Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 29 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

"Additionally, now that Turbo's voted for himself, does it make a difference at all whether or not we have three votes or one? Hardly more potential for chaos considering the deadliness of the votes will be the same even if all of our clones are alive."

"Actually, scratch that. I guess things changed with the admin's new rule."

Gettin' Old!

Marley leaned in close to peer at the note at Turbo's request before shrugging unable to recognise it.

He glanced at Fauna "Aye it matters, if we go by mah original voting plan an trust Turbo, it's the same solution. Folks will only have one vote to screw around with so if someone did go crazy den dey could only do so much damage. It's nah fullproof but it's something."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"So it's possible that Turbo didn't vote for himself and could be killing two other people, as well as him not being the one who voted for Iota. In which case, those two people could also cause havoc."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Arguing possibilities isn't going to change the fact that we don't have much time. You can only discuss so much before you remember that Mari and I already voted and if we don't hurry up we're both dead." Jen #1 said.

Gettin' Old!

"Possible aye but not certain. There was nothing certain about any of dis." Marley sighed rubbing his head "What exactly is it you WANT Fauna? Fer us all to vote Turbo and guarantee, well maybe, our survival? I just dunno what yer hoping for." he said directing his clones to get in line with the others.

(Just checking GM, what clones are all ready to go?)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"First and foremost I'd like to know who killed Iota. Knowing who pushed the button isn't as important to me but I guess it would make me feel better about general cooperation. Turbo's reasoning for voting for himself is just way too shaky to me, and it's bothering me how everyone's letting it go."

(Plus if we go meta, there has to be a reason that FRANZISE voted for herself. Unless her win condition is "you can't be responsible for any person's death", then it makes no sense for her to do it beyond protecting herself or trying to screw us over. Plus I doubt that that's her win condition anyway. And I was called out earlier for trying to make the logical choice rather than the moral one, but we should be making the logical choice because the moral one is really just overall flavor for the game. We all need to try to win and voting for a player who went against the pre-established smartest plan to make their own victory easier is good enough for me. And no, I don't think using this kind of reasoning is unfair because the rules of the game are that we need to try to win first and foremost. Sorry for all the double-posts, I just don't want to edit the old ones)

1000% Knight

"It wasn't me. If it really wasn't you, then it had to b-be Mari," Trinity said.

[Eeeh idk about meta like that. What's a "victory condition" in this one anyway? This one feels more like an RP than a game, where we can FORGE OUR OWN PATH. Maybe "victory" is "the best outcome your character would have wanted," rather than merely escaping the game, and for Turbo that's sacrificing himself. *shrug* Honestly I just want this lynching phase to end already with whatever just so we can see what happens, who gets lynched, move on and finish up xD]
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

(Yeah but man there's roleplaying as a thing. You shouldn't make meta arguments.)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

(Meta arguments are useless right now. I don't really see any victory conditions here - if anything only Zero has one. My view is pretty much the same as Bad Player's, though eh. A game is a game and it's played for fun.)

"When we found Iota's body was there anything that looked like a dart gun? Or was it ON him?" Jen #1 seemingly asked Mari, Trinity and Fauna.

Shy guy

[Marley, Turbo, Trinity, Jen and Cube are all ready to take the shoot-the-spares route, I think. N's anti that option, and Chanel is... undecided, I guess?]

(Fair enough then, ignore what I said)

"Y-Y-You guys don't get it. I'm not a good person and hell, I probably deserve to die for the things I've done. I've only gone as long as I have by trusting my instincts, and right now they're screaming at me to not trust Turbo. We can't know what he voted." Fauna begins to cry. "I don't want to have to put things in my own hands...I know I'd die for it and I'd like to keep working with Mari as long as possible...but I don't want anybody else to die because of Turbo."

Fauna wipes the tears from her face and stands straight again. "I'd like to hear what Mari has to say. I think she pushed the button, but she's the only one I trust to have not killed Iota. The rest of you all have something suspicious..." Fauna points at Mari. "I know you're life is guaranteed either way, but I want your honest answer! Do you trust that Turbo voted for himself?"

"Fauna, you're right. I hit the button of course. I thought this game was going to end with more puzzles, so I wanted to ensure my safety by showing to everyone how useful I could be. Anyway, I guess to explain what's been going on in my head just now, is that these goggles show you who has murdered when you put them on. They only work once, but I thought they would work three times since I have three."

The three girls each drop a pair of now-mundane glasses to the ground.

"Anyway, I would like to remind you guys of a few things. Marley mentioned a mistress early on, and he also called himself an old officer. Both have stuck with me for a while. Second, I whispered Turbo last round admitting to hitting the button and telling me some of suspicions. He responded about his real past, which for some reason doesn't match with what Jen told us, even though just now she admitted that what Turbo said matched up with what she heard. (She lied and said he was a Caulderwood). He also admitted he knows Marley's real identity. He's Joseph Liddell's poker pal. Also remember those are the two who took the uplink together purposefully."

The two Chanels who haven't voted spring up and lock in their votes.

"Fauna, if you really trust me, Marley murdered Iota, because Jen, Marley and I were the three that lit up, and I think Jen is his mistress, and they're the two who have been chasing Daniel/Gary, and for some reason have been hiding it. Sorry if this was too much but if Marley opens fire with his stupid gun, I have no idea how you guys would win anyway. So I trust that Turbo didn't vote for you or me."

"Marley, I guess you can shoot my clones now, they're useless."

All three Faunas rush to vote.

1000% Knight

"So, um... w-what?" The 'main' Trinity said got up and scrambled out of the execution position, although they didn't go over to vote. "Can't we just... figure this all out after this lynching phase?" she asked, clearly exasperated. "We obviously can't kill the c-clones ourselves now, but... Are we still g-going to vote in that circle, or is that basically out the w-window now...?"

"Eh it's out the window. Vote for whoever you want but I'd recommend Marley to minimize the damage."

Gettin' Old!

Marley sighed "Ah'm more inclined to shoot all of yas now Mari. Seems none of ye are willin' to cooperate though ye'll have to forgive me if I don't feel like taking yer word because ye put a pair of thick glasses on. That tech just seems nonsense ta me though lemme clear some things before you rush to vote.

He fires a warning shot right in front of the Faunas as they sprint to vote "Now...stay calm, let's not make dis more chaotic than it has to be."

"The 'mistress' ah referred to wuz booze. Can't believe yes are so dull ye couldnae get that metaphor. At least Jack 'ad the excuse he was behind the times. As fer this officer thing, ah never mentioned that and the last time ye brought it up no one ever recalled it either. Why not stop s*** stirring to try and get folks killed."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Marley looked over to Trin "Ye've seen me save lives Trin. We've got nothing to believe her over. In fact she actually tried to kill 4 of us and now she's lucked into something that means we can't touch her."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"So just to be clear then, you're denying that you killed Iota?"

"I'll say that me saying Turbo is a Caulderwood was a mistake on my part." Jen #1 said, oddly calm.

"I didn't take the uplink purposefully either, it was given to me. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Trinity found a file confirming my identity as a Caulderwood Task Force member. So, all of your points are completely wrong and bad speculation. You only seem like you're spewing shit in a desperate attempt to sway Fauna's vote with some bullshit you made up on the spot based on a mistake." Jen's tone also seemed to change into a more forceful one.

"If you really don't want to believe I made a mistake, then do you think I'd have called Turbo a Caulderwood after he said he was a security guard for the Liddells?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded "Aye, it'll take more than pulling out some glasses that only work on you and claiming they can see murders. Plus the rest o' yer stuff was wrong anyway about mah mistress and me bein' an officer ye've been going on such f**kin false pretenses and tried to kill the rest of us along the way even as ah tried to give ye a second chance. Still the way it's going ye've probably got me killed anyway if all of yer clones have voted for me. Yer a f**kin' witch. Tried to kill more of us than anyone else and now ye've just got some mighty invincible thing at the end!" he spat with contempt.

(GM did the warning shot stop Fauna's votes?)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Fauna, remember that I have 1 vote for you. If I vote you 2 more times and someone else decides to vote for you one more time because you listened to Mari's bullshit, then you're dead. Just to remind you, y'know." Jen #1 said.

Gettin' Old!

Marley glanced at Jen "Nah Jen, ah don't want ta have ta resort to threatenin'. I still want as few votes as possible goin' in there. Though ah guess now we know that Mari is the agent of chaos who tried ta kill half of us it makes little difference. S'long as she was only using it fer the advantage then rather than any personal motivation ta kill the rest of us." he said biting his lip uncertain as to whether order could be salvaged here.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"I didn't vote yet, but weren't you supposed to vote for me anyway? Anyway, I've kind of had a bad feeling about Marley the entire game. Can't say I don't believe Mari at all."

Gettin' Old!

Marley sighed "Ah know ye trust Mari, but she's literally tried to kill over half of us...has made stuff up and now she's trying this. Look if ye want answers about what ah've done this game ah'll gladly answer everything once we get past this room. Jus' lets try and not kill as many folks as possible. Let's not give ourselves over ta being murderers like Mari's askin' here." he said trying to appeal to Fauna.

"Ah know we ain't been on great terms, and ah know ah'm a mite mysterious than most here but ah'll tell ya everything once we're past this. I promise ye that." he said looking directly at Fauna.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Clearly the glasses are a game item though? What else did they do if not show me murderers from your guys perspective?"

[Mistress is on page 3 and makes it sound like she's abusive]

[Officer is on page 9]

"I'll be honest, I have no hard evidence on Jen, but she's strongly associate herself with a very odious individual, and her and Marley were raving about Iota right before the round 4 vote, and ask yourself if you ever voted for Iota, and how sensibly it was the two of them this entire time."

"I never voted for Iota. I only thought he was Zero, but I didn't go farther than that. The only connection I have towards Marley is that I have an uplink with him and we've been in a bunch of room. That's it. I don't know what you're trying to prove by accusing me."

1000% Knight

"I... think the 'mistress' was j-just alcohol," Trinity says, thinking back, and clearly uncertain about what's going on.

Gettin' Old!

Marley shrugged "Or they could be yer own, like mah cigarettes and lighter. If'n ye'd really wanted to be convincin' ye woulda only used one pair and passed the others around for other folks to verify yer findings. Why the f**k ye didn't do that only serves ta make ya more bloody suspicious ta me!"

He consulted the archives to think about this "page 9" incident and slapped a hand to his face.

"D'aw f**k ye don't get that either? Ah was giving Jen a bit of ribbing since she'd murdered somewhere there. She was the 'poor officer' ah was talking about ya dips**t since she was gettin' grilled over killing at the time." he moaned "and aye alcohol is a fair abusive mistress fer me ah think we can agree."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Uhh. I mean, whatever. Just try to survive at this point if you're innocent, you know? I just can't trust Marley and you sort of feel like a part of the Marley faction. Obviously the stuff I talked about is what makes me suspect you. I just don't want Trin/Turbo/Cube and Fauna to get gunned down, which is why I bring it up."

"Oh, hmm," Chanel says passively to Marley.

"I'll let you know I only voted each of you an additional time, considering on top of you being super suspect, time was also running out."

"If you want, plan your vote around that. Clearly we cannot trust eachother, but it's out of my hands now."

Gettin' Old!

"But most of yer stuff is wrong! Misunderstandings! Ye made a whole backstory about me on two comments that ye got both wrong!" Marley hissed "And how can we trust yer votes now?! Ye specifically went out yer way ta make it impossible to verify yer claims! Ah already went outta mah way to save as many lives as I can. Everytime I busted my 'magic' to solve a puzzle there was a reasonable chance ah'd get killed. DATS why ah needed tha protection tokens. Ah was puttin mahsel at risk."

Marley hung his head "Ah jus...yer so...we coulda all got outta here without an issue....things were gonna be alright." he muttered lamentably.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"You fuckwit, you put people's lives in danger because of your speculation that was wrong from the start and now you want to say it's out of your hands?" Jen #1 turns to Chanel, evidently offended by her actions.

"Did you vote for me 3 times or not? Because if we fucked up then you pretty much killed me because of your conspiracy theories, do you realize that?"

"That's assuming you voted for me and not for Marley, who the fuck knows what you have planned now." Jen sighed, exhasperated.

To Marley.

"But I do know you killed him, and so far it seems like nobody wants to fess up to voting Iota, so that's on you too. And it would make sense considering you're his murderer and won't fess up to it. I was the third vote in round 4, and he was the third vote in round 1."

"Also can you admit you're a family friend of the Liddell's? Because, between you and Turbo, I trust Turbo more. You've never exactly ingratiated yourself to me."

Gettin' Old!

Marley let out a puff of smoke "It makes sense to you maybe but ye've got nothin' to go on. Christ...how would ah even kill him?"

Marley rubbed his temples trying to think it over.

"Ah think we're gonna have to dump on Turbo ta get out of this now and ah like the big man. The votes are so f**ked up that ah don't feel we can kill any of tha spares and control this vote now."

Bling Marley sat down and began trying to think up a voting pattern that would work.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Or... we could not do that?" Turbo suggested helpfully. "Who's voted so far, and who did they vote for?"

Shy guy

[I can't reveal votes, naturally, but if it helps I'll list everyone who has voted as that's public:
- Turbo has voted twice, claiming to vote for himself twice.
- Jen has voted once, claiming to vote for Fauna as per the updated circle strategy.
- Chanel has voted thrice, claiming to vote for Jen twice and Marley once.
No-one else has actually physically entered their votes at the machines.]

"I voted Fauna once, Mari voted for nobody fuckin' knows." Jen sighed.

"Either way we have TWO people risking death - Marley and I - because Mari decided melodrama is better than no drama at all in a game where you risk your life. Clever choice there." Jen rolled her eyes.

"Hey Cube, I know I haven't talked to you much during this game, but I'm very sorry I put you in danger in the safe room. Seriously. I did not think it would genuinely endanger everyone, and Marley stepped up faster than I could to fix the situation. I really put your life behind not even my own life, but just some plan of mine. And... I'm really sorry and I hope you make it out of here alive. Anyway, I also want you to know that there's one detail about your story that I never ever said I knew and still nobody else knows, and I hope you know that I've never ever considered you an enemy, and had we gone through the same door more than once, I would have been sure to try to touch base and tell you about what I thought. Anyway, I've obviously played this game like garbage, and at this point I'm only going to live because all of the rules are also garbage. I don't even know if the detail was important, and I'm sure it wasn't but I never once wanted to throw you under the bus."

"Anyway, this is all just to say I'm being a hundred percent honest about Marley being a murderer."

"Trinity, look I think you're sensible enough to be more level-headed than I am. Look, I talked about everything that made those guys so suspicious. That being said, I might be wrong like I've sort of been a lot. I thought maybe I might wind up being Iota's future mom or something for half the time. But yo, Marley's a killer, and I know that much, and he still hasn't admitted to any of it."
Page 29 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus