Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 115[ 4579 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F1: Summer School - PrologueTopic%20Title

Crimson looks at Flo, and shrugs. "I'm sure once we get to know each other better, you'll come to appreciate the adrenaline of being a true daredevil!" She flashes a grin.

Crimson turns to Matt and laughs. "Of course! Not getting caught is half the fun!" She laughs once more. "..Only kidding."

The young redhead then turns to face Arthur. "Hmm, that would be quite the thrilling experience...I accept your offer!" she says with an air of determination.

"Yes", said Flo to Crimson. "Just so long as no one gets hurt right?"

Flo turned to Sakura. "Custom eh? Sometime, let's make a Monomi one!"

"And sociology, it's like… everything, including parts of psychology. I guess the difference is I'm not good with all those math and statistics in psychology, while sociology is more just observing and putting labels on everything. We think about how people and society function, but don't ever do anything about it."

Flo fished out her handbook. She glanced at it, then to Matt.

"Could you reverse-engineer these things then?" Flo asked. "And be the only one to enter everyone's rooms…"

She shook the thought off.

"Sorry, sorry. I don't even know you yet. I guess I should explain why I'm here too then. I'm here because my sisters noticed I lacked social skills with my peers. I spent all my time around super old people and don't really remember how other teenagers act like. I qualified to be a SHSL Sociologist so I figured, why not? Maybe I can become a better person and sociologist at the same time."

Happy Maria

Quote:
"Oh, about that! I might know the answer. It's very possible the Handbooks could use biometric recognition methods like a fingerprint scanner or an iris scanner. It could also require a password for a login, though I think that's less likely."

Solomon scratches his chin for a second. "I see. So that's how. Is this true, Monomi?"

Quote:
Arthur seemed to deflate for a moment. "Eh... well, I would hope that my books would make enough of an impression to be remembered, but since you asked for a blurb... er... synopsis..." he seemed to perk up. "Well, I have copies of all my books here-- why don't I let the works speak for themselves? Scoundrel is my favorite, even if it's not quite as technically proficient as some of my other works. It's about a retired thief in a low-magic fantasy setting. He has to prove a wizard is framed for murder, and the seemingly impossible murder was done by mundane means, rather than magic!"

Arthur paused. "As for why I'm here... well... it's sort of embarrassing, but I failed my Creative Writing course. You understand- my editor set deadlines."

Solomon takes the book from Arthur and pauses. "Don't worry. This sort of thing happens to the best of us."

Quote:
She listens to Solomon with interest. "Dance, huh? You know, I've never had the chance to get into dancing. It would probably be fun! So why'd you stop, then?"

Solomon pauses once again at this question, then suddenly...blushes. "Er, well, it's quite embarrassing, you see. It was...my sister, Sophia. She has a way with words around me. She wanted me to take art because she thought I would be good at it. I'm surprised she even thought that at the time. My art works were horrendous, honestly."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Matt turns to Flo. "Interesting question." He rubbed his chin with his right hand. "I'd need the appropriate tools.. which I highly doubt I could find here, unless there are random screwdrivers laying around with all the tips I'd need. Even then I couldn't do much even if I took the back off the Handbook, it'd just let me have a look at the internals, not much else." Matt then stops and breathes in.

"All that to say I'd probably only know what's inside and how they work, not how to modify them."

Shy guy

"Ahh, I'm sure it'll be fine!" Sakura says, unworried. "I don't think anyone here intends to go sneaking into anyone else's room, anyway." She idly folds a butterfly and then sends it spinning through the air. "Still, weird place this, huh?" She says, looking around the circular chamber with its 7 doors leading out. "This isn't anything like any school I've ever seen! Maybe they just do it differently abroad?" Sakura looks around at the non-Japanese students, seeking an answer.

"Feh..." Subaru grunted. "It has been a while since we had such company. We will not reveal our talent just yet, as pointless as that may be. Just know that whenever you feel an otherworldly presence haunting you, you can seek us out. As for why we are here, we had more pressing duties than attending school, so we skipped most of it. They had to practically beg us to join summer school, telling us that we had potential like never before." He finished with a small smirk.

"Speaking of which..." Subaru walked up to Monomi. "Your association promised us new equipment and a richer environment to practice our talent." His eyes narrowed in suspicion. "We don't care what you might teach us, but know that we will not stay here if your promise isn't fulfilled."

Happy Maria

"This certainly isn't common where I live." Solomon pipes up. "Why are there only seven doors here? Where are the other students? Why only sixteen of us? And what's even up with...well, Monomi? I'm honestly not sure what type of summer school this is, really."

He looks towards Subaru. "Hey, what's all this about a promise here?"

Subaru put his hand on his chin thoughtfully. "Whatever association Ms. Monomi works for, they promised us better means of practicing and enhancing our talent. Didn't they tell you humans the same thing?" He addressed everyone in the room. "If not, this is proving to be more and more interesting..."

Shy guy

"I'm only here because I failed so many classes." Sakura replies morosely. "It really sucks! I had to leave all my friends behind, and we're not even allowed to contact the outside world! It really is a good thing you're all here."

"You're right, Solomon. This doesn't really look like a school at all. What worries me is that Monomi said friends for life.. which I'm not sure if I should take it in its worst meaning." Matt sighed.

"Also, Monomi, why would you say 'verify that it's safe'? If it's a school, shouldn't it already be safe? What exactly are you verifying here?"

"Oh my...I can already feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins! What if Monomi sent us here to participate as contestants in some kind of daunting obstacle course? I've always wanted to be on American Ninja Warrior.." Crimson scratches her chin.

Happy Maria

Solomon looks at Monomi suspiciously. "I think you have some questions to answer. Please do answer them."

One of the students was a slender girl, about average height for a Japanese high-schooler. Jet-black hair trimmed to a shoulder-length bob framed her round, porcelain face, and jet-black, rectangular glasses framed her deep brown eyes. Her outfit was a traditional Hope's Peak summer uniform - a white short-sleeved dress shirt with red bow, brown pleaded skirt, grey socks, and brown shoes - with no embellishments of any kind, a bit of a rarity. Compared to the other eccentric students of Hope's Peak, she looked incredibly ordinary, almost forgettable. The one thing that stood out about the girl's appearance was her bright pink notebook, which was plastered with glittery stickers of hearts, umbrellas, and other things. She was as surprised as the others at their strange environment at first, but now she was writing furiously into her notebook, a sly grin on her lips as she quietly observed the rest of the students.

"Heeheehee... Yes, yes, wonderful!" The girl giggled quietly to herself. "Oh, I knew it! There's so much potential here!"

When the subject of introductions arose, she gasped and shut her notes. "Ah, I'm sorry, how rude of me."

The girl straightened herself and smiled brightly at the others. "Nice to meet you! My name is Sayako Amachi, but you can call me Matchy if you'd like. My birthday is November 9th, I like reading, listening to music, and walking through parks, but my absolute passion is coupling! Nothing makes me happier than seeing cute, perfect, and above all happy couples together! As for why I'm here... well, that should be obvious now, right?"

She bowed to the group. "I hope everyone here gets along really, REALLY well. Please be kind to me!"

screen freezes as her title scrolls by DR-style

Sayako Amachi
Super High School Level Coupler

Shy guy

"OHMYGOSH!" Sakura exclaims, bringing her arms up close to her chest and squealing. "Your talent is coupling?? That's so great! I had no idea a talent like that even existed! This trip just got, like, 10 times better! Ooh, this is going to be so funnn!" She babbled for a bit, overly excited by Sayako's introduction.

Happy Maria

Solomon frowns. "I see. Sayako Amachi, AKA Matchy. The Ultimate Coupler, hmm? Pardon me, but I don't fully understand. Why exactly are you here?"

"Yes, yes, absolutely!" Sayako cried cheerfully as she ran over to Sakura. "Are you interested? You are, right?" She opened her notebook again. "Would you like to tell me all about yourself? The more I know about someone, the better I can match them!"

She turned and shot a huge smile at Solomon. "This is why I'm here, of course!"

Flo scribbled something in her binder. She plopped it up for all to see:

Arthur Ranpo- SHSL Mystery Author
Crimson Callow- SHSL Stuntwoman
Flo Yates- SHSL Sociologist
Jay Slezak- SHSL ???
Matt Cognomen- SHSL Technophile
Ryuji Arisato- SHSL Actor
Sakura Himawari- SHSL Origami Practitioner
Sayako Amachi- SHSL Coupler
SiRReN- SHSL Theater Girl
Solomon Cox- SHSL Bookworm
Subaru Musashi- SHSL Medium?

"This is everyone so far right? And exactly how many of you are Japanese?"

Happy Maria

Solomon stood there, confused. "Y-your smile? Is that it? Or is it your notebook, or your tendency to pair two people together? Seems like an odd reason to bring someone here."

He then looked at Flo. "Ah, good, someone else is keeping track. I recommend also listing the reason we're here. Seems like it could be important. Soon."

Beware of the Dog

"Wow. You're actually wearing that uniform? Or did they force you? They sure forced me to put it on a couple of times..."

Right now, the girl who said this to Sayako was wearing thick, sturdy brown trousers, matching hiking boots, a washed out, dirty looking white t-shirt with "Beware of the dog" written on it, and round, green framed glasses, which had thick lenses that made her eyes look astonishingly small. Her hair was rather short and had the same colour as her boots.

She looked as if she came from a trip through the woods, at least if you ignored the blue piece of cloth around her neck, which looked like an old doggie bandana. On it, the word "SAM" was written in red capital letters.

"Oh, I guess I should introduce myself to you guys. I'm Charlotte Bloom, but everyone calls me Charlie. Basically, I'm here because Hope's Peak arranged a meeting between me and a professional police dog trainer. I was supposed to "consult" her, which I did. I told her that if she kept wearing that horrible viola perfume at work, it was no wonder that her dogs couldn't focus. You just need common sense to figure that one out!"

She shook her head with a furious look on her face. "So that's why I'm here. Because of an ignorant "professional" who puts lives on risk with her anosmia. I'm an Ultimate Osmologist, by the way. I'm proficient in the study of scents."

Last edited by Viktoria von Karma on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I dunno So Co, Solomon, I want it simple," said Flo. "When we've all introduced ourselves I'll ask Monomi to pin this to a bulletin board or something."

She then wrote in Charlotte's name and talent.

"Who said I was brought here?" Sayako tilted her head, giving Solomon a quizzical look. "I volunteered for this! How would I CP if I stayed at home? Although this isn't quite the school environment I expected..." She trailed off, eyeing the room they were in again.

She raised her hand and called out to Flo, "One hundred percent Japanese here!" before wilting slightly at Charlotte's comments. "Huh? I... wore this because... it's standard school issue and I didn't see a reason not to. Does it... not suit me?"

Quote:
"Ah, good, someone else is keeping track. I recommend also listing the reason we're here. Seems like it could be important. Soon."

"'Important'?" 'Soon?' What makes you suspect that this information is of any relevance?" Arthur asked. "Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sharing, (in fact, I already have), but you sound... ominous? Foreboding?"

Subaru was surprised at Flo's suggestion. "Medium? We never thought of ourselves like that...Intriguing, but still not our talent. We're Japanese, for what it's worth."

He then addressed Sayako. "Ms. Amachi, isn't it? You better not dare pair us up with one of these humans, understood?"

Happy Maria

Quote:
So Co

(Nice, someone got it)

"Welcome to the team, Charlie. Only a few more left." Solomon turned to Arthur. "Sorry if that came across the wrong way. It's just...well, this school seems super suspicious, and I felt that we'd need these in the future, you know? Anyway, Ms. 'CP', shall we have an interview now?" He raised his eyebrows cockily.

"Aha...So you're the young man named after that car brand...!" Crimson says to Subaru. "You seem...interesting?"

She looks around the room once more. "Alright, this means there are still about...5 people left to meet!"

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Yes, yes, absolutely!" Sayako cried cheerfully as she ran over to Sakura. "Are you interested? You are, right?" She opened her notebook again. "Would you like to tell me all about yourself? The more I know about someone, the better I can match them!"

"Ooh, yes, yes! My name is Sakura, which in the language of flowers means kind and gentle! My birthday's July 6th, which makes my star-sign Cancer! My ideals are freedom, creativity and innovation! So I kind of dislike traditionalism. I enjoy streaming video logs, where I can chat with the viewers while folding freely. I do take my craft seriously, though! No cutting or tearing paper, and preferably no tools. If there's a model I want to make, I'll practice it for hours on end to make sure it's perfect! Otherwise I like hanging out with friends, doing whatever." Sakura says all this very quickly, and is forced to stop and take a few breaths. "Um... that's, like, everything that comes to mind at the moment. Hope it helps!"

Calming down again, Sakura takes the time to look at Flo's compiled list. "Hmm... My guess is that Jay is the Ultimate Pun Master! Well, guess it's best to hear it from him first, though. SiRRen's talent involves costumes specifically, I think. And Subaru is the Ultimate Weirdo!" She says cheerfully.

"Nice to meet you, Charlie!" She adds, addressing the Osmologist. "That makes 4 left to speak, I think."

"Cancer... Open-minded... Dedicated... Very social... Yes, this is all wonderful, thank you!" She beamed at the other girl while jotting down notes. "So what kinds of people are you interested in?"

"No humans? Perfect!" Sayako smiled brightly at Subaru. "That means nobody gets left out! So what IS your preference? Otherworldy beings? Animals? Electronics?" She faltered for a moment and flushed red. "Oh, sorry! I got carried away. There's no need to be embarrassed, but if you'd rather not talk about your tastes in front of everyone, please let me know later in private."

She turned to Solomon again, notebook at the ready. "Yes, yes, of course! So you're interested in coupling too? I'm so glad!"

Happy Maria

Solomon nodded. "Let's see...I'm Solomon. I have a sister named Sophie a few years younger than me, but we were both born on October 6th. Not only that, but our mother and father's names are both Jesse! My favourite colour is orange-red, to be specific. My zodiac is Libra, and I'm a Year of the Snake. I love reading fiction a lot, and I can do the tango real well. I think that's all."

Subaru facepalmed. "We've been dealing with this joke our entire life...The name Subaru does stand for something, just so you know." After composing himself, he continued. "We're no more interesting than the rest of you humans, but we see why we may come across as a...'weirdo', just as Ms. Himawari puts it."

Subaru stared in disbelieve at Sayako. "Now we remember why we lost faith in your race..."

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Cancer... Open-minded... Dedicated... Very social... Yes, this is all wonderful, thank you!" She beamed at the other girl while jotting down notes. "So what kinds of people are you interested in?"

"Let's see... I haven't really thought about that." Sakura says, pondering the question and fiddling idly with a piece of paper. "I like interesting people, who'll stand by their beliefs, I suppose. I said I dislike traditionalism, but if a traditionalist has well thought-out reasons behind their beliefs, I won't fault them for it! Though really, as long as they're not obviously a jerk I'm willing to be open minded. Who knows what could happen, right?" She continues brightly. The paper in her hand has been folded into a cat, though she doesn't appear to be paying much attention to it.

javascript:toggle_quick_repMatt held out his Handbook and stared at it for a few minutes from various angles.

"Yeah, nevermind. This thing is impossible to take apart unless you want to completely destroy it. There isn't a kink or even a screwhole and the display is embedded into the frame, somehow. I couldn't even change the display if I wanted to." He then sighed.

"I would have loved to see how this was made, damn."

"To answer lingering questions: your handbook lets you into your room and nobody else's through uh, code stuff. But you're allowed inside another's room if invited! But students shouldn't in bedrooms together...anyway, if your handbook is stolen, please report it to your teacher! "

"The doors just lead to different areas of the building to practice your talents. I haven't seen them before, so I don't want to let the students wander into unfamiliar areas! Almost done with Door 1!"

"So you're a teacher of this school but you haven't seen the areas of said school before? That sounds fishy."

"Well, it is is a little strange...I swear they weren't here yesterday. Construction must've worked on it all night."

Happy Maria

Quote:
But students shouldn't in bedrooms together...

"Shouldn't what?" Solomon asks with exasperation. "And how does this construction take so little time to finish so much? Is this school recently built?!"

Shy guy

"Haaah?" Sakura stared confusedly at the odd rabbit. "This is just a summer school, right? What's with all the secrecy and construction? Ooh, did they prepare special surprises for us behind the doors? I guess that is just like Hope's Peak, going the extra mile like that. Maybe there'll be a pool! It is summer, after all!"

"She slash it means that we shouldn't be sleeping together. Man, this is annoying." Matt crossed his arms.

"Considering the level of tech that went into building the Handbook and the bedroom lock mechanism, I wouldn't be surprised if the people here are actually capable of building things very quickly."

Datamatt wrote:
"Also, Monomi, why would you say 'verify that it's safe'? If it's a school, shouldn't it already be safe? What exactly are you verifying here?"

"Ha. No."

A man -- no, boy -- of staggering height interjects gruffly in response. Not only is his height dizzying, but his wide shoulders cast a shadow over the shorter students as he makes his way into the conversation. Built like a truck, his arms are wider than some of the skulls of those around him.

His clothes are simple. A plain grey t-shirt is thrown over his muscular torso, showing the scars he has on his arms. He wears baggy black pants with bright yellow suspenders. On his feet he wears boots.

His face is stern and sharp. He has a chiseled jaw line, an angular nose, and a furrowed brow, which casts a dark shadow over his vivid blue eyes. His hair is short, black, and spiked at the top of his head. Stray grey hairs are mixed in with the black, which makes him look much older than he is.

"You'd be surprised what people can get away with to cut safety costs."

"Anyway, the name is Van Waterfield. I'm here to get in a few architectural design courses over the summer."

Shy guy

Sakura looked up at Van. And up. "Sup, dude?" She greets him vaguely, a little dazed by his overwhelming presence. She then looks down again and back at the other students, abruptly changing topic. "I'm starting to feel a little dumb. Am I really the only one who's here because I failed a bunch of classes? Hoo boy, and to think I was expecting to be among a bunch of other idiots like me! Maybe I'll take this seriously after all... Eh, I'll consider it, at any rate." She finishes with a shrug.

"I can't imagine why they would cut safety costs.. but you probably know more than me there. Though I did figure one thing out." Matt took out his student handbook. "This thing works with a digital fingerprint. Unless someone can steal your fingerprint, it's pretty safe."
Page 2 of 115 [ 4579 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus