Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 24 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Marley grimaced "Aye ah expect they'll be trying to pull off a buncha kill games from 'ere on out. Give us a chance to whittle each otha down before their finale. If we kept believin only three of us were getting outta here. Should think about how wes gonna split da teams.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"Oh Jen, can I have my erm-my knife back?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley's beard bristled as his head jerked around "What's this about a knife?" Marley spat another wad of black spit onto the floor as he lit a fresh cigarette "Ye shouldnae carry knives around if ye can help it...should jus' leave it 'ere like dat one Jen tossed at the start of tha game." He said with a hint of disapproval.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"She means that she gave me a knife in the alternate reality to see if items do actually transport between the two realities. Doesn't seem like it did, 'cause I have no knife on me." Jen pats her pockets to try and find the knife, but to no avail.

Gettin' Old!

Marley frowned "Seems weird she'd be asking fer it if it didn't work aye? Musta gone missing somehow right?" Marley paused to smoke his cigarette "Though really think we could be doin' with less weapons in general around our place. Especially if as me an Trin think, the admins will be steppin' up the murderin' in all the rooms from here. Seems number 6 dere said that this was our last chance to put any plans in place." He paused for a moment tapping his fingers impatiently on the armchair before calling "Oy Zero...is the game gonna be changing from 'ere on out?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Once more the question goes unanswered.

"Does anybody know what timeline we were in when Zero said the year was 2100?"

Gettin' Old!

In light of the missing knife Marley grimaces and begins to check his pockets to ensure everything is there.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

For what was to be the last time, the elevator began to rise and the votes were tallied. Once again, no-one was to be lynched.

Regardless, the players all find it difficult to concentrate at the moment. The now-familiar sense of dissonance is back, and for most they find their focus is even more divided than before. By habit everyone checks the doors, but nothing is displayed on them this time, and anyway just a few moments later they all open at once without any input from the players. The restraints then come undone, and everyone struggles to their feet to head through the doors and see what's going on. Marley is having to focus so much just on moving that, for the moment, he has to leave his loot behind.

The sound of maps printing can be heard, and everyone automatically reaches for them. However, their minds are elsewhere, trying to comprehend what they're seeing.

[Map: http://i.imgur.com/gb7xI0E.png]

The players (bar Turbo) find themselves staring at... themselves. And themselves. There are three identical cylindrical sections in the room, each housing an elevator, and the players find that they are in each one of them simultaneously, looking out at other versions of themselves while those versions look back at them. Turbo is the one exception, who only finds himself in the 'top' and 'bottom-right' elevators; he is otherwise experiencing much the same phenomenon.

Everyone tries to step into the room in earnest, and find that they can independently make each version of themselves do so. This is just like what they'd experienced in the elevators previously, though on a larger and more confusing scale. Turbo, able to concentrate a little easier due to only having two 'versions' of himself, has both of his copies run up to each other and shake hands, trying to comprehend what's really happening. The handshake goes just fine. He finds that he really is just in two places at once simultaneously.

From their multiple viewpoints, the players quickly get an overview of the room. The walls are lined with large glass cylinders, and in the middle of the room are three large control stations, each with some number of monitors lit up brightly in the secondary colours. In one corner of the room is a walled off rectangular section, with a single door allowing access. It is locked, and there are three lights in a column next to it, matching the three colours of the monitors.

Soon a new voice speaks up. She sounds like the youngest of the Admins so far, but is still over 50 most likely. Her tone is kind and a little concerned, a stark contrast to most other Admins. "Everyone, it's good that you've made it this far. You're almost at the end." Admin #7 says. "Um, but, I should explain what you're all experiencing right now. Zero called it 'Replicate Control'. I... don't really understand the theory, but... um, so, this is the Cloning Lab. You were all cloned here. And, well, something about Morphogenetic Field Theory means you're able to control all of the clones at once." From the way she's saying it, it doesn't seem as though Admin #7 quite realises the sudden craziness of what she's revealing to the players. "You'll need to make use of it to open the door to escape. I won't keep you any longer, but please do ask me questions if you have any! Though I can't really answer much..."

The players look to each other, and themselves, in shock and plain confusion. Still, it's been made clear what they need to do. It seems as though this may be the final room. Everyone begins to explore in earnest.
Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Room Phase)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Marley stands shocked as complicated emotions run across his face. Clearly wrestling with some internal turmoil at this realisation.

"Well..." Marley let's out a slow breath before giving the clean version of himself who showered last time a glare. Presumably the clone glares back at him.

"You'd be Fauna by mah reckonin' so are we all clones of you guys and ye are the originals?" He asked.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Ummm..." Admin #7 is silent for a few moments, contemplating whether she should answer. "I suppose there's no need to hide it any longer. You're sort of correct. But I'm not actually Fauna, erm... I mean, I sort of am, but... I don't entirely know how to explain it. Once you get through that door, #1 can explain things properly. Until then, call me Amber. Or, um, #7 if you'd prefer."

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded still trying to think it through "Alright Amber since ye seem to be a nice lass, I hope ye don't mind a couple more questions."

All three Marleys drew cigarettes and lit them up "Firstly #1 is da one ah was based on right? Why's 'e coming back instead of..." Marley thought for a bit "Whoever Jack was based on."

He idly wandered over to the desk on the left side of the room to examine it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Jack's an, um, exception. The 'original' Jack, if you want to put it that way, was still frozen in ice. Erm, until you found him, that is. So there's no Admin version of him." Amber replies. "#1 is the most senior Admin, he's second in command, so that's why he's going to be in charge of what happens next. He's the one who knows most about all of this."

The work station on the left has various complicated-looking equipment on it, none of which Marley or any of the other players understand. The two lit-up monitors are clearly of interest though, and when examined Marley sees that both screens are displaying puzzles. However, the instructions are undecipherable, looking like a block of random small scribbles and nothing more.

"I understand, we're all the original versions of ourselves, but Jack was a clone which is why there was no Admin version of himself. As for Iota, I'm willing to bet he was the clone as well and the original Iota is Daniel, the one running all of this."

"Damn.. that's crazy. I thought I wouldn't be surprised after all the events here, but damn." Jen pauses for a few minutes before continuing. "Let me ask you a question. There are 3 elevators in this building.. each with 3 different doors, each inhabited by our clones. So we weren't going to different timelines but switching over from one clone to the other this whole time, right? That means that when Marley found his bottle of alcohol being a different type, it meant that when the elevator went upwards, he switched to a different version of himself which had chosen a different bottle of alcohol than he did in the other himself, right?" Jen asked Amber in particular.

"Anyway.. I'll go check the desk on the right side of the room." Jen walks over to said desk to examine it.

Shy guy

"You're almost right. Only one set of clones was active at any one point, though." Amber replies. "Items carrying over was simply a trick - Admins not in charge of the current set of rooms would move items around for the unconscious clones to match the items the active clones had. It was important for you to never feel the difference between each clone, apparently. However, we didn't expect you to take so many items along! We'd only prepared copies of the prize items, everything else we simply had to leave. The broken bottle of alcohol was an attempt at covering this up - #3 swept up the broken glass from the Lounge and placed it in the second elevator to try and match the glass of the bottle in the first. But Marley spotted that, so it wasn't that successful, unfortunately."

The right workstation is very much like the left. Equipment nobody understands, and puzzles with instructions no-one can read.

"So what was going on in the elevator phase when the elevator went up? Did we just get put to sleep and then transported into another clone?"

Shy guy

"Umm... That's not really something I'd know. What you just described is basically what happened, but I can't really explain how that happened." Amber says.

"Hmm.. so this is what the other Admin meant. I see. Thanks for the answers anyhow. Also, if you guys remember the anagram in the bedroom said 'replicate' which is a pretty obvious reference to what's going on here. The code was also 'triple ace' which.. I'm pretty sure refers to the three elevators."
Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Room PhaTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Marley looked at his other clones with contempt, which the other two showed I equal regard.

Clean Marley grinned and rubbed his beard proudly.

Marley rolled his eyes and snatched the hat off of the other Marley "Gimme dat!" He sighed stuffing it in his pocket.

Hatless Marley was shocked for a second before grinning "Aye...easy ta tell us apart now." He said giving the other two a thumbs up.

"Yer a mighty kind woman explaining this all ta us," Clean Marley said, swelling with a most unusual sort of pride that his counterpart was considered a senior admin.

"Aye that's the truth," Marley said in agreement "That said do you know what happened ta admin Zero? Was told there was a benefit ta killing off Zero but honestly ah've kinda missed his guidance."

The was a grunt of frustration from Hatless Marley who was looking at the left desk with its incomprehensible instructions "Ye don't happen to know 'ow dis works do ye?" He asked
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Oh... Well, you see... Gar- Iota..." Amber stumbled, then settled on a name, sounding like she was steeling herself. "Gary was a clone of Zero, as Fauna correctly identified. And, just like how you were able to switch between your clones in this game, Zero could switch with Gary. Getting rid of Gary meant Zero could no longer interfere by swapping in and secretly messing with the game. However... it seems like Zero didn't want Gary to die just like that. So before he could be executed, he switched in one last time. Zero, or, well, Daniel Liddell, is dead."

"Erm, as for the monitors, you need to use your clones to figure it out. This room was designed to stress-test Replicate Control, so all the puzzles you need to solve relate to that."

"So Iota is Gary Liddell.. who was the owner of the teenager bedroom.. who in turn is Zero? Looks like our predictions were correct after all. But if I'm not mistaken, Iota didn't die 3 times, so where'd he go?"

"This all makes sense, and is consistent with our tattoos. C1 means 'Clone 1', C2 means 'Clone 2'..." Fauna paused after listening to Jen. "No, Iota did die three times if I remember correctly. And since we now know he's Zero, maybe the people who voted for him could speak up? You two probably had a good reason after all."

Shy guy

"Gary wasn't Zero! Just... Zero's clone. He was... is... a good person." Amber says, getting a little worked up. "He wasn't Daniel Liddell. They're two completely different people."

1000% Knight

"Mari killed him in the p-pool, and he was lynched two rounds ago... What was the other t-time he was killed?" One of the Trinities wondered.

"If we're c-clones, then... What happened to our 'originals'? Why do w-we have their memories?" Another one asked.

The third Trinity was looking at some of the cylinders on the walls.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded understandingly "Aye...Gary was swapped out at the last second so Zero took the bullet for him. Presumably Gary is living in another body somewhere else in dis game."

Clean Marley smiled slightly "For a crazy old man Danny had some sense of honour ah guess. Not lettin' the kid tak tha fall for him."

Hatless Marley continued to frown away at the control panel "Right you two dips**ts should get over to those other consoles." He barked as the three Marleys moved to the other consoles.

"How did Daniel convince all of the original versions of us ta go along with dis anyway?" He asked Amber "Can't imagine we's all too friendly If'n he did kidnap the original us."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"I'm guessing he DID kidnap us, but he probably wiped our memories. Because if we were from 2100, then our ages wouldn't make sense and neither would our looks." One of the Jens said, rubbing her chin.

"Unless we had a very clear and big motive, like world salvation or something, I doubt we would've actually gone with Zero's crazy plan of kidnapping us." One of the other Jens stated following the previous statement.

"If you think about it, memory wiping doesn't strike me as impossible considering all the futuristic things here, like the cloning machines." The third Jen said, ending the chain of statements.

Shy guy

"You memories weren't wiped. It's... complicated. Too complicated for me to explain, at any rate. I wasn't really involved much in this project." Amber explains. "My job was to raise Gary in place of his parents. Um, parent, I suppose. The rest of it you'll have to ask #1."

Trinity finds that the glass tanks are filled with some kind of liquid. There are monitors on each one, though they're not currently active. Looking around the room, there are 27 tanks in total - presumably these were involved in the cloning process somehow.

Meanwhile Marley continues to talk to himself as he navigates his three bodies to each of the work stations. Lining up by each of the magenta monitors, he looks at all three simultaneously. He finds that the garbled text on each screen lines up to form coherent instructions when all viewed together, allowing the puzzle to be solved. Furthermore, each of the three screens displays a different part of the puzzle - by the looks of it, the clones need to work together as one in order to solve it.

[Magenta puzzle: http://i.imgur.com/18UObqH.png]
[Instructions: "The set of 12 pentonimos must be placed on the two numbered grids, 6 per grid, such that no pentonimo touches another, even diagonally. The numbers on the sides indicate how many cells are taken up by pentonimos in the corresponding row or column. The shaded grid indicates in grey which cells of either (or both) grid must contain a pentonimo; unshaded cells cannot contain a pentonomo."

1000% Knight

Two of the Trinities check the yellow monitors.

Shy guy

Trinity finds that this puzzle works in a similar way, though only requiring two monitors.

[Yellow puzzle: http://i.imgur.com/9Ue3rX7.png]
[Instructions: "Draw a path through both grids, moving only horizontally and vertically through cells. The ends of each path (•) and some sections of path (- - - - -) have been given.

The two grids are constructed from the same set of shapes, but shapes may be rotated and/or reflected between grids. The path through each shape must be identical in each grid. Paths must go through each shape exactly once. No path can cross itself."]

Two of the Jens also check out the cyan monitors.

Shy guy

Same again, and with that all puzzles the players needed to open the door were known.

[Cyan puzzle: http://i.imgur.com/TModXet.png]
[Instructions: "For each grid, insert a digit from 1 to 6 into each cell so that no digit repeats in any row or column. Each number in the grid represents the height of a "building" and the clues on the outside of the grid indicate how many buildings can be “seen” when looking from that direction. Taller buildings block the view of smaller buildings. For example, if a row contained the numbers 15342, then two buildings are seen from the left – 1 and 5 – and three buildings from the right – 2, 4, and 5 – with the other buildings blocked by taller buildings in front of them. Additionally, the totals of the cells in the same positions on both grids must always add up to 7."]

1000% Knight

The Trinitries draw these paths into the grids.

Shy guy

The answer is accepted, and the yellow light by the door turns green, as do the monitors. "Yes, excellent! Just two more and you'll be out of here." Amber says encouragingly.

Gettin' Old!

Clean Marley grinned as he mused over the puzzle.

"Y'know you sound like a nice woman. How th'hell d'ya work with maniacs like #2 and #5?" He asked.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"I don't." Amber replies firmly. "As I said, I was responsible for Gary, and Gary alone. I had very little involvement with the rest of the project."

"At what age did you start getting wrinkles? Or gray hair? Or too old to have kids?!" Fauna rubs her arm awkwardly when she sees everyone staring at her. "...it could be important information."

Shy guy

"Let's just say that your future has made various medical breakthroughs." Amber says, sounding like she's smiling. "Not a wrinkle or grey hair yet! Why, even #1 is doing reasonably fine, and he's 80 and a recovering alcoholic and smoker. Erm, I suppose you wouldn't call this your 'future' now, though, as it's the present."

"I got another question, probably my final one." One of the Jens speaks.

"Are we from our respective times or from 2100?" The second Jen says after the first one.

Shy guy

"You're from your own times." Amber says, sure of her answer this time. "Taken to 2100, the current year."
Page 24 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus