Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 48 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Timeline Z End)Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

“...what...” Teddy murmured, and then asked more loudly, “I-I’m not going to accept it if you’re just making shit up! Or do you... remember?”
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

hi

Violet looked up from the ground with wide eyes. "You're...me?" She walked over to her future self. "Are...are you sure? Does all that...really happen? It's not g-gonna happen to me...right?" Violet touched her face, hands shaking.

Shy guy

Bad Player wrote:
“...what...” Teddy murmured, and then asked more loudly, “I-I’m not going to accept it if you’re just making shit up! Or do you... remember?”

Ghost stared at Teddy for a few moments, expression unreadable behind the visor. Eventually, however, she shook her head sadly. "Even now, I don't have all my memories. In fact I'm still missing a lot, most things beyond 9 years ago are still a blank. But I know with an utmost certainty that this is why I'm here.

"Maybe it's easier this way. You won't be losing me: Violet is still right here, by your side. I'm not the girl you know, and my father is a Teddy who died in some unrelated future."

Blinky wrote:
Violet looked up from the ground with wide eyes. "You're...me?" She walked over to her future self. "Are...are you sure? Does all that...really happen? It's not g-gonna happen to me...right?" Violet touched her face, hands shaking.

"No!" Ghost replied with a bit more force than she'd intended; apparently the mention of function #21 still haunted her. "No... that won't happen to you. In your timeline, this timeline, there won't be a Blight Y outbreak. You won't need to go back in time, you'll be able to live in peace. Actually it's quite important for me that you do: please," she said, crouching down to Violet's eye level, "look after Bradley for me, in my place."

1000% Knight

“D-Do you really think I’d let you say you’re my daughter and then waltz off to your death?!” Teddy cries out as he scrambled up to Ghost. “I mean—But—It’s sick, but I can see how killing Bradley solves everything, but what will your death do?! And—And weren’t you searching for a solution where nobody dies?! Even if... Even if there’s a Violet that’s alive, there’ll still be a Violet that’s dead!”

Gettin' Old!

Bradley sobbed still desperate to stop Ghost. "But...but...I'm still infected...I'll just be stuck here alone if you do that. I need you Ghost!" He pleaded turning his push into a tight hug "What will I do without you?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

hi

"It's okay, Bradley. I'll...I'll stay with you." Violet turned to Ghost. "I promise. And...thank you, Ghost. F-For doing this for us." She wrapped her arms around both Bradley and Ghost.

Shy guy

Bad Player wrote:
“D-Do you really think I’d let you say you’re my daughter and then waltz off to your death?!” Teddy cries out as he scrambled up to Ghost. “I mean—But—It’s sick, but I can see how killing Bradley solves everything, but what will your death do?! And—And weren’t you searching for a solution where nobody dies?! Even if... Even if there’s a Violet that’s alive, there’ll still be a Violet that’s dead!”

Pierre wrote:
Bradley sobbed still desperate to stop Ghost. "But...but...I'm still infected...I'll just be stuck here alone if you do that. I need you Ghost!" He pleaded turning his push into a tight hug "What will I do without you?"

Before answering them, Ghost said, "No matter what Emma tried, the Blight Y outbreak still happened and Zero rose up, declaring war on Helios. She tried 97 times, doing anything and everything she could. Some timelines she tried to find a cure, some timelines she tried to keep Bradley away from Violet, and recently she relied on me to be there for Bradley, hoping that would be enough to stop him from becoming Zero. Nothing worked. It didn't matter what she tried, Bradley would always meet Violet, Blight Y would always get out, and the world would always end. It was... destiny.

"It was what we were trying to avoid, the conclusion to this problem. Emma tried everything to avoid it, as did I. But in the end, it was clear there was only one way to force history down a radically different path: Bradley or Violet had to die. I would rather this didn't happen - I'd give anything to stay with Bradley if I could - but it's impossible. After 97 attempts, we're certain. But after this ends, anything is possible! We're no longer stuck going down the timeline that ends in war. It's even possible they find a cure for Blight Y. I'm not just dying so you don't have to, Bradley; I'm dying so you can live. I'm creating a future where there's still hope for you, where one day you might leave this bunker and go out into the real world!"

Blinky wrote:
"It's okay, Bradley. I'll...I'll stay with you." Violet turned to Ghost. "I promise. And...thank you, Ghost. F-For doing this for us." She wrapped her arms around both Bradley and Ghost.

"Thank you, Violet. I can be at peace knowing Bradley will have you, nothing is more important to me than that. I don't want him to be alone anymore."

1000% Knight

“Hey—no—but—we can’t have Violet stuck in here and me stuck in jail!” Teddy finally managed to stammer out.

hi

Violet stepped away from Ghost for a moment to look at her dad. "It's okay, dad. I'll be fine here. I'll have Bradley and Einstein to keep me company, and it's not like there's nothing to do here." She smiled. "At least now you don't have to worry about me dropping out of school and working at McDonald's for the rest of my life."

Emma seemed shocked at Ghost revealing her identity at first, but she seemed to process it quickly.

"That...certainly explains a lot." She turned to Ghost. "As much as I'd prefer it didn't come to this, this might be the solution we have been hoping for. Something has to change, if we want to get a future without the Blight-Y epidemic, or even a future with a cure for Bradley, which won't happen in the direction the world is currently heading."

She looked solemnly as Ghost embraced Bradley. "I will trust that you have made the right choice here, Ghost. "
Signature loading, please wait...

1000% Knight

“I never thought you’d do that, Violet! And this sounds simple, but are you really going to just thr—“ Teddy suddenly stopped talking, and then let out a big sigh, relenting. “Both you and your mother... Once you put your mind to something, there was nothing I could do to fucking stop it. So I guess both of your minds are made up,” he said, glancing at Ghost.

Suddenly, he wheeled on Emma. “If Violet stays down here, she’s going to get infected with Blight Y, right? You’d better send your best fucking doctors down here to treat her! And have your top researchers working on a cure!”

Gettin' Old!

Bradley took a deep breath and gave both Violets a hug "Th-thank you Violet...and Ghost. This...this is a really weird situation but...I felt there was something more." He looked up at Ghost "Future me must have really trusted you so...I know me and Violet will get on...it'll be good to have another kid around this place...though...I still don't know how long it'll be until I'm cured." He mumbled lunging into Ghost for one last embrace.

"Goodbye Mum"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

"Look, I'll be honest...I really just can't make heads or tails of any of this." Helios eventually added, shrugging. "I really don't see how Violet's future self dying in the past would make a difference... Though I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway."

Helios flashed his usual grin at the others and added, "It's no secret that I won't get to enjoy the future you've all created, whatever may come of it. But at the very least, I can take some solace in seeing that you've all come to some sort of solution you're satisfied with."

"Let's all hope for many more prosperous years for our country!" He shouted.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

“Heh…it all makes sense now.” Albert gave a small smile for seemingly the first time in a while. “I’m sorry…that you had to die like this, Ghost…or Vi, I should say. I’ll never forget what you did for us.” He motioned to pat her on the back. “And now, after all this…the future’s been settled. Once and for all…this game has truly ended.”

Thank you, Vi. Thank you for everything.”

Midge grabs Ghost's hand, holding back tears of joy.

"Hey, I know you did all this for Bradley, but... I'm so glad that you did this. I never thought I'd ever be able to dig myself out of the future I witnessed. I've been blessed by your miracle. You did what I couldn't, and I'm so grateful."

She lets go and chuckles.

"Incredible."
Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Timeline Z Ghost End)Topic%20Title

Spoiler: End
Bradley was running around in the garden, throwing the frisbee back and forth with Einstein for hours. Ghost had given him the dog just earlier that day. It was the happiest she’d seen him in a long time.

Bradley and Einstein ran around for hours, with Ghost joining as well. The material of her hazmat suit was tough, but she still made sure to be extra cautious of it. Bradley was much less cautious, jumping around the walls all day and getting dirty as sin in the garden area.

Eventually, the inevitable happened. Bradley tripped and hit his head on the rock. It was only a small cut, but for a child that didn’t feel pain often it was a nightmare. He sobbed loudly, Einstein and Ghost making their best efforts to calm him down.

Eventually, they did. Bradley was still shaking, and he still seemed to want to cry but had run out of tears. Ghost got out the first-aid kit and began to apply disinfectant and a bandage.

Ghost… are you ever going to leave me?

Ghost was caught off-guard by the question. She didn’t know what to say. Especially knowing that… it might be the only way.

“I-Is tha-that wh-why-why you gave me Ein-Einstein?” Bradley choked the words out through sobs.

“Of course not, Bradley.” Ghost assured. “But something you need to understand is that… everybody dies one day. It’s just a fact of life. So yes, one day I will have to leave you.”

Without warning, Bradley began sobbing again. Ghost pulled him in a hug, rubbing her hand across his back.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be here as long as I can be. I know when the day comes, you’ll be strong enough for it.”

“... will I still be in this house?” Bradley asked.

Ghost pushed Bradley gently away so she could look right at him. She didn’t want to give him any false hope. She knew failure was more than likely. She knew that any false promises here could devastate him irreparably.

“One day… it will be safe to go outside again. I promise you, Bradley. You’ll be able to see it with your own eyes.”

All those images flashed through Ghost’s mind as she took the final step in the elevator. Her heart felt completely crushed, and every fiber in her being wanted her to turn around. Would it be for nothing? Would this even work? Could they all die?

Ghost turned to face everyone. She took a careful look at each of their faces.

Albert. Violet. Emma. Adriana. Midge. Even Helios and Teddy. She could trust each of them to do this without her.

Finally, she looked at Bradley. He was smiling, doing his best to force it. Not wanting Ghost to have to see him cry in her last moments.

Any regret in her mind washed away. Just as she heard the cable above her snap, she smiled back at him. More than anything else, she wished he could see it.

GHOST ~ END
Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (End)Topic%20Title

Spoiler: End 1
The Jeep sped down the desert road. The back only had three seats so Albert sat on the edge with Bradley next to him, then Midge, Emma, and Teddy. Violet sat on Teddy’s lap by the other window.

Adriana was driving, while Helios sat in the passenger’s seat. He had said he couldn’t sit in the back because cramped areas were bad for his cancer. Teddy duly responded with a suspicious glare but ultimately didn’t protest it.

Bradley was in a child-sized hazmat suit (two of them in fact--best to not take chances), gripping Einstein in his arms. Emma said it would be best to keep him in a separate bunker for the time being given the presence of Z and the investigation that would have to occur in the main one.

Teddy was looking out the window, eyes misty and downtrodden. Violet was hugging him by his midsection as she sat on his lap.

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah.” He assured. “Don’t worry. I’m happy. And… so proud of you.”

Albert looked out his closest window, trying not to appear like he was eavesdropping.

“Hey, Al.”

Albert gulped and turned around. “Y-Yeah?”

“Your debt’s forgiven.”

“H-Huh?”

“Your debt. Forget it.”

Albert looked down at the floor. It felt like he had been drowning and was just able to breathe for the first time. That burning, awful fucking pain from that mistake hanging over his head. Breaking his back scraping every nickel and dime he could…

“Thanks. But I’ll find a way to pay it.”

“Huh?”

“I’m not taking any favors from you. Not again.” He said, satisfied. “Who knows what you’ll ask of me if I help you now? I’m not stupid enough to do it twice.”

“For a genius you’re a real fucking idiot, Al.” Teddy growled. “You and I both know there’s no way in hell you’ll be able to pay it back.”

“I’ll find a way.”

“Well forget it. It’s forgiven and if you try to pay it back… well I hope you’re not too attached to your kneecaps.”

Frustrated, Albert reached into his pocket and threw a die right at Teddy’s face.

“Ow, motherfucker!” Teddy shouted, scrambling to reach over Bradley, Midge, and Emma.

“Easy now.” Midge advised, trying to break the two up and forcing them back in their seats.

“Hey, Mr. Bianchi?” Helios spoke up from the front. “What about my debt?”

“Eat a dick, Tessy.” Teddy grumbled.

Spoiler: End 2
Dad...what’s gonna happen when we get back?

Teddy didn’t know what to say. He wanted to wave her off until he remembered the promise he had made. “I’m probably going to jail.”

Despite knowing the answer, she still shivered.

“I’m going to need you to be strong, ok? Chris and Matt can take care of you, and I’ll make sure Mink holds onto my money for you guys.”

Violet began to cry but Teddy held her closer. “You’ll be fine, ok? You have people you’re looking after now.” He pointed his head to Bradley. “I’ll try not to stay long.”

Emma looked down as she overheard the conversation, and Teddy took notice.

“Afraid of prison?”

“I was aware it would be a consequence.” She cupped her hands. “It’s not something I’m happy about, but I’ll manage.”

Midge’s eyes lit up as if she had an idea. “Let me stay with you!”

“Excuse me?”

“Emma, I spent so long without you that I never want to do it again. Plus prison is not nearly as bad as where I’m from. Hell compared to the streets it’s an upgrade.

“Clara, enough.”

“See, that’s the thing! If I were in prison I’d never run into my young self either! It’s perfect!”

“I can’t have you making that sacrifice for me.” Emma insisted. “I wouldn’t want it. The world outside has so many more possibilities. Places you never got to saw.”

“Emma, trust me.”

“I think you should really think about this. You’d be giving up everything that we just fought for…”

There was a long pause. It seemed like Midge was antsy to jump on it again, but she slowly calmed down.

“Maybe you’re right.” She conceded. “I have people who rely on me back in the city too...man, Slim and Zippy would be so pissed if I just got myself thrown in prison.”

“I still wouldn’t mind a visit.” Emma smiled. “Just every once in a while.”

Midge wiped away a tear. “Well, good. You’re going to be seeing me more than the guards.”

Spoiler: End 3
I’m sorry.

Adriana looked at Helios quizzically but didn’t respond. She kept her eyes focused on the road, but was waiting to hear more.

“The Adriana I knew… she might’ve been a lie. But I didn’t treat her right. I didn’t care about her. Not really. If I had… I wouldn’t have betrayed her.” He looked at Adriana. “I wouldn’t have betrayed and uh… killed you. Sorry for that.”

“I don’t hate you, Helios.” She sighed. “But I think you need to think about true leadership-- not just the politics, but moral leadership. True integrity. Why you took this job in the first place. Why you wanted to be president.” It seemed like she was done, but then she whispered. “I’m sorry you won’t be around long enough to really learn that.”

Helios slumped forward, hands between his legs. He closed his eyes, thinking about his future. The little time he had left, and how much more he had wanted to do.

“... so what are you planning to do?”

“I’m not sure. Something where I’m helping people. Making a difference… leading.”

Helios chuckled. “Sounds like I rubbed off on you.”

She glared at him in response.

“Sorry, sorry. Didn’t mean it like that.”

She sighed again. “Well, I won’t forget you. If that’s what you’re afraid of.”

Helios smiled at that. “I wasn’t. I just wanted to make sure you’d be alright.”

“I’m sure I’ll manage. I’m going to be the only homunculus out there, maybe forever. But that’s not so bad. Not if I keep moving.”

He nodded and softly smiled at her. Then slowly, his eyes widened as if he remembered something. “Ms. Montin… is there a phone in here?”

She hesitated a bit but ultimately answered. “There’s a satellite phone in the glove compartment.”

“Excellent. Adriana, I hope there’s a phone number you remember.”

“Hello?”

“Hi. It’s me.”

It sounded like the line muted on the other end, just for a few seconds before coming back. “Tesla? Is that really you?”

“I thought you’d recognize my voice well enough by this point, Fernando.”

He didn’t laugh or even bother to lighten the tone. “Tesla… I was emailed some troubling documents earlier.”

“I know. That’s… why I’m calling.” Helios sighed.

“Is it true?”

Helios sighed deeply. Every instinct in his body was telling him to lie.

“It’s true. Those are my medical records. They’re private, and they were leaked without my consent.”

“I see.” There was a brief pause. I’m sorry to hear that, Tesla. Honestly… I just don’t know what to say.”

“Are you planning on using them?”

There was another break in the conversation. For a moment, Helios suspected Fernando would actually say no.

“What would you do in my shoes?”

Helios didn’t respond, caught off-guard by the question. After thinking about it, he still didn’t respond knowing with certainty they both knew the answer.

“... I’ll give you 24 hours, Tesla. I’ll let you get ahead of this. You can tell the public yourself.”

Helios took a deep breath. He knew this was coming for the last few hours, but still found it difficult to speak. “Actually… I’ll be dropping out of the election.”

“You’re kidding.”

“This is in the best interest of the country.” He took his deepest breath yet, not wanting to say the next words with every nerve in his body. “You’re going to be a great President. You’re just what we need right now.”

“I have to say, you’re really catching me off-guard this morning.” Fernando laughed. “You’re serious?”

“Saying it once was more than enough.”

Fernando laughed at that. “Fair enough. You know I see this as a real gift, Tesla. I’ve known you’re better than what the media’s been saying. Hell, I’m still losing nights of sleep thinking that you might end up pulling the rug from under me.”

“You don’t need to worry about that. I’ll release a statement as soon as I can, it’s just been a long day.”

“Understood.” It sounded like the other end of the line muted once again before coming back. “Tesla… how long do you have?”

“A few months. At best. I was actually wondering… would it be possible if I could complete as much of my senatorial term as I still can?”

No response.

“I’ll work closely with the Governor to keep my next replacement up to speed.”

It seemed like he’d still get no response, until his distinctive accent came through the line again. “Your secret is safe with me, Tesla.”

“Thank you, Governor.”

“What about Elektra? Will she need to be taken care of?”

Helios smiled. He was almost pissed at himself for feeling amicable with that pompous, pretentious, Portuguese Governor.

“Yes. She has ambitions of her own, so I hope you remember this favor.”

“Got it. I’ll be seeing you.”

CLICK

His mind went to his future again. As a Senator… there was still work he could do there. Three? Four months? Maybe a little more with some surgery? No, best not to get hopes up. There was still plenty of time to get real work done, under much less pressure than an active Presidential election.

What had once been monumental news that shook him to his core was now something much less scary. It was simply acceptable. Reality. Time only moves forward. He’d die, and the world would continue without him. Maybe they’d even remember the name ‘Tesla’.

Spoiler: End 4
Do you need anything, Bradley?” Violet asked. She had gotten off of Teddy’s lap and was kneeling on the floor by him.

“N-No-No.” He said through light sobs.

Violet didn’t know what to say despite also losing her mother recently. She tried to find the words, but instead just grabbed his gloved hand.

“V-Violet…” Bradley sniffed. “Thank you for staying with me...y-you’re a really special friend.”

“I’m the one who should be thanking you.” She smiled. “Don’t worry, there’s plenty for us to do when we get back.”

“Like what?”

“Well, have you ever seen TV?”

He shook his head.

“Not even movies?”

He shook his head again.

“Sounds like a good place to start. Spongebob, Scooby-Doo, wait you haven’t even seen the Internet!”

“Uhh…” He sounded almost apprehensive. “Is it alright if we just keep reading books?”

Midge cackled at that. “Smart kid. I got some you can use, Bradley. It’d be good to read some recent ones too--catch up on the world.”

He nodded his head slowly at that. “Uhh… there’s something else too. What about my superpowers?”

Emma raised an eyebrow, as if she hadn’t considered it. “Your potential for morphogenetic resonance is certainly much higher than a normal person due to Blight. Though considering your life may not end up being in constant danger from here on out, it’s also possible they’ll never be fully realized.”

Despite the mask, it was very obvious Bradley was disappointed in the non-answer. “So you’re saying you don’t know?”

“Trust me, Bradley.” Midge said. “You don’t want to be constantly looking at other timelines anyway. It’s the here and now that’s important. Alright?”

“Y-Yeah. Okay!”

Albert had been watching the conversation unfold. He didn’t want to butt in, and mostly felt relieved that it seemed like things would be fine, at least in the immediate future.

“So, Emma. Would you say we won this time?”

“I’m no sure.” Emma bit her lip. “Bradley’s situation doesn’t seem like it’ll be any better without a cure. But at the very least, the future should be fine. As long as we’re careful.”

Albert looked at Bradley again. He thought of Ghost, and how she had reached out to him when he needed somebody. She did that for him, for no thanks in return. She did that for Bradley too--for no reason but that she believed it was the right thing.

Then he looked at himself. What had he really done this whole time besides feel sorry for himself? Besides just walking around in pity?

“I’ll help you, Brad.” .

“H-Huh?” Bradley jumped. He sounded almost scared.

“I’ll find the cure for Blight-Y. And I’ll be quick with it too, I know how long you’ve been waiting.” Albert promised.

“Don’t be ridiculous.” Emma snapped. “The CDC has been researching this for fourteen years. I have findings from 98 attempts that-”

“Sounds like a great place to get started then. Most of the work is done for me.”

Emma just blinked at Albert, not sure whether or not he was being serious.

“I invented goddamn time travel. This is just Biology.” He laughed. He looked oddly confident, more than anybody had ever seen him.

He put his hand on Bradley’s knee. “Don’t worry. I got this.”

“Thank you, Mister Albert.” Bradley sniffed. Albert couldn’t tell what Bradley’s face looked like due to the visor, but it sounded like he was smiling. “I-I won’t expect mu-much…”

Emma began to laugh. It was a quiet chuckle but still unusual for her for how genuine it seemed.

“What?” Albert asked.

“Nothing. You’re just the smartest person I’ve ever met and… I never even considered to think that you could do it.”

Albert just raised an eyebrow at that but didn’t question her further.

Emma smiled and slowly began to shake with vivid excitement. “If you truly do develop a cure, then I can get my findings back to 9 years ago again. We can stop this much earlier. Save Ghost, even the people Bradley infected alread-”

“Emma, are you out of your mind?!” Midge shouted.

Emma blinked at her.

“Have you learned anything?!”

“I just-”

“Emma…” Midge gripped her hands tightly. “It’s ok for people to die. You can’t save everyone and… you need to accept that.”

“But Ghost died for this mission. Bradley’s depending on-”

“Ghost died for Bradley, Emma. He’s still here. He still has a future right now.”

“The ‘here and now’...” Bradley repeated, looking at Midge. “Right?”

“Yeaaaaah, I’m gonna have to pass on the time machine this time.” Albert agreed. “Even the headset I made was dangerous, let alone full-fledged time travel.”

He looked out the window at the desert horizon. “You know Sherrington warned Midge not to change my life until October 1st, right? That’s when Ice died…” He clenched the headset he had shattered on the floor earlier. “Even that crazy bastard realized the past is best left in the past.”

Emma looked down at herself. It was like she hadn’t realized this timeline was it. A strange dissonance she had felt over the last 9 years, the large burden she upheld, the amount of stress she underwent… and yet she couldn’t stop staring at her hands.

Without warning, she burst into tears.

“A-Ah!” Midge shouted. She was clearly taken aback. “O-Oh my god, you’re… crying?!”

“Please… just don’t mind me.” Emma coughed.

“Oh, Emma!” Midge grabbed her in a hug. “Nothing to be ashamed of. This is a good thing!”

Spoiler: End 5
As Emma had begun to compose herself, Teddy was left with his own thoughts. He hadn’t said a word to Bradley since they got in the car. And seeing Albert step up to the plate only made him feel worse.

“Bradley.” Teddy looked at him. “I’m sorry. I know it doesn’t mean anything. And I know I fucked up your life so bad. And I know that because of me, you lost someone that the world will never return to you.”

Bradley didn’t say anything.

“I...I just think…” Teddy put his hand over his mouth. What the hell? Was he about to cry? “I don’t deserve any forgiveness from you, Bradley. I fucked things up bad in a way that I can never fix. You looked out for me and Violet so many times, and it fucking breaks my heart that-” Teddy didn’t finish the sentence. It seemed like he was swallowing his words, or trying to vomit them out.

“Mister Teddy, it’s fine.” Bradley said. “It’s like you said--it was all for Violet, right?”

“No. It wasn’t.”

Violet looked up at Teddy with a surprised look on her face. He could only guess that Bradley’s face looked similar.

“Protecting people doesn’t mean hurting people.” He looked out the window as he said that, not wanting to look at Bradley. “And I know how fucking obvious that is, but I’m not the smartest guy. I hurt people because it was easy way. Nothing more than that.”

The conversations stopped for some time. All anybody could hear was the tires rolling across the desert rock.

“There’s one part I don’t understand though.” Emma spoke up.

Violet looked at Emma incredulously. “Just one part?”

“Well, it’s a small thing. But if Ghost were you, why would she mutilate her own face?”

“... what do you mean?”

“We thought she mutilated her face to protect her identity. But there was no reason to hide she was you. In fact if we remembered she was you from other timelines, we could’ve done the last trial much easier.”

“Well, maybe she was protecting Bradley?” Midge shrugged. “I don’t know. She thought hiding herself was important somehow.”

“Well, I never saw who she was under the suit either.” Emma reminded. “I don’t know, it just feels a bit strange to me. That we only have her own word she was Violet-”

“Wait a second.” Teddy interrupted. “That doesn’t make sense. Why the fuck would she lie about something like that?”

Emma looked back at the road behind her. The Nullification Game--the black box of the universe. That had been Ghost’s theory.

Was she right then? Certainly sounds risky, but it does look like we succeeded...

“Hey, stop keeping secrets!” Bradley smashed his gloved hand against the seat. “Who could Ghost even be if she wasn’t Violet?”

“I’m not sure.” Emma frowned. “Ghost introduced herself to me in the hazmat suit this timeline. Though I did always suspect she was a member of my staff that I knew better in the other histories, who I never met in this one. Her name was-”

“Oh my god!” Adriana shouted. “Look, a helicopter! It’s already landing!”

Forgetting what Emma was saying, everybody peeled their faces to the nearest window. A helicopter was already very low, trying to close distance on the vehicle.

Adriana slowed down and put the vehicle in park. Everybody climbed over each other and jumped out of the Jeep. The helicopter slowly landed, spinning up sand in a cloud around it.

“Mr. Senator?!” A man’s voice shouted. It could only be heard now as the blades had just started to slow down.

Everybody was putting their arms up to shield themselves from the sand. Eventually, Helios put his arm down to see the man stepping out of the cloud.

“Of all the odds…” Helios shook his head in disbelief. He ran forward to the man and immediately shook his hand firmly, patting him heartily on the back.

“It really is you!” The man shouted over the noise. “We caught a signal from a phone nearby so we decided to trace it! Where have you been?”

“It’s a long story. I was trapped in a bunker with-ah, where are my manners!” Helios slapped his head. “I’m sorry.”

He faced the group and extended his hand to the man. “Everyone. This is my good friend, Tyrell!”

END
Page 48 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus