Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 103 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Trial)Topic%20Title

"S-Spit it out then, Oscar!"

"Hmmm no offense Keri but it may best to leave saving the world to others from now on. Your track record for it is looking spotty."

Shy guy

Keri had gone pale hearing what Oscar said, and didn't pay much mind to Jack's comment. "That... cannot be... the leaders, they said it was surely the work of the terrorist! It was the only thing I had to avoid the guilt..."

[put something witty here]

Composing himself as best he could, Oscar clears his throat and begins his recollection of the event one year ago.

"Right, ahem... I've gotten my thoughts in order, so here goes. Last year during the big event I was actually scheduled to perform for all of you. Before the festivities began I was actually backstage scoping the area out. I'd spotted two faces that I know recognize as Alex and Mr. Clement chatting in a nondescript corner. Well there was a 'no smoking' sign above them but that's about it. As well as Koichi there guarding a door as he'd said. Nothing too exciting so far.

"Soon the man of the hour, Ortwin Young, had come backstage looking for assistance. Apparently one of the buffet tables had gone missing somehow, and naturally he needed some extra muscle to retrieve a replacement. Another familiar face, Florian, happened to be in the area and volunteered to assist. No idea what he'd been doing at the moment, but the extra help was appreciated. We entered the 'employees only' door, took the staircase down to the storage room, and retreived a new table. Which I'd very much assume was the same one that our local ecoterrorist planted a bomb onto earlier." He pauses to shoot a wary look Keri's way. "...we returned to the auditorium, set up the extra table, and took our seats. Alex and the director were still chatting backstage, but that's probably irrelevant.

"After that, we all know how things went. Bombs went off, everyone panics, and I flee from the big, burning building. Start to finish, there's my story. Apparently I was the one who carried... Keri's bomb into the auditorium, because of numerous unforseen circumstances..."

Last edited by lcarus on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"That is not your fault," Koichi assured Oscar. "There is no way you could have known about the bomb Keri planted."

Koichi kept glaring at Keri, but didn't say anything to her. He seemed to be thinking.

Shy guy

Hearing the confirmation of her worst fears, Keri was leaning her hands heavily on the podium, the hood of her robe and the down-turned angle of her head hiding her face from view. The motion of her shoulders made it clear she was breathing heavily.

"Koichi, Bryan... tell me one thing, you attended to those caught in the blast. How bad was it? Any serious injuries? Did anyone... die?"

fella

Bryan looked at Keri and slowly shook his head. "I saw some people injured, but don't recall seeing anyone dead... But I wasn't there for too long, since the general ordered us to evacuate with the rest of the civilians after some time."

"Well, at least things ended fine then. No point criticizing for what could've happened."

"It's a miracle if that bomb really didn't kill anyone, but... how exactly did things end up 'fine?' The fact is a lot of people were hurt by that." Oscar raises a brow at Jack's nonchalant remark. "Though I suppose I can't expect you to care, seeing as it didn't personally affect you in any way."

"Whoa there, I just meant that things could've been much, much worse. That's all." Jack said, putting his hands up in defense. "We didn't have a mutant uprising after either. That's always good."

"Always an upside," Oscar replies with an eye roll. "By the way, Jack, you still haven't actually mentioned what all happened on your end. I'm hoping you did more than just sneak off and smoke in a closet and day?"

"Hey man, give me more credit than that!" He huffed, insulted.

"Anyway, on the day of the incident, I didn't care about the main event so I decided to sneak off to the backstage area to find a closet to smoke in all day. I found a men's room, so I did my business in there. I noticed a folding table outside and brought it in the bathroom to bar the door shut by wedging the table between the knob and the large trash can. Didn't really want to be interrupted after all.

"I decided hotboxing the room would be a good idea, so I took off my shirt and used it to jam the door crack. Couldn't cover the vent though, but whatever. Then I passed out after smoking for a bit cause the room got reaaaaally boxy. When I woke up my blunt was gone and the room wasn't full of smoke anymore. Also a siren announcing the meltdown was now playing.

"The backstage lobby was empty. I thought I heard commotion from the lobby itself but went through the 'Employees Only' door instead. I went down the staircase and saw the room was a mess, items scattered across the floor and smoke hovering near the ceiling. That's it though, I didn't find anything interesting so I just evacuated like everyone else."

ASCEND

"Hmm... Well, that's all interesting, but I'm not sure how far we can get like this," Otto remarks, "Maybe we should talk about today's events and... you know. I presume some of you found relevant information in your search of the facility?"

"Though we still haven't heard from Ms. Sawamatsu... I'll let you all decide if you want to wait for her or not."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Bzzt, Jack Jack's hotboxing could be the smoke Ultimate Keri saw along the ceiling," V.A.L. suggested.

"If that were the cause of the smoke...then is there any doubt?" Koichi asked, staring at Keri.

"I guess it couldn't hurt to talk about today's events? No reason to not put the information out there, even if it doesn't end up being discussed immediately."

Shy guy

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"If that were the cause of the smoke...then is there any doubt?" Koichi asked, staring at Keri.

"If that was the cause of the smoke, then it would not explain the smoke Jack found downstairs..." Keri replied hesitantly. "Unless it travelled through the vents somehow, but I do not think that is possible if the ventilation system had shut down. We all felt it, and VAL also found a status report that stated that a facility-wide system had gone down that day, which probably referred to the ventilation."

ASCEND

"Hmmm... I don't know about that," Otto remarked, "V.A.L., when did you say Abby got that reading?"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Well, I don't have much else to add at this point, but here goes," Urumi sighed.

"I waited around in the auditorium for a while for the dumb program to get rolling, then headed to the backstage to use, er, the restroom. As I headed that way, I saw Jerry. Not that I knew who he was at the time, but you know, that's who it was. Anyway, he was getting ready to go in the same restroom. The women's. I called him out on it, and he said the men's wouldn't open so he didn't have any choice. I went to check it and yeah, the door was blocked or something. Of course, we know why now." She frowned at Jack.

"So just as I was getting to walk off, he grabbed my hand and introduced himself. I asked what happened to needing the restroom, and he said he wanted to meet some of the other Ultimates, too. I glanced around the backstage area and noticed a couple people I know now; Koichi was over by the 'Employees Only' door, Boetius was telling what I guess was supposed to be a joke to Circe but she looked like she was in some kind of trance or whatever... Oh, I saw Mitzi being led back to the auditorium by Rinea. She stopped for a minute to get sick in a garbage can. Lovely thing to remember.

"Anyway, once I finished up in the restroom, I went back out front to find my seat." She chewed her lip. "Now that I think about it, I remember hearing some weird sort of grinding noise on my way back. When I got to the auditorium, it felt a little different from before, too. The air was stuffier, maybe? Well, the speech started and... you all know what happened next.

"I got moving when Ortwin told us to evacuate. Pretty sure I saw Boetius, Circe, Rinea, and Mitzi in my group, too..."

Planetbox wrote:
"Hmmm... I don't know about that," Otto remarked, "V.A.L., when did you say Abby got that reading?"

"Bzzt, it was right before the explosion," V.A.L. answered. "She said she was getting an emergency reading, bzzt, and then the explosion occurred before she could say what it was."

ASCEND

"So that was pretty late, then... I think it makes sense that the vent is what broke, but we shouldn't discount it just yet!"

"Anyway, I don't think we're likely to get much farther from here. Maybe we should change the subject?"

"...Alright. We should discuss Kyle's killer, or under the rules of the game, we will be punished. But we are not finished with this."

Shy guy

"That... is a good idea," Keri said weakly. "But just to finish up here, I think it might be possible that Jack's smoke went through the vents and that is how it got to other parts of the facility and also left the bathroom. This might also be what broke the ventilation system."

"A thought to stow away for now, but we'll certainly get back to it. If we're looking for a change in topic, would now be a good time to share our investigation findings? That ought to give us something to talk about."

"May as well just give the whole story." Jack took a deep drag of his joint, preparing to tell his entire story without pausing.

"Bry Guy, Matsu-san, and I were assigned to investigate the top floor. We were wearing radiation suits so we couldn't tell each other apart. I then searched auditorium, kind of lazily I admit. Only really checked the center of the room. Bry Guy found a folding table leaning against the wall in the boy's bathroom--maybe the one I set up? We then split up for a while to search the top floor and didn't see each other much.

"At T-29, the reactor bot came into the auditorium and unnverved me, so I dipped. Bry Guy and Matsu-san were still in the backstage area. At T-25, we left and noticed the ReactorBot. We put our suits away too.

“At T-15, I was getting antsy waiting for everyone so I put a suit back on and headed to the auditorium again. At T-5, I was searching the facility for other people still. ReactorBot was still inside whaaaaaat!!!

"I ran into VAL and Keri at the control room. They were trying to investigate the reactor, and from the outside we could see a discarded suit with a large slash on the suit's leg. Then we grabbed everyone else.

"As for the investigation, I'll let someone else do it. Investigations are important, so I don't wanna do a mediocre job y'know?" Jack said, obviously avoiding the work.

"Very well. I shall cover as many details as I can."

"At T-45, V.A.L., Oscar, Keri and I entered the control room. There was an old radiation suit found on the floor, against one of the control units, and the helmet to the left of it. Inside it, was the body of Ortwin Young...we even found a picture of Abby in his wallet. We tried to send a message to Jack, but there was no response. V.A.L discovered one of the consoles that printed out status updates regarding the facility, and she saw that a facility-wide system broke before the meltdown. There was footage on the day of the UTJS incident, where someone in a radiation suit was looking through a window, with another standing from outside. There was a manual, which were warnings about keeping stuff out of the decontamination room -- potentially dangerous things like electrical appliances. We heard Kyle warn us of a bomb in the control room, so we dove towards the closets...I heard a low humming noise, but nothing happened, so we ended up leaving."

"At T-20, we were still at the control room, but nothing much happened. Oscar left at one point, and then ten minutes later, I departed as well. I went to the auditorium, and saw another suited figure...I had no reason to suspect him for anything at the time. We did not exchange any words...we just headed outside and took our suits off. I didn't see who exactly it was."

"During our investigation, well...everyone knows what happened at the blimp, so I shall move onto what Oscar, V.A.L. and I found at the secret room. There was a fax machine, laptop, and series of monitors. Archive footage was unaccessible, and motives sent through fax were found at the fax machine. The only video we found on the computer was the one about Ortwin.

We checked outside the blimp, and found a bend of rope covered in knots where it emptied into the tunnel. The room seemed to be stuffed between the blimp and staircase...pulling it out, we discovered it was anchored to something, and it was long. Otto said it came from the storage room, which is surely the truth. It also was worn out and had stains. All we found at the subway tunnel was a missing radiation suit."

"Koichi seems to have covered things well enough, but I might as well elaborate on a few points. That footage I dug up on the security camera was of the door to the control room, shot from the hallway. Mr. Hazmat was inside the room while our mystery man was outside and looking in, which you could tell because of the window on the door. The grainy quality and poor lighting made it impossible to tell who was outside the room, but soon enough they left and nothing else really happened.

"After the false bomb alarm, nothing else seemed to be happening so I excused myself for a bit. And what a coincidence Koichi, I too happened to see a suited individual while I was in the auditorium. And seems they didn't have my to say at the time either. Curious thing, that.

"We all know what happened afterwards, discovering Kyle's... body. Uh, while in the captain's quarters Bryan discovered that the steering wheel was very messily smeared with the greasy remains of some chips, which he seemed to have a difficult time cleaning off. I myself happened to find the bottle of Ottopoison from so long ago, yet now it was empty and lying in a trash can. Very odd...

"As for the rest of my investigation... well, again it seems that was covered thoroughly. I've nothing more to add."

"I see," Koichi said. "Then the figures we saw were each other, then? That would make sense...we both left the control room at around the same time."

ASCEND

"Hmm... A manual..." Otto said, "I remember seeing something like that. I think it said that just about any form of combustion could be a safety risk too."

"Bzzt, I think everything I saw has been covered. A few minor details though - Ultimate Koichi tried to contact Jack Jack from in the control room but got no response, bzzt. Either the message didn't go through or he was ignored, bzzt."

"Then, the video footage Ultimate Oscar found, bzzt, showed two figures. Bzzt, Ultimate Keri, your story suggests you were alone down there when you planted the...bomb, correct, bzzt?" V.A.L. seemed to struggle with the word. "If that's the case, those are different people, bzzt, and depending on the time stamp of the video, bzzt, I speculate it could be the missing suit we noticed, which has been missing for a year, bzzt, worn by the terrorist then, or it could be my Master after the explosion. When he found me and Abby, bzzt, he was wearing a decontamination suit."

ASCEND

"Wait, hold on," Otto said, waving his hands. "That suit wasn't missing for an entire year! It was still present when I set up the lockers just a few weeks ago. In my humble opinion, it makes the most sense that the suited figure in the video was Ortwin..."

"Jack pretty much covered what we did on the first floor." Urumi narrowed her eyes at Jack. "He said he wanted to check the auditorium thoroughly, though. I guess I should have known better. Anyway, not really anything else to add. I found an air vent in the girls' room, but I think we already know about those, right?"

She crossed her arms. "So, after we found Kyle and got thrown out of his room, we went to the captain's quarters. Duh. We know what happened. Moving on. I went back to Kyle's room with Keri, Jack, and Bryan. Keri checked Kyle's body, and like the 'file' said, she couldn't find any wounds on him. He had a couple drops of water on his glasses, though. He had some old, partly burned piece of paper in his pocket, too.

"Bryan washed his hands off in the restroom, and when he came back, he saw... something on the wall? Forgot to ask what, but he mentioned how Kyle was never meant to be in the same room as the rest of us.

"Keri and Jack checked a locked box on the back of the fax machine. It had papers with the first three motives on them. Nothing for the fourth, though... Uh, there weren't any clues on the jukebox I guess, and the room door had a deadbolt on it... I can't think of anything else that hasn't been mentioned."

Shy guy

"The figure in the video... Koichi said they seemed familiar. We could not tell who they were, but it was likely one of us," Keri said.

"Um, as Jack said, we later went to investigate the decontamination room, where we found a discarded radiation suit. The window of the helmet was fogged up, and there was a large slash in the side of one leg. I... have a theory about that. Kyle called everyone in the control room to tell them there was a bomb, which there was not. To call us, Kyle would have had to have used a communication device in another suit... the one we found missing earlier. Additionally he would have had to have been close, otherwise the connection would not get through as Koichi found when trying to call Jack. I think he was in the decontamination room. He gave us a fake bomb warning so that we would hide in the closets, and then he could leave without us seeing him."

"Furthermore... he left his suit behind in the decontamination room. This suit had a puncture, so radiation and other outside elements could have gotten in, or indeed heat could get out. The window was fogged up, which might suggest condensation from cold. His glasses were also found to have condensation when we examined him back in his room..."

"To add to what others have said about the investigations: firstly, apparently Ottopoison has the strange side effect of... making its victim fart... sparkles. Possibly reason to conclude Kyle wasn't poisoned, at least. Kyle's body was very cold, and as mentioned his glasses had condensation on them. When Bryan went to wash his hands, the sink made an extraordinarily loud, high-pitched sound, it must have been in terrible condition. As for the motives, the first was incredibly detailed and verbose, including information on destroying Abby's house first. The second meanwhile was very short, just one simple, vague sentence. The third had a bit more thought put into the explanation, but it was still nothing compared to the detailing of the first motive. And as Urumi said, the fourth motive was nowhere to be found. Given how Kyle talked about it, I wonder if he thought the motive too extreme and came up with his own mild version? He was trying to look out for us at that point... And, um, finally the deadbolt must have been how Kyle kept us out of his room when we first found his door unopenable."

"Bzzt, that begs the question...why did Kyle need to go into the decontamination or reactor rooms?"

Shy guy

"I do not know... but I do know that the decontamination room can be set to very low temperatures. This may be what happened to Kyle, through his own volition or not," Keri suggested.

"Kyle went there before any of us, so he clearly wanted to find something before any of us did. Yet the only thing of note we found on him was a small scrap of paper, the one Urumi mentioned. It was very old, and had been burned in places. Additionally, what caused the cut in the suit of his leg? Was that from an altercation with ReactorBot, perhaps? Or would it have left him alone?"

"So you think Kyle died from radiation poisoning?" Urumi frowned. "I guess he's the only one who could have used the extra suit... Isn't it kind of weird, though? The suit you guys found had a 'large slash' on it, right? But we couldn't find any wounds on Kyle. You'd think he would have a cut on his leg, or at least through his pants."

fella

"Well, uh... Jack pretty much covered everything he, Urumi, and I did before the body was found. Oh, and as for that thing on the wall that I found, it was just, like, a list of rules or something. Doesn't seem too important, but you never know," Bryan remarks with a shrug. "Anyway, one thing I want to add is that there was an auto-pilot feature for the ship. It basically let it fly with a pre-set list of commands and instructions and all. Oh, and the rope we found had a stain on it, too... Anyways, the others pretty much covered everything in the investigation. Now, back to the topic at hand..."

He sighed, scratching his cheek. "It is weird, yeah. And even if the slash was there beforehand, he probably would've noticed it before putting it on. Though... hey, maybe that stain on the rope could've been the Pringles that got on my hands? Maybe Kyle touched the wheel with his hands for whatever reason, getting it on them, and used the rope to get to wherever he was going?" he suggested.

ASCEND

"Whoa now, let's slow down a little!" Otto said, "The decontamination room isn't like a freezer! I'm pretty sure it should have been set to room temperature at the time!"

"But if his suit was broken, it's possible he was irradiated... Does his body really match up with a death by irradiation poisoning? As for the slash in his suit, perhaps it was simply caused by something none of us had the opportunity to see yet..."

"V.A.L.'s asking a good question though... Why would Kyle have even gone down there?"

Shy guy

"I do not know, what are the symptoms of radiation poisoning?" Keri asked.

"As for a reason to go down there... well... I imagine it would make sense if Kyle wanted to find out who the terrorist was himself? He was heading for the reactor, I do not think there is much of value to be found in the decontamination room. We did not actually manage to investigate the reactor in the end, so who knows what could be in there? Yet I imagine the reactor would be a good place to find evidence on the meltdown."

"Considering how involved Kyle had gotten with our last case, that sounds plausible," Oscar nods. "He... might have been going on ahead to make sure it was safe for the rest of us? After all, you could only imagine what state that room would be in after the meltdown."
Page 103 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus