Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 99 of 115[ 4571 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch4 Trial)Topic%20Title

The sky is the limit!

Otto jovially laughs at Raul’s taunting. “Ha! Sorry, Mr. Deno, I’m afraid I don’t buy that. These executions were designed to kill people. Your impending demise is just a fact of life! It’s like my programming: perfectly uniform and totally predictable. So, if you would, please wait quietly for the execution to begin.”

Raul shrugs and shakes his head. “Sure, if you wish. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

“Alright, Mr. Crawford, start the execution, if you please!”

“Sure thing, boss. L-Let’s see if you’re still laughing after this!” Kyle replies, trying to sound cool and intimidating.

The students hear Kyle let out a sigh and mutter something under his breath, almost like a hopeful plea.

Click

Spoiler: Larga Vida Al Rey

Raul stood on a crudely-fashioned stage, a few yards off into the desert, tied to a post. Perched between him and the airship was a veritable army of automatons. Some were armed with pistols, some with assault rifles, and a few were mounted on large tanks, but they all had their sights locked on Raul. Behind them, Otto watched from the trial room’s large window, wearing an extravagant crown on his head. With a hearty chuckle, he snapped his fingers, causing the stage around Raul to rush in flames.

In the face of all this danger, Raul showed no fear. He simply smiled confidently, let out a laugh… and slammed his head into the back of the pillar.

The post, which hadn’t been properly affixed to the bottom of the stage, toppled backwards into the inferno. The ropes binding Raul burned within seconds, allowing him to stand back up. Other than some soot on his clothes, he looked fine.

Otto’s cheerful mood faltered. This wasn’t how things were meant to go at all. Otto’s eye glanced about nervously, as he pointed and ordered his army to attack.

And attack they did… but they were too late. By the time the infantrymen in front had gotten off their first shot, Raul had hurled the burning remains of the post at their front lines. With a sickening crunch, a third of the robotic army was torn in half, sparks flying wildly from their bodies.

The rest of the robots, unfazed by the loss of their comrades, aimed their weapons and began to fire, but Raul had already taken cover behind the burning stage. The robots, uncertain what to do now that their target had disappeared, began to mingle about aimlessly. Otto waved a fist in the air and banged on the window, cursing their ineptitude.

Suddenly, Raul launched from his cover like a missile. He quickly retrieved a pistol from one of the deceased robots and fired upon the army, causing many more to collapse in defeat. His immortality didn’t even make a difference, as none of the robots could land a shot on him.

Around this time, the tanks turned their attention to Raul, preparing to fire. Raul took cover beside one of the tanks, but one still had him in its sight. Just before it fired, he grabbed the remains of a robot and chucked it in the way of the blast, causing the shot to explode harmlessly over his head.

Raul turned and leapt atop the nearest tank, bullets firing around him. Mustering all his strength, he tore the door open and jumped in. He rained punishing blows across the robot inside and then slammed him to the ground in a shower of sparks. Then he got behind the wheel.

The rest of the army didn’t stand a chance after that. He fired a shot into the tank next to him, sending it flying into the final one. Then he effortlessly crushed the rest of the army under the treads of his vehicle. Before long, the desert was covered in the broken remains of the robotic soldiers.

Raul had won.

Raul climbed out of the tank, reloading the pistol in his hand, and marched across the dusty road to the entrance of the blimp. He grinned in satisfaction.

Otto stares out the window, his eye wide, as if he was still in the process of running algorithms to figure out what had just happened.

Suddenly, laughter comes over the speakers… but this time it’s Kyle. “Ahahaha! That was awesome! He barely even needed that immortality to survive that. Man, Otto, you suck!”

“E-Excuse me?” Otto replies, “I do not suck! I lack the mechanical ability to even attempt to suck anything!” Otto glances out the window again. “Oh dearie my! He’s coming for the blimp! Quick, we have to evacuate! Kyle, get us out of here!”

“I can’t drive the blimp from here, man!” Kyle replies, “Not after you yelled at me and left the spare key back at the hotel! Looks like you’re on your own.”

“Oh, egads!” Otto says, “Alright, this is fine… I just have to plug myself into the control port and steer us out of here!”

“Whoops, too late! Looks like he just stepped on board!”

“Oh, cattle poop! Oh, poppycock! Oh, bloody hell! Oh… auugh, I’ve run out of interjections!”

(Just in case people get the wrong idea, I'll emphasize that you may still post freely.)
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"S-Should we help him?!" Koichi asked, in disbelief over what he just saw.

"Help how?" Urumi gasped. "I mean, sure, it'd be nice, but what can I even do here?"

"The guns..! We can fetch the guns from the safes!"

[put something witty here]

"Can we help him? He seems to be doing well enough on his own!" Oscar laughed, too startled to really process what was happening.

Shy guy

"Otto, don't you dare leave now! We must bring those poor horses with us so that they are not left to die here!" Keri cried. Clearly her passion for rebellion had been sparked by Raul's actions, as she abandoned her podium to try and take the elevator up.

Jack cupped his hands over his mouth. “Yo, keep going!” He shouted. “We’re pulling for you!”

The sky is the limit!

KamiPanda wrote:
"Otto, don't you dare leave now! We must bring those poor horses with us so that they are not left to die here!" Keri cried. Clearly her passion for rebellion had been sparked by Raul's actions, as she abandoned her podium to try and take the elevator up.

Otto quickly flew in front of Keri, attempting to block her path to the non-existent elevator. "Wait, don't do anything reckless! I already brought the horses back on-board! Except one of them, which has gone missing! I'm pretty sure Mr. Marlowe murdered it!" He says, pointing wildly.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

“What are you talking about?!” Jack yelled. “He’s just trying to create discord among the group—let’s focus on Raul!”

"...When did that happen?" Koichi asked, genuinely unaware.

Urumi bolted after Keri and grabbed for her arm. "What the hell are you doing!?" she snapped. "We don't even know if the trial's over yet! Are you TRYING to get yourself killed or what?"

Thank you, valued customer

"Hahahaha! This is way better than how I thought this was gonna go!!"

Kyle laughs pretty genuinely. Unlike some of his manic cackling, it seems to have joy behind it.

"Wooo!!"

Raul ran back to the trial room. He held a gun up and pointed it at Otto. "Don't you dare try to pull off anything now, or I won't hesitate to shoot."

"I was found guilty, but couldn't be executed. This trial can't end properly. What does that mean for this farce of a game?!" He asked, not taking his eyes, or the gun, off Otto.
Signature loading, please wait...

"Bzzt, that was... Somehow both unexpected and expected," V.A.L. beeped, surprised by the outcome.

"I recommend everyone stand behind me on the chance Ultimate Raul pulls the trigger, bzzt, and his bullet ricochets," the robot added.

Shy guy

JesusMonroe wrote:
“What are you talking about?!” Jack yelled. “He’s just trying to create discord among the group—let’s focus on Raul!”

Keri turned to glare at Jack. "Fine, we shall keep our focus on this for now, but do not think I will not come asking later about what Otto just said," she said menacingly, before allowing herself to be led back by Urumi.

She followed the action quite intently from there, clearly thinking this might finally be their chance to end the game.

"This is great!" Jack smiled, standing behind VAL as instructed. "We're on top of the world! No way anything can go wrong now!"

The sky is the limit!

"Well, uhh..." Otto says, clearly looking nervous. "I don't see how this is our fault! We were quite clear about the rules! When the culprit is identiifed, they must be punished through their execution! By failing to die, Mr. Deño is the one who broke the rules. Therefore, I'm afraid I have no choice but to punish him! Not even he can survive getting blown to smithereens, right? So, Mr. Crawford, if you would."

"Sure thing," Kyle replies, "But first, I think I'm gonna take a nice, refreshing shower. See you in a bit!" The group hears the sound of receding footsteps.

"Arrgh! Fine! I suppose I'll have to do it myself!" Otto quickly slots himself into his podium and starts pumping energy into the floor. Then, the floor underneath Raul's podium begins to shift, dragging him towards the window.

“Oh no! Something went wrong!”

"What kind of rules interpretation is that?" Urumi shouted from behind V.A.L.

"S-Stop it!" Koichi cried to Otto. "It won't work! Please don't try!"

"I'm sorry everyone, bzzt, I must try something," V.A.L. announced, and wheeled over to Otto's podium.

A USB ejected from V.A.L.'s body and it began attempting to hack the other robot's podium.

Raul remained calm as he was being dragged towards the window.

"Don't say I didn't warn you! Everyone, get out of the way!"

With some difficulty, he made sure to aim at Otto.

A gunshot rang out throughout the trial room.

V.A.L. quickly looked up, trying to track the potential trajectory of the bullet.

"Everyone please crouch and cover your heads, bzzt."

The sky is the limit!

"Hey, what are you doing?" Otto turned towards V.A.L. "Get that thing away from my-"

Then he hears the gunshot. Distracted by V.A.L., Otto barely has any time to attempt to dodge. Nevertheless, he spins his propeller rapidly and attempts to zoom off.

He's too late. The bullets punches into the left side of Otto's body and tears through diagonally, emerging out the back. Otto lets out a pre-recorded scream as the force chucks him into the air and behind the podium, where he lands with a metallic clang.

Meanwhile, his hat lands on the ground in the center of the trial room and lies there, upside-down and abandoned.

(You may still post, but please don't do anything too outlandish. The chapter will end soon.)

"...Otto...did he die..?"

"Oh, oh no, bzzt," V.A.L. murmurs, and quickly heads over to Otto's broken body. It picked the mangled body up gently, shaking it's head sadly.

"You were just following someone's orders, bzzt," the robot said. "We're physically programmed to obey, bzzt. You couldn't do anything else, bzzt."

"Perhaps he died..." Urumi muttered pointlessly from where she remained crouching. "So, um... what happens now?"

Shy guy

Peeking out from behind her podium, Keri thought it safe enough to move out from behind it and a little closer to where Otto had fallen. "Is that it? Did Raul really do it? With Kyle... doing whatever Kyle is doing, Otto gone and the mastermind potentially dead already, is this finally over?"

"I don't think Kyle wants to continue this game, and Otto is dead..."

[put something witty here]

"...all over, just like that? Hm. I'm certainly not complaining, but... I thought it'd be tougher than that." Oscar frowns, eying Otto's remains warily. "...at any rate, what comes next? Do we simply wait for Kyle to take us away?"

“Well it’s kind of anticlimactic, but I’ll take it.” Jack shrugged. “Can’t always get the cathartic ending, and we got a nice motley crew of survivors here.”

Raul rushed towards the others, and stared at Otto's "body".

"I wouldn't get my guard down." He said, pistol still in hand. "Kyle..? What's going to happen now?" He called out.

"Uh... I was gonna ask you the same thing. I'm trapped here, you know."

Shy guy

"Um... my father was a pilot. Maybe I inherited some of that ability?" Keri spoke up uncertainly.

"I mean, it's not like Otto just left his keys on him or something. Like we don't have anything to fly the plane with."

“I know how to fly. Kind of.” Jack offered. “I also know how to hotwire..........kind of.”

diddle my bumhole

"Kind of?" Bryan incredulously replied, glancing over at Otto's "body" every so often to see if he's truly dead. "Well, if anything, I guess it's better than nothing..."

“Yup. That’s my motto and it’s gotten me this far. I think we’ll be ok, but you guys can wait outside the blimp if you’re concerned about safety or something.”

The sky is the limit!

While the passenger’s were distracted with talking to Kyle, the floor shifted under their feet.

“Uhh… What was that?” Bryan asks.

“Look! The podium!” Koichi says.

Everyone turns toward the podium, which Otto seems to be perched just above. His propeller spins lazily, and sparks still fly from the holes in his body. Four arms are sticking out of him, clinging to the podium. Two emerge from their usual spot, and the others emerged from the bullet hole, giving him the appearance of a robotic spider. The eye on his face seemed to be flickering as he sent energy into the airship once more.

“Wh-What do you think you’re doing?” Keri asks.

Otto didn’t respond.

Suddenly, the airship pitched backwards, the floor quickly approaching a 90° angle. The students began to lose their footing, but their podiums moved to catch them… except Raul’s.

Kyle’s panicked voice came over the speakers. “O-Oh my gosh! Otto, stop this! I’ve done my research, and this is like, really dangerous!”

Otto didn’t seem to care. He was only focused on Raul, who was struggling to keep his footing on the slanting floor. Hand shaking, Raul tried to aim his gun at Otto. However, Otto shifted one of the podiums between the two of them. Koichi was on it, leaning against the podium. Raul cursed and lowered the gun.

Suddenly, another podium slammed into his head. He tumbled forward, falling towards the window. Everyone reached for him, but it was to no avail. He crashed straight through the window, falling to the ground below amidst a rain of broken glass.

As Raul lay on the ground, a pre-recorded bout of laughter came from Otto. Except it didn’t sound quite right. The pitch seemed to wildly modulate from too high to too low.

“Interesting story about that immortality spell… They say you can stop the effect if the brain of the spell’s victim is destroyed… and you wanna hear something else strange? Well, there was a bit of an oversight in the creation of these bracelets. Normally, they deactivate when the one wearing them dies, so the victim’s don’t explode right after we leave… but the punishment system… that’s still active!”

“No. NO!” Bryan shouts, slamming his foot on the bottom of the podium. “Don’t even think about it!”

“Oh, I’m thinking about it, all right! In fact, I’m doing it.”

“H-Huh? Oh shit!” Kyle’s shouts, “He’s moving stuff around in here! N-No! Get away from that!”

The students didn’t hear it, and they certainly didn’t see it. But somehow, they felt it. A fiery explosion had shattered the calm in Lacuna Cove.

Down in the town, Raul had picked up a shard of glass and ran it gently across his finger. It made a small cut… and the blood kept flowing.

“Excellent! Simply excellent!” Otto continued, “Now, let’s go! We’ve got a schedule to keep, and we’re burning daylight here! The sky is the limit, you know!”

The passengers screamed desperately as the airship launched into the air, farther and farther from Raul. 50 feet… 100 feet… 150 feet…

200 feet.

A fiery explosion shattered the calm in El Pueblo de Tomás.

He Was the Bravest of Them All: End
7 Passengers Remain

Spoiler: Epilogue

Smoke drifted from the ashen remains. Pieces of wood were strewn across the street. Scattered amongst the rubble were the few steel objects that had survived the blaze… a hammer, a knife, and a mirror.

The Undertaker lay in ruins, and the nearby tailor was damaged as well. Anyone standing inside must have been totally vaporized.

Fortunately for Raul, he had been standing in the road a few feet away when the explosion went off. Now he stood nearby, staring at the remains of the building. Then, he started laughing uproariously.

Otto may have been a skilled pilot, but he was a horrible general. All he’d succeeded in doing was walking right into Raul’s trap.

Raul calmly and methodically placed a saddle on the back of the brown stallion, the one horse Otto had failed to take back aboard. He was surprised to see it still around. Most likely, he theorized, whatever Jack had done to the poor animal had simply scared it off, not frightened it.

Though there was no point on focusing on the past now. The future was all that mattered.

Raul climbed onto the back of his horse, loaded with water and other supplies, and looked toward his future… the end of the railroad track. It had to lead somewhere. Perhaps to another abandoned town, with plenty of food, shelter, and perhaps even a map. Though Raul didn’t plan to stay long. His only goal was to return to his country and, if possible, return for the others… though by the time he finished his journey, it would likely be too late to turn back.

So, without any regrets, he kicked his spurs and raced off, the horse beating along the railway with just as much determination as him. Raul had no idea where his journey would take him. Perhaps he would get killed by wildlife. Perhaps he would tumble into a ravine. Perhaps he would die of dehydration, or some other invisible killer.

Or perhaps he would succeed and make his grand return to civilization.

All Raul knew for sure is that he didn’t need immortality. All he needed was his determination to never back down. That way, he’d either die a fighter, or live a hero.

Raul: End…?

V.A.L. winced as the explosion rocked the airship, gripping its podium tightly. "Ultimate Raul, bzzt...you fought valiantly."
Page 99 of 115 [ 4571 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus