Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 3 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Introduction)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

[Just want to say, I've included everyone's "Skillset" on the first post to make things easier.]

Sleeping is my life.

So, everyone's forgetting about coming up with their codename, Iota feels the need to bring up this topic once more.

"Uh, guys? Codenames? Codenames is way better than calling each of you guys by your barcode." Iota said, before pointing an finger at the policewoman (hoping he didn't offends her in the process), then he continues to speak, "For example, I do not want to call her P4, but I would rather call her by her codename. Do I make myself clear?"

No other way than to make this mistake.

She nodded. "Yeah.. you've got a point there."

She put a finger on her chin as if she was thinking. What was a good sounding name that was also relevant? This was hard.

"I guess Tetra is fine as a nickname. I'm not one for originality.'

1000% Knight

"Hrm... How about... Trinity." One of the woman's favorite movies crept into her mind, causing her lips to move ever so slightly upward, even in a situation as insane and dire as this one.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

"Uh. I'm not good with this cryptic stuff..." He thought for a moment. Maybe Ant? No, that didn't feel original for some reason..."What about Cube? Those have six faces and stuff right?" He seemed satisfied with the answer he had come up with.
Signature loading, please wait...

I've felt worse.

"If we're choosing codenames by our numbers, hmm... I'll be "N." It's the symbol for Nitrogen, which has an atomic number of seven."
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Marley shrugged "N huh? Hardly seems much better than P-whatever but whatever. Ye can jus' keep calling me Marley, still mebbe its time fer some maths eh?" He said pulling on his tattered hat idly in thought.

*whimsical thought route music*

With a wicked grin, Marley draws a cigarette with maximum force jamming it perfectly in between his lips. The fire burst into life as his lighter ignited the foul thing.

"Got it...."

Mind door:
Cube (1)
??? (Franzise 3)
Trinity (2)
Tetra (2)
N (4)

Spirit door
Marley (4)
Nanjo (3)
P8 (2)
Iota (3)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"Wait a minute." Cube suddenly spoke. "Why the hell should I be in the mind door when I am supposedly weak at that skill or something?! " He objected. "Besides, number doesn't have to be exactly 12. We can exceed. So I propose:"

Mind:
???? (Franzise 3)
Tetra (2)
??? (Nanjo 5)
PW (3)
Iota (3)

Spirit:
Cube (4)
Marley (4)
N (2)
Trinity (5)

"That seems fairer, right?"
Signature loading, please wait...

Sleeping is my life.

Iota couldn't help but be impressed by Marley's math work. Then Cube speaks up about his weakness being Mind and that he could do badly in the Mind Door. Then Cube did his own set of math work. Both of those options could work. But by just listening to both proposed options, Iota made up his mind.

"I think I have to agree with Cube here." Iota firmly said, as he gives Cube a knowingly look.

"Either's fine with me."

The tall blonde, who had been watching everyone quietly, finally spoke up. He was a man appearing to be in his mid 30's and very obviously chiseled even through his navy blue sweatsuit. "I don't see the point in getting worked up over numbers when we don't even know why they're important, in any case.

"But as long as we're talking numbers, why don't we go with Dual as an alias for now?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley's cigarette wilted in his mouth as Cube stomped all over his hard maths work.

"Well sure thas fine an all. If f**kface up there considers exceedin' the number good too." He muttered somewhat dejectedly.

"YO f**kface! What exactly d'ya mean bout meeting the requirements? And the hell's the punishment?!" He demanded of the ceiling.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"And there goes any hope I had of settling down here, in the future," P5 responds to the game announcement.

"So one of you is this Zero Admin then? Well thanks for finally giving me some recognition," she says, holding up her bar code briefly.

"I'm fine with going by mastermind, genius, maestro, or anything like that since I'm clearly elite in my field, but I think I'll settle with Chanel, since I'm the big number 5 after all," Chanel says, deadpan.

"Anyway, I'm okay with going with the rest of the nerds to the brain door, but honestly I feel confident going the other way as well. Both options set out right now are fine by me. That said, I think it's in the groups best interest to put me through the mind door since I'm really the star player there." Chanel punctuates this by mock-flexing.

Consider this a vote for Cube's proposal, in case it comes to a vote.

Happy Maria

"M3B4S2",read out P8. "So...I do think I'm going along with what Mr.Cube said. I'll be going with the others into the mind door." (Assuming I'm 'PW',that is :-P)

"And,um....please call me...Kappa for now.", he said.

(So how do we do stuff like whisper and steal and other stuff without others noticing in the rooms?)

She thought about the two proposals.

"I'm going to agree with what Cube said."

Shy guy

Southern Corn wrote:
(So how do we do stuff like whisper and steal and other stuff without others noticing in the rooms?)

[Rooms will take place in their own QT, set aside just for that room. Action declarations are made in your private QT with me. Oh, but declarations of where you want to search are public in the room's QT. Everyone can see that you're going to a certain area in the room, and this way no-one doubles up. What you find in that area will be private unless it's necessary for the game to make it public.]

[By the way, please do check your QTs, or perhaps get emails from them. For those unaware, I make private announcements there.]

(I do have a question, are QTs also for thoughts our characters might have but we don't want to let everyone else know? I'm kind of confused.

Shy guy

[Oh, certainly, they can be. To give you an idea of their use, I've had people:
-Asking questions about their character's backstories
-Asking questions about game mechanics without drawing attention to it
-Making guesses as to plot points
-Providing idle speculation and miscellaneous thoughts/comments
-Secretly performing small bits of investigation - checking themselves for items, that sort of thing
Really, they're useful for all kinds of things.]

[If it helps, check out the post-game thread for the last game. The QTs for every character are linked there.]

Gettin' Old!

Seeing they'd had no response, Marley scratched his chin thinking to try a different tact. Eventually he slapped his head at the realisation of the obvious "Ah well of course ye ain't respondin', it's just a recording if'n Zero is one of us," he said. "Well per'aps dis admin #1 would like to speak up 'bout now instead and answer mah questions hmm?" he called out, again to no one in particular, deciding to try and be more polite this time round.

Taking stock of the room once more, Marley squinted at Dual and his impressive physique "You look familiar big man, you famous or something?" he asked tilting his head somewhat. "My memory ain't so great, my mistress sees to that, but ye seem a really memorable man."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Mistress?",asks Kappa. "Are you some sort of slave,Mr.Marley?"

"I recognise him too," She looked over to Dual, thinking about who he was. He seemed to be someone she had seen somewhere - maybe TV? That's when it hit her.

"Wait, you're Turbo, aren't you? That one world-renowned wrestler? How did Zero even get to you if you're a celebrity? And what *is* a celebrity doing here in the first place?"

Happy Maria

'Wrestling? Are you famous,Mr.Dual?',asks Kappa.

Gettin' Old!

Marley rolled his eyes a little at Kappa's naivety "Yah could say that, son. We're all slaves to sumthin' at the end of the day." he muttered before turning to Tetra "Yeah, think you got that right there miss, he's that Turbo guy." Marley laughed aloud "Well leas' we know someone can put the hurt on Zero when we finally find em'." he said brightly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

As Pierre Marley said that, the intercom buzzed to life again.

"My mistake, Marley." It was the same distorted voice, Admin #0. "I had assumed most of the words coming out of your mouth were the mere ramblings of a drunkard. Prove me wrong - what in particular were you asking? I can't have my dear players playing a game they don't know the rules of."

Edit: Yes, it's been revealed, Marley's true identity is Pierre himself! Oops.

Happy Maria

Suddenly Kappa jumped. If Zero was commentating on Marley,that meant that they had to be IN THIS ROOM. He quickly looked around at all the players,trying to see if one was doing anything fishy.

Gettin' Old!

Marley's cigarette fell a bit limp in his mouth as his face drooped visibly. While it's all well and good to dance around the issue, most folks had the common decency not to call Marley out on his problems.

"Ah well now, perhaps ya didn' need to put it quite like that." He said quietly while also keeping an eye on the contestants. "Ah guess Zero mus' 'ave some trick here, because ah don' think he'd be caught quite that easily," he tried to reassure Kappa seeing his frantic searching.

"Anyways, ah wis askin' what does yer punishment involve? An by "meet the requirements" do you mean we need to add up exactly to the number? Or can we exceed it?" he called to nowhere in particular.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

'But what type of trick could Zero use?!',questions Kappa. 'Is Zero somehow capable of teleportation?!'

"The sum of our skill points has to be equal to or exceed the number required. That's about it." She answered Marley, scoffing at Zero's appearance on the intercom.

"I'm curious about the punishment too."

Happy Maria

'Skill points...who is this Zero to decide how skilled we are?',scoffs Kappa.

Shy guy

As everyone watched each other suspiciously, it became clear that none of them were secretly talking into a microphone or performing any other obvious trickery. And yet, Zero continued to speak.

"Ah, yes, the punishments. They are very simple, really. If you are punished, you die. This is a game of life and death, after all. With preference for the latter." He let his reiterated words hang in the air for a few seconds before continuing. "I would therefore advise you to take care when submitting a puzzle solution."

"And yes, the doors can be opened by meeting or exceeding the requirements. Think of it as passing a skill check in a game - this is, after all, just a game."

Happy Maria

'Death?! Who-what-how-',Kappa stammers. 'HOW ARE YOU TALKING TO US?! ARE YOU A VENTRILOQUIST?!'

Sleeping is my life.

"Death?!" Iota shouted, a slight hint of fear in his voice. "This is insane! What do you wants from us, Zero?!"

Gettin' Old!

Marley chewed the remaining stub of a cigarette before filthily spitting it out onto the floor "Relax, Kappa, we got no idea what the year is, fer all we know teleportation or telepathy or some otha kind o' trickery could well exist at this point." He shook his head in disapproval.

"Well ah ain' got no preference fer what room we go to. Though mebbe to ease yer fears a little, Cube, ain't nothin' that says the skills on the door correspond with what's needed beyond it. Sure a big man like you could be fine wherever you go." he sighed.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

'Is this how you treat prisoners of war,you....lowlife scum?!',Kappa says,with a twinge of fear in his voice. 'This has to be illegal!'

Shy guy

"In any case, you must all return to your seats now in order to put your votes in. The electronic displays will present your options."

Happy Maria

Kappa sits on his seat,and after a while of learning how the electronic displays work,puts in his vote for Cube's proposal.

(Did I do it right?)

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"This is insane.. to think we have no choice but follow some bastard's rules is simply unthinkable." She shook her head and sat down.

Sleeping is my life.

"Sheesh, guess we're not getting an answer out of Zero on what he want from us." Iota said, annoyed by this.

Not wanting to be reminded about what to do twice, Iota went to his chair and sat down. He crossed his arms in annoyance, as he watched the others.

Shy guy

[You have two options. Either vote for the door you want to go through, or vote for a specific option that everyone should take which has been put forwards by one of the players. The latter is preferable due to being guaranteed to work, assuming it adds up correctly. So in this case, you can vote for Marley and Cube's proposals. Of course, you're free to propose your own solutions as well - there will be multiple combinations of players that work for the doors.]

Last edited by KamiPanda on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

She reluctantly voted for Cube's proposal.

Happy Maria

(Alright,edited it so now it says Cube's proposal.)
Page 3 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus