Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 92 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch4 Trial)Topic%20Title

"Bullets don't kill people, people kill people, you know?!"

"Gun safety is real and if there's any doubt as to whether or not a real bullet is in your gun then it's your fault for firing it!"

"But yeah, whoever pulled the trigger would be the blackened even if they did not realize it would kill someone."

ASCEND

"More importantly, what's a 'blackened?'" Otto asks absentmindedly. "Boy, I just can't keep up with you kids and your strange colloquialisms..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Well...at the very least, I do not think it is Bryan. Although I suppose we will examine that at a later time."

Koichi clutched his chin as he began to recall his alibi. His face seemed somewhat darkened and worried.

"Bryan told us about his proposition to duel James. At first, we were against it, but Bryan was so adamant...that we decided it would be okay if we took the proper precautions. And I must admit, it is perplexing. Keri and I were the ones making sure everything went smoothly, so I doubt we let anything major slip between our fingers. Keri mentioned that the safe combinations were all the same, so perhaps..."

He shook his head and continued.

"Anyways, we went to get all of the handguns. We got two revolvers from the saloon at around 9, then we went to the bank, and finally the post office. I offered to stand guard here, as there were many weapons that could be stolen. While I was standing guard, Kyle prank-called me, so Bryan thinks...how rude of him!"

He wagged his finger at Kyle disapprovingly before continuing.

"Anyways...in the end, I realized that there was still one gun that was accessible. Mine. I had been leaving it behind, so I decided to fetch it and hide it somewhere so it would be out of dangerous hands. Therefore, I headed towards the stable, to hide it in one of the haystacks. Jack arrived soon after, and we were there until the duel started. He had asked to check with my gun, and I did not see a reason to distrust him, so I put the safety on and gave it to him. He must have found a way to turn it off, because...well, as the duel started, Jack began to rush outside. So I reached for the gun, and it fired. The bullet ricocheted across the room, and we did not find it. And then we heard the body discovery announcement."

fella

Bryan looked somewhat pale, looking visibly nervous due to Kyle's words. "Oh, god, was it me? W-Was that bullet... No, it couldn't have been real..." He shakes his head before looking at Koichi. "Well... I appreciate your trust in me, dude," he said before turning his attention to everyone in the room. "Anyways, I'll go over everything I did."

"Koichi pretty much described everything that we did, what with him and Keri checking the safes and all. We went to the saloon, checked the safe, grabbed two revolvers out of it for the duel, and then headed to the bank. Koichi noticed that Keri had entered the same passcode for both safes, so Keri asked him if he watched her enter them, but he denied it. She then explained that all safes had the same passcode, so yeah. Anyway, in that safe were some hunting rifles and shotguns. We then checked the safe in the post office, which also had some revolvers and some guns from the saloon. Koichi offered to stand guard, and Keri said that only people who knew the code could access the safe, but she decided that it was a good idea. We all stayed in the post office until about 10:00, and then Keri and I left while Koichi stayed there."

"Next, Oscar and I headed to the top floor of the post office to get everything ready. Koichi was in the lobby, standing guard, I'm guessing. Oscar had rubber bullets and blanks, though when I asked him about the blanks, he said that he must've mistaken some for rubber bullets. He loaded one rubber bullet into one revolver, and I loaded one into mine. I grabbed both revolvers and we headed downstairs, leaving all of those bullets behind. Koichi went ahead and came with us when we headed to the bank to take inventory, and when we got there, we ran into Keri. I asked her if anyone took anything from the safe, and she said that no one has, at least for as long as she's been there. After that, Koichi explained the call he got, and I just thought it was a prank call."

"At 11:00, Oscar and I went to the sheriff's office to get James. We told him to put on a holster, but he reeeeally didn't want to. We talked for a bit after that. At 11:45-ish, Oscar let James out and we all got ready for the duel. That should just about sum things up for me."

[put something witty here]

"At any rate, I'd hope our killer wasn't simply taken advantage of by the true culprit. How unjust that would be," Oscar says, shaking his head. "Best we figure that out soon, no?"

"Ah, but first my story. Today I was approached by Bryan and asked that I judge and maybe help set up for his duel. Gathering the bullets, finding a pair of holsters, that sort of thing. Naturally the bullets were among the bunch we'd handed over to V.A.L. I thought I'd made sure to only grab rubber bullets, though seems some of them were blanks! I counted them later, and discovered there were about eight of each kind. Luckily I hadn't grabbed any 'real' bullets alongside them. At any rate, the holsters of course were from the tailor. That, and... my hat. I left it behind, as I'd assumed it wouldn't be appropriate for this gathering..." He taps the top of his head sorrowfully. "...oh, I approached V.A.L. at about 8:40, and went to the tailor at 9:00 I believe?"

"After that I arrived at the post office, laid out the bullets, and took extra care loading up one of the guns. 10:00 if I'm not mistaken. I was to load only one rubber bullet in the gun, per Bryan's request. Certainly made things more exciting, no? I recall the supposed prank call as well, to which I say we're likely worrying over nothing."

"11:00 Bryan and I returned to the sheriff's office to retrieve Mr. Clement, though we didn't actually leave for another 45 minutes. From there I simply observed the duel and... well, seems it all went to hell shortly after."

"As for investigations, Keri and I checked a number of buildings. Nothing was out of place in the sheriff's office or the bank, no missing guns or anything. The post office, however, I realized that one of the blanks was missing. Besides that I also discovered a bloody pair of tweezers hidden inside a trunk. Keri meanwhile noticed a large, wet spot in the dirt near the water tower, which was visible from the window. Peculiar all around, but that about sums everything up on my end."

"Bzzt, my day has been as follows," V.A.L. began. "Around 8:40 Ultimate Oscar came to me and took bullets for the duel. After that I went to the stables to be alone, bzzt, and I was until Ultimate Keri found me at 10:00. We counted the bullets in my compartment together, bzzt, and got the same result twice. After she left, bzzt, I remained in the stable until 11:00, when I went to the post office to view the duel, bzzt."

V.A.L. shook slightly as it recounts the next part. "I had a clear view of Ultimate James, bzzt, and when the duel started at 11:50 he seemed unconcerned with the competition, bzzt. But as the countdown started he suddenly noticed me and pointed his gun at me, bzzt! I was startled, bzzt, and quickly wheeled away to hide behind the desk, and I missed the rest of the duel. I only came out when I heard the body discover announcement, bzzt."

Shy guy

"I certainly hope that is not what happened..." Keri sighed.

"Well then, excuse me for any repetition, I may as well be fully detailed about this. Bryan came to me to ask for a pair of revolvers, and Koichi joined us just as we were planning to leave, suggesting we inventory all of the safes while we were at it. As he said, we went to the saloon first at 9:00 to pick up two revolvers from the safe; he must have seen me entering the combination here, for at the next location, the bank, he noticed that I had used the same on the safe here too. One combination was sufficient for each safe, I had thought: each only contained guns, once any one safe was open, the perpetrator would have had access to sufficient firepower that it would not much matter if they obtained more. And of course, VAL had all the bullets. In any case, the bank's safe contained hunting rifles and shotguns, but all seemed to be in order and so we moved on to the post office. The safe here contained a few more revolvers and some guns from the saloon, all as expected. We all remained there for a while until the clock struck 10, at which point Bryan and I left while Koichi stayed behind to guard the safe."

"I headed for the stable where I found VAL, and together we inventories the bullets it was carrying. VAL informed me that Oscar had taken some blanks and rubber bullets earlier, of course. Otherwise no bullets were missing, we even double-checked this. I therefore decided to go to the bank to watch over the safe there, arriving at around 10:30. All of the guns were still in the safe, as they should have been. A little later Koichi, Bryan and Oscar all arrived, and we talked about this and that until 11. At some point in this Koichi mentioned that... prank call?"

"A little after 11 I decided to meet Urumi at the saloon, where we found Raul behind the bar. He was getting something to drink before the duel, and offered us some as well. We accepted and had some pleasant conversation until 11:50. I sat with Urumi by the window, where we had a good view of James, though not much else. For some reason James was looking our way... at Urumi in particular, it seemed. He certainly wasn't paying much mind to the upcoming duel. Once Oscar started to count down we heard the train suddenly passing by, from the left it seemed like, which was highly unusual. I had thought we were supposed to be isolated out here! But that is not important right now. What is more important is what happened in the saloon just a few moments later, which I cannot yet explain. Just after Oscar reached 'one' in his countdown, we heard a crash from behind us and turned to see Raul collapsed! Speaking of, how are you fairing now?" she asked with a concerned look at the Revolutionary.

"U-um, in any case, we were no longer paying attention to the duel at this point, as you might imagine. Raul struggled to push himself off the counter and we saw blood and broken glass from the beverage glasses covering it. Raul said he might have been shot, but assured us he would be fine, just as he had been back at that campsite. Hearing this, and then the body discovery announcement, Urumi and I had little alternative but to trust him and head for the scene."

"Later I investigated the sheriff's office, bank and post office with Oscar. The sheriff's office seemed as before. At the bank I checked the safe and found that all the guns were still present; Oscar rightly pointed out that they were all too large to easily steal and conceal in any case. A revolver is much more likely a weapon. Next we headed to the post office, and once again found that nothing was missing from the safe there. We went upstairs, which is where I noticed that a large patch of dirt in front of the water tower was wet. Oscar meanwhile noticed that one of the blanks was missing from the set that was laid out, and then inside the trunk we found a small pair of tweezers, the tip of which was covered in blood."

"I doubt you're the culprit too." Raul said to Bryan. "At least, I think there has to be more to the case given the evidence...but I guess we must concentrate on our alibis for now." He sighed.

"I spent most of the morning watching over James. He was mostly being his usual self, but he did seem oddly excited about the duel.

At 11, I went to the saloon to get a drink while I waited for the duel to start. Keri and Urumi showed up shortly after, and the three of us spent the hour there. We could see James pretty well from where we were.

Later on, Oscar started counting down. We also heard a rather loud noise, apparently from a train, at the same time. As the countdown went on, I felt a pain in my chest, and fell on a stack of glass cups that were on the counter. I had been shot, though I did not immediately realize this as the sound of the train made it hard to hear anything. The body discovery announcement went off shortly after, though, so Keri and Urumi rushed out to see what happened while I recovered in the saloon. As you can tell, I ended up healing soon enough, and was able to assist in the investigation.

Jack, Bryan and I investigated the 4 buildings on the right side. The saloon had a bullet hole in the window, which I guess is where I got shot through. Besides that and the shards from when I fell over earlier, everything seemed in order there, including the guns inside the safe.

The stable and the tailor didn't have anything interesting on them, though Jack apparently expected to find something on the stable

Then we investigated the undertaker. There was a coffin on the ground there, and the inside was covered in blood. We found a knife and a hammer there, both covered in blood. The knife came from the blimp according to Kyle. There was also a hand mirror, which was oddly clean compared to the other objects. And I think that's about it for what I saw."
Signature loading, please wait...

"No, you can relax," Koichi said to Bryan. "There is evidence you didn't commit the murder. During my investigation, I found a rubber bullet next to James' body. As far as I can tell, the only rubber bullet that could have ended up by James came from your gun, which you correctly assumed was loaded with said bullet."

He clutched his chin. "The bullet wound was also very messy. It did not enter James' body cleanly. In addition, there was no exit wound, so it was likely fired from afar. I would say it is more likely James was shot by Jack or I, during our accident at the stable...although I'm not so sure that's the case either."

"Regardless, I might as well reveal the rest of my investigation results...the blimp was missing a kitchen knife...the outhouse reeked of weed, so Jack was presumably there at some point. Finally, we found the train tracks. Otto said he used the train to see what controlling a train was like, or something like that."

"Also, James' bag had a variety of belongings. We found a screwdriver, a press pass from Alex, someone's hair, and a video chip...Otto took that away though. He said it was not important...which I assume is a lie."

ASCEND

Otto pulls a glass out of the wall just so he can crush it with his bare hands.

"Look, pal, if you're gonna start assuming I'm lying, you might as well assume everyone's lying. I'm literally hard-coded to not tell lies! The sun will crash into the Earth and eradicate all known life in the universe before I tell a little white lie."

"That chip was recorded by James at least two days ago. It has no relevance to his murder whatsoever. Is that good enough for you?"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"...I knew having these stupid guns around was a bad idea. Should have kept them locked up." Urumi sighed. "Alright, here's how my morning went.

"I went to the saloon around 9 or so and hung around on the second floor for about half an hour. When I went downstairs, Jack was stinking up the place with one of his blunts. I told him to take that elsewhere, so we went to the undertaker's, figuring that would be somewhere he could smoke without bothering anyone. For some reason, though, the door wouldn't open. Not sure if it was locked or what. Anyway, rather than mess with it any more, he went to smoke in the outhouse instead. I went to the bank and just kind of wasted some time until around 10, I think?

"After that, I just stayed in the blimp for another hour or so until it was time to meet up with Keri in the saloon. I just felt like hanging out with her. Nothing wrong with that," Urumi defended herself unnecessarily. "Raul was there; he made us drinks and we just hung around and talked while we waited for the stupid duel to get over with. Just before Oscar finally started counting down, we heard that awful noise from the train coming from the left. While I was looking that way, Keri and I heard Raul fall over at the 'One'. We ran over to check on him, of course; he said he thought he'd been shot but thought he'd be alright. Before we really had much chance to argue with him, the announcement sounded, so he told us to go see what happened, so, uh, we did..."

She sighed again and folded her arms. "Koichi and V.A.L. checked James... We found a rubber bullet near him, so that checks out. Koichi had a look at his wound and couldn't find an exit, plus he said the hole itself was weird? Like it wasn't a clean entry, I guess? Anyway, we checked James' stuff. Koichi said his gun had a blank in it instead of a rubber bullet. We went through his bag and found... not much of value really, besides this."

Urumi held up a video card with “In memoriam…” written on it. "It was in the camera," she explained. "Robo-jerk said it wasn't relevant but to bring it anyway."

She shrugged and put it back in her pocket. "After that, we looked around a bit more. There was a kitchen knife missing from the blimp, the outhouse stunk but I already told you why, and we found out the Robo-jerk was the one messing with the train earlier. Nothing else worth bringing up, really."

She frowned. "So it doesn't sound like Bryan shot James... Could the bullet from Koichi's gun have hit Raul and somehow ricocheted to hit James? Seems like a longshot, but there weren't many guns or bullets unaccounted for, right?"

Kyle speaks up when Otto crushes the glass against the wall.

"Me?! I wouldn't lie! My ethics have never looked cleaner!"

"Oh sorry, you guys weren't talking about me."

Kyle chuckles awkwardly and goes silent.

ASCEND

((Just some clarification when interpreting your alibis. When you see something like "Ten... Nine... Eight..." and then some actions or dialogue, that stuff happened during the timeframe where Oscar's counting down, not after. Otherwise a lot of stuff would be happening in like a second, which is just silly.))

"Hey, Raul?" Urumi turned to the Revolutionary. "Which window at the saloon had the bullet hole in it? Which way was it facing, I mean."

"I'm pretty sure it was on the front, facing the street where James and Bryan were dueling." Raul replied.

"Huh, really?" Urumi blinked. "Uh, well, I guess it's not very likely that you were shot with Koichi's gun... Unless you found more than one hole?"

Jack was misty-eyed, a few drops of tears running down his face. “Man, why’d it have to be James? After everything he’s done for us—man, life is simply unfair, y’know?” He kicked the podium in frustration. “I-I’ll miss him.”

"My mind is blanking on what he has done for us..." Koichi sighed. "But yes, no one here deserves to die..."

“Oh I mean he probably deserved it more than any of us by a healthy margin—speaking in-universe of course.” Jack frowned. “I wouldn’t piss on him if he were on fire. But still, he was a funny prick that James. Sigh...”

"Now I'd almost wondered if anyone actually did grieve that wonderful director, but there you go," Oscar says off-hand. "...though it's tragic that any of us would go this far regardless. I cared little for the man, but I'm certainly not about to shake his killer's hand for what they did."

fella

Nodding his head in agreement, Bryan let out a small sigh. "No one deserves to die. He was a complete jerk, yeah... Insulting us at every opportunity, not wanting us to escape because we're all 'useless', being an accomplice in a murder plan... but yeah. I wanted to teach him a lesson, but... I didn't want him to die." He looks down, looking a little guilty and glum. "If I hadn't decided to duel him, he may still be alive... but regardless, we've gotta find his killer. Uh, obviously."

Jack was scrolling through his phone for some time, still sniffing. He looked up at everyone. "What? Someone has to do it now that he's dead. Ah here we go." He pressed a button.

"Early in the day, I decided to rip to pass the time. And for what it's worth, I was taking a t-break ever since we got here, not that anyone noticed. So you guys can suck on that next time you tell me I'm addicted."

He coughed. "Err herm. Anyway. Matsu-san covered most of it--I went to the outhouse to rip. It wasn't exactly my location of choice, and I doubt I'll do it again. But at 11 I coincidentally ran into my other Japanese friend, Tachi-kun. And what do you know, that's when I learned people were taking the guns out of the safes. So it turns out we totally could've had our fun shooting each other if we wanted to and it wouldn't have changed this outcome." He says, a bit too smug. "Tachi-kun wanted to hide his gun in a haystack, which was an obviously terrible idea. Shortly after hearing 'seven six five' [which I guess was during seven six five], Tachi-kun accidentally fired the gun when grabbing it from me. It ricocheted around the room and Tachi-kun tackled me to the ground to keep me out of harm's way. That's about it--Raul covered the investigation."

Jack tapped his foot a little. "Oh and this is just guesswork but I'd assume maybe Tachi-kun accidentally shot Raul?" He shrugged.

"W-Well, you were the one who turned the safety off..." Koichi sighed. "I thought you would be an excellent candidate in gun care..."

"For a soldier, you are remarkably reckless with that gun." Oscar sighs, shooting the cadet with an admonishing look. "So... the bullet managed to ricochet out of the room, hit something across the street, then fly into the saloon and hit Raul? Is that the general idea?"

Koichi saluted. "Is it a crime to trust a fellow comrade with a weapon? I do not think so!"

Oscar frowns at the gesture. "And yet because of that, seems Raul took yet another bullet. Suppose it nailed Keri or Urumi in the head instead? Then where would we be?"

Koichi's ears drooped. "W-Well, I just thought he was someone who could be trusted with it..."

"Right. The one who suggested divvying up all the guns the other day." Oscar rolls his eyes. "But again, I'm still curious about how that bullet went along its way. The stable is next door to the saloon after all. Quite the angle it'd have to hit to fly along that path..."

ASCEND

"Well, looks like you've all hit a bit of a wall," Otto says, "Fear not, for I've created some topics to help you! Please direct your attention to the monitor!"

The screen shows James's face split on the left side of the screen, with two sentences printed next to it.

"How did the killer get their gun(s)?"
"How did the killer get their bullet(s)?"

"Better make the most of them, cause you aren't getting any more! ...Unless I change my mind."

"The killer could've just looked at someone entering the combination, right? Bry Guy's testimony proves it's possible."

fella

"The only person who knows the code is Keri... Then again, Koichi did notice her enter the same code the first one had for the second one, so I guess he could know the code, too," Bryan said with a shrug.

"So casually you begin pointing fingers," Oscar chuckles. "Though it's true anyone who was a little more observant around the safe could figure out the combinations. So that'd leave just Koichi, Keri, and maybe even Bryan who could retrieve a gun on their own, yes? Merely speculation, but that's what it looks like."

"Assuming no one else was around any other time a safe was opened, then it does sound like those three are the only ones who could've taken a gun. Which still leaves us with the question of what they did with it afterwards, since apparently no guns were missing except the ones taken for the duel."

"You know, it seems extremely likely to me that James wasn't killed with an authentic bullet. He could've been killed by a rubber one maybe, but I do know blanks can kill at close range." He shrugged as he raised the suggestion. "Everybody seemed to be facing away from James right at the end of the countdown too...except for Oscar."

"I actually do have somewhat of an alibi," Koichi pointed out to the others, on the topic of the guns. "Kyle 'prank' called me at the post office, so I can say while I may have taken a saloon weapon, I did not secure any weapons that came from the bank or saloon. In addition, I saw Bryan and Oscar descend from the upper floor at around 10:30. So I can confirm Bryan's location at that time. It would be somewhat bizarre if I left the post office."

Koichi raised his finger. "By the way, I should mention no one took a gun from here between 10 and 10:30. The only time a post office weapon could have been stolen is after 10:30, when I went to the bank."

JesusMonroe wrote:
"You know, it seems extremely likely to me that James wasn't killed with an authentic bullet. He could've been killed by a rubber one maybe, but I do know blanks can kill at close range." He shrugged as he raised the suggestion. "Everybody seemed to be facing away from James right at the end of the countdown too...except for Oscar."

"Even if that's true, how could Oscar have possibly known everyone would be distracted when they were?" Urumi frowned.

"Doesn't have to be Oscar. But James getting killed with a blank is worth considering, I think."

fella

"Well, if he was killed by a blank, whoever killed him would have to get really close..." Bryan elucidated.

"How close is 'really close'?" Urumi tilted her head. "Everyone except you and Oscar was inside one of the buildings, you were, uh, forty paces away from James, and Oscar was... not quite as far but still more than twenty paces away? That's how it works, right? Wait, how long is a pace, anyway?"

"A pace! A Roman measure of distance! Typically equivalent to about one average human step."
Page 92 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus