Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 23 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Door Phase)Topic%20Title

Cube thought for a while. "Well, I guess it's true that last round showed us that going in the same door as a possible enemy wasn't necessarily dangerous...and I don't think there's any way for me to not go in the same door as any of the people that could have pushed the button before, so I'm okay with Trinity's proposal. Besides, we could always use the listening device on the other room, if anyone thinks they may be in danger." He said, looking towards Marley's direction.

"Also, I'm not sure if this is important but weren't there supposed to be three doors this round because of the previous pattern? Did the number of players change that?"
Signature loading, please wait...

"I guess I'm fine with the proposal if nothing better comes up. I promise I'll solve a puzzle this time Mari, so don't think you'll be having to pull my weight!"

1000% Knight

"Oh yeah, and Marley, can you see if Iota has the other uplink d-device?" Trinity asked.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

No other way than to make this mistake.

"I'm fine with Trinity's proposal, really. No bias here."

Chanel taps on her chair idly, staring sternly at the floor. Suddenly, she pounds the armrest of her chair repeatedly, her knuckles white.

"What the hell! I totally could have done all those puzzles on time! Everyone's all like 'Oh no, an attempt on one of my three lives was made, and, uh, it was almost effective maybe!' No! Hell no! I would have done all three. All. Three. Everyone's acting like the most chilling terrorist attack of the whole damn century happened, like I can't put a bunch of stupid numbers in a bunch of stupid grids in half an hour. Who the hell do you think I am!? If you can get me a puzzle, I can get you it solved, and on time too," she rants, pulling violently on the twisted knot of golden locks that crowns the back of her head.

"As if it's not the one thing. The. One. Thing. That I can do for you --ugggh, people who I would like to be able to work with!" she shouts, oscillating between a determined, argumentative tone, and a pathetic whining one.

She let's out a groan of frustration. "This game suuuuuuucksss."

After a moment, "Alright well, I'm done. Whatever. If anyone remembers the puzzles and wants to check me, I'll tell you what the answers were," she says, her voice still dripping with vinegar.

12__1824_
35627948_
__83_6124
985_51_18
81_18_139
__53948__
931_71_41
81_13_432
4213_27__
_52413869
_9683__17

"Also, I sort of wanted to go with Turbo, so I'll vote with Marley on this one," she adds awkwardly.

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded raising the small device into the air. "Aye was in his ear, still debatin' who to give it ta." He said mulling it over. "Though ah cannae really get close enough to search 'im proper. We should probably do that wit Jack and Iota 'fore we leave."

He blinks slightly perplexed by Chanel's outburst before grinning maliciously "Hey Fauna, you knew Mari before here? Was she always such a b***h about her intelligence? Right now ah could see her pushing the button just for a chance to flaunt it over us and take on more puzzles." He said half-joking a he let out a puff of smoke. "Course we got no way of proving whether ye'd have solved those puzzles on time Mari...I mean you only worked out the answers just there and by my count that would've been far too late to save anyone but now ah'm sure you'll do fine from here." He chuckled winking at Turbo. "Maybe she does 'ave a thing fer you after getting to admire ye before eh big man?" He added teasingly with a hearty laugh.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"Uh huh.. so where did that come from? Seems weird to me that a calm and collected person would cause such an outburst, you know."

"The whole point isn't that we would have died but that someone wanted to kill us. If you steal 1 dollar from me I don't care that you stole 1 dollar but I care that you willingly stole from me. It doesn't matter whether you're a puzzle god or whatever. Even if you WERE the sort of god you want to make us believe, where's the guarantee you would have given us all those numbers over an intercom and we'd have gotten them right when we were freezing to death and in a life or death situation?"

Gettin' Old!

"Jens right, it's the principle of tha thing. Ye couldn't 'ave known pushing on the button would have given us solvable puzzles. Coulda jus' killed us outright...unless someone knew exactly how the room worked ah suppose." Marley added nodding in agreement
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"As far as I can remember, the Admin only told them the button can be used to kill the other team, not that they'd have to solve some puzzles. Unless they're hiding something from us, that is."

"Hello, my name is Marley, and when I have a poor relationship with someone, my decision, given that I have a poor relationship, is to be deliberately and maliciously awful towards them at every. Subsequent. Turn! I pick at people's insecurities and pry open their wounds in order to make me feel like not such a self-destroying sack of s**t!" Chanel snaps indignantly.

"Jen you can shove right off too, already. I've clearly heard all I'll ever hear from you."

Jen cleared her throat, apparently offended by Chanel's unusual attitude. "Just how big is your ego? It's like 10 times this mansion in height, you need to rethink what you're saying 'cause it's not doing you any favours."

"Mari, c-calm down. Just one more key and we'll be able to get out of here alive." Fauna now addressed Marley. "Mari's always been proud of herself, she's a hard worker. I think we're all just a little stressed. And for what it's worth, we were told you'd have to solve puzzles."

1000% Knight

"Turbo is right next to you. Although it seems like s-some people want him to go in the maze room too, so you could pass it to m-me, since I think we're definitely going in d-different rooms," she told Marley.

"Also Admin Five did tell us that the button wouldn't k-kill you outright, and give you a chance to live by s-solving a few really difficult puzzles.

"...Wait, I thought we only had the Aqua and E-Elec Keys?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley snorted unimpressed by Maribelles outburst. "Don't need to put me down lady. Ah've basically heard it all already." He said "Get a grip of yersel' but thanks for clearing up the thing about the puzzles. An thinkin' ah'll either pass it to Turbo or Jen." He answered Trinity's request.

"But yeah..unless someone has picked up another key somewhere we got two more. Figure we'll fine one here and another in round 8. Since we've been finding em on even rounds so far. Would mean we'd be ready to leave about round 8 but then number 9 would be something else assuming there is an admin for Iota" Marley paused a moment before calling out "Hey Zero, ye awake yet?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"No way the game ends at round 8. Last key will probably be in round 9, considering Zero's addiction to the number 9."

Pierre wrote:
Marley nodded raising the small device into the air. "Aye was in his ear, still debatin' who to give it ta." He said mulling it over. "Though ah cannae really get close enough to search 'im proper. We should probably do that wit Jack and Iota 'fore we leave."

He blinks slightly perplexed by Chanel's outburst before grinning maliciously "Hey Fauna, you knew Mari before here? Was she always such a b***h about her intelligence? Right now ah could see her pushing the button just for a chance to flaunt it over us and take on more puzzles." He said half-joking a he let out a puff of smoke. "Course we got no way of proving whether ye'd have solved those puzzles on time Mari...I mean you only worked out the answers just there and by my count that would've been far too late to save anyone but now ah'm sure you'll do fine from here." He chuckled winking at Turbo. "Maybe she does 'ave a thing fer you after getting to admire ye before eh big man?" He added teasingly with a hearty laugh.

"Pass." Turbo answered flatly. "Besides, I figured the two of you had something going on, considering all the tension that's been between you for most of the game.

"On a serious note, some of you mentioned having weird visions, right? I'm having one of those now, like I'm seeing two different realities. In the other one, you're all unconscious, Jack is still dead, but Iota is missing. Hopefully someone knows what that means, because I sure don't."

Gettin' Old!

"Awwwww" Marley answered in a heartfelt voice "but think of all tha good gossip we could have had eh?" Marley grinned unable to keep a straight face "Still makes ma job easier ah suppose. Once these things release us ah'll pass ye the uplink Jen dat sound alright?" He called out to Jen.

"Also Jen ah don't think the game will end at 8. Ah mean we still need to get back to the Garage to sort things out so unless we're going back dere on round 8...Zero's probably gonnae want another round to move us and keep trying ta get us take kill each other." He said "Might 'ave tha key but won't be leaving till 9 ah think."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"It was just my mistake, I thought there were only 3 keys."

"Sure, I'll take the uplink when the voting phase is over." Jen responded to Marley.

"What you're experiencing right now, Turbo, is being in 2 different timelines at the same time. It happened to miss 'Smarter-Than-You' over there, Fauna, Cube and me if I'm not mistaken. You're gonna be able to check others' bodies and take stuff away from them too, and what you do will be reflected in the actual reality. For example, if you were to take my badge, I wouldn't have it on me in the next phase. So, if you DO steal something, everyone else will know."

Gettin' Old!

Marley grunted "Well ah feel ah'm outvoted on dis one but I'll make my objection all official-like anyway." He said shaking the ash off his spent cigarette and flipping it into the corner. "Ah'm gonna VOTE TURBO to join us in da maze room. Ah mean...Mari doesnae seem ta be in the right frame o'mind jus now and Fauna ain't no fan of me..." He lit a fresh cigarette with shaking hands "Jus hopin' we ain't forced to kill otherwise think ah got the short straw 'ere."

Propping his arm up on the chair he rested his chin on his fist taking on a contemplative pose. "Ah mean...by mah thinkin' if we's all to escape in different timelines den we's gonna want as many lives as possible so we got the most options to escape in each timeline." He paused to smoke "Like if 6 people are only alive in one timeline den dats da point where we really are gonna 'ave ta kill each other to escape but if we got people alive in each timeline den we got options if ya get wha ah'm sayin."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Tue May 23, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

[Currently the definite votes are tied, though some players have said they're okay with the option that puts Turbo in the 'hero' door, making it the option I'd go with by default. It's leaning towards that, but any definite votes will sway things.]

[Turbo in Hero door vote: Trinity, Cube]
[Turbo in Maze door vote: Marley, Marigold]
[On the fence: Fauna, Jen]

[Do correct me if I'm wrong with the above.]

"When you think of it like that.." Jen sighed. "I'll vote for what Marley said."

Gettin' Old!

Marley smiled lightly feeling appreciated.

"Well how about that Zero, ain't she a sweetheart eh?...EH?" He called out once more trying to provoke a response from the Admin.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Despite the prompting, Marley still gets no reply.

"Maybe Zero fell in one of his traps, who knows.." Jen chuckled to herself.

"I don't mind either option, truly. I guess it'd be a nice change of pace to go into a door without Mari, but it's also nice to have someone you can trust and a good puzzle solver at your back."

Shy guy

It seems a decision has been reached, though the players are somewhat divided in opinion. Turbo is to go with Marley and Marigold through the door marked with a maze, while Fauna joins Trinity, Jen and Cube for the hero door. Soon the restraints are released, and the players get up to go through the doors. Marley hands Jen the Uplink Device before they split to head to their respective rooms.

[Post-game edit:
Bedroom: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/mrXHETfQrMgd3
Study and Bathroom: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/MP2SKHnwsxY
Marley and Turbo feel a strange sensation... they find that they're in the elevator and their respective rooms simultaneously: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/RTeHADPKUyXQZ
Jen receives the earpiece, allowing her to communicate with Marley: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/5wPyqJTqiYNHj]

[Phase change will be Saturday 12:00 GMT]

Last edited by KamiPanda on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

Another successful phase - all remaining players walk back into the elevator, Marley awkwardly holding a large painting in his hands. They take their seats, and the Lynching Phase begins.

[Phase change will be Tuesday 12:00 GMT]
Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

"So you guys know what we did right? There's no real point in talking about it. We found what is probably Iota's study, or at least some 2100 secondary school student, which is a description that only fits one person. This all but confirms he lives here and whatever," Chanel recites.

"We're also on the second floor which probably just means some of these rooms have been on the same floor, again not much there. Definitely in a mansion, though. No denying that."

"We found a bunch of awards - they had a certain 'Gary Liddell' name on them. No idea who he is, unfortunately. We didn't find anything else, so this round was pretty bad in terms of info."

"I mean, he certainly sounds like someone who would've died in a massacre had he been born before it," Chanel nods.

"So, like, what were they for, and when were they awarded?"

"It wasn't me who checked the awards, so I have no idea. I think it was Cube who did."

"Yeah, it was me. There were a bunch of awards but they were all stuff for school contests and the like. The earliest award I saw was from 2090 for some spelling competition. Don't see how they could be important besides telling us about this Gary's existence."
Signature loading, please wait...

"I mean, it's important because it tells us pretty explicitly that Iota isn't Daniel Liddell."

"I mean 16-year-old Daniel didn't freeze himself immediately following the massacre just to unfreeze himself in 2090, rename himself Gary, and win a spelling bee. Not to mention, I don't think Iota was secretly 26. It's an alibi of sorts."

"We were losing morale at one point, faced with the hardest puzzles we've dealt with so far. The group was ready to give up and die, but I managed to find the solution and save all of us. I've already been sung with enough praises, but I wanted you to know, Mari! I solved a puzzle without your help! So you better call me 'partner' when this is all over!"

1000% Knight

"We might not have g-gotten much info or had much happen, but considering what 'excitement' in this game l-looks like, I'll take it a-any day," Trinity sighed.

"I suppose Iota might be Gary. We c-can probably ask him after this phase."

Gettin' Old!

Marley sighed with satisfaction resting the painting up against the wall opposite his chair. Settling down he admired it a little. It made the place one iota more homely.

"Well ah had mah fill of excitin' rounds after da vault t'be honest. Jus' want this game to pass peacefully from 'ere on out." he said letting the restraints do their thing as he lit a cigarette. Taking a few moments to just enjoy the cigarette and admire the new decoration in the room he nodded satisfied to himself.
"Aye peace is whit's best, specially as Cube's admin seemed ta think things got different from here on out. We'll prob'ly wanna preserve as many lives as we can."

"Dat book on the Liddell's ya looked at? It talked about Danny goin' on into old age but did it ever mention whether 'e 'ad kids or descendants or something?" he called out.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Right on, Fauna, keep up the good work," Chanel says, with a twinge of surprise in her voice.

Hearing Marley, she responds, "All it said about Daniel was that he became the sole inheritor, became reclusive, never got over the tragedy, and lived in fear. It didn't really confirm either way."

"A-Admin 6 said this last round would be the last normal one. I don't expect things to get easier."

"It depends on what he means by 'normal'. For all we know, it could mean something we don't expect. But what I DO expect is that we'll be forced to kill someone each round. I wouldn't be surprised of that considering earlier rounds."
Page 23 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus