Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 13 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

"You mean the fact that you had a knife hidden and tried to bullshit your way through accusations? We already know." Tetra said with a scornful voice. "You're pretty much dead this round unless you confess."

Sleeping is my life.

"Yeah, well.... Jack was carrying a knife. A old-styled combat knife, to be exact. He hidden the knife in his boots, because when I checked his boots, I discovered that there's a indentation in the inside of the boot. My best guess is that the indentation is where the knife would goes into when it have to be hidden.

We didn't know about the knife until after Jack tried to attack Trinity. Thankfully, Trinity was armed, so we didn't have to worry about one dead player. As for how he have that knife, my best guess is that he started the game with the combat knife, just like how I started the game with a Protection Token. If you're wondering where the combat knife is right now, Turbo already broke it, rendering it useless.

Anyway, the exit was in the garage. There's a podium where we have to place the four keys in. We left the Aqua Key there. So, we'll be making several trips to the garage when we find the remaining 3 keys.

Also, the exit was not the only thing we found in the garage. We also found a suitcase... Well, I was the one to find the suitcase. The suitcase required a 4-digits combination before it can be opened. Marley was able to open the suitcase with the combination, '1944'. Inside the suitcase, there was an article on our wrestler, Turbo. Along with that article, there was a document that talks about the Cells Alive System.

I'll let Marley shares the document with you guys." Iota explained, as he crossed his arms and looks at Jack with an annoyed look.

Sleeping is my life.

(Whoops. Double post, so please ignore this one!)

Happy Maria

"Ah,got a listening device,I see. Very well. I shall confess. Confess... to everything."

:witnesstestimony:

--Confession--

"My goal from the start was to discover what had happened to me and why I was here. This I was determined to do,even if someone got in my way."

"At first,the most likely candidate for Zero was Mr.Turbo,who seemed to have enough fame and fortune to devise this whole thing. However..."

"I then realised that Zero had given me some important information at the start of the first door phase,about how I was brought here,and about 'Jack'. But just to be safe,I whispered to Mr.Turbo in the washroom anonymously that I was keeping an eye on him."

"In the washroom,I failed the battleship puzzle on purpose,to try and deter the group from progressing further. I didn't expect for me to die. Thankfully,the knife in my boot was not found by Ms.Tetra,and I was brought back successfully."

"At the time,I didn't know we all had three lives,and Zero told me over the speaker that I had been given a second chance,and to use it wisely. I was scared that I could not die again,and quickly hatched up a plan."

"In the kitchen,I was planning to betray everyone,and lock them in the pantry door. I tried to convince the others that it would be beneficial for me to ally,but sadly,nothing happened. Right afterwards,the admin announced that one of us had to die,and..."

"Truth be told,I was planning to kill Mr.Cube myself,for he seemed like a dangerous individual. However,before I could take out my knife,Ms.Tetra came and slit my threat and finished me off. Mr.Cube had no involvement in killing me. But when I came back...I had a plan."

"I devised it almost immediately,and it honestly seemed like pure genius. I framed Cube for my murder,to accomplish getting him suspected. Though I do believe that he was the killer in the Caulderwoods murder,but that's irrelevant."

"Sadly,this plan of mine was foiled by Ms.Chanel and Ms.Trinity,who spoke out against my testimony. I didn't realise that they were listening the whole time,but they threw my testimony into doubt. But I was not ready to give up yet. I had acquired a new target."

"That target was Ms.Trinity,as you may have guessed. Her testimony against me coupled with the protection token she refused to give me,as well as her nervous façade, made her an ideal target. I came up with a proposal that involved Ms.Tetra, Ms.Chanel, and Mr,Cube separated from me and Ms.Trinity."

"Luckily,Mr.Turbo bought my testimony,and devised a similar proposal. Not wanting to lose this opportunity,I voted for his proposal,and what do you know,it won! Thus,we went into the garage. At the start,I watched Trinity and took out my knife. I kept my knife under my belt."

"Truth be told,I had a few doubts in there. The newspaper article we found in there made me suspect Mr.Turbo again,and Mr.Marley's parallel universes theories,which I have disproven with this confession,made me want to kill him instead. At one point,I was even considering just stealing the token,but I was missing using the knife."

"So when all was done,I decided to kill Ms.Trinity by stabbing her in the back; puncturing her lungs so she couldn't scream or shout. I planned to take the token afterwards. Unfortunately,she sprayed me with something that burned at my eyes,and something that still makes me unable to see properly even now. We both ran away from each other,and I quickly put my knife in my boot again."

"I immediately lied,saying that I was merely planning to steal the token,and no knife was involved. Unfortunately,Mr.Iota found the knife,and afterwards it was bent by Mr.Turbo. I tried to lie again and say that I didn't plan to kill Ms.Trinity with the knife,and it was a mere precautionary measure. No one really bought it."

"Unfortunately,as soon as I entered this room again,an overwhelming sense of regret and remorse came over me,and I decided to confess to everything that I have done."

"This brings us back to the present time,where I have arrived at my first,and most probably last lynching phase. Now that you know everything that has happened,feel free to judge me for my actions. I shall accept whatever punishment you will award me with,even if it is death."

"Oh,and my testimony is 100% truthful for once. You no longer have to take what I say with a grain of salt,nor do you have to rub said salt in my wounds. And that concludes our little comedy of errors. I do so hope you enjoyed."

---

"Mr.Iota,though I can't see you,I told you it was inevitable.", he laughs sadly.

"Anyway,Mr.Zero,how am I supposed to vote for someone if I can't see?!"

Last edited by Southern Corn on Tue May 09, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"After all you've said, you'd still like to vote?" Zero says, chuckling. "Well then, I shall explain. On the right arm of your chair is a touch display - unknown technology for you, but I'm sure you'll have picked up the gist throughout the puzzle rooms you've been in. On the display are the numbers 1 through 9, ordered in a square that places 1 through 3 on the first row, 4 through 6 on the second and 7 through 9 on the last. Naturally these numbers correspond to Player numbers. Even blind you should be able to figure out which part of the screen to press to make your vote. The number grid takes up most of the screen, so you would press the bottom middle to vote yourself, for instance."

Happy Maria

"I see", says Jack,and he touches the screen at one point that no one can see.

"So you caught on why I killed you in the pantry." Tetra said after Jack's testimony.

"You do know this is your last life and you are most likely going to die forever? I'm not buying the 'remorse' horseshit, that's the least credible part of your testimony." Tetra crosses her arms in the chair, inputting her vote.

"Trinity, are you sure you still have the token on you?"

Happy Maria

" I thought you were remorsefully crying as you slit my throat? Either way,I'm epvery well aware about my circumstances. Thus,my overwhelming sense of regret made me choose to even testify in the first place. I shall accept permanent death if I must."

"I didn't cry - I was sad I had to kill you. Doesn't look like I'm going to be sad for you anymore."

Happy Maria

"Ha..! I doubt anyone is going to be sad for me. That is rather well justified,however."

"So are you actually working for Zero, or are you just out to sow chaos for the hell of it?" Turbo spat. "You said Zero gave you some important information. What was it?"

Happy Maria

"Ha,how I became frozen in the ocean,and was brought back as 'Jack' and mysteriously stolen afterwards. You all have heard it. As for my motivations,I have given them to you. I just wished to find out why I was here. Though I suppose I never will."

"How was screwing everyone else over supposed to help you figure out why you're here? That makes no sense at all."

Happy Maria

"Haha,I had individual motives for each person I 'screwed over'. They were all small sacrifices that had to be made for me to..eliminate Zero. Though I'm not going down without taking out someone else first. That person...is the one I have voted for."

Sleeping is my life.

Iota was shocked to hear Jack's confession... He have been right to suspect that Jack tried to murder Trinity with the knife! He was even more shocked when he found out that Jack tried to get his washroom group killed by failing the battleships puzzle on purpose.

"Y-You.... tried to get Tetra, Turbo, Chanel and me killed in the washroom by failing that puzzle on purpose?! So that we would die because we were deterred from even trying to solve the puzzle... Chanel's the hero to us that time." Iota said, still shocked.

"Yeah, what Turbo said! Why screw everyone else over to find out why you're here? You can't do that on your own! You need us to help you find out why you're here!" Iota shouted at Jack.

Happy Maria

Jack simply shakes his head, "I told you in the kitchen to slit my throat with my own knife. When you refused, I said that you were prolonging the inevitable. I. Told. You. So." There is a large silence. "Anyway,what did the rest of you discover in the rabbit door? Anything interesting?"

"Nothing of importance. Like.. actually nothing."

"Hello, my name is Marigold Barre, and I am trapped with a bunch of people whose names I don't know, playing a game that regularly asks me solve puzzles at the stake of my life. If Marigold Barre is too long for you, I often go by Chanel for short," Chanel says in a falsely chipper tone.

"Nice to meet you, strangers!" Chanel waves lazily from her seat, basically directly at the wall in front of her.

Sleeping is my life.

"So, you're going to screw us over by leaving us to learn the half-assed truth of why we're here without your help?! With your help, we'll know the full truth of why we're here!" Iota shouted. He couldn't believe his eyes that Jack chose death over truth.

"So, Ms. Barre, do you know who's Fauna Bettson? Because that's the other name mentioned in the Cells Alive System document. Is she here in the game with us?" Iota asked Chanel.

Happy Maria

"Hmph,I knew it. Nice to meet you,Ms.Barre. I suppose this makes four people who have had their identities revealed. Mr.Marley,Mr.Turbo,me,and now Ms.Barre. How funny. Though Jack is far from my real name", he adds. He noticeably ignores what Iota just said.

"So.. are we all going to reveal our actual identities right now? Seems like a double edged blade to me, but it might be worth it to figure out who is who and why we're here." Tetra says.

Sleeping is my life.

"Tetra, some of us have reasons to keep our actual names a secret." Iota remarked, even though he couldn't see her from where he is sitting.

"How could you put Marley in that category?" Chanel asks incredulously. "We know his supposed first name sure, but literally no other identifying information."

"Fauna is my coworker."

Happy Maria

"Mr.Marley's name is a part of his identity. For example,I have no reason to give anyone my real name.That is the one thing I shall take with me to the grave. But everyone knows pretty much everything else about me now." Jack smirked after saying this,then leaned on his seat,appearing to be in deep thought. "I'm quite disappointed in the lack of guns. I am an expert in them,and was hoping to find one sooner or later."

"An 18 year old that has to keep his identity a secret? Why would that be, Iota?" Tetra inquires.

1000% Knight

"Everyone, w-wait!" Trinity cried out. "Iota brought up a good point b-back in the room... If the doors follow the p-pattern, the next group will have t-three doors. Can we really risk not going through a d-door and missing a key?"

She then asked, in a louder voice, "Zero, what happens if someone d-doesn't go through a door, and just stays here in the elevator?

"...Oh, and I do s-still have the token."
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

"Hmm.. yeah, I didn't think of that. Doesn't seem like splitting into 3-2-3 is the best course of action." Tetra remarks.

"Also, is it possible to go through doors with only 2 people?"

Shy guy

"If a Player stays behind, they get to remain in their chair and talk to me, I suppose." Zero replies to Trinity.

"There is no limit on the size of a group that can go through a given door. And requirements will be adjusted accordingly if player numbers are... lacking."

1000% Knight

"Then there's no r-reason to kill Jack," Trinity declared. "If we need him we can take him, but o-otherwise we can just leave him in the elevator.

"...And Turbo should probably destroy t-the knife Tetra used in the second round, when he can."
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Shy guy

"If he's alive, you may need him to meet door requirements." Zero says. "Someone can only stay behind if they aren't contributing towards a door."

Happy Maria

Jack laughs. "What is the point of not voting for me if you're just going to leave me here anyway? At least kill me now,and finish me off. Or if you're going to take me in,at least watch me,for god's sake! You won't be able to kill me,bu-" Suddenly he puts his hands to his mouth. "Forget I ever said that last part. Careless of me." He relaxes once more, waiting for his demise.

Sleeping is my life.

"I'm not going to say my name, because remember what happened back in round one's lynching phase? There's at least two people who knew who I am. They piled their votes onto me, so their votes along with my vote, which deflated to me, added up to three. Three votes equals punishment. I only survived because I was carrying two Protection Tokens at that time. You knew of the one I found in the washroom. You didn't know about my second one until after my first death." Iota explained. "Saying my actual name will causes several of you to joins those two people's side in an effort to get rid of me."

"Yeah, I noticed that there's a pattern in the number of doors in each round. I'm surprised that I'm the only one who noticed that. I don't know about you guys. So, if I'm right about the pattern, then the next round will have three doors." Iota remarked, after Trinity brought up what he discussed with his group back in the garage.

Gettin' Old!

Marley sighed taking a long smoke "I'm mighty unnerved by his willingness to die. Feels like a damned if we do damned if we don't. Plus his motives...I don't get how slaughtering everyone achieves anything ya wanted Jack." he said mulling it over "Ah mean...failing the puzzle so people can't progress? Even if you didn' know it would kill ya I can't see that bein' a helpful endeavour to any goals. Seems everythin' ya did was just workin towards killing and covering up yer dirty deeds. Maybe ya shoulda died in the war." Marley muttered glancing over his shoulder "Still...don't see how it disproves mah thinkings about multiple timelines neither." he said rolling his alcohol bottle in his hand idly "Either way...I don't think a supposed 'pattern' should be enough to keep someone alive if they have constantly and repeatedly shown they are trying to kill others for piss-poor motives." he added.

"Anyway pleased to meet ya Miss Barre, I reckon ye probably got the gist of the articles anyway from spying on us over there so would ye mind speaking a bit more about this cells alive system?" he asked.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"You've got all there is to it. It's a system that restores cells that have been burst in a failed cryogenic freezing."

"I am working on it, or, should I say, was."

Gettin' Old!

Marley raised an eyebrow "Why, somethin' happen between you an' Fauna? Sounds like it was gonna be a pretty special piece of work."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Jack remains in silence after hearing Marley,then speaks up again. "So...Ms.Barre...did you by chance come across me as 'Jack' before all of this? My case seems to be a miracle,and possibly one you have personally come across,hmm?"

"Oh, I got abducted under unclear circumstances, Marley. I'll let you know if I ever show up again to continue it."

"Anyway sorry you guys confused me, let me be clear. CAS is the system that freezes cells safely, so that ice crystals don't form. It doesn't restore cells. That paper you guys found was my research on restoring burst cells. I expected you guys to ask about my research since that's what you found. I already talked at length about CAS."

"Jack, you're kind of a small legend. I heard about you before this, but it's not like I was one of the people who knew where you were. In fact, nobody knows whose possession you fell into after you were found."

"H-Hold on a minute! We can't just start revealing our identities like that!" N's shouting seemed to be directed towards everyone, but she began to focus on Chanel. "Don't you value your own life?"

She sighed and moved back to the topic on hand. "I don't know whether or not we should keep Jack alive. He's shown himself to be untrustworthy at every opportunity. What Trinity says makes sense, but I wonder if there's some ulterior motive she has in keeping him alive. Only one-third of us can leave, so the game is clearly designed to adjust for our dropping numbers."

Happy Maria

"I see. A pity. So I shall assume it was Zero who stole me. In other words,one of the people in this room." He turns to N. "Why would Ms.Trinity wish to keep me alive? I tried to kill her for at least four reasons,for god's sake! She should despise me!"

"Of course it was Zero who stole you, I can't imagine why you'd be in this game otherwise."

Fauna rubbed her head. "Sorry, my memory of the game is a bit fuzzy. How many keys do we have right now?"
Page 13 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus