Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 3 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Room PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

The safe appears to be locked, but it seems to accept a nine character permutation. All the characters, however, are greek. They're all listed, from alpha to omega.

Quarter looks at the computer, then with ease inputs the solution to the sudoku puzzle. There is a high-pitched beep, and the computer is now accessible. Apparently she was correct. There appear to be 2 images stored on there as well as a small text file. There is also an application for controlling all the pods. Perhaps this is how they're normally operated.

Gettin' Old!

As Trix types away on the computer as he explores the files, he muses aloud to the room.

"Hey there were letters on the top of my pod. Someone wanna check the others? They might spell something useful."

"Wonder if I can get our locked pod open..." He says working away.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

The first image on the computer is that of a newspaper article. It appears to be written in German, however. The second image is a picture of some medical records, but is written in Cantonese. Apparently the players will require a multi-linguist to decipher these.

The last text file is of a username and a password for something. The username is "ZERO", and the password is "0007".

Gettin' Old!

Leaning back in the chair, Trix looks over his shoulder. "Hey Sette, you seem like you might know some languages. Wanna give this a shot?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

{Oh, also, you guys may feel free to check your pockets whenever. I won't really be saying this that much, but it's something you'll be able to do whenever, even out of a Room Phase.}

ASCEND

After leaving the pod, everyone can see the necklace around his neck more clearly. Despite being pretty scratched, they can tell that it has a Chinese character on it: 福.

Despite all that, Sette doesn't seem to confident about the stuff on the computer. "Uhh... Sorry, I can read Mandarin, but have a bit more trouble with Cantonese... and since these are medical records, there's probably a lot of technical mumbo-jumbo in here I couldn't read anyway. Yeah, don't think I'm gonna be much help here..."

"Anyway, you're right about those letters." Sette continues, "Mine had an E and a K on it. We might need to put those together for the safe or something... but, uhh, number 8 seems kinda indisposed right now. Maybe I can get the letters from there..."

Sette tries to examine Pod 8.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

On Pod 8, the letters are U and J.

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded "Right...mine were N and D...but I think these might be part of a cipher code anyway." He said pulling out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket. "Found this in my pockets but I don't recall it, looks like it is missing bits anyway."

"We might know some technical stuff that can help I mean we do have doctors students and detectives here. Maybe you could read out the language anyway and we can translate the difficult bits of tech jargon?" Trix suggested placing the paper on the desk and returning to the computer.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Trix's paper reads:

Quote:
P- ξ
A- η
N- μ
D- ψ
R- ζ
E- β

It appears to be a cipher of some kind, but is partially torn off.

ASCEND

Pierre wrote:
"We might know some technical stuff that can help I mean we do have doctors students and detectives here. Maybe you could read out the language anyway and we can translate the difficult bits of tech jargon?" Trix suggested placing the paper on the desk and returning to the computer.

"If this was Mandarin, we totally could, but, like I said, I'm just not that good at Cantonese, unfortunately," Sette replies sheepishly. "Maybe someone else here knows it better..."

Sette looks over at Ben and says, "I bet Ben can translate the German, at least!"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Raising his hands to his head in exasperation, Trix pulls his hat down squashing it onto his head and over his eyes in a visible sign of frustration.

"Well the computer pod program isn't that useful. It looks like someone has deliberately sabotaged it so we can't open our mysterious pod. I can gather that it's got someone in it though. Someone who has been getting in and out of it on a weekly basis for a year. They are in there now actually" he said with a longing glance at the pod.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sock

Gemini, who has been standing about, speaks up at the mention of letters in the pods. "O-oh! My pod had the letter A, twice. In red paint, if that's important. Probably has something to do with that cipher thing.."

Gemini then approaches the table with the computer, to see if anything useful might be on it.

Happy Maria

Other than the map of the room and the computer/keyboard, nothing is on the table.

Gettin' Old!

Trix looked up at Gemini and, having finished with the computer for now, turned his attention back to the scrap of paper.

"I mean...that's the Greek alphabet right? I think my letters N and D become 'M' and 'psi' though I don't really know if that means anything." He muttered "I think if your letters are A and A then that makes 'H' and 'H' right?" He added uncertainly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sock

"That'd be the case... I think. We're probably still missing the other half, yeah." Gemini turns to the group. "Has everyone checked their pockets yet? Trix found this half in his, right? Someone else should have the other part, I'd guess."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"I will add that my pod is labeled 'A' and 'A' too. So far I do not see much correlation here, but the total letters on the pods are 18. So, I am guessing we should eliminate the double letters, and maybe we will get an anagram of sorts?" Leeloo ponders.

"Nothing so obtuse, I think." said Quarter matter-of-factly, setting down her cane to examine the safe. "I think the two sets of letters spell out two different phrases. The ciphers act as codes for the safe lock."

Gettin' Old!

A slight look of something akin to shame passed briefly over Trix's face before focusing on Quarter. "Huh so that thing requires two codes?" He said getting up and moving over to one of the pods "Well Ben's set is R and C" he said checking.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

As the players continue to solve the room, there is the sound of an electrical spark, followed by a loud shriek. The players turn towards the sound of the noises. It's from near the safe. Quarter appears to have fallen down, especially without the cane near her. She appears to be alive and conscious, fortunately. What also catches the players' attention is the scrap of paper near her. Trix immediately picks it up and reads it aloud.

Quote:
"U- λ
S- φ
M- π
J- ω
C- θ
K- δ"

It appears to be the other half of the cipher to the safe.

Gettin' Old!

Trix immediately discards the paper so as not to appear an insensitive and uncaring jerk with entirely the wrong priorities and instead rushes to Quarter's side.

"Geez, Quarter! Are you ok? C'mon say something!" He said shaking her gently, concern fraught in his eyes. "What happened?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quarter sat up, with a low grown, smoothed her down jacket, and hobbled to her feet. In the excitement, her can had been flung several feet away, and she limped over to it. After retrieving it, she leaned against the pod, taking a breather and making sure she hadn't more seriously injured herself in her fall.

"There-- you see? The two nine-letter phrases, if you put together the letters in each of the pods we got out of, were 'PANDAREUS' and 'MADJACKJR'. The former, I think, is some bit player from Greek Mythology-- really obscure, I believe. The latter... seems like a pseudonym of some kind, but I don't know much more about it than that."

"If you use both halves of the cipher, the former is 'ξημψηζβλφ', which I've already input. The other half should be 'πηψωηθδωζ'-- I thought I was inputting just that, but I seem to have been doing too many things at once, and I made a mistake. One of you should put that in while I... while I take a short rest..." she said, suddenly wan.

Gettin' Old!

"Alright..." Trix gave Quarter a bit of a concerned look. "Sounds like you've done some good work but maybe don't try it all yourself in future. Can run these things by us next time before you go off and risk yourself."

He glanced towards the Doctor "Doc, maybe you should take a look at her to see she's alright. Thought I heard an electric shock or something for a moment there."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

hi

As K-9 exits his pod, he quickly pats himself down. He seems fine until his hand stops on an empty holster. It remains there for several seconds before he continues. Finally, he examines his pod, noticing two letters above it. "S and R." He mutters.

Once finished, he returns to the group. "I believe our captors have taken out weapons." He motions to his holster. "Everyone, check and make sure you aren't missing anything."

ASCEND

Sette mumbles, "Uhh... Those codes are certainly... i- nteresting..."

"So, uhh... who's gonna try to put them in?" He asks, "I mean, I don't really wanna get electrocuted, but I guess I could try."

Blinky wrote:
Once finished, he returns to the group. "I believe our captors have taken out weapons." He motions to his holster. "Everyone, check and make sure you aren't missing anything."

"I haven't noticed anything missing," Sette replies, "But I didn't really have any weapons anyway, so..." He trails off.

Leeloo jumps slightly at Quarter getting electrocuted. After Trix's words, she decides to walk over to her.

After a few moments, she asks, "Are you feeling alright? Would you mind if I had a look at you to make sure you are good? Though miss Unity probably knows more than me."

Gettin' Old!

Trix gave K-9 a confused look "Uhh no I've not got my usual things...wallet...keys...phone. You know that stuff." He shrugged Looking at Sette. "You can if you like, I'm a little worried about the shock and all too."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Ahh... I cannot make out anything from the Cantonese, sorry."

At the electrocution, Unity jolts and goes over to help Quarter.

"If you would require help, I will gladly give it. I would suggest you do, since you may be burned and that fall seemed rather large."

"Also my letters were P and M."

ASCEND

"A-HA! Got it open!"

Sette opens the doors of the safe and explains, "Hmm... The first code opened the door on the left, but there's nothing inside... Kinda weird... There is something behind the other door though!" Sette pulls out what looks like the broken half of a key and holds it up. "Anyone got the other half of this?"

Gettin' Old!

Trix grimaced, somehow he'd been hoping for more. "Nothing in the safe but a broken key huh? That's...kind of a bummer. Doesn't bring us much closer to getting out of here."

"Does seem really weird they'd have an empty case though. In all honesty, since that voice suggested it, I'm kinda tempted to try and steal from you in case you've pocketed something and kept it from us." He said holding his hands up as peacefully as he could. "I mean, I want to trust you but we're mostly strangers here so far as we know and it is a weird situation. Would you mind if I did a quick search instead?" Trix asked, his voice the personification of apologetic necessity.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

"Uhh... I'd rather you didn't search me, but I promise I didn't steal anything!" Sette replied, "I swear the door was empty when I opened it. If anyone's been doing any theivin' here it was probably Quarter. She figured out the codes and opened the safe first, after all!"

"I would appreciate if everybody would refrain from accusing one another. Nevertheless, I am sure that Quarter has the contents from the other side of the safe and that she is still taking the moment to recover from her incident. She openly divulged she successfully input the first code, after all."

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded appreciatively "Right, thanks for the honesty. If that's the case would you mind telling us what you picked up ma'am?" He asked politely of Quarter
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Unity looks over Quarters injuries.

"Ah... it does not appear she is too harmed. Graciously, the electrocution was not too horrible. I guess it would not make much sense for our captor to hurt patients, at least not just over something as frivolous as getting some puzzle wrong. The bruising from the fall is not so bad either. She should be predominantly fit to continue."

Shy guy

Apparently breaking out of a stupor, Ben ambled over to the computer to have a look at the German article. He didn't seem to show much reaction to everything that had happened since they'd been released, even Quarter's electrocution. After coming to the end of the article he turned away and stared blankly into space for a short while, mouth half-open as he processed what he'd just read.

" 'sweird." He finally declared, looking at no-one in particular. "Talked about some serial killer in the States. Killed a bunch a' politicians. Regular fella, too, killed one every second Tuesday specifically, always with a some fancy Japanese sword. 'sweird." He repeated solemnly. "Never found 'em, neither. At the time o' this piece, at least, they was still at large."

Duty to the group performed, he nodded in satisfaction and then wandered over to the locked door, the one with the keyhole. Presumably that was the one the broken key would open when fixed, so he figured it was worth checking out.

Happy Maria

The door itself is nothing special. A standard affair. The keyhole definitely seems to fit with the half of the key Sette seems to have.

hi

As Ben describes the article, K-9 grimaces. "Serial Killer X. There's no doubt about it; that description matches him perfectly. Though that raises the question: what does he have to do with our current situation? Perhaps..." He trails off, then shakes his head. " No, there's no real evidence of that yet. It could just be a coincidence." He brushes it off, but it seems as though he doesn't quite believe it.

Gettin' Old!

Trix just looks at K-9 expectedly since he clearly clicked on something.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"X? Familiar with the guy, boss-man?" Ben queried. "You know, you're starting to remind me more of a giraffe than a dog. Reaching conclusions just like they reach higher branches. Pity I dunno any giraffe names..." He spaced out for a few seconds before turning to Unity, who was wearing appropriate clothing for the topic. "Any thoughts, doc?"

While waiting for an answer, he headed over to the other door to give it a once-over, just in case.

Happy Maria

The other door is rather underwhelming. Other than a thin layer of dust, there doesn't seem to be much else on it. It's more of a flat vertical surface than a door, and cannot seem to be opened in any other way.

Leeloo glances at the other door. "It looks like there is only one way out, then? Not like we can get another key from anywhere, really."
Page 3 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus