Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 74 of 78[ 3111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next

Re: Danganronpa F2: Prisoner's Dilemma- Ch. 5 Class TrialTopic%20Title

ASCEND

“Alright, I think we should do a Scrum debate on something like, ‘Was Aria killed before or after the gas leak?’ That should help narrow things down at the very least.”

"But we need everyone other than the murder buddies to agree on this to use it, so... how about it?"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Hmmmmm..... I s'pose that would be useful information to have..." Maribelle conceded. "Alright, I'm fine with this."

"I don't see any other way to move on from here, so fine. I'll vote for it as well." Veronica said, agreeing with the others.

Sock

Raymond shrugs.

"It's not like I can stop you. Have your fun."

"While we're waitin' on the debate to start, I was wonderin' if we could discuss the scarf." said Maribelle. "It seems like the scarf that Veronica saw wasn't really long enough to do anythin' regardin' movin' things or people to different floors from outside. The only thing I can think of that it could've been there for was gettin' a message from the inside to the outside."

Maribelle bit her lower lip, in thought. "But the only kind of message that makes sense would be from Raymond to Yuma, maybe signalling that Aria had died, so that Yuma would be free to murder Ohishi."

She turned to Simon and Veronica. "Thoughts?"

ASCEND

"That's the only thing that makes sense to me," Simon replies, "He could have put up that scarf on his way to the top floor to dispose of that chisel... Aria didn't even necessarily have to be gone yet, as long as Ray thought she was."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Maribelle nodded. "Also, Raymond had a way to see that Ohishi had died-- he could've seen the smoke risin' from her body. Yuma couldn't see Aria though, so he'd need to signal to Yuma that he'd killed someone."

Sock

"Hm. You're all doing better than I thought."

Raymond smiles. It's only a little creepy.

ASCEND

"Oh, put a sock in it, murder man. Your edgy soliloquys aren't helping anyone."

Simon sighs and continues, "Anyway... so both Yuma and Ray could have known when the other murder happened. But Veronica saw the scarf in the window... so does that mean Ray did it first? Or at least thought he did?"

Kachu wrote:

"Tch... Shut up, you creep. I can't believe I ever considered you a friend..." Veronica mumbles.

Sock

Salem wrote:
Kachu wrote:

"Tch... Shut up, you creep. I can't believe I ever considered you a friend..." Veronica mumbles.

Raymond's eyes widen a little at the last comment, but he quickly replaces it with a glare.

"Hah! Lying to yourself now won't get you out of this mess faster. Falling for the little sociopath is better for you than thinking like that."

"Upupu. As you wish. Let's Scrum Debate!"

The podiums rise up to the sky. Eight take one side, eight take another. The class prepares their argument, Was Aria killed before or after the gas leak?

Maribelle presents the arguments for before. Simon for after.

Maribelle:

OoC Summary:

* Aria was stabbed before she was killed, and this resulted in her death.
* The chisel is the only weapon that could have been used to stab Aria.
* The chisel was found on the fifth floor.
* Simon was on the fourth floor before the gas attack, and was the last out of the school after the gas attack.
* If the stabbing occured after the gas attack, the stabber had no way of getting the chisel up to the fifth floor without Simon discovering them.
* Therefore, the only time Aria could have been stabbed (and thus killed), is before the gas attack.

Simon

* Aria was definitely stabbed with the chisel before the gas leak. But that doesn’t mean she was killed before it.
* Aria had a lot of pointless wounds, so maybe they weren’t all dealt at the same time.”
* Ray went to kill Aria before the gas leaked and then attacked her with the chisel.
* During his stab-happy spree, Aria was knocked unconscious. Then he clogged up the drinking fountain and left her there, hoping she’d drown.
* After destroying the parrot to cover his tracks, he left to return the chisel. On the way up, he chucked the smoke bomb in the furnace to trigger the gas leak, which would hopefully keep people from finding the body.
* However, Aria survived, waking up before she drowned. I think she broke the lock to the RC cause maybe Ray jammed it or something.
* Anyway, Ray or someone else, but probably Ray, came back to the crime scene later, he beat her with her own flute for added poetic injustice.

"The debate is over," says Monokuma. The podiums slowly sink back to their original positions.

"It was a close one," continues Monokuma, "and while not all the points were sound, Simon is closer to the truth here."

"S-So does that mean Ohishi died first...? T-Then that means..." Not wanting to finish the thought, Veronica pulled her hat down more on her head, trying to cover her eyes. "N-No..."

Maribelle nodded towards Veronica. "You told me ya'd be with me 'till the end, right? Well, this ain't the end, yet, Darlin'. Let's see if'n we can't figure out a little bit more about how Aria died."

She turned to Monokuma. "Best we can tell, she drowned. That'd mean that she has water in her lungs, right? Can you confirm whether 'r not she does?"

Monokuma wheels Aria’s corpse in.

“Simon,” he says. “Put your finger in her mouth.”

“What? Err, fine.”

He shoves his forefinger down her throat. Everyone makes a face until Simon is done.

Monokuma wheels Aria back out.

“So,” he asks. “How was it.”

“Gross,” says Simon, pulling a face. “But really dry. Like, drier than how your mouth usually feels.”

Maribelle sighed and looked at Veronica. "Sorry, Darlin'. I tried to help ya out, even though I've got no love for... Yuma... 'specially not now. I won't tell ya not to hate me, 'n' I won't insult yer feelin's by tellin' ya that there are other fish in the sea..." she looked down at her feet. "'Specially not with the memories I've got to keep alive... but I will say that I meant what I said before. I've been where you are now, an' I'll be there for ya..."

She turned away. "If'n ya ever wanna talk to me again."

She then looked at Raymond. "We've been right about almost everythin' so far. But ya said somethin' earlier-- somethin' about not lettin' us vote for the wrong person, right? That's 'cause it needs to be that way-- you wouldn't wanna have 'the real villain' get away, would ya?"

"Yer plan all along was to get an amulet for the murder, but without becomin' the blackened. Fer that you needed to kill, but to have Yuma kill first. So ya came up with yer plan-- to murder Aria and have Yuma murder Ohishi. Ya made sure that Yuma killed someone in a way that you could visually confirm with the flamethrower, 'n' then murder Aria yerself. But you needed Yuma to think that you killed first. That's why you made sure to murder Aria in a place where he couldn't see into-- her RC. You put the scarf on the window to make Yuma believe that you'd killed Aria, so that he'd kill Ohishi. But ya didn't kill Aria-- you left her to bleed out from her wounds in her RC. After Yuma had already made his kill."

"All so ya could get this amulet and give it to whoever it is yer gonna give it to, while taking out Yuma, the Ultimate Hitman. In the name of yer 'justice'." Maribelle said, disgusted. "All without riskin' yer own skin. Even though Yuma's the blackened, yer the architect of this crime."

"Am I wrong?" Maribelle asked of the so-called Ultimate Vigilante.

"Regardin' the Panic Talk Action-- I'd like us to use it. I have somethin' to discuss with Simon and Veronica before we vote." she said.

ASCEND

"Yeah, so Ray actually ISa disgusting, horrible person? Big shocker there."

MechaQdogg wrote:
"Regardin' the Panic Talk Action-- I'd like us to use it. I have somethin' to discuss with Simon and Veronica before we vote." she said.

Simon replies, "Sure, why not?"

"Is such trickery really justice? You're a coward." Yuma spat at Ray and looked down at his podium. "In case I was the killer, I suppose that my actions have come to face me...Heh, you fulfilled your threat Ohishi."

"I know this may seem like hypocrisy, but allow me to ask you this. If Ray did trick me into killing first, who is the true killer here? Two people, one regrettably by my hand, lost their life against their will today...and perhaps one more. Will you allow that? We are all one together, don't let Ray break us! If there really is a thing such as justice, have faith that it will get him if you vote!"

Maribelle closed her eyes and steeled herself. "So, if I'm right about how things went down, 'n' Raymond tricked Yuma into becoming the blackened, then Raymond was really the architect of both Aria's death 'n' Ohishi's. And when we vote Yuma, he'll have died, basically at Raymond's hands as well. And I just have to say... 'no'."

She shook her head. "Are we gonna let Monokuma define what 'punishment' is, 'n' who deserves it? Or are we gonna stand up and tell him 'n' Raymond that they're not gonna define our sense of right 'n' wrong? No. We're not gonna let Raymond, who orchestrated not one, but two murders go free. Not just because the Bear tells us that it's the 'right' answer. It ain't right. Raymond directly murdered Aria, 'n' gave Yuma leave to kill Ohishi."

"So I'm proposin' we take matters into our own hands with the only power we have here: our votes." she said. "I say we vote for Raymond and let fate decide. It's more just, in my estimation, to die tryin' to stop this monster--" she indicated Raymond, "-- from gettin away with his completely unjust scheme just because Monokuma says it'll save us. It might save our bodies, but I want to take back somethin' more. I wanna save us. Our will to tell right from wrong. Even if it might cost one of us our lives. I say we take the chance of stopping Raymond here, even if that means we risk our lives in the process. I say we vote Raymond, even though he's not the blackened."

Maribelle released her breath in a gasp she didn't even know she was holding in. She looked as if some burden of hers was released.

She finally faced Veronica and Simon, alternately looking them both in their eyes. "But I'm not gonna do it alone. Unlike some here, I'm not gonna take an unwilling innocent life just to satisfy my own sense o' justice. That's reprehensible, 'n' no matter what happens, I won't do it. So if either of you, Veronica, Simon, don't wanna risk yer lives for it, I'll vote Yuma an' that'll be the end of it. I won't judge either of you for it, either. Just tell me 'no', an' that'll be that. Even if you don't want to risk each others lives, 'r mine, I'll be happy to vote fer Yuma. I won't think any less of either of ya."

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vinny_Valens wrote:
"Is such trickery really justice? You're a coward." Yuma spat at Ray and looked down at his podium. "In case I was the killer, I suppose that my actions have come to face me...Heh, you fulfilled your threat Ohishi."

"I know this may seem like hypocrisy, but allow me to ask you this. If Ray did trick me into killing first, who is the true killer here? Two people, one regrettably by my hand, lost their life against their will today...and perhaps one more. Will you allow that? We are all one together, don't let Ray break us! If there really is a thing such as justice, have faith that it will get him if you vote!"

"Shut yer goddamn trap, you trash person!" Maribelle spat. "You still murdered Ohishi of yer own free will. Someone who deserved yer respect! You did this 'cause you intended to be where Raymond is now, gettin' off scot free for a murder. As far as I'm concerned, the only difference between you an' him..." she pointed to Raymond, "... is that you were dumb enough to get tricked by someone you had no business trustin' in the first place. I ain't doin' this fer you, so do yerself a favor and never speak again. I never wanna hear your name, 'r see yer face after this."

Sock

Raymond laughs loud.

"Finally. Yes, It's as you said. Of course you'd never understand my motives. Just go ahead and assume as you please.

You want to vote for me? Then you'd let that little madman free. And killing one of the remainder. Go ahead. Take that risk. But I'm not going to die yet. I can't.

I couldn't care less what all of you think of me, either. None of you cared in the first place. I'd be an idiot if I were to return the favour. There's only one person left..."

"Either way, what will it be? Are you willing to risk your own lives and release that damn sociopath!?"

ASCEND

Simon turns away from the group and rests his back against the podium.

"I don't know, Ray... Maybe we'd be more likely to let you live if you told us why you did it... How about it, Ray? What's your eloquently crafted sob story? What's worth killing three people over, Ray?"

Kachu wrote:
Raymond laughs loud.

"Finally. Yes, It's as you said. Of course you'd never understand my motives. Just go ahead and assume as you please.

You want to vote for me? Then you'd let that little madman free. And killing one of the remainder. Go ahead. Take that risk. But I'm not going to die yet. I can't.

I couldn't care less what all of you think of me, either. None of you cared in the first place. I'd be an idiot if I were to return the favour. There's only one person left..."

"Either way, what will it be? Are you willing to risk your own lives and release that damn sociopath!?"

"Do ya even hear what yer sayin'?" asked Maribelle. "You'd kill three people to let yer warped justice be served and yer spoutin' words like 'madman'? Yer seriously doubting how much we cared? You beat on and stabbed Aria, the sweetest person brought to this island, 'n' left her to bleed out, scared 'n' alone, 'n' ya've got the gall to say things like that?"

"You're not supposed to show emotion by killing, Red." Yuma sighed. "I couldn't save you from yourself..."

Vinny_Valens wrote:
"You're not supposed to show emotion by killing, Red." Yuma sighed. "I couldn't save you from yourself..."

"Save?" asked Maribelle. "Yer seriously talkin' about savin' Ray when ya killed Ohishi in cold blood 'n' intended to get away with it? I wouldn't count on you to save money if'n ya had a bank account. Yer just as bad a person as Ray is. Don't you dare talk like yer morally superior to or wiser than anyone. You are the biggest disappointment I've experienced in my time here."

Sock

"I have a brother."

Raymond turns to Simon. "He's the only one who matters to me. No one else does anymore. Not even Aria, the sweetest, most kind, most elegant--" Raymond slams his podium mid sentence. "I can't let my emotions get in my way. My brother is safe, but I can't die until I see him again. And my duty as vigilante is complete."

Kachu wrote:
"I have a brother."

Raymond turns to Simon. "He's the only one who matters to me. No one else does anymore. Not even Aria, the sweetest, most kind, most elegant--" Raymond slams his podium mid sentence. "I can't let my emotions get in my way. My brother is safe, but I can't die until I see him again. And my duty as vigilante is complete."

"You don't deserve to see him again, and I hope you never do." Maribelle said, releasing a tear.

"I'm done with sob stories and superiority an' complex motives. To hell with it. You hear me? TO HELL WITH IT. You killed someone that didn't deserve it. Someone innocent 'n' kind. There is no depth of hell that you don't deserve."

"My life is not mine to decide whether I was to save it or not! I was the only one in ages able to unite the order, do you know how many lives would have been lost had I willingly sacrificed myself?!" Yuma finally broke. "I won't lie, I killed many to be where I am right now, but what sort of insane killer do you think I am to be proud of what I do?! I never asked for this life, and now hundreds of others hang in your hands!"

Vinny_Valens wrote:
"My life is not mine to decide whether I was to save it or not! I was the only one in ages able to unite the order, do you know how many lives would have been lost had I willingly sacrificed myself?!" Yuma finally broke. "I won't lie, I killed many to be where I am right now, but what sort of insane killer do you think I am to be proud of what I do?! I never asked for this life, and now hundreds of others hang in your hands!"

"You chose it. Chose to continue it, too." said Maribelle. "Chose to kill Ohishi, who saved yer life. Not that you'd know that 'r care. And so you took her life to escape this island, 'n' now yer letting Veronica, who you care for soooooooo much, to possibly die to save yer life. It looks like yer about to fail, by my reckoning. Don't ask me to care about whatever yer circumstances are. You could've been a better person, 'n' you chose not to. Yer already dead to me. If I live through this, one of my greatest accomplishments'll be forgetting you ever existed."

Monokuma eats from a tub of popcorn.

"Boy, what an exciting turn of events. You guys voted on a PTA lifeline earlier, so here you go. PTA Activate!"

(You now have an extra day of discussion)

Sock

Laughing once more, Raymond speaks. "I couldn't care less how you feel about my brother and me meeting him again. It'll happen. I'm notifying here."

Then, to Yuma. "Dpnt speak again. You're mad. You justify horrible actions. I might as well, but you've done far worse. Please die already."

"Don't assume anything about my choices! It was either death on the cold streets or a chance at life, and the same situation haunts me now. I promised 366 to never regret anything at my death, and I intend to fulfill that promise. If you see it fit to put me down, I will not beg for my life like a coward."

Last edited by Vinny_Valens on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

Simon chuckles, then turns back to the class, his camera in his hands, the power light turned on. He puts it on the podium and presses a button. The group hears Simon, Yuma, Maribelle, and Ray talking, and it's the same stuff they said a few seconds ago. It seems Simon had discreetly taken his camera out and turned it on after turning around. Simon grins, gives everyone two thumbs up, and says, "Sweet speeches, guys!"

"Hey, guys, y'know what YouTube loves? Drama." He flips through photos and videos on his camera and says, "And boy, do I have a LOT of drama on here. We've got some stuff about Yuma and Ray talking about killing people... Ray talking about how he values one guy's life above three people... Maribelle absolutely destroying Ray and Yuma a few times... That 'secret footage' of Ray... Wow, there's a lotta stuff in here."

"Alright guys, here's my plan. First, we vote for Ray. Then, if we get a less than... desirable outcome, one of us can see to it that this stuff gets out there. Maybe we can even add some stuff on Yuma being a total creep, too! I gotta say though... Too bad that amulet can't help with emotional trauma, cause I doubt Ray's brother will be pleased if he happens to find out that three people died over him." Simon puts his camera back in one of his pockets and says, "Ah, well. You can't make an omelette without breakin' a few eggs. I'm sure Ray knows a lot about that."

Ignoring Simon, she continued.

"I don't care which of you is a slightly less awful person. I really can't be bothered anymore. See, yer both under the same misconception: This has nothin' to do with you. Either of you. 'Cause of the choice we've been presented with, one of you has to survive, an' in my opinion that's one too many. I don't give a rat's ass about either of you. I'd not wish either of you on anyone I've ever met. Not 'cause yer 'scary' 'r 'dangerous', but 'cause yer under the delusion that either of you matter enough to anyone to kill someone. You don't. Nothin', an' I mean NOTHING you are or have or do make you worth that. If either of you had a sense of justice, you'd've come to this conclusion long ago. But ya both keep spoutin' nonsense about how important you are or how much yer brother matters to ya, 'r your organization 'r yer meaningless little existences."

"Screw 'em. Screw 'em all." she said. She pointed to Ray. "Screw yer brother." she turned to Yuma "Screw yer whole organization. I hope when you both escape this island, you find they're dead an' gone. I hope someone destroys them because they just haaaaaad to save somethin' that was dear to 'em. Actually, I have more likely hope: that they got on much better without you in their lives."

She turned towards the judge's podium, where her true foe sat with a bucket of popcorn. "This is about you, Monokuma. This is about you dictating what we should see as 'punishment' fer a crime. You don't get to do that just 'cause ya've got power here. An' this is me tryin' to take it from ya. I want you be underneath my foot, tellin' me how wrong you were. What it's like to have that power taken away from ya an' not bein' able to dictate to others how they should feel. I want to see yer despair fer everything you've taken from us."

Sock

"You want us both to die? Good luck. There's a very real chance we will both live. Are you willing to risk that, just to kill me?"

Raymond laughs like the crazy person he is.

"Eh." Monokuma looked at Maribelle screaming at him. "Hun' ah 'ave no idea what in tarnations yer tryin' tah say. I just try to keep balance and order. Go shout at Raymond and Yuma some more."

ASCEND

Simon stubs his toe again.

He shouts several bad words but Monokuma uses an air horn to censor them.

Oops god-modding, sorry.

{{Publisher's Note: Simon voted for Ray eventually but it never got mentioned in the thread oops. Here it is anyway.}}

Meanwhile the jolt to Simon's toe causes him to have a brilliant idea.

"Guys, I had a brilliant idea!" Simon shouts, "Ray isn't guilty, and neither is Yuma. I mean, think about it. They can't actually be a Vigiliante and a Hitman. I mean, look at them. They're stupid as shit! They couldn't even kill a grandmother at an intensive care ward! Nah, they've been acting this whole time. Here's what really happened!"

The climax reasoning song plays five octaves too high. "Ohishi went to Aria's room to like talk to her and shit, but they disagreed over what their favorite flavor of tea was, so Ohishi hit Aria with the flute a little too hard and she died. We only didn't realize until now because she had an unseen talent for voice mimicry, and just grunted like Ray! It's really easy, since he sounds like such an edgelord. Check it!" Simon makes weird grunting noises in a deep voice for an uncomfortably long amount of time.

"After that, she went back to the cottage and got super upset about what she did. So she decided to kill herself. Remember that green stuff on the beach that we thought was tea? Actually nitroglycerin. She blew herself up and then framed Yuma cause he sucks."

"So, what? Am I a genius, am I a genius?" Simon asks, smiling. "Oh, and the gas leak was actually just Yuma farting."

Unfortunately for Simon, everyone ignores his brilliant logic, and soon he too forgets he even said it.

Last edited by Planetbox on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

After being silent for a while, Veronica wiped her eyes again. It was clear that she had been crying for some time now. She finally spoke.

"I-I've been kind of out of it for a while, but if I've been following this correctly, we can either vote for Yuma and have him be punished, or vote for Raymond and let Yuma escape while the rest of us have a chance to die...? This is fucked up... This is beyond fucked up... There's no way I can choose here..."

Yuma looked at Veronica, extending his hand a bit before quickly pulling it back. "Tch, if you want to kill me, let someone do it. I won't let Monokuma be summit..."

Sock

"Why risk it? You all value your lives, do you not? Keep them intact. Protect yourselves." Raymond speaks calmly.
Page 74 of 78 [ 3111 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus