Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 20 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Final Room PhaseTopic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

Pierre wrote:
Jacob turns his head as the others enter the room "Good timing, I was just about to start my own set."

He examined the screen and said aloud

"A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50." The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less. In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?"

"There are 20 people in an empty, square room. Each person has full sight of the entire room and everyone in it without turning his head or body, or moving in any way (other than the eyes). Where can you place an apple so that all but one person can see it?"

Jacob mused for a moment before speaking up

"For the second one, I think you'd probably put it on someone's head then that person couldn't see it but I'm really uncertain what the first answer is. I can't think of any simple reason why the boy wouldn't lie." he muttered.

"I am guessing the first one is simply that the man wrote 'your exact weight' on the piece of paper. I think, at least. The boy could not lie in that situation, then."

Happy Maria

The sound of restraints coming off is heard. It seems K-9, after taking his time, has finally finished his set!

Gettin' Old!

Jacob gave a slight smile of pride "Yeah...that's probably it. Thanks Enia just got to do this Star battle one now...it's not something I can verbally describe."

He frowned dissatisfied with his answer. "If anyone wants to come take a look at this they are welcome to."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

The sound of more restraints coming off is heard. Ben has finished Gemini's set. It seems the players must wait for Sette and Trix to complete before they tackle the final puzzles.

Gettin' Old!

Having completed his puzzles Jacob roars and breaks free of the restraints and the fourth wall with fatherly might before the GM can post his "Jacob gets up" post.

"Right...let's just get the stupid girl and get out of here."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

[Sorry Pierre but I have something to post first :p ]

More restraints coming off are heard, plus the sound of a box opening. Trix has finished Unity's set. The giant screen turns on with a puzzle, which everyone except Sette can attempt.

Rules: Place each of the numbers 1 to 9 into each of the rows, columns and bold-lined 3-by-3 boxes so that they do not repeat in any, but you must also place the numbers in each dashed-line cage so that they add up to the given total. The numbers inside a cage cannot be repeated.

[URL edited to make the pic more high resolution.]

Last edited by Southern Corn on Thu May 31, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

"W- Wait, guys, I'm not done yet!" Sette shouts, hoping none of the players are able to guess that the guy writing him hadn't even started.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

The final set of restraints come off, and Sette gets up! Suddenly, the third giant screen turns on, and the final puzzle shows up.

Puzzle

Rules: Fill the empty cells in such a way they build a chain of consecutive numbers from 1 to 144. All cells with consecutive numbers must touch each other either horizontally, vertically or diagonally.

This puzzle is attemptable by anyone.

Gettin' Old!

Jacob looks at the others "So...how are we doing?" he asked grimly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Trix inputs the second puzzle correctly and the screen shuts off. It seems there is only one puzzle remaining- a real killer, too.

Happy Maria

[Phase Change is delayed by 24 hours.]
Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Final Discussion PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Ben inputs the solution...and the screen goes black. Suddenly, the players hear the sound of doors opening. They look behind and see something else opening- the pod in the centre. The players all step out of the rooms, back into the main hall. They see steam emitting from the pod...and a small face pops out. The face which only a few hours ago had blood poured all over it now gives the five unknown strangers a confused glance.

"I-I...who are you people?", the girl asks, clearly quite out of it. "W-where am I? Is this heaven?" Her hand goes to her head. "Ooooh....my head hurts...what happened?" She looks at the players pleadingly, hoping for answers.

The players also see the quantum computer turn on at the back of the room, with Claudia on it again.

"Welcome back", she says, gesturing to the players. "You have all done your duties tremendously well, and have rescued an innocent girl. Of course, I know that not all of you will be pleased, and will perhaps want to kill her as well. I shall now mention that attempting to do so will garner you a penalty. But anyway, you all can escape through the back door, which is now open. The gigantic box in this room has also opened, and in it lies...say, my treasures to you all who helped. And to those who still seek explanations, there are a series of videos on some subjects pertaining to this game. If you have any doubts, come and see here for further explanations." The video shuts off.

The girl appears even more confused by the recording. "Was that...grand-auntie? What was she doing there?" She gives a sorrowful look towards the general direction of the quantum computer.

[Well, this is the final phase, everyone! If you have any doubts, post about them in-thread and I will respond about these doubts accordingly. Phase Change will occur within 6 hours, and shall be the very last one.]

Gettin' Old!

Jacob gave Ben a grateful look, having resigned himself to his fate before before glaring at the picture of Claudia.

"This may be hard to believe little one, but your Grand Auntie killed three people and trapped us all here just to bring you back. What she did...was wrong." He muttered not looking at the girl.

Finally he looked at her an a perplexing number of emotions ran across his face "I suppose we need to think about what to do with you...do you remember your home?" He asked.

He checked his bracelet "Would also be nice to know when these things come off." He asked.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"N-no…" The little girl shakes her head in denial. "Grand auntie…grand auntie wouldn't do such a thing…y-you're lying…"

At the mention of her family and home, she grips her head in pain and shock. "M-my family…mommy, daddy…my home…they're all…oh no…t-they're…" She suddenly puts her head into her hands, crying softly. "T-they're all gone now…"

Shy guy

Ben, having looked through the "treasure" box, sighed in disappointment. "Mebbe this whole facility was a lie after all..." He mumbled.

He glanced at the girl uncomfortably, not remotely sure what to do about the situation. "Surely Claudia had some kinda plan fer this?" He suggested. "She must'a known she might've... you know. Could be a video on it."

Happy Maria

There is a video labelled 'Annabelle'. The players click on it and hear Claudia's voice.

"Annabelle Bennett....there isn't much left to say about her, really. For the majority of my childhood, I lived with my aunt and her son. Her son got married and had a son, and that son got married and had a daughter of his own. That daughter was Annabelle. I never much cared for the others, but she left a nice impression on me. ...Then the accident occurred. It was ghastly. Her family died there, and she was the only survivor...albeit in a coma. So I decided to take care of her. Every week I went to check up on her, and her condition remained unchanging. So when Enia came, I decided to lead her on so that she could be awakened. In retrospect, I wish I'd just told her the truth- I feel rather overwhelmed with the monster she has become. Either way, now you have woken her up. In case I am not alive, I would entrust her with any of the other players. ...Preferably Jacob and Jennifer, if possible. It would be nice, giving them a second chance at parenthood."

The video ends on an extremely ironic note.

Gettin' Old!

"A second chance at parenthood." Jacob mimicked mockingly. Before gazing over Annabelle unsure what to say "She really went through a lot for you."

Taking his mind off things he asked Ben "What's actually in the treasure?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

"Is there one of these things about Enia?" Sette asks grimly. "I want to find out what the hell happened to her..."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

There is a video labelled "Player 6". The players click on that and Claudia starts talking once more.

"Player 6...Enia Hart. Perhaps my greatest mistake in this whole ordeal. If you have not realised this already, Enia is the sole Sub-Zero with whom I made this game. Of course, our reasons differ, but let me start from the beginning. Her parents are Players 2 and 3- Jennifer and Jacob Regnier. During their honeymoon, Jennifer got impregnated and had to be rushed to the hospital. The operation was a success, but she was placed aside by the leading doctor so that she could tend to the mother. Indeed, it is thanks to that very doctor Jennifer even survived. But when she was placed aside, a certain man saw her lying there- a "Pandareus Camino", his name was at the time. For whatever reason, he stole her and fled to the US, changing his name to "Robin" so that he wouldn't get caught. And he raised her for quite a while. A couple of decades later, however, he felt guilty and decided to tell Enia that he wasn't his real father. Enia stormed off and lived on her own...till one day. I was chatting with a good friend that day on a server, and wished for an assistant to my research. She obliged and sent her here."

" It was awkward at first, but we adjusted. Some time passed, and the subject of her family was brought up. She told me about her ambidextrous father, and I did a little research as well as a DNA test. I found out she was stolen from her family years before at birth, and she was furious. Some more time passed, and her anger had subsided with sorrow. I decided to introduce her to the concept of the Nonary Game, and to host it for revenge, and while she wasn't confident at all initially, during the last few rooms, she had grown almost accustomed to it. It was my own fault that she became such a monster, really. She wanted revenge on several individuals- Player 1, who "robbed" her of her parents; Player 6 and 7, who helped raise her away from her true parents; and Player 8, the serial killer who murdered her grandfather. Players 2 and 3 were brought here as a way for her to reunite with them, though also due to their strong esper abilities. Enia's esper abilities are also interesting. She wasn't involved in any life or death situation, but was all around quite cold and had to care for herself, especially when living on her own. At this point, I can only hope she tries to atone for her misdeeds, even if I am mostly responsible for letting them happen in my admittedly selfish desire to see the last of my line live a normal life again."

The video ends there, leaving the players quite shocked.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

"Tch...she's got some gall to call other people monsters." Jacob muttered with disdain. "Still I figure there's a file on all of us. May as well satisfy my curiosity." He grunted deciding to open his own and Jennifer's file.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Trix presses the video labelled "Player 2".

"Player 2...Jennifer Regnier, or Jennifer Murrell as she was known before her marriage. Born to co-owners of an antique shop, she had to help her parents take care of everything. They managed to even garner enough money to send her off to college, where she pursued a career in Finance. There she also met a good friend of hers, Jacob. They got close, but her parents weren't feeling well and required her to come back. But Jacob didn't let her, leading to a quarrel among the two. I believe this was when her esper abilities were enhanced, as to her, this was a life or death situation. Unfortunately, her mother passed and her father became an alcoholic. Soon afterwards, she eloped with Jacob and got married. They had a honeymoon in China, but Jennifer was impregnated and Jacob had to drive her to the hospital. The operation was a success, but the baby was stolen away from them. Their marriage fell apart after that. She decided to branch off her parents' store and made a new branch elsewhere. Her father, Doug Murrell...he wasn't doing quite as well. One unfortunate night, he stumbled upon the Chinese Soldier killing his newest victim and was silenced by him eternally. This was, in fact, how I even came to know about the Chinese Soldier. But other than that, I believe I have discussed everything important about her. Hopefully she shall soon come to peace with who her daughter turned out to be."

Gettin' Old!

Jacob gritted his teeth and moved past the astonishing plot hole of how his wife had a gestation period of a few weeks for her pregnancy and opened his own file. "Should know how much Claudia had on all of us."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Trix clicks on the video labelled "Player 3".

"Player 3...Jacob Regnier, the co-founder of the famous chat server "Discard". Most of his history is intertwined with Player 2's, so I recommend you watch that video first. His esper abilities most likely surfaced when taking Jennifer to the hospital. Ever since, his life has been relatively normal. I hope he soon comes to peace with his daughter's...true nature."

The video ends there. Somewhat short, though mainly because most relevant information has already been divulged prior.

ASCEND

"Speaking of which, who was Abbot?" Sette asks, "Other than the whole serial killer thing, we don't really know much about him..."

Happy Maria

The players click on the video labelled "Player 8".

"First, before I start talking about Player 8, I shall tell you a story. It's a true story, one that happened one and a half centuries back, during the second World War. The Germans, wanting a weapon of mass power, were working on acquiring the elusive substance known as ice-9. Ice-9 is a type of water molecule which freezes at room temperature. It also has the property of turning nearby water molecules into ice-9, making it quite dangerous. The Germans were wanting to use it against the Allies, and had created a certain base in the Antarctic to create it. Unfortunately for them, the Allies found out and sent down a special team to shut it down. Whether they succeeded or not isn't imperative in the context of whom this story is centred around, of course- that being a plucky young Japanese pilot who was sent to guard the base. Unfortunately, this pitiful soul was overwhelmed and sent down flying towards the Southern Ocean, never to be seen again...until years later, where his body was found by a fisherman frozen in a block of ice. Thus, he garnered a lot of fame. After that...I'm not exactly sure. The body itself disappeared, perhaps stolen by someone else. But it matters not. The name of the soldier was Takeru Korida. The public coined a nickname for him though, which was much easier to remember-

Jack.

But his legacy did not end. This is where we get to Player 8, Johnny Yung- or as you may also know him as, the Chinese Soldier. His mother is a hospital receptionist- the same who worked at the hospital Enia was taken from. Unfortunately, the day she was stolen, the receptionist stepped out to see a doctor herself. And that is how she found out about her son, though avoiding the baby snatcher entirely. It could be said that, in a way, Johnny was a catalyst for several events even before birth. But soon, he grew up and went to the States to become a political journalist. And that is where he found out about the state of affairs there- it was horrendous. Several politicians who had gained fame there had abhorrent, even flat out racist policies. So he decided to take action and eradicate them, one by one. His first prey was a man by the name of "Bob Bentley". This didn't follow his usual M.O- he was quite careless. The victim struggled with him and he used a dagger instead of a katana. This was where he developed his esper abilities, I believe. The life or death danger he got into helped him enhance his connection into the morphogenetic field, and when he connected to it, he caught a glimpse of a certain soldier. So he went home and did his research, and found about about Jack. This was where he picked up on Jack's legacy, and became the Chinese Soldier. Or like I have nicknamed him, "Mad Jack Jr."- a reference to the World War 2 British Officer of the same nickname, of course.

Thus he started killing, and was widely successful. The detective in charge of his case couldn't find a shred of evidence against him- at least, till one murder where he killed Doug Murrell and knocked out Edwin Reinhardt after they discovered him in the act. This gave the detective his suspicions, as did I. I went to him- my connections allowed me to do so easily- and confided in him my own suspicions. We both confronted Mr. Yung, and he confessed. He tried to escape, but didn't realise I had dropped a can of sleeping gas on the floor, enough to make him drop down unconscious. The same with Detective Hawkes, who was also knocked out. And now, he was brought here. I am not the biggest fan of the man myself, though now that I reflect on it I see I'm not much better than him. Still, I do believe the relationship he had with his mother was genuine- he wrote to her weekly, after all. I hope he stayed back to rescue Annabelle- I think he would understand the importance of family, despite all the wrongs he's committed."

The video ends there.

hi

"Is there a way to download this video?" K-9 asks. "It could be used as evidence against him."

Out of curiosity, K-9 clicks on his video.

Happy Maria

The video is downloadable, but there is no pen drive of any sort it can be transferred to.

K-9 clicks on his video.

"Player 9...Detective Harold Hawkes. Truly, a determined man. He has spent the majority of his life even becoming a detective, after being a patrolman for some time and dealing with petty thieves. But when he became a detective, he was handing quite the first case- the Chinese Soldier killings. He spent a good deal of time trying to track down the killer, but to no avail. He was almost there, after Edwin Reinhardt witnessed the crime taking place. He even found out the killer was Chinese, and interviewed him firsthand. Yet, he didn't quite get there. He needed me to help him. And so I did. Yet he is now being forced to participate here. I made sure to include him, so that justice would be served to all- even me. Perhaps he shall even catch the Soldier in the act and haul him off to prison. Who knows?"

The video ends on an extremely bitter note. The Chinese Soldier...Abbot...he made a perfect escape from everyone. Can he even be caught at this point?

ASCEND

"Hey, y'think that weird 'Bookworm' abomination has one of these videos?" Sette asks.

Happy Maria

Surprisingly, there is one labelled "The Bookworm".

"The Bookworm was Enia's fault.", Claudia abruptly starts. "I had got a quantum computer and an AI for the purposes of the game, and it required an avatar. Enia suggested...that. It was from some word game her "father" had stolen for her when she was a child. I didn't have any better suggestions so I decided to go with it. And there you have it."

The video stops as suddenly as it begun.

Happy Maria

[To give people more time to ask their questions and such, I'm extending this phase by 18 hours. This will be the last extension of the game.]

Gettin' Old!

Jacob frowned not sure that any information in the files would satisfy him.

"Detective...missing children are your responsibility right? You should probably take Annabelle and get her into a new family if no one else wants her." He said before examining the treasure box himself.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

hi

"I'm a detective, not a social worker. But even so, I'll help this young girl find a new family." K-9 replies. He also begins examining the treasure box.

Happy Maria

The box is opened by both K-9 and Trix. Inside is…money! It's quite a lot, too, though some seems to have been taken. Still, it's enough to be split up among the players sufficiently.

Gettin' Old!

"Its disgusting if she thinks this is enough to make up for bringing us here." Jacob sneered taking his share nevertheless.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Trix is able to carry up to twenty wads of cash with him.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Enia frowns after her own file is heard, and stares at the pile of money. Nonetheless, she takes her own share of the money, albeit sadly.

Happy Maria

Enia manages to take about 20 wads of cash herself.

Shy guy

"There's still plenty o' money in there." Ben said, still looking rather uncomfortable. "So mebbe... mebbe we should leave some fer the girl?" He lowered his voice a little, though it was doubtful Annabelle would be unable to hear him in such a small room anyway. "No parents, no home... she prob'ly needs somethin' to help get her back on her feet, y'know? Ta afford... whatever it is she needs, I dunno. Fosterin' or however it works."

hi

K-9 takes his share of money from the box and counts to see how much is left.

Happy Maria

Counting the money in the box, it seems that only a quarter of it has been taken in total. Quite the hefty sum.
Page 20 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus