now." He looked sad all of a sudden "At least....I know for certain no one else who was involved with that is here. Unless you know something else, of course." He sighed, and kept silent after that.

"It had just been an ordinary day for me. I was walking home from school. It was pretty terrifying, but there's nothing else really interesting from before and after. From your perspective could there have been foul play?"

"No...there definitely wasn't foul play of any kind. It was just...me being careless...as much as I hate to admit it."

1000% Knight

"T-That's right," Trinity replied to Iota. "Like I said b-before, there were t-things related to the puzzles, but nothing about us or w-why we're here."

"If that's it, why are you so reluctant to hand it over?"

1000% Knight

"W-What? It's back in the room. It was part of a p-puzzle."

"Oh. I see, my bad. I thought you kept it."

Shy guy

As the players are left to their own thoughts, Zero makes a new announcement.

"The votes are in. We shall now ascend as they are tallied." The players feel the elevator begin to rise, and are met with a sense of vertigo as their bodies adjust to the height. Once at their destination, a small jingle can be heard in preparation of the results.

Following this is a harsh buzzer-like sound. The chair Iota is sitting in begins to hum as if preparing to shock him, before abruptly cutting out and doing nothing. They also hear the sound of glass smashing around this time.

"How very interesting." Zero says. "At least three of you voted to punish Iota, but he was 'protected'. It was an item he found only in the previous room, and already it has found its use! But don't worry, it only works once. If you really want him dead, perhaps you can try punishing him again the next round..."

Recovering from the shock of almost dying, Iota instinctively glances around him in suspicion, and lets out a yell of surprise as he looks to his left. N looks right to see what the commotion is, and cries out as well. In between them is... Kappa!

He seems quite confused, and a little twitchy, but is otherwise fine. He tries to ask a question, get some clarification on what's going on, but for a while he can only stammer and gibber. It takes a short while for him to recover his composure.

"Well well, more interesting times are ahead I see." Zero comments in his artificially-distorted voice. "Regardless, it is now time to choose the next doors you wish to enter."

This time, three doors open to reveal doors behind, to the 'east', 'south' and 'west' positions. The west door has a picture of a man grasping his leg in apparent pain, with “Mind: 6, Spirit: 6” as the requirement. The south shows two sides of a river with a person on one side, trying to figure out how to cross over; the requirement is “Body: 4, Mind: 4, Spirit: 4”. The east shows a hunter chasing after a boar, with a requirement of “Body: 12”.

As the players examine the doors from their chairs, they look around for the source of the smashing glass. Iota and Turbo look between them and see shattered glass at Marley's feet - presumably he dropped the bottle he'd been drinking from the whole while.

The players also take this chance to check their barcodes - as promised, the 'C' value now reads '1', even for Kappa. The other values remain the same.

Zero leaves the players with a message spoken in Japanese, clearly intended for the self-proclaimed solider.

[Phase change will be Monday 18:00 GMT.]
[Additionally, the rules for some puzzles will change. When a player discovers the puzzle, it will be announced but the puzzle itself won't be given. Instead each player can privately request the puzzle to then solve it. In this way I can time them, and rank the order the puzzle is solved in by this. Watching a player or using Watch My Back will still incur the distraction penalty, dropping you down the 'list' of people who have solved the puzzle. Additionally some preference is given to people who solve it early - if it's been an entire day since the puzzle was discoverd before you request it, your priority for the puzzle will be dropped.]

Last edited by KamiPanda on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Door Phase)Topic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

Iota stared at Kappa, completely confused by his mysterious appearance.

"But....." Iota said, as he tried to find an explanation for how this is possible. He was baffled when he failed to find an explanation for this. He decided to test whoever this Kappa is with a simple question.

"Kappa." Iota asked while keeping an eye on him. "What year are you from?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley howled in despair at the smashed bottle on the floor before spotting Kappa. He looks at him baffled before glancing to the drink on the floor then back to Kappa. Then to the others to make sure they were seeing what he was seeing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Iota noticed that Marley was looking at him and got the message. He nods back at Marley to lets him know that he's seeing the same thing.
Page 6 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus