Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 3 of 3[ 104 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Danganronpa F3 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

Vinny_Valens wrote:
I haven't seen much of the two other gm's opinion. Of course he has a big say since he started the f games, and gmed two, but I'd like to see what other people really think too. A previous gm should encourage new ones and let the majority decide, not favor one over another.

Alright, your wish is my command.

Personally, I'm ok with either pair running F4. Granted, I've also decided to skip F4 mainly due to burnout (surviving two games and running one, I need time to cool off), so maybe my opinion doesn't matter much as it won't affect me. I'll just be the guy doing the dead sprites after all.

The important thing, more than anything, is the commitment. We've made ourselves clear to both pairs how mentally and physically taxing running one of these games can be, so I won't beat a dead horse. It's a good thing that so many people are willing to do it now, especially when post-F1, I was the only one who showed interest in running F2.

However, my past experience with running forum games has seen really enthusiastic people jump on and try to run things without giving it much thought, then quickly getting bored and abandoning it. Yeah sure, it's refreshing at first to take on something new, but the burnout hits you hard. It's not even a matter of just getting bored, these games, the burnout is on a whole other level. JM is a madman for GMing twice. I certainly won't until 2020 at least.

And on that note... F's activity issue is something which can't be ignored. He's been in all three F games, he's had a lot of experience with this, yes. He wasn't too active in the trials, and he wasn't really in the daily life either. Thankfully, his characters don't need to post a bunch to stand out. Has he truly experienced all three F games proper in that case? Will he be able to craft an F game himself having only experienced bits and pieces of past ones?

It's come up before how F4 could be his chance to prove himself, activity-wise. Nanjo was inactive F1, but boy did he prove himself in F3. I don't think anyone doubts him now. PB has also been consistently active in F2 and F3, as has Kachu. All four of them seem really enthusiastic about it, and want to do it even after listening to past GMs. F5 won't be affected by the events of F4 too much, as each are their own thing. So I don't think the ordering matters, so long as those who want to do it get their turn eventually.

Happy Maria

I don't have too much to say myself. I probably won't be participating in F4 due to work, but I do think that PB and Nanjo have generally been solid players in the games I've seen them post in, and I also feel that they have the competence to properly GM a DRF game, with the experience they have under their belt. Good luck to the both of you.

Shy guy

I think something's getting overlooked here. I don't think anyone is saying that prior activity should be a be-all-and-end-all deciding factor for who GMs. Rather, it's currently the only deciding factor that anyone's brought up. If the GM teams are otherwise equal, we do need something to be a tiebreaker.

If you want to argue that trial activity is a minimal factor, that's fine. However, right now it's still the only factor at play. If you say it doesn't count at all, we're back to square one, with nothing to actually decide the teams. Both sides have past examples that show they have the creative potential, so that's a non-factor in the decision.

Vinny, the decision didn’t go to me in any way and nobody is feeling my opinion holds more weight here. The decision between who should GM was completely locked and nobody was suggesting anything, so I brought this up

DRF4 GM Announcement:

Alright, thank you to everyone who contributed opinions, each was helpful, and I think it helped us understand the decision better. F and Kachu have officially conferred GMing to PB and me, so look forward to more updates on the summer F game and the F3 endings!

As far as sign ups go, they'll probably be very similar to F3's. Let PB/me know if there were issues with that system.

[For all those who don't remember/weren't there, they oppened like a month ahead of time, and had a form of questions about the character, which were submitted like an application. After a time, the applications were closed, and then the GMs chose the characters that felt could contribute best to a full cast, while reserving some spots for newcomers.]

Happy Maria

Alright, congrats to the both of you! I won't be participating, but I know you'll both do a pretty great job here.

ASCEND

Southern Corn wrote:
I won't be participating

I couldn't decide which song would be the best response to this so I combined a bunch to create this monstrosity.

Hello familiar faces, worn out places, tram wires cross northern skies.
I've come to ask how could this happen to me?
What have I become? A child of sacrifice, a child of war.
Wake me up inside and save me from darkness, my old friend
I will let you down. I will cut your blue heart in two.
I feel a cold one comin' on.

Makes you wanna start thinkin'
bout how you're gone but you're on my mind
Because of you the pieces of my heart are missin' you
Tomorrow is today and I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Oh, my. Goin' to the river.
Gonna take a ride and wake up when September ends.
But you didn't have to cut me off, make out like you're on borrowed time from Mr. Madness.
I just wanna scream
"Yes, we would all go down together..."

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

Should I drop out too? That eulogy was amazing and now I want one.

Happy Maria

Planetbox wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
I won't be participating

I couldn't decide which song would be the best response to this so I combined a bunch to create this monstrosity.

Hello familiar faces, worn out places, tram wires cross northern skies.
I've come to ask how could this happen to me?
What have I become? A child of sacrifice, a child of war.
Wake me up inside and save me from darkness, my old friend
I will let you down. I will cut your blue heart in two.
I feel a cold one comin' on.

Makes you wanna start thinkin'
bout how you're gone but you're on my mind
Because of you the pieces of my heart are missin' you
Tomorrow is today and I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Oh, my. Goin' to the river.
Gonna take a ride and wake up when September ends.
But you didn't have to cut me off, make out like you're on borrowed time from Mr. Madness.
I just wanna scream
"Yes, we would all go down together..."

I'll miss you too PB :larry:

Gosh dang I keep getting stuff dedicated to me with each game, first the limerick of F1-1, then the story of how I pledged never to go onto the accursed chat server known as Doscird and now this. Maybe I should join up for F4 anyway seeing how you all will miss me so much geez

ASCEND

Oficial anooncmant: if padna leeves I will cancell F4
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

cami pls leaf nao sow taht f4 cun b cuncilled

ASCEND

sorry for the lateness but frick you SC

Also remember these from F2? The official Climax Reasoning mangas? No? Well here they are anyway deal with it

F3-1: Turnabout Rainymood - https://imgur.com/a/4FkYk
F3-2: A Turnabout of Tubes - https://imgur.com/a/PrPYf
F3-3: The MANLIEST Turnabout - https://imgur.com/a/9uxps
F3-4: Turnabout Through Time - https://imgur.com/a/5EHMYHL
F3-5: The Comparitively Simpler Turnabout - https://imgur.com/a/DR063NW

Also, a few days ago, Nanjo made some announcements about F4 on Discord when I wasn't looking. Here's the info for people who either weren't on Discord or tuned it out because it was released in the midst of SC, Lone, and some other people posting pictures of shirtless men.

Spoiler: F4 Announcements
First of all, the game will feature a new role on the sign-up sheet: "Antagonist." This is for people who want to play the role of, well, an antagonist during the Daily Life segments, sort of like Colin and John in F2 and F3, respectively. While there could potentially be more than one, we obviously can't accommodate a lot of antagonist characters, so I wouldn't bank on getting it. Once the game starts, we'll work with these characters to give GM backing to their actions, and they might even get an interesting role in the story too. Who knows? I sure don't.

We'll also probably have a question on the survey about what kind of qualities you'd want in an ideal relationship/FTE for your character, so we can try to nudge things in the right direction there as well. So be thinking about that, unless you hate having friends.

Another thing, we're not going to restrict characters to just being high school age. Formal cap will be around 24 years old, so your characters can be a little over college age too. No "baby's first killing game" though, sorry.

Finally, we already know what we're doing about the first victim, so don't try to volunteer for that. We will have a place to volunteer for first killer on the survey, though.

also I blackmailed Lone into making some graphical stuff, if you find that horribly offensive for some reason go complain to him about it

Happy Maria

frick you 2 pb i only posted 1 shirtless guy there what the hek is ur problem

also someone else pls volunteer for first kiler

ASCEND

In case any of you people are contemplating joining DR F4 for some reason, here's some background info that may help with designing your character so they can fit into the game.

The main take-away here is that Hope's Peak Academy does not exist. In the spoilerbox below, Nanjo will tell you all about what your characters will instead be a member of: The Ultimate Junior Talent Society.

Spoiler: Plot Premise
The Ultimate Junior Talent Society is an international youth honor society devoted to honoring those who have shown to be far outstanding in their field and rewarding them when they show progress. Inductees may be introduced through application or scouting.

Once inducted the society isn’t too tough on anyone: your character may be as active or as inactive as you would like, and you’ll still probably be able to get your hands on funding either way.

The society has scheduled an all expense-paid air cruise around the world, and your character, as a member of the society, was invited.

Whether you decide to go or not, somehow you wind up there anyway. Although you have been to UJTS meetings in the past, you probably won’t know any of the people with you on the trip, so don’t worry about people knowing too much about you.

EDIT: Oops forgot to mention this but sign-ups are on the 23rd deal w/ it

Last edited by Planetbox on Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Does the Ultimate Garbage Collector count as a talent?

Yo the talent society would like def accept an application from a garbage collector because they really want to grow in number, and aren't too discretionary.

Happy Maria

Cool, guess I actually will be participating in F4.

See you guys then :)

ASCEND

Wow way to spoil your talent before the sign-ups even start guess we'll have to kick you out so that everyone can go in blind

Happy Maria

That's alright, I'll just sneak in as the 17th student when nobody's lookin'.

Happy Maria

Whoop! The endings are up, finally! I quite liked Lyla's and Kagayaki's myself, they were real nice.

Was there a reason Molly didn't get an ending?

ASCEND

Molly will be the Mastermind in F4, so that's gonna be her ending.

Yeah, these were all pretty great. I especially liked Akio's and Kagayaki's.

lcarus didn't write his yet but we didn't want to put it off too long. When he writes it we'll add it to the post

And there's the final ending now :p

That was well worth the wait. GJ lcarus
Page 3 of 3 [ 104 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus