Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 2[ 65 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Danganronpa F2 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

Two and a half months. Jeez, what a long time. Boy am I burnt out, but in the end, I hope it was all worth it. Thanks everyone for sticking with me to the end.

Special thanks to:

Pancakes for co-modding and telling me when my ideas needed improving
Kachu, Salem, Planetbox. You guys were great first time players
JesusMonroe. Man, having someone relate to everything you're going through helped wonders. Thanks for keeping me motivated through this!
Bad Player. For letting me sign up to my own game with an alt-account to be the first victim
Mancinitini. No wait, he's just me.

Yeah, for those of you who don't know, I never intended on having any of the actual players as the first victim. I just said that to mess with everyone. In reality, I'd asked Bad Player if I could make an alt-account to be the first victim this game. He said so long as I used it for, and only for F2, then it would be fine. Boy was it difficult keeping up that surfer dude linguo, even if it was just for one chapter.
Re: Danganronpa F2 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

Sock

This has been fantastic.

All those months ago when I heard of a DR RP from an offhand comment from Vinny I was interested. I remember freaking out about being the first victim, about not getting accepted into the game in the first place, and all of that. Man, I really shouldn't have worried so much huh? Not once did I think Ray would be a survivor and I didn't even want that to happen, but I saw a chance when Vinny came to me to team up and I took it, thought it would be interesting.

Looking back, I'm not satisfied with Ray. Not at all, to be honest. Whole "lets be friends" thing was a failure, and it was all my fault. Ray never really changed, and pulled a massive dick move in Chapter 5. Lots of this is my fault, and comes from my lack of RP skill I assume. Either way, Ray ended up as this complete ass and that's not what I wanted at all. He didn't change much, or do much other than solve things.

To me, Ray is a failure. I hope this doesn't reflect poorly on myself, or anything Ray did or said. And I seriously hope no one has some distaste for me based on Ray's actions. I'd hate for that. I promise to do much better come F3, if I manage to get a spot.
I might have more to say later.

The game itself was incredible. While I do believe the cast had too many behind the scene groups, I don't think I disliked anyone really. They all had their appeal. If anyone, it would be Ohishi due to me not being her biggest fan of her Haiku thing, but that's nothing to do with her character. All in all, I liked everyone, though it took a bit for that to actually happen, like with Cain, who really grew on me as time went on, or Damien, who shot up right near his end.

I cannot thank Lone enough for this. Running the whole game takes real work. He's put up with a lot of complaints here and there, and I feel he's dealt with them rather well. Despite being told I was fine, I do hope that I didn't get bothersome at some point. Hearing that I've been a joy to GM for, or that Ray was one of your favorite characters really kept me going too. Thank you for that.

Another, smaller props to JM for starting this in the first place. Not sure if he gets enough love for that, but still.

An apology to Vinny for double crossing you like that, I was being a bit of a kid and let this "Totally cool and interesting" idea go to my head and I had to pull it off. I didn't do it because it was you, or anything petty like that.

While not perfect, F2 has been an amazing experience. I'm glad that my dreams of an actual Danganronpa RP are real, and can be this good. Thanks to everyone for having me.

Happy Maria

Okay, wow, this is over already? Well, it was fun in the end. This ending was pretty cool to read after coming back from work.

Anyway, I doubt I have anything that great to say unlike the other, two, but I will give thanks to everyone for tolerating me. I know I was annoying to deal with, and I'm sorry. Especially to Lone, he did not deserve all the nuisance I caused him. Sorry about nagging you 24/7 Lone.

The game itself was pretty fun to participate in. The new location as well as the different mechanics really made me think on my fight and come up with a new murder plan from scratch. Which means that, yes, my other murder plans are still unused. Probably going to save them for F3. Plotting the murder was especially fun, and man oh man, I did not see that twist coming at all. It was still fun to kill Bud, though next time I'll definitely not try to kill a little longer. Mecha and JM will probably see to that too.

Most of my criticisms target more toward the players themselves rather than Lone. There wasn't a clear group dynamic this time around and more or less, everyone kind of retreated towards the FTEs. As a result of this, there wasn't much we could glean from the characters. I think next time we should be a little more forthcoming, or at least not keep everything in our FTEs. The best moments from F1 were those where the players really talked about themselves. That's how we got to really know everyone, more or less.

The evidence list also went kinda unused around the third or fourth chapter, which is kind of a bummer. I think only me, PB and Kami really tried to update it at first but after I left I kind of just shitposted there for the rest of the game.

Anyway, yeah, enough negativity. To close off this post, just a word to all the players:

Spoiler:
Mancinitini/Lone- Sorry for killing you, but I guess you killed me back so we're even :p Thanks for hosting this game, and I'm sorry for all the annoyance I caused.

Pancakes- Good job with Monomi. I never thought I could hate a DR character more than Iruma, but you proved me wrong. It's kind of hard to pull that off, so Kudo she to you.

Cesar- You had a great character this time around. It sucks that she died so early. Let's hope we both get a new role next time, eh?

Collin- It kind of sucks you died pretty early too. Sorry there's not much to say, just never really got to know you.

F- lol payback how's it feel to have your ZuSue die now fricking- But for real, your character was pretty cool and I enjoyed her own little arc.

Slezak- It also sucks that you had to die, but overall I think it was for the best given the story purposes. :p Guess we all can't make it twice, huh?

JM- Good job on making Colin the best boy ever. Killing him off like that would have been an interesting way to mix up the group dynamic too.

SiRReN- Again, it's bad luck that you sacrificed your character when you couldn't have, but you still played your cards pretty nicely and I thought Cain was super nice as well!

Kami- Thanks for your advice and overall help. I'll definitely keep it in mind. Don't worry, progress is still going good.

Franzise-
You did pretty well
Until you were killed by Yuma
Oops, I screwed it up.

DA- While I'm not exactly sure what your character's backstory was, making her speak Sanskrit was a rather bold move. Even if I didn't quite understand most of it since it's been ages since I've even touched the language. Oh, and since the game's over, you're allowed to reveal our little secret now.

Vinny- I'm super super sad that you had to die. I really wanted you to taunt me in the ghost thread about how you lived and I died but alas, that was not to happen. Let's hope it does in F3, eh?

Mecha- Good job on not being the endgame boss this time :p Maribelle was a pretty good character and it was nice to dress up as her. Good luck on hosting F3!

PB- Simon is probably my favourite of the survivors, so good job on that. Not that I'd expect anything less of you. Thanks for being the only one to update the evidence list to the end. Of chapter 5. Oh and for your fanfiction too. I read it to myself every night before sleeping.

Kachu- Super cool job on the sprites! Don't beat yourself too much, though. We've all had our first RP and I assure you my first time was much worse than yours. It comes with experience. Your murder was pretty great and I enjoyed how you were more or less Cox but repentant.

Salem- I don't think we ever spoke together, but nice job on surviving! And sorry about the disguise potion thing, you know how it goes.

Anyway, that's all on my part. See you guys for F3 or NG6, whichever comes first.

Oh, and I think pretty much everyone knows it already, but might as well put it in the open. I'm currently working on my own Nonary Game myself. It's to come out on April, though whether it'll be NG6 or 7 depends on whether Kami gets to it first XD

But enough digressing. Goodbye, y'all.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Sounds like you pulled off a grand spectacle Lone.

Good job!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Pierre? Were you watching the whole time again? XD

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Pierre? Were you watching the whole time again? XD

Hah I wish. I wasn't in a place where I could invest the time into this game. After trying to follow the last DR game and seeing the crazy speed of that one I didn't even try and follow this one.

Still you don't run a game this long and complex without a helluva lot of time and effort so it's commendable.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Hey-- I'll post more detailed feedback once I'm done with my character ending, but I'd like to quickly say that I'm glad to see this game come to a close. Thanks for everyone who participated in this and made it something special. Also also, while Lone's getting some love right now, I'd like to say thanks to an unsung hero, Pancakes, for co-GMing.

Also super-special mentions to JM and SiRReN-- Cain and Colin definitely made my game for me. 11/10 couldn't ask for better LIs.

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

Me in Chapter 1: "Oh boy I hope I get to kill somebody at some point!"

Me in Chapter 6: "aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA WhAt Is HaPpEnIng!!!1"

Southern Corn wrote:
PB- Simon is probably my favourite of the survivors, so good job on that. Not that I'd expect anything less of you. Thanks for being the only one to update the evidence list to the end. Of chapter 5. Oh and for your fanfiction too. I read it to myself every night before sleeping.

D'awww, thanks man :)

Really though, that was a blast, and for my first time RPing ever, I'm surprised I didn't screw it up too bad. I had really assumed I'd be dead like fifty chapters ago, so now I just need to write Simon's ending and take a break.

Also all you guys were cool and Kachu I wouldn't worry yourself. Like maybe overall Ray wasn't the best character, but you wrote him pretty well at least. Still disappointed that you never used "Limehead" again though smh

Oh and for all you guys who don't go on Discord much I got a SURPRISE for you all... Eventually.
idk when I'm gonna post it
SC you should know what I'm talking about but there's more of them. NO SPOILERS
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Yeah, I know. Can't wait for the other four.

Your character was surprising in that he actually did survive to the end XD I remember when I was plotting my new murder, and I essentially used you as a prototype victim when imagining it in my head. Yet he actually managed to never be killed which was a nice twist! So much so that I actually suspected you of masterminding the whole thing at the end.

Only thing I'm disappointed in is that you never really made much use of your hair changing abilities every chapter. I dunno why you decided not to go through with it.
Yes I saw that post deal w/ it

...You know what, I tried. I really, really tried to be forgiving and optimistic about this game, but at the end I was just glad for it to be over.

Nearly every bit of enjoyment I actually got out of this experience was from most of the people I RP'ed with, so thanks to you guys; you know who you are. Special shout-out to PB; I didn't really get to interact much with you but Simon was awesome.

The game itself was an absolute mess. The trials were frustratingly confusing, not because they were complicated, but because the actual important information was buried under a mountain of red herrings, or important details weren't made clear, or both. The GM 'hints' were almost always just confirmations of things the players figured out ages ago. 2-3 and 2-4 were the best ones by far, but even those had issues.

2-5 was the worst thing ever, both on a narrative and gameplay level (and no, this has nothing to do with the fact that my and DA's characters were the victims, I'm not that petty.) Poor Mecha had to basically be walked through the whole thing by Kachu and Vinny because there wasn't enough information provided by the GM to actually solve the damn mystery, and even then the result was down to deciding which murderer gets to go free. That is not a fun situation for players to be in. Players don't want to be forced into no-win situations. Story-wise... I'll get back to that.

2-6 was almost as bad. There was barely anything to actually figure out, it was just playing Twenty Questions for a week with the mastermind who was never properly foreshadowed or even heard of beforehand, so none of the cast had any reason to give a damn about him. It was boring as hell.

The story was the most self-indulgent thing I've seen in ages. You guys who weren't on Discord didn't get to see Lone throwing fits about players "trying to take the steering wheel from the captain" whenever the characters tried to do something he didn't want them to do. Did you know I actually got shit from Lone because Ohishi tried to end the stupid cat trial early so she could go look for Aria? The players were never allowed to step too far out of line of what Lone wanted them to do; consequently, they weren't really allowed to make any significant impact on the story. At that point, you're not role-playing, you're ad-libbing a plot that's already been decided for you, a plot that includes Lone's own OC as the 'hero/counter-traitor' and Lone's favorite character (who was already given permission to murder one of the other characters with no way of punishing them) being the one who got to kill the mastermind. If that doesn't absolutely reek of GM bias, I don't know what does.

GM's aren't supposed to show favoritism towards characters they like, at least not while the game is running. There's several reasons for that, but one is that when GMs start showing favoritism towards some characters and then good things happen to those characters compared to others, it makes it hard to tell whether it's just coincidence or the GM is skewing things in that character's favor.

I think the worst thing about this was Lone's overall attitude. I never got the sense of respect from the GM I did from JM, Pierre, Panda, or anyone else I've played with here. Lone was very condescending to the players, blowing off criticism, saying "you're overthinking things" when players would get stuck and frustrated in trials, only to have the answer be something that was never remotely hinted at by the clues or something that no sane person would ever think of, the previously-mentioned "taking the steering wheel" nonsense, constantly ignoring or whining about legitimate complaints the players had because "being a GM is sooooo hard guys you don't even know." I actually pointed out how a good number of the participants have in fact had some experience GMing things and his response was "yeah but you've never done anything like this before." Wow, okay, good to know you know all our lives, Lone.

If this is coming off as especially nasty, I'm sorry to everyone but Lone; as I said before, I never got any respect from him, so I don't see why I should return the favor.

F2 was run and designed first and foremost to amuse Lone and tell the story he wanted to tell, and if the players don't like that, tough shit.

The first and most important role for any Game Master is to do their best to give the players an enjoyable experience. In my opinion, Lone, you absolutely failed to do that. You were too obsessed with trolling the other characters and giving yourself what YOU wanted.

As I said before, I really enjoyed the RP segments I had with the other players... and that's about it. Looking forward to F3 so I can put as much of this behind me as possible.

Oh, and Mecha deserves a freaking medal for basically carrying the entire last half of the game.

Last edited by General Luigi on Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Removed a false accusation.

Since the real talk started earlier than I expected, I'd like to add a few things.

First off, I'd like to preface this by saying that what I'm about to say is coming from a sincere place of trying to help, Lone, and to anyone else who wants to run a DRF game (or really any forum game) in the future.

I feel that preface is necessary because when advice was given, you seemed to take a very standoffish stance towards anyone who was talking- be they current players or dead ones. I think the initial comments on Discord came from a place of genuine want to make the game better, but you consistently gave the impression (to me, and I think to others as well)  that you didn't care and weren't listening. This snowballed the frustrations of those players  that weren't having a good time until the boil-over point.

I think you need to be more mindful about how you address the players as a GM in general. Especially if you want to run DRF like you did, with necessitating as much interaction between the players and the GM as you seemed to want. Posting things like "bangs head on desk" to indicate your frustration with the questions we ask is counter-productive when you actually wanted to encourage us to ask more questions.

I was also very disappointed to hear that you deleted comments from discord that were critical of your game. The delete feature isn't for you to express your frustration with how your game is received and I think you know better than to think it is.

I know this may seem like a personal attack to you, but I encourage you to take this advice in the productive spirit in which it is offered.  I have more to say, but I'd rather talk to you about it one-on-one, if you'd like my advice at all.

Sock

It seems people had a much worse time than others. I'm sad to hear that.

I appreciate the comments about Ray, thank you both. Though I still feel like I could've done better.

No one is perfect. I'm sure we all know that. And I'm probably the last person to be talking about this, being on the "Winning end" and all, so I won't say much.

But it does upset me to hear that distaste for this game is quite high while I'm sitting here enjoying a lot of it. I'll be the first to agree that a lot of trials were very complex, especially Trial 5. Again, I apologize for that mess. But sometimes the answer just felt like it wasn't there no matter how much I thought about it, And then the answer just shows up. Biggest offenders being case 2 and 5, each for their own reasons. I'm not really experienced enough to provide a solution or anything, I just don't want to give off the impression that my experience here was flawless, as it was not.

I really really hope F3 can be a better experience for all of us. (And I don't cause a huge no winner mess like case 5 again for that.)

I wish I had more chances to interact with everyone else here. I ended up sticking with people I know, for better or worse. For a plethora of reasons I didn't end up having my character form any real bonds with anyone in the end, when there were so many cool characters like Cain and Aria that I wanted to interact with. I believe the major cause in this is the FTEs and how those were dealt with, as the class ended up in groups, literally come chapter 4.

I don't know exactly where I'm going anymore. I should be typing this up later, but I'd rather get this off my chest now.
I sincerely apologize for any and all bad experiences I've caused for this game. I'm really hoping we can all enjoy F3 together and this isn't ending any friendships.

Last edited by Kachu on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I don't know any of what went on in Discord, but I had a great time. I enjoyed the FTEs the most just because I'm better one-on-one, it can be a little overwhelming for me with lots of people all wanting to RP doing different things in the same thread. I love to RP in general so I'll definitely be signing up for the next game - sorry I'm so bad at helping solve stuff though :P Don't be afraid to start an FTE with me in the future - like I said, I love the one-on-one time!

Mecha, RPing with you and Maribelle was definitely one of the highlights of the game for me too! I wish I hadn't volunteered myself so quickly as a victim (was going on vacation at the time and didn't know what place the game would be in when I got back, so rather than be inactive I figured I could be the victim and spare more active players) because once we got really into RPing Cain and Maribelle my boy fell hard for her! Vinny/Yuma, and JM/Colin were awesome also, for better or worse I think Cain made friends there :) In particular I really enjoyed the twist that Colin was also blind, JM! Were you always planning on him being blind? Because that's totally freaky that two players ended up having the same disability.

In hindsight I wish I'd made Cain the Ultimate Strongman. I feel like it would have been easier to play - making him the Ultimate Leader was something that I didn't put much thought into, especially since I had to change his backstory slightly to better fit with the game.

ASCEND

Southern Corn wrote:
Only thing I'm disappointed in is that you never really made much use of your hair changing abilities every chapter. I dunno why you decided not to go through with it.
Yes I saw that post deal w/ it

Oh yeah, that.
I basically went back on that because Simon's whole transition had been pretty gradual, and so having him change his design out of nowhere would kinda ruin that. Also cause Vinny and Kachu called him edgy.
If I had thought to have him change his hair color, like, several times over the course of the game I might have done that, even though it would have been a lot of image editing.

I don't really have much to say about the "real talk" though, but I can definitely see where it's coming from. Around Chapter 4 though I was getting tired of random weird stuff getting shoved onto my character, like Simon sleeping with his camera, crying himself to sleep, and apparently not having showered in a week. I was fine with Simon almost burning Giles, since that was actually kinda important, but Chapter 4 just seemed like a game of how much one can flanderize Simon in one alibi. The prank in Chapter 1 was brilliant though, don't get me wrong.

For what it's worth, I did like Byron as a character and I think he was written fairly well, but he really did come almost entirely out of nowhere. I'm not sure how one could have made that twist better though.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

This has been a good run, I'm glad to have been in it. Had more fun than F1 :')

Overall, I regret not being useful in the trials or solving anything, and over using the ftes, many things were kept behind the scenes. I'm sorry for not posting as much in the thread, and for not showing much development or a strong impression with Yuma. Oh, and for the clusterfuck that was ch5, it was kinda rushed.

As for the gm complaints, I can see where they come from, and I do agree with some points, but I don't really have anything to say on the matter. Byron was sudden, but I liked the twist.

Alright so I have a few words to say.

First off, I really enjoyed this RP in general and I'm glad I got to participate in it. Playing as Azurine was fun while it lasted, and I hope she was okay, since I was a bit more experimental with her at least compared to Crimson.

Secondly, I know there were some issues with F2-2, and I accept the criticism it received. It was my first time making a murder plan, and I'm very grateful that Lone put in some time to try and fix it.

Anyways, a big thanks to everyone who helped with the RP, it was great.

SiRReN wrote:
In particular I really enjoyed the twist that Colin was also blind, JM! Were you always planning on him being blind? Because that's totally freaky that two players ended up having the same disability.

Yeah, it was always the plan. There are a lot of bits of foreshadowing in the Ch1 DL that may or may not be worth reading. One of the more subtle ones is that Colin is a giant asshole but never insults people's looks. I knew he'd be a prince, and I decided to add the dog when I made him blind since the prince talent could conveniently make the dog not raise any red flags

Thanks to Lone and Pancakes. Lone, I know it was stressful and a huge project. I can't imagine how it was during school either, which is something I'm seriously concerned of for the future. Keep in mind that this game was just as much a commitment for the players. 2.5 months is a very long time for a forum game that it's almost miraculous only Collin and Cesar were inactive. Also I think you should've utilized Pancakes more

PB, you were the best rookie in the game. Simon was a great character. Simple, had a good backstory, worked off the cast well. You and Mecha carried it at the end. I know you didn't get a trial MVP, but I saw you put in the effort

I share the sentiment about the behind the scenes stuff, it could get pretty ugly. You bring up paintman often as an example of criticism I had to take. And while I'll defend paintman to the grave, I realized the players had problems with it and adjusted for future chapters. The only adjustment I saw were the alibis to Ch4 and Ch5 which became much better. I think you would've found the players taking it a lot easier on you if you listened to their complaints instead of just saying it was nagging

My big criticism of the game itself is what I feel to be a poor utilization of the cast. Part of the reason I was really excited about Colin was the murder mystery potential. He was a blind man with a dog, and a proud ass who could be uncooperative. But he never really got to do anything. This isn't just a Colin thing either, you said you really liked Ray and often gave him good material for alibis (which I'm fine with) but as far as I could tell he was usually just on patrol

But nobody got it worse off than the victims. It felt very un-DR to me that the victims just died and got nothing special beyond that. Mysteries never really had you have to consider the victim's actions, and post-trial segments didn't really enlighten anything. I would've loved to see a flashback where Yuma is about to kill Ohishi and she breaks out of her haikus for once and starts crying and begging for her life. Or even better, he asks her to beg and she sticks to her haikus and just tells him off for being a rodent. It would've been something

I do think the cast had problems beyond nothing to do that weren't your fault. Failing to do anything successful in Daily Life, constantly being stoic, staying too strictly IC, having a 'whatever' reaction to everything. It's disappointing to me that the reality often was "a prince, a vigilante, a livestreamer, and a blind man walk into a prison. They fail to play board games"

I don't think the game was bad, but the things I'm disappointed in could've been resolved if there were better GM-player communication. And that's the biggest disappointment

Congrats to Lone for finishing the game.

I'm working on compiling more detailed thoughts, but I had a unique role in the game that I was sort of co-GMing, but my involvement in the game was really more of a spectator in the end, and in that sense I feel like I have the opportunity to speak my mind in ways that I don't really have to censor myself.

I'm pleasantly surprised and glad that the overall reception seems to be positive, since the goal of the RP is to have fun in the end, and if many of the players had fun (especially the new ones) that sets a good precedent for future games. But I have some words to say to both the GM and the player and I'll make that post later in the future.

I can say a couple of quick things:

- my personal opinion of the trials were mostly on the negative side -- I honestly did not like most of them, and I don't think they were as complex as Kachu says, but I can accept if I'm in the minority on that front.

- I think the cast as a whole sort of sucked, and I will go more in detail to that front.

- I *personally* preferred the alibi/investigation system of F1, I think they were more immersive, especially since there was character interaction during the investigations.

Anyways, congrats to Lone for finishing the game and I'm glad players had fun. This isn't the last you'll hear from me, though... >:D

Nice game guys! I definitely had a lot of fun reading it, though I will echo the sentiment that the cases seemed pretty weak compared to f1's. Less memorable scenarios, more unclear, and didn't utilize the full group as well, but those things are sort of dependent on one another, and to be fair, I didn't live through any of them this time so I was naturally going to be less immersed.

Anyway, my favorite character was Simon, who even if he did get flanderized a bit, he was consistently dynamic and funny, and he felt unique.

Favorite case was probably case two because the cases with the bigger groups are great and that's the one where the accusations were really crazy to follow and then the solution kind of made sense to me.

Anyway overall fun stuff. Hoping for a good f3!

SiRReN wrote:
Mecha, RPing with you and Maribelle was definitely one of the highlights of the game for me too! I wish I hadn't volunteered myself so quickly as a victim (was going on vacation at the time and didn't know what place the game would be in when I got back, so rather than be inactive I figured I could be the victim and spare more active players) because once we got really into RPing Cain and Maribelle my boy fell hard for her!

I'm glad you had a good time! Our FTE was one of the highlights of F2 for me. Cain could really turn on the charm-- I was definitely flustered sometimes. Being romanced in Irish is something else! Everyone deserves someone who will talk to them the way that Cain talked to Maribelle.

I'm curious-- was Cain intended to be part of the IRA or something similar? If you want to wait until FTEs are posted to answer that sort of question, I understand.

Also, I agree with the sentiment here-- PB is rookie of the game as far as I'm concerned. Simon was just the sort of goofy, not-too-serious, occasionally self-effacing character that F2 sorely needed. I'm really glad he survived-- the tone of the game would've been much too grimdark otherwise.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VyC ... sp=sharing

9 pages of thoughts about the game. It's a long read, fair warning.

Gettin' Old!

Hmm it's a shame the co-GM role was hardly used. In hindsight I'd have given my left arm for a co-GM to help run my game back then. These things get crazy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

CaptainPancakes wrote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VyC7W900GQpZlnbNhyEeilyW2oWoAbr_AF20Wz2aego/edit?usp=sharing

Wow, I'm sorry that the only real role you were offered for the most part was to essentially babysit me.

While my name wasn't stated otherwise, you would probably say Chisami was would fall in the 'bland' character category. I'd agree with that. For this and F1, the thought running through my mind was something like 'What murdering abilities should I give this one'? Personalities, backstories, they were all just an afterthought. And I think that really ruined some of the interaction with the players. Heck, I never even really cared about her. If she's had actually managed to escape, I would've made her get stuck in a storm and die anyway. That's why I felt zero emotion when my character died. I think I view these games sometimes as just Murder games and I forget the majority of the game is just standard RPing, and I definitely need to step up in that regard.

For the next game, hopefully someone else will kill first (if me not killing first isn't a good enough motive, I don't know what is), meaning I can focus toward actually giving a damn about my character and properly give them an interesting backstory as well as an entertaining personality to go with it. In fact, I'm already working on that front. I hope you guys will like it.

On a much lighter note, how are everyone's character endings coming along?

^ that wasn't a slight against you in any way, btw, I hope you didn't take it that way.

Happy Maria

I didn't. Don't worry about it.

It's long, but I hope people understand my actions because of this, even if they don't necessarily agree with them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SUj ... sp=sharing

CaptainPancakes wrote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VyC7W900GQpZlnbNhyEeilyW2oWoAbr_AF20Wz2aego/edit?usp=sharing

Nice write-up CapPan! There's definitely some valuable info here about some issues in playing and running the game.

I especially like that you emphasized that players should try to be flexible with their character because I do think that planning ahead can get in the way of fun sometimes, and I've felt that way in other role-playing games.

Lone wrote:
It's long, but I hope people understand my actions because of this, even if they don't necessarily agree with them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SUj ... sp=sharing

Sounds like it was pretty tough Lone. I can definitely see getting pretty burnt out since these games have to be so big. I think future gms should probably cut it at five cases if they can.

MechaQdogg wrote:
SiRReN wrote:
Mecha, RPing with you and Maribelle was definitely one of the highlights of the game for me too! I wish I hadn't volunteered myself so quickly as a victim (was going on vacation at the time and didn't know what place the game would be in when I got back, so rather than be inactive I figured I could be the victim and spare more active players) because once we got really into RPing Cain and Maribelle my boy fell hard for her!

I'm glad you had a good time! Our FTE was one of the highlights of F2 for me. Cain could really turn on the charm-- I was definitely flustered sometimes. Being romanced in Irish is something else! Everyone deserves someone who will talk to them the way that Cain talked to Maribelle.

I'm curious-- was Cain intended to be part of the IRA or something similar? If you want to wait until FTEs are posted to answer that sort of question, I understand.

Well hey, if you wanna get flustered some more, I'm open to continuing to RP Cain and Maribelle ;) I was actually going to ask if you wanted to (because I kinda want to) but then I got nervous and second-guessed myself and didn't, haha.

My original intentions for Cain's backstory was something similar to the TV show Revolution, where the power around the world goes out. Countries would have become more community oriented, and Cain becomes a farmer. After a few years and with the power seemingly not coming back militia groups realize that they can take over whole communities if not more because there's few fast methods of communicating outside your community. By the time government help arrives the militia would have taken over and barricaded the community, which causes all out war to break out. The militia, more prepared and heavily armed, win, and take over Ireland. Different groups control different areas, and Cain joins a group of rebels fighting the militia in his location. They come to his farm and demand he hand over the majority of the food he's growing, and when he refuses they blind him with hot pokers and take it anyway. His farm goes into disrepair and he becomes dependent on the community and rebellion to take care of him. He hates that, and so he gets into fights a lot, but eventually he gets his head on straight again and teaches himself to farm without his eyesight. He cleans out the overgrowth on the farm, tills the land, and starts growing food again. His farm becomes a safe haven for rebellion members, who mascarade as farmhands. This time when the militia shows up again, he negotiates and gives them a more fair amount of food in return for protection.

This go on like this for a while, with him secretly helping the rebellion and openly paying the militia for protection with food when he finds a girl snooping through his crops stealing. He takes her in and learns that she is an orphan, and she's half-starved, hiding from the militia (who really just enjoy throwing their weight around and showing whose boss). Her name is Isabella, and she becomes his ward. She's never known a world besides this one, having been born after the power went out, and this makes Cain work harder to try to return some semblance of normalcy to her by taking down the militia.

I had to change that backstory a bit by making it more simply that the militia just decides to take over because they don't like the way the government is running the country. Not much had to change, thankfully.

Whew, I missed a lot of the behind the scenes stuff! I do want to say that both Pancakez and Lone's perspectives are fair, and I think they both make good points. With my volunteering to die specifically, I do want to say that it came at a time that most of the people I'd been FTEing with were dead, and since I was going away, I figured it was the best thing to do. By the time I got back from my vacation, I'd gotten pretty involved with Yuma and Maribelle, and so if there was even the slimmest possibility of not dying, I wanted to take it. I didn't know how it would be rolled for me to live or die, but regardless, I ended up dying, and I was completely fine with that. I'd volunteered, after all, the murder had been planned for Cain specifically (though I didn't know that that is how it was done at the time), and Lone had been kind enough to give me the chance to survive even after I volunteered. I felt super shitty even thinking about asking Lone to not automatically kill me, so Lone's consideration of me was really deeply appreciated.

I look forward to the next game, and I'll be taking Pancakes' and Lone's words to heart. Here's to living, learning, and growing!

A new dawn.

Wow, I can't believe F2 really ended. It was quite the ride.

Thanks to Lone and to Pancakes. And congratulations to all the survivors.

So, Aria. Um, I'm not sure what to say... but I understand where all I made mistakes. I know I was also just above the required activity level and I'm really sorry for the trouble it caused. I feel I've learnt some very important lessons from this, though, especially with all the enlightening discussions.

It doesn't make any difference now, but for anybody wondering about my borderline inactivity-
Spoiler:
Two reasons - one, timezone, because lots of activity on both the forum and Discord usually happened when I was asleep. Two, classes, because I couldn't check any of it until evening.

Due to that, Aria didn't react to some stuff she should have really had a reaction to (like Mikael revealing his true talent or Colin being blind, from the top of my mind). By the time I saw it, people had moved on and it felt too late to write something.

Again, sorry for it, and I'll definitely try to post more next time I sign up for one of these.

Oh, and SC, for you-

Spoiler: To SC
Quote:
While I'm not exactly sure what your character's backstory was, making her speak Sanskrit was a rather bold move. Even if I didn't quite understand most of it since it's been ages since I've even touched the language. Oh, and since the game's over, you're allowed to reveal our little secret now.

Yeah, I never revealed her backstory in-thread, and only hinted at it in FTEs.

I chose Sanskrit because I wanted to make the homage clearer, and because all the texts I had her quoting or explaining were all of Sanskrit. Also, ancient social ideas and everything.

Why in the world did you have to go and mention that when I least expected it? And what made you change your mind from "you're obligated not to tell"?

SC wrote:
Oh, and since the game's over, you're allowed to reveal our little secret now.

Yeah, about that- *laughs nervously*
Guys, remember how there was a theory that SC was in the Discord group and viewing everything...? Uh, well, it was actually me letting slip some stuff while talking to him that led to the entire thing.
...that's all.

Best of luck to Mecha for F3!

fella

Whew. What a ride. While I didn't live for very long, or even post often, for that matter, I definitely did enjoy reading through this. Simon is best boy, by the way. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Anyway, let's get a little more in detail... Personally, I don't have any complaints. Then again, though, I'm nowhere near as experienced at roleplaying as pretty much everyone who was involved in this is, so... yeah. Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, I guess. I'm easily satisfied.

Next, I'll explain why I was inactive. Basically, it boils down to school and my poor scheduling. It was really busy that time of year, and I just simply couldn't find the time, nor could I manage my time right. And then I went on vacation and didn't have WiFi for a week, which just made things worse for me. Honestly, I should've volunteered myself as victim, but hey, I died anyway, so all's good.

My character, Liza... Well, she was horrible, and that's putting it lightly. I planned to make up a better, more interesting backstory as things went along, but my inactivity kind of hindered that, and I've no one to blame but myself, really. I actually have finished a backstory for her now, rather than the half-assed one I gave Lone. Seriously, it was horrible. You don't want to see it. I planned for her to become less shy, more mature, and less naïve as the game went on, but, again, inactivity killed me. Literally.

In any case, reiterating my thoughts, I enjoyed reading through this. Special mentions go to Lone for hosting this whole thing, and dealing with all of the pressure, Pancakes for co-GMing and making Monomi extremely hilarious, PB for making best boy, JM for simply starting the F games, and, of course, to the rest of the survivors other than PB--Kachu, Salem, and Mecha. You all did great jobs on your characters, but again, that's just my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, if you will.

So, would I be interested in being in another F game? Yes, indeed I would. I know I left a terrible first impression and all, what with my terrible character and inactivity, but I want to do better. So, if I get into F3 somehow, I pledge to make my character actually passable, and to actually be active.

Anyway, this is Collin, not Colin Chamberlain, here to remind you once more that Simon is best boy, Bud is second best boy, and Mikael is best loli impersonator, and there's my thoughts as well. Anyway, there you all have it. I greatly look forward to F3, and I'm sure Mecha will do a fantastic job.

QT Dump:

Spoiler:
Mikael and Aria: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/Y5fecvise4Vkf
Yuma and Ohishi: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/jm6cCVW4W3J
Ohishi and Damien: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/LcCvEPfQFndQ
Veronica and Cain: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/yHXguCcFXxD
Raymond and Maribelle: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/V8Mmzwk2GG7XA
Ohishi and Maribelle: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/K5AVxKNCaWa
Maribelle and Cain: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/RixAA9mAGth6
Cain and Yuma: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/ERUgWk94m5P
Aria and Veronica: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/h5AnW6XyyTi
Maribelle and Yuma: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/gX76mj5SV8Ep
Raymond and Veronica: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/hZKBcjFXu7s
Maribelle and Aria: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/JHkPytQnr2vt
Aria and Ohishi: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/j6SVxdMqQRCMX
Yuma and Raymond: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/4ca56rFyKQE
Yuma and Veronica: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/AsvsKtqV8TssD
Veronica and Maribelle: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/4c5ryLc5SGwuE
Aria and Bud: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/HXj6UYc8DEDE
Yuma and Chisami: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/UfSY3K3XqPWy
Veronica and Azurine: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/SDGGFKuyqC4
Veronica and Liza: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/JSLmHmWxUU9j
Liza and Yuma: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/54Gkqa3VNiSUc
Cain and Azurine: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/JxwHMrSF6Q2
Raymond and Azurine: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/wWz5iFkPGj8kY
Azurine and Yuma: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/GhjCcGcRJHP
Cain and Mikael: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/SWjFBBFWWXJm
Colin and Mikael: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/AhDzkbak55J5
Maribelle and Colin: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/pbgQhCGvaVUgD
Raymond and Colin: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/3sHPGvXdwjw8
Colin and Ohishi: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/xwgUVuxAwXS
Colin and Damien: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/FDaRBf45BUMFM
Colin and Cain: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/RyeZeu3RH2QTV
Yuma and Colin: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/jHcGUwuFRk6
Aria and Colin: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/EDqgevPMWQ9S
Veronica and Colin: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/3A5QwqLTJycQY
Mikael and Simon: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/KuULhHJXbBHm
Simon and Damien: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/HSbkb4EhWbd4
Colin and Simon: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/mCKi2GYraxiA
Simon and Yuma: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/rzGJMZBCHek
Simon and Veronica: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/VGGGZV8ithEt
Simon and Maribelle: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/YizpSjQLW2BM
Simon and Aria: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/vJfjkyi5fdhB2
Aria and Damien: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Qwi3ZF3u69Jd
Ohishi and Damien: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/LcCvEPfQFndQ
Maribelle and Damien: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/s3h5Ekb2YuH
Maribelle and Cain: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/RixAA9mAGth6
Veronica and Colin: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/3A5QwqLTJycQY
Colin and Ohishi: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/xwgUVuxAwXS
Mikael and Maribelle: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/Cbssq3PsgpMfS
Ohishi, Cain, and Aria: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/rRntRSHgmbh
Simon, Maribelle, and Damien: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/HYkZN7k9KAV
Raymond, Yuma, and Veronica: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/WM68Z5J867si

Ghost Party: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/NS7yDaedpkBat
Spooky Movie Theater: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/b4TJTGhUASV

Last edited by Lone on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Sweet! There're a couple QTs missing here but I'll add them for you.

Bud and Chisami (which was closed because I wasn't supposed to have more than one QT :p)

My personal QT (v3 spoilers within first 22 messages, beware)

Btw SiRReN, since you're the only other person who had a personal QT, could you link yours too?

Cain the Ultimate Leader: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/C39mfPFuSav2f

(no spoilers in this one, I think)

No spoilers I think, just me bitching early on about JM god-modding me but then it turned out to have legitimate reasons behind it *sweat drop*

ASCEND

Too bad you can't post the Discord groups with such climactic, riveting scenes as me telling Lone to kill Simon in Chapter 3 then changing my mind a day later.

Also thanks for the compliments guys. I thought Simon was a mess most of the time, but I guess that was just cause I was writing him.
I'm not sure who my favorite character was though tbh

Happy Maria

I'm not even surprised that you did so good XD No need to downplay yourself. With the number of CYOAs you've participated in and hosted, it's no surprise you were able to RP so well. You definitely had the most charisma of the survivors.

Though Colin is still best student smh

ASCEND

I guess, but RPing and normal writing are totally different experiences imo. If writing is like making a cake, then RPing is like making a cake when you only have frosting, and the rest of the ingredients are spread out among like thirty people.

And if you're not careful, you might get someone who has like mayonnaise or something. At least we didn't get anything like that. Though someone did poison the icing! Geddit? AahaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Happy Maria

If we're continuing your analogy, then I'd say that you got the best ingredient and cooked it well :) Having just one character allowed you to focus your humour properly and I think it really showed in your overall performance.

also mayo is my favourite how dare you

Well, I might as well say something now that people aren't talking as much here.

Like everyone else, I have to congratulate Lone for hosting this whole thing. That was definitely not an easy task no mattter what you think about the game itself.

I have to apologize for my inactivity. In ch2, life kind of got in the way, but I definitely could have done more before that. Keeping up with the cake analogy, I guess I...brougt about half the ingredients I said I would and then suddenly stopped cooking them. Ot something, I'm not good with this stuff. Just, I apologize to Lone for doing that after promising to be active I guess.

Not sure I have much else to add that hasn't been said already, I share some complaints about the cast with people but I really didn't help at all when it came to that.

Either way, this was still a fun game, to read through, and I'm looking forward to how this games will continue improving in F3 (which I will probably skip in favor of giving a spot to someone else. Seems like there's quite a few people interested in playing that.)
Signature loading, please wait...
Page 1 of 2 [ 65 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus