Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 3 of 4[ 130 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 


Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Pretends to be an American Idiot

Gender: Male

Location: Japan

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am

Posts: 138

Well shoot. Cox can't do much on the sun now can he.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

Never said he was going there as well, don't worry :p
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Magellanic Cloud 9

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:59 am

Posts: 5

I'd like to thank everyone who has applied and recognize the effort and care that went into everyone's submission. While I'm pleased with every entry and found something to like about every one of the submitted characters, we had to shave this list to 16 characters that would work best with the kind of story JM and I want to tell. I'd just like to reiterate that this list does not represent how well I think you RP, or indeed how much I like you as a person. The fact is that the game only has room for 16 players and while I am pleased with the cast we've put together, I am also sorry that I couldn't accept everyone. However, the story is still taking shape and we may be able to end up having those cut still get a role in the story, if the interest is there. So don’t fret as you may get to participate in some capacity.

Without further ado, here's the cast in no particular order. If you'd like to be moved from a player to an alternate, or wish not to be an alternate, please let either JM or I know.

1. Lone
2. Panda
3. Kachu
4. Jirou
5. Nanjo
6. Franzise Deauxnim
7. Sad_Yoshi
8. Planetbox
9. Datamatt
10. Icarus
11. Salem
12. Southern Corn
13. SiRReN
14. TheLetterF
15. Vinny_Valens
16. CaptainPancakes

Alternates/Subs: Collin1002, Slezak, MC_Kitten, Blinky
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Are we prepared for today's lesson?

Gender: Male

Location: In front of you

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm

Posts: 352

Nice! Congrats to those who got in! :jazzedgy:
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Avatar based on this image of Gokudera Hayato by Black.A.n.g.e.l on Zerochan. I removed the background and turned the jacket green.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:25 am

Posts: 11

Eyyyyy, awesome! Let's all have fun! :)
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

Yay! Fun times ahead for everybody here!
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

[put something witty here]

Gender: Male

Location: Timbuktu

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Posts: 0

Oh wow. This moment is bigger than me.

And congrats to the rest of y'all as well
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Posts: 1

Oh ho ho

I seriously didn't think I'd make it in here even if the chances were high considering only 4/18 people were left out. I'm super excited.
I hope I won't make any of the mistakes I made in F2, and everyone has a good time! Even the spectators!
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

Well, 5. Fir unfortunately wasn't counted either as a player or a substitute for whatever reason. Perhaps 20 was just a nice round number?

But yeah, I definitely have a lot to live up to this time. Here's to some fun times :p
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Posts: 1

Oh right. I don't think it was mentioned here. He never signed up.
So it really was 20.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

He didn't sign up? You mean he didn't fill out the survey? Oh, that's a pity, then. 20 it is, I guess.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Posts: 1

He didn't want to be in this game anymore, so I informed JM through Discord. It's a shame, but he couldn't force himself to do it.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Pretends to be an American Idiot

Gender: Male

Location: Japan

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am

Posts: 138

Even if I was guaranteed a spot, I hope my character was good enough and fit the scenario regardless. I didn't want to half-ass it just because. Good luck those playing, and I'm sorry those who couldn't get in. Maybe things'll be different in F4.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

Hey guys small update

1. We're going to be prewriting some parts of Ch0/Ch1 (pre-murder stuff). To make things easier, it'd be helpful if we had some idea of your character's voice. You can send them saying something that makes it come across well, your intro post, or we can give you a prompt if you'd like. You don't have to do this, it's optional

2. For those who are going to prewrite your intro posts, there's a small detail you should know in advance. This isn't like the other games in that the students think they're going to be attending a new semester at Hope's Peak when a killing game suddenly starts. You're either a student who was accepted into Hope's Peak, a student currently attending Hope's Peak, or a former student. You've been kidnapped from your home/elsewhere and wake up in the setting of the killing game
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

Meet your competition!

Special thanks to Kachu and Panda (oops and Lone) for making the sprites, and Kachu for creating the lovely background

Spoiler:
Image
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

And now I am the dead

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Posts: 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOPHyuAuT0
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8FiAhzKQOM

Seriously though cast looks super diverse this time, interested to see how it'll turn out.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Pretends to be an American Idiot

Gender: Male

Location: Japan

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am

Posts: 138

Yes, good luck everyone. Btw, the only sprite I made was my own so... give Kachu and Panda all the credit.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

And now I am the dead

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Posts: 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPhVhQZUCpM
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

Wow rude that's totally my thing
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:25 am

Posts: 11

Get hyped!!! :0000
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

LESS THAN A DAY LEFT

Are we going to get our own Roll PMs and QTs soon though?
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Posts: 1

Role PMs actually didn't do anything back in F2, they were there to make us think there was something.

If we were gonna get them I figure we would've had them by now.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZp3Mtn-YsI

Good luck to everybody involved, let's see how fun this gets
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

So, I wrote this and sent it in when JM asked for examples of the characters' voices, and Arthur told me to make it public. This seems like as good a time as any, so I present to you...

Spoiler: Anissa Silke Goes to Arby's: The Experience
One day, overcome with a desire for some roasted beef to stave off the pain, Anissa Silke took a trip to the local Arby’s. Because she lacked a driver’s license, she would have to accomplish the unthinkable… ordering from the counter.

Anissa stood anxiously in line behind a family of four, who were slowly ordering their food. Every second felt like an eternity. She could already feel the judging glances from the teen behind the counter, who was probably dreading the inevitable encounter with her. Trying to take her mind off those unpleasant thoughts, she looked away and fiddled with the rubber bands on her left arm.

Time passed quicker than she noticed. Eventually, she heard the boy behind the counter call out, “Hey, uhh… Are you in line?”

A few more awkward seconds passed before Anissa realized the cashier was probably talking to her. “Wh- What? You m- mean me?”

“Yeah,” the boy replied, “I can take your order now.”

“O- Okay, fine!” Anissa shouted, “I’m sorry! I just got distracted with wallowing in my self-pity! You don’t have to shout at me!”

Confused, the cashier replies, “Uh… You’re the one shouting at me…”

“N- No, I’m shouting at myself,” Anissa replies, “You obviously want to shout at me, so I’m doing the shouting so you don’t need to waste your oxygen! Okay?”

“Uhh…” the cashier mumbles, “Can you just order your food? …You’re making a scene.”

Anissa briefly glanced around the room. Indeed, several patrons were staring at her, probably silently judging her too. Anissa turned, let out a shaky sigh, and walked towards the counter, mumbling, “Good job, Anissa. Way to ruin everyone in the restaurant's day… like you always do…”

Once she reached the counter, Anissa looked up to the menu, trying to avoid the gaze of the most likely infuriated cashier.

After a long, fairly awkward silence, she says, “A- Alright… I’ll have a roast beef sandwich with c- curly fries and a drink.”

“Thank you,” the cashier replied while trying to type in her order in the goofy computer things. “The roast beef sandwich is one of my favorites.”

“Y- Yeah,” Anissa mumbled, “I- It doesn’t have any health benefits to delay my inevitable demise… b- but at least it’ll provide some momentary relief from all the stress constantly pushing me down…”

“Uh-huh, right…” the cashier laughed awkwardly and asked, “You want any sauce with that?” because this was a weird Arby’s where they give you the sauce over the counter for some reason.

“N- No…”

“Okay, that’ll be-”

“I- I just don’t like sauce, okay?” Anissa interjected, “I know I’m a freak! You d- don’t have to remind me!”

The cashier sighed in resignation and mumbled, “That’ll be twenty dollars.” {{A/N: I have no idea how much such a meal at Arby’s would cost and am too lazy to check. Deal with it.}}

Anissa pulled her wallet out of somewhere and started fumbling with the money. In her attempt to get out of the restaurant as soon as possible, she accidentally dropped the wallet onto the counter. Before she could retrieve it, the cashier noticed some kinda Hope’s Peak card in it or something. His interest mildly piqued, he remarked, “Oh, you’re a student at Hope’s Peak?”

Anissa’s face turned pale as she said, “Wh- What? Hope’s Peak? N- No!”

“Uhh…” the cashier replied, already regretting his attempt to make small talk. “But you have a membership card.”

“W- Well, that doesn’t m- mean I’m an Ultimate or anything!” Anissa shouted, panicking. “J- Just take my money!” She pulled out twenty bucks and threw it at the cashier.

The cashier barely caught the bill before it fluttered to the floor. He put it into the cash register and mumbled, “Uhh… Okay… Oh, which size drink do you want?”

Anissa held her hands to her forehead, trembling. She shouted, “J- Just leave me alone! I came here to g- get a roast beef sandwich! If I wanted to get my life choices judged, I would have stayed at school!”

“Umm…”

Anissa closed her eyes, mumbled something incoherent, and dashed to the “Pick Up” side of the counter, leaving the cashier wondering rather he should take up his buddy’s offer to work with him at the frozen yogurt place on the other side of town.

After about one more perilous minute, one of the chef people brought Anissa’s food out on the tray and set it on the counter. They said, “Thanks for eating at Arby’s. Please come again!”

“Y- You don’t have to lie…” Anissa mumbled as she hurriedly grabbed the tray. “I know you’d rather I never came here again, s- so I’ll go to Burger King next time.” Then she charges out the front door before anyone can react.

“Wait!” the cashier shouted, “What about your drink?” He held an empty cup into the air, but alas, it was too late.

Afterwards, the Arby’s tried to return back to its normal routine. But unbeknownst to them, their establishment would soon be visited by an even more bizarre guest: a drunk Rick and Morty fan wrongfully convinced that he was in McDonald’s. However, that story isn’t really that important right now, all things considered.

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

PB how do you always write the most entertaining things involving Arby's and curly fries every F game you've participated in
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

Here's a poll based on some user concerns: https://www.strawpoll.me/15330815

You can share your thoughts in here too
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

Er, alright. Is there any reason why this issue has cropped up though? Trial MVPs I think are quite nice for rewarding those who performed especially well in trials without telling the others 'yeah you suck lol'. Gives incentive for people to try harder in trials as well.
Click on the picture below.
Image


Last edited by Southern Corn on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

They were never meant to be taken very seriously, but there are people who want them gone. So if the majority does, they will be removed
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

We can't remove them until I get one
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

And now I am the dead

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Posts: 0

Planetbox wrote:
We can't remove them until I get one

^^^^^^^^
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Shy guy

Gender: Male

Location: Inside the mirror

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am

Posts: 42

Pros:
  • Acknowledgement, bragging rights.
  • Motivates people to participate. Work hard and you're acknowledged for it, and even avoid random execution if the class gets it wrong.
  • Fun/useful rewards. Permanent FTEs can be great. Avoiding random execution means the class doesn't lose the people who are most beneficial to trials.

Cons:
  • Potentially very subjective. When the GMs don't have complete overview of the thread, people who make lots of small useful contributions won't stand out as much as someone who made one large one, even if the large one was just a guess behind the scenes.
  • Can be demotivating for people who miss out. There's only a small number of MVPs, so when lots of people do good some will be left out, which can make the effort they put in seem pointless.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Pretends to be an American Idiot

Gender: Male

Location: Japan

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am

Posts: 138

Cons:

* Very difficult to get if you have a bad time zone (me, Arthur, DA).
* Just barely missing out stings like hell (I've gotten like 2, 3 almost mvps now gdi)
* Rewards finding the smoking gun more than those who worked hard the whole trial

I didn't hear much concern about this in F2, but I think this was because the mvps were usually very obvious. The selection process was usually like: "Panda and JM?", "Yeah, definitely" and that was it... except for F2-4. That case, everyone made small contributions, and I only picked Kachu in addition to Arthur because he made slightly more small contributions than others. I'm pretty sure that was the only time I had to explain why someone was picked as mvp. Well, besides a joke mvp for Chisami.

Point being, if players have to ask why someone got mvp, usually that becomes a problem for them. Even if the mvp system is to go though, the most fitting student still does the climax reasoning, who usually is the mvp anyway (with some exceptions-Flo, Veronica).

JM said it best in that the purpose of the mvp system was to prevent the most useful students from getting randomly executed if the class got it wrong. That aspect's only come up in two cases so far though, F1-1 and F2-5, the latter of which, people forgot that it was a thing until I reminded them. If the mvp system is to stay, I do think it can be reworked with people's concerns in mind.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

I'd hardly say it even "motivates people to work hard." I've "worked hard" for seven trials (okay, maybe more like five), and all I have to show for it is a Bazooka Joe gum wrapper and two years off my lifespan. Which, like Lone said, doesn't really improve your self-esteem. And it's not like people are gonna faff about just because they can't get some award to brag to their friends about. I think someone potentially dying is motivation enough.

Honestly, MVP's don't motivate you to work hard, they just motivate you to work harder than everyone else. At least in my case, but I frequently see people get briefly caught up in who's gonna post an idea in the thread because apparently that's the only way to get credit for anything, and I personally find myself not bringing up a stupid idea in the Discord just because I don't want someone to "steal it." In a game that usually emphasizes cooperation (except for the killer lol), the MVP just seems like an unnecessary addition of competition. (It doesn't help that the MVP is usually awarded based on "wHO CAN GUESS THE THING YOU NEED TO DO TO IMMEDIATELY SOLVE THE WHOLE CASE FIRST" rather than complex deductions.)

And yeah, the awards can be cool, I guess. But what's the point when they almost always go to the same people? In pretty much every game, one guy will die in like Chapter 3, having had FTE's with the entire cast, but another guy might live through the whole game and only get five. I've said, "The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer" as a joke before, but that is pretty much how it goes. Like, people who are just better at class trials will always have more fulfilling daily life's too, and the other half of the cast is most likely never gonna experience any of these rewards. And yeah, MVP's do keep the most "useful" people from dying, but like Lone said, that barely comes up , and for the sake of the story it's usually best that it doesn't.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Pretends to be an American Idiot

Gender: Male

Location: Japan

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am

Posts: 138

^Well said PB. Even if more people want the MVP system to stay rather than leave, I do believe the points PB brought up are worth addressing.

I think it's worth considering what the spirit of the game is first and foremost. PB said it best, co-operation. If the MVP system is forcing us to compete, in which we just try and outdo each other, and have to hold back our ideas in the fear of them being sniped, then that isn't in the spirit of the game. I try my best to post any and all ideas I have, as this has lead to the participants focusing on an area which has lead to the truth before, and so long as we get it right, then that's fine with me. But if people don't want to post their ideas or bring up points worth discussing in the fear of being sniped, then we're only making it harder on ourselves. After all, it would be quite ridiculous if in the actual Danganronpa games, where one of the student had a good theory, but didn't say it because they worried someone would take credit for it.

It's worth considering the differences between players. A few are in their 30's, some their 20's, and a lot are in high school. While yeah, age doesn't equal intelligence, it does equate to experience. If I were a high schooler, the mvp system wouldn't do much to motivate me as I'd just feel one of the older participants would be more likely to get it. That, and some of us have played the NG forum games too, while others haven't. Those who haven't are a lot less familiar with how these styles of mysteries work, meaning we have to work even harder to keep up. The biggest thing really is differentiating between what sort of logic can be used to deduce, and what sort of logic can be forgone because forum game. It's a lot harder to do if you haven't experienced as many of these things.

(also about the poll, maybe it might be better for it to have a 'don't care' option, although seems most people want it to stay anyhow so w/e)
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

People are always encouraged to post on the thread because there are still people who play the game that don't use discord. Not to say the rest of your points are invalid, but I do think it's pretty silly to not share an idea because you're afraid someone will steal it. Time and time again I see people come up with ideas on discord, someone says they should post it in the thread, and then everybody makes sure they know who came up with the idea so that person can be the one to post it.

There are instances where people post theories in discord and hours later players might decide it's a worthwhile topic, and the theory gets posted in the thread. In this instance, I find it hard to be sympathetic of those who get their theory "stolen". As I say many times, always post in the thread. Yet people on discord will always tout that "We're just discussing random things so there's no point." There always is a point because so many people don't use discord and it's helpful to them to see random theories, even if they're off the mark. I've seen a lot of wildly wrong theories before (like Vinny thinking Dallas died by slipping and falling) that are still worth posting in the thread. Because despite it being wrong, it's still a good theory that is held up by the evidence and can spur reasonable thoughts on other players ("Oh right, I forgot the room was wet.") And even despite all that, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find real examples of someone getting their theory stolen. From what I've seen, it doesn't really happen.

But yeah, posting in the thread is what counts and it shouldn't matter otherwise. The thread is the thread. Everybody can clearly see the thread. People who read this game in the future will need to know where the theories came from. Trial MVPs are awarded to characters, not the players.
Quote:
Honestly, MVP's don't motivate you to work hard, they just motivate you to work harder than everyone else

I disagree with this too. I think you'd find that the typical people who work hard in trials would still work hard if there was no reward at the end. There's still satisfaction that comes from solving the mystery, and there are times where players just do it because everybody else has given up and someone has to. I actually really disagree with this point and what it implies.

Quote:
(It doesn't help that the MVP is usually awarded based on "wHO CAN GUESS THE THING YOU NEED TO DO TO IMMEDIATELY SOLVE THE WHOLE CASE FIRST" rather than complex deductions.)

I also see this point brought up a lot, and I think people often forget that the smoking gun usually takes a long time to find. People bang their heads against a wall for a while, and usually the person who finds was still contributing very well to the trial before anyway. Nobody has ever been awarded MVP solely for finding the smoking gun.

Quote:
And yeah, the awards can be cool, I guess. But what's the point when they almost always go to the same people? In pretty much every game, one guy will die in like Chapter 3, having had FTE's with the entire cast, but another guy might live through the whole game and only get five. I've said, "The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer" as a joke before, but that is pretty much how it goes. Like, people who are just better at class trials will always have more fulfilling daily life's too, and the other half of the cast is most likely never gonna experience any of these rewards.

Trust me when I say I'd love to give trial MVPs to more different people. But it's not fair to not give a deserving MVP to someone just because they've been rewarded before. And quite literally, not a single MVP reward has been actively used this entire game. Hell, there are a lot of people who haven't gotten MVP that haven't even used their basic FTEs. The "rewards" are pretty useless, and they never get used. And they're still available to non-MVPs.

The final point I'll reiterate is that MVPs aren't meant to be taken seriously. In basketball, the most important player in the finals gets awarded Finals MVP. There's never a claim that the Finals MVP did everything, and it's of course known that the team had a part in it. Nobody on a basketball team is trying to get Finals MVP, they're trying to win. Nobody is supposed to be "competing" for the trial MVP award, they're supposed to be trying to win. I can tell you guys that a lot of cases would probably go unsolved without the MVP pouring hours into solving the last bit of the case, and I think acknowledgement of that is more than fair. Especially since they probably saved your life/continued participation in the game.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atropa belladonna

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:48 am

Posts: 6

JesusMonroe wrote:
I've seen a lot of wildly wrong theories before (like Vinny thinking Dallas died by slipping and falling) that are still worth posting in the thread.


I am actually very upset I missed out on this. Anyway, I agree with JM's point with this. One of the most fun parts of the game for me is seeing the trial stuff like this. I love F game trials so much because of how they're not heavily structured like a DR trial, and then there's all this room for every person in the cast to argue for or against whatever ideas are brought up, even if we go down the wrong path for a little while. The fact that the whole cast is involved means that fun character stuff can happen too. So I'm heavily in favor of every dumb theory being said in thread, but I might be alone on that.

JesusMonroe wrote:
I think you'd find that the typical people who work hard in trials would still work hard if there was no reward at the end.


This is definitely true for me. That being said, that's also why I said they should be removed because I thought they're kind of useless, lol.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
I think you'd find that the typical people who work hard in trials would still work hard if there was no reward at the end.


Okay, to be fair I literally said this part

After thinking about it for a while, I think all of the problems I mentioned are more just a result of my own mental issues, so it's probably not worth abandoning the system.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4561

Pretty much, yeah. Posting on the thread should always come first rather than Discord imo because it allows everybody to see it and properly cooperate. I don't really get this sense of competition either lol. Posting theories on Discord is all fun and good, but if everyone's so paranoid that someone else will steal them and post it in the thread, then we need to take a step back. This is a game where cooperation is key, so fussing like that over such a thing is quite silly. MVPs are a reward for performing well in trials, but we shouldn't go into trials saying 'Man, I'm gonna try to get an MVP tag this time', we should go in saying 'Man, I'm gonna try and help the others help uncover the killer' (unless you are the killer, in which case you try to mislead the class while also not giving yourself away). I didn't even realise there was such a large controversy around this topic till seeing this thread today, but there's my two cents on it.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Page 3 of 4 [ 130 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Blinky, coltonrawr, DootDootDoot, Franzise Deauxnim and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO